Review of CanvasDiscount

info@canvasdiscount.com

21 reviews with 2 stars

toddp104
6/8/19

You get what you pay for. Thankfully I got it at 1/2 price or I'd return it. Cheap metal frame that came with 2 of the corners separating. Photo quality was dull. Metal frame has no means for hanging. You cannot hang this right out of the box. I would not recommend using this site.

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
Dear Todd,
Thank you for your message. We don't have any of your contact data, so please write a short e-mail to complaint@canvasdiscount.com. Please note your order number in the e-mail. We are sure we can find a satisfactory solution together. Your CanvasDiscount-Team
lidijaf
10/29/18

This was the largest canvas print I could find online. Of course, I thought for such a ridiculously low price it would be worth a try. Shipping was efficient and the print was very securely wrapped. However, the canvas is paper thin and the wooden frame imprints on the front of the canvas. I would not use this lab again. Any money spent on such a low quality product is wasted.

mohammeda242
7/15/18

Their aluminum prints are pretty low quality. It's just regular photo paper on an aluminum sheet, and doesn't look metallic like I expected. One photo arrived scratched, another huge enlargement had paint splotches and the third was printed vertically instead of horizontally.
To top it all off, they make you attached the metal hooking device yourself without any guidelines. Please stay away from these guys.

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
Dear Mohammed,
thank you for your honest review. We would like to help you solve your problem. Unfortunately we don't have any of your contact data. Please write a short message with your Order number to satisfied@canvasdiscount.com Our experts will immediately take care of your request. We're looking forward for your reply, your Canvasdiscount-Team
barbarac410
7/3/18

you don't get what you pay for, you can get the same price with a much better result by using their competitor. canvas material is like a thin polyester, not "canvas" at all and when mounted on their wood framing the imprint of the wood framing is as if it was ironed on to the material, leaves an imprint....stretching the print is sub par by them...usually has fold and waves in the finished piece and the framing is skewed as well....I have bought many from this company as they were cheap and had to work at fixing the pieces....but now that I have found CanvasChamp...bye bye canvasdiscount and bestcanvas...one in the same. I have been communicating about replacement...they will replace with evidence of a destroyed canvas after I have PAID THE PRINT WORK AND backing /hanging hardware for it...wanted to donate to goodwill, want me to donate or destroy PRIOR to getting replacement with no idea if the replacement will be any better....their return/replacement practice is sub standard. They have received the evidence of the poor workmanship via photos in email to them. This is a German owned company, not American and have horrible customer service communication, can not get through to them via phone lines....must email and wait for them to respond....sub standard biz practices in my opinion. I am an Artist.

Tip for consumers: you get less than what you pay for...colors are good, but poor quality workmanship, wood backings are cheap and often skewed so piece will not hang properly and material shows imprint of frame backing on print side....cheaply put together.

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
Dear Barbara,
thank you for your honest review. We would like to help you solve your problem. Unfortunately we don't have any of your contact data. Please write a short message with your Order number to satisfied@canvasdiscount.com. Our experts will immediately take care of your request. We're looking forward for your reply, your Canvasdiscount-Team
karenb398
6/17/18

I just ordered from this site and am waiting for my order and will review what I think of the result but after I ordered I've received about 5 emails as spam, some about photos that I've had to unsubscribe to. Not happy with that but hopefully I'll be happy with the picture I ordered, and it'll come in a timely manner.

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
Dear Karen ,
petern63
6/6/18

Im learning these discount canvas business are just that. You get what you pay for although sometimes its good sometimes not. Get ready to roll the dice. Ive ordered about eight different canvases. Some are great and others have various issues. The latest had a case of the saggy canvas wrap. Others were possibly installed by someone who could benefit from bifocal glasses. It takes them about a day to respond and then they want you to send a photo of the canvas using a sharp object on the face of it to prove you ruined it. I guess for those who want to pull a fast one on them. Recently, I sent a canvas to a family member. They had to send three of them until they got it right. I just received one but instead of destroying it, I just took it apart and restretched it myself. I wont be ordering from them unless Im feeling lucky and can wait for a replacement.
UPDATE: So I had a initial contact from the person responding to this review but its been nothing but the sound of crickets since. Still waiting for them to follow up on their promise of a non hassle replacement canvas........

