US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

otoniod

I like the simplicity of removing my information from whitepages.com (in 24 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

es1066
5/24/16

Complete fraud. Even if you don't sign up for free trial, they make it seem like giving them your contact info will give you access to your first report, even though it won't, just so they can sell it to others.

karenp102
5/18/16

I signed up to search one person's name for one month and they started charging me for every month. As I read the review, I discover that I am not the only person that this has happened to. This appears to be their M.O. of how they get their income.

johnr349
5/18/16

I purchased a record, my own, & half of the things on it had nothing to do with me. They had me owning properties that I never owned, people associated with me that I never heard of, e-mail address that I never had. You can't trust the info. they give you, who knows where it came from !

kr3226
5/17/16

I signed up for the 10 day trail for $ 1. They then went and billed me $ 29.99 on the 10th day. I called to cancel and they said they would. The following month I see another $ 29.99 charge on my credit card. So now I have called my credit card company and they will credit me back the money. It is amazing this company is still in business with all the customer complaints. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WIITH THEM

kindya
5/2/16

Fraudulent ripoff. They have outdated info and dupe you into thinking you will get more than you do. They will charge your credit card monthly even though you just buy it as a one time search! They, of course, don't answer the phone and you wait on hold forever and no one answers. DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY. Instead, report to attorneys to get a class action filed against this useless rip off.

ks144
4/29/16

Many other reviewers hit the nail on the head. Whitepages takes personal information that is not public such as phone numbers, birth dates and family members and displays it on their site for everyone to see. Their opt-out doesn't work because once your "profile" is removed, they will put it back up within a month and hope you forgot about it. The most disturbing is that they publish personal/home/cell phone numbers and claim that they are public record. They arrogantly say they will not remove phone numbers from their site because "the phone numbers aren't attributed to a person" and they are "public record". But they forgot that if you click the phone number it goes to a page where they ask for your credit card info to purchase a report of the phone number, listing the owner name, address and other personal info. THEY PROFIT OFF OF YOUR PRIVACY AND PUT YOUR LIFE IN DANGER. So, they do have your personal info attached to the phone number which they claim is so mysterious. Also, everyone should know, in order to remove a name and address type of profile about yourself, you need to provide them a phone number to confirm that it is you. They have all your info and its for sale. Shut down those sub human filth once and for all. Submit a complaint to the FTC at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-1 and through your home state's attorney general/governor's consumer protection division.

wahw
4/21/16

I give your website 0 stars, because every number that I looked up,seems to be blocked. This is probably because they have made scamming calls or will be. It does not show the owner, but it shows only the location. That does not make sense. This does not help me at all.

guessw4
4/13/16

Nothing but a scam outfit. With whitepages the only thing they are going to do for you is screw you, and not in a good way.

timp53
4/13/16

This site seems to count every mouse click as a use of credit. In five seconds I spent nearly £10 and got very little info.

Expensive and pretty useless.

ering26
4/8/16

This website is bull****. I Googled my own name to monitor what my name is associated with on the weV and Whitepages.com showed that I not only "May Know" a specific individual but showed that we currently live at the same location. I have lived in my apartment for 3 years and NEVER met this person however, periodically receive his mail such as court summons and letters from credit card associations/& no company labeled envelopes labeled "Must Reply Immedietly". So why is this person showing up as a family member thay lives in my household?

