Review of Cash4Calcs

Brooklyn, NY 11211, USA
contact@cash4calcs.com

elizabethr143
11/7/17

I've read a few negative reviews about this company so I wanted to provide my 2 cents. I submitted my product information, printed the pre-paid postage slip and mailed the items. I will admit, I got a little nervous after not hearing back within a week. So I sent an email and left a message. They responded the next day. They apologized (there were some issues with the post office and due to the most recent hurricane shipment was delayed), processed the order and deposited the $$ to my Paypal the next day. Just be PATIENT. They will take care of you.

margaretw93
10/6/17

You send the calculator and they don't send the money! When you call they don't pick up the phone so you leave a message and they don't call you back. When you send emails they don't respond. I sent my TI 84 PLUS and was supposed to receive 50 bucks within 24 hours and never rec'd it. IT IS A SCAM. STAY AWAY

davida365
8/3/17

I sent in 3 calculators that were TI-84 Plus almost 2 weeks ago. Today I called them and was able to change my payment method from check to PayPal and got payment within an hr. I was quoted $189 for all 3 brand new calculators and my payment was for the $189 I was quoted. PayPal is by far the best and quickest way to receive your payment. Will deal with again.

barbarat80
8/2/17

About Cash4Calcs: Beware!!! You will not receive what you expected to receive. I sent 5 calculators in excellent condition and received a quote of $185.00. However, I was sent a check for $86!! I called the customer service center and received a lot of blah-blah-blah about the condition of my calculators. I left a phone message for the manager of the company who also didn't make any effort or care enough to contact me. I failed to take photos of my calculators and advise you to take photos of your calculators ON BOTH SIDES (write down the identifying numbers of each calculator) if you decide to deal with this company. They are clearly not honest and don't care about their suppliers. I will personally never deal with them again!.

jasons295
7/13/17

I reporting them and they will scam you.. Please dont send anything or buy from THEM.Warning you will not recieve any thing from them..

chrisc365
7/8/17

i sent my calculator to these people, after i had estimated the price of my calculator in good condition warrenting an estimation of 45$ i got the payment in the mail by check right around 2 weeks after shipping my calculator so with the time the USPS takes it was pretty quick. when i got the payment it was only 16$, i contacted customer service who were friendly and explained to me why my calculator was appraised lower than i expected. i.e. mine had scratches on the screen i hadnt noticed. despite this we were able to work out a deal. they also showed good customer service and listened to my complaint and took the steps to fix it as well. they were kind and honest.

janaew
7/5/17

I was provided a free shipping label and the calculator went to them fine. Yes, it took a while for them to get to me and I'm not sure if they would have confirmed receiving it if I hadn't emailed them. I had to email two more times but I was paid after almost two weeks. Considering the number of calculators they probably get every day I understand. Considering they offered more money than their competitors and I did actually receive the money via Paypal, I can't complain.

sylvias38
6/15/17

I have contacted this company 3 times and finally received a reply that they just received my package. I know that's a lie because I placed a receipt notification with this package. I am now in the process of reporting this company to my local Attorney General's Office, FTC and Better Business Bureau. They can no longer continue business like this. I would have had more satisfaction just tossing my calculators then letting this company scam me. Order number 31821

melvinb45
6/5/17

My name is Melvin and I've been selling with this company for years and this is the best company. I have never had a bad experience with this company. trust me when I tell you I have been doing business with this company for years and never had no issues.

michealm26
6/1/17

This site gives you a free shipping label for you to send in calculators. I sent in my TI-84 plus last week and just got paid today. Their site says 24 hours, but I imagine thats for paypal payments (otherwise they'd have to overnight me a check, and that probably cost more than the calculator is worth). I don't mind waiting for a check to arrive, so I have no complaints. They pay more than anyone else.

zacharyl19
6/1/17

Long term customer here... I've been sending them calculators for YEARS and NEVER had a problem. Last time I called to ask about my check and asked Peter (te guy that answers when you call) about the reviews, and he said there are really only two or three good sites out there all competing for the same business, and other site owners are VERY competitive and leave us bad reviews all the time, and theres not much they can do about it because they're not real customers. He said they reach out to people who write reviews and half the time the names or emails don't match whos sending in calcs, they're not really people so they can't contact them. Maybe they don't wanna put their real names, maybe they're fake, or maybe they're real. i have no clue. All i know is that I've sent in calculatotors at least 6-7 times and always got paid.

jasone36
6/1/17

I sent them four calculators without reading any reviews, then saw the reviews and thought I had just lost $120, but then the paypal payment hit my account the next day for the exact amoutn I was quoted. I had a good experience - to anyone who didn't, did you try giving them a call? I called and asked about shipping before I sent anything in, but really to check if it was a scam, and they answered all my questions and seemed legit. So maybe I'm a rare case, but do give them a call if you have questions

Tip for consumers: I used paypal, maybe thats why I got paid so quickly

tdawggt
3/28/17

These guys are legit they mean true business they call back when there's an issue and they help out as much as I can I'm here to spread the good word about their business as they've been done completely bogus they told me their situation. We resolved good situation

lynnee6
1/28/17

I sent in my TI 84 plus silver calculator. I received a check in the mail which was suppose to be for $49 and was only for $44. I deposited into my account and it bounced. My bank said there account was closed. Do not sent in your calculators. Do not listen to positive review. They are a fraud.

javih
11/23/16

Im very happy to review first before sending in my calculator... Im sorry for all the people who got scammed... feel bad... i checked another website which is sellmycalculators.com im definetly gonna send my calculator to them just look up their reviews... be smart guys .

evej8
10/7/16

I sent in 2 TI 83 Plus calculators a month ago and still haven't received payment! I have called them 3 times and always get connected to voicemail. Nobody ever calls me back. I have emailed them 4 times, no response from any of them. I'm so mad at myself for not looking up reviews first and seeing that this has happened to several others. Hopefully I get my money someday.....not holding my breath...

danc111
9/12/16

Followed the process to send them my calc. Attempted 6 times via email and voice messages to find out status. 6 weeks after calc confirmed delivered still not payment and no response to queries. Definitely appear to be a scam so far.

