Review of Angie's List

Tel: 1522042066
angieslist@angieslist.com

michaelc1982
10/9/19

Jason, Ryan and Alex did an excellent job in upgrading my basement. I would rate them at 5 out of 5. They were very courteous and always wanted to know if everything was OK. They had me check what was done the first day and final review.

davep259
9/30/19

We would like to thank Jamie and his crew for a great job painting the interior of our home.
When we asked for a contractor , he responded the very same day. They were on time, were clean and did an outstanding job. We would use them again and again. His crew were friendly, and helpful. We highly recommend them. Dave and Holly.

johnf1323
9/26/19

WAY to much trouble to get a review for any service. Way to invasive and the end result is they just want your money.

marioc81
9/17/19

I see why they went bankrupt. Rip off contractors. They want 800 a month so we have to pass it off on coustomers. Which i wouldn't do.

anthonyc440
9/9/19

As a newly established company I thought Angie's list could help get my name out there...boy was I wrong! After naively signing a 1 year contract for $400 per month I quickly realized it was a mistake. I did not receive one single job from Angie's List in the entire year I advertised with them! Please don't make the same mistake I did! Do your research! Try Thumbtack or Yelp instead...way less money and daily leads!

marcosb37
9/4/19

I received a Phone call from Angie's list and the lady on the other side said that its a month to month advertisement and she was one of the push to dead and sell, no matter how, but close the salle, lie as much as you can and just make them sign, so I did trust the sales employee and after 3 months of no leads or customers I ask to not charge me for the FakeLeads service, but my account manager Stephane said No Sr. to cancel you have to pay 1500 dollars there is a 12 months contract attached with them, and if I don't pay they will ruin you credit just because they are a bunch of liers, 6 contractors that I know called me and ask about my experience with them and I told them, go with any other leads providers out there, don't give your hard money to this Scammers. they are owned by Home Adviser The same scammers that owned Service Magic.

rodneyr61
8/27/19

Dave Parsons Electric out of Mahomet is an excelent business. He was prompt and quite resonable. I highly recommend him.

bille107
8/19/19

We were an Angie's List customer for several years, and noticed their approach and customer service mentality changed a year or two ago. They are now owned by Home Adivsor, and unfortunately have taken the Home Advisor approach of offering a lot, delivering a little, and constantly increasing the rates.
If you are a business owner, stay away. I have no luck getting contacted by any customer service rep, only by salespeople wanting to sell us something new. Stay away!

alicem295
8/18/19

this is for Durgan Landscaping, He has been doing my lawn and tree work, plus minor other thing for close to 8 years now, he does as the customer request, he comes in the time frame he gives you. If he can't complete the work that day, he will be back as soon as possible. His services were recommended to me by a close friend , who also uses his services. The fee for lawn mowing and trimming is reasonable, plus cleanup. alice mcdonald

johns4165
8/17/19

The Best companies and the most reliable workers become successful through WORD of MOUTH.. When will people get this.. These on line advertises who are ridiculous and people who use them to promote a service or business are merely asking for trouble.. Promote your own business people. You don't need FAKE NEWS!

bobj241
8/15/19

I am a contractor that paid Angie's List several years ago. I cancelled because of their poor customer service and shark-like sales people. No empathy.

After several years, I decided to try them again. They promised that they have made changes and that they have fixed the problems. LIES! NOT TRUE!

Now, I'm locked into a 12 month contract at $600 a month. 35% cancellation fee!

Their salesman put my ads in the wrong counties and cannot fix that problem for a month.

STAY AWAY FROM ANGIE!

kenb334
8/5/19

Angieslist does not allow business owners to take a homeowner to court no matter how bad or bogus the review is!! I was thankfully banned and had my Super Service Award removed 2 days after I won it. Angieslist had a record of my conversation with the homeowner through their online server and that admitted I was telling the truth and they still banned me.
Thankfully this was a blessing for my company because Angieslist has changed their algorithm which is a waste of money that will not bring customers to your business!

I hate Angieslist and I wish them nothing but the worst!!!

path318
8/4/19

Cody Tanner, DownRight Tile, installed laminated wood flooring in entry hall, office, steps, upstairs hall, including closets, and he did beautiful work. He also laid tile in one of our bathrooms. He was dependable, he was here when he said he would be, he worked hard and steadily until job was completed to our satisfaction. Cody picked up the materials that we ordered from the store, disposed the flooring that had to be ripped up, cleaned up the working space that he used and did everything we wanted him to. Cody and his son did a great job and I highly recommend him for any job that is needed.

mikek456
8/2/19

I would like to express my satisfaction about how the job was conducted by Weatherline Reroof and Repair crew and the final results.
The crew did well and worked steadily good clean up.
One thing that really impressed me was that the crew members came with detailed instructions including pictures of the areas needing attention, not only the description of the tasks to be performed as outlined in the proposal.
It is a sign of good management.
I will use them again

elizabethu25
7/29/19

AL rep called and offered services stating that we would see a certain number of leads for the service we provide as a licensed contractor. We received three calls, all of which were for services we specifically do not provide. They charged 2 months worth after which we cancelled. Never when the service for leads was offered did they ever mention an early cancellation fee, nor did contractor sign anything that had anything to do with an early cancellation fee. They just guaranteed that we would get so much more work with their leads. NOTHING came of this company beyond them dinging our account for the monthly charge. Now they are trying for an early cancellation fee. Was not aware that they were part of Homeadvisor (who is a complete and total scam). These people need to be stopped! What a waste of time and money for a legitimate business owner to have to deal with. Just their sales calls that they will not stop harassing us with is enough to make anyone never ever want to sign up with any type of lead company again.

