Review of Biblio

Tel: +1-800-333-1795
sherar@biblio.com

corlial
1/12/19

In my first experience with Biblio.com, I purchased two books from different sellers. One book arrived within the specified time frame and in excellent condition. The other, however, has still not been delivered a month after the order was placed.

When the book did not arrive as promised, I communicated with the vendor and requested a tracking number. I was given a number that is invalid and cannot be tracked and was asked to wait another week. I waited a week and when it did not arrive, I contacted the vendor and requested a refund.

The vendor did not address my request for a refund and simply "requested" that I wait another week. I contacted Biblio to request their assistance with obtaining a refund, and they forwarded my message to the vendor who again simply responded with a "request" that I wait another week.

At this point, I feel I have waited a reasonable amount of time and then some. Further, since I was given a useless tracking number, I feel I have a valid reason for requesting a refund. I'm not sure how Biblio operates internally, but it seems like if a refund is dependent entirely upon the vendor's choice, customer service is lacking.

While neither Biblio nor the vendor was "rude" per se, the complete disregard of my reasonable request for a refund is not acceptable. My bottom line is that if you purchase from this company, there is a possibility that some of your experiences will not go well. In my case, it was a 50-50 chance of not getting my order.

Further, when things go wrong, you will have to continue to deal with them over extended periods of time, and the outcome is uncertain. This is sad because I liked the fact that Biblio indicated it has a socially conscious business model, which I liked.

I wanted to give a chance to a company other than some of the big book sellers, and it's sad how poor the customer service is by comparison. I would not recommend, and I will not purchase from them again.

ashers2
12/11/18

I just bought a book with biblio, and they used my paypal address as my shipping address without asking if I wanted to ship somewhere else, just automatically placed the order. I sent an email less than 30 seconds after the order was placed, and they responded it couldn't be cancelled - even though it was their system messup. I no longer live at that address, and I want a full refund as soon as possible!!!!!

rj100
10/5/18

I study in an Ivy league grad program and found 3 books from Biblio at $1-$ + 3 to 4 bucks shipping.

I thought there was no way they would delivery but lo and behold 12 days later they all arrived!!!

i'm talking about hard bound cover books. 2 in good condition and 1 marked up but still usable.

I'm still shocked. i had super low expectations and i had little to lose paying $12 with paypal loaded cost for $100 worth of books and they all arrived.

Most likely the low score is because ppl don't rate good service.

raelw1
9/2/18

I ordered a book from an author on the day he died. The website and the bookseller did not fulfill my order and took 5 days to notify me. Now a book which had multiple copies for under $30 on the Internet is more than $150. It feels more that coincidental to me.

belindam46
7/11/18

Dont use this company. They sold me a counterfeit book which I cannot re-sell. Now they wont give me a refund. Horrible company.

mrsm55
3/27/18

I purchased a book via Biblio.com from a seller located in California USA. The book was not particularly cheap, a recent out of print book, still widely available which cost me around £40 GBP ($57). I was very interested to receive this book so you can immagine my disappointment when after several weeks the book did not arrive. The seller didn`t reply to my emails regarding the book which made me believe it was never sent.
I suspect that the greedy seller in question realised that other sellers were selling the same book for more money and decided not to send the book after all. The only positive thing in this situation is that my payment was via paypal therefore I was able to recover my money. Surely, if I had paid with another payment method I would had lost my money with this site. My advice is to be very careful when purchasing from Biblio.com, their customer service is very poor. If for whatever reason you decide to purchase from this site, I would recommend to pay only with paypal (if available at the check out) for your own protection or avoid to buy from them!

meganb97
3/20/18

I ordered a book with express shipping (3-5 days) and it has been 2 weeks and no book. I contacted their customer service multiple times and have gotten nothing but generic "sorry" emails. The tracking number says it has never even left its first location. They have offered me no help at all and I would never suggest this site to anyone.

vo561
1/29/18

I expedited my book and it still came after the time. It put me behind on school work. I am very disappointed at this as I paid extra to make sure it would arrive in time.
Do not use this site if you don't have to.

frankh120
12/9/17

Right before Christmas, when time is short, it took four days for some one to notice that the book I had ordered was not in stock, even though it was listed on Biblio. This has created a problem for me, and I find it to be unacceptable that the item was even listed in this day and age of automated inventory control.

jojoa3
10/7/17

I ordered 3 books and only one arrived, the rest two should be there since 3 weeks but there was no refund, they steal my money and the costumer service is poor,,
I will definitely file a complaint on this site

jarrids
8/11/17

Their sellers lie about book conditions. One of their sellers sent me a bogus tracking number and never sent the book. Waited over a month and finally had to threaten to dispute directly through Paypal to get a refund. They use a third party review system that automatically filters out the negative feedback and reviews posted. They even block facebook reviews. Don't trust them.

kenl67
4/11/17

I complained that my book had never arrived and two minutes later my paypal account had been refunded.
Not their fault that my order never came, it was britbooks who supposedly sent it . Biblio was just the Agent who deals with the orders.

kenp51
3/2/17

Waited and watched a VERY long time for a book and when I found it at a great price I ordered it IMMEDIATELY. Later that afternoon, I get an email saying my order was CANCELLED because they never even HAD the book! I was told Biblio was a TRUSTED site to buy from but I will NEVER take that chance again! Now I have to wait DAYS to get my money back AND I used paypal so I will have to again wait to transfer it to my bank account from there! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!

timt32
2/11/15

Ordered a book, simultaneously with a class mate (other order). After a few weeks still not received the order. A refund was proposed/demanded. But for waiting more than a month now, the refund is not received.
Update:
The refund of this order (placed on November 11th) is now received (Friday 13th :)).

joannew10
1/28/15

Absolutely disgusted with the treatment and service I received by this company. I made an order before Christmas for a present and the company have not engaged in conversation with me regarding a refund and have refused to respond to the 8 or 9 emails I have sent them over the last month requesting the refund in question. I paid for the item and special delivery. This company takes your money and does not provide any goods or service. Daylight robbery!!!

katiew11
5/7/14

Really great looking webpage. Lotsa content. Great books love it easy to contact customer support.

nathanh26
1/28/13

Notorious for false advertising though confusing wording and placement of sales information. Many books are at least 4 times expensive as Amazon.com. Biblio.com will place verbiage on the site indicating that you are buying a bulk package of books, but in reality you are only paying for one at 4 times the price. Be wary, their support staff is a little sarcastic and will not treat you with much respect if you wish to make a return.

Questions? Get answers from the Biblio staff and other customers.

Biblio?