Review of BestCanvas.ca

Tel: 1-844-498-4254
info@bestcanvas.ca

richardn90
1/18/18

I didn't expect much really, but the canvas is see through. It was stapled loose and sloppy and the inks they use show signs of bronzing when the canvas is viewed at an angle. I would recommend looking elsewhere.

janed260
1/18/18

I ordered 2 prints with black edges. I have ordered these exact prints from other companies before with black edges but clearly Best Canvas should not be offering this option. On the smaller print the black edge is visible on the front on one side by about 1/8" making it look very odd (could have been missed). The larger print is ridiculous, the black border is on the front of the picture on one side by 1/2". This is not something that is possible to miss. The fact that someone attached this canvas to a stretcher then packaged it up and sent it out shows that there is ZERO quality control in this company. I have sent emails and pictures and they have only offered to reprint the small print. Not good enough! I will be returning these prints to the company COD and asking PayPal for a full refund.

jimm1593
1/12/18

This is Friday, and I have already received the order I placed Sunday. They did a great job - the image is exactly as I sent. Perfect colour and nothing cutoff.
I ordered a premium frame, which was well worth the surcharge.
Would recommend this firm whole-heartedly.

sandys3
1/11/18

I should have known better after recently receiving a canvas that had a white border that slightly overlapped onto the main body of the photo - pretty shoddy work. However, I recently decided to order an aluminum print of them (not inexpensive at over $50). It arrived this morning and the first thing I noticed was that the mounting hardware that I ordered separately for $6 and was clearly shown on the invoice was left out of the box. Understand, you do not receive prints from them ready for wall mounting. You must either furnish your own mounting hardware or pay them for theirs. A total pain to say the least.

If that was the worst part, it would not be so bad in that they would be able to ship me the missing, paid for hardware. The surface of the print had bubbles of various sizes and not surprisingly (they furnish no padding for the photo as part of the packing material - simply cover it with a membraneous piece of foam and put it in the un-protected box), the upper right edge of the metallic photo was irreparably bent.

You need to be a detective to track down their alleged customer service. They requested that I send them photographic evidence of the damage which I did, but I am having a difficult time confirming receipt of said evidence. Avoid these derelicts like the plague! There are too many good photo processors out there and as the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for." Of course the exception to that was my aluminum print which again was expensive and is obviously something above their production heads!

Added 1/18/18 The company did in fact issue a credit for the merchandise. Their first offer was to reprint the photo, but based on my very negative experience with their quality control, I declined. Having said that, it changes nothing about the review other than the fact I was finally able to make contact with them.

Response from Philipp M., BestCanvas.ca Representative
Dear Sandy,
thank you for your honest review. We would like to help you solve your problem. Unfortunately we don't have any of your contact data. Please write a short message with your Order number to satisfied@bestcanvas.ca. Our experts will immediately take care of your request. We're looking forward for your reply, your Bestcanvas-Team
davids931
1/10/18

My wife and I ordered canvases and a hanger set from Best Canvas in December. The hanger set was not included in our order. My wife notified Best Canvas that the hanger set was missing on December 12th. It is now January 10th and we still have not received the missing hanger set. I've emailed Best Canvas multiple times and they have not replied to any of my emails. My wife has emailed as well and the only response she received basically said "we'll get it out to you as soon as possible". No tracking number, no details, nothing. It's been a month, if they actually shipped it we would have it by now.

Response from Philipp M., BestCanvas.ca Representative
Dear David,
janices99
12/27/17

I chose the non-wrap option with a white edge. But they were all partially wrapped on some edges, in turn ruining a couple of them as it was crucial that the image was all on the front.

Also I had my cart full and ready to go, then I had to refresh and all of the prices raised. That pissed me off a lot. I then checked their front page and the prices are constantly fluctuating. Stupid stupid stupid.

jaee1
12/21/17

I will absolutely buy from this company again. The price was unbeatable for what I got. The print quality is very good. There's a couple of very slight black marks that weren't on the original picture, but are hardly noticeable so I'm not worried about them. I bought from this site not only because they were affordable, but also because they offered some unusual sizes that no local shops would do - I ordered a 16x24 canvas because it allowed me to keep the entire focal piece of my picture without having to crop anything out (I would have lost a lot if I'd had to choose a 16x20 canvas, which is the typical aspect ratio most shops will offer). Like many others I assumed this site was Canadian since it's a .ca domain (another reason I ordered from them), but it turns out they're in Florida. Because of that I worried I'd have a long wait time, but it was printed & shipped the following day and arrived in just over a week. Prices are in CDN dollars, and there were NO extra duties/taxes/fees crossing the border. I was a little nervous at first after reading some of the negative reviews, but for the price I figured it was worth a try. Turns out this was a quick, easy, hassle-free transaction, and they'll be my go-to site for canvas printing from now on. If I ever have a negative experience, or if the canvas starts to fade or crack prematurely, I'll be sure to update my review, but for now I've recommended them to everyone who's asked about the awesome pic hanging on my wall.

angelab214
12/20/17

The canvas I printed had a white lines and all the sides were pulled so they were no longer straight lines - looks absolutely terrible.
I have tried to contact them via email but they have not replied and their phone #'s listed are not in service!!!

