Review of Bid2Buy.ca

Tel: 289-339-2849
buck@bid2buy.ca

annl205
4/25/19

After successfully winning a bid (first time at this site) I ended up with the flu on pick up day. He called me on Saturday at 12:15 and asked where I was. I told him I had the flu and had arranged for my niece to pick up the three small scatter rugs. He said he was leaving at 1:00 I told him your site say's 2:00 and she would be there before 2:00. He then said if I was not there by 1:00 they were being thrown in the dumpster... along with a bunch of choice words. I then contacted him by email to ask which day next week he would be available and he said 10:30 on Easter Sunday. I explained I would be attending church but said I was available any other day. He then flat out lied to me and said the next auction was not at the same location ( even though all the online pictures and pick up location was the same) and said that he had already thrown them out and he would do the same to me if I went there. Frankly I am out the rugs, the 400.00 and I am afraid to go there. Will never buy from them again and can not imagine why anyone would even consider doing business ( buying or selling) with this horrible man. Be warned!!!!

jenniferp374
10/11/18

I am completely disappointed with this business. Recently I had (for the first time) made bids online for items that were of importance to me due to families past ownership. There was no problem with this aspect, only the pick up. There was not a single aspect that left me feeling good about the experience. Buck was the most disrespectful person I have ever encountered (especially seeings how he made a good amount of money off of my purchases). I always approach people with a smile but when his first interaction with me was to ask "are you in a rush or something" in a tone that was shocking I instantly stood up to him. I don't think he appreciated that he wasn't going to get away with pushing me around because later when picking up separate items, I had to specifically ask for his wife's help as he was again snappy and wouldn't give me the time of day. When his wife asked him a simple question regarding the location of one of the items I purchased, as soon as he saw she was helping me he turned his nose up said he wasn't helping me because I was "family" and asked for the next person in line. This for me was the most disrespectful thing he could have said. While he was happy to let his friends go ahead and gather there things without question, a family member of the seller was treated like garbage. I made it aware both on location and now that I will never support this individual again nor do I believe he deserves the support of others. My sister also received a phone call in the evening (without an introduction) she was questioned on when she was going to pick up her items and when she explained that she had already got them he hung up on her without a good bye or explanation. If a negative star rating could be placed above it would be.

jw277
6/24/18

Misleading titles and pictures (ex, a Henkel-Trocken knife block with a bunch of no-name knives in the block). No address given until you win an auction, so you can't check driving time before participating. Tight pick-up windows mean that it is too risky unless you have the whole window open to pick up.

Nothing but attitude on the phone. Avoid.

raym1116
4/13/18
• Updated review

Just an FYI, I paid for those items and it was my credit card company who told me to get them because I paid for them.
On another note, I have looked into your business and you are not registered with Auctioneers of Canada and Ontario, you are not listed under the Better Business Bureau, are you legally allowed to hold auctions and do you have a legal right to sell?

“Pauline's response was a lie about refund”
4/13/18
• Previous review

So just an update, I spoke to the Fraud Dept of MasterCard and as expected, Pauline was lying about a refund as Mastercard has NOT received a refund. Lie about what you are selling and come onto a national platform and lie.

“Full refund ? - send me a confirmation number”
4/10/18
• Previous review

So Pauline you are telling me that in 3 items you had for sale where you consistently put "Framed by Carvers and Gilders" all 3 with no deviations, that I should NOT believe you? I buy and could be watching up to 5 online auctions at the same time, and depending on the price of the items, I will decide what to bid on and what NOT to bid on. Before you put a reputable companies work as your headline, maybe it's better for you to list items correctly. I sent an email to Carvers and Gilders requesting the information and due to the high volume of emails, they finally did answer me. We will see by Friday if in fact you are telling the truth about my refund. Instead of saying this to me at the time you refused me to pick up the items you had my money for, you could have avoided having me go to the OPP Fraud dept and send them all this info. So if I am to call off the OPP as this is considered theft, you have my email and can send me the confirmation that you did in fact refund all my money as you stated on your reply.

