BackWaterReptiles reviews

Tel: 916-740-9758
sales@backwaterreptiles.com

timeas
9/1/18

I ordered Brazilian baby boa constrictor which had ultimately arrived dead upon arrival. The website for backwater reptiles states that if ordered on a Sunday which is when I had ordered my boa that it would be shipped on Monday and arrive Tuesday morning. Tuesday morning came around and I had no order confirmation absolutely no shipping information and I had at that point sent three emails to backwater reptiles and heard not a word back. Now this was especially crucial because I was going out of town the following day which was supposed to end up better for the snake to give it some time to settle in as they do get very stressed out during change in enclosures. The snake did arrive at my parents house but it did arrive three days later than the shipping label that FedEx had put on there which was already a day later than the stated shipping day from backwater reptiles. This snake lives in 80°F and was packaged in a box that was not even labeled live animals and had no form of a heating packet or anything to even attempt to cater to the animals survival. I am extremely saddened by the loss of the baby boa and lack of care for their animals well-being . Backwater reptile's website had also stated that if there was a delay with FedEx then I would be notified which obviously there was some sort of delay but I had again no form of response or contact initiated by Them. All I have on record is my PayPal receipt of them taking my money. Please don't support a business that lacks so much care. Why is it that I can order a cheap pair of jeans and get more order and shipping information then if I order a live animal? Something isn't right about that. RIP to the baby boa.

maximusn1
12/27/17

Ordered several scorpions all of which were as described and very nice and healthy. Would and probably will do business again. Packaged nicely with all necessary live animal notices on packaging unlike other places as well

leef27
10/8/15

I ordered a $20 tarantula with $39 shipping. There is an alive arrival guarantee and mine showed up to my door step directly from the FedEx guy. I now have a dead tarantula because they provide the spider with zero padding. They put the spider in there to basically die so they can charge you full shipping price again to have the next one sent. Don't spend hundreds for shipping and not receive a live healthy animal. Don't make them suffer. Order from someone else. I have never experienced a company so horrible to their animals.

Questions? Get answers from the BackWaterReptiles staff and other customers.

BackWaterReptiles?