ChemistDirect.co.uk

ChemistDirect.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1.78 stars from 36 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. ChemistDirect.co.uk also ranks 202nd among Vitamins & Supplements sites. The most common issues with ChemistDirect.co.uk are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Order placed on 30th September but products never received.
  • Never get my Order, customer service dont answer -
How would you rate ChemistDirect.co.uk?

“Several purchases to date”

Wendy C.
3/15/17

All items recieved very very quickly and at great prices, no problems here!! and will continue to purchase, in fact one order was a buy 1 get one free purchase but I only ordered one, I let them know and it was delivered wiith the original order

“1 is too generous, just DONT use them!”

Geoff A.
4/16/18

Website functionality terrible. In the end had to order over phone but their technology so poor the operator couldnt view what Id put in my basket online so it took 15m call g from abroad to order 6 items. Then she had to take address again over phone (another tech fail) and from the confirmation email I see the address has been garbled so little chance order will ever arrive. Customer Care dont reply to anything. Just dont use them!

order (26) customer service (5)
gemmaw6
August 13th, 2014
I have used this website to purchase and they are excellent and staff were so nice to me. You just can not beat this company. Well done chemist direct
nm36
November 6th, 2017
I made an order on the website on the 25th of October - the shipping time was supposed to be 9-10 days. I chose the method with tracking, and by today - the shipment haven't left UK (they are still processing it...). All of my attempts to get an answer from them about this shipment have failed. they also lies and said they we give me an answer by the end of last Friday. Today is Monday and no one answering to my mails.
Haven't encontared such a lausy service for a long time.
I will have to spend more money and order from a different website, hopfully I can get my money back from them via paypal.

amendment: changed my rating from 1 star to 3 - today I managed to contact them on facebook and got a full refund for my order. I hope, for their sake, that they will find a better International courier to work with
geoffa7
April 16th, 2018
semihg14
January 15th, 2019
Not a trusted shopping site
They are listing what what they haven't got.
I had to cancel my order after waiting about a week, no apologies received.
davidj908
November 5th, 2019
Too expensive and cumbersome to do the consultation. I just buy here without a prescription allpillstore24.com
leos72
January 11th, 2018
Order and paid for some items on 29th December it is now 11th January still not received them, sent 4 emails to them and, to date, not one acknowledgment. I will be taking the matter further using the CR act 2015. They advertise ''Live chat''on their website yet it is simply an email !!, you ring the number advertised on their website and it is never answered. Customer service is the only thing that sets companies apart from each other, I doubt if chemist direct even have a customer service department... will never order or recommend anything from them in the future
michaelh217
February 17th, 2016
I cancelled a second shipment of joint care package by e mail which was ignored as I received an e mail saying it was to be shipped. I contacted by telephone to stop the shipment.
I was charged not once but 3 times the amount totalling £70.44,
After 3 weeks of phone calls and e mails I eventually go a refund of £46.96. With £23.48 still outstanding I wrote to the CEO, to date I have had no reply or refund.
hafizs1
May 18th, 2016
i am a hospital consultant and ordered a medicine with a private prescription to be posted to my practise address.The incompetent staff at chemist direst couldn't work it out. I had to call them one week after as i didn't receive any correspondence to be told that they could not post it to my address.
Disappointed and would never order through them again
wendyc89
March 15th, 2017
johnj51
January 25th, 2012
Have been shopping here for over a year now and I am yet to find any complaints with this website. Fast, quick delivery and trustworthy. Best online chemist I have encountered so far.
sarahp147
October 13th, 2016
Shocking communication. No delivery. Non responsive. Refund requested repeatedly (still no response at this time)
Very poor. Avoid!!
vasom
May 8th, 2013
Good prices, fast delivery. Only quite a few items were out of stock.
wenc10
October 10th, 2017
Received the parcel but notice that two items not included, checking with invoice, they cancel my items from my order without inform me, and charge delivery cost on my order, it was free delivery on my original order, not happy about it.
simoneg5
November 17th, 2013
I friend recommended me to the site and I have to say I was very impressed. My order was fast and efficiently handled and I found the prices to be very competitive. I would definitely use again
hansm28
May 30th, 2015
Their way to run business really sucks. I've also a customer in some German online pharmacies and the service and speed of shipping is 1st class, but this Chemist Direct online pharmacy is a shame to UK.

I haven't received my purchased items ( I placed the order in the beginning of April 2015, now it's 30th May, no items, no refund), and they agreed that the shipment has got lost in transit. They asked me if I want the re-ship the items or refund, I chose refund, they won't pay. Maybe the domestic clients in UK do receive their ordered goods,don't know, at least for any foreigners I recommend NOT to buy from them. They really suck, they are a scam company.

