Review of Farecast

Farecast reviews

jakem7
9/13/11

Bing.com You've got a lot of stuff to work on before being at par with google. It looks like for the past years, they are hitting their ad campaigns strong. They are promoting bing.com almost everywhere. Getting close to google will be very difficult. The society has picked up on google and became a house hold name. I seldom hear this now: "Make a search on the internet." Today, it's just: "Google it."

xavierm
9/4/11

Not really recommended. Don't get me wrong, I am a Microsoft kiddie as my working life depends on it but it is not very good.

The UI is overcompled, and yes I know that Google patented their simple UI so it can't be copied, but still relevancy is not too good.

And I hate the fact that other MS sites include some content on purpose that links directly to searches. If I wanted to run a search, I would Google it instead of opening a list of links that don't really have what I want.

Meh...

paulp11
9/1/11

It's good, slower than google. I don't think it's going to lure me over though

arthurd2
8/31/11

Lets be honest, it's never going to be Google, no matter how much Microsoft tries

I find the searches arn't alway relevent and the mapping tools aren't as good as their competiors, the aerial view on the maps is very poor quality when compared to Google's.

It's just a bit...... average.

waylands
8/3/11

I'm not a fan of it. The main thing that turned me off is their search engine. It makes decisions that I just don't like. Google never did me wrong.

gerardos1
7/20/11

Very good search engine, slower than Google though. I wouldn't consider it a "decision engine".

tomr8
4/9/11

Bing has a lot of great features! I love the integration with wolfram alpha.

privaten
10/29/10

It was a good idea... on paper. In all reality (not Microsoft's) it is very disappointing. I do find the home page facts to be interesting and the layout is simple. The main problem I have is with the searches itself. The premise is that it learns from what you search and tries to personalize your searches to more effective things that you can learn. In my time with bing, my searches never changed or adapted,and the results were always less than googles or even yahoo. The searches would sometimes be a little more detailed and in perspective than some google searches, but all in all, the major results were the same, but in a lesser quantity. Overall, its ok. For a search engine, its subpar, but a "Decision engine," it is not. I binged and decided that google is still the safest bet for a good search. Happy Searching!

robertot
10/1/10

It seems to have less results than Google or Yahoo...

sherryd
6/2/10

I like how you can get discounts and cash back on almost anything you can buy online at major stores. very useful! I wonder why google checkout doesn't do this too!!!

margarets1
5/29/10

Bethea is very helpful and she corresponds regular with fans. Her predictions are also genuine and mostly on track

julianas
8/28/09

Had a problem. Sent lots of emails. They finally straightened it ot. Said company I made puchase from was pushing through the cashback.

robinh1
8/25/09

Bing Travel: the search parameters are very intuitive and flexible, which makes flight planning very easy. The price predictor is a great feature, but don't ignore your gut instinct.

sergiom1
7/5/09

This is a review of Bing Travel, which was previously Farecast. Since the Microsoft takeover the site homepage has become cluttered with ads and poor organization of boxes. It also seems that the algorithm used to predict prices is off. I subscribed for daily price updates for a flight from LAX to HNL. It started at $465 and each e-mail had the tip saying "wait." Two weeks and $200 higher it said "buy" since the fare was "predicted to rise." Thanks for the tip.

marthac
6/17/09

Interesting idea (and lots of marketing dollars), not sure how good their execution is.

78 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Farecast staff and other customers.

Farecast?