AutoMoves CA

AutoMoves CA has a consumer rating of 3.36 stars from 109 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with AutoMoves CA most frequently mention great service. AutoMoves CA ranks 5th among Auto Other sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 43.8%

• Car was Delivered to me in 7 days as promised and In good condition.
  • Delivery took 8 days from booking and I paid at their Toronto office.

• They take the car and store it and try to scam as much money as they can.
  • The manager of this company called himself Andy Leeds, cell phone 416-995-6148.
How would you rate AutoMoves CA?

“Very helpful!”

Thomas C.
9/9/20

I purchased a few classics out in Alberta and needed them brought down to my farm Near London, Ontario. Most carriers I had contacted would not touch a non running Vehicle let alone accommodate transport across the country. Mark was very helpful with Coordinating the shipment, talking to the seller and making sure all the parts come along With my purchase. Happy I found them!

“DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY”

Luc B.
3/10/21

I shipped my 2017 F150 from Alberta to New Brunswick and it was delivered with 1000$+ damage to it. After talking to Andrejs back and fourth for a couple weeks it seemed like they were going to pay for the damage, But now Andrejs won't answer any of my phone calls and emails. I've also read more about this company and they use family and friends to leave reviews to boost up their star rating. So I will repeat myself Do NOT use this company EVER.

car (56) 7 days (5) andy leeds (6) 8 days (6) point b (3) 2 months (3) customer service (3) toronto office (3)
lucb45
March 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

johnl4069
July 5th, 2021

I could go on for days about how corrupt and dishonest this business is. Asked for money up front, delays loading my vehicle, delays shipping across the country with no contact for over 2 weeks. Damage to my vehicle when received. Claimed they would cover cost of damage. No claim department even existed as they advised me would handle the claim. Continues to ignore phone calls. Do yourself a favour and use another business. These guys are crooks and should be investigated and locked up.

Tip for consumers:
Stay away, they will take your money and run

fredp243
November 5th, 2021

I contacted them and they had the best price. I asked for a contract to review and they said their email was enough. They do not have any contract. You pay and pray. You never see what insurance is in place to cover your vehicle ( If any). No proof you won't pay thousands more (See CBC article). It sounds insane …. Best of luck to those of you who want cheap.

Products used:
Could not provide any proof of anything related to the contract because they do not use one.

daniellel291
February 18th, 2021

I was too concerned coz that's my first car- Audi A4. Well, AutoMoves exceed expectations I had and shipped the car carefully. Fine services.

dawnw507
August 20th, 2021
Verified purchase

My son's car was shipped from Alberta to Nova Scotia the car was supposed to arrive 10-12 days when the car never arrived he tried calling the office and had a hard time getting someone on the phone. When he finally did after leaving a message they said his car was in Ontario, he asked what was the location so he could get it picked up by someone else they wouldn't get him the exact location. They said the truck was broke down and it will be here at the end of the week, now it's 2 weeks later and still no car and we can't get a hold of anyone. This company is ridiculous.

Believe the reviews

Vehicle shipping

bradk168
August 31st, 2020

Automoves supplied a quote and assured me everything would be fine they would pick-up the vehicle contact the seller and load my vehicle in a middle position. None of that was communicated to the trucker no confirmation from theri dispatch after promising calls back on 2 different days. No confirmation back when I cancelled the move and to the point they did not contact their trucker as the first he found out about it is when he asked for the pickup location a day later. Would not recommend this service to anyone who wants answers or on time delivery

johnj1560
August 7th, 2020

This operations is a scam. DO NOT USE this " so called company " two people work here by the name of Andrejs and Lynette. Absolute scam artists. Did not deliver vehicle as promised. This company needs to be investigated for FRAUD. Automoves must automatically move away and avoid your calls once they get your money

Tip for consumers:
SCAM artists, Thieves, do not answer phones once they get your money.

thomasc1159
September 9th, 2020

With my purchase. Happy I found them!

errolr9
July 11th, 2020

Do not use worst company I ever delt with take your money then won't contact. 3 days late picking up car. Then wouldn't answer messages. When the car got here $770. Worth of damage. Said they didn't do it but driver confirmed it. Now can't get in contact. Stay away from this company. Should be put out of business.

meravn2
October 23rd, 2020

Definitely not recommending to use Automoves.ca
Delivery took an extra month, charged us extra then the agreed price, vehicle was damaged and items were missing.
Called and emailed several months for compensation or explanation and until today no reply from them.

kevinc1041
July 6th, 2020

I booked transit with Automoves, who required payment up front. That should have been the first red flag, but it was a rush job. I held the payment until the scheduled pickup date, and then they failed to show. That was three weeks ago.

