AngelList

AngelList has a consumer rating of 1.91 stars from 23 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. AngelList also ranks 36th among Entrepreneurship sites. The most common issues with AngelList are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 12.5%
How would you rate AngelList?

“Business”

Noi K.
5/4/20

Angel is great business platform. Sometimes it can be helpful for your starting business and can find good developer team

“Disappointed bad service”

Marya M.
2/2/20

I applied for a job through their site. I was offered the job, after two interviews and lots of paperwork. On my first day of training the company rep kept asking for my bank account number to pay me and I realized it was a scam! A very well constructed one. Angel list did not respond to my numerous requests that they take the ad down and alert others who may have applied. I don't trust them.

maryam4
February 2nd, 2020
dimensionalf
March 28th, 2020
I've been on here for a year and a half and 99 percent of the jobs are outdated, unpaid internships, and scams. Look elsewhere if you are looking for a job. I have extensive programming experience, so you'd think I've would have found something... anything on here by now.

Once in a blue moon, you may find an underpaid customer service job or business partnership offer. AKA you dump your money into someone else's business idea and run the start up yourself (good if you're already a rich business owner).

Like I said, don't waste your time.
noik
May 4th, 2020
Angel is great business platform.
saic4
August 11th, 2020
I can't even begin to describe how terribly put together this website is. It's like some college student slapped a proof-of-concept together, got a bunch of funding from his uncle and just blew it all on his vices, with no intention of actually improving the site. Like... you can't add more than one entry to the "experience" section of your profile. If you read the body of the 404 error (which isn't even the right error for a POST header with malformed data!) sent back from AngelList's API, it says "That entity has already been tagged." That's how little thought was put into this site! According to AngelList, you can't work at a place twice! I can't believe this infernal site has been up for this long and no one at this "company" has never had a thought to fix their blasted website!
michaelv49
December 16th, 2015
I work with a lot of small companies so when I saw this site I was happy to give it a try. The obstacles to profile creation were immediate. One of the profile items you MUST fill in is prior gigs/jobs. Enter a type (Employee, contractor, etc) and then enter the company name, which brings up a type ahead list of known companies. The type-ahead presents and immediate problem. The issue is if the company you want to enter is not on the list, you can't add that experience to your profile. I've worked for a lot of small companies, and some start ups, many of which have been merged or sold to other companies. For what ever reason those company names have never made it into Angle.co's company database. This situation is surprising since the site's purpose is building a talent pool for start up companies.

There are other issues as well. The edit profile screen seems to loose information from one save to the next, forcing you to reenter some bits of information (like years of experience) each time.

I've made several attempts to enter parts of my profile into their site but have been unsuccessful after a week of trying. Without the completed profile you cannot go to the next step (they'll flag the profile as incomplete, making it unavailable to potential start up companies). Because of this obstacle, I cannot make any claim as to the viability or the quality of the opportunities listed on their site.

Until these issues are resolved, I don't see this website as a reasonable alternative to other job posting sites.
pearll18
November 25th, 2018
Ken Weaver & Sons solved my emergent heating problem in a harsh weather weekend day. His professionalism and commitment to his customer cares make himself highly trusted.
ryanb473
December 31st, 2019
They need to fire whoever designed their website.
- They make it incredibly hard to change anything about your profile.
- They completely butcher your ability to list your experiences.
- The save a continue function is idiotic.
- Honestly, it's in the top five worse sites I've ever been to.
veea4
December 26th, 2019
I decided to use angellist in 2019 after reading an article that listed them as a place for job seekers. I went to the site, set up my profile, followed all site tutorials, and applied to three jobs (legit places I checked). I wanted to fix my profile and my picture (their format wasnt accepting quality although they say to use high resolution).

I suddenly got a cloud fare message when trying to log in. I reached out to them via email and twitter no response. I checked the site later and still couldn't get in. I tried to contact them again via email and Twitter. I later tried again and now it said my account was locked out! Now I'm pissed.

