Review of CanvasDiscount

info@canvasdiscount.com

141 reviews with 1 star

normag18
3/12/19

I submitted an electronic order of canvases on Sunday afternoon and the CanvasDiscount website duplicated my $75 order. I emailed them as soon as I received the second confirmation email. They responded on Monday saying they couldn't stop production and gave me the shipping info.

I sent a second email asking for my $75 refund and they sent me the following email.

We would like to offer you a refund however, to avoid further shipping costs for you and for us, and also to stay environmentally friendly, there is no need to send the package back to us.
Instead, we kindly ask you to take a sharp object and to make a cut through the canvas, blanket or other photo gift product. You can also make the cut away from any people or faces instead of directly through the middle of the product.
If you cannot make a cut through your item (such as with a mug or phone case), please destroy it in any other form like using a permanent marker to scribble on the item (enough to deem it unusable) or scratch the surface with a sharp object.
So that we can validate the refund, please take a picture of the destroyed item and send it to us, as an email attachment.
Once you do this, we will be able to process your refund.
Do not dispose of the product until we confirm that your refund has been processed.

I refuse to destroy pictures of my granddaughter, family and friends. I am appalled that a company wouldn't take responsibility for duplicate orders their website created. They should be thankful that I'm a great repeat customer and should want to preserve customer goodwill. I see other complaints about unauthorized duplicate orders and this is the type of bad customer service they take pride in.

I will be sure to share my bad experience with my family and friends and that's too bad because I've always been very happy with their product!

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
Dear Norma,
Thank you for your honest review. We would like to help you solve your problem. Unfortunately we don't have any of your contact data. Please write a short message with your Order number to complaint@canvasdiscount.com. Our experts will immediately take care of your request. We're looking forward for your reply, your CanvasDiscount-Team"
richardv166
2/2/19

Do not spend your money on them. They do absolutely lousy work. I wanted just our picture on canvas and they sent me the picture with their whole advertisement on it.

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
"Dear Richard,
thank you for your honest review. We would like to help you solve your problem. Unfortunately we don't have any of your contact data. Please write a short message with your Order number to complaint@canvasdiscount.com Our experts will immediately take care of your request. We're looking forward for your reply, your CanvasDiscount-Team"
andreas554
1/18/19

If I could leave a 0 star review, I would! This was my first (and last) time using this company for my photography business. I wanted to surprise my best friend for Christmas by having a secret photo shoot with her twin daughters, having a beautiful framed print made, and handing it to her on Christmas Day. Normally, I would have used my regular company, however my print would not have arrived before Christmas. I found canvasdiscount.com and right there on their site, it said "guaranteed delivery before Christmas". It was two weeks before Christmas, so that was perfect! It wasn't until after I ordered and received my shipping notice that it said my print would arrive January 4th. Of course I was annoyed, but what can you do? January 7th, my print arrives. Luckily, I opened it myself rather than just handing it over to my friend because the frame was broken! The packaging was not damaged even the slightest, so this had to have happened while they were packaging it! I had to turn around and buy a new frame for it! I emailed the company and sent them pictures of the damaged frame and asked for a refund. When they eventually got around to emailing me back, they told me in order to receive a refund, I didn't need to send my "canvas print" back, but instead, "take a sharp object and cut through the canvas" then take pics of the destroyed print and email them proof it had been destroyed. I emailed them back explaining that I didn't order a canvas print, it was a framed print, which the print itself was ok, but the frame was broken! I told them again to look at the pictures I had sent. Days later, I get another email with no apology for the damaged product, or any kind of acknowledgement regarding my message in any way, but instead, a measly coupon code to use on my next purchase! Out of curiosity, I checked to see what my coupon discount would be.....$12! My framed print I had purchased was $50! I will NEVER do business with this company ever again!! Horrible customer service and extremely disappointing products!!

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
"Dear Andrea S,
thank you for your message. We don't have any of your contact data, so please write a short e-mail to complaint@canvasdiscount.com. Please note your order number in the e-mail. We are sure we can find a satisfactory solution together. Your CanvasDiscount-Team"
theresaa69
1/17/19

First let me say I received no notice that they actually got my order. No email confirmation, nothing. I emailed them on the 8th, and just got an email back yesterday (1/16/19) saying oh, your order was delivered. I did get my canvas and it is absolutely horrible! I am not going to go through the aggravation of returning it, as I have to get an actual photo to send it in. That's a 30 mile drive for me. Not worth the trouble. Will NEVER order from them again. Lousy customer service and horrible product.