Since then, they won't answer the phone, they keep passing me between contacts, and nobody will process a simple refund. All the voicemail boxes are full, and they have sketchy names like "WestJet Reservations" when you're leaving a response.

I suspect they're on the way out of business, so I guess I'm lucky they just have my money and not my vehicle.

Save yourself, use any other vehicle shipper!

chloej41
August 27th, 2020

I had never used a car transport service before. I received a call from Mark after getting an extremely high quote from another company. Mark immediately told me not to worry and that he would take care of the issue. Within minutes he gave me the best possible quote that beat the competition by $200. Not only that, the assigned driver was fast and friendly. He communicated with me the entire time until my car was delivered right to my door step. I can recommend Automoves to anyone without hesitation. I will be using them whenever I need car transport services again.

namana
April 7th, 2020

Worst company ever. My car was supposed to arrive in a couple weeks, it has been a month now. They're creating fake issues. I swear if I don't get my vehicle soon or damaged, this company will have a lawsuit at their hands, these scammers.

keving618
July 22nd, 2020

Shipping was late, lack of communication, damage to vehicle, would not respond to numerous calls and emails. Do yourself a favour and use another service.

carmenh27
December 11th, 2016

I hired Automoves to help deliver my vehicle from St John's, NL to Toronto, ON. The quoting process was easy, I got a call back and email the same day. Mark arranged our booking and setup drop off date. My car arrived as promised, within 8 days (I was told 7 to 10) and I picked it up from Automoves warehouse in Mississauga. All in all very pleasant experience given that I have never shipped my car before. I would have given 5 stars, however, I could not pay my bill with a credit card which was somewhat of a bummer. But the company advised of this ahead of time so in the end all is well.

minal13
December 16th, 2016

I hired Automoves to deliver my Honda Civic
From Calgary to Mississauga. The company
Allowed me to leave summer tires and some
Personal effects in the vehicle. Car was
Delivered to me in 7 days as promised and
In good condition. Good experience overall.

jenniferm3297
August 13th, 2021

This was one of the worse decisions I have ever made. Car took 2.5 weeks longer then we were told and I never once got a response to my inquires to its whereabouts. Finally I was told delivery would be made the next day waited all day no answer or response to the online chat, text or phone calls. Finally reached Lynette via chat the next day she gave address where the car was and we had to pick up ourselves. As you have to pay for the shipping and I paid extra for delivery to me I am now chasing them with no responses for the delivery refund of $250.00. My next call is to the fraud department at my local police station. These people are liars and thieves I am not sure how they can sleep at night!

madeleinev7
August 17th, 2020

This is the second time I have used Automoves and they were just as good this time as before. Pickup was on time with a thorough inspection of the vehicle and it was delivered earlier than promised. Our driver Albert was the same as before and remembered us, the pickup and delivery addresses. Everything went very smoothly this time as it did previously. I would definitely recommend this company to my friends and family.

juliete15
November 16th, 2021

This will be my second review about this company, online if I read the reviews before doing business with them. Ship you cars with them at your own risk. Go through their website you will notice they don't pick calls because I guess I am not the only one they are disappointing, and also you don't even know who to deal with because everyone of them keep saying it not their department, they are also rude, worst company so far, I regret ever coming across them in Canada, as we speak I don't know the where about of my car, the tracking number that was provided doesn't work, until I get my car I am going to keep coming here daily to give update. I am sure all the good reviews are fake, they just want to keep defrauding people of there money and car. My prayer is Canada government should close down this company very fast before they spoil the image of business in Canada. I am going to sue them soon.

