Review of Biblio

Tel: +1-800-333-1795
sherar@biblio.com

garoldt
6/10/19

On May 3 I ordered a book for approximately $4.00 from Biblio.com and the order was cancelled. The author of the book had just passed away so I thought maybe someone else ordered it at the same time, so I ordered the same book from Ergodebook for $9.48 plus $3.99 shipping. I received an email that the book was shipped and the money was charged to my Visa No book arrived .I waited until the required 9-14 business days and called and was emailed that the book may not have been delivered due to postal error. In short, I was pretty much left with no choice but to get my money refunded after several requests to have the book sent to me after I noticed that Ergodebook now had the book I had ordered on the Biblio site at the cost of $46.78. This tells me that when a book suddenly becomes in high demand, Biblio and Ergodebooks disregards a customer who has in good faith ordered and paid for the book for the sake of receiving a better price. I can understand raising the price of a product in high demand but not at the sake of someone who has already ordered the book. Now I am left without the book and cannot pay the high prices being asked by booksellers. I think Biblio acted unethically and unfairly and I will not use them anymore. I warn other buyers to beware of having an order pulled out from under them should one of the sellers suddenly finds they are getting several orders for the item they (buyer) HAVE ORDERED AND PAID FOR.

marcusn28
3/17/19

Biblio tells you a tottaly different story each time you communicate with them. Biblio does not understand your order. Biblio does not want to be bothered with a problem. Biblio will flat out lie to you. If you have a problem, your on your own. Biblio is deceptive and dishonest.

juneb111
3/1/19

Ordered a book for a gift. Received notice that my order was cancelled because they couldn't get a response from the book seller. This left me very little time to make other arrangements. After additional searches and two additional rare book websites, I still have no idea if I will receive the book I want. At best, this site and others like it, have a huge problem with advertising items that can actually be delivered. At worst, they are scams. Unless you have months to deal with these sites, don't waste your time.

rianc5
2/18/19

Lost my book in the mail and I simply asked for the book or a refund and got nothing! I'm a college student that can't afford to not have a book or my money so I'm so upset I don't have either worst company with the worst customer service in the world.

kh650
1/16/19

Site is not up to date or the vendors aren't updating on their end. You buy books, then get a message stating not in stock. Pick out another of the same book, you get the same message. Can't really tell if some of the vendors are overseas until after you order, then, there is no tracking number available. I did get one refund for a book that never showed up. We'll see what happens with the rest of the 2nd order. All of my items are not listed in my account either. I called and the woman was nice, but didn't seemed concerned when I said I didn't think I would order from them anymore.

The site administration is very haphazard with poor record keeping. I think Ebay might be a better choice, if you don't use "Amaze-on."

corlial
1/12/19

In my first experience with Biblio.com, I purchased two books from different sellers. One book arrived within the specified time frame and in excellent condition. The other, however, has still not been delivered a month after the order was placed.

When the book did not arrive as promised, I communicated with the vendor and requested a tracking number. I was given a number that is invalid and cannot be tracked and was asked to wait another week. I waited a week and when it did not arrive, I contacted the vendor and requested a refund.

The vendor did not address my request for a refund and simply "requested" that I wait another week. I contacted Biblio to request their assistance with obtaining a refund, and they forwarded my message to the vendor who again simply responded with a "request" that I wait another week.

At this point, I feel I have waited a reasonable amount of time and then some. Further, since I was given a useless tracking number, I feel I have a valid reason for requesting a refund. I'm not sure how Biblio operates internally, but it seems like if a refund is dependent entirely upon the vendor's choice, customer service is lacking.

While neither Biblio nor the vendor was "rude" per se, the complete disregard of my reasonable request for a refund is not acceptable. My bottom line is that if you purchase from this company, there is a possibility that some of your experiences will not go well. In my case, it was a 50-50 chance of not getting my order.

Further, when things go wrong, you will have to continue to deal with them over extended periods of time, and the outcome is uncertain. This is sad because I liked the fact that Biblio indicated it has a socially conscious business model, which I liked.

I wanted to give a chance to a company other than some of the big book sellers, and it's sad how poor the customer service is by comparison. I would not recommend, and I will not purchase from them again.

ashers2
12/11/18

I just bought a book with biblio, and they used my paypal address as my shipping address without asking if I wanted to ship somewhere else, just automatically placed the order. I sent an email less than 30 seconds after the order was placed, and they responded it couldn't be cancelled - even though it was their system messup. I no longer live at that address, and I want a full refund as soon as possible!!!!!

rj100
10/5/18

I study in an Ivy league grad program and found 3 books from Biblio at $1-$ + 3 to 4 bucks shipping.

