Bid2Buy.ca

Bid2Buy.ca has a consumer rating of 1.25 stars from 20 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Bid2Buy.ca most frequently mention credit card problems. Bid2Buy.ca ranks 102nd among Auction sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Just an FYI, I paid for those items and it was my credit card company who told me to get them because I paid for them.
How would you rate Bid2Buy.ca?

“Awesome Auction Service”

Shaunna B.
5/2/20

In June, 2019 my mother had just passed leaving her husband of 40 years with an absolutely overwhelming amount of stuff that had to be dealt with within a short time frame. I can't thank Buck, Paulette and their team enough for all their efforts and expertise. Buck was fair, reasonable and very accommodating. I don't know what we'd have done without them and I would recommend this business without hesitation. Shaunna B.

“Extremely bad attitude”

me t.
2/13/21

Inclement weather prevented me from making the pickup, guy called, I told him I'll pay for the items even if I can't pick them up. He said "Don't bother, and don't go on my site anymore" then hung up. Didn't know people were still so angry at the world lol Don't waste your time supporting this nonsense. He called from *******849 Would go lower than 1 star if possible.

credit card (4)
met21
February 13th, 2021
Verified purchase

Don't waste your time supporting this nonsense. He called from *******849
Would go lower than 1 star if possible.

Stay away

Products used:
None

angelas1252
January 19th, 2021

This man is HORRIBLE! He has literally zero customer service skills. I cannot believe he is still in business. If you dare to ask a question you will likely get a reply something like "look, I'm busy, do you want it or not?" I have worked in customer service for decades and I've never once come across a person this rude. I wish I read his reviews before having to deal with him, I would have saved myself the frustration. I only gave 1 star because zero is not an option.

Tip for consumers:
Run! I doubt you need that item badly enough to suffer his treatment.

davidb5503
January 6th, 2021

Beware of Bid2buy auctions in Selkirk Ontario... That final straw for me was when he dismissed me and said f*** off and hit the road" multiple times. How do you trust anything he sells on line?... his listings are crap, he doesn't mention any faults and doesn't answer emails. Beware... beware...

Tip for consumers:
Do not use this auction.....very very bad..

philipm508
May 19th, 2021

Bought and paid for an item on auction and sent an Email with shipping address. No reply. Sent three subsequent Emails- no reply. Last Email was marked high priority asking if the Emails were received and finally got back a one word reply- Yes. Item was never shipped so I began calling and on the fourth call Buck answered. I asked when he was planning to ship my item and he claimed he sent it and it was returned because the address was wrong. I sent him the correct address so if it was wrong it was his fault. Then he demanded more money for shipping. Never once did he communicate with me to ask for me to pay for the shipping cost which makes it plainly obvious he never sent the item and I got ripped off.
Stay away because he is everything all the other reviews are saying.

shaunnab2
May 2nd, 2020

johns6729
July 8th, 2020

Your bidding on an item and then all of a sudden your bid does not go through... and then you get quick timed, and the item is sold at the
Last second. Absolute B. S. You also get the feeling that you are getting bid up... If i could give it zero stats i would!

davec777
May 3rd, 2021

The pictures looked good but the bike was scrap tell your kids you got them a bike when you pick it up its junk

fredf244
November 5th, 2020

Would not recommend this auction company to anyone, get a real auctioneer that does there job right.

mob134
November 20th, 2020

I wish I had read these reviews prior to bidding on an auction with bid to buy.
I won some glass items on an auction on Nov 1. When I registered for the auction I wrote a note that I will require shipping. When I got the invoice for my won items there was a note that they do not ship glass. I had read the shipping info prior to bidding because I know a lot of auctions do not offer shipping. The only things that were mentioned were that they only ship small items and that if you live in USA you need to have shipping pre-approved. There was nothing about not shipping glass.
Buck informed me that I would be responsible for any damage and did I want it shipped? I then asked for a refund because I believed that my items would be broken when I received them. He told me there were no refunds and did I want it shipped or not? I said yes and gave him instructions on how to pack the box so there was no damage. Then I waited with a feeling of dread thinking that it would arrive with many of the pieces broken. I was very surprised that it all arrived unbroken and that it was packaged as instructed. I think I may have gotten lucky?
I would not recommend this auction house to anyone due to its customer service as Buck was not at all willing to compromise and I did not have any confidence in my items being shipped safely.

