ChemistDirect

ChemistDirect has a consumer rating of 1.68 stars from 41 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. ChemistDirect also ranks 235th among Vitamins & Supplements sites. The most common issues with ChemistDirect are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Order placed on 30th September but products never received.
  • Never get my Order, customer service dont answer -
How would you rate ChemistDirect?

“Several purchases to date”

Wendy C.
3/15/17

All items recieved very very quickly and at great prices, no problems here! And will continue to purchase, in fact one order was a buy 1 get one free purchase but I only ordered one, I let them know and it was delivered wiith the original order

“Over-priced, unprofessional and unhelpful. Products often out of stock. V. Expensive shipping. Avoid”

George D.
5/13/20

Terrible web site. Unhelpful 'staff'. Absurdly high shipping charges. You won't always get what you ordered. Chronic pain does not go away..., hence the terrm 'chronic'. But these so-called medical professionals don't seem to understand that. They are as bad as street dealers - worse in in my opinion because they trade under the veneer of respectably. Avoid.

order (30) customer service (5)
georged255
May 13th, 2020
jimj415
May 22nd, 2020
I ordered some face masks... they are unusable. They are made of porous foam and actually stink
I complained but of course no reply
A reputable company would not market this Chinese junk.
If the system allowed me I would give them negative stars
grahaml65
June 16th, 2020
Ref Order No OR4713766

I only received Lloyds Cream x 2 of the order

Optrex Allergy Eye Drop x 1 and Oral B Pro-Expert x 2, did come with consignment.

The consignment come from Hermes on the 21 May 2020 in the morning.

I noted the consignment weight was 0.78 Kg it arrived only weighing 0.48 KG (which accounts for the Lloyds x 2)
They didn't believe me and would not compensate my loss. Therefore never to be trusted as a supplier
richk161
June 18th, 2020
WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME
Awful Service Order reference: OR4774279
I ordered 5 items but only received 2 overpriced + post cost 3.95!
This was the first time that I had used Chemist Direct and last time!
An 3 items was out of stock. They never offered to cancel the order.
Would be nice to know if an item is out of stock before paying for it.
Not happy with how this order was dealt with and service. As this was my first time purchase makes me doubt in future purchases
And reputation this will have for other people if they ask me.
peters1206
July 22nd, 2020
The items they sell are grossly overpriced and they do not appear to understand the difference between PoM (Prescription only), P (Pharmacy only) and GSL (General Sales List = Over the counter) medicines.
davidj908
September 18th, 2020
Too expensive and cumbersome to do the consultation. I just buy here without a prescription clvdeliverystore.com
geoffa7
April 16th, 2018
Website functionality terrible. In the end had to order over phone but their technology so poor the operator couldnt view what Id put in my basket online so it took 15m call g from abroad to order 6 items. Then she had to take address again over phone (another tech fail) and from the confirmation email I see the address has been garbled so little chance order will ever arrive. Customer Care dont reply to anything. Just dont use them!
leos72
January 11th, 2018
Order and paid for some items on 29th December it is now 11th January still not received them, sent 4 emails to them and, to date, not one acknowledgment. I will be taking the matter further using the CR act 2015. They advertise ''Live chat''on their website yet it is simply an email!, you ring the number advertised on their website and it is never answered. Customer service is the only thing that sets companies apart from each other, I doubt if chemist direct even have a customer service department... will never order or recommend anything from them in the future
michaelh217
February 17th, 2016
I cancelled a second shipment of joint care package by e mail which was ignored as I received an e mail saying it was to be shipped. I contacted by telephone to stop the shipment.
I was charged not once but 3 times the amount totalling £70.44,
After 3 weeks of phone calls and e mails I eventually go a refund of £46.96. With £23.48 still outstanding I wrote to the CEO, to date I have had no reply or refund.
hafizs1
May 18th, 2016
I am a hospital consultant and ordered a medicine with a private prescription to be posted to my practise address.The incompetent staff at chemist direst couldn't work it out. I had to call them one week after as i didn't receive any correspondence to be told that they could not post it to my address.
Disappointed and would never order through them again
sarahp147
October 13th, 2016
Shocking communication. No delivery. Non responsive. Refund requested repeatedly (still no response at this time)
Very poor. Avoid!
wenc10
October 10th, 2017
Received the parcel but notice that two items not included, checking with invoice, they cancel my items from my order without inform me, and charge delivery cost on my order, it was free delivery on my original order, not happy about it.
hansm28
May 30th, 2015
Their way to run business really sucks. I've also a customer in some German online pharmacies and the service and speed of shipping is 1st class, but this Chemist Direct online pharmacy is a shame to UK.

