Review of Armstrong Steel

5889 Greenwood Plaza Boulevard
Englewood, CO 80111, US
Tel: +1-800-345-4610
customer.service@armstrongsteel.com
Ready for a steel building? Get your quote here!
Get Quote

nickw161
3/15/19

Smooth and easy process. They walk you through the process step by step. I bought a 30x40x14 hobby workshop. They give you almost every option under the sun on what you would like to do with your building. Great people and very helpful

jenniferj177
2/3/18

My husband and I have plans for building a live-work environment to simplify our lives and have a better quality of life. A steel building is ideal. We are just in the initial stages and I reached out to many steel building companies for quotes and to educate myself. Armstrong Steel is the only company that followed through and did exactly what they said they would do when they said they would do it. Quotes were prompt and delivered on the timeline they told me to expect. All my questions were answered without making me feel rushed or like I was putting them out. They took all the time I needed so I could understand thoroughly. They told me repeatedly their goal was to help me navigate this process in a way that made me feel comfortable and confident every step of the way. I am looking forward to working with them to see our plan take shape from paper drawings to the beautiful structure they are so thoughtfully helping me design. I have to give a special thank you to Alex Searls. His patience with all my questions and nervousness about all of it as I said to him often I dont know what I dont know deserves recognition. My confidence that the unknown unknowns are a fraction of what they were just a week ago is 100% to his credit. Hes very good at what he does.

richardb387
11/29/17

I spoke with Robert Gorr, who is very experienced and Robert walked me through the whole process (I had never signed an e-check before and he and his folks were really helpful). I will recommend Robert and company to anyone interested in buying a steel building.

simonc86
10/14/17

services are ok, product's description was clarified when we were headed to get order. Not highly recommended.

scotte40
5/28/16

I love working on cars and small engines, so much so that people from all over town actually come to visit me and ask if Ill work on their engines. Ive become the unofficial town mechanic! Of course, whats a mechanic without a place to work? I called Armstrong and got a workshop even a professional grease monkey would appreciate. I was able to put a car lift in the building to broaden my abilities, too. Everyone always compliments me on how the garage is so spacious. I absolutely love it.

Response from Brooke G., Armstrong Steel Representative
Thank you so much for the positive review Scott. We're so glad you love your shop!
todda22
5/23/16

I would recommend Armstrong Steel to anyone. My entire process was smooth from beginning to end. Any time myself or the builders had questions, they were answered right away. I truly love my new expansion for work out space! Thank you Armstrong!

Response from Brooke G., Armstrong Steel Representative
Thank you Todd! We appreciate the positive review. Please let us know if we can assist you in the future!
ronaldd23
5/21/16

Our business, Sibley Energy, has grown so much over the years, and we needed to expand into a larger warehouse. I started to search online for the perfect office space for our business needs. I found Armstrong Steels website and the search stopped right there. I couldn't get over the guy's voice on the answering machine when you call in! Its so neat, and sounds like Sam Elliot. Plus, I felt like my options were endless and I was able to fully customize our new office building. Were so glad we decided to buy a steel building. The engineering process was pretty painless too. Armstrongs in­house team really made it easy. When the building delivered, all the parts arrived on time and the building went up exactly how I dreamed it would. All of us here at Sibley Energy love our Armstrong Steel warehouse!

elvish25
5/9/16

Great experience- from build design to
Parking Chevys inside- good communication
And very superior products. A+++ rating

Response from Brooke G., Armstrong Steel Representative
Thanks Elvis! We hope you enjoy your building for years to come!
ronw61
3/28/16

This was my first time buying a steel building, and it was painfully obvious I needed one. I was in dire need of some extra space for all my tools, lawn mowers and all of the other little trinkets I have hanging around. I love my Armstrong Steel garage, from the inside out! The building went so up easily and has no leaks, strong walls and a sturdy roof. Needless to say, Im impressed. Im thankful we havent had a tornado in years, but if we do, Im confident my building will stand up strong, unlike the stick built buildings around me. Thank you Armstrong!

jerryl41
11/23/15

Since I'm nearing retirement, I need my own personal workshop space to do what I love most- restore old cars! I was thinking about getting a basic pole barn and a good friend of mine asked me why not look into a metal building? I couldn't think of a better idea. I started looking around at the different building companies and Armstrong fit me BEST! The price was right, I was sold on the quality and everyone I've had a chance to work with has been wonderful! They might be a little pushy sometimes, but I know it's for my own good. I'm looking forward to spending hours in my dream shop. --Jerald L., Geneva, Oh

benddesigng
9/21/15

We have been working with Armstrong in Oregon and want to comment the professionalism of their team: everyone from the sales rep to the project manager have been very helpful and the process is streamlined and straightforward. We are excited to see the finished building and look forward to working with them in the future

Response from Brooke G., Armstrong Steel Representative
Thank you for the kind words. It's our goal to provide the very best service to all our customers and clients. We can't wait to see your building! Be sure to send us photos, and let us know if we can assist you in the future. Once again, thank you so much for the positive review.
martinm82
9/3/15

