ConnectionsAcademy reviews

Tel: 800-382-6010
abazin@connectionsacademy.com

raktj
5/23/18

I have been at this school for 2 years now, and I have been astounded as to the quality of general knowledge that I have gained through this school, and the general quality of the lessons, (in most cases) is very good. However, there are a few glaring problems with the system that have discouraged me from re-enrolling. The first being the scheduling system. I have seen a lot of reviews on this school claiming that the workload is too much. Typically, this is not true, and I can get by the average day getting all As on my assignments by 3 PM. Notice, however, I said average. Because of poor design of the schedule, there will be slack periods, days which I will get few to no lessons assigned to me, and then others in which I will receive up to 4 portfolios or projects to be completed within 2 days! I find that absolutely ridiculous. My second complaint is that response time from teachers is incredibly slow via the "webmail" and on occasion I find myself needing to send up to 10 messages before being responded too. Other times the teachers are simply on vacation. Lastly, this school, in general, is not for the faint of heart or weak. Assignments are hard, and the concept of self-teaching, in general, requires a great deal of self-control. I am in the same classes as around 50 other people, many of them, alongside me, have high grades and are capable of handling the workload. Others are, however, in the D's and F's, and are incredibly unhappy with the workload. That just goes to show this school is not for everyone, which makes this last thing not a complaint but a simple statement. The school isn't at fault for everything, its just designed for a certain type of person, and your child may not be that kind of person. I think that this is an incredibly good school, with a few problems, but should definitely be explored more before enrollment. If you are asking, how do I know? There are multiple programs over summer that don't require commitment, which can give a rough, but effective idea of what to be expected, these include khan academy (also a partner of connections), brain chase, and probably some others. I definitely recommend this school, for a select few people with maturity, and a willingness to work hard. If your child does not have this, you can forget about enrolling.

carolinel59
5/22/18

Honestly all these reviews confuse me switching to connexus was the best choice my mom and i could have made the teachers are so willing to help and will contact you if they have concerns and will always help you as long as you put in the effort and contact them. The fact that i can do my lessons on my schedule and still have a life during the day and working in the evening and night is always great. I can't explain how much i appreciate this school for making me interested in learning again after losing all interest in school because of bullying in brick & mortar school i really love how amazing they are.

emilyp118
5/15/18

This school serves their own best interests rather than the best interests of their students. This school was one of the biggest mistakes that I have ever made.

jaxonl1
5/11/18

i want to kill myself this school is so bad. Everyone of the teachers is a liar. Its complete false advertisement and you don't learn a single thing. Its standardized tests and that's it. I would actually learn more from a goat on steroids.