I haven't received my purchased items ( I placed the order in the beginning of April 2015, now it's 30th May, no items, no refund), and they agreed that the shipment has got lost in transit. They asked me if I want the re-ship the items or refund, I chose refund, they won't pay. Maybe the domestic clients in UK do receive their ordered goods, don't know, at least for any foreigners I recommend NOT to buy from them. They really suck, they are a scam company.

Tip for consumers: Beware! Especially if you plan to buy outside UK / overseas. You might well be left without the ordered goods and your money.

marieh80
November 1st, 2016
THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY, NO COMMUNICATION, CUSTOMER HELP LINE NEVER ANSWERED, PROMISE TO RETURN CALL WITHIN 4HRS. NO RESPONSE IN 4WEEKS+. (LAST PHONE CALL) RETURNED UNOPENED ITEM IN JULY, STILL NO REFUND AND AS STATED NO COMMUNICATION. DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO NEXT, WOULD RATHER GIVE MONEY AWAY, THAN BE ROBBED LIKE THIS. WOULD AWARD 0 STARS
elayner
October 25th, 2015
Completed a home testosterone blood test with them - fine. Completed it the following month and was given a completely different range my results should have fallen in to. Contacted the company as to which range (if any) was correct - was given the range for males (I am female - clearly marked on all my details sent to them). Explained this and told inquiry was forwarded and they would get back to me - no one did. When I followed it up wishing to make a complaint, again, no one got back to me. Would never use again and now doubt any of my tests were accurate - or certainly even if they were they are useless because of 2 different ranges for the same test and no verification after this as to whether 1 or any were correct. AVOID.
khadijab1
May 18th, 2015
Really bad company never will order again, so I brought my vitamin tablets for my medical requirements after I paid for it they then notices there was non in stock and said they would keep me updated weeks and months past and they kept aaying it's coming in on this date and then it wouldnt this went on for ages and ages. I feel so betrayed that a pharmaceutical company can do this to their customers. They should have been honest and then when I ask for a refund there is no reply what so ever the worst place to buy your tablets! They will take your money and then ignore you and not deliver your items!
jades12
March 4th, 2015
Ordered an item on Thursday to be delivered next day and paid for the privilege of Next day delivery... Item didn't arrive, called several times on the Friday to chase and they couldn't give me any concrete answers. I requested the order to be cancelled and was advised it was (thankfully I recorded the conversation.

Through sheer incompetence they sent the item and I received it the following Tuesday, even though I had requested cancellation on Friday.

Try to speak to their customer service and they will give you stinking attitude over their own mistake, not until I mentioned I had a call recording confirming cancellation of the order did they agree to send me a self-addressed envelop to send item back and get refunded.

Still waiting for the self addressed envelop, if I dont get it by the end of the week, I shall report them to Trading Standards, for breach as I had cancelled the order.

If you think of ordering anything with them, save yourself the hassle, they are a bunch of incompetent fools, from the "managers" to the customer service reps!

Tip for consumers: DONT USE!!!!!