Response from Philipp M., BestCanvas.ca Representative
Dear Angela,
hayleye2
12/17/17

I ordered 6 canvas prints from them and all of them turned out great! some of the photos I used even came from facebook (which are not always the best quality photos to use for things like this) and they still turned out great (the size canvases I ordered were 11 by 14 In. The price was amazing and I received them like a week later. SO happy with the product, would definitely order from them again!
-Hayley

megann13
12/7/17

First let me say... ignore every bad comment you've seen as some of those comments almost prevented me from ordering. If you are looking for amazing quality, excellent customer service and unbeatable prices ... order from best canvas!! You will not be disappointed! Just beautiful

katier69
11/21/17

I read the reviews ahead of time and was very nervous but for the price I thought it was worth a try. it is a company in Miami that has a canadian URL but on their site in FAQ it does state they pay if there is any taxes or duties plus you are charged in canadian funds not american. I got 9, 10x14 canvases for under $115 and within a week

yvonnem58
10/8/17

This offer is fake. I have tried 10 times to order 2 canvas prints. When it comes to submitting the order it says I have to tick the agreement .. which I have done numerous times. So don't waste your time with this site. I'll go to London Drugs.

Response from Philipp M., BestCanvas.ca Representative
Dear Yvonne,
thank you for your honest review. We would like to help you solve your problem. Unfortunately we don't have any of your contact data. Please write a short message with your Order number to satisfied@bestcanvas.ca Our experts will immediately take care of your request. We're looking forward for your reply, your Bestcanvas-Team
judyk54
9/23/17

I order quite a few canvases of different sizes, photos I sent them came from cellphone and I couldn't believe how beautiful they turned out. I was very impressed to say the least and I will definitely be using them again. The best part was the prices, it's what first attracted me to this site first and with the quality of the prints, all around great deals.

ag1036
9/13/17

If I could review a minus 5, I would! I ordered 12 canvases from this company and out of the 12, 2 of them had to be remade 3 times before I finally just gave up and accepted that I wouldn't be getting them. The larger one was damaged and had a big dent in it because they didn't package the smaller ones with it properly. The image on the other one was only stretched on 1 side and the other 3 sides were black! When I received the replacement order the skin tones on the larger one were tinted green and the small one had the same issue. Each time the replacements had the same issues and nothing was corrected. A total waste of time and money. I've only had these canvases for a month or so and the ink on the edges of the ones that were ok is already wearing off and they're above a dresser so it's not a high traffic area!

Response from Philipp M., BestCanvas.ca Representative
Dear customer,
thank you for your honest review. We would like to help you solve your problem. Unfortunately we don't have any of your contact data. Please write a short message with your Order number to satisfied@bestcanvas.ca . Our experts will immediately take care of your request. We're looking forward for your reply, your bestcanvas-Team
zains
5/26/17

So my 1 year anniversary just passed and I thought I'd get my wife a canvas of us together. Great idea right? ... wrong... I ordered from bestcanvas.ca... why are you shipping it from the states ? Why is my package being held at customs? Why am I paying an additional 20$ for that? And why the hell is my canvas getting here on May 25 when I ordered it on May 2nd... I ended up getting the canvas 11 days after my anniversary not a very good idea after all. I even told customer service that my package hasn't come yet and I'd really like it here for the 15th.. they didn't seem to care really ... anyways all in delivery was garbage and 50$ for a canvas in the end was not worth it I'd never use bestcanvas again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else either.

davidc529
5/16/17

I just received a 40"x20" and 36"x24" photo on canvas. Very cheap pricing, about 1/3 of the cost on the U.S. site. I don't understand why. I didn't expect much but was willing to take a chance given the low prices. Though it doesn't say anywhere on the site, I was charged in Cdn$, there were no taxes and shipping was reasonable considering it comes by UPS. There was no UPS brokerage fee, handling fee or duty. The quality was great for such large prints. I'd order larger if they had the sizes. Very satisfied Canadian.

