Review of Angie's List

Tel: 1522042066
angieslist@angieslist.com

kentm55
7/11/19

As a contractor I think Angie's List provides inaccurate information. They only show grades for 3 years. So it's not at all an accurate portrayal of a company like mine that's been with them for about 15 years. Poor customer service as well. No return phone calls or follow ups.

jorgem195
7/10/19

Angie's list don't background check the contractors and they don't do real upkeep of your account and the ppl there are really rude

eval75
6/25/19

There are many other sites that you can do research that don't cost you anything so paying for Angie's List is ridiculous.......

lr199
6/22/19

Beware!!Angie's list is a complete scam. I know they advertise on television this is where I was intrigued by their television commercials. I have tried to have contractors come out to rental property's that I own that are angie's list pros and these contractors ARE NOT LICENSED AND I CAN'T VERIFY THEIR LICENSE WITH THE STATE LICENSING BOARD. Also, the contractors Angies List they have listed on Angie's List on their website, most of these licensed contractors that I called personally said that they DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO ANGIES LIST. Angie's List is a complete scam. I know they advertise on television this is where I was intrigued by their television commercials. I Put in a request to have different pros from plumbing to general construction remodel and I've also used them as a pro contractor. Angie's list is not what it says it is. Their pros in most cases are not licensed. They don't verify background checks on their members (Contractors) I have been told by many of Angie's List Consumers and contractors that some of Angie's List employees are sex offenders. It is a big rip off and a scam. They don't check licenses for professional contractors . Which most people should be concerned of hiring a licensed contractor. If you don't know if they're licensed you can go on the state website in your local area and verify any person or business that is licensed and active. There are other sources for leads that are a million times better than Angie's list. As a contractor, I tried them out and I did not get one single lead and it cost me over $3000. Don't use Angie's list just because they're on television doesn't mean they are a legitimate company. They may be registered as a company in Indianapolis Indiana. However, they are not a good source for leads. There are again, much better companies that charge you a lot less money and will provide you with leads to keep you busy.

L. Romero, Licensed Contractor
New Mexico

thomass701
6/18/19

The quality and number of leads for the California Market has lead in the last two years to 80 per cent decline in our business with over 215 reviews. Home Advisor now has a hand in poaching a lot of our inquiring customers. Paying over 500.00 a month because we are under contract has be an arduous task. We have lost all of personnel except one. Don't cross collections department or you will have as they say consequences. It has been a struggle to pay the remaining part of the contract but we will because it would affect our credit. Think long and hard before considering third part aggregates(Angies, Houzz, Thumbtack) to create business. Use Yelp, next door and more organic types of advertising like local newspapers. Make customers happy and ask them to refer you to their friends and family.

georgep284
6/16/19

Hired Top Bros to install laminate flooring in 3 bedrooms and a living room. Couldn't ask for anything more professional and timely how Caesar and his staff accomplished the task. They were on time everyday and were helpful in answering any questions I had. They were neat and cleaned up the areas after the job was finished. I plan on hiring them again for some other projects. I have complete confidence in their work methods and their professionalism. They were a joy to work with.

jerryt118
5/28/19

Very quick service, work done by Jesus very knowledgeable, would call them again if I needed help!!!

patd143
5/26/19

You're better off using Yelp or Google. I can't believe this website is still in Business. Back when she charged a monthly membership it was never ever worth it Out of a half dozen job referrals only 2 were halfway decent businesses. Ugh.

richardp563
5/23/19

Brian and his crew did an excellent job installing my handrails on my refurbished front stoop. I am very satisfied with their workmanship.

Rich of Valley Stream, NY

michaelc1711
5/22/19

Sensible Home Products, LLC
Owner: Jeremey Groll
I used several search engines out there to locate a contractors(s) to work with me to vinyl side my home and replacing all windows (18).
It's tough to locate a contractor that does both and presents a bid that is affordable. I was very fortunate to find Jeremy Groll, Sensible Home Products, LLC; Owner and hands-on contractor who presented me with an honest bid that not only gave me choices on every decision to be made, but was also very upfront regarding cost and the possibility of additional challenges that may be facing me once the job starts.
I was given a very fair price for the quality of product I decided to use; both with the siding and window choices. I have always been suspicious of contractors, having experienced poor quality of work and schedule overrides in the past. These doubts and fears have stemmed from past experience. Well, Jeremy and Sensible Home Products, LLC have renewed my faith in contractors as well as fair reliable business practices. There was some cost override with this job due to conditions that could not be foreseen until the removal process began.
Jeremy kept me up-to-date on almost a daily basis via text, phone and pictures of the area(s) needing repair. It was an amazing experience to have this kind of support and status updates from my contractor. From the day I met with Jeremy to discuss the project until the day I put the key into my new front door I had and have full confidence in the person, the Company and the crew Jeremy has working with him.
If you have a home project, big or small, I recommend giving Jeremy Groll and his company Sensible Home Products, LLC a shot at bidding it. When we initially met Jeremy showed me a few on-line reviews of his work and I thought, yeah, he could have written those, but I'm now happy to be one of his satisfied customers writing this review. Thanks for a stellar job Jeremy!
Michael-Manchester, CT

