Review of Beds.co.uk

Tel: 0121 568 7126
sales@beds.co.uk

lh74
3/7/17
We ordered our bed and got it within a few days, it took about an hour and a half to put it together then a couple of hours to wait for the mattress to expand but it was well worth the wait.
carolynm81
3/7/17
Ordered a king size memory foam mattress, it's great, brilliant price and arrived on time.
I would definitely order from beds.co.uk again
faikk
3/6/17
Ordered an ottoman leather bed. Came very quick and pleased with the customer service. Have ordered before also and have found them very usefull.
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Thank you for you kind comments. We are happy to hear you are pleased with your items and the service we provided. Kind regards, Terri
shabinak1
3/4/17
I got my new mattress from bed.co.uk..i am very happy with my new mattress, just had ababy and i got the reflex momory form which has help my back problems. The mattress was good value for money and the smell went away within hours. Thank you beds.co.uk and the customer service was really good and very helpful and will buy my new mattress from you. Shabina.
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello,
We are happy to hear the mattress you have purchased is helping your back issues! Thank you for your kind comments and congratulations!! Kind regards,
trayw1
3/3/17
Ordered a bed Sunday....bargain price of £139....free delivery on a date of your choice, chose Saturday morning for convenience and turned up as expected.....good quality bed....very pleased.....thank you!
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Thank you for your kind message! We are happy to see you were happy with the product and the service. Kind regards,
michaell283
3/3/17
I ordered a bouble bed and mattress, the service I recived was excellent, it came on time (in fact an hour early).
I would recommend this company to any one

Tip for consumers: Have faith, I read reviews after I ordered and panicked, but I had no need to worry.
Go for it

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello,
Thank you for your kind message.
choleh
3/2/17
I was in urgent need of a new bed and didn't have much money to spend. I found a divan on Beds.co.uk for £210 with a mattress and headboard! Also, it said 2-6 working days. On the 5th day they phoned at 9.40pm to tell us our bed was going to be delivered the next day.....bit of a joke calling at that time. They said it would be delivered anytime between 8am and 6pm...Typical! So my mum had to stay in on her day off, until 5.30pm when the bed was delivered!!! I'm sure in this day & age they could confirm a more precise delivery time! When they arrived, I live on a second floor flat and they told my mum (who was on her own) that they couldn't bring it up the stairs so she had to do it!! Safe to say their delivery couriers are absolutely useless. The bed is what I expected for £210. It's nice and modern and the drawers are a bit flimsy.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you're happy to stay in all day for delivery!

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry you were dissatisfied with the courier service, and are surprised to here you were contacted after 6pm as we do have a policy not to contact customers after this time. Both of the problems you have stated will be investigated and we would love to discuss a resolution with you!
Please contact us on 0121 526 7305 or reply to the private message sent.
alfiez
3/1/17
I've used beds.co.uk few times. Never had problems with them. Easy and fast delivery.
Would use them again and would recommend using them.
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Thank you for your kind message, we are glad to see you were happy with your experience at Beds.co.uk
ayisheao
2/8/17
Bought a spring memory foam mattress, said it bounces back to shape, and good support, only had for two months and it's sagging and is not good if you suffer with a bad back. Beds.co.uk have now exchanged my mattress and the new one is much better. I have to say personally I will never buy a mattress online again as you never know what it is going to be like, will go into a shop so I can try it first from now on.