I emailed angellist told them of all the past times I tried to contact them, my account being locked out, and no response. Once I mentioned I was going to escalate this if I don't hear back with solutions, "moderation" responded. This email said my account is suspended, I couldn't get it back, I violated their rules, and do I want to deactivate my account.

I don't know who runs angellist and how they've gotten away with poor service but they need to be forced to do better or fold. I still haven't received an explanation or any response. Everything screams SCAM. My fear is they are selling and using my information at leisure. I heard before they contact past employers without consumer knowledge. This platform is horrible! Stay Away!
lefelom
July 22nd, 2018
Did an excellent job and extremely the me efficient. Plumber was Robert B Luttrell, Leaky Pipes Plumbing. Email is *******@gmail.com
dominiquel27
September 19th, 2019
Was scammed for a remote pharmaceutical position with a man trying to retrieve my personal info through hangout app! Don't waste your time!
curu
August 12th, 2019
Wow, what a difficult site to use. They make you crawl through hoops just to see their little tiny set of jobs, many of which seem scammy anyway. I wrote to them with 2 questions and never heard back. 5 follow up emails over the course of a month... never heard a word. I highly recommend NOT using this site.
wendyb209
August 25th, 2018
I want to tell you about the best pool store i have ever had the pleasure to deal with the people were friendly and funny i had a green! Pool so i took some water in for testing when they got done and told me what to put in and how to put the chemical in i felt very confident that i could do this myself they also told me about phosphate so i went home and did exactly what they wrote down for me to do and in three days my pool was crystal clear it never looked so good highly recommend that if you take care of your own pool you have to go see wave pool and grill they really know there $#*!!
lolem
June 18th, 2018
Can't go a day without being spammed by Captchas and even complete blocked access to some sites. The help service email at *******@angel.co is headed by a snobby guy who refuses to fix this.
Moreover, a lot of the companies here are scams and fakes trying to use labor at no to little costs at all. Because of the lack of filters on this site, it makes it worse. Don't use this site
rosbehl
January 23rd, 2019
I called and made an appointment with TLC plumbing at Albuquerque. They give me the hours between 10 am to 1 pm. I waited until 1:30 pm no one showed up and I did not get any call from them either. 1:30 I called the office and told them I have been since 10 am. They told me the plumber should be there in 30 minutes. He showed at 3 pm, 2 hours late! I spend most of my day waiting on them, and when they show up I told them that I have been waiting for them for 5 hours, and I had to called the office. Their response was, well we can give 5% discount... their hourly rate is $99,5% of that is almost $5. My 5 hours waiting on them, worth $5.
This is the worst experience I have with any company and I could not be more insulted.
I have called and Filed complain with better Business Bureau.
arunm18
June 5th, 2019
Please don't waste your time with angellist, If you apply for many jobs then your profile will suspended without any valid reason/justification.

Jobs listed in angellist is only for the persons who are working in angellist(I mean only angellist employees can apply the jobs).
donaldl31
December 16th, 2015
If you're looking for young, hungry smart employees, Angel List is the place to go. The best of all is that it's all essentially free. Much better than most job boards and Craiglist. The only downside is that it only really works for recruiting if you do all the outreach (similar to LinkedIn unless you pay).
sreeg2
April 10th, 2019
DO NOT opt for this website to search for jobs. A lot of the companies here are scams and fakes trying to use labor and desperate job seekers to cheat them money. It makes it worse as they target vulnerable desperate people who are looking for a job. Don't use this site. I was listed in this company and got a couple of offers. They call and offer you jobs 80K/Annum$ and then ask you to pay100$ to ship equipments to do your work(Laptop, printer) One such company is HIBR, when I raised the issue with Angel.co they had a lousy response " if you feel its a scam company, do not proceed with your application" I mean really? How can they list scam companies in their website without any verification.
joannad38
May 24th, 2018
If possible I would give them minus rating. Idiot services, cheaters, scammers, worst people to work with.
lewism72
July 7th, 2018
TL; DR -- Do your research. Avoid scammy, vague companies. Use LinkedIn if options are exhausted. Don't be afraid to ask tough questions. And never EVER work for free!