pjs16
5/4/18

I have been reading the reviews here and frankly I'm confused. My children attend the Ripon online site and they and I Love, Love, Love it! They began as first and second graders and plan to continue thru high school. The program IS rigorous, one of the things we like. They get exposure to an amazing curriculum and for the most part go at their own pace. There is a scheduler which allows me to schedule their lesson according to their needs. For example, I have one child who really enjoys Language Arts, so I schedule those classes to be done the most, 3 to 4 times per week. My child breezes through those and has more time to work on math, which is more troublesome for them. My other child is very strong in math, but dosen't like Language Arts very much. So, I schedule math heavy, and Language Arts light. As long as all of the lessons are completed in a reasonable time, all is well. I have found the teachers to be very responsive to any challenges we have had. When we have had to travel, it was wonderful that the children didn't miss any "school", because we had it with us, via the computer. One year my children were able to take classes from Julliard. They thought that it was "cool" to take music classes from such a great, well renowned institution, for free and from the comfort of their own room! I'm so sorry to find that a number of other people have not had the experience that we have had. Prior to enrolling my children in Connections Academy, I was "home schooling' them. I am college educated, but didn't feel that I was giving them all of the information and structure, that they would need to have long term success. So, I went looking for another resource. I looked at "K-12", but it didn't seem right for us. I, figuratively, stumbled upon Connections Academy, during a web search. Perhaps each region is different, but I can tell you at the Ripon "site", our experience has been Awesome. My children began in different grades owing to one being a stronger reader. My other child became better at reading and wanted to be in classes with their sibling. Connections allowed my child to do class work in two grades, concurrently, in order to "catch up" with their sibling. Now both are in the same grade. I could go on and on about their and my positive experiences. As to the negatives, in the years my children have attended Connections, we have only had 2 incidents which were handled immediately. One was with an instructor who seemed not to understand that my children are twins and had an issue. I contacted the teacher in charge of that grade and received an apology and my children were transferred to another teacher in 1 day. Also, there was an incident where one child said something inappropriate in LiveLesson to one my children, again it was addressed right away and the child was reprimanded (the proof was documented, as most communication is done in written form. Any actual "speaking" is heard by the instructor in each room as microphone privileges must be granted by the in room instructor.). In our experience, bullying of any type in simply not tolerated. During the field trips, my children spend "face time" with the other students in their grade as well as other, younger and older students. The children all seem to have a fun time together without out bigotry or any other problems. Differently abled children as well as those from cultures outside of the United States, join together and are just children having fun with their friends. As you can tell our experiences have left me beyond pleased with Connections Academy. I am very sorry everyone hasn't had our experiences. I tell everyone that I know, who has young children, to check it out. When my children and I are out and about, we discuss their classes or other interests. I have been asked by other parents who have heard our exchanges, in the doctor's office as well as grocery stores, etc.,what school my children attend, I proudly tell them "Connections Academy". If things change when my children are in high school, I will look elsewhere, but so far, so great.

nicholasb75
4/29/18

This school is very bad. I started last fall for 8th grade. Before I started the school I looked at the website and I had a pamphlet sent to me to learn more about the school. It seemed like it was for me. On the first day of school I worked 8 hours which is ok because I was getting used to how they do things. Then about two months later I worked ten hours in one day to work on a portfolio that I found out later was dropped. All those hours I did to complete the portfolio was wasted none of my teachers told me that it was dropped. Not only that I didn't get to complete my lessons for that day so I fell behind. I am so happy because my mom sees how stupid this school is and now for the fall I will be going to public school. Also if you need a lot of time to do a portfolio DON'T COME HERE!!!! They only give you two days at the most to do work. I have only seen once having three days to work on it. AGAIN DON'T COME TO THIS SCHOOL. One more thing every review on here is more than 95% accurate.

kristyr9
4/21/18

We Have home schooled my son for the last 4 years thru other online schools. I did not re-enroll in time for the normal online school choice and connexus had openings... now i know why they were the last to fill. I have nothing good or positive to say. They do not offer individualized learning accriculum like they say, there is no modified assignments, everything i was told upon enrolling was a lie. If they get stuck on an assignment they cant go to the next lesson until its passed. This causes to fall way behind. An There is poor communication, the IEP and homeroom teacher are horribly rude when speaking to the student and parent. I was being harrassed to sign a modification/review of my sons IEP which I communicated many times it would be done the following year when he was in public school, by a team of educators who could better accommodate his learning path. I received multipal emails everyday to sign a modified IEP that I was not involved in nor agreed with, nor spoken to about the changes, which is completely against my rights. Several emails just wanting me to sign a blank document, and others were not even my child's IEP, they belonged to another child and had his personal private information on it. Like I said, i have no positive feedback with my experience with connexus. I know this was their 1st year doing highschool, maybe in a few years they will figure it out and have better teachers and actually follow thru with the type of school they sold me on. THEY DO NOT HAVE INDIVIDUAL LEARNING. CHILD CANNOT WORK AT OWN SPEED. LESSONS ARE CONFUSING AND THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE UNCLEAR. TEACHERS ARE RUDE WHEN STUDENT SEEKS HELP. TOLD MY SON IT'S HIS OWN FAULT HE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND. HE HAS A COMPREHENSION AND HEARING DISABILITY. HOW IS THAT HIS FAULT?

