US Government's NSF
angelal1

12 Reviews for Whitepages.com

▼ Sort by: recent

7/22/13

Horrible. Didn't ask for my business to be listed, but it is with incorrect information. Customer service horrific with no ability to correct a listing that I would prefer be removed altogether.

7/8/13

I like the simplicity of removing my information from whitepages.com

7/7/13

I was trying to figure out the owner of a number that is calling me and hanging up. The site said it had the name of the owner and it would text it to me for 1.99. It text me a confirmation of the charge without the name and never responded with the information that i paid for.

7/4/13

They claim to be free info. IT'S NOT! Got no problem with ppl asking money for their service, but don't say it's free!

1/22/13

I made a comment earlier but it didn't give me a chance to rate it. So Here it is - I wish I could give it zero.

They have my company info on this site. We don't want our info on sites like this. It harms our reputation. We have never requested it. The info they have is wrong and it upsets our customers if they stumble on that site and have wrong info. The company refuses to take responsibility, won't correct it, and tries to funnel us to yet another scammer site who is simply trying to mine our information.

I strongly recommend everyone avoid this site.

11/24/12

white pages suck every time I want a local phone number for a person they want me to do a back ground check and charge me! I just want a phone number if they don't have it leave it at that it is a total waste of your time they don't deserve 1 star it should have negative stars!!

9/19/12

Whitepages.com used to be a 5 start web site. It has fallen so rapidly, I can't even give it a 1. What used to be free is now a monthly paid for option. Maybe not too bad if you have to look up a lot of people. BUT, the results they are now coming back with now are far from accurate - and it is public information, so it is not like they shouldn't be able to find it.
I have switched to anywho.com/whitepage, free and accurate.

7/25/12

WhitePages.com refuses to take responsibility for the outdated information they publish in their business listings. For seven months, we have tried to get them to remove two listings for our business that have completely outdated information and to correct one listing that lists a phone number that is no longer in service. Their response every time has been that they simply republish information supplied by their information providers and that we need to contact the original sources of the information, which in our case are CityGrid and ExpressUpdate. In fact, we have contacted these information providers. They have been extremely cooperative and have been disseminating the correct data for months, yet WhitePages refuses to clean up the data on its own site, even though we have sent them the specific URLs of the incorrect listings. This is a serious problem because WhitePages is a major source of information to Google. We believe they may be the reason Google continues to publish an outdated phone number that is available almost nowhere else on the Internet. This has confused current and potential customers, and has done untold damage to our business. We have spent months trying to clean up the mess. Unless WhitePages starts taking responsibility for the false data they are propagating, they are exposing themselves to potential legal action. We recommend that you boycott WhitePages.com and use a more responsible online directory.

6/6/12

Free iPhone app, downloaded easily. Works like a charm

8/1/11

I just needed a phone number of a friend. I googled in phone book for the city I needed. This website said "free", but they would not give the information unless I paid for one of their plans!

2/9/11

I think the site is plenty useful and fine, and I'm only giving it a bad rating 'cuz I wanna make a BIG complaint:

If you search for someone on there now (I don't think it used to be this way), it gives you all kinds of information about them: their age, and every place they've lived in. What the $#*!?!?! What about privacy? I guess it just doesn't exist anymore. You can't hide on the internet. That being said, the site would be fine if this feature could just be taken off, or give you the option of sharing that information.

4/3/09

whitepages review - OK don't laugh.  Im am not the most computer savy person and have just discovered this site where you can look up anyone for free.  It is really neat because it not only lists their phone # and address but it will also give you a map and aerial photo of where they live!!  Too Cool

About Whitepages