AmericanHomeShield reviews

Memphis, TN 38120, US
Tel: 888 429 8247

paf6
10/4/17

Worst company ever. What a rip off!!! You pay for absolutely nothing! Would be cheaper to pay your own contractors as most do not charge a service fee and American Home shield charges you the customer a service fee for every service request along with the price you pay for the warranty and then they will pay around 5 to 10% of any repair bill leaving you the customer with the rest. Example of this .. have a bad garbage disposal.. they will pay $141.00 my cost $385.00...why? Because AHS doesn't cover the "modifications" (bringing the plumbing/piping to code) and/or "accessing"(drilling the hole) for the work to be properly done. I have been in a constant battle with them for the past three weeks to get six plumbing issues including a gas water heater that went out and AHS wouldn't pay for the vent work which was leaking carbon monoxide into my home to be replaced....again...my cost for the vent $2 to $4 thousand...their cost $210.00. Scam company..sends out their own contractors who look for ways to cost you the consumer more money then the warranty company will put out. Save your money, find your own contractors that you trust to do the work instead of the subpar contractors they send to your home. And I recommend to anyone already in this warranty trap with American Home Shield to contact their States Attorney Generals office and file a formal complaint to stop this company for scamming and victimizing other people out of their hard earned money as they have done to me. American Home Shield needs to be held accountable for the scam they run on the consumers who purchase their warranties thinking they will be taken care of in the event something happens to /in their homes.
Buyer BEWARE! This company is NOT on the side of their customers!

Tip for consumers: Save your money. Find yourself a your own contractor for whatever your needs may be. It will save you money in the end over having American Home Shield in YOUR pockets.

brianl53
7/20/15

My ac went out and AHS sent a contractor over.He condemned my system and said it had mold without even testing it.He refused to look at it and said I need a new system.Charged me witch I refused to pay (because he didn't even hook up gauges or address the problem.Said it was electrical.I looked at system after he left and found ac condenser drain was stopped up.I cleared it and got system running myself.Its been working for several month now. AHS sent me a bill and did NOTHING to help me.Terrible service a total bureaucracy and run around.I dropped them and am totally dissatisfied.I am glad I didn't get ripped off but they need to make some type of amends to there subcontractor and the inconvenience they caused me and my family,As of 01/11/2016 my ac is Still working!!!.AHS never apologized or attempted to take care of me or keep me as a customer.They are too big to care about one home owner.Show they are all about the money and not taking care of people!!!

mathah
7/7/13

Arrived on time ..did a great job finding and repairing the problem and cleaned up afterward.

cherylm15
6/12/13

I like the promptness of service when you have a problem

richardb72
6/8/13

The repairman was quick, installed everything in a timely manner and made sure everything was running correctly before he left.

robertr59
6/7/13

American Home Shield has helped us get the professionals we needed to get our household needs taken care of quickly.

johnf82
5/29/13

Service rep was prompt, courteous and efficient. A part was ordered and installed in a timely manner.

richards66
5/24/13

The service was provided quickly, conveniently and once the service tech arrived he was knowledgeable and prompt in addressing the issue.

kimberlym17
5/24/13

The service was quick and he stayed to make sure everything was working properly. Great customer service. Thank you.

toml46
5/21/13

The response time was very good. The men called and were on time had a working knowledge of what they were doing. Took care of the problem and offered an explanation and answered all questions.

bradleys29
5/20/13

Ordering the service was relatively simple and my problem was fixed the first time.

frans14
5/15/13

Response was quick (on a Sunday), courteous and professional.

robinp25
5/13/13

I have had to file a couple claims, and have had nothing but fast; professional service.

francesb19
5/5/13

Our request was noted and processed very quickly, thanks. Having AHS is wonderful as my husband and I are not able to do the physical work to upkeep our home any more.

patriciam25
5/4/13

The servicemen were very friendly, proficient, had repair done faster than I expected.

randyh15
4/29/13

All the techs were very nice and explained the problem and what they did to fix it. Wonderful and quick response.

maryj38
4/28/13

I was pleased with the replacement that ahs provided and the fact that there was so little difficulty throughout the entire process.

mariew13
4/19/13

Responded to my service needs in a timely manner and very professional

lindac32
4/14/13

Technician was knowledgeable and extremely helpful

veraz
4/13/13

They called me promptly to schedule the service, the guy showed up when he said he would, he repaired my garage door opener and I am very satisfied with the work.

paula157
4/6/13

The plumber was outstanding. He took his time to make certain the repairs were done correctly, and explained everything each step of the way.

lornek
4/4/13

Prompt service. I got a phone call from the repair company within minutes of submitting the service request. They were ready to come out at that moment.Very professional and thorough.

emilyl13
3/30/13

Electrician was friendly, helpful, and gave advice. Went above and beyond.

doraa5
3/23/13

The service technician was very courteous. He made sure he addressed our concerns. He did an excellent job with the repair and made sure we were satisfied.

richardr24
3/23/13

Was very quick to respond, repaired problem quickly, was very courteous. Excellent service.

Questions? Get answers from the AmericanHomeShield staff and other customers.

AmericanHomeShield?