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
Dear Peter,
jime96
9/27/17

Their 1-844-621-2781 Customer service automated wait message hung up twice after 6 minutes 48 seconds per call. On the third call, a live Customer Service person answered by accepting the order number and advised me to email issue with photos showing damaged products received. I had already emailed the previous day. They found my previous email and said they would ship replacement and email its tracking number. In terms of product, the lightweight frames with mat and photo were fine on first order but cracked on frames in second order. The canvas print of first order was not a crisp as the framed version (perhaps that's normal).

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
Dear Jim,
thank you for your message. We don't have any of your contact data, so please write a short e-mail to satisfied@canvasdiscount.com Please note your order number in the e-mail. We are sure we can find a satisfactory solution together. Your Canvasdiscount-Team
julieg140
7/6/17

We love your service but had the misfortune of getting a wrong print before an art show. The trim was off. We had to go to a local service and pay more to have it redone. Please be careful with customers' work -- sometimes it's not just for hanging at home. Otherwise, you guys are usually great.

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
Dear Julie,
matthewc86
2/19/17

paid $200 for two blankets, that pictures were dark and bad, and the replacements were worse. Going to cancel my two remaining codes, and get money back, or call my credit card company to stop payment of them.

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
Dear Matthew,
thank you for your message. We don't have any of your contact data, so please write a short e-mail to satisfied@canvasdiscount.com Please note your order number in the e-mail. We are sure we can find a satisfactory solution together. Your canvasdiscount-Team
jeanneh21
2/18/17

This was a gift for my grandson who actually picked it out! Thought it would be bigger. Will read the small print from now on. We just thought it was poster size.

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
Dear Jeanne,
thank you for your honest review. We would like to help you solve your problem. Unfortunately we don't have any of your contact data. Please write a short message with your Order number to satisfied@canvasdiscount.com Our experts will immediately take care of your request. We're looking forward for your reply, your canvasdiscount-Team
nickiem3
1/25/17

My last canvas order was perfect but this canvas purchase was a disappointment because my granddaughters head was folded and stapled down.

kimm236
1/23/17

I paid for my print to include a hanger...only received the print. Although the print itself turnes out nice, would have been nice to receive all that I had paid for

eggyl
12/19/16

My canvas came out smaller than I would like. And it was the largest size I can get. Delivery was fast and. It was. What I wanted but definitely the wrong size

donnag69
8/11/16

Ordered several canvases on a Monday evening. The order shipped out on Tuesday, and received on Thursday of the same week. Impressive! Very pleased with all canvases and prices. Used a coupon for further discount. Only concern is that the day after ordering the prices did go down. Anxious to see if they honor the 110% price match on their own prices. Haven't received a response yet from the e-mail I sent two days ago regarding price reduction. Followup: After a week, I still have not received a response to my two e-mails. Tried phoning twice, and got an answering machine, which cut me off on the third announcement that "a representative will be with you shortly".

UPDATE: I got no response from this company until one month later. Today I received a note from "Philip" of Customer Service, via SiteJabber, asking if I used the correct e-mail for correspondence. Seriously?

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
Hi Donna,
We are truly sorry about that. Please make sure you are emailing info@canvasdiscount.com.

erich292
1/13/16

I ordered two large canvases just before Christmas in '15. They arrived perfectly. Upon opening, I found the quality to be low and faded (much worse than those that I see as examples at my local Walmart). I should have read these reviews first--this seems to be a common thread here: That you get what you pay for. UPDATED NOTE: After posting here, I was contacted by their Customer Service and sent new versions (very proactive and helpful service!!!)....

jenniferh136
12/15/15

Shipping was fast- deal was amazing.. But the color quality is lacking. Having been the one who took the photos and edited them, I had in my mind what the canvas would look like. Instead, I opened a 30x20 canvas that looked dull and faded. Thinking maybe it was just the large canvas, I opened the 8x8 and 8x12 canvases to find that they looked the same way. For about $65 for all.. I guess I got what I paid for. I'm glad I didn't order all of the canvases from here and decided to just do a couple to see the quality. If you need something cheap & fast- they are your go to. But if you are looking for pretty colors and cleanly wrapped canvases.. I'd look elsewhere.

leslieg29
11/24/15

The faces in the pictures were not placed in the center as it should be. One face was almost completely cut off. These pictures were the only pictures of a loved one that has recently passed away. Very disappointed that I wasted my money on pictures I will never hang up.

