Review of Better Braces

Tel: 800-553-6019
service@betterbraces.com

heatherz21
12/19/18

STAY Away! DJO and Better Braces needs to be reported to the Attorney General's Office. Scam Company and Poor Business Practices.

alexd226
10/13/18

Garbage!!! Absolute garbage!!!! DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE!!!
I ordered a new ankle brace to try and make some room in my soccer cleats and get back to a level before I sprained 3 ligaments.
When I checked the progress of the shipment it said both "processing" and "complete". I checked my PO Box but had nothing. I called 3 times, sent 2 emails (both of which went unanswered) and chatted on Facebook. No one ever provided me with a tracking number.
Lo and behold they sent it via UPS who does not deliver to PO boxes and my item was returned. They said it would be re-shipped with USPS but still no tracking number. The call centre is useless and the only way they can get in contact with the warehouse is via email, and the warehouse is apparently in control of everything.
I finally decided to take the refund and they only refunded me a portion of the cost (they kept the shipping) despite this whole problem being created by them!
This company is full of crooks and scammers. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!! I wish I had read reviews before ordering!!

toddl69
10/4/18

I Ordered a brace on 9/17 and did it with expedited shipping. Well, the 26th came and still said was in process. If I knew it wasnt shipping asap, I wouldnt have paid for faster shipping. Their customer service number is a joke, nobody picks up. I emailed customer service that day, finally today (Oct 4th) I got an email back saying the brace was on backorder. Never said that when I placed the order. But amazingly, they couldnt cancel because it was just picked by ups...haha. Yeahhhhhh. Piss poor company.

chrism810
9/21/18

Stay away from this organization. The overseas call center has only four people supporting it and they flat out told me that everyone is calling upset and they don't even bother responding via email. I sent an email asking about my long backordered brace but never received a response. Finally called in and it sounds like BetterBraces is imploding. The folks on the phone are completely helpless and sound equally as frustrated with BetterBraces. I'm sure they'd prefer they weren't their call center support client. Long story slightly shorter, they still don't know when my brace will ship -- would have been nice to know it was backordered when I ordered it. I never received a notification. So either BetterBraces is very poorly managed or it is a complete fraud. Either way, you should find another provider for your braces and whatnot. Even if they're 50% increased cost, it's more than worth it. Avoid these guys at all costs.

freddoc
9/19/18

They will take your money but not stand behind theirs return policy. If they do accept your return they will not credit your full refund. Trying to reason with them is futile as their customer representative are all located in the Philippines

jr327
5/2/18

I received my order, opened the box and one of the packages was empty!
Daaaaa
I called, told them about the issue, they said that they would overnight the package, 7 days later, nothing. I called and they said that they ground shipped it.

I will never use this company again.

sherryk39
4/20/18

I ordered a compression thigh sleeve. The sleeve was $16.99 and I paid an additional $15 to get 2nd day shipping. I measured my thigh as instructed and ordered the size that was on the size chart (size small). When I got it I knew immediately that it was way too small! Not only did I not receive any email confirmations re. order/shipping etc., but when I called to get information to return the product I was told it would cost around $7.50. $22.50 IN SHIPPING FOR A CRAPPY PRODUCT! I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THIS SO CALLED COMPANY AGAIN! AND.....THEY NEED TO HIRE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS THAT CAN SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!!!

robertb589
3/13/18

Better Braces was highly recommended by an orthopedic I dealt with for an ankle problem. I was impressed with the design of the DonJoy Lace-up stabilizing ankle brace. As I began to wear it the brace immediately began to fall apart. The material frayed. I noticed an old review that described the same problem. No changes resulted from the reviews. The braces lasted only about 2 months at the most. I ordered two replacements. I never have received them. The order was placed more than six months ago. The shipment was traced to the local post office. I checked with the post office and was told that there was nothing they could do. When I notified Better Braces customer service they told me that it was too bad and asked if I would like to order another brace. I ordered a new brace, not from them. The other company's brace was the same design but much better quality and much better service. In my opinion, Better Braces certainly does not live up to it's name and I would not recommend dealing with them!

shawnc73
3/9/18

After having Patella Femural replacement surgery, I was in need of a replacement knee brace. My previous brace from a different manufacturer had finally given way after 3 years of off/on use. I searched out and found the Donjoy Bionic Full Stop brace, I placed my order and had it overnighted. I wore my brace on the Wednesday I received it and on the same Friday afternoon that week it had broken. I immediately called customer service and was connected to Ann, I explained what had happened and the details. The response I got next just about floored me...Ann explained to me that she would create a service ticket and it would take 7-10 business days for a replacement. I explained the medical necessity for the brace and was once again told 7-10 business days. I then asked the simple question of this, if I went online and purchased another brace and paid for overnight shipping, I could have it here by Monday? (She responded with a yes answer) But, because Ive already purchased one and had it for 2 days and it broke, now I have to wait 7-10 days to get a new one? (Again she responded with a Yes, followed with thats the policy). I went ahead and sent the requested pictures of the damage and hung up with her. A little taken back by the service I had just received, I went on the search to find someone above her to help me with this. I scoured the internet looking for phone numbers, EVERY single number kept leading straight back to her department. Every single person I talked to was exactly the same unhelpful person that Ann was. I went as far as trying to reach out to the local rep here and the area manager as well and couldnt get either one of them on the phone. After waiting 3 weeks to the day, I finally received a replacement. I would have posted a review much sooner, but had fear of retaliation and not receiving a replacement. Word to the wise...run, dont walk to any other manufacturer that you can find.