camdynb
Camdyn b.
4/13/18

When looking into doing online school this is one of the first places I looked into, after visiting the website I was sold on the idea of having a flexible schedule and 1 on 1 learning, because I travel a lot with sports teams and family traditional school was very hard to keep up with because of all the missed days. Right of the bat they lost numerous papers that my dad had to keep resubmitting, witch left me starting late and already behind. Then when I finally started to try to do my work I found that I was very confused about what I was supposed to do and even after contacting my counselor( who was no help btw) I was finally helped by friends who were also using the site. After learning all the basics I was astounded by the amount of time that I was supposed to work and how fast you could fall behind. After taking all honors courses my freshman year I found this more time consuming than all of my courses last year. The lessons were horrible and very confusing and they would push so much information into one lesson that I would find myself taking pictures instead of notes because of the amount of information. Also a lot of the information included is not stuff that I would say is important to learning a subject. For example in the Spanish 2 course you will learn very little about actually speaking the Spanish language and will spend most of your time learning about what it is like to live in Spain and other Spanish speaking countries. Which is very different Than a regular public school where your main focus of the class is learning the language. Also when it says flexible schedule that is the biggest lie I heard when looking into the site. If you miss a day of school it will take you days to catch up on the classes you missed. You could easily spend upwards of 8 hours a day looking at a computer screen. In addition they say that this is an accredited site, after talking to numerous adults and coaches I learned that this site is a joke to any good college or prep school somebody may want to attend. I dont know if it is like this for all ages, but if you or your child is in highschool do not use this site YOU WILL REGRET IT!! This is easily the worst mistake I have ever made and there is a 0% chance that I use this next year, absolutely horrible

reneep53
4/7/18

We switched to Connections Academy in Washington State a few months ago. My kids are in 6th, 4th and 3rd. My kids love it and I love that they are home with me all day. It is a school so you do have to spend a good amount of time learning and doing assignments. People post that there is too much work but it's really not. My kids spend less time doing school work with WACA then they spend at their public school. But we do spend at least 4 to 5 hours plus reading each day doing school work. It's not laying around and being lazy kind of deal that I think some people are expecting online school might be. It's real school work that has to be done each day... Yes it is flexible ... If you have something going on on Monday you can skip doing your school work that day and do extra work the other days or finish it up on the weekend. But you can't just push off the work to do when you feel like it or you will quickly get behind... That is not a good feeling..I feel like my kids can learn more doing online school . If they have a question when we are going over a lesson or want more info we can stop and look up the info or watch a video to get more details or we can simply just talk about what we are learning. This is something they can not do at public school because they have to quickly move on to the next lesson or activity. I have also read about people complaining about needing to track hours. It's very simple ... you put in 6 hours each day M-F into the computer systems... It's super simple. You don't actually have a stop watch counting your time spent learning. The teachers are nice. My kids have one live lesson everyday M-F. They are required to go to at least one a week to get their teacher contact in. My kids go to all their live lessons... It's school and I want them to learn as much as possible. It's also another way to interact with the other kids. Some teachers allow more of it than others. I think the only negative for me is my daughter misses seeing her friends at school. The social part of it. We do plan on signing up for field trips next school year to get more involved with the school and meet other families. Since there are so many negative comments I just wanted to give my feedback. Connections Academy is a great school if you have the time to help your children go through the lessons and you are ready to do some work.. It's not something you sign your kids up for and have them figure it out on their own...

mariem194
4/5/18

my child attend this online school just because it worked for us we love to travel and be on the road a lot and they locked my child out of all her class work because we were not doing work fast enough ! ok that makes sense let her get farther behind I guess we will be looking for a school that lets us go at our own pace

dk119
4/5/18

I was considering Connections Academy for my son, but ended up deciding it was not a good fit. I had inquired information about enrolling and since then they have called me every day, sometimes twice a day, one is a recording and the other is a person, they leave minute long voice mails. They also have been sending me spam emails telling me I need to finish enrollment, even though I have emailed them now twice stating I do not wish to enroll. Clearly something is going on here that all this school cares about is having numbers, no other school has spammed my phone and email after simple inquiry. I won't recommend this school based solely on the fact that they won't stop calling and emailing me to try to convince me to enroll, they don't care about students, they care about numbers, like any other public school.