Tip for consumers: Avoid at all costs.

hannahm36
5/5/16

The site is misleading as it says you will get payment within 24 hours, I think the main issue is the shipping method they use as it is hard to track. I did get the advertised price, but the whole process took almost 4 weeks.You will get a check mailed after the calculator is received by them, no communciation from the company and they are hard to reach.

emmag40
2/22/16

I had recently gotten a calculator in the mail. In the package, there was a flyer of the cash4calcs company. I didn't bother to look at reviews and sent in my 'really good' condition of the TI-Inspire 84 Plus. It was said to be at worth 43.00. I have been waiting 2 weeks for the payment in my Paypal,and still have not received anything. I've called many times. Can't be trusted... SCAM.

davidh296
11/29/15

They ripped me off on a Ebay sale. Returned calculators with missing parts for refund. I will report then

patf22
10/6/15

do not send your calculator to these people. Do your homework and read reviews and check with BBB. I didn't do this and sent my calculator in. Theyre supposed to pay you in 24 hours, after two weeks never heard anything from them. I called after checking my tracking (and they had received it 2 days after I sent, 2 weeks ago), and Peter said he'd look through the packages received that they were backed up. Found it and said his boss was only person could put in payment and said he'd put it on top their desk so it would be paid via paypal within 24 hours. 1 1/2 weeks later, still no payment. Call again, Peter looks up info and says he'll put in payment that day, but, my calculator had marker on back and corroded batteries so were only going pay me $15 instead of the $47 (based on good value per their website). I informed him that I had valued it based on website and those items he mentioned were indeed part of the "good" value. He said yes that those things still gave it a "good" value, but that they said it has a minor scratch on the screen (that I probably didn't even see, was so minor). He then said he'd put the reduced $15.00 payment thru on my paypal immediately. No Payment yet. Two days later. Some reviews I've found, say they don't pay or pay very little, then resell them on their site titled sellcalculators.com. for a nice profit. I know my calculator did not have a scratch, but when I asked Peter if he hadmy calculator in his possession (I was going to ask for a quick pic) he said no he did not.

ja16346
5/2/15

I had my graphing calculator to sell and this company seemed liked a viable option. I did some research, and reviews for the site seemed to be hit or miss. I took a chance and definitely lost on this one. I made phone calls and a number of emails and I was never sent any compensation for my calculator after I had sent it in. I spoke with a few different people and there always seemed to be some confusion about my case and I had to explain my situation several times. Ultimately I realized that I was never going to be paid so the best thing I could do would be to warn others.

In today's virtual marketplace there are several avenues for selling used goods. I would highly recommend not using Cash4Calcs. They ripped me off and a cursory search of their review listings will show that this has happened to others.

You've been warned!

hassaans
4/2/15

I used Cash4calcs.com and sent in my ti-83 plus calc. The day after i sent it in i decided to browse other websites and saw that Cash4Calcs ratings werent that good but they did leave a customer service number so i called. Every single time i called they answered over one stupid calculator and Peter was helpful. Sent in my stuff in the mailbox on March the 15th and got payment by the 31st. NICE DOING BUSINESS BUT A BIT SLOW

PS) I SHOULD POINT OUT THAT I GOT 6 bucks less than expected so yea lol they mite grade your calculator in good condition when you think its in mint so yea

mp54
12/29/14

aargh! I used this site several times in the past as they gave the best buy back price. Granted, the delay in payment is pretty bad (usually took about a month) but I always did receive payment for the grade I put on them. Also, they take TI-82s when no one else will give you jack. However, this last episode was pretty bad. I sent in two TI-83s in good condition and he graded them as poor and gave me about 1/2 of what I thought was fair. I would certainly recommend other sites if you can find a compareable price.

lizzies2
9/23/14

Crazy me read some reviews but decided to send in my calculator anyway, its been sitting around for the past few years so I had nothing to lose... Not expecting much I received a check two weeks later and it was for the FULL amount - about $48. Good site.

I do not believe that Justin's comments are true. Justin pays about 50% or less of what he quotes. The bad reviews are from people who have been scammed by this company that pays far less than the fair value of your calculators. Do not do business with this company. Please donate your calculator(s) to a worthy cause before receiving peanuts from a scamming company.

By Barbara T.

Please call us a 800-516-1727 or email contact@cash4calcs.com and let us know your 5-digit Buyback ID number so we can look up your order. Cash4Calcs, like other calculator/textbook buyback sites, utilizes a USPS service called Merchandise Return Service for incoming buybacks. It works by providing unlimited free shipping labels for customers to use to send in their goods - when you mail a package using one of our free USPS Merchandise Return shipping labels, the package does NOT go to our office - instead, it goes to our local post office. Its our local post office who is responsible for weighing each package, calculating postage, and debiting the postage amount from our account. Once this is done at our local post office, we go and pick up our mail and bring it to our office for processing. Because our local post office has to process our mail separately, sometimes if they're backed up, it gets delayed (we've had them hold onto our mail for as long as 1-2 weeks during peak seasons). When we actually receive it, we strive to process everything and send out payments within 24 hours. I HIGHLY recommend choosing "PayPal" as your payment method - its a free, instantaneous payment, vs. having to wait for a check to arrive in the mail, and then of course waiting for the check to clear your account.

By Justin S.
Questions? Get answers from the Cash4Calcs staff and other customers.

Cash4Calcs?