Alaska Car Transport reviews

winnies14
Winnie S.
3/3/19

The time frame was great, everyone I was in contact with were pleasant and informative. I did have a couple of small car rubs, at pickup and I thought they were dirt spots until washing my car and trying to remove them. I will get them fixed when I get my oil changed. Overall, I would use Alaska car transport again. Except for the car rubs, everything was excellent, thanks!

jonv36
Jon V.
1/29/19

So far very good, until entire transport takes place. It is hard to rate a 5 until everything is said and done.

ngonzalezj
NGonzalez J.
1/23/19

The set up and process of shipping was super easy!
It took 37 days to receive my vehicle, AK to mid-TN. I wasn't too disappointed with the delivery being later (2 weeks)than they initially informed me of, it was over the holiday season and the weather wasn't the best. The main reason I rated them 3 stars is because their customer service is not great. I contacted their chat personnel at least 7 times, I only every received 1 response. I couldn't see it though because they closed the chat before I could read it & my signal was sketchy so it deleted, I took it as a grain of salt. However, the continued contact was frustrating, trying to track my car, my messages were either never read or read but no response by the same 2 female representatives. I ended up emailing the company and they responded the next day and told me where it was located & estimate delivery.
If I didn't need to contact customer service, and have the experience I did through chat, I would have given a 5 star but people is what makes a company a company, their customer service chat representatives need to work on being helpful.

johnc1921
John C.
12/23/18

I was forced to pay by credit card because your site would not allow me to use my bank checking account, no matter how many times I tried. Consequently, I was forced to pay$39 extra, which was an unpleasant surprise. I routinely avoid businesses with extra credit card charges, especially companies that do not warn upfront. You did not.

michelec169
12/17/18

I shipped my daughter's car to her from Washington to Alaska. I was told to have the car washed before transport, so I took it through the automatic car wash on the way to drop it at the port, and of course it was raining. The lady who checked it in told me the car was dirty because the wash hadn't cleaned the rear quarter panels well. Just was not friendly at all. Then I was given an itinerary with numbers to call with any questions. As the day to pick up her car arrived my daughter tried all day to get through to the number listed to call. She kept getting a message to leave a voice mail and she would have her call returned. After leaving 6 voice mails she called me in frustration asking what to do. I called the original line I called to make the reservation. The customer service agent there told me she would have her supervisor call my daughter the next day. Two days later still no call, no voice mails returned, no e-mails returned... Finally, 4 days, after the date we were told the vehicle would be ready for pick up, and still no contact from Alaska Car Transport, My daughter got a call from the storage facility that her car would be ready for pick up later today. I am hoping it is not damaged, as of right now I have no faith what-so-ever in this company. If you can avoid them I definitely would!

Tip for consumers: Avoid this company or be prepared for a Horrible Customer Experience

judithl72
Judith L.
12/8/18

Delivered as promised. On time, notified of arrival in a timely manner, staff courteous and helpful.

dianem381
Diane M.
11/2/18

It took 2 mobths to get my vehicle delivered from Alaska to Tennessee. I was told my truck was on the barge to Tacoma over the phone and I got an email a week later stating it had just been received in Anchorage. Why it took weeks to get to Anchorage from Fairbanks I don't know. It did arrive in Nashville Tennessee sooner than expected but the original destination was supposed to be my home 3 hours away....

randyv20
Randy V.
10/27/18

My daughter owns the car and dealt with the shippers My part is to complete the booking forms which has gone well to this point

stacied10
Stacie D.
10/9/18

The driver suggested that my elderly mother well to where the truck was parked at 10pm and when she said she couldn't he was rude and told her that he could drive the Jeep to her but she would have to drive him back to his truck. Very rude and very unprofessional.

robg95
Rob G.
10/5/18

We made this reservation about 7:30pm Friday evening 10/05/18. No one was available on the telephone. Please call this evening, over the weekend or after &:00 Monday Oct 8 so we know to bring in the vehicle. Rob Gamel 907-715-6088

dougs189
Doug S.
9/19/18

So far so good. Online booking was very user friendly and followup phone calls/emails from representative were spot on.

charlenec62
Charlene C.
9/12/18

Thank you Jason Kay for all the worries, stress, and lies you provided me wit the shipment of my automobile. Because of your poor standards, I will never recommend nor will I use this company again.

thaddusw
Thaddus W.
8/24/18

Sales representative was very helpful, comprehensive and maintained connection throughout my transaction.

kennetht50
Kenneth T.
4/30/18

Mr. Marino has been very helpful and the experience has been very professional. Auto was received on time and in good shape. The service was just as advertised. I would use them again.

davidr722
David R.
4/30/18

I had many questions and wanted to understand everything before I booked and Rob was very patient with me! Thanks!

paulat57
Paula T.
4/29/18

This will be my second time using this company. I was so impressed by how well things were communicated the first time I couldn't imagine going anywhere else to have my truck shipped.

matthewd101
Matthew D.
4/26/18

George is very respectful and really helped fit the perfect shipping to send my show quality truck from Alaska to Arizona

katek66
Kate K.
2/2/18

Everyone I've spoken with and emailed so far in this process has been extremely helpful and friendly.

matts211
Matt S.
1/22/18

Horrific customer experience.

Misaligned dates from actual shipper, was lied to, vehicle was damaged, and the inability and REFUSAL to communicate resulted in excessive hotel, rental car, and daily lodging costs...

Awful, wretched, terrible..... just absolutely PATHETIC....

amandah210
Amanda H.
12/29/17

The online quote was nice and my car did in fact make it from Anchorage to Seattle for the amount of money quoted. However, when issues arose, we as the customer were never notified until the scheduled day of drop off. We had to problem solve on our own and were given significant attitude from the staff. Then I was contacted being told that my vehicle was ready, when in fact it wasn't, thank goodness I called the Port myself to confirm the information. Overall unimpressed. My advice, skip the middle man and schedule directly with a carrier.

lorineb1
Lorine B.
12/16/17

Everything was great - had no trouble with booking except I think you should put a quote in there regarding shipping or extra items in car - other than that, no problem at all.

lisac453
Lisa C.
11/11/17

my bank routing number will not be accepted by your system even though it is the correct number. I want to use an ach withdrawl to save the convenience fee and would like help processing this!

cherylj63
Cheryl J.
10/6/17

So far, so good. Online booking system is super easy. The staff members on both the drop off and pick up were really nice and helpful. Great Customer Service and Car Care..!!

brendaw131
Brenda W.
8/14/17

This was the cheapest and easiest car shipping so far! They delivered my car as promised! Very happy!

michaels845
michael s.
8/5/17

Love the whole process from receiving the Quote in under 10 seconds to the completion of the request and paying has been an Awesome experience ! Thank YOU!!

Questions? Get answers from the Alaska Car Transport staff and other customers.

Alaska Car Transport?