Review of Angie's List

Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Tel: 1522042066

victoriaf32
12/6/17

Daily deals that cannot be honored within timeframe. Professionals paid pennies on the dollar, and when you try to get your service, they say it will be 200.00 more as your deal has expired. YET, you cannot get the service within that time. HOME ADVISORS is the best. You deal with the contractor before you pay anything. Wasted 1200.00 in "deals"....no return phone calls over trying to get money back.

karlv4
10/27/17

"Manual Renew" is what it says on my Account Mgt page, but in fact it's automatically renewed. You find out when you see it on your credit card statement, at which point Angie's List customer service says it's too late to undo. Who are these people?

donnac193
10/13/17

Useless. Worthless. I have been trying to unsubscribe from this crap company's emails but still keep receiving them daily. I tried the 'contact us' link on their page which bought me to a page that said it didn't exist. Then i was redirected to sign in. Really??
Also want to mention that since i made the mistake of creating an account on their site, which i HAD to do in order to see any kind of company reviews, my spam has doubled. Now this could be a coincidence...but clearly this company is shady so I wouldn't doubt if they sold their emails. Only reason i gave it 1 star is because I had in order to submit the review
STAY AWAY

ronaldb109
10/10/17

I personally believe many of the reviews of businesses you see on Angie's List are fake. I won't go on that site ever again for anything.

kerryr17
10/9/17

Horrible spammy outdated website. If you're a business owner and request to delete your account, they wont let you (unless you pay them $$). Disgusting unethical company. Stay away!!!

eugenes38
9/21/17

I was sold a bill of goods. They say what they will do for you for so much money. Ya right. It never happened . They just want to con you out of morr money. Awfull company.

leem111
9/20/17

Ive given this site a shot with my business and my ROI in year 1 was a little negative so I figured I would renew and try year 2. First off they merged with home advisor which is a rip off company! Second they raised the prices, my call volumes dropped, and when I threatened to cancel my service I got my first bad review from a fictional person that I did not work for.
This site is a money grabber period. They will try to get you to sign up for a lot of extras that dont work. Save your money and advertise locally in your area. Beware!!!

scottm249
9/5/17

I don't personally see much value in what they offer. They also make it practically impossible to cancel your membership. I called to cancel my paid membership and got a message saying I had to upgrade to "gold membership" to be entitled to phone support. I sent them an email to cancel and it bounced. I tried filling out their online "contact us" form, and got an error message saying I was not allowed to use special characters in the message, even though I wasn't using any special characters. What kind of "consumer friendly" company treats their customers this way? I recommend you stay far away from these folks. I've had great success with Thumbtack, and recommend you give them a try.
Scott McMillen.

judithm39
9/1/17

after months of no charges, AL charged me 24.99 through PayPal. I asked PP to investigate and reject as unauthorized but PP stated unable bcs a recurring charge. I called AL to inquire and cancel but their recording states 'phone service not included in my subscription', I tried to log on to cancel but repeatedly got error message, with no password reset possible (until suddenly hours later). I received an email from AL later that night stating that I had an automatic renewal silver membership (not free) good 'til 2018 - when I sent an email replying that I had never agreed to any of that, it was returned- undeliverable. Seriously?!
Judith Maleter

janef64
8/31/17

I received 2 letters threatening to sue me for my bad review. I sent them all copies and pictures of the horrible work. They rewarded the company and I was out the money and sick to my stomach. ANGIESLIST IS A SCAM. When Hicks does her commericals i laugh now because she looks like an idiot and people are seeing what a SCAM they are.

valerieb69
8/28/17

Excellent job for Theresa Moore keels handyman they did tiles job and painting for my house at 3504 Spaulding rd Orlando fl 32805 my name is Valerie bridges

lm120
8/13/17

I highly recommend David Gomez and his team for exterior home painting at Lake Monticello. They did an excellent job in a timely fashion. They were knowledgeable about the type of paint I would need for vinyl siding and David gave me his discount to purchase the paint. There was never anything inappropriate while they were working here. David's price was quite reasonable as well. I would trust them anytime to complete a job!!

danielles121
8/6/17

Just signed up as "green", no cost.
Cannot get any info, just their list of "deals".
Trying to get info on auto repair, Medical Lake or Airway Heights Washington.
No luck at all, they keep nagging me to join, even though I am a member.
Guess their "green" membership is a scam.
Since I can't even get a list with a name and address on it, maybe nobody repairs cars in Spokane County Washington, according to Angie's list.
Don't pay for a membership.
Angie's is just another scam.