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
"Dear Theresa A,
gilliank12
1/10/19

I ordered a pillow for a friend whose dog passed away. This was to be a christmas gift, but of course like the other reviewers state, it did not come until January. The item I got is laughable- I cannot even believe someone sent this out for shipping! The font on the pillow has a large gray rectangle around it. Ridiculous. I have called and emailed every. single. day. and there is just no response... ever. THIS COMPANY IS A MAJOR SCAM!!!

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
"Dear Gillian,
lexied6
1/8/19

I bought my mother a blanket with her cats face on it. I ordered it the 12th of December, and I still haven't received my blanket. I've also sent two emails regarding the blanket, and they haven't gotten back to me. Ridiculous.

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
"Dear Lexie,
kellih49
1/7/19

My canvas prints are very grainy and is not due to the original picture resolution as i have gotten other canvas prints from other companies with the same resolution. The prints were not pulled tight and there is a flaw right on the forehead of one of the people

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
"Dear Kelli,
bethv35
1/5/19

I was promised the photo blanket would arrive before Christmas. It arrived today...1/6/19. My niece had no gift under the tree from me. It IS NOT a blanket. It is tiny and thin and not at all soft. The stitching is large and sloppy. It has a photo of a blurry cat on it but you can not even tell its the photo I sent. The coloring is horrible and you have to really look to be able to tell it is a cat. It just looks like a thin piece of cheap cloth with two big eyes on it. You can give up on calling customer service because that does not exist. I am just out what I paid and I still have to buy my niece a Christmas gift since I am too embarrassed to give her this. Very Disappointed. Very Unhappy. Beware of the rip off! There are so many bad reviews on this company for a reason!

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
"Dear Beth,
matthews469
1/4/19

They had a guarantee before Xmas special. I placed my order 8 days before Xmas. Received my confirmation of order and it saying it was headed to production. Ordered 12/17 and here it is the 4th January and I still have the same order status. I've sent 2 emails with no responses and called 20 times and can't get thru to anyone. So who knows if I'll ever get it. Prob a scam. Don't order from here!

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
"Dear Matthew,
mariem254
1/3/19

I ordered two photo blankets well before Christmas. First off they came January 3rd so I wasn't even able to give them as gifts but honestly, I'm glad because they are just terrible! The coloring is terrible, my children look red and the quality of the blanket is so poor. I wouldn't even consider it something you'd cuddle with. Boy am
I sorry that I didn't decide to go with Walgreens as I usually do. DO NOT ORDER from here!

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
"Dear Marie,
jasonr327
1/2/19

I ordered 6 8x8 canvas's and I got 1 8x8 canvas of a dog , like wtf ! please dont ever buy from these SOB , you cant even get in contact with anyone!!

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
"Dear Jason R,
shellyr51
12/28/18

I ordered a blanket through them. I get it and there is lines through it. I dont think they inspect products, if so they would of caught it. This was a Christmas gift that I am now embarrassed to give her. I emailed them on the 16th with no response within a week so I email again, still nothing I emailed one more time still nothing and it is the 28th. They even say they will get back to you within 24 hrs. Nope. Even tried to call. They never answer. This is the worst business I have ever dealt with. I would and will NEVER recommend this place for nothing. All I wanted was a replacement, no money back, just something that looked good. I wouldn't even give them 1 but they made me put something down. So disappointed.

ovale
12/20/18

Thought I was getting a throw blanket and they was the size of a medium towel on 2 and other one size of small very disappointed

jamies120
12/20/18

I placed an online order 10 days prior to Christmas. The website stated GUARANTEED DELIVERY BY CHRISTMAS. I received an email the next day stating the order had been shipped. However, the tracking information showed 12/26 delivery. I emailed the company regarding this. After 4 days without a response, I called their customer service. After waiting on hold 10 min, a representative came on the line and informed me I'd have to contact UPS and there was nothing she could do. She was extremely rude and unhelpful. She then hung up on me. I will NEVER buy from this company again.

patriciat248
12/19/18

I purchased a large canvas and when I received it the frame was damaged. I have sent 3 emails and get no response.

daleh131
12/18/18

I have called, and emailed and dont get a response. I placed an order on DEC.1 and was given a 3-7 day shipping. It now the 18th and I still do not have the ordered item and cannot reach anyone to discuss the issues with. I will never use this company again.

