AutoMoves.ca

AutoMoves.ca has a consumer rating of 3.42 stars from 77 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. AutoMoves.ca also ranks 15th among Auto Other sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 41.7%

• I was provided with a written quote that remained the same and my vehicle arrived in 7 days as promised.
  • only 8 days and even though I paid a little more

• They take the car and store it and try to scam as much money as they can.
  • the manager of this company called himself Andy Leeds, cell phone 416-995-6148.
How would you rate AutoMoves.ca?

“No damage or other issues”

Marcel G.
8/11/20

Had to move my Ford Mustang across country during a military PCS from Alberta to Ontario, while I drove our second car. Mark from Toronto office set up the move, the drivers were prompt and professional, and the car basically beat us across the country, which meant I could take delivery the day after we arrived. No damage or other issues with the car or the delivery. Will likely use the service again during my next PCS.

“Criminals”

John J.
8/7/20

This operations is a scam. DO NOT USE this " so called company " two people work here by the name of Andrejs and Lynette. Absolute scam artists. Did not deliver vehicle as promised. This company needs to be investigated for FRAUD. Automoves must automatically move away and avoid your calls once they get your money

car (49) 7 days (5) andy leeds (6) 8 days (6) point b (3) 2 months (3) customer service (3)
johnj1560
August 7th, 2020

Tip for consumers: SCAM artists, Thieves, do not answer phones once they get your money.

errolr9
July 11th, 2020
Do not use worst company I ever delt with take your money then won't contact. 3 days late picking up car. Then wouldn't answer messages. When the car got here $770. Worth of damage. Said they didn't do it but driver confirmed it. Now can't get in contact. Stay away from this company. Should be put out of business.
kevinc1041
July 6th, 2020
I booked transit with Automoves, who required payment up front. That should have been the first red flag, but it was a rush job. I held the payment until the scheduled pickup date, and then they failed to show. That was three weeks ago.

Since then, they won't answer the phone, they keep passing me between contacts, and nobody will process a simple refund. All the voicemail boxes are full, and they have sketchy names like "WestJet Reservations" when you're leaving a response.

I suspect they're on the way out of business, so I guess I'm lucky they just have my money and not my vehicle.

Save yourself, use any other vehicle shipper!
marcelg33
August 11th, 2020
mauricet33
August 7th, 2020
This was my 3rd car transported with Automoves. I had no problems. The car arrived in 6 days from Edmonton to Toronto. Fast, efficient service. No damage.
michaelr2403
August 9th, 2020
Very please with service provided. My car was delivered within promised time frame and the price was affordable. Online chat support was very helpful with answering my questions. Driver was mindful of the current virus situation and used gloves and a mask when handling the car.
davetl1
August 7th, 2020
Everything went very smooth. Automoves Calary office was very communicative and helpful. The shipping company called a few days before pick-up and drop off. Delivery was on time and as expected.
namana
April 7th, 2020
Worst company ever. My car was supposed to arrive in a couple weeks, it has been a month now. They're creating fake issues. I swear if I don't get my vehicle soon or damaged, this company will have a lawsuit at their hands, these scammers.
josephb410
November 6th, 2018
Had my Mercedes GTS delivered from Mercedes Downtown Calgary
To Toronto earlier this October. Mark explained all the

