Allume

Allume has a consumer rating of 3.37 stars from 19 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Allume also ranks 317th among Women's Clothing sites. The most common issues with Allume are around shipping times, which tend to take longer than expected by some customers.

• But I was wanting to get some new things, so I decided to try out Allume.

• Go with an actual styling services like Trunk Club and Stitch Fix.
  • Go with Trunk club at least they have the items they show you.
How would you rate Allume?

“Love this service! Found so much good stuff!”

Jenny K.
12/10/19

I used to LOVE shopping, and my friends always knew me as having awesome clothes and outfits. Since having a baby, I have not had any time to shop. I only shop for the baby now :P. But I was wanting to get some new things, so I decided to try out Allume. I LOVED my stylist, she got my style instantly and found things that fit my body and looked great on me. I've been recommending Allume to all my friends, and they all love it too!!

“Styling session”

Barbara L.
2/26/20

I did not have a phone call with my stylist so not sure how to rate this. I was sent a lot of clothes to review but nothing was offered in petites. So not sure why I was asked my sizes if I need to figure out my own sizing. What's the point? What am I paying for? Haven't gotten my items yet but I see no difference between Allume and shopping on my own. Plus I had to pay shipping! Not impressed so far.

styling services (4) things (4) trunk club (3)
jennyk180
December 10th, 2019
barbaral697
February 26th, 2020
I did not have a phone call with my stylist so not sure how to rate this.
Not impressed so far.
louisee42
February 11th, 2020
I started with Allume several months ago and have been so thrilled with my stylings. My stylist, Susanne, listened, remained flexible with choices, guided me on size and fit, and customized looks that were perfect for me. Thank you for being a fantastic stylist and Kudos to Allume. Excellent service, excellent quality, highly recommended!
cynthiaf224
February 19th, 2020
Everything began to come together very well. Stylist was on time for our text appointment and corresponded well. I placed an order, then saw lots of different charges coming through on my credit card, and not just one total from Allume. And, everything ships separately from all different vendors with their applied shipping charges. Also, there was no recap of my order available to compare the charges to, and when I asked for this, communication went silent. Then, a text came through saying that one of their vendors doesn't accept Amex and to provide them with a different card (MC or Visa). Where was I to send this to?? Allume, or the vendor, or the person on the other end of the phone?? Very odd. Again, never heard anything from anyone at Allume. This company comes across as fly by night and very poorly run. Lastly, no need to fill out the profile of your likes and dislikes, as they don't pay attention to it anyway. Colors and styles I'd indicated as a "no go" for me, were sent my way for viewing regardless. This experience is no different than viewing / shopping online.
carah52
February 27th, 2020
This service is amazing! Allume goes above and beyond to make sure that you are happy with your experience from start to finish. What I liked most is how you get to have an actual conversations with your stylist, instead of just providing feedback and never receiving a response. First, Sandy hand-picked outfits based off of my answers to the questionnaire and my photo. Then during our consultation, she took the time to understand what I liked and disliked about the outfits, and made immediate adjustments based off our conversation. She found items that I have been looking for but had been unable to find on my own! She was also great about mixing in pieces that were on sale and providing options at different price points that would still achieve the same look. After I made my purchase, she and the Concierge Team did a fantastic job about communicating with me regarding my order and answering my questions. As the items started to arrive in the mail, Sandy even reached out to discuss styling options with the pieces I received. In my opinion, there is not another company out there that compares with Allume. I could not be happier with my entire experience and will continue to buy my clothes through Sandy and her team. This is truly a customized service at an incredibly affordable price.

Tip for consumers: Be prepared to receive a lot of different packages arriving at different times. You need to keep the return labels and original packaging until you are sure you’re keeping the items. This can be hard if you make a large purchase. I received at least 10 different packages and didn’t realize that some companies required the original packaging until I went onto their website and looked at the process to return.