tylers48
4/3/16

This website only had two things correct other than my first and last name and age they had my family members and my last five previous addresses other than that the information they had on me and the information they're giving out on me was false which is causing texts emails and phone calls loss of work and a overall Social Nightmare they would not allow me to take off my information and like to meet pay for it to be taken off whitepages.com with no response to emails I believe that this website is a is a scam for they say at the bottom of the page we did not verify or evaluate each piece of data and we make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy of the information and our comprehensive reports

colleenc8
3/2/16

Don't go to the White Pages to look anything up. If you you your private browser your fine but if you they will sell your information to hundreds of other businesses. Then to remove yourself from their site you gotta go through an obstacle course. They are thei v es. WATCHING OUT

lizs39
2/23/16

My information use to be correct on white pages, now it has my name listed with mother-in-laws phone number and address. Sent requests to have it updated, but they say they are unable to update information at this time. What a joke, you would be better to make you own web page with your address and phone number than to rely on them. Had to pick one star to be able to submit, they don't deserve any

paulac38
2/16/16

This is horrible. I try to get this personal information off of this site but it keeps coming back. Is there anyway to shut this business down?

christineh57
1/28/16

They post personal information about business owners that is not otherwise known (personal phone numbers, addresses, previous names, etc.) even when they know that releasing this information places the business owner's personal safety in danger and destroys any chance that person had of feeling safe inside their home. The information that this site releases aids criminals in stealing your identity and destroying your good name and credit. They refuse to answer their phone and emails when people send them requests to remove their personal information. Contact your local Office of the Attorney General and report them. Report them to every online credit protection agency and identity fraud agency such as Privacy Rights Clearinghouse for their abusive use of power over innocent citizen's rights to keep their private information private, ESPECIALLY, when they have no legitimate reason to have our information, let alone, give it to outsiders and criminals. Check out your personal information and see what they're saying about you and then report them to every review site you can find. I work for a highly confidential agency working with high profile criminals. This site released all of my personal information into the internet.

kentg14
12/8/15

whitepages.com is now worthless. Might as well skip them and go to the pay site they direct you to.

randyk15
12/1/15

Hope you clowns at White Pages read this! You wonder why I call your operation a SCAM? No REAL product or service! Tried looking up my aunt's phone number that lives out of town and all I got was some sort of background check service wanting to tell me all about her criminal history.

MY GOD! This 82 year old lady may have gotten a parking ticket at some point in her life but that's about it.

After all the BS, I never was given her phone number.

Well look out scammers! I LOVE TO EXPOSE FRAUD!! ..... And guess who's next on my radar!

sandram73
11/23/15

We have been using whitepages.com to help us make sure new customers are not actually old customers whose address has changed. Loved it for a long time, but am now looking for a better value and better service. Even though we are paying for a subscription to their pro service, they now only provide troubleshooting and help desk support to enterprise customers. So, no customer service despite being a paying customer. Also, since we are only allowed a set number of searches, I would use the free service if just needed a spelling for a name or to verify an address. Today they cut me off from the free service using my ip address as the identifier. Said I have to use pro because I am a business. Thats just weird. Really really weird. Use to feel like I was dealing with a business, now feel like Im dealing with an internet scam. Time to shop for a replacement...

anona24
11/18/15

This website and company is the worst , absolute worst. They will use and publish your personal information without your permission and refuse to remove your information when directed to do so. Read BBB complaints , the same story about people trying to get their information removed and white pages refuses to remove. The phone number is fake, you can't call only email and just know the employees in customer service will lie to you and say your information is removed but it isn't. This is illegal. You have the right to have your personal information removed upon request. Horrible , just awful. I have Alex the CEO's home address, I should publish it online and see how he likes it. I bet his personal information isn't listed on white pages.com

davidm338
10/27/15

I downloaded the Whitepages iPhone app. The app allows you to look up businesses and provides a phone number, but the person answering that number does not work for the business. They try to steer you to a competitor, sometimes saying that the company you are looking for is not taking new customers! Definite scam.

pissedc9
10/21/15

Online support to remove does not work and they do not pickup the phone.
They have all my families information and that also wrong information.
We ran into a major problem because they have somebody unknown individual information included in family database.
Vultures where do they get people's information. Everywhere you go they make you sign privacy act documents. Yet these vultures have access to it.

