ConnectionsAcademy reviews

Baltimore, MD 21202
Tel: 800-382-6010

consueloa1
2/14/18

when I had CALLED and spoken with a LIVE AGENT I specifically asked if this was a "home studies program and I was told NO. that My child would do INDEPENDANT STUIDES so I could continue to go to my FULL TIME JOB. AFTER enrolling her I was notified that this IS HOME STUDDIES and that I AM REQUIRED TO STAY HOME WITH HER. TOTALY false advertisement. I had to take her out of this program IMMEDIATELY

nickb148
2/13/18

(in a students perspective) This is my first year at connections academy and it has been interesting the only good thing i like is that you can work ahead if you can. I say that because there is almost no time to do it because, they give you so much work to do in a little amount of time. Teachers also don't seem to help very much. Definitely not going back next year.

clarencec25
1/26/18

It's my second year in New Mexico Connections Academy and to be completely honest, I'm so glad they're losing the charter. "Work at your own pace" is such a lie, they bombard you with quizzes, tests and portfolios with only one or two days to complete it, three if you get REALLY lucky. Most of the teachers are garbage and don't care for making lessons that will actually help. As of writing this review I have 4 portfolios, 3 quizzes and the leap test in ONE week. This will stress you/your kid so much they'll want to join another school. Please do yourself a favor, don't make the same mistake I did and don't trust this school.

Thanks,
Current NMCA 7th Grader

Note:
Reference picture of my current classes - https://goo.gl/kz22e2

sc3911
1/21/18

There are many reviews on this website that explain in full detail why this school should not be able to do the things they do to their students. Every single bad review I have read is 100% truthful. Please parent, whatever you do, DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS TO THIS SCHOOL. I went through a lot in and outside of academics and the teachers/principles had absolutely no sympathy for me. They wouldnt even let me take my final for my second semester grade because I missed the time limit due to inadequate internet service. It pains me to even think about this time in my life and its been over a year now. I can never thank my mom enough for taking me out of this prison-like school.

iheartpenguinsp
1/17/18

The teachers in my state are extremley kind. (For highschool only) I have been enrolled for 2 years, and it has been quite frustrating a few times. You do have homework every school day. Which sucks, because you have to teach yourself everything the most, while the teachers teach about one thing each class. A good advice is to go to every live lesson you have as a class, you will know so much more if you do, and try to read ahead and work ahead so you can answer the questions in class very easily.

When you get your electronic, like laptop or computer, please cover the webcam with tape or any other. They record you and record what you say. Which ruins the amendments of privacy. Also, take the batteries off of the laptop or computer when you are completly done with it so they could no longer record. (Big brother is watching you)

You also don't get much exerscise, everyschoool day I start at 10:00AM to around 4PM more or less depending on my assignments. I get no exscersise when I have school days. I do get dizzy when I do get up to get a snack or socialize, because I sit for hours each school day. I'm the type of person who likes working ahead, and I know what to expect in a live lesson class, and basically know the answers the teachers will ask.

I work ahead,read the textbooks, and click on the links in the lessons and you basically have answers, teachers will ask.

nubias2
1/17/18

I am a learning coach for two students at Connections Academy in California. It is our 2nd year, and we are very pleased with the teachers, and courses. This year has been much better than last year. It TRULY IS HARD WORK! I believe hard work pays off in the end. I don't think it is good to be stressed, and believe me some days I feel like pulling my hair out..lol..That's when we put it on pause, go for Ice cream, maybe a fieldtrip, or do something else. We come back, and research, take notes, A LOT OF NOTES!!! Do the very best! The kids 4th and 5th grades now tell me, that they prefer this school over the regular brick and mortar school, because they are no longer bullied, and they have one on one time with me, and their wonderful teachers. I am learning right along with them. I'm very grateful for this school. The only problem for me is the fact that if they get stuck on one assigment, that they cannot do other assigments, and then go back to the one they were stuck on. The assigments do accumulate, and then, you have a bunch of overdue lessons. Sometimes communicating with teacher's can be very helpful! For example, there was a Science Portfolio that was overdue. We could not complete it, due to us needing potting soil, and the stores did not have any, due to it being out of season, never knew soil went out of season! Anyway, informed the teacher of our little problem, and she skipped the Portfolio! We were so grateful, and relieved, because the stress of having all these assigments pile up is not fun! I really hope that the school fixes this problem overall. Kids cannot grow and learn in a stressed out environment. I feel for all of the student's who are a bit older, and have not had a good learning experience. I will see how we do the rest of the year, but so far so good!