beccad12
December 12th, 2019
I really was impressed with the style and clothes that they had available, but I was very disappointed that not everything came together like it does with stitch fix and you have to pay separate shipping for any items that are not from the same company.I don't mind paying a flat rate for shipping, but I'm not going to pay shipping for every item!
simonaf9
March 18th, 2020
Do not waste your money. Stylist sent you the options that you already can find on their website. Stylist had technical issue internet didn't work at our appointment. I was sent a lot of clothes to review after the session but really you can buy on your own. Not impressed at all with the service! Poorly run - shop online on your own.
robynj38
February 28th, 2020
I decided to check out Allume's online styling services to compare it to the in-person services I tried at Nordstrom. I was able to schedule a day that same week and was assigned the stylist, Amanda. Amanda was very friendly, even showing interest in the looks created by my Nordstrom stylist. She texted me at our scheduled time and after a quick chat, prepared three looks for me in less than an hour. I really enjoyed how each look was given a title and a description plus multiple other items that coordinate with the looks. Overall, it was a fun experience that I would recommend to others to try.
melissab916
March 1st, 2020
I've tried so many different styling services -- StitchFix, Trunk Club, and DailyLook, and was constantly disappointed. I am SO happy that I found Allume. My favorite part was just being able to give feedback and text with my stylist. With other services, I always felt like they never really listened to me, but I loved being able to work together on my outfits with my stylists. It felt like a style collaboration. Initially, I didn't love a lot of what was selected for me, but was able to text my thoughts and I shared some screenshots from Instagram of style that I liked. My biggest gripe was around the shipping. I love that I'm not getting a bunch of random things sent to me in a box that feel cheap and overpriced, but I also don't love paying for shipping -- I'll do anything to avoid it!! So a few of the things I really liked I passed on, because I'm too cheap to pay for shipping. But, the best part was getting my $20 fee back after I bought a few things. I can't wait to get styled again! Very fun way to shop.
kimd378
March 7th, 2020
I cant say enough great things about Allume and my stylist Michelle! I have used other online personal shopping before but stopped as I was not satisfied with what I was getting and sent back things. They became disappointing. I heard good things about Allume and figured I'd give it one try. I was so pleasantly surprised! I was assigned a stylist, Michelle and texted with her as she worked to get my style. It didnt take long and she knew the questions to ask to pinpoint what I was looking for. She came up with 3 amazing full outfits, including shoes, jewelry and pocket books! The hardest part was deciding what to get because I wanted everything! Everything she chose for me was 100% my style and she found things I only wished I could find! I got quite a few things including a great dress I wore that very night! I felt amazing! Looking forward to my next shopping spree with Michelle!!
deborahp346
January 28th, 2020
Waste of $20, don't bother. No clue how to get my money back. Even though stylist sent tons of options, literally didn't like anything. Just didn't get my taste.
deem258
January 5th, 2020
I decided to try this styling service and I love it! My designer selected the perfect outfits to compliment my life and style, I am so impressed with the affordable quality of the clothing. There is no pressure to purchase, and excellent customer service!!

Dee Miskelly
carolek48
December 17th, 2019
I decided to give this service a try after a friend recommended it to me, and I admit, I was skeptical. I have a kind of specific style, and wasn't convinced a stylist who has never met me would get it. I was so wrong! First, I loved being able to text with my stylist. She was so caring, prompt, and kind of hilarious. Second, she totally nailed my style! I shared with her my Pinterest board, and she created 3 looks totally inspired by that and pushed me out of what I usually buy. Love my new pieces, and will definitely keep using this, if only for the outfit inspiration!
katelynw16
June 25th, 2019
This company is so bad. Nothing is ever in stock, prices are different and much more expensive than from the actual stores themselves. Stylists don't know what they are doing and take forever to respond to you. Go with an actual styling services like Trunk Club and Stitch Fix. This place is just bad.
lynnf124
January 1st, 2020
I tried a few of these services and this was so far beyond all the others. Everything fit perfectly, is high quality and I love it all. My stylist got it right every time for every occasion.
sheryll119
March 2nd, 2020
I was looking for an on-line stylist and hesitated to use services that just mail you a box of items. Allume's format seemed better to me as it gives you more options. My stylist customized several looks for me and there were a variety of similar items offered that coordinated with the look so I had a multiple pieces to choose from. Their web site also has lots of other collections to shop which I thought was great. Items are shipped from individual retailers but customer receives any price reductions or discounts retailer is currently offering. Shipping is a little more expensive because items are coming from multiple sources. It also would be great if items could be received faster without paying for expedited shipping. Overall very pleased with my experience however.
gabriellem62
February 26th, 2020
I tried Allume at the suggestion of my mother because I'm building my professional wardrobe. The service is much more interactive than other styling services like Stitch Fix. You fill out a styling quiz and select an appointment time for your text styling session. In advance of your styling session, your stylist prepares 3 looks for you. After they text the looks to you, you go through and love the things you love and text your stylist about things you didn't like. I liked the ability to communicate with my stylist and the list of items I ended up with.

My main complaint about the service is that there wasn't a good place to put in coupon codes for the retailers that you're ordering from, so in order to use my UNIDAYS student discount, I ordered a few things outside of the Allume interface. This didn't bother me at all as I ordered something from them I didn't have a discount for in order to use my styling fee, but if I didn't I think it would be a pain to use my student discount inside their interface.
stacyg162
April 20th, 2019
They have lots of pretty pictures but most items that I selected to purchase either didn't come in my size or were sold out. Did place an order and then less than 12 hours later was told the item I purchased was no longer available. Go with Trunk club at least they have the items they show you.
christineg236
June 20th, 2019
I paid the $20 fee for a session with a stylist and immediately responded with questions. No reply. Then I contacted the company to request additional information from my styling session. No reply. When I sent an email to Allume, they responded quickly offering to flag my account to ensure I received prompt attention and offered another session with an experienced stylist at no charge. I agreed, impressed by their response and guess what? No response with the style session they offered. I still have no idea why I paid them $20. This is a scam. Be aware!

Definitely legit. Got some great pieces thanks to my stylist.

By Carole K.