markh146
3/19/15

I've used a number of different canvas companies and they've all been about the same as far as quality and prices goes...that is until I ordered from CanvasDiscount.com. I've ordered from them a couple of times so I can say I've also given them 2 tries. The very first difference I noticed is the terrible, low quality material they print on. There's a reason they're so cheap and they're cutting corners with cheap cheap cheap material. Secondly, a canvas is suppose to be stretched however when I received my second canvas it was hardly stretched. For that reason I called customer service was put on hold for about 8 min and then disconnected. I tried calling a second time and the exact same thing happened. Let me say if you're into low quality, poor customer service then this is your place, however if you prefer a better value for your money and friendly service please look elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: Learn from my problem with this company and pass on their service. You can thank me later.

tobiasr8
8/13/13

My first order from canvas discount was pleasant. So I decided I would order from them again with a larger order of seven prints of various sizes. Unfortunately I was out of town when my prints arrived, so when I was able to view them, I was two days pasted their return policy. Four of my canvas prints had white pixels that rendered the image useless. Four of the canvases were mounted incorrectly also making them useless, and one of them the smallest was nicely done. I called them in hopes to correct this order and was asked to email photos of my prints. I shortly received an email stating that I fell short ( by two days ) of their return policy. Lucky for them! and a waste of my time. They had the opportunity to stand behind their product and service and chose not to. I will take my business elsewhere and I suggest you save yourself the time and money and do the same. I am now a true believer in " you get what you pay for" good luck.
Tobias Remmem

phyllish2
3/24/12

Though I received my order on time, I was shocked to find out it doesn't come preframed. What they do is send you 4 pre-cut cheap Pine Stretcher bars with instructions on how to frame it yourself. The stretcher bars were slightly warped and trying to stretch, stapler, etc. alone is difficult. Had I known this I would never have used this company. I love my picture but now will have to take it to an art shop to have it restretched onto better materials. I could no place in their site that indicates this is a do-it-yourself project. Very disappointed. Phyllis/Oregon

kl28
11/6/11

It is not clear on the website that canvas comes rolled. You have to put together the frame and stretch the canvas yourself. Frame was very poor. We ordered 1.5", so was 2 .75" stapled together-very badly. Frame started to chip as we used rubber mallet to assemble. Stretching canvas and lining up was difficult with the stretch border. Had to be exact. Colors in print weren't exactly what I expected. Was not worth paying return shipping and getting partial refund. It will go in a guest room instead of place over fireplace, I guess...

Dear Jess, thank you for your message. In this case we advise to direct this question to our customer support by emailing us at info@canvasdiscount.com Our associates will answer your questions and requests as soon as possible!

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

at the top right of the REVIEWS page is an orange box that reads EDIT REVIEW. Click on that.

By Myra W.

Dear Marci M! We thank you for your message. Every size requires minimum image resolution in pixels and dots per inch (DPI). For specific requirements we invite you to check our prices and formats page, as well as our FAQ page. The image itself is recommended to be in high resolution (colors, no lines visible, no marks, etc.), otherwise everything mentioned will be visible on the print. After uploading the image on our website, please use the preview tool. The tool shows exactly how the final print will look like. The prints come already wrapped around the frame, you do not need to wrap the print yourself. Earlier the prints did not had this option.

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

Good luck! They have the WORST customer service I have ever experienced! When they do finally email back, they aren't even the slightest bit helpful!

By Andrea S.

click on this link youlle get a site that checks the Quality of the photo: https://posterprintshop.com/file-quality-check/

By Moses S.

Dear Robert, thank you for your message. In this case we advise to direct this question to our customer support by emailing us at info@canvasdiscount.com Our associates will answer your questions and requests as soon as possible!

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

Hello, I am truly sorry for the inconvenience. have you tried to resize the image it might be just a bit too large. usually our website will give you a pop up stating that the image is too big. Also try on a different browser that too helps. Thanks

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

I tracked my order from the confirmation email or the order has shipped email.

By Ronna D.

Dear Briana C! Thank you for posting your question. When goods are not satisfactory for the reason the customer is eligible for free replacement print (prints) or full refund. Please check the terms on canvasdiscount.com website

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

Questions? Get answers from the CanvasDiscount staff and other customers.

CanvasDiscount?