American Advisors Group reviews

Orange, California 92868, United States
getinfo@aag.com

cliffordc28
5/22/18

AAG was sooooo sweet when they set us up with the reverse mortgage. But buddy let me tell you that if you want to pay off the reverse mortgage you will deal with the worst customer service reps in the entire United States. They have NO empathy for ANY situation. The managers will NEVER NEVER NEVER take your call and they will NOT call you back when you leave a msg. I would NEVER recommend that you do business with this company. I can't believe Tom Selleck is representing this crappy company.......

peterr125
7/1/17

The only problem I had was with one of the lady's there that wasen't very good at returning calls and it took longer then I expected

hughs27
5/24/17

My interactions with AAG were very satisfactory. Andrea Tweedie treated me like a person and not just as a client. She was very helpful at all times. The requirements were reasonable and relatively easy to satisfy. The funds obtained enabled us to pay off many outstanding debts, and I am very glad that we made the decision to go to AAG.

Response from Lizzeth F., American Advisors Group Representative
Hi Hugh,
Thank you for writing a review on SiteJabber. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience, and that you were glad that you picked American Advisors Group.

-AAG
judithw33
3/8/17

I just got off the phone with a representative named Maurice from AAG and the conversation was very frustrating and a bit volatile. All I wanted to begin with from Maurice was to get some basic, upfront, transparent information about a Reverse Mortgage Program that I was hearing so much about. All he would tell me is that this is a "wonderful" program for adults over 62. He sang the glories of not having to pay back this loan for the rest of my life etc. etc. However my concern was how does this really work...somebody had to be making money on this program. No one lends money for "FREE". I asked about the average interest rates, I asked about any fees that could be charged, I asked about closing costs but Maurice would not address any of these concerns. I gave him basic information about my situation such as the Mortgage balance, The property value, the total household income, our ages and yet Maurice could not tell me about any applicable fees, or an average closing cost, if there was any origination fees, average third party fees, he did not even mention any insurance cost that may be applicable. Instead, Maurice insisted on my giving him my Social Security Number and my Husbands Social Security Number before he can give me ANY information about the costs involved in securing a reverse mortgage loan. THIS IS AWFUL. I was contacted by several agents from other companies specializing in this type of loan and they were all very forthcoming with the information I needed to determine whether a reverse mortgage is right for me. As I was advised, I will compare these costs proposed by several companies before I decide who I will use to follow through with this process since some companies are levying much higher fees than others. I refuse to have my credit pulled up all over town. This AAG representative informed me that HIS lack of transparency represented the policies of the company he works for...AAG. If this is the way AAG does business with the elderly by treating them as though they are stupid and ignorant then their service leaves much to be desired. I am shocked and disappointed in this much touted company. I would strongly advise anyone seeking a Reverse Mortgage Loan to be very wary of this company at this point.

Tip for consumers: Because AAG spends quite a lot on advertising they are passing their costs overhead along to us the consumers by way of higher fees. There are other companies who are quite capable of providing the same service at much lower cost to the consumer.

juditk1
11/2/16

AAG and their dear folks provided us with straightforward loan options and worked with us to assure that a reverse mortgage would be the best option for us. Gee wiz, why didn't we do this earlier? Contractors are selling gold these days apparently but with the amount we received we now can make some well-advised renovations to our home. ~Judit

juanr56
9/20/16

We had some title issues crop up but everything was worked out. What a blessing!

jamesd264
9/6/16

Superior customer service from this outfit and Mr Fernandez! I mentioned to him that I have been reading that these types of loans are almost as complex as commercial real estate transactions, but he said that he would do his best to help me understand our options. In the end it was quite straightforward.

I am happy with the APR and my fees consisted of mortgage insurance, origination fees and service fees. Expensive, but it is what it is like with other mortgages. I don't want to disclose figures here but it's in the 5 figures for a large loan. The world economy will downturn after the election (mark my words), however with the reverse mortgage I have guaranteed funds for my fife and I for the next 5 or so years. There's a lot of numbers and scenarios that can be ran so make sure to tell you bring up your ideas and concerns.

Tip for consumers: You can talk to a few different lenders like I did, but in the end the fees are very close (in my experience at least).

balazss2
6/30/16

I have been told by my son to do a reverse mortgage for quite some time now and have finally gotten around to it. At 67 years old, I was almost dreading the process, but Sharon handled everything with us in a timely manner. Although we did have to wait a few extra days for our paperwork to be processed,Sharon was on top of it. I certainly had a positive experience with AAG and would recommend their services to others. Thank you.

longj1
6/30/14

Slowest turn times of any lender with the highest costs. Avoid this company like th plague.

yes, if the income was needed and used to qualify for the minimum income needed to qualify under the recent program changes. It is usually not needed and therefor not used, and no proof is needed. KEY words here are "if it is needed to qualify for income purposes".

By JR A.

Questions? Get answers from the American Advisors Group staff and other customers.

American Advisors Group?