maazm
5/22/19

Angie's List is a "higher-end" review site, because users actually have to pay for membership. But you get what you pay for. The reviews, given on an AF scale, are typically very well-thought out -- not a lot of that ranting and raving that's more common on free review sites

williamm955
5/19/19

Had new gutters and cover guards installed on 2 level home and 2 outbuildings. Sales rep was very informative and professional in explaining the product pros and cons. Pricing was reasonable. Installation crew arrived as scheduled and no problems during installation. All done in one day. Crew cleaned site and left it the way it was when they arrived. Company highly recommended.

christines409
5/13/19

Energy Savers terrible job. Nailed my siding roof leaking. Electric not hooked back up. Handicap porch not put on as promised.Driveway damaged. Paid in full said they would be back never showed

loub98
5/1/19

set appointment 2 weeks ago for a deep clean of my condo
got a 20 something girl who was 40 minutes late -she came with a bucket 2 roils of paper towels and a spray bottle-I was quoted a price of 250 dollars .The so called cleaner told Me that I had bad attitude-closed her car window on me and drove off-
Angie your screening is terrible or nonexistent-Never use this service

christ5144
4/25/19

First off Angie's List is also Homeadvisor - they are the same. Angie's List has never really been of benefit to me as a paid subscriber but I always kept trying. Recently I had a painting contractor I hired through AL where they would not honor their AL coupon for $100 off if doing more than $1000 with them. I did over $2000. I filed a complaint with AL and provided them all of the documentation, copy of check and invoice. They would not even look into the issue and refused to take down their coupon. Just a terrible experience which I would have never have guessed. I filed a complaint with the Indianapolis BBB. Next day the AL Tier 2 agent, Jesse Mullins, cancelled my paid subscription to AL without my authorization. I called and talked to several supervisors and none would give me the time of day and simply stated as I private business they can cancel subscriptions or remove a login for no reason. If you file a complaint against them it is their practice to terminate you without letting you know or giving you any explanation. Amazing! And they are a service provider! OMG! I have filed a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office. After reviewing others similar experiences I am now not surprised at how arrogant this company is. NEVER EVER use them. They even took down my review because it was negative, obviously of the contractor. AL only wants to live in their self-made perfect world and weed out anyone that may disagree with them. This is not American and this sure isn't a company that you nor I want to do business with. It disgusts me to even think this company operates in America. It should disgust you too. Don't waste your time with Angie's BS List or Homeadvisor. Just read all of the negative experiences on this review if in doubt.

tonym350
4/19/19

I was simply looking up vendors to do the service I needed and I got a call from the vendor I pulled up on Angie's List. I mean within in 3 minutes. The vendor had a B rating, was simply reading some of the reviews and I gt a call, had no time to investigate. Complete BS will not use Angie's list again!!! Let me choose on my own not what you force on me!!!

giovanap2
4/9/19

I just got 1 lead after paying $300 in one month. I called in to cancel they want to charge me $1200 to cancel. It is not worth it. They will always prioritise who has the most reviews.

johns3725
3/20/19

Louis Puleo is the owner of this business. Knowing we had only one shower that needed to be completely redone, he came to us immediately. He was extremely knowledgeable, considerate and professional in his workmanship. He was willing to work with us as homeowners and open to ideas and suggestions. He finished in a very timely manner, and his clean up was exceptional. We would highly recommend Mr. Puleo without any reservations.

warrenm35
2/27/19

I used Angie's list when looking for some work to be done on my home. Went through all the steps for three different projects. For two of them, only one "contractor" responded, the other, two contractors responded. One contractor didn't want to come out to give a quote, they did it through email without ever seeing my home or what I wanted done. Not very professional. Another, an electrical contractor, showed up, took notes, said he'd have the quote by the end of the weekend, never heard back from him. For my third project, the first contractor only quoted a portion of the job. He acted like he didn't want to do the work. The other contractor was a bit abrasive, but at least I got a full quote. Angie's list called to follow up and when I relayed my experience, the rep stated they would send me a list of contractors right away in my email. I never got that email. It seems they are as reliable as their contractors. No surprise there.

