American Greetings reviews

Tel: +1-216-889-5945
help@americangreetings.com

jims706
4/8/19

I thought I was buying one card. Went to do my taxes and had a good look at the my credit card statements. Looks like they've been charging me for the last year! Called them and they "generously" reimbursed me for six months. Don't do business with this company!

connieg114
Connie G.
12/29/18

This company has become politically biased in its' e cards. When attempting to voice a complaint, they would not publish either of 2 reviews I attempted to post. When you try to reply to their emails, they go to a "no reply" box. I'm demanding a refund of the balance of time remaining on my contract and will make sure they cannot auto renew by notifying my credit card.

nancyl150
9/17/17

I paid my fee and attempted to send a card. Was told I had to change my password so I did. Then was cut out and told could not send card. Two weeks later I attempted again. Same thing...new PW, then cut out. Tried third time and it was the same. I gave up.
Received email for renewal. It stated I sent four cards which I had not. I wrote and said to cancel and I should be refunded. Help answered that they did not tell me I sent four ecards as my account showed I sent none.
I do not like being called a liar. I sent the email to them where they stated I had sent four ecards.

mariak37
9/25/15

They renew automatically and when you find out they won't refund.

"We are sorry if your membership renewal has caused you any inconvenience. Our memberships are designed to automatically renew so that you can enjoy continuous, uninterrupted service, as was described in our Terms of Service when you ordered our service."

I think it's a sheer rip off.

ds28
7/23/11

I have no complaint about the subscription service used for ecards.

When wishing to terminate the service, I couldn't find a way to de-subscribe. Despite a through and time consuming search of the site, I could not find an "unsubscribe" icon or a postal office address to send a letter. Buried several pages deep in the site, I found an 800 phone number ... but it was no longer in service.

A call to my credit card company that I had originally authorized American Greetings to charge eventually yielded a different 800 phone number for American Greetings. The new 800 number was only provided after I threatened the to terminate the credit card if they could not help me. (Apparently, because I authorized Am. Greetings to charge my card, American Greetings are the only ones that can terminate the charge to my account.)

Good eventual outcome. The new 800 number enabled me, through appropriate prompts and information entries, to terminate the subscription. A confirming email was received from American Greetings.

Using the new 800 number I was unable to reach live person to express my dissatisfaction with the lack of an easier way to terminate the account.

Questions? Get answers from the American Greetings staff and other customers.

American Greetings?