leaa19
1/16/18

I notice most of the reviews on this site are from students, so beware to take those for what they are. This school has top notch curriculum and an average of 20 lessons a week. It is not for children who are not motivated or think that independent study is easy. I have two children enrolled; one in 4th grade and one in 6th grade. The work is not unmanageable, but it does require time to complete it. Compared to the local brick and mortar curriculum, my children are learning more. The teachers have all been excellent and there are Live Lessons, clubs, and field trips for social interaction. The curriculum does include portfolios which take longer to complete as they are basically project-based learning assignments that allow the student to use the knowleadge they have gained in the unit by applying it to real world applications or projects. Overall, I highly recommend this school for its top-notch curriculum and as an alternative for those that the traditional brick and mortar is not working for. Both of my children like this school and the extras that come with it.

bobj161
1/12/18

They will either come messed up or the hardware is complete $#*! so your prob wont even be allowed to any school work without it crashing or just being a slow piece of $#*!

justineb20
1/7/18

Ruby D. is right! I have been a student here for 4 years and it is exhausting. It drains your energy, you have no time for anything so you end up trying to take a break and they end up piling lessons on so you are behind. It leaves you feeling worthless because you can not possibly teach yourself all of this rigorous material in the little time they give you. Specifically, the AP Biology teacher. She gives absolutely no reviews for her college level class. Extremely long reading guides and she grades poorly. She does not give you anything to work with. I have learned absolutely nothing from her class and I was excited for this class. She is unfair and has a condescending tone so it makes you not even want to go to her Live Lessons or talk to her at all. She needs to be replaced. Avoid this class like the plague unless you want your GPA to be ruined. This class is treacherous and a waste of tax payers' money. She is impossible to please. Every answer has something wrong with it (to her.) She questions where you get information from when it comes straight from her power points. She does not give you points and tells you to call her to discuss... for what? Thank God this is my final year. I hope they see this and take the time to make some necessary changes that benefit the students that come after me. Poor things.

rubyd20
1/5/18

Oh my god.. I'm finally out of this hell. I've been quietly suffering for 3 years because I didn't want to go back to my public school here. This school isn't "work at your own pace" because they just load these lessons one after another on your head until you're left with no option but to cheat your way out. All these reviews on here aren't fake because this is the reality of this $#*!ty school. I fell into depression and completely isolated myself from the outside world because I was busy at home completing these lessons! Guys please just sue this school already. I would not be surprised if a student ends up taking their life by stress because of this school. CONNECTIONS ACADEMY Y'ALL BETTER READ THIS. YOU GUYS SUCK! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! IT ISN'T WORK AT YOUR OWN PACE YOU LIARS! NOW I HAVE 100 LESSONS OVERDUE WITH ONLY FEW WEEKS TO COMPLETE THEM. I DON'T EVEN HAVE A LIFE ANYMORE THANKS TO YOU SNAKES.

chloef13
12/16/17

I have been going to this school for 3 years now, and I love it! The teachers are amazing! I was skeptical about going to this school, but I am so glad that I'm attending! Thank you ConnectionsAcademy!

kristiner11
12/16/17

We are in Indiana, and this is my daughter's 3rd year. She is a freshman this year and is still doing well. She can work at her own pace(though all work must be completed by the end of the semester), and everyone all years has been easy to talk to and get a hold of. It may not work for everyone, but it works for us.

gilbertn4
12/15/17

it's literally super easy to cheat lol

they claim to remove test answers from the web but you can literally get the semester final answer key for any classes by googling the first question word for word

buzm
12/12/17

My daughter has attended CA for 8th and into the ninth grade. She was doing okay with the Junior High class but going into high school she has really taken a turn for the worst. I am not a parent that thinks my kid can do no wrong, but in this case this school just plan sucks! my daughter was a strait A student going into this school and she is now leaving this school as an F student! This school will harass you regularly while they are up for their government funding but as soon as that all in they disappear...... No joke they won't return phone calls the administrative will LIE to you and promise they will do their JOB but won't do s***! This is the worst experience I have EVER had with any educational institution! They harassed me daily to wright them a review the first month of school so I wrote them a very nice one and thats the ONLY possible way ANYONE would write them a nice review! THEY SHOULD LOSS ALL FUNDING AND BE SHUT DOWN! Nothing but a BS scam!!!!!!!! This is a review for the Utah CA, I do not know if they are better in other states.

jillw57
12/7/17

I've been going to CA for 6 years and I would say it's probably one of the worst schools to sign up for.

