Review of BabiesRUs

contactus@toysrus.com
2017 Customer choice award

andreap102
11/18/17

So I've never ever wrote a review about something or a company but I am extremely upset and have never had such absurd service from a company. I registered with babies r us and target. Target was great! But babies r us was literally unhealthy for me. I had 2 items I wanted to purchase on my own from my Registry after receiving my completion coupon which was the crib mattress and the bedding set. I received my completion coupon by mail and by email and I log on to purchase my items. As I'm ready to check out my coupon code turns out invalid... so I call costumer service. I had to be on the phone for 2 hours !!!! 2 hours .... with this lady who I believe had no idea on how to help me but I remained patient. She then tells me "can you hold a second" and I said "okay..." and she hangs up on me. So I'm furious!! She had my email, she had my phone number so I waited a couple of days to see if she would call me back or I would receive my problem fixed by email and nothing. So I call costumer service again... and I ask to speak to a supervisor and the supervisor refuses to take my call. I'm holding for 40 minutes as the employee is trying to help me and transfer the call to "higher power" and finally a supervisor decided to take my call. She doesn't take the fact that I had to spend now 2hrs and 40 mins on the phone to get my code as a matter and just moves on to getting my order done. She places the order for me and I'm thinking maybe after she will at least apologize for everything I've had to go trough just to place an order with them. But no... she places my order and then tells me the only available store for the items to be dropped off are in Roseville, and I'm like wait... what?? I thought the items would be delivered to me? She said no ... that the order would be arriving at this store.
At this point I didn't care to go pick it up at a store. Whatever ... I didn't even think to check to see how far away Roseville was. I mean it just had to be the nearest store to me right ? I check to see after I Hangup and Roseville store is 3 hours away from me !!!!!!
I was livid.
I didn't even wanna have to deal with costumer service for another 2 hours plus I really liked the bedding set so I decided I'd just go pick up my order and about a week later I have the time to go and pick up my items, I'm really upset but it's whatever now I'm just going to pick up my items and never do business with them again right? ...
so i get to the store with my barcodes for the items I purchased for pick up and the girl is having a hard time finding them. I show them the email confirming that my items had arrived there and she calls her supervisor. The supervisor then tells me that my order had been canceled.
Im 37 weeks pregnant.. I literally was about to have a melt down. I felt my tummy get so hard and a stabbing pain at how angry I was that I was just about to start crying there but I'm trying to hold myself together and try to explain everything I've gone through and now this. I never got an email or nothing saying my items were cancelled. So they go to the back trying to see if the items I ordered were still available and no one had purchased them after 20 mins ..they find them in the back. So then the supervisor tells me that I had been refunded for the bedding but not the mattress so I would have to repay for it. So I pay .... i get my items and try to move on with my day. I call my mom to vent to her about my experience with babies r us and she said "please check your account ... make sure they didn't try stealing your money" so I laughed like that would really just over do things so I go look at my bank account and I had 2 transactions back to back within a minute... one for $120 (the bedding) which I paid at the store right? And then I had a second transaction right after that one for $297 from babiesrus.com
but why??
I call the store and they tell me i need to contact costumer service (great!) Im on the phone for 30 minutes and the girl tells me that I should of never been charged at the store in the 1st place ...
and she's trying to transfer my call to higher power. I'm on hold for 20 mins and she then tells me that someone will contact me about the issue, she gets my phone number and no one calls me back.
The stress and anger they've caused me is not healthy for me or my baby. This is my first child, I didn't expect to have to go through something like this just to get my babies items together. I wonder what hell im gonna be put through just to get my money back that they stole. Im going to take a few days off from dealing with this terrible company because as I said, I'm 37 weeks pregnant and I'd hate for all this stress to cause me to go into labor early as I started to get pains yesterday.

jacquelyni1
11/9/17

I frequently shop here for my little one. Always always always happy with my purchases and the little one is even happier when she gets new toys and clothes. I've never had an issue shopping here, except one teeny tiny issue. Clerk on my last visit had an attitude that would make the devil cry, but I chalked it up to a bad day. Everyone gets one! Keep up the good work otherwise.

louiseh45
10/12/17

I shopped at this store 2 1/2 yrs ago with my daughter and new grandson. They had a very good selection of items and courteous help, but were a little too pricey for my taste. We purchased some of the same items at Wal-Mart at a much better price. BabiesRU's did have some things that we couldn't find anywhere else.