Tip for consumers: Shame on this company stealing people's information and selling. I am surprised they can run this kind of business.....where is privacy act?
Online support to remove does not work and they do not pickup the phone.
They have all my families information and that also wrong information.

dallask9
10/20/15

It's not working! No results for people or addresses!

whitep1
9/8/15

I have just found out that this junkie online based vulture has been stealing private information and sell them online for another vulture. Check your name online and the likelihood is that Whitepages has stolen them (FOR SALE)!

jackl85
9/1/15

Used to get right to data but no longer..... Has become a useless waste of time!

melaniew6
7/12/15

I used to love going to White Pages....now I HATE it! You can't get a simple address without having to go through a background check. I am never using you guys again!!

landona1
6/21/15

I just found this site while searching for a phone no. lookup, and just wanted to test it. I live in Ottawa, (613) being the area code, look it up, and it says the owner of the number lives in Miami.

goosyk
5/14/15

Owner info: Donald Carter, Athens Georgia 740 590 5874

Have some great audio of him making threats to the aims division team, he is phucked.

tonyn23
4/27/15

Intellus, Radaris and Instant Checkmate are owned by the same Indian telemarketing group. The information that they claim to "provide" is publicly available They paid huge sums for Whitepages.com and other similar online phone books. They all redirect to their scam site.

I say scam as they INFER that the information (like phone numbers) is available. But it is not. Read the fine print. EVEN THEfSEARCH DELAY (AS IF THEY ARE SEARCHING) is just to make you think they actually performed some type of service. Look at the flickering Icon during the "search" , they are only searching all available websites like Ebay, Tumblr, Amazon, Facebook, etc,,,...for any information. It is a search you can conduct with more efficiency.

View contact details and you will understand ...read the FINE PRINT:
" The information available on our website may not be 100% accurate, complete, or up to date"

IT IS USELESS --- MORE PATHETIC IS THAT 4/5 of the "POSITIVE" reviews they received are from Shills.... people with only one good review- ever...and for them....

These people are pure scum....just scamming people. As long as the pay the Premium Better Business Membership dues, even the BBB rates them as good.....the "good rating" despite all the complaints. ALL they have to do to make hte complaint NOT count is respond to the complainant. The BBB is a pimp....

maurenes
3/23/15

My father died 7+ years ago. He's not going to answer any cold calling. It does however, distress my 78 year old mother, who has multiple disabilities to still get phone calls - asking for him or simply just hassling her, because they have a phone number to get through to. Utterly unreliable and disreputable. Ex directory and off the electoral role published lists, yet this company ignores and charges you in order to get your details taken down. Just exactly how reliable IS that information you're selling, and how open will any clients be if you contact them via THIS shyster route????

jasonh68
3/17/15

This site is useless. This used to be my go-to site for reverse phone look-up but now it's completely worthless. You get absolutely no information - unless you want to pay.

feliciad4
2/5/15

This office has the best team & friendliest staff in providing the best patient care. I would recommend this to anyone.

sheryl-lindsellr
1/14/15

BEWARE of Marc DiVerdi, Owner/Operator of FIREPLACE REFITTER, 7 Roberts Road, Shrewsbury, MA—an UNLICENSED contractor. He ripped us off big time. We hired Marc to install a woodburning stove insert into a space that was housing a regular fireplace. Marc tore out our fireplace, installed a woodburning stove (charged us $15,000) and we couldn’t pass inspection because he didn’t come close to installing the unit as per the manufacturer’s specifications. The building inspector told us that the installation put us at risk for burning our house down. Marc refused to remediate this problem; he just took our money and ran.