“Buck is one knowledgeable, funny, trailer park seller”
4/9/18
• Previous review

So let me get this straight, if someone puts a sticker on say a decorative piece, you're telling me you will use this in your listing as say a Tiffany Antique, knowing full well it's plastic and not glass and not an antique? But, stickers don't lie according to you? I tried to work with you to come to a resolution, but, instead needed to go to the Fraud department since you told me not to pick up my item after paying for it. Shame on this seller for not taking any responsibility for his wording. Come to the open house you said, ummm, so anyone from anywhere near the listing should only bid because you lie on your listings? Trust is no longer present and lost a buyer who spends a lot of money online.

Response from Paulette S., Bid2Buy.ca Representative
Ray M
I cant understand why anyone would purchase an item and then do the research. Typically you would research first, call or view the item. You have made statements that you clearly cannot not substantiate as you have never seen the items in question. It is also quite dishonest on your p[art for not informing the readers that you recieved a complete refund and after claiming the items were not as advertised you still wanted them.

Bid2buy
kimberleya5
9/1/17

Buck (owner) was hired for an estate sale when my father passed away. When you first meet this loser, he seems knowledgeable and nice enough. Once you are committed however, this man is VILE and a misery to work with. Any issues are addressed with high levels of aggressions, zero logic, and limited focus on resolution; many our items were inacurately/carelessly listed (high-end crystal with no make/pattern info, "condition unknown" on electronics that were in perfect working order, had to request correction to listing for a queen size bed and mattress that were listed as "double" no fewer than THREE times!). Other reviews address his hiding behind small print - a 10% "buyers premium" added to all listings - definitely not something that was mentioned to the family. Pretty unhappy about the fact that many items from my family's estate are now in his personal home (bidding against his customers). CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

petec38
8/24/17

I've purchased from them a few times, today was my last. Both times my vintage items are just piled and crammed in boxes waiting for pick up. Just bought 3 vintage race car tracks and boxes are crushed on top of each other, boxes ruined, track parts broke and value gone. They take devious pictures of items purposely avoiding the damage they have, everything i bought is broke in some fashion. Very unprofessional business, don't waste your money.

laurab175
6/5/16

I would avoid this guy like the plague. His character is outright vile and he does not deal well with any sort of issues that may arise with customers. It's his way or the highway. I bought an item from him and he kept my money and the item. If your card bounces for any reason, he'll fail to resolve the issue and give your item to the next highest bidder. Really a displeasure to do business with. I have reason to believe he bids up his items too. Good luck dealing with this company! Read the other reviews here, they are honest and everyone reiterates the same sentiment about this company.

holleyv
2/10/16

Owner/operator doesn't return emails. I purchased items and needed them shipped. He said that was okay. I received an email saying I'd need to pick up. I emailed four times over four days. Finally, I disputed the charge and emailed the guy to let him know. He got back to me within an hour (!) and said he didn't understand what the problem is. He said he'd ship probably by the end of the week and charge my credit card. Surprise surprise the guy didn't ship. Don't waste your time. The whole thing is unprofessional. Terrible customer service.

terryk32
5/1/15

I had won 5 different items and hassle some issues with the bidding so i sent an email to the owner he got right pissed of with me .later that night after i had won he must of called my cell phone.iam disabled so i go to bed fairly early. I called him the next day and he had told me that my credit card didn't go through so i said to him that i have other card and also said that i don't know y my card didn't work this guy said that it didnt matter because he sold them to the person i thought was bidding me up and said to bad so sad but you have nothing to pick up now .so i asked him if he didnt get alot of people asking questions and he said yes and he didn't need people like me even though i was buying stuff over 300.00 dollars didn't need those kind of questions .so i really believe that there are bidding the product up. The more higher price themore he gets. This guy is very bad people person thats for sure and there slogan is the ccustomers are number one .boy sure looks like the money is number one to this guy. Been doing this for forty year not likely. I would go to other sites and never have a problem this the first time ive had a problem. I would not use him to sell your stuff on line .very bogas

Questions? Get answers from the Bid2Buy.ca staff and other customers.

Bid2Buy.ca?