Review of 123Stitch.com

Tel: +1-801-495-0908
info@123stitch.com

cynthiak22
6/11/18

I have ordered from 123stitch.com quite a few times over the last year or so, and most of the time they have been quick to dispatch my orders, even the same day sometimes. When I've wanted to add anything to an order before it was dispatched, they did that, and there are some companies that refuse to do that, amazon being one of them. They are quick to respond to emails, either the same day or more rarely in my experience the next day. I rang them up once, and a person answered the phone immediately, there was no annoying menu with press this, that or the other first. They have only made mistakes a couple of times but were quick to send me the missing item each time without arguing about it. There was one occasion when they sent me the wrong thread and told me to keep it when they sent me the correct one. A small thing, perhaps, but not everybody does that. The only frustrating thing I've experienced, and it's happened twice, was when an item was out of stock and ended up taking a couple of months before they finally received some stock again. They've asked their supplier for me a couple of times if they had a certain item I was looking for, and when they did, they special ordered it for me. They sell a huge number of different items, but don't appear to have much stock of any given item. I have the impression that it's not a very big company, but I could be wrong because I don't know, but they do offer a more personal service than I have come across elsewhere from an independent website. I've had out-of-hours replies from them on more than one occasion. The only other negative is that if you want to return anything to them, they don't offer free returns. I looked on their forum a couple of times briefly, and I didn't see any competitor-bashing, I doubt if they have the time to do that themselves if there is some of that, but what was there that I thought was inappropriate were topics that were far afield from anything to do with crafting, but that was down to the posters, not 123stitch. My experiences with 123stitch have been overall positive ones, which is why I have continued to be a repeat customer.

arturoa12
1/29/18

*deep breath* I just got off the phone with them to inquire a second time about an order I placed in mid-December. Their website indicated the order was to arrive on Christmas Day. I figured that was perhaps optimistic but I was ok considering the season. Fast-forward 3 weeks, and I called to find out what happened with the order since I'd received nothing. They were apologetic and indicated that the distributor was out of stock and that I should receive the order in about two weeks. Ok, not ideal but fine.

Fast-forward to today. I call back a little more frustrated because I realized that it has been 45 DAYS since I placed the order. The lady who answered the phone indicated as I'd heard before that they were out of stock, and that they had no idea when it would be in stock. So I think, but don't say, "Wait, what? You run a store and you have no clue when your inventory will come in?" I pressed this point and they said, this time offering a "this is how it is and I don't care what you tell me" tone of voice, that they had 135 orders, apparently of this same item, and all of them had to be filled so she had no idea when mine would be shipped. Now I'm thinking, "Wait, WHAT? You have no queueing system? No way to tell the nth person in your queue when approximately they might get their product that according to their website was effectively promised to arrive on a certain day??? And how exactly is this my problem?" So I, frustrated now, push back: this is bordering on unacceptable, I need some kind of estimate. No estimate, it could be two months. And would I like to cancel. Yes please, cancel my order. In fact cancel your whole store. How do you run a business like this??

So, do yourselves a favor; avoid this store for online orders. And if you decide to order you might as well mark your calendars for delivery in Nevuary of 2018 because for all these people know, that's when their orders are going to ship.

I ordered from dmc<dot>com instead. Hopefully their estimated delivery date actually means something.

cherylm104
10/27/16

Once again, 123 stitch is the place to shop. A huge THANK YOU to Cherie for helping me with the fabric I wanted. It is even better than I imagined. As usual, the fast delivery across the country was very much appreciated.

annab120
12/4/14

fair prices, fast shipping. I like the variety of kits you can find at this wwebsite.

carinm
1/28/12

Was reading their forums trying to get a review on a good site for latch hook products. I noticed one thing pretty consistent. The posts on the forum appear to be staged against their competition. What a crappy way to do business!! It became very clear after reading many posts and just thought I would bring it to the attention of the community. Take a look!

darvc
8/5/11

If you ever need any color of thread/floss, this site has it all xD I like making friendship bracelets so I run out of colors fairly quickly. Since I don't have a car, I can't go to Michaels and buy more floss. This site offers a wide variety and for a cheap price each. The delivery arrives after a week or so.

Questions? Get answers from the 123Stitch.com staff and other customers.

123Stitch.com?