US Government's NSF

TownhouseLinens reviews

32 Reviews for TownhouseLinens

▼ Sort by: recent

7/20/14

I placed an order on 6/14/14. Received confirmation immediately. Have heard nothing since even though I've written to them 3 times inquiring about the status. Checking online states "awaiting fulfillment." This is the only place I've been able to find the pieces to complete my bed set. If they would just respond to emails it would go a long way towards good customer relations. If I ever get my stuff, I won't order from them again.

7/17/14

I placed my order on June 18. It is July 17th and I still have not received my order. I have sent them 2 emails. The first asking when order would be shipped. The second asking for order to be canceled. No response to either email. I then called yesterday and got voice mail. Left a message that I was cancelling my order due to not receiving order or any information and I expected them to call me to confirm. Still haven't hear anything. I should have read customer reviews before ordering from this company.

6/3/14

Best price and great customer service. I was not sure about townhouse liniens after seeing all the bad reviews-worked out great for me.

5/18/14

I ordered a quilt and bed skirt on Feb. 16, 2014 and received it Mar. 13, 2014. It was not the quilt I had ordered. The colors were different. The quilt I ordered was clean looking and elegant. The pink and greens were a different shade on the quilt I received, different pattern and was very busy. It was ugly! I'm out the $23.80 return postage and 19% for restocking. It took a month to get my refund and they were very rude. I wrote Nick Renzler, Pres. on April 24th and got no reply or call.

5/10/14

Horrible experience. Their photo of the items I ordered wasn't accurate for color. When I called immediately to return the items, an arrogant, unpleasant clerk took my call & berated me for buying something online instead of a brick & mortar store if I was looking for a specific shade. He did provide a return authorization within a reasonable amount of time & said I would get a refund within a week after they received the return. I waited 2.5 weeks after USPS said the return was delivered then called only to get another hostile person in customer service. I eventually got the refund, but 20% of the purchase price was deducted from my refund. I will not do business with them again under any circumstances.

4/13/14

Spent over $600 at their website and expensive comforter set arrived with an ink stain on it. It's cream colored so you can't NOT see it.
I called and was told to take a photo and send it to them. The man on the phone said this was their fault and I shouldn't have to pay for it. That after they received the photo they would send me out a new one and take care of paying for the return for me.
I sent the photos, and days went by with no return emails or phone calls. Finally I called them and was told that "the ink stain is too small to return it" but that I COULD return it if I were willing to pay return shipping. So I guess they were never going to answer my email or phone message and get back to me to tell me that!
I didn't trust them after that so I did not return it and am working on getting the ink stain out myself, with no luck so far.
I will never ever order from them again. I'm one pissed off customer.

2/11/14

Read Return Policy BEFORE ordering from them. You can return items but will be charged a considerable amount to return - 10% restocking fee and if it was free shipping they keep what it cost them to send it to you. Sorry that I ordered from them.

2/9/14

This is the shoddiest, shadiest bunch of people with whom I have ever dealt. I ordered seven sets of curtains from an online site. I ordered off-white, Townhouse Linens sent navy blue. There was no return information in the box, so I looked on their website, and saw the same address as was on the invoice, so I closed the box and sent them back at my expense. The curtains were not even opened because they were the wrong color. I included all my information on a copy of the invoice and stated that the curtains were not what I ordered. Weeks went by and I heard nothing. I finally called the number on the site, and I was screamed at that this was my fault, that I had merely changed my mind, and that there would be a restocking fee. I continued to state that I wanted my money back, and finally hung up on the person. I have never been treated so rudely in my life. Several more weeks went by, and after threatening to review them and contact the BBB about them, I finally got a refund-and they kept $42.00 of my money! Several emails and a phone call later, I still do not have a complete refund for their error, so I am making good on my statement. Do NOT order from these crooked people!!!

1/6/14

Placed an order on 12/29/13. I got an order confirm email right away tell me the amount my account had been charged for. I waited...and waited...and waited. Finally placed a call, and there was no answer. Checked time they were supposed to be open. It was 30-40 min AFTER that time. I was told that oh, they didn't have that product in stock that I ordered AND they would be canceling my order! I told they they better refund my $$ and I was told that "we did not charge you". Folks, be very careful. These are NOT honest people, and I will NEVER shop there again.

1/2/14

WOW definitly helped me decide NOT to shop with this company. Thank-You for being a reliable watch dog for others.

10/15/13

This was my first buying experience with Townhouse Linens and as with every first purchase from a site one is slightly hesitant. Will I receive it in time? What quality of product can I expect? Is customer service top-notch? Refund policy?
Townhouse Linens exceeded my expectations. I placed an order for a bathroom carpet and I had it within 5 days. (I believe the site said 1-2 weeks from warehouse.) I had searched for the best price and found it here. The color selection was superb and the quality was exactly what I was hoping for. I had called customer service with 2 quick questions and the rep who answered was most helpful. Love the huge selections and mostly the prices! When I finish the bathroom, I will move to their linens department. I am one very happy customer- Take a look at their site- you won't be sorry.