jw580
November 3rd, 2019

I hate talking bad about anyone. But this man is genuinely rude and treated me like I was nothing more than a huge annoyance to him. I had a very long drive to pick up once and it took longer than expected. I texted him when I realized I might not make it by end of pickup window but was very close. No reply. I arrived minutes after pickup window to find him all packed up about to leave. He made it clear he was going to trash my items if I hadn't shown up and was just unnecessarily hostile. I get that late buyers is frustrating but his customers are human and sometimes legit things happen. He knew I was right around the corner. But his 5 minutes was worth more than 3 hours of my time and gas. Descriptions are sparse and inaccurate, zero effort to get decent pictures. Also, items are routinely falsely advertised; I know this is intentional because Buck's wife commented to me that she keeps telling him not to call glass Chalet style glass art "Chalet glass" but he won't listen. This happens a lot, items being labeled as something they're not. Pickups are a gong show, a free-for-all. People just load boxes. I was asked more than once if I'd taken items I'd not purchased and felt like I was not believed. People drove all the way out to find their purchases missing. Lastly, I pay cash on pickup and after a break from the scene I bought from him again and put in the notes to auctioneer, wil pay cash on pickup, please don't charge card. I don't have a credit card and I was buying on my friend's account. He ran it through. I finally stood up to him and asked why he did that, he said what else was he supposed to do claiming he didn't have my number. Really? How about email? Now hearing that he bids up his auctions I'm done buying from him. Based on what I've seen, I believe it. If Buck dislikes people so much I don't know why he's in this business. I wouldn't trust him at all and he can't muster up any politeness or concern for his customers. I mostly bought because the spelling is so bad that collectors miss his ads (people search Doulton, not Dalton). On the bright side, I've gotten some high end items because I recognized valuable pieces that were described just as "green plates" etc. Anyone who hires him, be warned that your items will sell cheap bc the descriptions and photos are minimal, innacurate and lousy. And get to every pickup early because he's gone the minute it ends or earlier, even if he knows people were delayed and are 5 minutes away. You're welcome for my business!

jw277
June 24th, 2018

Misleading titles and pictures (ex, a Henkel-Trocken knife block with a bunch of no-name knives in the block). No address given until you win an auction, so you can't check driving time before participating. Tight pick-up windows mean that it is too risky unless you have the whole window open to pick up.

Nothing but attitude on the phone. Avoid.

petec38
August 24th, 2017

I've purchased from them a few times, today was my last. Both times my vintage items are just piled and crammed in boxes waiting for pick up. Just bought 3 vintage race car tracks and boxes are crushed on top of each other, boxes ruined, track parts broke and value gone. They take devious pictures of items purposely avoiding the damage they have, everything i bought is broke in some fashion. Very unprofessional business, don't waste your money.

annl205
April 25th, 2019

After successfully winning a bid (first time at this site) I ended up with the flu on pick up day. He called me on Saturday at 12:15 and asked where I was. I told him I had the flu and had arranged for my niece to pick up the three small scatter rugs. He said he was leaving at 1:00 I told him your site say's 2:00 and she would be there before 2:00. He then said if I was not there by 1:00 they were being thrown in the dumpster... along with a bunch of choice words. I then contacted him by email to ask which day next week he would be available and he said 10:30 on Easter Sunday. I explained I would be attending church but said I was available any other day. He then flat out lied to me and said the next auction was not at the same location ( even though all the online pictures and pick up location was the same) and said that he had already thrown them out and he would do the same to me if I went there. Frankly I am out the rugs, the 400.00 and I am afraid to go there. Will never buy from them again and can not imagine why anyone would even consider doing business ( buying or selling) with this horrible man. Be warned!

raym1116
April 13th, 2018
• Updated review

On another note, I have looked into your business and you are not registered with Auctioneers of Canada and Ontario, you are not listed under the Better Business Bureau, are you legally allowed to hold auctions and do you have a legal right to sell?

Pauline's response was a lie about refund
April 13th, 2018
• Previous review

So just an update, I spoke to the Fraud Dept of MasterCard and as expected, Pauline was lying about a refund as Mastercard has NOT received a refund. Lie about what you are selling and come onto a national platform and lie.

Full refund? - send me a confirmation number
April 10th, 2018
• Previous review

So Pauline you are telling me that in 3 items you had for sale where you consistently put "Framed by Carvers and Gilders" all 3 with no deviations, that I should NOT believe you? I buy and could be watching up to 5 online auctions at the same time, and depending on the price of the items, I will decide what to bid on and what NOT to bid on. Before you put a reputable companies work as your headline, maybe it's better for you to list items correctly. I sent an email to Carvers and Gilders requesting the information and due to the high volume of emails, they finally did answer me. We will see by Friday if in fact you are telling the truth about my refund. Instead of saying this to me at the time you refused me to pick up the items you had my money for, you could have avoided having me go to the OPP Fraud dept and send them all this info. So if I am to call off the OPP as this is considered theft, you have my email and can send me the confirmation that you did in fact refund all my money as you stated on your reply.

