Berkeley International reviews

Tel: 207 665 6651
info@berkeley-international.com

oliviaj59
6/10/19

Having met 7 people I thought I should perhaps take a dating break - but the team at Berkeley convinced me to persevere, and I am so glad I did. We are 4 months in and we are going strong. Thanks so much for all you support.

didierd4
5/16/19

Thank you Berkeley for such an amazing journey. 6 dates in and I found him. I couldn't be happier! Thanks to all the team for an amazing year and for finding me the love of my life!

oliverf34
3/31/19

We are lawyers representing a client who is considering legal action against this company. If anyone else has a similar negative experience, please contact us.

paulw594
3/20/19

I am most surprised to read these reviews as my experience was entirely different. I received an excellent and efficient service from the dedicated team and they have introduced me to my future bride. Many thanks.

Response from Berkeley I., Berkeley International Representative
Thank you Paul, Wishing you every happiness from all the team at Berkeley.
jennyh124
3/11/19

Speaking factually about my experience: in my late 20s I paid £3000 for membership for 12 introductions with the option to take up to 12 months break at any time. I had 3 introductions and almost another which unfortunately didn't materialise due to work commitments. Then I met my now husband of my own accord and asked for the 12 month break. By the end of the break period I was engaged and asked for some of my money back. They replied with a "No, but congratulations!" email. I looked over the contract and accepted that I was gullible enough to sign it and chalked it up to life experience. However, potential joiners should know that they are the type of business who feel justified in keeping your total sum of money for potentially a tiny amount of work they will do.

Here's a more detailed review I saw in the FT, also highlighting their upfront payment hustling. Why don't they charge monthly or quarterly subscriptions? Why do they insist on full payment immediately on joining? I never thought of myself as a mark' until I read this:

Best of Money: single, dating and paying a very high price for it'

Response from Berkeley I., Berkeley International Representative
Dear Jenny, Many thanks for your comment which is unnecessary. You had 5 introductions over the first 5 months of your membership and then we spent a further 2 months trying to contact you with no response ( as you had met someone and totally ignored us). You also didn’t response to your final introduction despite him calling/texting you. By the time you told us you no longer wanted to use us, you only had 2 ½ months of active membership left - bearing in mind we were more than happy to continue to work with you. You wanted a refund as you met some of your own accord which is wonderful and we are delighted for you, so why write this. We were nothing but polite to you, gave you a generous discount which you asked for and treated you always with professionalism and courtesy. Why you need to write this nasty comment is beyond us. Wishing you well with your new husband. Berkeley Team.
serenap2
5/26/16

Resolution reached

sarahc147
Sarah C.
12/28/15

Check your records - you cheated me out of a lot of money. Happy to describe all email exchanges - I have kept them all Potential clients - please check out all of dreadful reviews on all websites. And do potential clients note the dreadful and aggressive attitude in the reply to my post. Really happy to provide any potential client all the evidence I have about this dreadful unregulated company.

Response from Berkeley I., Berkeley International Representative
As we don't know who you are and we believe this review to be fake, it is difficult to respond, only to ask you to contact our office and we will do our utmost to resolve your issues.
Thankyou.
tinam69
12/24/15

Dear all,
I was ready to pay 6000£ to this agency, beacouse I'm trying to find a decent person to share my life with. After reading your stories, I don't think that is a good idea.
Good luck to all of you

Response from Berkeley I., Berkeley International Representative
I find this review astonishing as you are not allow to post until you have experienced the service. Might I suggest Tina M if you are a real person that you contact our office. Thankyou.
victoriah28
10/21/15

I was totally outraged by the Berkeley introduction service.
They discreetly provide a service cheaper that what they advertise.
They make judgments upon you're first introduction.

Beware as this company will get a lot of complaints, please post on the Internet if you have had an unpleasant experience with this company.
Reviews online are very helpful indeed.

emilm20
6/6/15

I can now confirm that I have reached an amicable resolution to the issues raised in my review with Berkeley International Limited. Whilst I have sought to permanently remove the review, I have been unable to do so as a result of the websites policy.

Response from Berkeley I., Berkeley International Representative
We are sorry that you are not happy with the service we provided to you. We also understand that choosing a life partner is a very personal decision. We know how keen you are to meet someone to share your life with but how difficult this has been for you which must make the process all the more frustrating for you. We would ask you to bear in mind though that this is a process and one which takes time especially when new criteria are introduced during the assignment as happened in your case. In fact some of the new criteria you introduced were highly unusual but we did our best for you as we do for all our clients. I will not talk about the details of your situation here as it this is a public forum and these are deeply personal issues for you. I can assure you that we remain willing to help you however we can and I invite you to contact me privately so that we can move things forward in a positive way for you. Sincerely Berkeley International Team
donnal40
1/7/15

I was told I could join for £300
But to keep it quite, as they were charging others considerbly more. (10,00 +).

I was so disappointed as it took 6 mother to actually meet someone.

Ithen I was given an apology.
But the service is not with the modern times, I strongly recommend against using this match making service.
Just read the reviews about it and decide for yourself

Response from Berkeley I., Berkeley International Representative
Dear Donna, Thank you for your comment.

You joined us as we building our Manchester Membership and we were delighted that you had inquired about our services and also delighted to have had met you.

You stated you were not ready to commit to our standard membership fee and we agreed, on this one occasion, to work on a lesser fee to suit your budget. For this you signed a contract and confidentiality agreement.

Berkeley International provides a bespoke service to all our clients and we are proud that over 75% of our members go into long-term relationships. It is as a result of this success rate that personal recommendation is our greatest source of new clients.
Feel free to contact us again if so wish, we shall be delighted to look after you. Sincerely, Berkeley International Team.
janem28
12/1/13

Well actually the website is impressive - it looks the real package that you are actually going to get a truly personal service of a company that will actually listen to your requests, what you are seeking, who you would like to meet and that they will really make an effort to find you some realistic matches.
HA HA..... Really? Err - No.
The person that interviews you and gets your hopes up disappears into the background and you are then passed to people who have never met you, have one photo of you (who ever looks good/real/true to life in a snapshot?!) and a written paragraph of your life. Does that really get across the person you are? Your personality? Who is your ideal match? No. Equally they have never (usually) met the person they then introduce to you. It seems to take them forever to come up with a suggestion of a 'match' (obviously do not have enough people on their books) and then you are presented with a few lines of who they think you are suited to.
No matter how many times after meeting people and giving lengthy feedback on the suitability of the person, ie trying to build up a picture of the type of person you are actually after, the next one put forward bares no resemblance to your requests.
Very expensive for the service you get - I haven't heard many success stories. Try Tinder instead......

Response from Berkeley I., Berkeley International Representative
We are in a difficult position to respond meaningfully to this review, as we have never had a member by this name. As such we have reason to believe that this may be a fake review. If indeed this is a genuine review, then we wish to apologise wholeheartedly. Our mission is to provide the highest level of service to our discerning clients and we are confident that this is achieved in the vast majority of instances. Our success rate in introducing life partners has resulted in highly positive reviews and feedback on our services, and is something we are very proud of. Thank you Berkeley International Team

Dear emil, I too had very bad experience. The more people write and complain. I will be posting my experience on the internet.

By Victoria H.

Questions? Get answers from the Berkeley International staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Berkeley International