9/17/13

I placed an order and received it 7 days later but did not like it after I received it. it looked nothing like the picture. i called to return the item and was told I would need an RMA number within a week. 2 weeks later, still no number. emailed and still no response so I returned the item with all information they requested minus the RMA number I couldn't get from them. it has been almost 2 weeks and still nothing. sent 2 emails to different departments and called 4 times today before I finally spoke to a person. very, very rude. promised I would get my refund. we will see. I highly advise NEVER ORDERING from this company. Very unprofessional, disorganized and rude. will be turning them in to the better business bureau if I don't get my money back this week. they owe me over $300.00.

7/15/13

I placed an order 2 weeks ago - wish I had seen these reviews before ordering. My order was confirmed immediately with no further communications from the company. Today I sent an email and then called. I was able to speak with a real person named Sam who told me my order should ship on the 16th or 17th and that I would receive a tracking # by email. I'm willing to give them another week because I really want the item I ordered. For now, I have my doubts after reading all these reviews!

7/11/13

After not getting my complete order, I have never been talked to so rude by customer service. I will never order from this company again, nor will I recommend it to anyone. While I did finally get all of my order, it was not worth the treatment I received.

6/26/13

Ordered a few hundred dollars worth of stuff, received a confirmation email and then nothing. It had been over a week and the status online still said 'awaiting fulfillment'. When I called to inquire I received a 'ah hmmmm, that should have shipped' and was told it would go out the next business day. I never received a shipping confirmation or tracking number so I called back 3 days later and was told it did ship.We'll see if it arrives, but I wouldn't recommend this site if you are in any hurry at all to receive your items.

4/20/13

Because I am on a fixed income and their prices are very reasonable, on November 27, 2012 I placed and paid for drapes for my new house. At the same time, I purchased and paid for the hardware I needed from another store. I immediately received a confirmation of my order from Townhouse Linens. Did not hear anything from Townhouse Linens so in late December I inquired about the status of my order. I was told my order was now on backorder and would not ship until the end of January 2013. Again, no communication from Townhouse Linens so I contacted them again on February 11, 2013. Was told my order was still on backorder and would ship April 12, 2013. I have repeatedly tried to contact them since April with no luck. It is now May 20, 2013 and I have sent them an email cancelling my order. I would not recommend this company to anyone. EXTREMELY POOR customer service. Low pricing is nothing if you can't get the product.

2/24/13

Townhouse Linens took my money when I ordered on February 2nd. I received a confirmation immediately. But, to date no product or contact/update. I placed a $700+ order. I think I'm hosed. I called and e-mailed. I was able to talk to a real person once. That person was rude to me on the phone and now I doubt they are legit.

2/19/13

After two weeks, never received any word about my order being shipped. Every call I made I was told my order was in process. I finally got tired of being given the run around, so I requested cancellation of my order. Sales representative didn't want to do that in previous conversations, but at my last phone call, he finally agreed to do so. He also promised an email confirming the cancellation. Now I'm waiting to see if that happens. For what I was ordered, the company had good prices, but now I realize, PRICE ISN'T EVERYTHING!

1/3/13

I would rate this lower than 1 star if I could. I placed an order 2 1/2 weeks ago the charged my credit card the very next day. In the past couple of weeks i have sent 2 emails and 2 phone calls asking when my order would be shipping. NO RESPONSE from any of my attempts. I just called my credit card company and told them everything along with all of the terrible reviews I just read from this site, they are crediting my account back the $100 for the Comforter set and they are going to go after them. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I wish i had found these reviews prior but Lesson learned in the future!

12/24/12

Order placed on Dec.2nd, money taken from my account on Dec. 3rd. This was a Christmas gift, here it is Dec. 24th, no product has arrived. The website said 2 weeks for delivery. I have left 2 e-mails, no response. Asked for a UPS tracking number, no response.
Horrible, horrible, horrible. Stay away.

9/19/12

I paid $38 for a valance 3 weeks ago, and it has not arrived. I have emailed SEVERAL times, and no one has returned any of my emails. DO NOT SHOP HERE!!!!

8/28/12

I ordered some kitchen nook cushions from this site through the Overstock.com website. After about two weeks of no product received I called the customer service number. I was alarmed when I could not get an answer during business hours. I left a message and decided to try back later. Finally I got a hold of someone. I spoke to a man who informed me that they no longer made the color I ordered and that they would need to refund me. Not sure when they were going to tell me but I believe if I had not called it probably would have been NEVER. He was abrupt and sounded like he was in a hurry to get off the phone. He said I will see my refund in 1-3 business days. Hopefully I see my money again since I did not get my cushions. I will update if not. I received nothing more than a small email saying they got my order and a 6 digit customer # and no UPS tracking info. Bottom line is I waited patiently for 2 weeks for my order and finally had to call. Getting through was a nightmare in itself and when I did get through only then was I informed I could not get my order and that they would finally refund me in up to 3 days. Had I not called I probably would have been lost in their system and never received any info. rectifying the situation or gotten my money back. Waiting for my refund hopefully they do that right. Stay away!!!!!!!!