Beds.co.uk attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello,
I am surprised to hear your mattress is sagging, if you would be willing to send over an image via private message or provide your delivery postcode we can get this rectified as soon as possible.
nicolef53
2/8/17
After reading reviews I was unsure about buying from beds.co.uk. I decided as there wasn't any complaints about the actual beds I would risk it being a few days late to save £500.
The bed was supposed to be deliver last Friday however it didn't turn up, frustrated I phoned them to complain and after a few calls only holding for a max of 5mins it became clear that I had actually made a mistake typing the address in and they had tried to deliver (to the wrong address) on the Friday. Had I not made this mistake the bed would have been on time. Thankfully they updated the address and resend the bed free of charge which arrived today. I would recommend beds.co.uk to anyone looking for a bed. They have been nothing but helpful during my order
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Thank you very much for your honest review. We are glad to see your problem was rectified and you were happy with your order.
janep59
2/6/17
Delivery was within timescale - everything came that I ordered - good quality - good price - and if you look on site they say they can't delivery to room of your choice so put in hall for us. So many reviews have moaned about delivery to room but obviously haven't read all info.
paulb312
1/26/17
Ordered a bed. Bed came - but was awful quality. I slept one night on the mattress and never again - no support you just sunk - I gave it away. I since heard it was disposed off. The headboard had staples showing, the drawer was awful and bed seemed it may fall apart - particularly as there was no fasten to connect the 2 parts of the divan. I did not bother to contact beds.co.uk as there was no response from them or the supplying company about e-mails about delivery. I posted a review on this site and 6 weeks later they asked me to contact them. I now have a better bed (more like I should have had in the first place) but no mattress and I have had dis-assemble the old bed a bed and put 2 beds together instead of the one and lots of inconvenience and frustration.

Delivery I was advised that I would receive a delivery date. No communication, but a bed tried to be deliver when I was out - so had to re-arrange. The replacement bed was delivered as arranged.

I have been been nagged by Beds.co.uk to change my review - it is now changed, they offered to pay £10 if a did.

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello,
I am sorry to see that you were unhappy with the item. I have sent you a private message of apology as I cans see the issue has been resolved.
suzannel26
1/20/17
I ordered a mattress from Beds.co.uk and waited two weeks for deliver, then had to stay in all day for a delivery due from 10-2. Long waits on telephone and unhelpful. When bed arrived they refused to carry it to the bedroom on first floor - I offered to pay extra but they laughed and left double mattress in the kitchen. I am unable to carry it up myself because I suffer from Fybromyaligia. Will need to wait until next week to get help. Had I been told they would only deliver to door I would have used a different company. When rang to complain they said delivery guys should have taken up mattress and called them to ask them to return to make correct delivery. They then hung up.

Tip for consumers: Avoid unless you are ok with delays and curb side delivery

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Dear Suzanne,
I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with the delivery of your item. We would like to rectify this for you, if you could contact us on 0121 526 7305 or provide an order number via private message that would be great.
dr1155
1/15/17
We bought a bed in good faith, the divan was broken, the mattress and headboard was the wrong ones. You can only contact customer services via email so have to wait 48 hours for response. Which arrived. The new divan was delivered very poor quality and no holes for the wheels, had to make the holes myself and the mattress and headboard not exchanged. Speaking to the lady who arranged the divan exchange She advised this happens all the time they don't deliver what is in the picture.

I have emailed about this and again no reply.

Do yourself a favour pay a bit extra and get the bed and customer service you deserve.
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello,
We would like to get this resolved for you. To investigate your order we would need a postcode or order number. Please call us on 0121 526 7305 to get this resolved.
angelaw103
1/15/17
Ordered a mattress, received one that was far inferior. I now have to pay to return it. They have a sister site, diningtables.co.uk which advertises the same mattress that I thought I was buying at 3 times the cost. Something amiss somewhere!

Fuming

Tip for consumers: Just pay that extra money for peace of mind, check return info. Wish I Had!!!!

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hi there, Please can i take an order number or a delivery postal code.
janj22
1/13/17
I ordered a bed and paid online with the promise of free delivery within 7 days..I am still waiting for my bed.the link they sent for delivery showed the only slot free was a saturday at a cost of £30.They do not answer the telephone and promise to reply to emails within 3 days which never happens. I am therefore still waiting for my free delivery date and my bed.this company is impossible to communicate with. I have contacted trading standards and now have to excerice my consumer rights regarding long distance selling and communicating with my bank with the hope of having my money returned.They promise of free delivery which it states clearly on the webiste and then try to con people into paying £30 and then they just ignore you when you don't pay up and keep your money. Disgusting company...I have also sussed out that the delivery company they supposedly use is their company also.
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hi there, Please can i take an order number or a delivery postal code.
kathleenl39
12/30/16
Bought a 5' bed and headboard end of March 2016 and have wished we hadn't bothered. No instructions or diagram to show how to put base together. Two plastic clips were supposed to keep it together. The headboard came without fittings and is sitting in my bedroom not attached to base.
The base has a drawer which doesn't close properly. The clips came loose and we have had enough. Every movement and the bed squeaks. It's now going to the skip today.
We did email the company when we discovered the headboard had no fittings and never received a reply, hence I will not recommend this company to anyone

Tip for consumers: A complete waste of time and money!