britneyc8
3/27/18

All these other kids complaining must not work a lot. I'm about 3 months ahead of everyone else in my local school because I spend a lot of time working on my lessons and work on the weekends. If you put in the time and effort, its really not that hard. Thanks to this school I'm going to be able to have an associates degree before I even graduate highschool. You just have to actually be motivated enough to do it yourself and actually spend time working ahead and you'll be fine. Since I work through everything a lot quicker, I normally do a lesson or two a day then have time to do whatever I please. If you don't put in the effort, your going to hate it but if your willing to actually work, it's a great school!

idontl1
3/21/18

Please for the love of God do not send your child to this "school".
It is probably the worst online school you could possibly attend with no interaction with the teachers, a poor layout, and all around confusion.

natsum
3/17/18

If you're a busy parent, if your child is like me with a low attention span, or has had a troubled past. For the love of all things on this earth please do not enroll in this school.
I go to Indiana Connections, and it's an actual nightmare. My parent's thought it would be better, but it's so not. The kids in the electives are super passionate about things, which would normally be a good thing, but if you're slightly different than they are they will more than likely cast you out. It happened to me in my game class, the teacher asked everyone about social media, they all said no and I was the only person that said yes. They claimed it was "more trouble than it's worth and full of stupid drama" some of that, may be it true, doesn't always happen. None of them reply to anything I talk about anymore.
I feel full of stress, lessons only get 1 day completion time and it's hard to get them done. And I know some people are like "It's good they're pushing you" But no, it's really not. It causes me to be irritable, and mean. When I was in public school I was at least happier and more friendly, now my parents ask me to do something and I wish they'd leave me alone because I've got too much work to do.
Not to mention they expect parents to be shoved right up the kids A** all day 24/7. They call them "Learning coaches" But in reality, you put in attendance, and are supposed to keep your kid on track. Attendance has to be recorded every single day, and your child is expected to spend a regular school day's ammount of time on the site when in reality most lessons take much more than an hour to do if you want to do them the "right way".
There is little to no communication with other students outside of live lessons, even at public places they only talk to those who talk to them first. Which I completely understand they might have some sort of anxiety, I know I do, but even the ones who blatantly don't (I started a conversation, then asked) don't talk to anyone.
The lessons are overly-hard, too long, and the time limits on tests make me jittery and I can't remember what the answer is, so I resort to cheating sometimes because I can't look at the book and find time to get the answer right.
Main point: If you don't have time to watch your kid, don't want to see them stressed out and depressed worse than they were before, don't want them to fail cause they can't keep up, or any of the other things mentioned.
Please do your kid a favor, and leave the homeschooling to basically superheros.

rachelw129
3/15/18

We really like it. Yes it is a lot of work and parents do need to be actively involved with lessons, but theyre much further along than he was in traditional school. Its a temporary choice for us but its definitely one I feel good about. Am I tired? yes. Is my kid getting a good eduction? Absolutely.

kaitlins9
3/13/18

I have attended Connections for about 4 years now, and I will not be re-enrolling next year, as I have already talked to my parents about going back to regular public schooling. I have been enrolled here since 7th grade (I'm in 10th now), and it was the worst decision of my life. Just a warning for any parents who see the ads and think that it's "work at your own pace", IT IS NOT. If you're thinking of enrolling your child for their high school years here, just don't do it. The workload is absolutely insane, and no matter how hard I work, I always have overdue lessons. I'm not sure what their middle and elementary school programs are like, but just keep your child in public school if they're a high school student. There are so many cons of Connections, and I'm going to list them now.