If you Googled "Angellist review" then congratulations! You're not a sucker! Angellist has tons of small to medium companies looking to prey on young professionals, mostly straight outta college, who probably don't have a clue how the job market works.

If you're lucky, IF, you'll find that one company on Angellist willing to pay you $15/hour with full benefits AFTER 3-5 months of full time work. Unless they don't find some way to get rid of you, OR MAKE YOU QUIT, BEFORE THOSE BENEFITS KICK IN!

Some will even try to make you sign a ridiculous contract promising equity and whatnot. And if you decide to quit, you can't go and find another job in the same industry (non-compete clause) for at least A FEW YEARS! And that's after realizing you're not getting paid for the amount of work you're doing because you were afraid to ask!

And there's more... if you do research and look up the company's name and the "founder" you'll find an address. LMFAO! Some of the locations you Google lead to a house, an apartment complex, the middle of nowhere, or a 7-11... miles from the city location. If the company is from Boston, and the address is located in Worcester or Springfield, is it still from Boston?

NO! Omg.

Sometimes, if you're working for these little companies you'll be communicating via Skype or some other app all the time. It's only after you realize the farce and leave that when you think back, YOU NEVER MET THE "FOUNDER" IN PERSON AT ALL!

Well, it's not to say that LinkedIn has a few bad apples itself, but at least it's better than here. Please just do your research. Ask lots of questions. Even the awkward, cringe inducing ones like compensation and benefits! You're probably doing them a HUGE favor by not asking those questions because in their minds, you're just another clueless sheep willing and desperate to earn a paycheck by any means necessary.

THANKS FOR READING!
danad87
May 24th, 2018
SCAMMER, CHOFER.COM LLC - GUS CIFUENTES this man is looking for drivers for his courier delivery service and DON'T PAY DRIVERS after a week of work. The address mentioned on his website and online are FAKE. He blocked phone drivers after one week of work to avoid paying all services done, gas and tolls incurred! GUS CIFUENTES- CHOFER LLC is recruiting new drivers every week. If you were a victim of this man, please put your review and email to *******@gmail.com open a legal case. He advertises on craigslist and maybe changing the phone numbers and his name. Phone numbers used *******000. *******009. *******000 SCAM
jayc191
December 6th, 2017
Tried it out for a week, ended up basically giving free labor with the "promise of compensation" at the end, however; ended up being scammed by company (TalkTravel- founder Saurabh Jindal). Save yourself the time and effort, you can find a better, more trustworthy position elsewhere.
johnc707
March 26th, 2017
Want to work for free, well sign up here, worthless site. Promising fake equity, really a big waste of time, don't bother! Never work for free!
robertb102
September 28th, 2016
I discovered AngelList recently. I tried the service to look for jobs in start-ups as Angel List is dedicated to the world of start-ups, promoting them, posting jobs for them, trying to find investors.

I was first surprised by the amount of good job offers and the amount of start-ups "hiring".

I quickly came back to earth. False advertisement and fake job posting are not only the specialities of big job boards or large corporations, nor is fraudulent advertising.

I don't know if the start ups posting their ads on Angel List are the one at fault or if they work together with Angel List to create some website traffic, attract attention, gain users and clients, but most of the job posted are fake or outdated.

I have also identified some fake companies and fake profiles there, taking advantage of this website to do some "con artist" jobs.

Angel List is competing with other so called "social' network like Linkedin and need to gain audience and users, so it wouldn't be surprising that they are working together with some start ups to create the impression of job abundance and success by posting many fake jobs.

It allows start ups to look profitable and attract would be investors and it serves Angel List to attract users and future customers.

Thats how it looks like after having experienced it for a while.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the AngelList staff and other customers.

AngelList is where the world meets startups. Find a great startup job, invest in a startup, or raise money

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AngelList?

Have a question about AngelList?