maryk598
1/11/19

We have been using Angie's list and were not happy. Somehow they talked us into another year. Our Rep never called me back when I needed her. I was told she was sick and someone would contact me. No one ever did so I continued calling and leaving message.So we figured when our contract was up we were not going to renew. It was amazing how they called us throughout the day for 2 weeks straight. We told them how we were not happy and their excuse was we need more reviews. When they excepted the papers to be mailed in with the customer rating and review, I mailed about 25 in and they told me that was too much at once..Are you kidding me. They only put 3 of the reviews on. So why would i waste my time to get reviews??? Just recently we did get a new account manager Andrea and she asked what they could do to keep us. I told her give us 3 months free. She said they could not do that, but they would reimburse 2 months and not charge me an early cancellation fee. She said lets see how December is I'm very confident you will be pleased.She said she would call me when the month was up to see if we wanted to renew again or not.So we gave it one more to try. Needless to say we got nothing or should I say the ones we get are for work we do not do. We payed $500.00 a month and she said this was the cheapest she ever seen since she worked there. I knew this was a lie. They are sales people. So apparently she did call the office left a message...I did not receive it...She said she did call my cell also. I did look in my call log and their was no missed call. They renewed our as and increased the price to $843.00 So I called her when I seen this charge and asked why they would do this without my consent. Andrea said she did not hear from me so they renewed it. I told her they need to reimburse my credit card because I did not authorize this. She said I would have an early termination fee and I asked for what? Because i was told I could cancel. She apologized and said she forgot she told me she would wave it.She said I worked so hard to keep you along board and I told her I would rather give someone $500.00 that could use it bc thats what I'm doing with Angie's list. We always got work for out of state also.Angies List is now also with Home Adviser so if you get a lead from Angie's List they will not reimburse you back.THIS IS SHADY!! Home Adviser also went downhill and the leads are not good.

beverlyc175
1/1/19

I recently had three hurricane shutters installed on my doorwalls by "Roll Shield" in Clearwater, FL. I was sooo pleased with the service and the quality of the product. They walked me through their factory area and showed me how they build them. The people were so understanding, patient and respectful. People who do a good job should be appreciated, so I want to recommend "Roll Shield" as an outstanding company.
Thank you "Roll Shield".
Chapman, Clearwater, FL.

susant456
12/8/18

I always thought Angie's list was lame, based on my experience with it. My husband used Angie's List to find a tile repair place, Revivify, who did a horrible, cheap looking, lazy job. I could, and have, done better work myself. Disgusting workmanship! All thanks to Angies list and reviews from people
who dont know quality workmanship. I am livid!

bethw137
11/18/18

Wrote an honest review on my experience with a contractor. The contractor threatened to sue me if I didn't take my negative review down. I let Angie's List know and they did nothing and were unresponsive. I took the review down simply to not be sued. The company maintains a high rating on Angie's List which of course is not accurate since they threaten people with lawsuits if they post anything other than glowing reviews! Was very disappointed that Angie's List did nothing when I reported this to them.

julieb645
11/16/18

I'm a small business owner who paid over $1,000/mo to advertise through AL. Only 3 leads in 5 months. My company does mold inspections... in Houston (not hard to sell). We received more calls from a flier that we stuck on a phone pole than we did from AL. Upon cancelling and instructing them to send me a final invoice, they immediately charged my credit card over $2,000 with no warning. I was assured that was all I owed. The following month, they tried to pull another $300. Luckily I cancelled the card. Of course, no one is returning my phone calls. Terrible, terrible company.

rayd86
11/12/18

Angie's List staff ought to confirm that the businesses that are listed will respond. Actually, I think AL should require business to provide some sort of response if they want to be listed. Business must be so good that the 3 companies that AL provided did not respond to email, online request, text, or phone messages. To be fair, I tried several times over a two week period even asking that if they are not interested to simply let me know so I can stop wasting my time. It's nice that AL provides the listing but at this rate AL is no better than a simple Google search. I was expected a higher level of professionalism with companies that have gone through the trouble and expense of getting listed with AL. So far, I'm extremely disappointed in the businesses and Angie's List.

Questions? Get answers from the Angie's List staff and other customers.

Angie's List?