Tip for consumers: Beware! Especially if you plan to buy outside UK / overseas. You might well be left without the ordered goods and your money.

graemew2
January 29th, 2012
Very easy to use website, quick delivery and excellent products. Some of the products at their site weren't even available at my local pharmacy store.
marieh80
November 1st, 2016
THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY, NO COMMUNICATION, CUSTOMER HELP LINE NEVER ANSWERED, PROMISE TO RETURN CALL WITHIN 4HRS. NO RESPONSE IN 4WEEKS+. (LAST PHONE CALL) RETURNED UNOPENED ITEM IN JULY, STILL NO REFUND AND AS STATED NO COMMUNICATION. DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO NEXT, WOULD RATHER GIVE MONEY AWAY, THAN BE ROBBED LIKE THIS. WOULD AWARD 0 STARS
francescao
August 23rd, 2011
I have really appreciated the fast delivery. Less than 10 days to ship here in Italy! I've just received my order made August 14. And the offers are good, the only bad thing are the shipping costs in proportion with the weight of the package..the more you would buy, the more you'll have to spend in shipping costs.
elayner
October 25th, 2015
Completed a home testosterone blood test with them - fine. Completed it the following month and was given a completely different range my results should have fallen in to. Contacted the company as to which range (if any) was correct - was given the range for males (I am female - clearly marked on all my details sent to them). Explained this and told inquiry was forwarded and they would get back to me - no one did. When I followed it up wishing to make a complaint, again, no one got back to me. Would never use again and now doubt any of my tests were accurate - or certainly even if they were they are useless because of 2 different ranges for the same test and no verification after this as to whether 1 or any were correct. AVOID.
khadijab1
May 18th, 2015
Really bad company never will order again, so I brought my vitamin tablets for my medical requirements after I paid for it they then notices there was non in stock and said they would keep me updated weeks and months past and they kept aaying it's coming in on this date and then it wouldnt this went on for ages and ages. I feel so betrayed that a pharmaceutical company can do this to their customers. They should have been honest and then when I ask for a refund there is no reply what so ever the worst place to buy your tablets! They will take your money and then ignore you and not deliver your items!!!
jades12
March 4th, 2015
Ordered an item on Thursday to be delivered next day and paid for the privilege of Next day delivery...Item didn't arrive, called several times on the Friday to chase and they couldn't give me any concrete answers. I requested the order to be cancelled and was advised it was (thankfully I recorded the conversation.

Through sheer incompetence they sent the item and I received it the following Tuesday, even though I had requested cancellation on Friday.

Try to speak to their customer service and they will give you stinking attitude over their own mistake, not until I mentioned I had a call recording confirming cancellation of the order did they agree to send me a self-addressed envelop to send item back and get refunded.

Still waiting for the self addressed envelop, if I dont get it by the end of the week, I shall report them to Trading Standards, for breach as I had cancelled the order..

If you think of ordering anything with them, save yourself the hassle, they are a bunch of incompetent fools, from the "managers" to the customer service reps!!!!!

Tip for consumers: DONT USE!!!!!

bhavneetc
May 16th, 2014
I purchased something from chemistdirect.co.uk and paid online. I received the order confirmation email and that my order was on its way, but 12 days later nothing had arrived and I contacted their customer service asking (politely!) for an ETA on my purchase. Instead of replying to my email, they issued a refund without my consent. I'm based overseas and was charged extra fees due to foreign exchange rates and I did not want my order to be refunded. When I asked why they refunded without my consent, they replied after a further 2 days with a one line response about an incorrect shipping method. The shipping method was chosen automatically by their online payment system - you can't change this manually - and I was charged £20 for shipping anyway - the highest possible as I'm based overseas. They are refusing to reply to my emails. I've wasted over 2 weeks waiting for a product that never came and wasted money on a refund I didn't ask for. What HORRENDOUS customer service - avoid at all costs!!
davidj86
June 17th, 2014
I bought a product and received it - no issue. I then reordered the same product as displayed on the website. When it came the paperwork was the same but the product was different. They didn't reply to my e-mail and when I phoned they were difficult and referred to small print arguing that they could send a different product from the one shown! Tell me about it! You buy a product because you want it and don't need a stroppy person telling you to accept an alternative because they've supplied the wrong item. DO NOT USE THEM!!
gaynork
June 2nd, 2015
Be aware if you order from Chemist Direct. My order never arrived, and it took 9 phone calls and 10 week's to get my money back.
tiinar
November 7th, 2014
Chemist Direct is a scam and I ordered products to Finland 9 September, and they did not arrive, the second broadcast was on October 9th, and did not arrive and were asked to contact the 6 November, in order to clarify once again to send or return the money. I got a message again, that will have to wait until November 13, unless it is received and to explore or return the money to send back again. Have not been contacted and I will contact the police.

Questions? Get answers from the ChemistDirect.co.uk staff and other customers.

Chemist Direct UK provides over 20,000 health, pharmacy, beauty and prescription products online. Our range of products includes medicines, pharmacy products, prescription drugs, perfumes, supplements, electrical items and more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ChemistDirect.co.uk?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.8
Have a question about ChemistDirect.co.uk?