It was a pleasure doing business with Armstrong Steel. I had some unique design criteria that required additional steel to be added and they were not only patient with my requests but delivered exactly what I needed. They were very prompt answering my emails and they made me feel secure that they really cared about my project. Gary Butler was my initial consultant during the design phase and then Tyler Doty became my project manager to oversee the final details. Both men served me well and were very professional. Nicole Bullock was friendly and handled my business needs to get the building paid. I now eagerly await my new Armstrong Steel Building. Martin, Guerneville CA

Response from Brooke G., Armstrong Steel Representative
Martin - Thank you very much for the positive review. We're extremely happy to hear you had a positive experience with Armstrong Steel! We can't wait to provide you with a top quality building. If you need anything, be sure to let us know!
briand63
8/8/15

I insisted on flying out to visit them before I wrote them a check. They toured me through their manufacturing plant and showed me some local buildings. Very genuine group of people and my building is a rock! I would recommend this company and their building to others.

Response from Brooke G., Armstrong Steel Representative
Thank you for the positive review Brian! We're so happy you had a great experience with Armstrong Steel. Going forward, if there is anything we can help you with, don't hesitate to ask. We hope you enjoy your building!
danf35
6/15/15

READ BEFORE BUYING!!

Folks,

Let me tell you the truth about armstrong steel. Most every one of the reps you talk to works for a commission. In that sense go into this deal just like you would if buying a car from the dealership. They will tell you non specific answers to quell questions only to continue a sale. "hurry up you only have until Friday before prices change" , "your building price is the price I quoted you can add extras later" Your deposit needs to be this ($1300) amount when it really needs to be a quarter of that ($200) will do. Lets get to specifics

32'x40' building going up in Carthage NC, no doors no windows just the farming.

-$14,500

End cost of building color matched to code with trimmed openings (specifically not stated as an extra charge)

-$19,221.00

Delivery cost were 891.00 + 250.00 fuel surcharge (not stated on original signing)

When asked about the average erection of a building this size I was told $3500 by CARL
(carl has no authority in giving prices but I didn't know that at the time)

Total price of the erection will be $8,500 in addition to site leveling and concrete another 8k

-Important in order to meet code these buildings cannot be put on pillions of blue stone to save money.

All said and done this was the biggest mistake we have ever invested in. Period

Total cast for this project will be $38,500.

Lesson Learned = Be careful what you get into these people are salesman taking advantage of the hard working American. Total projects costs are never advertised because most customers would not commit. In addition what ever your building costs you off the line figure on doubling it by the time it is erected on your site.

DOUBLE YOUR BUILDING PRICE FOR FINAL COSTS

************************************************************************************************

Quick summary from my last review,

I am currently deployed the building is still not erected on site because Armstrong did not send Eve trim, attaching strips and screws to complete the building. So currently you can drive past my house for the last 25 days and see a work site, steel building and no roof. Great job once again Armstrong. This company has been contacted by my wife a dozen times and our contractor 15x. They continue to push us off saying the parts are being shipped and will be delivered. On the delivery date nothing is in the mail. Our next course of action is to get with base legal with the Air Force and start leagal action against these clowns. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!

-Dan Flechsenhaar

Response from Brooke G., Armstrong Steel Representative
Response to Update on July 29th,

Dan,

Again, we are truly sorry you had trouble with the erection process of your building. Days before you posted your quick summary, we were working with your erector and your wife to solve your delivery issues. Our logistics department was in the process of ensuring the correct parts and components arrived at your job site as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your business, and hope you enjoy your Armstrong Steel Building for years to come. If any other issues arise, please contact us. We’ll be happy to assist you in any way possible.

Originally posted on 6/24/15:

Dan, we are extremely sorry your experience is not what you expected. The process of buying a building can be complicated, but we strive to make it as easy as possible for every customer. Because each building is customized and tailored to the specific needs of each individual, we don’t publish a list of prices like you’re accustomed to seeing at Home Depot or your local hardware store. We’d like to apologize if you felt rushed into a sale; however, because steel is a commodity, it is subject to price increases of the market. You are under no obligation to sign a contract once you receive a steel building quote. We are absolutely NOT "taking advantage of the hard working American,” and frankly, that statement is insulting. Our Building consultants are attempting to save you money, not subject you to hidden costs, as you suggest.

Again, Total project costs – meaning the entire amount you will pay from conception to completion – is different for everyone based of size, shape, dimensions, roof pitch, location, building type etc. Total project costs aren’t advertised, not because “a customer would not commit,” as you say, but because it’s quite impossible to know what labor, dirt work, etc. will cost due to each project's uniqueness.

As far as specifics: The amount of money required to obtain drawings isn’t merely “a deposit.” It’s a non-refundable payment for engineered drawings and blueprints, as well as raw materials for your project. In order to be accommodating to our customers, we can be flexible on this payment, but our work, and often times the purchase of the steel for your building, begins as soon as we receive this payment.

