US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

otoniod

I like the simplicity of removing my information from whitepages.com (in 15 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

landona1
6/21/15

I just found this site while searching for a phone no. lookup, and just wanted to test it. I live in Ottawa, (613) being the area code, look it up, and it says the owner of the number lives in Miami.

goosyk
5/14/15

Owner info: Donald Carter, Athens Georgia 740 590 5874

Have some great audio of him making threats to the aims division team, he is phucked.

tonyn23
4/27/15

Intellus, Radaris and Instant Checkmate are owned by the same Indian telemarketing group. The information that they claim to "provide" is publicly available They paid huge sums for Whitepages.com and other similar online phone books. They all redirect to their scam site.

I say scam as they INFER that the information (like phone numbers) is available. But it is not. Read the fine print. EVEN THEfSEARCH DELAY (AS IF THEY ARE SEARCHING) is just to make you think they actually performed some type of service. Look at the flickering Icon during the "search" , they are only searching all available websites like Ebay, Tumblr, Amazon, Facebook, etc,,,...for any information. It is a search you can conduct with more efficiency.

View contact details and you will understand ...read the FINE PRINT:
" The information available on our website may not be 100% accurate, complete, or up to date"

IT IS USELESS --- MORE PATHETIC IS THAT 4/5 of the "POSITIVE" reviews they received are from Shills.... people with only one good review- ever...and for them....

These people are pure scum....just scamming people. As long as the pay the Premium Better Business Membership dues, even the BBB rates them as good.....the "good rating" despite all the complaints. ALL they have to do to make hte complaint NOT count is respond to the complainant. The BBB is a pimp....

maurenes
3/23/15

My father died 7+ years ago. He's not going to answer any cold calling. It does however, distress my 78 year old mother, who has multiple disabilities to still get phone calls - asking for him or simply just hassling her, because they have a phone number to get through to. Utterly unreliable and disreputable. Ex directory and off the electoral role published lists, yet this company ignores and charges you in order to get your details taken down. Just exactly how reliable IS that information you're selling, and how open will any clients be if you contact them via THIS shyster route????

jasonh68
3/17/15

This site is useless. This used to be my go-to site for reverse phone look-up but now it's completely worthless. You get absolutely no information - unless you want to pay.

feliciad4
2/5/15

This office has the best team & friendliest staff in providing the best patient care. I would recommend this to anyone.

sheryl-lindsellr
1/14/15

BEWARE of Marc DiVerdi, Owner/Operator of FIREPLACE REFITTER, 7 Roberts Road, Shrewsbury, MA—an UNLICENSED contractor. He ripped us off big time. We hired Marc to install a woodburning stove insert into a space that was housing a regular fireplace. Marc tore out our fireplace, installed a woodburning stove (charged us $15,000) and we couldn’t pass inspection because he didn’t come close to installing the unit as per the manufacturer’s specifications. The building inspector told us that the installation put us at risk for burning our house down. Marc refused to remediate this problem; he just took our money and ran.

I didn't want to give even a one-star, but I had to put something in to write this.

yvonnel10
12/31/14

Whitepages sucks BIG TIME. It has only useless and incorrect information. How do they survive with such horrible incompetence? I think they ought to be removed as a website for thier incompetence and horrible inadequate information. They combine your last name with someone not even associated with you, they combine people in your household who never ever lived with you, they list wrong addresses and link you to websites you never requested in the first place. YOU SUCK, WHITEPAGES and I would go ANYWHERE ELSE for information.

davek46
11/30/14

I went to Peak used cars first and found some one willing to listen to me and get me into a vehicle I could afford and I liked John Grant helped me. I will let my friends know Thank you Sir!!!

timw33
10/22/14

Very disappointed. Update residential details does not work when logged in. State box only lets you enter 2 letters for state abbreviation(programming error) I also used firebug to modify webpages source to let me enter 3 letters however the website would still not accept state abbreviation.

kipc5
10/13/14

whitepages.com is horrible. They should have to tell you up front that you will be charged for someones phone number. It's fraud by deception. Many people think whitepages.com is a public page and since they can't find the number they are looking for then the only way to get it is to pay for it.

michaelk68
10/8/14

Now a terrible site. It used to duplicate the paper whitepages. Once it got big it changed so it doesn't give the phone number without charging you.

baff
10/7/14

White pages...... have you read the reviews on your site? Not real are they. Why don't you provide a service that helps? What a novel idea!

rickc32
8/28/14

I hate this website! I can never, easily, get the information I want. All I want is an address for the person I enter. I do NOT want a complete background check for $1.95. Suck it white pages.