8/7/12

I found this site while I was shopping online for JoJo Designs Sophia Bedding for my daughters bedroom. They seemed to have the best price and I was able to find an additional coupon for 10% off. I live in Canada and was vacationing in the US so I had the product shipped there. I received a receipt right away plus a confirmation of my order...then the next day I received another email stating my order was "awaiting" shipment and that's the last I heard from them. Two weeks later, I called them and the guy running their customer service lacks serious customer service skills. He had no clue what was going on...and when he finally got a clue...he assured me that the package was going to arrive the following day. I asked him to email me the tracking number and he never did.
Fast forward two more weeks to when we are actually on vacation and the front desk said they never received the package. I have to re-call Townhouse Linens, who then tell me to call FedEx who then tell me they will open an investigation. I call the front desk one final time explaining the whole situation and they go look on last time at all their packages and say they found one with just the name Walter on it with a question mark...(that is my dad's name who was the resort guest). I went down and opened the package and sure enough, it was my bedding. I don't know what the point is of putting in a proper shipping address when they can't even copy and paste it properly on their packages! What a hassle that I had to deal with all because Townhouse couldn't probably address their packages! I mean who just ships a package to a single first name!!! HELLO!! And plus, I still have never seen a tracking slip!
The price was great but far too much hassle while I'm on vacation to ever deal with them again!

4/30/12

Townhouse Linens sold me products that are no longer manufactured. I had to find this out by calling the distribution center, as no one from Townhouse Linens (TL) will communicate with me. I called TL and left two messages, as no one answers the phone. I received no call back. I have since left three email messages. Would you like to guess? No one has replied.

I will keep the mechandise that was substituted, as I'm afraid if I return the merchandise, I may not get a credit back to my account.
I will not use this company again.

4/19/12

Townhouselinens.com charged me $200+ for non existent items [out of stock] and never warned me before checking out OR when I called customer service to ask about my order status [6 business days after I placed my order]. The agent lied instead, saying my item takes 7 or more business days to ship despite the website listing 3-5 business days. He also lied about contacting me the next day after checking with the warehouse. I only found out on the second call almost two weeks later.

1/17/12

I returned a rug and did not expect to get a full refund due to shipping and restocking charges; however, no credit was posted to my account nearly 11 days later and no courtesy response from this company. I left email and voice mail... nothing. When I called prior to returning the item, I got attitude when asking about their return policy. I only called per the web site instructions to do so before I returned item and did not appreciate the rude tone. I would NEVER recommend this to company or website.. In this economy where we are all watching our spending, there ought to be a hint of customer service. There are too many other good websites like Amazon and Overstocked to deal with this BS.

4/8/11

I rated this website as cool primarily for the low prices. I had a promo code HOL9 that took off 10%, paid no taxes or shipping on my JOJO designs Madison comforter set. I haven't been able to find a comparable price. That being said, the whole Madison line was on backorder and it took about 3 weeks to get my merchandise. They did charge my card up front, which made me very nervous, but I took a chance since I knew I could dispute the charges if I didn't receive the merchandise. I called several times and the customer service is not really warm and fuzzy, but if you want their prices, be patient and it should work out for you. I also had to call and change my order and they did not give me a hard time at all.

4/1/11

I ordered a shower curtain and was charged $37.94 for it on my Visa but it never arrived....crooks, I now find.

3/14/11

I placed an order with townhouselinens and the next day they abruptly canceled my order, but gave me the option to reorder at a cost of $5.00 more than I originally paid. When I finally spoke to a person, he told me the item was out of stock - not noted on the website- and they could charge me now and pre-order it for me, not knowing when more will be there. I don't think so - buyer beware, stay clear of this scammer.

3/7/11

I found this site through a yahoo! search and am overall pleased with my experience. We are redecorating our daughters bedroom and purchased a lovely zebra bedding set. The next morning after purchasing we noticed that they had the matching wallpaper border. We called customer service and luckily our order had not yet shipped, we were able to add on the borders and also got free shipping. We ordered on Monday and UPS delivered our items to us on Thursday.

3/3/11

placed an order,made payment,never received product or any reply's....crooks

5/19/10

I have some concerns about this website. There is no address listed on the website, only a phone number. When I did a reverse look up of this number I learned it was a cell phone. After an extensive search for this company this is all I could learn. The man who answered the phone told me they were located in Jackson Heights, NY. A search of the white pages for that area did not have a listing for Townhouse Linens. A lot of red flags here. I think I will pass until I can learn more.

The Best Bedding Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber