Review of BeautyOfNewYork

Tel: 516-505-1090
help@beautyofnewyork.com

aprill200
5/17/19

WORSE HAIR COMPANY!!! They will take your money and that's it. If you have any issues they will not help you. You'll have to dispute with your bank. To save your money & time do not purchase from them.

shannaw13
4/24/19

I've never been so disappointed in service until I had an issue and had to deal with these people. I've been a loyal customer for over 7 years and the one time that I do have an issue with them sending me a defective wig, that literally had very little hair on it and could not even cover the wig cap. It was so thin that I could see the print from my braids underneath. They wouldnt even replace it. I even sent them pictures to see how thin it was. They wanted me to pay to ship back and 20% restocking fee. I am now disputing it with paypal and my credit card company. The entire situation is baffling how they dont care about being accountable for products that are defective or customer service. NEVER AGAIN.

shandelaj
4/20/19

I'm very pleased with the service I received. I ordered on Monday and received my package on Thursday. My order was packed and shipped the same day. I highly recommend this company.

karenn164
4/18/19

All of my items arrived as requested. Shipping was very fast and well-packaged. I was very happy with the purchase. Am now working on my third order!

rosyn
4/1/19

I ordered two Kenra hair sprays. They feel/sound full and smell just like the real product. But I also ordered two Kenra Shampoos and one Kenra Conditioner. None of these had any type of sealing around the caps, nor did any of them have a liquid protection seal inside, over the bottle openings. The shampoos and conditioner have NO fragrance, no quality like the original Kenra shampoo or conditioner. I feel as though these products are not Kenra. I have emailed the company today and will wait for a reply.

rpre
12/10/18

I found the items I wanted on there. I personally thought they were very good. Problem with this company is the high percentage rate of restock if the item is somehow returned to them. Also their shipping cost is just tooooooo damn expensive. The cost for shipping is the cost i can buy a few more products with. I would like to re-do business with them but I do not appreciate the expense of their shipping neither the restocking.

jb744
10/22/18

They sent me a completely different wig and the other was not as pictured. They told me I had 10 days to return, a 20% restocking fee, and I was responsible for return shipping even though it was their mistake. Purchase your items from a reputable store because they are not it.

jeaniec6
10/5/18

This is my first time ordering from them, and I am impressed. I placed an order Monday afternoon. I messed up the zip code on my order and e-mailed them. It was after they had closed, but I received a response the very next morning confirming that they had corrected it. Also received shipping information. My package arrived on Thursday. I'll be ordering from them again.

luciep5
7/24/18

I ordered my wigs last week Thursday and it arrived today. I am truly satisfied with Beauty of New York large selections of great quality wigs for the best price. The reason I choose them was because they were the only ones who had my color wigs in stock for the best price. Shipment was not free, but these wigs are well worth it. Also, they are swift in replying to email inquiries.

grayzi
7/23/18

Its been 3 years now im ordering bulk order from them and im receiving all my order correct and costumer service is good. They are giving refund if the items is not available same day also. You can ask a refund if you have problem from the order remember your paying through Paypal. BeautyofNewyork is a good website to order a hair.

cacildat
4/30/18

I wish I could give 0 stars. I used to order from them a lot because they have the Seda conditioner that my entire family uses, but that is no longer. They have the worst customer service of any company I have purchased from. There was an issue with the delivery of my order for the first time ever and their people were incredibly unhelpful. They gave UPS some bogus phone number that does not and has never belonged to me, never followed up with me and when I contacted them, they told me the case was closed because UPS could not get in touch with. I asked for their number so I can contact them and try to see where the problem was and how we could resolve it and they sent a one liner email to contact UPS. Doing business with them is not worth it.

talome
11/23/17

i both 5 wigs but never received themi have called many times but now the number is not working so how do I get the refund or my marchandise

janed231
9/9/17

It looks Nothing like what i see on the site. Its short and not shoulder length. Looks like a clown wig for children to wear on holloween. Just saw a restocking charge, whats the point in returning it?
Will NEVER TELL ANYONE TO ORDER THIS CRAP. I am surprised you are still open for business.

darnised
7/21/17

I order hair from this company that I they stated they shipped but I never received. They then go on to say that they will forward you tracking information, which I never received. I paid 34.99 for hair that was never shipped and the refund they gave me was 18.50. When I called back they stated that it was a restocking fee. What do you need to restock when you never shipped the product? Do not shop here. BAD customer service and just plain stealing consumers money!

calid2
4/12/17

The website is nice and friendly, good prices, purchased over 50.00 of products thinking i was getting free shipping for anything over 49.99, all of sudden its now 59.99, called customer service, both the rep and the supervisor were very nasty, and unwilling to help in the least, why would i pay 15.00 for shipping when i could have a gotten a product for less. Didnt seem to care that they would know longer get my business as i was an existing customer , and had shopped with them many times before. Just bad business!!

miah23
10/21/16

On September 10th I received this in an OP27 which is a 1b that ombre to a 27 ( I buy this color all the time). What I received was a number 4 that went into a number 27. I called about this issue on September 20th, and spoke to a lady that agreed that the website did appear to be a 1B / 27 color. She asked me to email photos and I did. I followed up a couple of days later via email, but got no response. I called on October 21st, spoke to Marco who denied that I ever called, and that they never received an email from me. I resent the email, and he automatically stated that what I received showed on the site, and he don't know why the lady told me it wasnt, because she was wrong.
They will not backup each other or support their customers satisfaction. He told me I can send it back at my expense and I will be charged a 20% restocking fee. For a 8.99 ponytail? I don't think so! The right thing to do would have been to refund me back my money (or store credit) and retained me as a customer for the hundreds of dollars I would have continued to spend, instead of losing me for $8.99.
As a first-time customer, I will NEVER shop here again. Customer service is everything to me and I spent a lot of money here! So just beware, if you have an issue that it will not be resolved in your favor... even if you are not at fault.

annea23
10/5/16

my first time ordering with beauty of new york not good communication 1. my order number on one item 2. hard to understand what was going on with my order with that said fast shipping great prices i got mine the next day everything i ordered advice be a little patient when you call customer service its worth it you save a lot of money on this site thanks!

sharonp51
8/31/16

For a first-time customer, my order was never confirmed.
After waiting 5 days for confirmation I emailed support to be told my order was cancelled!
So if I didn't enquire, I'd have never known.
Now from since 3 days ago they've not sent me not cancellation information with the amount so that my bank could return the monies to my account.
I want my money.
NO PRODUCT, NO PROPER DIALOGUE AND THEY'RE NOT RETURNING MY MONEY.
I WORK VERY HARD AND IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY ORDER AND I'M REFUSED, I EXPECT TO GET BACK MY MONEY,
I'm highly disgusted and disrespected.

joyces49
7/8/16

I ordered 3 wigs. Two were the wrong color
BNY insisted the error was mine but I am certain of what I ordered. They must have substituted these for out of stock items.
When I complained, I was told I could return the wrong wigs, but was NOT ADVISED in advance that they would charge a 20% restocking fee
So I spent over $6 in shipping back the wigs sent in error and lost another $7.20 in restocking.
When I called to complain, the management was implacable
I wrote a negative review and when I tried to submit it, I kept getting messages like "are you sure you want to submit a negative review?"
No matter how many times I tried, my entry was rejected due to "wrong password" "didn't check Captcha " or some other nonsense.
When I applied to reset my password, the entire screen was "lost" so I am writing this again.

desireep5
3/23/16

Only the problem there is Why the closure look like this. It looks like center piece not a middle part closure

latishal
9/15/15

I placed my order for Freetress GOGO Curl hair on 9/10/15 and received today 9/15/15. I couldnt find the hair anywhere so I was glad when I came across Beautyofnewyork.com. I got the exact color I asked for. My tracking number info was incorrect though. It shows for UPS but it actually was FedEx that delivered. Overall, Im happy.

yasmeens
3/25/15

I purchased some hair products from this website and never got it. Called the Post Office to see what happened, they said that the company did not write the complete address, so they sent it back to BONY. I tried to call them many times. Phone does not get answered. EVER!! Wrote them. It took them daaaaays before someone got back to me. And get this. THEY LIED AND LIED, saying that I gave the wrong address. Then they tried making up another excuse. TOTAL lies. And without consulting me, just kept my package and said WE REFUNDED YOU YOUR MONEY. I was left without products after waiting for two or three weeks not knowing what happened to them. WILL NEVER SHOP FRLM THEM AGAIN.

onikat
3/10/15

I love this online site because I was able to order a hard to find color for an item my mom wanted. Order arrived in good condition. Everybody was happy.

sylvias6
2/24/15

Great Prices, Prompt Shipping. I began ordering from this Company in May 2014 when they did not have free shipping. They have really improved with their Website. I've ordered twice from them so far and plan to order again. Just recently discovered their Free Shipping for orders over $49.99; Beauty Of New York is FANTASTIC!

carmenm14
9/5/14

I have ordered from them 3 times and never had a problem. Always received what I ordered in a timely manner. I will continue to use them for the hair I can not find at my local beauty supply

No, my order was correct and delivered very quickly.

By Shandela J.

Questions? Get answers from the BeautyOfNewYork staff and other customers.

1 Photo for BeautyOfNewYork