christinel208
12/17/18

I do not recommend using this company The customer service is useless. I ordered a canvas on November 17th for my niece Received confirmation it was received with a picture of the order. On Dec 1 received notice it was ready. My niece received it on Dec 11, it was a picture of 3 girls she didn't even know, which means someone else didn't' get their picture. What is worse I have tried to call customer service, I have emailed twice with no response since Dec 11th This is a big disappointment for Christmas.

joannc74
12/15/18

WARNING. Do not order from this 4 inch scratches on each side of the face of the dog and a huge bump at the bottom edge. After waiting 3 weeks for it. I contacted customer service after being on hold for 15 minutes then was hung up on. Called back and finally talked to someone that i could not even understand. They said it was from the shipping company. Clearly in was not due to the packing was in perfect condition. It was from very poor workmanship. They should be embarrassed of such terrible workmanship. They then sent me an email with directions to destroy the canvas then send another picture of the destroyed canvas then they would send a reprint. By the time they would do this it will be too late as a Christmas present. Waste of my time. I ordered another canvas from a second company and received an Awesome product in 4 days. Good luck if you ever have to deal with this ridiculous company.

richardp472
12/12/18

I ordered photos printed on aluminum and got mat photos DRY MOUNTED on aluminum, and not done well either. There's no way to get through to the company by phone or email. AVOID THESE CROOKS!

claudiab93
12/12/18

We ordered a canvas print from CanvasDiscount for the first time. They sent us a canvas of a picture that was not ours. There is NO way to reach any customer service. Once you dial the number it goes straight to busy or a recording goes on saying that they are busy now and can't take your call. I have e-mailed them three times in the last week and got not response. They stole $50 of my money.

patriciae127
12/10/18

I recieved a canvas with 2 people I don't know. I wanted a blanket of my daughter's dog. The item I got will not be
Something I can use

karenk359
12/10/18

Did two orders one order never received the other one was horrible I emailed twice and still never got a reply back. I would like to be refunded

jackiep101
12/10/18

My family has ordered plenty from your company, it was about the fifth I have ordered, for my sons engagement party! It had someone else's picture between the two. Why didn't you let me know before print. Took it to my High School Art teacher painted him out. Your company did nothing!

lindam945
12/10/18

Absolutely awful quality. Will nevervorder again picture wasn't even centered on blanket. No border on blanket. And very small in size. Can't be used as blanket

audraa6
12/6/18

As per their return policy, I followed all the instructions to submit a return and I have NOT heard back. I emailed several times and tried calling. No one gets on the phone, they just play music. No Customer Service. Still waiting over a week for someone to respond to my return request.

at the top right of the REVIEWS page is an orange box that reads EDIT REVIEW. Click on that.

By Myra W.

Dear Marci M! We thank you for your message. Every size requires minimum image resolution in pixels and dots per inch (DPI). For specific requirements we invite you to check our prices and formats page, as well as our FAQ page. The image itself is recommended to be in high resolution (colors, no lines visible, no marks, etc.), otherwise everything mentioned will be visible on the print. After uploading the image on our website, please use the preview tool. The tool shows exactly how the final print will look like. The prints come already wrapped around the frame, you do not need to wrap the print yourself. Earlier the prints did not had this option.

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

Good luck! They have the WORST customer service I have ever experienced! When they do finally email back, they aren't even the slightest bit helpful!

By Andrea S.

Dear Jess, thank you for your message. In this case we advise to direct this question to our customer support by emailing us at info@canvasdiscount.com Our associates will answer your questions and requests as soon as possible!

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

Dear Robert, thank you for your message. In this case we advise to direct this question to our customer support by emailing us at info@canvasdiscount.com Our associates will answer your questions and requests as soon as possible!

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

Hello, I am truly sorry for the inconvenience. have you tried to resize the image it might be just a bit too large. usually our website will give you a pop up stating that the image is too big. Also try on a different browser that too helps. Thanks

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

I tracked my order from the confirmation email or the order has shipped email.

By Ronna D.

Dear Briana C! Thank you for posting your question. When goods are not satisfactory for the reason the customer is eligible for free replacement print (prints) or full refund. Please check the terms on canvasdiscount.com website

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

Questions? Get answers from the CanvasDiscount staff and other customers.

CanvasDiscount?