Review of Boutique1861

Tel: 1 (514) 670-6110
info@boutique1861.com

karleighp1
8/28/19

Do not order a dress from this company. Terrible quality, terrible customer service, 100% regret purchasing.

Zero responsibility for defective dresses, zero help offered to their customers who need to get a dress altered because it was sent defective, zero chance I will ever ever ever spend another dollar at this store.

I am in a wedding party of 8 women. We all ordered the Tiziana dress from Boutique 1861 in Burgundy. It fit everyone like a dream, the colour and silhouette was beautiful - I was showing pictures to everyone, raving about the company and its beautiful dresses. I spent a few months travelling abroad, and just a few weeks ago finally got my hands on the dress. We had ordered a dress the previous year for everyone to try on, so I knew that this dress would be perfect on my body, knew my size, etc. I tried on the dress the other day to gauge if I would need any alterations done, and I notice that one side of the top of the dress is sewn under - making the entire top twist in a very ugly and asymmetrical way. I look under the dress, and see that whoever had sewn the dress had slipped with the sewing machine/fallen asleep at the machine/who knows. The dress is discontinued at this point, and the wedding is in November 2019 (2 months from now). Seeing the stitches, I knew that the dress could be fixed by a seamstress. Because the dress was sent to me defective, I contacted the company to see if there was any way they could help me (cover the cost of the alterations, allow me to send the dress back to them for fixing, etc.) I paid $200 for the dress as pictured on the website, the same dress that everyone else received in perfect condition. I understand that accidents do happen, but when you are advertising a product a certain way and charging a decent amount for it, you have to deliver that product to the customer, and take accountability when you send out a product that is defective. Did their quality control team fall asleep as well?!

I contacted customer service, and because I was contacting them outside of their 30-day return policy, they could do absolutely NOTHING for me. They couldn't even cover the $39 alteration fee that I was quoted from a local alterations company. They went all the way to "speak with the president," and still told me that there was nothing they could do. I explained that I had been travelling out of the country for a few months, and just got my hands on the dress. They basically said "too bad, once the dress has left our hands, and it is past 30 days, it is the customer's responsibility." Absolutely zero ownership, pride, or accountability in their product. I have to spend more money to get the dress that I was supposed to get in the first place. Honestly, save your money. Being in a bridal party is stressful enough without having to beg a company for a couple dollars to repair a dress that they sent to you defective. I am sick about this whole thing. I understand if I had said "oh I don't like it, I'd like to return it" - that's when the 30 day policy should kick in. But they are sending out defective products and claiming that they are not responsible for their screw up outside of 30 days. It is wrong!

Oh and the kicker is that I am maid of honour in another wedding, and was about to purchase 8 additional dresses from this company, plus a maid of honour dress. Like I said, they have lost me as a customer and I will be telling every bride, maid of honour, bridesmaid about the awful customer service, and awful dress quality from now until the end of time.

francesj27
1/29/18

I frequently check this website as they always have new items coming in. They also have a variety of styles

dawnl40
4/7/16

Just purchased a dress online for my daughter and some jewelry. It came within two weeks, beautifully wrapped, a personal note and quality was amazing. I would recommend this store to anyone.

Dawn Ledwez

estherd5
12/5/15

My daughter introduced me to this wonderful store called "Boutique 1861" located in Montreal Quebec. She really felt drawn to a certain dress on the website and she decided to buy it. The picture of the dress and the dress she received were exactly identical. It arrived in a week, (the estimated time) and came with a little heart warming hand-written note! Bravo 1861, you are an amazing store that strives for excellence in all areas of aspect. You made my daughter very pleased with her purchase, thank you.

Tip for consumers: Vintage-style clothing, very hip! Exceptional for prom, semi-formal, etc. New stuff coming online every day. Very, very satisfied customer.

Questions? Get answers from the Boutique1861 staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Boutique1861