- Not work at your own pace. 4-5 lessons per day, every day. I feel like I get no breaks and no free time for what I want to do. They say that their program is best if you want to do things outside of school such as volunteering or doing things in the arts because it's "flexible", but it is not at all. Take one day off, and you will fall behind.
- The portfolios are an insane amount of work, but they do offer alternatives if you don't want to write a long essay.
- Studying for tests is impossible. There is so much to write down and memorize in the lessons, and most of the time, I have to take answers from quizlet no matter how much I take notes because it is that difficult.
- Temporary zeros will take your Honor Roll and A+ student to an F student. If they don't complete their work in the time allotted (which is not very much time btw), they will stick a temporary zero on any lessons that aren't complete by then. This will cause so much stress and anxiety for your student, and I hate it. However, because it is temporary, they have until the end of the semester to make it up.
- Preparation for state tests/ACT's/exams ARE HORRID. Last semester (December of 2017), I was so confused and stressed out while preparing for end of semester exams. And don't even get me started on state testing, just opt your student out. It's not worth it.
- In my own experience, Connections Academy WILL NOT prepare your child for the future like they promise. If you want to see your child succeed and get into a good college/uni, DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD HERE. Their grades and GPA will be so ruined by this school that they'll have to settle for a GED and/or drop out.
- The social experience at this school is okay. Everyone at this school is very kind and they have lots of field trips for social opportunities, but I would say it isn't worth it. Again, one day off and you'll fall behind. Your child will be sitting at a computer all day working, and that's just not healthy.
- I'm someone who struggles without one-on-one help, and I thought this school would be perfect for that, but... boy, was I wrong. Teacher communication is not the best, and I feel as if I'm always looked down upon and belittled by my teachers.

The list goes on and on and on. Bottom line is, this school is horrible. It has completely thrown off my mental health and my schedule.

kt120
3/7/18

Connections Academy states that you aren't the teacher, but a "Learning Coach". A "Learning Coach" is someone that is supposed to keep the student on track, but not to teach them anything. They say the teachers and the online lessons do that. This is not entirely truthful. When your student has a question, they will come to you for help. Either because the online lesson is convoluted and doesn't actually cover the material asked in a quiz, or because they can't get real help from their so-called teacher.

There's also a designate called "Caretaker". This person (in your household) is the person that is supposedly taking care of the student's needs, such as doctor's appointments, driving to events, meals, etc. You guessed it, the "Caretaker" and "Learning Coach" are one in the same.

So, not only are you the "Learning Coach", but the "Caretaker" and much of the time the teacher.

Don't enroll your student if they struggle in any subject and need help frequently. YOU will be providing that help.

Connections Academy is fine for someone who decided they want to be a homeschooler and was needing some curriculum already planned out for them. The state testing and reporting is all taken care of, too. But don't expect to modify the lessons.

The stress caused by CA in our family has made us decide not to re-enroll our student next school year. But that hasn't stopped CA from asking us for a review. But they only want you to give them a 9 or a 10...if you don't think they deserve that, they tell you to contact the Executive Director. So, in other words, don't give an uncomplimentary, honest review. That's why I'm doing it here.

iliab6
2/26/18

My son attended connections in Colorado for almost two years, last year 10th grade and first semester this year for 11th grade, before he was withdrawn by the school. His first year doing online schooling wasn't too bad. It took him a little while to adjust to the change and the only issue we had at the beginning of the year was his assignments not going through when he was completing them. That happened only for the first month, but his homeroom teacher was helpful and once we communicated the problem to her, it was fixed and we didn't have anymore issues after that. What she did, I don't know. This year, a completely different story. My son would do the assignments and it would show complete on his end, but nothing was coming through on my end to mark as "complete". So lessons started to pile up and become overdue which would then put him in alarm status because it looked like he wasn't doing his work. I watched him complete a couple of assignments and sure enough, it showed submitted on his end but nothing was popping up on my end to mark as complete. I watched him do one assignment three times before it finally went through and allowed me to mark it complete. We tried to communicate this issue with his homeroom teacher, tech support and the assistant principle, but zero help. Of course the school accused him of not doing his work, skipping lessons and so forth. I received a VM from the assistant principle, called him back and had to leave him a VM, no response back. Lessons with attachments he would submit and the documents would come up blank. He had to submit a couple of documents to me a number of times before the document would finally come through. First semester this year was a nightmare for my son, because he had to do double work to get everything through so that he could pass! Meaning he was having to do the same assignments over again. Which he did, over winter break, and passed all of his finals. Now, if he really wasn't doing the work or putting an effort towards his assignments, do you really think he would have passed his finals? Probably NOT. Teachers do not respond to webmails in a timely manner, no communication what so ever and no faith in students. All my son got was, "your just not doing your work" when he would try to explain what was going on. He sent screen shots to prove he was doing the work, no response. What else can he do?! So now they have withdrawn him and now I am having to scramble and try and find another school so he doesn't fall behind. With this experience, my son wants to go back to a traditional school for his last year of HS. We tried the online thing because the schools in our area are crappy. Thanks for the horrible experience Connections, appreciate it!