ashleea2
7/31/17

No matter how bad or good your business is, If you pay to be on their website they will make sure you are #1 and that you will become the best of the best of the contractors out there. I told them I didn't want to pay for their services due to being outrageous expensive. They stated that we will go to the bottom of the list even if we are A rated. If you do have a bad review show up (it's either not your business or someone just posting lies just to put reviews) It will take 6 months or longer to remove the F rating and they will take the other person's side in the matter instead of the company that pays to be on the "list" and has the evidence of the wrong doing.

carlab49
7/24/17

Because I dont use email I was denied access to Angies list I found a phone number so I called for help. The recording said I must undate to gold. Angies list is not free. They are paid by the contractors therefore they are not there to help the consumer. Angies list is glorified advertising.

peteh53
7/18/17

Angies list is a sham. Not only do they steal your money but they provide you with none of the service they offered. My 6 year old niece got us more referrals than Angie's list. Which isn't difficult since Angie's got us zero, and yes we did all we were supposed to do on our end and we're top rated company on the list. Such a shame they are getting away with ripping so many people off.

travasj
7/12/17

It's sad to say there's so many fake reviews on Angies list! I'm a A rated company on Angie's List but there's fictitious ones on there and i told them they false. And they would not take them off! So sad duraplexhome com

patiencea2
6/25/17

A service that assists one to find a reputable service provider, that has HORRIBLE customer service practices. WOW, I learned my lesson.

juliek62
6/22/17

angie sucks suck suck suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toshah1
6/21/17

Their so called certified contractors are a joke. The sales and customer service is by far the worst.

eileenh27
6/6/17

I've submitted a review before, citing my frustration with the fact that AF won't let me unsubscribe. AL contacted me on June 6, 2017 and informed me that they would subscribe me. They continue to send me emails (ads) every day since then. Don't sign up - they will never stop sending you ads. Eileen H.

donaldy2
6/3/17

Had used a few venders for work and it's a hit and miss thing. Some where fine others were so bad I can't believe they were recommended and not screened out . About two years or more I called and cancelled my subscription and they verified they would . Didn't really look careful enough until today and noticed it was still active and they were still automatically renewing subscription . Called and they said they had no record of cancellation and said they would prorate this year and cancel. Not good customer service . Will not be using them and have not for over two years . Keep away from Angie's list.

jamesb544
5/26/17

I signed up for angie list last Monday, afterwards heard some disturbing news about angie list call Tuesday morning to cancel account, they were very rude about it. After being on the phone for 30 minutes still no closer to cancellation. Theu said it would be cancelled and 2 days later another lady called to finshing setting up account i told her it was supposed to be cancelled ,she told me i sent email to the right person to get resolved and as of today no one has contacting me to comfirm the account is close and no word on refunding my money

juliusr15
5/25/17

When Angie's list first started, its focus was on their membership, the consumer. It is now on the advertisers that pay them.
They constantly recommend useless products and services that are a total scam and defend them with spurious reasons if you bring it to their attention. Any business can buy a recommendation from Angie's regardless of their reputation, value of service or provision of a scam product. Note attachment:-

Although radiant barriers can be made from a variety of materials, there is no such thing as radiant barrier paint. No one has yet invented a paint that achieves an emissivity of 0.1 or below. (For more information on low-e paints, see Insulating Paint Merchants Dupe Gullible Homeowners.)

Read more: http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dept/musings/radiant-barriers-solution-search-problem#ixzz4i7CeI6Mj
Follow us: @gbadvisor on Twitter | GreenBuildingAdvisor on Facebook

This is from an independent and professional source. Yet Angie's promotes this as a valid insulating factor saving up to 50% of heating costs. TOTAL FALSEHOOD & SCAM

joyp29
5/22/17

We use lead generation services and decided to give Angie's List a try. They provided us with a ton of information and guidance and promised that we would receive lots of leads. It took longer than acceptable to get everything set up, but when we finally got everything completed with them we expected to start receiving leads (especially since the type of work we do was supposedly sought after by Angie's List subscribers, but not many contractors were on the list for those services). After several months, we hadn't received 1 single lead. Not one!!! When we called Angie's List to cancel, they said if we had done our part we would have had leads coming through. Are you serious??? We did everything they asked and they blamed us!! Obviously they don't believe in their abilities to generate leads if they are going to blame the subscriber. Then they said the fee to cancel was $600! What a rip off! Buyer Beware!!

Questions? Get answers from the Angie's List staff and other customers.

Angie's List?