Our contract terms and conditions are very thorough, and detail costs a customer might incur. We provide a short and detailed explanation of what every customer is agreeing to on the first page of a purchase order, not hidden anywhere. In addition, we also publish steel building informative blogs, which also point out ways to help a buyer make a realistic budget by accounting for expenses one might encounter. We understand, for many people, a steel building is a once in a lifetime purchase. We strongly believe that everyone does his or her research. That is why we provide a blog dedicated to first time builders like yourself, and our resource headquarters (http://armstrongsteel.com/steel-building-resource-hq/).
In fact, every quote we provide to our customers includes a link to the resource headquarters for this exact reason.

Armstrong Steel doesn’t and can’t control the costs of the building erection or the cost of concrete. This is a different contract between a customer and their contractor. We are as responsible for the cost of you erecting your building as Home Depot is responsible for the cost of you building your home after you purchase lumber from them.

That said, we empathize with our customers, and want to provide the most cost effective form of construction on the market. To do that, we constantly update the Armstrong Steel Blog Network (http://armstrongsteel.com/network) with information pertaining to the many different ways to accomplish that goal.

Please reach out to me if you have any more questions or concerns.
lawrencep11
8/7/14

Worst experience trying to get a building. They said there was a sale that a building approximately the size I wanted was available. Was a bit smaller. And the price seemed high. Stated that I needed to know about the framing for windows/door, whether a roof extension on one side for a carport was available, that I needed a roof vent and needed to know about roof/wall insulation types and costs. Nothing radical as I has seen these items on their own website... just normal items. Said they needed to go to engineering, that I needed to put up $4K+ first. Stated that I needed to know a cost before any money would be coming their way. They stated I would need to go through engineering and then probably a retailer and it would cost much more. The original cost they gave me for a basic building was higher than any other quotes I received. Anyway I felt I was dealing with a used car salesperson that was after the maximum profit without any regard to the buyer. Never did get a cost ... just seems like a sales scam to maximize profit.

Response from Eric B., Armstrong Steel Representative
We are very sorry that Mr. Petty was unhappy with the sale pricing provided to him by our staff. While affordability is certainly a great benefit associated with our building systems, we do not strive to design/provide the cheapest building solution on the market. Our galvanized secondaries, long term warranties, and design/assembly techniques allow for an easier build on site, etc but rarely translate to the cheapest price.

We do, however, take concerns like these seriously. Our VP and COO have reached out to Mr. Petty directly and, after several conversations, have provided him with a new quote for a complete building.

While we feel we have resolved Mr. Petty's concerns and provided him a great deal on the Armstrong Building System he is no longer returning our emails or calls.

We encourage Mr. Petty to reach out to us in the future should there be anything else that we can assist with!

Armstrong Steel Customer Advocate Team
benr31
7/22/14

Great customer service and a great product

freddys10
6/5/14

I loved it. They were quick to answer my calls and the price and delivery were excellent

markp69
6/5/14

Last summer I placed an order through Armstrong steel for a steel building to use as a garage and storage at my home. The staff of Armstrong were all very helpful and knowledgeable. Just make sure you get the project started with them with plenty of time if you have a deadline for completion as it does take time.

rw19
5/29/14

We are very pleased with the quality of the building, and the detailed blue prints they provided.

danh59
5/28/14

The people at Armstrong Steel were very responsive to my needs and flexible with the overall design of the barn I purchased. Good prices and a great referral to a very good steel building erection contractor. I would recommend them to any friend or neighbor!

mikb1
5/11/12

This was my third steel building project, first with Armstrong. It won't be my last!! Jeremy was the best. Project management team really handled their business and helped me out. I love the way my galvanized framing looks. Only issue we had was no eave trim or cornter trim showed up with the building. I thought to myself "well here we go Mike! you've been through this before, no way you're getting this stuff". I was wrong! Kitty (customer service) handled it and had it on our jobsite in less than a week. she even wrote us a heartfealt apology letter! Great job guys. I'll be doing another 40x80 this fall for the rest of the equipment.

MB - Wyoming

antonioe
4/11/12

Stay away from these JERKS. This web site ropes you in to thinking you enter your building information and you will get a quote. Not so. They collect your personal information and then have sales people call you at all hours. The truly sad part is they will call you and ask for your building information again. Then they act like there is a big sale going on, so they have to call you back. Basically, they call just to annoy, because they don't even have the quote when they call you. Then on top of this they are just plain RUDE! They called me at my job and wasted my time and were rude because I did not have time to give them all the information that I had already entered on the web site again. I need a building, but based on this experience alone I would never do business with this company.

heatherd2
3/9/11

Quality Product and Quality People! What a refreshing experience in this day where customer service has gone by the wayside. Armstrong steel's no gimmicks sales practices and superior customer service coupled with world class products puts them in a class by themselves. Thanks for the professionalism.

brucem1
1/11/10

A tailor-made solution for all of a barn owner's needs would be steel barns.

Questions? Get answers from the Armstrong Steel staff and other customers.

Armstrong Steel?