edw2095
12/21/17

Do not, and i mean DO NOT order from this company.
Purchased a sleeve for my DonJoy knee brace after being refereed to them by DonJoy. Now after waiting 2 weeks to get the brace it isn't what I ordered. Not even close nor do the item numbers match. I have emailed several times. No one responds. Get on the chat with them and all you get is "you can return for a full refund minus shipping and handling and buyer responsible for return shipping. When I asked for a phone number to speak to a real person the chat session was ended. I tried to reconnect to it but it says it is not available at this time.I didn't pay for them to ship it to me so why would I pay to send it back at my expense for their mistake. They say I have no choice. So I am out the $30 i spent and still don't have the sleeve that I need. I am doing my best to insure people are informed about this company and its practices. Also filing a complaint with my card company. These people are crooks pure and simple.

tinab147
12/13/17

If enough people file a complaint with the better business bureau as well as complain this should disable these types of practices- I too was scammed by non-product delivery and the runaround- It is my understanding that the managers name is Eric Balunswa

larryb172
12/2/17

Ordered on a Wednesday. Not shipped until the following Monday. Received an email from them on Saturday claiming they shipped on Saturday. False information. When I called to complain, not even offered an apology. Not offered to return item if it ever arrives. They spoke in circles.

bobs296
3/21/17

I recently tried to purchase a knee brace on this website when I got a notification saying that my credit card info was wrong, so I put it in again and again. Without realizing, all of those times I tried to submit, the payments actually went through. I am from Canada and the number they have on their website isn't even their company its another Canadian brace retailer. I tried to email them and I have not gotten anything back for about a week, and now I am considering taking legal action. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE.

bobh147
2/17/17

My first challenge is to get someone to answer the phone. My next will be to have someone return my call.
Be very careful. their customer support leaves a lot to be desired.

martinm113
2/5/17

So I ordered both left and right knee braces (before finding this site, that lists 0 positive reviews). They "claim" to have shipped to a different address (I wrote to that address and they have no package), and refuse to refund my money ... and shipped NO PRODUCT TO ME !! Watch out for this company, no customer service, no ethics ... NO PRODUCT !!

johno134
2/2/17

Ordered items and supposedly product consultant provided wrong size. Ordered replacement and they mischarged my credit card. David, Katie and Joseph- you need to be retrained as your support level is close to nothing. I will NEVER ever shop on this site again. When you promise items like a promo and dont deliver its criminal. I should've realized this was WRONG from the start.

marcr38
2/1/17

I ordered 2 Don Joy Ice packs that turned out to be under recall (found out later, after they burst). BB refuses to answer phone or email, refuses to acknowledge that they received the package via FedEx with a valid tracking number, and instead blames me.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Scam business. BBB complaint and Chamber of Commerce Complaint filed

Amanda Scott keeps "promising" to call back, but... No.
Better Braces Sales Support
service@betterbraces.com
800.553.6019

Tip for consumers: AVOID AT ALL COSTS

dougy1
11/24/16

knee braces for osteoarthritis and ligament instability require a professional to fit or adjust. i am an orthotist and i have had numerous situations where patients end up coming to me because they ordered online by measurements and the brace doesn't fit, instructions and protocol for donning and wearing were inadequate and there is no one to go to when things go wrong. when you need a medical device go to a medical professional.

tonyp53
3/18/16

Dear Better Braces,

Why is your customer service so poor? Thanks for taking my money and screwing me. Spent $33 total on shipping... for nothing. I really wish I had read all of the negative reviews of BB online, before I threw my money away on this worthless website.

-T

briank73
1/18/16

I ordered a product on a thursday around 4pm. Checked the box for two day delivery, fed-ex. Tracking shows it will not arrive until Tuesday the next week. UPS delivers on weekend, however fed-ex does not. Although the better-braces site says 2 business days, be careful not to pay for two day shipping before a weekend since they use fed-ex as it is wasting money. To same shippers 7 days a week are business days, so know your shippers before spending money for faster delivery. It just might be a little better for customer service to add on their site that business days for fed-ex are not on a weekend.

deeb50
12/4/15

I tried to order products from this company and guess what??? No response.........
I emailed their customer service center, I telephoned about 6 times leaving a message every time and I posted a message on their Facebook page. No response, zilch, nothing. Its as if the company does not even exist. I am glad I had a query before purchase other wise I could be a statistic stating that I have not received my product after payment.

Questions? Get answers from the Better Braces staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Better Braces