Buck is one knowledgeable, funny, trailer park seller
April 9th, 2018
• Previous review

So let me get this straight, if someone puts a sticker on say a decorative piece, you're telling me you will use this in your listing as say a Tiffany Antique, knowing full well it's plastic and not glass and not an antique? But, stickers don't lie according to you? I tried to work with you to come to a resolution, but, instead needed to go to the Fraud department since you told me not to pick up my item after paying for it. Shame on this seller for not taking any responsibility for his wording. Come to the open house you said, ummm, so anyone from anywhere near the listing should only bid because you lie on your listings? Trust is no longer present and lost a buyer who spends a lot of money online.

jenniferp374
October 11th, 2018

I am completely disappointed with this business. Recently I had (for the first time) made bids online for items that were of importance to me due to families past ownership. There was no problem with this aspect, only the pick up. There was not a single aspect that left me feeling good about the experience. Buck was the most disrespectful person I have ever encountered (especially seeings how he made a good amount of money off of my purchases). I always approach people with a smile but when his first interaction with me was to ask "are you in a rush or something" in a tone that was shocking I instantly stood up to him. I don't think he appreciated that he wasn't going to get away with pushing me around because later when picking up separate items, I had to specifically ask for his wife's help as he was again snappy and wouldn't give me the time of day. When his wife asked him a simple question regarding the location of one of the items I purchased, as soon as he saw she was helping me he turned his nose up said he wasn't helping me because I was "family" and asked for the next person in line. This for me was the most disrespectful thing he could have said. While he was happy to let his friends go ahead and gather there things without question, a family member of the seller was treated like garbage. I made it aware both on location and now that I will never support this individual again nor do I believe he deserves the support of others. My sister also received a phone call in the evening (without an introduction) she was questioned on when she was going to pick up her items and when she explained that she had already got them he hung up on her without a good bye or explanation. If a negative star rating could be placed above it would be.

laurab175
June 5th, 2016

I would avoid this guy like the plague. His character is outright vile and he does not deal well with any sort of issues that may arise with customers. It's his way or the highway. I bought an item from him and he kept my money and the item. If your card bounces for any reason, he'll fail to resolve the issue and give your item to the next highest bidder. Really a displeasure to do business with. I have reason to believe he bids up his items too. Good luck dealing with this company! Read the other reviews here, they are honest and everyone reiterates the same sentiment about this company.

holleyv
February 10th, 2016

Owner/operator doesn't return emails. I purchased items and needed them shipped. He said that was okay. I received an email saying I'd need to pick up. I emailed four times over four days. Finally, I disputed the charge and emailed the guy to let him know. He got back to me within an hour (!) and said he didn't understand what the problem is. He said he'd ship probably by the end of the week and charge my credit card. Surprise surprise the guy didn't ship. Don't waste your time. The whole thing is unprofessional. Terrible customer service.

kimberleya5
September 1st, 2017

Buck (owner) was hired for an estate sale when my father passed away. When you first meet this loser, he seems knowledgeable and nice enough. Once you are committed however, this man is VILE and a misery to work with. Any issues are addressed with high levels of aggressions, zero logic, and limited focus on resolution; many our items were inacurately/carelessly listed (high-end crystal with no make/pattern info, "condition unknown" on electronics that were in perfect working order, had to request correction to listing for a queen size bed and mattress that were listed as "double" no fewer than THREE times!). Other reviews address his hiding behind small print - a 10% "buyers premium" added to all listings - definitely not something that was mentioned to the family. Pretty unhappy about the fact that many items from my family's estate are now in his personal home (bidding against his customers). CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

terryk32
May 1st, 2015

I had won 5 different items and hassle some issues with the bidding so i sent an email to the owner he got right pissed of with me. Later that night after i had won he must of called my cell phone.iam disabled so i go to bed fairly early. I called him the next day and he had told me that my credit card didn't go through so i said to him that i have other card and also said that i don't know y my card didn't work this guy said that it didnt matter because he sold them to the person i thought was bidding me up and said to bad so sad but you have nothing to pick up now. So i asked him if he didnt get alot of people asking questions and he said yes and he didn't need people like me even though i was buying stuff over 300.00 dollars didn't need those kind of questions. So i really believe that there are bidding the product up. The more higher price themore he gets. This guy is very bad people person thats for sure and there slogan is the ccustomers are number one. Boy sure looks like the money is number one to this guy. Been doing this for forty year not likely. I would go to other sites and never have a problem this the first time ive had a problem. I would not use him to sell your stuff on line. Very bogas

asghara8
June 23rd, 2021

I buy from many auctions throughout Ontario as well the US. However, I find this particular auction's efficiency in customer service absolutely rude next to zero.

Tip for consumers:
The person in charge of this auction is absolutely rude and have no clue what the customer service is all about!

Questions? Get answers from the Bid2Buy.ca staff and other customers.

paulettes3
Paulette S.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bid2Buy.ca?

Have a question about Bid2Buy.ca?