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hi there, Please can i take an order number or a delivery postal code.
sallyb58
12/29/16
I ordered a 4ft bed with a 4ft mattress only to find when base was built by my son we had 4ft6 base with 4ft mattress after trying to call company only TK be left on hold for 30mins as a time as it never gets answered do not waste your time. I emailed them and finally got an answer stating if you keep 4ft 6 bed as it is built up we will send you same mattress but in 4ft 6 and collect 4ft stay with me it gets worse finally after a week 4ft 6 arrived when we un packed it was the cheapest nastiest mattress I would not even let my dog sleep on it it should have been a memory foam like first one delivered. I then emailed again I had enough by now said I want bed and mattress collected l
Stayed in all day on 23rd December no collection I then sent another email and was told it would be collected Wednesday 28th December I even got a text to say it would be collected between 7am and 12 it got to 19.30pm so decided to send and email stating there bed and frame is now outside and needs to be collected before bin men on Monday I then revicived a message saying if they arrive on 2nd January and bed and mattress have gone I will not receive a refund my son is autistic and has had to sleep on a z bed we have a party new year eve and family over for dinner new year day do I have to dead bed with lights and dance round it like our hand bags they should be ashamed but trust me they do not give a f. Please pass this on do not buy from this company PayPal are sorting for me but I want to make others beware my boy has had to sleep on a z bed and we have had to eat Christmas dinner round a bloody bed and mattress
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hi there, Please can i take an order number or a delivery postal code.
margaretd60
12/24/16
Wrong bed delivered. Pressurised to keep it. Workmanship of the very lowest standard. Fittings could not be fitted. Mattress looked poorly made and marked. The biggest difficulty was trying to get it returned. Was thinking of going to trading standards to sort it out. Luckily had a family member who was more able at dealing with this type of company. Awful experience from start to finish. A company to avoid.
sh15615
12/22/16
Upon completeing our order online, we had a very abrupt call 2 days later at 8pm telling us that the bed WILL be coming tomorrow morning between the hours of 7 - 11.
We were woken up as if our door was being kicked down at 6am. This wasn't too inconvenient but undermines our agreement of between 7-11.
When the delivery van arrived I was amazed to see that there was only one delivery man. This was not a problem though and he managed to shift my bed a good 20 metres to my front door.
When he passed me the last part of he bed he turned around and walked back to the van very promptly.

I belive the correct bed and matress arrived but after reading some reviews I will be checking when I get home.
No instructions were given.
Head board is constructed to a poor standard.

