Review of BudgetHomeKits

BudgetHomeKits reviews

Tel: 1-855-552-8343

weldonw10
1/14/16

A while back I wrote a review about budget homes kits. I stated that I was very disappointed in their service. Since then things have changed and they are pleasing to work with. Would recommend them.

danm94
2/11/15

I don't normally write reviews but with a purchase as important as this I thought it would be the right thing to do. I have to be honest and say the main reason I originally purchased from Budget Home Kits was to save money. We were on a very tight budget and this seemed to be exactly what we had hoped for as long as their claims proved out.
I'm happy to say that it did work out and we are very satisfied. Our new home is more than we could ever afford with any other option and believe me we did our homework. It does involve work but conceptually their building methods are easy to follow if you pay attention to what your doing and go step by step. Our guy there helped us with consultations all the way through and we actually became friends. At least it felt like we were friends. Either way the people are friendly and helpful all the way even after the sale. When you talk to them what they say is what you get. Very unusual these days.
We heartily recommend them. Thanks.

Tip for consumers: Take time to call and ask questions.

davidw197
2/3/15

My wife and I purchased one of the steel home kits from BudgetHomeKits.com. We did quite a bit of research, but decided to choose budget home kits because their homes allow you to assemble the home yourself without too much costly help.

Anyway, here's my Budget Home Kits review:

We bought a 2,800 sq ft home from them. Being very concerned about the price, we bought one of their Overstock kits. It arrived about one month later and they even gave us an orientation when they got there. I have to say that I was extremely relieved when they delivered the home kit. It just didn't seem real to me until I saw all of the steel.

Once we got started, it took about two or three weeks to assemble the outer shell of the home. My nephew helped me with this part. Then we moved on the the interior of the house. We did almost everything ourselves inside too. Budget Home Kits gave us all the interior plans, but we still got to choose our flooring, cabinets, fixtures, etc. My wife really shopped for bargains since we were on a tight budget. When it was all said and done, we were able to get the kit and finish our home for far less than if we had built a stick-frame home or if we had bought another steel home kit which require lots of contractors (and lots of money spent). The ability to assemble myself was the real money saver. And being able to pay-as-I-go for the interior finish out kept me from needing a 30 year loan.

I don't know if Budget Home Kits is for everyone. But it was certainly for us. Very rewarding and made us feel like pioneers. Beautiful home. Would do it again.

Tip for consumers: Budget Home Kits created a new floor plan for us that my wife liked more than the original. Ask them if they can make some floor plan changes at a discount. They did it for us. Also, ask about interior steel wall framing. It can be very expensive, but they might have a sale/discount for that too.

Questions? Get answers from the BudgetHomeKits staff and other customers.

BudgetHomeKits?