lynnec51
2/21/18

There is very little help from the teachers. When my daughter fell behind due to illness, we were belittled, laughed at (by the principal), and made to feel very small and generally stupid. Instead of helping my daughter with the algebra 2, they dropped her, mid-semester, into consumer math. There was so much reading to do, and she is a slow reader. When she complained to a teacher about falling behind in the reading, she was told not to read the lessons any more. The teacher said that was what she did in college. When her computer died, she had to use an IPad, which does not allow access to everything. They have an assistance program which helps students who are in need. I was not told about this until a woman called me to re-enroll her. lt would have helped to get her a new laptop, but instead they chose to harass her about her attendance and her inability to get much schoolwork done on the tablet. I did not enroll her for a second time. It was a truly horrible experience and I would not recommend it for anyone.

sandyb82
2/19/18

Quite a few reviewers joined this school with the mistaken idea it was a do your own thing homeschool program. It's actually a public school with a highly rigorous curriculum. You are just doing it at home. If you have a student who does not have strong grade level skills this is the wrong school for you. If you as a parent want to be at work all day and just hope your child is completing work with little or no input from you this is the wrong school for you. The teachers are facilitators. You sign on to be your child's teacher. If you don't have the education or skills to do this this is not the school for you. Assignments come down the pike daily and it doesn't take long to get behind. To be successful at this school the student has to have a schedule, manage their time well, and be very self directed. They need to reach out for help and take advantage of live lessons and tutoring teachers offer. If they can't do that this is the wrong school for them. They belong in a regular classroom with teachers everyday. The school works if you belong in a specialty school. Otherwise, find something else.

consueloa1
2/14/18

when I had CALLED and spoken with a LIVE AGENT I specifically asked if this was a "home studies program and I was told NO. that My child would do INDEPENDANT STUIDES so I could continue to go to my FULL TIME JOB. AFTER enrolling her I was notified that this IS HOME STUDDIES and that I AM REQUIRED TO STAY HOME WITH HER. TOTALY false advertisement. I had to take her out of this program IMMEDIATELY

nickb148
2/13/18

When I joined this school I didn't have much experience with computers. This school makes you organise your school stuff in folders in your computer. That taught me how to locate all my school stuff easy. The down side is that they never really taught me how to type on a computer. I'll be a freshmen in highschool this year and I still don't know how to type. Thanks a lot connections academy.

clarencec25
1/26/18

I've been enrolled in Connections Academy for two years now and I'm hating it. Math has me literally GUESSING answers as there is no proper way to find out, there's constantly more than one correct answer on assignments, tests, quizzes and portfolios are always being pushed out. The false advertising is a huge part in this program, it is NOT work at your own pace. You get a lesson with a start and due date (mostly one or two days), don't finish them you get overdue and start falling behind. Lessons are just bundled with information forcing you take notes eating more of your little time to complete what you've been assigned. This school is not free at all, especially if you want to socialize as field trips are somewhat common but will cost you and can be quite hefty on your wallet. Shipping was quick, at least for me, but the headphones are garbage and the textbooks are also filled with information that'll eat your time up. I'm going to talk with my parents about going to a different school next year as this is causing way to much stress on me. Live lessons are also just lessons loaded with information forcing you to take notes otherwise you're wasting your time.