nicolep82
2/23/17

I have to say that I was very reluctant to use BestCanvas after reading some of the reviews - but I took a chance and was very much surprised with everything from the service to the quality - one of the things that first impressed me was the ease of the ordering and configuring my photo on the canvas, the fact that I called a service person and spoke to one instantly, and yes it is in Florida but there is both a bestcanvas.ca and bestcanvas.com - so my order that came to 74.00 was in Canadian dollars - I was also worried about the resolution of the photo that I had used in my order - by mistake I had used one I had resized down - I contacted them and they reassured me it would be fine and if not it could be reprinted up to 3 times - anyway I am very impressed with the quality and the service and will be using them again in the future. I used UPS and followed the tracking and it came exactly 1 week later after placing my order - very fast and effecient

gordonm45
2/2/17

I ordered 7 prints from 40 by 40 down to 8 by 12. They were perfect. I have used shops in Vancouver because I was "worried" about using online printing services. The shops in Vancouver cost me around $200 for a 40 by 40. To be honest, I cant really tell a difference in quality. There is a slightly...very slightly...better quality in using the mom and pa shops in town, but not enough to justify the cost difference.

Also, yes, these guys are in the states. Yes, I was a little surprised. But wow, some of these reviews are from overally emotional people. I mean, at the end of the day, the prints arrived on time, no duty and are great quality. And what doesnt come from other countries....wow.

christinec105
1/6/17

I was so so happy with my canvas(s) Shipping was quick and I literally saved so much money, I will definetely be using them again and will refer my friends and family

kellyb181
12/25/16

I ordered a 24" x 36" canvas on Monday and received it on Friday - in late December! I was amazed at how quick it was made and sent to me. My dog had just passed and the canvas was of her so it meant that much more to have it so quickly. And the quality is great, it turned out exactly how I pictured and I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

kaylynf
12/23/16

I ordered a canvas back in November to be a Christmas gift for my mother. It just got here a few days before Christmas, and upon opening it I discovered that they had proportioned my photo completely different than I had on the site while ordering. They zoomed in on one corner of my photo where I had it so the entire photo was showing with my signature as well. I also dealt with shipping issues, it being returned to sender before it even reached Canada. Also did not know until after I had ordered that the company is NOT in Canada, which I really didn't care about because the pricing was still in CAD thankfully but this meant shipping was going to take longer. The company also doesn't reply to my emails for 3-4 days which is very inconvenient.

Would not order from again, I'm still waiting to here back about the proportion being completely wrong.

johnt344
10/15/16

I am 100% happy with the business with best canvas.

I received the product in 1 week. Lowest prices ever!!!

Good Quality!

I am ordering more .

They are shipping for Florida but I paid no customs charges

ronb78
6/14/16

I have had a very bad experience with "Bestcanvas.ca". They are not canadian at all. I ordered a print for a client 2 weeks ago. I had a tracking number 2 days later. I followed the tracking number and UPS hadn't updated anything. I contacted Bestcanvas.ca and was assured it was on its way. It wasn't. A week and a half later, still no product and no update from UPS. They hadn't gotten it to UPS. I was promised on two different occasions that they would reprint and ship. The second time I was promised 2day air mail. When I hadn't received a tracking number, I called. Only to be told they still hadn't reprinted, and that they can't ship to Canada any faster the 6-7 days. Not even in a special circumstance to make up for terrible service and broken promises. I have most likely lost a client over this. IF they get it right this time, and it shows up, It will have been over 3 weeks form the order date.

zachh11
6/10/16

I was annoyed at first because I found later (after I've checked out) that it was a Miami company using Canadian URL. I thought I might have to pay brokerage fee and I paid in USD! Nevertheless, it's all good and the service is pretty fast! My bad for reading carefully.

PRO: FAST, Reasonable priced, easy ordering process.
CON: The canvas is not super perfect, but it is nice overall.

mariec65
2/18/16

I bought 6 canvases from this company because I couldn't pass up the price. Since I bought over 150$ worth it was free shipping. I ordered these and they came within a week! I am also from Ontario, Canada and I believe they are made in Miami, Florida. That us fast service. After I ordered I decided to read some reviews....to say the least I was very nervous of what was going to show up on my door step. To my surprise they were absolutely beautiful! None were warped and no marks were on the photos. The quality was great! I'd definitely order from them again!

Hello, Our prices are in CAD.

By Philipp M. [BestCanvas.ca Rep]

Questions? Get answers from the BestCanvas.ca staff and other customers.

3 Photos for BestCanvas.ca