kentm55
7/11/19

As a contractor I think Angie's List provides inaccurate information. They only show grades for 3 years. So it's not at all an accurate portrayal of a company like mine that's been with them for about 15 years. Poor customer service as well. No return phone calls or follow ups.

jorgem195
7/10/19

Angie's list don't background check the contractors and they don't do real upkeep of your account and the ppl there are really rude

eval75
6/25/19

There are many other sites that you can do research that don't cost you anything so paying for Angie's List is ridiculous.......

lr199
6/22/19

Beware!!Angie's list is a complete scam. I know they advertise on television this is where I was intrigued by their television commercials. I have tried to have contractors come out to rental property's that I own that are angie's list pros and these contractors ARE NOT LICENSED AND I CAN'T VERIFY THEIR LICENSE WITH THE STATE LICENSING BOARD. Also, the contractors Angies List they have listed on Angie's List on their website, most of these licensed contractors that I called personally said that they DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO ANGIES LIST. Angie's List is a complete scam. I know they advertise on television this is where I was intrigued by their television commercials. I Put in a request to have different pros from plumbing to general construction remodel and I've also used them as a pro contractor. Angie's list is not what it says it is. Their pros in most cases are not licensed. They don't verify background checks on their members (Contractors) I have been told by many of Angie's List Consumers and contractors that some of Angie's List employees are sex offenders. It is a big rip off and a scam. They don't check licenses for professional contractors . Which most people should be concerned of hiring a licensed contractor. If you don't know if they're licensed you can go on the state website in your local area and verify any person or business that is licensed and active. There are other sources for leads that are a million times better than Angie's list. As a contractor, I tried them out and I did not get one single lead and it cost me over $3000. Don't use Angie's list just because they're on television doesn't mean they are a legitimate company. They may be registered as a company in Indianapolis Indiana. However, they are not a good source for leads. There are again, much better companies that charge you a lot less money and will provide you with leads to keep you busy.

L. Romero, Licensed Contractor
New Mexico

thomass701
6/18/19

The quality and number of leads for the California Market has lead in the last two years to 80 per cent decline in our business with over 215 reviews. Home Advisor now has a hand in poaching a lot of our inquiring customers. Paying over 500.00 a month because we are under contract has be an arduous task. We have lost all of personnel except one. Don't cross collections department or you will have as they say consequences. It has been a struggle to pay the remaining part of the contract but we will because it would affect our credit. Think long and hard before considering third part aggregates(Angies, Houzz, Thumbtack) to create business. Use Yelp, next door and more organic types of advertising like local newspapers. Make customers happy and ask them to refer you to their friends and family.

georgep284
6/16/19

Hired Top Bros to install laminate flooring in 3 bedrooms and a living room. Couldn't ask for anything more professional and timely how Caesar and his staff accomplished the task. They were on time everyday and were helpful in answering any questions I had. They were neat and cleaned up the areas after the job was finished. I plan on hiring them again for some other projects. I have complete confidence in their work methods and their professionalism. They were a joy to work with.

jerryt118
5/28/19

Very quick service, work done by Jesus very knowledgeable, would call them again if I needed help!!!

patd143
5/26/19

You're better off using Yelp or Google. I can't believe this website is still in Business. Back when she charged a monthly membership it was never ever worth it Out of a half dozen job referrals only 2 were halfway decent businesses. Ugh.

richardp563
5/23/19

Brian and his crew did an excellent job installing my handrails on my refurbished front stoop. I am very satisfied with their workmanship.

Rich of Valley Stream, NY

michaelc1711
5/22/19

Sensible Home Products, LLC
Owner: Jeremey Groll
I used several search engines out there to locate a contractors(s) to work with me to vinyl side my home and replacing all windows (18).
It's tough to locate a contractor that does both and presents a bid that is affordable. I was very fortunate to find Jeremy Groll, Sensible Home Products, LLC; Owner and hands-on contractor who presented me with an honest bid that not only gave me choices on every decision to be made, but was also very upfront regarding cost and the possibility of additional challenges that may be facing me once the job starts.
I was given a very fair price for the quality of product I decided to use; both with the siding and window choices. I have always been suspicious of contractors, having experienced poor quality of work and schedule overrides in the past. These doubts and fears have stemmed from past experience. Well, Jeremy and Sensible Home Products, LLC have renewed my faith in contractors as well as fair reliable business practices. There was some cost override with this job due to conditions that could not be foreseen until the removal process began.
Jeremy kept me up-to-date on almost a daily basis via text, phone and pictures of the area(s) needing repair. It was an amazing experience to have this kind of support and status updates from my contractor. From the day I met with Jeremy to discuss the project until the day I put the key into my new front door I had and have full confidence in the person, the Company and the crew Jeremy has working with him.
If you have a home project, big or small, I recommend giving Jeremy Groll and his company Sensible Home Products, LLC a shot at bidding it. When we initially met Jeremy showed me a few on-line reviews of his work and I thought, yeah, he could have written those, but I'm now happy to be one of his satisfied customers writing this review. Thanks for a stellar job Jeremy!
Michael-Manchester, CT

She can take 2 at once and can fart Dixie while she does it! Amazing talent!!

By John F.

Because the person who started this is a worthless pos.

By Mario C.

Questions? Get answers from the Angie's List staff and other customers.

Angie's List?