tshiyoyom
December 9th, 2020

These ppl are fraud their lied about the service they can provide for ppl... once your vehicle is on their hand ur pretty much screw cause thier won't answer phone and ur car won't get to the destination on time I've been calling and writing to these ppl for the last week wanting to kno whwre my vehicle is and its been a Rollercoaster

shells9
September 14th, 2020

The incredible lack of communication led us to believe our car was stolen. We filed a stolen vehicle claim with the RCMP, Consumer Investigations Alberta also has an open investigation into this business and contacted us for our report, we were not the only people to file a stolen vehicle claim against the company. They CANNOT guarantee their delivery times as they do not have their own transport, they hire third parties and they cannot be held to the delivery time expectations of this company. They are basically a broker for moving cars. Our vehicle was suppose to have left Alberta on August 14, delivery time guaranteed 12-14 days, well on day 15 no car, day 18 RCMP called, day 19 told the car would be arriving the following day, day 26 still no car, day 27 with pressure from the RCMP, Consumer investigations, threat of a civil suit, threat to call CBC and everyone we know calling them because they were screen our calls, we finally got the car on day 28. You do not need this kind of stress in your life. Please, do not use this company.

keving862
January 29th, 2021

Do not use this service, very unprofessional, ignores my calls. Vehicle delivered with damage. I would rate them 0 stars if the site allowed it.

Tip for consumers:
They do not have a claims department. This outfit is poorly managed

lairdh
July 26th, 2021

I almost fell prey to the automoves scam I contacted them to move my car, and everything seemed good until I tried to drop it off. At the wrong address that had been wrong for a couple years. When I got to the right address (after contacting the warehouse directly because they wouldn't pick up), the warehouse seemed very confused. There was no paperwork, no details, nothing. I had to catch a plane, so I very reluctantly left my car there, and the situation was so sketchy I decided to research the company more. Found some reviews, and realised if I ever wanted to see my car in time or in good shape it would be best to ditch automoves. Which I did and found a good company - any other company is better. Then when I let them know I'm not going with that company, they claim I owe $500 and will not release the vehicle until I pay. What a complete and total joke. I've already spoken to the warehouse, that company is not a company, it's a scam.

moshr
September 6th, 2020

Paid for three cars to be shipped to Ontario. Recieved email regarding the cars being in Toronto to be shipped out and and delivered to me. They requested payment to release the vechicles, they recieved payment and they gave me the runaround and made multiple dumb excuses to why my vechicles were not delivered. Gave me the runaround for 3 weeks and I harrased them everyday inquiring about my vechicles. They took off my roof rack withiot informing me. Don't get fooled by this company very unprofessional and shady.

binoj
August 14th, 2021

I had the worst experience with this $#*! company (Automoves) I recently moved to Alberta and contacted this company to move my car. The booking agent named "Lynette" gave me the details of a person named "Sam - SSS Transport" and asked me to contact him for the pick up of my vehicle. Now this person "Sam" has stopped working with automoves past 2 years because of some money issues. Since this booking agent (Lynette) gave me this person contact and I called him and gave my car to him to be moved to Alberta on 06/23/2021. My nightmare started from then this person took my car and never gave to automoves. Finally I have to fly down to Torronto to get my car from Sam and then contacted automoves.
Another worst experience started by then due to constant calling both the parties has blocked my number. Lynette will never pickup the call when I called. The address they mentioned in the invoice is also not correct as its showing Etobicoke but the office is situated in Mississauga (Torronto).
Now the main person named "Andrejs - dispatch guy" very sweet in talking but always tell lies. I got my car back in Alberta on 08/05/2021. Andrejs promised me to reimburse all the expenses that happen because of Lynette for her carelessness and yesterday he promised me that the amount will be transferred to my account. So am all set to raise a police complaint and meet a lawyer to file a case of fraud.

NEVER TRUST THIS COMPANY - AUTOMOVES.CA

This company will scam you, false names and false promises. Don't be fooled. These guys will get what they deserve as they continue to operate a shady business

By John L.