Overall, just don't bother with this school unless you want your child to be stressed out.

sc3911
1/21/18

There are many reviews on this website that explain in full detail why this school should not be able to do the things they do to their students. Every single bad review I have read is 100% truthful. Please parent, whatever you do, DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS TO THIS SCHOOL. I went through a lot in and outside of academics and the teachers/principles had absolutely no sympathy for me. They wouldnt even let me take my final for my second semester grade because I missed the time limit due to inadequate internet service. It pains me to even think about this time in my life and its been over a year now. I can never thank my mom enough for taking me out of this prison-like school.

iheartpenguinsp
1/17/18

The teachers in my state are extremley kind. (For highschool only) I have been enrolled for 2 years, and it has been quite frustrating a few times. You do have homework every school day. Which sucks, because you have to teach yourself everything the most, while the teachers teach about one thing each class. A good advice is to go to every live lesson you have as a class, you will know so much more if you do, and try to read ahead and work ahead so you can answer the questions in class very easily.

When you get your electronic, like laptop or computer, please cover the webcam with tape or any other. They record you and record what you say. Which ruins the amendments of privacy. Also, take the batteries off of the laptop or computer when you are completly done with it so they could no longer record. (Big brother is watching you)

You also don't get much exerscise, everyschoool day I start at 10:00AM to around 4PM more or less depending on my assignments. I get no exscersise when I have school days. I do get dizzy when I do get up to get a snack or socialize, because I sit for hours each school day. I'm the type of person who likes working ahead, and I know what to expect in a live lesson class, and basically know the answers the teachers will ask.

I work ahead,read the textbooks, and click on the links in the lessons and you basically have answers, teachers will ask.

Lol no.. there's no "your own pace". You have to follow their pace or else you'll have 100 lessons overdue with 3 weeks to complete them all.

By Ruby D.

do not put your child in this program i hate it i switched to connexus i could get more time in the gym and work out i used to spend five hours in the gym in normal school but now im only limited to one hour a day because i have so much work.the teachers never respond and its horrible they dont help me and when im at gym they call then i cant i pick up so they call my parents who are at work and will get in trouble if on there phones. i hate tis school and everyone in it and your kids will to so DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

By MAYA K.

That is a very good question Dee. We were drawn in with that promise as well. They use exampmes of child athletes and child actors (at least they did when we were going through their website looking for schooling options) as examples of how flexible their program is but we found it to be a very different experience.

By K J.

Attendance is more important to the school keeping it's Charter, than making sure a student is truly on track academically. The School has no communication skills, which is why it probably attracts lazy teachers.

By Gary T.

Maybe once a month. The student might get a phone call from his or her homeroom teacher on a monthly basis. Other than that, unless you or the student contact the teacher individually, then the interaction is done as a whole in the Live Lesson rooms. And so much outside stuff goes on during Live Lessons, the students do not get a lot out of them.

By Anon Y.

Sadly, yes, it now follows Common Core. It never did before, which was one of the reasons I loved it. Now they've adjusted the Elementary program to follow CCSS. Look into a different program if you disagree with CCSS.

By Anon Y.

They did not follow Common Core. However, this year has changed in the elementary schools and they now follow Common Core standards. They've also started using the assessments and tests as a prep for State testing.

By Anon Y.

In Middle School, each teacher usually has 2 Live Lessons a week. Math usually has Live Lessons all 5 days. In 6-8 grades students have a different teacher for each subject. Also, most teachers have appointment times that students can sign up for whenever they need extra one-on-one time. In Elementary school the Live Lessons are not as often as the parent agrees to the role of the Learning Coach and is there to help the student most of the time. I am not familiar with High School yet.

By Lea A.

Absolutely. Connections Academy is a public school, listed as a charter. Connections also offers all A-G courses that colleges look for from traditional brick and mortar schools. They also offer AP courses.

By Lea A.

I think it is a 60 percent.

By Georgetta v.
Questions? Get answers from the ConnectionsAcademy staff and other customers.

ConnectionsAcademy?