Details and arranged a pick up in 3 days. Their enclosed

Service cost was $400.00 less than competition and the

Delivery time was exactly one week. Lady at their Queensway

Toronto location was very professional and accommodated

After hours delivery to my condo. Very happy with service

And value provided.
keving618
July 22nd, 2020
Shipping was late, lack of communication, damage to vehicle, would not respond to numerous calls and emails. Do yourself a favour and use another service.
erich461
February 24th, 2019
Automoves came recommended by my cousin who moved to Alberta earlier last year. He had a smooth experience and so was mine. Glad there are trustworthy businesses like Automoves.
nadirm11
December 5th, 2018
Professional team! I entrusted my BMW shipment to Automoves back in September, but am only now writing this. I was quoted good price and reasonable timeframe. Sceptical at first, but had a good feeling, and glad I went with my intuition. The communication was clear, straight forward process and good service. Highly recommend these guys to anyone who needs their car shipped.
zrt
March 22nd, 2019
Scam, this company do not deserve to have any business, it took 4 month and 2200$ to get my car shipped from ottawa to vancouver, car arrived damaged, missing a light, and paint are scratched, they dodge my calls, do not replay email(unless you talk about money, instant reply!), do not reply text, they cost me thousands of dollars on repair and car rental, dishonest and rude people, never give them your business, I have pics and text, email history to back me up.
jackh255
March 17th, 2019
I booked my transport through Automoves website and after chatting with Mark and few email exchanges with Ruta we made arrangements for door to door delivery. The driver showed up as promised, competed vehicle inspection and provided me with a copy of my bill of lading. I could do the payment online via etransfer after my vehicle departed. Very straightforward transaction!
tamarak40
November 30th, 2018
Have been using Automoves for many years, and I guess it's time I gave them some public credit. The company is great, very professional and personable. Occasional hiccups, but no one is perfect. We always send them bulk delivery requests, and always hear "absolutely, will be done." We get our cars in reasonable time frames and without a single damage. "If it ain't broken, why fix it?" is my motto to change, with this said, we will continue using Automoves Ltd for our vehicle shipments for as long as their service remains as good as it's been so far.
mariet139
April 8th, 2019
Hi, I'm not going to make this long so here my experience. Speedy booking on calls and emails but that's it once they get your car nothing! Shipped my car from ontario to bc, late days picking it up ( lost work waiting) than no paperwork showing up, no replies till car got there after 4 weeks when told 8 days. Car was spotless when it left, when I got it was filthy inside and out! Totally stressful situation would NEVERRRRRR recommend them EVERRRR! BEWARE!
teriv7
March 16th, 2019
Easy to find and compare the price. Easy to pay. From start to finish Automoves provided A+ service. I do recommend them, Thank you so much.
tozunb
July 17th, 2018
A car I shipped from Ontario to Alberta arrived with numerous damages done to the body and the engine. Other complaints: 1. The car was 2/3 full with gas but arrived 1/3 full, indicating that it was driven part of the way; 2. A pair of boots shipped in the trunk is missing. Have not answered multiple emails and calls. I'll refer the matter to Consumer Protection Ontario, and will seek legal remedies.
katharinac2
September 9th, 2018
These fraud artists were quick and efficient at scoring our business, promising to ship our vehicle faster and cheaper than any other company we researched. The whole experience became a nightmare from start to finish, our truck went missing for some time and it ended up costing us more once we found it! It was never delivered to it's designated destination! The list goes on and on and on, lost multiple nights of sleep over this one. Research your moving company, we learned our lesson the hard way! It is most unfortunate these clowns are able to run a business this way and get away with it!
jessieb81
May 6th, 2019
We Shipped a Mini
Cooper to Ottawa and back for one our ad agency clients. We were on specific
Schedule and had to make sure appropriate timelines were met. At a slight
Premium Automoves managed our logistics requirements and made the whole
Process seem easier than it was. Job well done!
ryanm413
September 14th, 2019
The owner is an $#*! who pretends to be running a big company so he can't be bothered to answer the phone and in the end charge you with daily storage fee

In reality this is just a small corp with one man amd one outsourced secretary (who also don't answer the phone) sitting in a small rented dirty warehouse unit
ventoniaj
February 18th, 2019
Automoves staff was very friendly and patient with me during the booking process. I had never shipped a car before or moved long distance so having someone explain each step of the process was very helpful. I'm very thankful I found this company.
robertb1432
March 12th, 2019
I booked Automoves for my relocation back to St. John's, NL. There was no way I would drive my car across Canada in this winter. It took 18 days in total but was well worth the wait and cost.
cheryld190
September 20th, 2019
Automoves shipped my Toyota Prius from Calgary Alberta earlier this month. I was referred by my realtor friend in Toronto and took advantage of being able to ship personal items inside the car. Delivery took 8 days from booking and I paid at their Toronto office.
traceyb118
February 10th, 2019
My husband got a new job offer in Toronto and we had to make a few swift decisions regarding our personal belongings and family vehicles. The new employer required us to provide a few shipping quotes and Automoves offer came in as the most competitive one. We were offered a family discount based on our 3 vehicles and the service was great.

I suspect they're a scam. They don't answer the phone, they don't respond to messages, and they don't show up to pick up your vehicle when they promise.

By Kevin C.