I'm a competitive athlete so I require the necessary time and flexibility.
CA doesn't provide this whatsoever.

The amount of work that is presented is absurd. I have legitimately shown my two friends (I only have two friends, and they're both in my athletic career. I will get to why I don't have more friends later.) who are COLLEGE students and one of them had their eyes blown wide and mouth slack by the amount of work I was required to do. (The other was shocked, but her schedule is complicated due to the distance she must travel to actually get to school, so technically, her vote didn't really say much.)
I'm doing the bare minimum of 4 courses, 2 of those are AP. Now, it doesn't help that my parents are disappointed if I get an A and not an A+ (I'm not joking, I told my mother once that I got all A's and she told me to "try harder next time."), so this represents the pressure I am under to do well.
You should be aware that 3/4 of my courses have 2 assignments per lesson, and MOST of my assignments are essays/portfolios. They have back-to-back essays/projects/portfolios in a row with no stop in the AP courses. I've had people tell me that actual school isn't this hard.
Now, I leave my house at 6-7 to go train get back home around 1-3 or even as late as 4. Best and tbh most common scenario is that I'm home by 1. However, I am so exhausted by this point that I can't even focus.
But it doesn't matter, if I sit at my computer from 7am-10pm, chances are I will only have done 2 lessons that day.

Before I continue, I want to just list some things about the school directly that I've grown to despise:
They got rid of the option to email other students (okay, that may be a distraction but, I'll admit, this is the student's own fault, but this doesn't mean you should delete the option to communicate to other students entirely).
Live Lessons, which half of the ones you take are required, drag on for an HOUR... sure, the teacher will work through stuff you will see in your lessons, but it's a genuine complete waste of time.
"At your own pace" my ass. If you get behind in one subject by not doing a lesson, you cannot skip ahead to the next lesson (in the same subject). Do you see how this could be a problem? Especially you have 4-7 lessons everyday and they give you back-to-back essays for the entire semester? Nobody, absolutely no one has the tolerance for this.
There are so many errors. I've come across tests where 5-7/30 questions are incorrect. And I kid you not, there have been times where material you need to learn for an assessment in one lesson can be found in the next lesson or unit... like, seriously, WHAT IN THE ACTUAL ****? This has happened on more than one occasion.
There is so much information and things to do packed into each lesson that it's all convoluted and doesn't help in actually helping you accomplish the assessment by the end. The info given to you is taught poorly and almost useless in order for you to answer quizzes/tests.
CBA's - you HAVE TO call your teacher once during the semester so that they can quiz you and so that you receive credit for your grade. IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS, YOU WILL GET A 0... WHAT!!!!??? These CBAs (and I'm not lying) are the reason why I get panic attacks answering a phone call. I refuse to answer phone numbers I don't know, and whenever I'm speaking to someone (unless its my parents), I break out into a sweat and I start to shake. Pointless.
To be fair, I've been lucky in that a lot of the teachers are pretty cool, but some of them are awful... but you get that everywhere you go.

I'm going to be honest: It's gotten to the point where I am pressed for time and I'm pushed to forgo much of the lesson material, go straight to the assignment, need outside help for answers, and then go back if need be. I did an experiment, and 8/10 times the lesson material does not aid in the assignment. You have much better luck teaching yourself by just looking up all that crap on the internet.

This design has practically destroyed my self-esteem, my relationship with my mom, and my well-being during college because I'm learning absolutely nothing because of the curriculum.
I'm not academically smart, I struggle with math to an intensive degree, but I've been considered bright, but this school breaks all my knowledge on everything.

Please, do not go to CA.

