Review of Citi

Tel: +1.7182480307
domain.admin@citi.com

scottc379
1/10/19

I think I have read some reports about this fraud at https://www.whycall.me/347-722-7390.html. People with such problems with Citilink might find the information at that page useful.

karenw239
12/26/18

I discovered over a $3000.00 fraudulent purchase on my card. I notified Citi of the fraud and disputed it. Citi claimed to have sent a "letter" to me asking for more information. Within 7 days from the date of the supposed letter they claim to have sent, they denied my claim stating that I did not respond to them within the 7 days allowed. They never attempted to contact me via phone, email or text and the "letter" they claim to have mailed was never received. I consider this almost criminal on their part. Zero fraud protection for their customers!!!

ericl100
1/20/17

Given the widespread problems with stolen/hacked personal information, unwanted charges, phone scams, and supposedly "free" trials, here's how I pay for my online shopping.

CitiBank issues credit cards [go to: www.citi.com] with an optional feature they call VIRTUAL ACCOUNT NUMBERS. Plus, their website allows cardholders to sign up for account "notifications" to be sent via e-mail or as text messages.

After you login to your CitiBank online account you can create one or more brand new and unique 16-digit credit card account numbers, each with a specified maximum dollar limit (for example $50) and expiration date (for example 2- or 8-months from now). Each Virtual number is good for use by just one merchant.

When an online merchant asks for your credit card information, you simply provide the newly-created Virtual number, its expiration date, and (if requested) the 3-digit CVV/CVC number. When the merchant charges your Virtual Account, CitiBank's online data (and any notifications via e-mail or text message) will show that activity within about 10-seconds. (Fast!)

In my experience, the best parts of all this are:
-- I know immediately when my account is charged, and for how much.
-- If a hacker steals my Virtual Number, my primary credit card information is not at risk.
-- By setting a maximum dollar limit, I can avoid the "surprise" of unwanted recurring charges.
-- I can close my Virtual Account at any time. (Meanwhile, my primary account remains open and ready to issue new Virtual numbers.)

This has been working for me for a couple of years.

Questions? Get answers from the Citi staff and other customers.

Citi?