Tip for consumers: Have a lot of patience

jw72
7/13/14

After numerous emails to them they have failed to remove my information. They will remove some but they only tell you that after repeated emails. They wont remove the rest because it is "from advertisers." So whitepages continues to make money AND not remove info. They are totally without morals.

abcc
7/9/14

Blow up this piece of crap. What a mess...I'm going to call and get 700 phone books since their system is so bad.

priyar3
6/4/14

On seeing this site in the sponsor ads I just like that visits.All the people listings are in public folder.When I followed,the link went to peoplefinders.com.When I seeing the things,my computer warned me that whitepages.com is trying to accedd your system,allow or deny.I denied and got out of the site immediately.Guys these people are trying to hack people's system I guess.Stay e Awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..............I tried to remove that one star.But it said its the worst star...............

jr80
6/1/14

This site used to give basic info such as address, phone number, etc. Now, even though the header shouts "free" information, you get nothing without having to pay for it. A total rip off. Should be taken off the web 'cause it's useless.

bills94
5/20/14

they will not correct a business listing and have a automatic customer service support email that replies with the same thing no matter what you say when emailing support@whitepages.com This type of site needs to be shutdown scamming people everyday.

danb75
5/11/14

looking for a phone number got nothing but solicitations. They suck. Advertisers should be contacted and the old white pages phone books should take legal action. Hope it fails

keithd18
7/22/13

Horrible. Didn't ask for my business to be listed, but it is with incorrect information. Customer service horrific with no ability to correct a listing that I would prefer be removed altogether.

otoniod
7/8/13

I like the simplicity of removing my information from whitepages.com

angelaj5
7/7/13

I was trying to figure out the owner of a number that is calling me and hanging up. The site said it had the name of the owner and it would text it to me for 1.99. It text me a confirmation of the charge without the name and never responded with the information that i paid for.

scotts70
7/4/13

They claim to be free info. IT'S NOT! Got no problem with ppl asking money for their service, but don't say it's free!

abt1
1/22/13

I made a comment earlier but it didn't give me a chance to rate it. So Here it is - I wish I could give it zero.

They have my company info on this site. We don't want our info on sites like this. It harms our reputation. We have never requested it. The info they have is wrong and it upsets our customers if they stumble on that site and have wrong info. The company refuses to take responsibility, won't correct it, and tries to funnel us to yet another scammer site who is simply trying to mine our information.

I strongly recommend everyone avoid this site.

scottm49
11/24/12

white pages suck every time I want a local phone number for a person they want me to do a back ground check and charge me! I just want a phone number if they don't have it leave it at that it is a total waste of your time they don't deserve 1 star it should have negative stars!!

allos3
9/19/12

Whitepages.com used to be a 5 start web site. It has fallen so rapidly, I can't even give it a 1. What used to be free is now a monthly paid for option. Maybe not too bad if you have to look up a lot of people. BUT, the results they are now coming back with now are far from accurate - and it is public information, so it is not like they shouldn't be able to find it.
I have switched to anywho.com/whitepage, free and accurate.

paulb48
7/25/12

WhitePages.com refuses to take responsibility for the outdated information they publish in their business listings. For seven months, we have tried to get them to remove two listings for our business that have completely outdated information and to correct one listing that lists a phone number that is no longer in service. Their response every time has been that they simply republish information supplied by their information providers and that we need to contact the original sources of the information, which in our case are CityGrid and ExpressUpdate. In fact, we have contacted these information providers. They have been extremely cooperative and have been disseminating the correct data for months, yet WhitePages refuses to clean up the data on its own site, even though we have sent them the specific URLs of the incorrect listings. This is a serious problem because WhitePages is a major source of information to Google. We believe they may be the reason Google continues to publish an outdated phone number that is available almost nowhere else on the Internet. This has confused current and potential customers, and has done untold damage to our business. We have spent months trying to clean up the mess. Unless WhitePages starts taking responsibility for the false data they are propagating, they are exposing themselves to potential legal action. We recommend that you boycott WhitePages.com and use a more responsible online directory.

maggiew2
6/6/12

Free iPhone app, downloaded easily. Works like a charm

janeg2
8/1/11

I just needed a phone number of a friend. I googled in phone book for the city I needed. This website said "free", but they would not give the information unless I paid for one of their plans!

brandonb
2/9/11

I think the site is plenty useful and fine, and I'm only giving it a bad rating 'cuz I wanna make a BIG complaint:

If you search for someone on there now (I don't think it used to be this way), it gives you all kinds of information about them: their age, and every place they've lived in. What the $#*!?!?! What about privacy? I guess it just doesn't exist anymore. You can't hide on the internet. That being said, the site would be fine if this feature could just be taken off, or give you the option of sharing that information.

angelal1
4/3/09

whitepages review - OK don't laugh.  Im am not the most computer savy person and have just discovered this site where you can look up anyone for free.  It is really neat because it not only lists their phone # and address but it will also give you a map and aerial photo of where they live!!  Too Cool

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Whitepages staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: This site is a scam and sucks...if I get billed for my "enter your mobile # and you will receive a text" I will lose it....
4/13/12
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Whitepages staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Whitepages?