Tip for consumers: It's insanely difficult and not worth your time. You don't get anything out of this.

professore
12/5/17

My daughter is new to Connections Academy this fall. It took until the beginning of DECEMBER for her to get her books in the mail !! The teachers are supposed to be available for students to ask questions, but they never are. Only one of her 6 teachers will even respond to emails, and sometimes it can take 3-4 days for a reply. We had to sign up for IXL.com so my daughter could learn the math lessons, since Connections does NOT TEACH her anything. The math teacher simply replies with "I cannot help you". How is that TEACHING??! We have notified the school that she will be dropping out of this terrible place at the end of December. I'll homeschool her. I would give Connections a ZERO if I could. IXL.com does a great job teaching math, I'll stick with that.

sc3774
12/5/17

This is the 3rd year that my daughter has attended CA. Her brick and mortar school only had a gifted class for her once a week and the rest of the week, she was completely bored. The teachers would have her tutor other students instead of challenging her. We had no other option but to grade skip and that would have put my tiny 9 year old in a middle school which I did not want. That wouldn't have been good socially for her. Now, she can work in gifted courses that challenge her and keep her interest. This was the perfect solution for her. She has never been this happy in school and says that she will never go back to brick and mortar public schools. It works for us and I don't understand all these negative reviews. My daughter works 5 hours a day on schoolwork and seems to keep up and get it all finished. However, she is a self motivated student and will just sit down and do the work that is required so that she may have the rest of the day for herself. If she has something to go to or plans with a friend,she will work ahead on schoolwork so that she can take a day off to spend with friends. So happy to have this for her and I wish they'd have had this when I was younger.

sugarkookiess
11/29/17

I am a student in Connections Academy and have been going there for about 5 years now since 4th grade. I am now a 8th grade student, last year I was starting to get really annoyed with this school, and now I am completely finished with it.

(Long "rant" ahead)

What is wrong with this school:

1. The "Keep at your pace policy"

This is an absolute LIE. Keep at your own pace is meaning, finish all these lessons that are packed with information in a few days to be free for a week if you have something planned. They expect you to finish every single course on a certain date, and expect you to be on a certain lesson at the end of the week. Which means you can either be behind or ahead. The teachers even give you temporary zeros. They are temporary which means once you complete an assessment it will replace it with the grade. But while those temporary zeros are standing, your grades are NOTHING. I, being a straight a student for the past few years and also in the honors society this is extremely stressful for me.

