Review of AmiAmi

Bunky??-ku, T??ky??-to 112-0002, Japan
Tel: +81 3-3813-5851

kenjia4
3/12/18

I ordered from them on January 25, but still didn't arrived, on account, that it is an unregistered mail and expensive shipping. However, my orders from Germany, unregistered parcel and free shipping, arrived on time on my home country despite the distance. I will not recommend this shop and will not buy again from them.

jonc94
8/2/17

Pros: great prices, lots of shipping options, large selection of pre-owned items

Cons: horrible customer service

My experience with AmiAmi has been mostly positive until recently. I didn't have any big problems in the past 5 years until one of my recent order came with a lot of damage. 2 of the 3 boxes were crushed. I contacted their customer service and they suggested I file for insurance. This is the first time I actually filed for insurance for anything. What they didn't tell me was that when you file for insurance, the post office confiscate the whole package (and destroys it). In return, they pay you whatever they want.

So I spent 13,000 JPY for 3 figures. Only 2 were damaged. I surrender my whole package without knowing all the details. I am getting 6,000 JPY from insurance (because that was the max payout for that type of shipping).
Current status: no figures, -7,000 JPY

AmiAmi's customer service doesn't care. It was something that could have been handled with just them, but they gave me bad advice. My post office was not sure about the whole procedure either, but it's too late now. AmiAmi is telling me that it was my responsibility and they are not liable. Even after being a good customer for the past 5 years and spending over 500,000 JPY, I am just another replaceable customer.

Tip for consumers: Pray that your items arrive safely because AmiAmi does not care once it's shipped.

Do not accept a package that has visible heavy box damage.

If something is damaged, don't file for insurance unless the price you are entitled to covers the WHOLE package. You can't really pick which items you want to keep. (I guess you can try)

fuuk
3/17/17

I love AmiAmi!!! They always have discounts and almost eveything is there! I pre-ordered lotsa stuff from them and one of the things I love about AmiAmi is you have the item reserved but you don't have to pay right away. You'll only pay when the item is with them and the shipping costs are determined already. Not only that but they give grace period of one week before your payment due date. One time, I had to ask them if they could extend a few more days for me to settle my payment and they obliged. Such fantastic customer service!!! Shipping is totally wonderful!

I love AmiAmi and they're my go-to shop for every Yuri On Ice and Haikyuu releases :D

caits1
1/26/16

I don't think I've ever dealt with a Japanese seller better than Amiami. They are prompt and their shipping is extremely speedy. I even ordered a back-ordered item and it came into stock almost immediately. I thank the wonderful people who work hard to make my product is to me so quickly.

jorgea15
4/24/15

Fast Shipping and tracking, quick response to emails.
I am buying from them by two years and I have not had any complaints, are a serious company.

The best is the section of pre-owned items and seasonal gift cards.

Tip for consumers: All products shipped in sturdy shipping boxes, so sometimes too big and heavy that increases the cost of shipping.

Questions? Get answers from the AmiAmi staff and other customers.

1 Photo for AmiAmi