I didn't want to give even a one-star, but I had to put something in to write this.

yvonnel10
12/31/14

Whitepages sucks BIG TIME. It has only useless and incorrect information. How do they survive with such horrible incompetence? I think they ought to be removed as a website for thier incompetence and horrible inadequate information. They combine your last name with someone not even associated with you, they combine people in your household who never ever lived with you, they list wrong addresses and link you to websites you never requested in the first place. YOU SUCK, WHITEPAGES and I would go ANYWHERE ELSE for information.

davek46
11/30/14

I went to Peak used cars first and found some one willing to listen to me and get me into a vehicle I could afford and I liked John Grant helped me. I will let my friends know Thank you Sir!!!

timw33
10/22/14

Very disappointed. Update residential details does not work when logged in. State box only lets you enter 2 letters for state abbreviation(programming error) I also used firebug to modify webpages source to let me enter 3 letters however the website would still not accept state abbreviation.

kipc5
10/13/14

whitepages.com is horrible. They should have to tell you up front that you will be charged for someones phone number. It's fraud by deception. Many people think whitepages.com is a public page and since they can't find the number they are looking for then the only way to get it is to pay for it.

michaelk68
10/8/14

Now a terrible site. It used to duplicate the paper whitepages. Once it got big it changed so it doesn't give the phone number without charging you.

baff
10/7/14

White pages...... have you read the reviews on your site? Not real are they. Why don't you provide a service that helps? What a novel idea!

rickc32
8/28/14

I hate this website! I can never, easily, get the information I want. All I want is an address for the person I enter. I do NOT want a complete background check for $1.95. Suck it white pages.

Tip for consumers: Have a lot of patience

jw72
7/13/14

After numerous emails to them they have failed to remove my information. They will remove some but they only tell you that after repeated emails. They wont remove the rest because it is "from advertisers." So whitepages continues to make money AND not remove info. They are totally without morals.

abcc
7/9/14

Blow up this piece of crap. What a mess...I'm going to call and get 700 phone books since their system is so bad.

priyar3
6/4/14

On seeing this site in the sponsor ads I just like that visits.All the people listings are in public folder.When I followed,the link went to peoplefinders.com.When I seeing the things,my computer warned me that whitepages.com is trying to accedd your system,allow or deny.I denied and got out of the site immediately.Guys these people are trying to hack people's system I guess.Stay e Awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..............I tried to remove that one star.But it said its the worst star...............

jr80
6/1/14

This site used to give basic info such as address, phone number, etc. Now, even though the header shouts "free" information, you get nothing without having to pay for it. A total rip off. Should be taken off the web 'cause it's useless.

bills94
5/20/14

they will not correct a business listing and have a automatic customer service support email that replies with the same thing no matter what you say when emailing support@whitepages.com This type of site needs to be shutdown scamming people everyday.

danb75
5/11/14

looking for a phone number got nothing but solicitations. They suck. Advertisers should be contacted and the old white pages phone books should take legal action. Hope it fails

keithd18
7/22/13

Horrible. Didn't ask for my business to be listed, but it is with incorrect information. Customer service horrific with no ability to correct a listing that I would prefer be removed altogether.

otoniod
7/8/13

I like the simplicity of removing my information from whitepages.com

angelaj5
7/7/13

I was trying to figure out the owner of a number that is calling me and hanging up. The site said it had the name of the owner and it would text it to me for 1.99. It text me a confirmation of the charge without the name and never responded with the information that i paid for.

scotts70
7/4/13

They claim to be free info. IT'S NOT! Got no problem with ppl asking money for their service, but don't say it's free!

abt1
1/22/13

I made a comment earlier but it didn't give me a chance to rate it. So Here it is - I wish I could give it zero.

They have my company info on this site. We don't want our info on sites like this. It harms our reputation. We have never requested it. The info they have is wrong and it upsets our customers if they stumble on that site and have wrong info. The company refuses to take responsibility, won't correct it, and tries to funnel us to yet another scammer site who is simply trying to mine our information.

I strongly recommend everyone avoid this site.

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Whitepages staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
3/13/16
Answer
colleenc8
A: They want you to go to their site and give them even more of your personal info to remove yourself. Them crooks sell our info. I didn't give them anymore info there for I'm sure they are still selling it.
4/6/16