2. The excessive amount of work
The average requirement is to spend 6 or 5 hours on your work which is normal for a homeschooled kid. You wake up, at lets say 7:30 or 8:00 and begin to do your work. In about 5 or 6 hours it will be almost around noon or past it. Which is perfect because then you have a full day ahead of you. No, that is not the case here. They give you so much work, from all the work sheets you have to complete, notes you have to take, live lessons which was REQUIRED (if you are a 8th grade student Science is required but I shall talk about this later) They also give you study guides and other things you have to look at. Along with, you have an extra curriculum activity. I am in junior national honors society and am required to do volunteer work (Which I wont complain about. I love doing volunteer work) but, all in all, with the long lessons and so much stress put on the students shoulders. Realistically you get finished with school around 5 or even later.
3. Live Lessons
Live lessons can help, it helps you get in contact with them, but the teachers are also not very helpful. They grade your work for you but live lessons are stressful as well. They pack in so much information; you HAVE to take notes because it will be vital for the STAAR tests and the courses, in which they go too quickly. I cant even type fast enough in Microsoft word to catch the information. Much less write with my messy hand writing.
Science live lessons (8th grade)
The science live lessons this year are REQUIRED. Why? Because all the information the teachers give out you have to memorize for the STAAR test. This is a lot of information, meaning that the course itself is utterly useless for your success on the STAAR. This is a stressful time for me because, you have to memorize information that isnt even in the original course, and you have to pass the science STAAR test to go to 9th grade. Stressful? Yes very.
4. Parents
I am honestly not happy with my relationship with my parents. In this school learning coaches have to monitor mostly everything. My mother helps me and a lot of the time, we fight, she screams at me when I cant do something right in my school work, and believes I skip through the lessons. Which some work that seems unnecessary to me, I do. But back to what I was saying. I dont remember the last time I had a normal conversation with my parents that didnt involve the following:
1. School
2. Arguing about school
And then usually we just dont talk at all. I feel like when I was in public school our house hold was less stressful. Now it feels usually tense, and with more and more work piling up as I get to high school I dont think it will get any better.
5. Modifications
There are constant modifications in the courses which gets TIRING. The modifications sometimes drop an assignment or assessment but others give you just more work or even modify a project. Seeing as there are CONSTANT modifications in the course makes me wonder cant they just tweak the course? All these modifications everywhere are very stressful for me and other students to catch up with, because you can easily miss them as well. This means if you do, they dont even give you a grade on the work you did. They tell you to re-do it again with the modified project. Here is a story ~
Story time (8th grade art):
This happened just recently. I was doing a political statement portfolio (which I will talk about later) . I am ahead of my students due to the Houston ISD being flooded by Hurricane Harvey. (Which I will also discuss later) I started doing lessons early but I could not send any assessments because the year didnt start. During the October month I was doing a portfolio which I worked VERY hard on, with my drawing and the evaluation questions. I sent it and my teacher didnt even give me some credit for the work I did! I had to re-do the portfolio because there was no modification when I was doing the lesson. Complete waste of my time and hard effort.
6. Lessons
Now what I find annoying is that you cant complete a lesson that is before another lesson. Meaning if you are behind you cant complete other lessons assessment which is stressful when you have overdue lessons which pile up due to this. Now to the Hurricane Harvey situation, I understand that there was much damage for many people. But does that mean I cant do school when the date of opening was starting? Not at all, I had to wait 5 weeks to begin my classes, and systems werent even down. I started doing lessons but could not send assessments which usually left me very confused. I want to say that because of this. 2 day lessons with much information are turned into 1 day lessons and there are more modifications than usual. Students are required to finish things faster and it is harder to keep up. Instead they could allow you to even work, even if hurricane Harvey was in motion. The teachers can grade things later of course. I just felt that starting later is completely unnecessary.
7. Red alarm
There is an alarm, if you do not complete lessons for a while (Which my alarm turned red on Thanksgiving break. Like really?) Or the red alarm shows up if you do not have contact with your teachers for a while. Which means you have to call your teachers, work your butt off to finish lessons to get that red alarm out of the way.
8. Not understandable information
This is just a small problem I have experienced, such as in math, or educational technology. Some of the information, the sentence lay out, and the way they explain it does not understand. Or maybe its just me on this part. But I sometimes have to go online so they can give me clearer explanation.
9. Benchmark / LEAP
Please do not even start with me on this. They always give you two big tests, that I guess resemble the STAAR, or is a practice in a way. And it has about 50 to even more questions. They expect you to get it done, on top of all your other lessons which is stupid. Why does a online homeschool even have STAAR? It seems pointless since you are teaching at home anyways.
10. The set up / Unknowledgeable teachers
There are always glitches in the system, and that I cant open certain links in this certain browser. Or it slows down my computer which can potentially make me lose all my work. Or a answer that I marked all of a sudden moved and it give me a wrong answer. I recently have a big test in my science (8th grade class) and cannot open the book that is required for me to read. I webmail my teacher asking if she could send me the link and she comes back with I cant have any copy right violations if I send you the text, please call text support which means. She did not understand what I asked. I simply asked for the link to the text in the webmail because I could NOT access it, because the information is vital to this test. Without it I dont know any of the answers to the questions they are asking. Then they begin to discuss information about it in the live lessons. We discussed part one already but I have to wait till next week to complete the test because we are discussing part 2 of the information next week. THIS MEANS, I cannot complete any of my other science lessons and I will have many overdue.
11. Misleading Questions
I constantly get misleading questions. This is especially in my History course. The book, and lesson say one thing and the test says another thing is correct. How? I usually also get questions that WERENT even discussed in my lesson that day. For example my math course asked a question about compound interest when we only talked about simple interest.
12. Stupid and repeating courses
This is getting really long, so this will be my last topic. But I hate the educational technology course. They teach me grammar (?) yes grammar, when they are SUPPOSED to teach me how to use a computer and programs properly. They asked questions about topics that arent even related to the course itself. And when I speak and voice this to my teacher, they said we combine lessons no. I want to beg to differ because each subject is different. There is no combining lesson. That makes the student more confused.
Small rant about certain lessons:
(This only applies for 8th grade)
Science (8th grade)
I am done with this course is all I can say. Currently they have you go to each and EVERY single live lesson which is a hours day away. You must go because a lot of information is needed on the STAAR test and for the course. Which is not only stressful but completely stupid, if there are problems with the course that do not cover information that is needed for us to succeed this year in our exams which can either break us or make us. CHANGE THE COURSE INFORMATION. Be a actual school, think logically, team up with these science teachers who are giving all these stupid modifications and live lessons to go through the course and change things. Its a lot of work but in the end it will be easier for us ALL.
Educational Technology (8th grade)
Educational Technology like I spoke about previously is misleading. It always confuses me and the portfolios sometimes dont make sense but thats just me. But my teacher, is completely unknowledgeable. I voiced MY opinion about the crossing different subjects with lessons and he spoke back about the literature and ed tech lesson. Saying it was because they cross subjects over. Yet he couldnt even spell or have normal grammar in his webmail. And yet he was teaching educational technology. The lessons say another thing and the test says another.
History (8th grade)
Me and my father, who is a history geek, have had problems with the social studies course since 7th grade. We went back and forth with the teachers. The course was awful. It was so biased and tried to brain wash your children constantly. I cannot stand it. I am not even learning about normal history anymore. I want to learn about topics that arent biased.