bhavneetc
May 16th, 2014
I purchased something from chemistdirect.co.uk and paid online. I received the order confirmation email and that my order was on its way, but 12 days later nothing had arrived and I contacted their customer service asking (politely!) for an ETA on my purchase. Instead of replying to my email, they issued a refund without my consent. I'm based overseas and was charged extra fees due to foreign exchange rates and I did not want my order to be refunded. When I asked why they refunded without my consent, they replied after a further 2 days with a one line response about an incorrect shipping method. The shipping method was chosen automatically by their online payment system - you can't change this manually - and I was charged £20 for shipping anyway - the highest possible as I'm based overseas. They are refusing to reply to my emails. I've wasted over 2 weeks waiting for a product that never came and wasted money on a refund I didn't ask for. What HORRENDOUS customer service - avoid at all costs!
davidj86
June 17th, 2014
I bought a product and received it - no issue. I then reordered the same product as displayed on the website. When it came the paperwork was the same but the product was different. They didn't reply to my e-mail and when I phoned they were difficult and referred to small print arguing that they could send a different product from the one shown! Tell me about it! You buy a product because you want it and don't need a stroppy person telling you to accept an alternative because they've supplied the wrong item. DO NOT USE THEM!
gaynork
June 2nd, 2015
Be aware if you order from Chemist Direct. My order never arrived, and it took 9 phone calls and 10 week's to get my money back.
tiinar
November 7th, 2014
Chemist Direct is a scam and I ordered products to Finland 9 September, and they did not arrive, the second broadcast was on October 9th, and did not arrive and were asked to contact the 6 November, in order to clarify once again to send or return the money. I got a message again, that will have to wait until November 13, unless it is received and to explore or return the money to send back again. Have not been contacted and I will contact the police.
carold31
May 5th, 2015
They accept orders and take your money when the goods are out of stock. Then they tell you the goods will be delivered in a week and nothing happens, then another week passes and still no goods, and so it goes on.
kevink74
January 27th, 2016
Dreadful service. I ordered personal pills on a Friday and it said I would receive before 1pm Monday. I had delivery as a different address to billing address. On Saturday I looked online at my order and it had delivery as the same as billing address. I immediately sent an email asking for it to be corrected. The delivery did not come until Wed and it came to the billing address! On top of that the courier was talking to builders next door about the content! Disgraceful. I sent a furious email about the wrong address and what happened at the door and received a message saying sorry about the delay in postage, which I had not complained about! If you are cocerned about privacy DO NOT USE THIS INCOMPETENT COMPANY!
yo1962
November 5th, 2015
I tried ordering doublebase gel (20 of them) - this cream helps my spouse and I with very dry skin and ezcema. Note that this gel is not a prescription medication, just a regular over the counter product. On 3 separate occasions they said there was one issue or the other with my card even though my bank processed the charges all 3 times with no problem. Each time, they would say, "your card failed our autocheck system" - before they received my responses or enquiries, they cancelled the orders. So, I eventually tried calling and spoke to someone who said they mistakenly cancelled the orders on their end (note- mistakenly and yet they sent an email to say my card failed auto check). I sent them a couple of bank confirmation emails on my end to show the charges went through the bank fine. They said they could not reinstate the order that I'll have to put in the order again. I tried the last time and I think their site blocked my card. I eventually asked my spouse to make the order for me (making this the 4th time trying to make this one order). He did and he received a note that they needed him to call because they had some security questions. He called and they really didn't have any questions for him, that everything should be fine now. Before we knew what was happening (the day after), they sent an email to say they have cancelled the order but we should let them know why we are ordered so many of the same item. If they were sensible people, would you not think that they would wait to receive our response before cancelling an order? Keep in mind that the quantity he ordered were similar to what I had ordered but the issue of quantity never came up- I guess after running out of ideas they had to use that one. We live in the U.S. and the items are not readily available here, so instead of ordering 2 or 5 at a time, better order a year's supply, save on shipping costs and having to run out of the items right? No- they are not sensible enough and I guess they don't know what bulk buying is- they probably never been to Costco or Sams Club. Now I am thinking, maybe their website is actually a front. I'll have to keep an eye on my past and future credit card charges now as I am quite nervous something is seriously wrong with the people running this website. Beware of any 4 or 5-star reviews you see- I am almost 100% sure these are paid reviews.
tobiaso3
July 17th, 2015
Never get my Order, customer service dont answer - will publish some reviews now. Im really pissed. Scammed me about 40€
$#*!S!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER HERE!!! BADEST ONLINE PHARMACY I EVER MET!
STUPID $#*!S

Questions? Get answers from the ChemistDirect staff and other customers.

Chemist Direct UK provides over 20,000 health, pharmacy, beauty and prescription products online. Our range of products includes medicines, pharmacy products, prescription drugs, perfumes, supplements, electrical items and more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ChemistDirect?

Have a question about ChemistDirect?