Review of ASDA

Leeds, WYORK LS11 5AD, UK
Tel: 0800 952 0101

laural455
4/18/19

Asda used to be a big brand name for the cheapest products and they best customer service. But those days are gone I don't know if they are annoying the staff so much behind the scenes that they hate there job. They are rude and pushy at the tills especially the self service. It's like your annoying them for having to ask them where items are and they either say I don't know end of conversation or point to it and tell you where it is. They never smile and are flat our annoyed if they need to come and help you several times at the self service till. It's not my fault your machine is saying I need you I never asked for your help the machine did. Here I am shopping and spending money to keep your store open and pay your wages your not working for free. The staff are always chatting making it uncomfortable if you need to interrupt to ask them something I advice you do this with caution. Really disappointed to the point I've changed my food store I can't shop in a store with a bunch of rude and unhelpful staff that make me feel unwanted and stupid if I need help.

rebeccal76
5/19/17

They have so much stuff it's quite hard to navigate and find exactly what you are looking for. Spent a long time on the site and then it crashed. Not the best user experience but hope they can improve it.

garyh132
7/5/16

Some good products / Some not worth buying

nileh
7/2/16

do all my house hold food shopping there fast and saves running round the town

clairem38
3/31/16

I've used the online ordering and collect in store service a few times now but the service actually seems to be getting worse rather than better.

The past few orders I've had, I've had to contact them to complain about something that's wrong etc. Online ordering & free collection should make your life a bit easier but I've found with ASDA it definitely doesn't.

Poor attitudes in store too when you go to collect items, poor quality of the children's clothes/shoes (they used to be great). Seems to be going downhill so will definitely be trying elsewhere in future.

gennym
3/30/15

I used to buy all my kids clothes from here but in recent times I have found they have become more expensive but the quality hasn't improved. Delivery charges and times are ok but I rarely purchase clothes anymore from them, the women's clothes are expensive and often shapeless.
I also used to do all my online grocery shopping with Asda but again I have switched to another online store since the delivery service was lacking. I was getting late deliveries with no apology, items were often out of stock and the substitutes given were completely useless or food was sent that was due to expire in around 48hr. My last time using them my delivery didn't arrive at all, I kept calling but you can only get through to a South African call centre who can't do anything, I then had to wait for a refund as I had the driver lying saying he had tried to deliver but I hadn't been in, then they tried saying it had been delivered and back and forth etc. it was ridiculous. I haven't used them since.

andreaf21
10/21/14

Asda Opticians, the worse that you can get, bad manners, poor attitude, bad robot all round.

dannyc24
7/11/14

They "ASDA" right attitude for me.

Having read through the various bad reviews for ASDA, I think I must be shopping in a parallel ASDA internet world. Ah! Maybe I am, or is it the £3.00(yes £3.00) a bottle ASDA red wine I hear you cry. Anyway, I have regularly ordered my groceries online and have found the service & quality to be excellent. They almost always deliver on time, well two late deliveries in three years ain't bad and one of them was due to the amount of snow but ASDA still delivered. The items I receive are nearly always of good quality and well within their use-by-dates. On the very odd occasion that an item of food is either poor quality or missing from the order, I phone the customer services and they issue a refund with no questions asked. The ASDA delivery drivers are without exception helpful and polite, the pickers (no not the country and western type!) seem to take care and choose fresh items well. What about substitutes I hear you say. Well, footballs not really..... Oh, sorry I see what you mean. Yes, we all get substituted from time to time, and generally ASDA substitutes are spot on. Invariably they will substitute with a more expensive item but only charge for the original item ordered. If though, a substituted item is not wanted; just send it back, also the driver will refund you there and then.

I would have no hesitation in recommending asda.com for online grocery shopping or their Kendal store for making the delivery happen.

kennethw22
4/13/14

ASDA Are we really better off?

In my prolonged experience with ASDA Customer Services, the answer to this question is an unhesitant and resounding NO.

To shorten a long and convoluted story, I received the delivery for an order (Order No: 14630751543) I placed online on the 23rd of January. I was recovering from a back injury at the time, and the gentleman who delivered the order was kind enough to carry it into my kitchen for me. After I received the paperwork and he had left, I began checking the contents of my order against the paperwork, and was shocked and dismayed to find that about HALF the items had been left out of the order, items which I had still been charged for... And, even more horrifying, the amount charged on the paperwork does NOT correspond to the amount that ASDA had debited from my bank account.

I have now made FIVE unanswered and totally ignored phone calls to ASDA regarding this. Each time I hear promises and promises from the charming, yet totally moronic, Customer Service Advisors who assure me that a manager will ring me back, and then attempt to pacify me with more promises of compensation in the form of e-vouchers the voucher will show up automatically on your account. Well, the e-vouchers are yet to appear, and, surprise, surprise, I am still waiting. It is now almost three months since this happened, and I am now not very optimistic that I will ever get a reply. I have NEVER in my life encountered such a useless Customer Services Department. I am absolutely revolted and disgusted with ASDA. In essence, they have STOLEN money from me. I have been charged for items that I had not received, and now they just stubbornly ignore it.

I urge other consumers to exercise extreme caution when online shopping at ASDA, and be certain to check the paperwork against what is taken out of your bank account afterwards. Personally, I will never shop at ASDA again, and I actively encourage people not to shop online at ASDA either.

sergejk
12/9/13

Not a bad choice. 5 just for the price.

keitha6
12/1/13

This review is about ASDA as a whole not the website as a warning to others about how they THINK they can get away with treating people. Unfortunately I can only give it a 1 star it should be negative stars!!!!!

In the last (I think) 3 weeks there has been 2 incidents. First one was we ordered shopping to be delivered but we get a phone call saying the van had been in an accident but we would get our delivery that day. They short of it was the delivery time came and went but no delivery and I spent a bit of time phoning about to find out what was happening. Think it was 3 calls to their so called customer service which is really a line to call and just get a reply - we cant help you. After phoning the store direct we were told that THEY told customer service that no one who had not been delivered to would get their orders that day. We had to then wast our time to quickly drive to that store and manually do the shop. By the way this is the second time they have used this excuse in the last say 3 months. They do not have spare vans/drivers for when this does happen. I even asked them because this was the second time they used this reason if they trained their drivers as demolition derby drivers.

Issue 2 happened today. We placed an order on the night but this morning found we had to go out. I phoned the (so called useless) customer service number and explained and asked for it to be put back if possible. They said they could not push it back as much as I wanted but not to worry as even though the time slot was 2-4 it was actually in for 3-4. Short of it is we did manage to get back for 2.40pm only to find they had called just after 2pm. Spent several minutes on the phone again to customer service over this issue only to basically be told tough luck your not getting it today. My response was as an equal - you just lost a customer, you are also getting some free advertising as well of the bad sort and i will be issuing a formal complaint to head office as well.

lindseyw12
11/12/13

Asda offer such a great choice of things at such competitive prices! I have bought toys, clothes food, footwear, things for the home, gifts....Every single experience has been a good one - I will use asda.com again and again.

rosea16
10/17/12

asda was ok, had a few items not recieved and customer service was a little slow, but overall i would shop again

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the ASDA staff and other customers.

ASDA?