This is the end of my rant and something to keep an insight on
Please dont go here
I hope to be able to find a normal Homeschool that is better
If you want your child to be at school 24/7 come and join so many others are Connexus

johnm1234
11/28/17

Man bro this school is complete garbage the work is garbage i hate it this is the worst year of my life and i just feel so lonely now a days and im sad. Dont sign ur kids up for this BS. If i could give 0 stars i would.

zackh25
11/27/17

this is so bad... literally you cannot work at your own pace and you HAVE TO FINISH an assignment and cannot skip this. all the teachers there are $#*! and they just give you so much information and you're eventually going to get stressed out. my 16 year old has changed so much because of this brainwashing website.

gladysf2
11/14/17

I have two children currently at NC Connections Academy. I have expressed concern with the overload of schoolwork and/or communications that seems to be new this year. My honors student is struggling to keep pace and the stress from the volume of information has me exploring other curriculum paths. I intend to keep my son in for the time being since he has some modifications due to special education and he needs to get a curriculum from another source (not me; otherwise we just argue about why he has to do it)... but for my 8th grade daughter I am ready to quit. The teachers assign so much work. They make up for not having a textbook in science by webmailing excessive information (her teacher LITERALLY sent 37 pages in multiple document attachments today in ONE webmail). I have emailed the principal three times but have heard nothing back. I dont know why the changes have taken place. My kids loved Connections last year. This year the stress level in our home to keep up with the work means we have one foot out the door.

ek206
11/14/17

Hello. I hope everyone is doing well on this cold, fall day. I am here to write a protest review for GACA. I do not want to offend anyone by saying that I am quite disappointed in this school as a 6th grader doing GT Math, Science, and ELA. This school has helped me learn immensely, and I am very thankful for that. I have 3 quite amazing and very nice teachers. However, what the ads say about "Work at Your Own Pace", is incorrect, and misleading.

I am behind, my only excuse for this is the work load. I read some reviews, and I totally agree with Taylor A. In my now 3rd year at GACA, I can confidently state that not including the USA TestPrep tests we are supposed to take, or the GA Milestones, I have completed a Unit Test with 30 total questions, 6 of which were long, and confusing essay questions. While I can say that I despise these essay questions, this, to me, was absolutely ridiculous! We are required to complete these kinds of long tests in 30-45 mins, and rarely 1 hr.

Now, writing this as a 6th grader, I think that it is really weird to expect us as students to complete multiple portfolios that are very long, and difficult in 2 days. This means, technically 2 hrs.

Granted, this is not a school for those who think that they can sit back and relax, and have the school work done for them, however, in looking at the bigger picture, I have noticed that the school work load just gets MUCH bigger and bigger every year. This school is for those who don't mind working on school work until 10:00 or 11:00 at night, on weekends, not being able to have some personal time, and doing school work on holidays. I don't want this to happen you, so please, for your own good, I advise for you NOT to enroll in this school. I have noticed that I have been becoming increasingly more stressed out about school, and my responsibilities.