I think the company staff require training in customer service.
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hi there, Please can i take an order number or a delivery postal code.
claireh48
12/20/16
I have had my bed for 4 months and it has broken 3 times, one side panel has broken twice and the other has now broken. All they have done is to re-send a side panel which seems to be all they are offering to do.
Avoid at all costs!!!
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hi there, Please can i take an order number or a delivery postal code.
emmanuelt12
12/11/16
I ordered a bed base from beds.co.uk because of the price and the fact that i needed a bed base within 48 hours. I had to call the company 3 times for various questions and i had to wait on the phone over 26 minutes every time. The bed arrived damaged and had also parts missing so i could not secure the bar and the legs that support the mattress in the centre of the frame. Also, the pre-drilled holes are not correctly placed so most of the screws could not fit. I had to do some DIY with tools and parts from my own tool box to make the frame hold together. The boxes were not damaged when they arrived but they were not in great condition, so my only guess is that they delivered to me a returned/unwanted bed from another customer who had returned it. i cannot be spending more time dealing with that company, but i have learn my lesson. The prices are to good to be true.The delivery occurred when they said it would but the two guys who delivered never even came to ring the door bell, i live in a basement flat and i saw someone walking on the pavement few times in row, so i decided to check it out and it was the the guys delivering my bed. They were simply going to leave. The delivery van was so dirty you could hardly see their plate number AND I HAD TO JUMP IN THE VAN to get my boxes out of it. THEY DID NOT HELP. Only they came to check i had the correct boxes before i had to sign the delivery note. AVOID - AVOID - AVOID
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hi there, Please can i take an order number or a delivery postal code.
lisad177
11/26/16
Ordered a small double bed for my teenage daughter, they said it would be delivered on the Saturday, it never showed up. I rang the company, was put straight on hold. No answer! Rang the delivery company, no answer from them either. I opened a case with Paypal as I started to panic thinking I'd been ripped off. Sent an email and said I expected a full refund. A guy called James e-mailed back saying ok with no explanation, then I got another e-mail from a Leanne saying she could arrange another delivery for the following Saturday and she would refund me a massive £15, I reluctantly agreed. Then the day before the bed was due to be delivered she sent me another e-mail saying she had seen I'd opened a case with Paypal so they've refunded me the full amount. Totally messed about by these people, I'm just glad i used PayPal so I got money back. Avoid these time wasters like the plague!!!
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hi there, Please can i take an order number or a delivery postal code please.
lisn1
11/6/16
There was an initial problem with my purchase but I am very impressed that this company have now tracked me down so that they can make generous amends.
I now know that Beds.co.uk can now be trusted and that they are taking Customer Service seriously and that they do value their customers.
Thank you.
samias
10/24/16
Do NOT buy from this company. Ordered and paid for bed, selected chosen delivery. Waited in all day to receive a phone call saying driver had been in an accident and could they reschedule, date rescheduled, still no bed, delivery phone line was broken and waited 20 mins on hold to speak with someone only to pretend that the new date wasn't booked in and could they have another chance to rectify this - looking at reviews this seems to be a pattern - scammers, awaiting a refund via PayPal .
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hi there, Please can i take an order number or a delivery postal code please.

Hello, Thank you for your enquiry. I can assure you that the items we sell are very good quality and we do sell over 1,000 items per day to people all over the U.K. We have recently been struggling with our review sites due the fact that we have not spent much time collecting positive reviews from happy customer, and it tends to be the unhappy customer who leave reviews. We do our best to resolve any problems presented to us by customers, and have spent a lot of time and investment on our staffing and products. Our customer service team are there for the customers from beginning to end and continue to support customer up to twelve months after purchase. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us on 0121 526 7305 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm or send us another message. Kind regards, Terri

you should be suspicious

By DON J.

Hello there Im Really sorry that some of the negative feedback that has been written on here has put you off from purchasing from us. Please see our updated reviews here ..https://www.trustpilot.com/review/beds.co.uk We are a multi million pound company and we dispatch over 5000 deliveries per week and we hold our hands up to slight complications on a handful of the orders. But we really hope you give us a chance to show you that we are a very efficient company with very nice reasonably priced high quality products. Kind regards Charlotte Beds.co.uk

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hello Ennesia, Sorry for the late response, I have been away due to personal reasons. Do you still require further assistance? If so please provide a delivery postcode or a reference number to locate your order details.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hello Jame, If the item received is as not as described, it is best for you to contact our After Sales Care Team on 0121 5686 7126 option 2. Once you have contacted them, they will request images of the item received, and will then advise you on the following steps. Hope this information has helped.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hello Mel, I can confirm, customers are eventually happy with there products. Majority of the time it is down to a personal preference that the customer does not like there product, but as soon as we find a product suited to the customer, the customer is then satisfied. Customer satisfaction is always our number one priority. Kind regards Jamie Beds.co.uk

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Takes well over 20 minutes at times. Disgraceful!

By Lou M.

Sent them an email last week as I don't think that I have received a memory foam mattress as advertised, still no reply. Will advise trading standards next week if no response and follow up with small claims court if necessary

By Kenneth F.

Hi, Thank you for your message, I can assure you that your order will be with you if it is not already. Please email me directly on resolutions.beds@gmail.com or call our aftersales team on 01215687126 and ask for Tom, I will be more than happy to assist you further

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hi there Ling, Could you please e-mail me with regards to your issue, My direct e-mail is julie@beds.co.uk. Regards. beds.co.uk.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Beds.co.uk staff and other customers.

Beds.co.uk?