I thought there was no way they would delivery but lo and behold 12 days later they all arrived!!!

i'm talking about hard bound cover books. 2 in good condition and 1 marked up but still usable.

I'm still shocked. i had super low expectations and i had little to lose paying $12 with paypal loaded cost for $100 worth of books and they all arrived.

Most likely the low score is because ppl don't rate good service.

raelw1
9/2/18

I ordered a book from an author on the day he died. The website and the bookseller did not fulfill my order and took 5 days to notify me. Now a book which had multiple copies for under $30 on the Internet is more than $150. It feels more that coincidental to me.

belindam46
7/11/18

Dont use this company. They sold me a counterfeit book which I cannot re-sell. Now they wont give me a refund. Horrible company.

mrsm55
3/27/18

I purchased a book via Biblio.com from a seller located in California USA. The book was not particularly cheap, a recent out of print book, still widely available which cost me around £40 GBP ($57). I was very interested to receive this book so you can immagine my disappointment when after several weeks the book did not arrive. The seller didn`t reply to my emails regarding the book which made me believe it was never sent.
I suspect that the greedy seller in question realised that other sellers were selling the same book for more money and decided not to send the book after all. The only positive thing in this situation is that my payment was via paypal therefore I was able to recover my money. Surely, if I had paid with another payment method I would had lost my money with this site. My advice is to be very careful when purchasing from Biblio.com, their customer service is very poor. If for whatever reason you decide to purchase from this site, I would recommend to pay only with paypal (if available at the check out) for your own protection or avoid to buy from them!

meganb97
3/20/18

I ordered a book with express shipping (3-5 days) and it has been 2 weeks and no book. I contacted their customer service multiple times and have gotten nothing but generic "sorry" emails. The tracking number says it has never even left its first location. They have offered me no help at all and I would never suggest this site to anyone.

vo561
1/29/18

I expedited my book and it still came after the time. It put me behind on school work. I am very disappointed at this as I paid extra to make sure it would arrive in time.
Do not use this site if you don't have to.

frankh120
12/9/17

Right before Christmas, when time is short, it took four days for some one to notice that the book I had ordered was not in stock, even though it was listed on Biblio. This has created a problem for me, and I find it to be unacceptable that the item was even listed in this day and age of automated inventory control.

jojoa3
10/7/17

I ordered 3 books and only one arrived, the rest two should be there since 3 weeks but there was no refund, they steal my money and the costumer service is poor,,
I will definitely file a complaint on this site

jarrids
8/11/17

Their sellers lie about book conditions. One of their sellers sent me a bogus tracking number and never sent the book. Waited over a month and finally had to threaten to dispute directly through Paypal to get a refund. They use a third party review system that automatically filters out the negative feedback and reviews posted. They even block facebook reviews. Don't trust them.

kenl67
4/11/17

I complained that my book had never arrived and two minutes later my paypal account had been refunded.
Not their fault that my order never came, it was britbooks who supposedly sent it . Biblio was just the Agent who deals with the orders.

kenp51
3/2/17

Waited and watched a VERY long time for a book and when I found it at a great price I ordered it IMMEDIATELY. Later that afternoon, I get an email saying my order was CANCELLED because they never even HAD the book! I was told Biblio was a TRUSTED site to buy from but I will NEVER take that chance again! Now I have to wait DAYS to get my money back AND I used paypal so I will have to again wait to transfer it to my bank account from there! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!

timt32
2/11/15

Ordered a book, simultaneously with a class mate (other order). After a few weeks still not received the order. A refund was proposed/demanded. But for waiting more than a month now, the refund is not received.
Update:
The refund of this order (placed on November 11th) is now received (Friday 13th :)).

joannew10
1/28/15

Absolutely disgusted with the treatment and service I received by this company. I made an order before Christmas for a present and the company have not engaged in conversation with me regarding a refund and have refused to respond to the 8 or 9 emails I have sent them over the last month requesting the refund in question. I paid for the item and special delivery. This company takes your money and does not provide any goods or service. Daylight robbery!!!

katiew11
5/7/14

Really great looking webpage. Lotsa content. Great books love it easy to contact customer support.

nathanh26
1/28/13

Notorious for false advertising though confusing wording and placement of sales information. Many books are at least 4 times expensive as Amazon.com. Biblio.com will place verbiage on the site indicating that you are buying a bulk package of books, but in reality you are only paying for one at 4 times the price. Be wary, their support staff is a little sarcastic and will not treat you with much respect if you wish to make a return.

They do not try to help you find things lost in the mail so they steal money by not issuing a refund or a new book.

By Rian C.
Questions? Get answers from the Biblio staff and other customers.

Biblio?