So please, don't enroll in this school, and be able to have a wonderful, and stress-free day! :-) I do not want everyone to have to carry this overly-extensive work load! I understand that I cannot speak for everyone else when I say this, (The Review Guidelines are very helpful.) I do NOT suggest this school!

I want everyone to be stress-free, and have free time for anything you want! :-) Have a wonderful day!

abigailw11
11/12/17

I am 11 years old, and I do all 7th grade thigns, but the ads say ''Work ast your own pace''. Well, if you say that, why lie? 1st of all, way way way to stressful, I'm constantly taking So many notes, and each lesson takes too long. 2nd, they say ''work at your own pace'', but really what they mean is get 3 science and social studies lessons done a day along eith your other ones so that you get 60% done by November. Really? They want you to have 60% of the science course, along with the science one too! This is way too stressful for kids, DO NOT go here! ughhhhh

lupea4
11/9/17

But giving it till the end of the year. I think. Last year was better. Better curriculum, the books seem to be all over the place........,.....................

lanahm
11/7/17

I have been in this program for almost two years now and I absolutely hate it. It is incredibly stressful for me and I feel like they pile way too much work onto you at once. The program says it is flexible but to me, it is not at all. Unless you want to work all the way through the night to get all your work done to not worry about falling behind. I mean if you can do that. I have fallen behind twice in this program and I have been working my butt off trying to catch up as much as possible, and that is with me not having any dance or extracurricular activity after or during school. I would 100% not recommend this to anyone. I would not want you to go through all of this pain and suffering.

do not put your child in this program i hate it i switched to connexus i could get more time in the gym and work out i used to spend five hours in the gym in normal school but now im only limited to one hour a day because i have so much work.the teachers never respond and its horrible they dont help me and when im at gym they call then i cant i pick up so they call my parents who are at work and will get in trouble if on there phones. i hate tis school and everyone in it and your kids will to so DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

By MAYA K. [ConnectionsAcademy Rep]

Lol no.. there's no "your own pace". You have to follow their pace or else you'll have 100 lessons overdue with 3 weeks to complete them all.

By Ruby D. [ConnectionsAcademy Rep]

That is a very good question Dee. We were drawn in with that promise as well. They use exampmes of child athletes and child actors (at least they did when we were going through their website looking for schooling options) as examples of how flexible their program is but we found it to be a very different experience.

By K J. [ConnectionsAcademy Rep]

On track isn't for the grades, it's for attendance. If you're on track, you're logging enough attendance hours and you're "on track" to finish high school with the required hours. (900-990) If you start to log less hours, you get off "on track" and get on "alarm status", if you go beyond that and are absent for 2+ months for example you're accused of truancy and you're kicked out.

By Miss P. [ConnectionsAcademy Rep]

It is a public school, it must follow the same curriculum requirements as other public schools in the state. In our state, yes Common Core.

By Lea A. [ConnectionsAcademy Rep]

In Middle School, each teacher usually has 2 Live Lessons a week. Math usually has Live Lessons all 5 days. In 6-8 grades students have a different teacher for each subject. Also, most teachers have appointment times that students can sign up for whenever they need extra one-on-one time. In Elementary school the Live Lessons are not as often as the parent agrees to the role of the Learning Coach and is there to help the student most of the time. I am not familiar with High School yet.

By Lea A. [ConnectionsAcademy Rep]

Absolutely. Connections Academy is a public school, listed as a charter. Connections also offers all A-G courses that colleges look for from traditional brick and mortar schools. They also offer AP courses.

By Lea A. [ConnectionsAcademy Rep]

I think it is a 60 percent.

By Georgetta v. [ConnectionsAcademy Rep]

I have had a daughter switch from connections to bricks and mortar. As long as you are not switching mid semester, there shouldn't be a problem. In Indiana it is the same as switching any other public school. My daughter switched back to connections and had no problems then either.

By Mayme H. [ConnectionsAcademy Rep]

Yes. it might show up that you are behind but nothing to stress about. As long as you are done with everything by midnight of the last day of semester. just let your teachers know that you are going to be absent and you can mark it on the attendance

By Georgetta v. [ConnectionsAcademy Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the ConnectionsAcademy staff and other customers.

ConnectionsAcademy?