wendyw115
10/10/17

Scary to store to go into because I know I'll end up spending too much Good chooses though which makes me spend

jennaf22
9/4/17

I purchased two items from this store in the past month. One was an exersaucer which once I opened the box was used and broken, next I traveled to Florida and went to purchase a bumbo seat. I took the only seat that was in a closed box, the rest in the aisle were opened. Once I got home I saw the bottom of the box was scotch taped shut, the seat had markings all over it and literally smelled like crap. This store truely disgusts me that they can tape up boxes and resell used returned items. When it comes to small babies, no parent should ever take a situation like this lightly. I will never shop at this store again. Buybuy baby has never disappointed and I wish there was one closer to where I'm staying currently.

deseraep
8/27/17

Baby registry helped A LOT with both my girls, even 7 years apart. And, aside from registry they always have what I'm looking for and good deals for online shopping and shipping. Nothing bad to say, site does what it's meant for. Let's me shop from home when I want with fair shipping prices. And easy access to rewards/deals. Don't know what more you'd want/expect the site to do. It's easy to use, I think my mom could figure it out even (and she can't even handle input, wifi or netflix) Love babies r us.

brendac108
8/19/17

Went into Milton Keynes branch today asked a young female where baby bouncers were answer somewhere in the baby section then said go to the collect counter found the bouncers none on display asked another young female if there were on display s) answer no showed me another shelf one in a completely torn box asked if I could see it out no it's in to many parts was the answer so I walked out I want to buy one that goes quite flat can't judge from a picture never go there again I saw one on website forgot what it was like if they would have had it I wouldn't have been able to see it wont go there again going to try mother are and kid discare

pamelat25
8/14/17

I've tried for 2 weeks now to purchase items from your online site for my new granddaughter, due to arrive in September. After seeing that I could receive an additional 15% off, I applied for the 'R Us' card, and I was approved immediately. I printed out the '15% off' form that has the application key code on it, but when I tried to print off the temporary shopping pass, the page went blank. I tried several more times to place my order. Finally, I just decided to wait until the card came in the mail. So, card received and activated, and when I tried to place my order online just an hour ago, it would not accept the Application Key Code for the 15% off and gives me an error. This is THE MOST un-friendly website I have ever dealt with and I am extremely unhappy with this service. I have already missed the baby shower (it was on 8/5). My only alternative is to go direct to the store to make my purchases, and all I have to say is they had better accept the 15% credit coupon, and I had better receive the online pricing. If not, I will go elsewhere and pay full price, as far as I'm concerned this is a SCAM.

joannal21
7/26/17

Ordered item July 18th for July 27 Baby Shower
Item was supposed to arrive between July 24 - 26
Didn't ship til July 24
Not here yet!?%$#@

sherryb58
7/24/17

I had twin boys and babies r us had everything I needed for them . Expecially as new parents safety is top priority and comfort for our little ones , they have top name brands . All safety features that is parents want and need for our peace of mind and the beautiful items wow

pipoym
2/10/17

Love the fact that this website is having all my need for my baby. It is so convenient and so fast. It has an affordable price. The quality of the items are good. It has everything you need, you just have to click it. Nice website.

carmenv9
1/27/17

We went there to look for a pillow for an infant. It was not available in that branch and they even help us find in other branches where it is available. They were able to place an order for us online so there is no need for us to go with our lil one. Good items for babies and they have membership for your lil one and be a VIP on your childs birthday

kathys150
1/6/17

While BabiesRUS is definitely over priced, at least they do have a large selection. A few weeks ago I needed some items in a pinch and was able to get everything in one go at the local BabiesRUs store. I highly recommend them to anyone in the need of babie stuff. Also, I do enjoy going here to get items for babie showers and birthdays for little ones.

jessicab191
12/5/16

Went in to buy a car seat and the lady was amazing at her job and helpped me to make an informed decision as to which car seat to get that matched our babies needs x

triciat1
11/7/16

I shopped there for my daughter. Items were as seen however packaging was disasterous to my bank account mainly because I was using a skybox courier to ship to my country. Packages where shipped separately and there was no option to consolidate. Other than that no complaints.

paightyna
11/1/16

great

michellea99
10/11/16

Everything I have ordered for my baby has been a great price and arrived quickly. They make online purchasing easy.

meganr39
9/27/16

Good search and sort

kristinw25
9/13/16

Always get what I order on time

billiep4
9/13/16

This site is fairly easy to navigate and they have many items and a variety of name brands to choose from.

kettouz
9/11/16

I wished to be a baby! Want to make your baby happy and sweet? Don'hesitate to visit the website!!!

joshuas76
8/4/16

Lighting fast shipping! Great communication! Easy transaction! Perfect!

laural116
7/12/16

Love shopping there

suec65
6/20/16

Always a good experience and quality items.

aaronp31
6/14/16

I love it

17 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the BabiesRUs staff and other customers.

BabiesRUs?