US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

fredk10

I placed an order for Jakobsson Melon and got it in 3 days together with a coupon with discount for my next order. (in 43 reviews)

andrewt32

I have used Northerner in 6 months with fast flawless deliveries and responsive customer support. (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

joeh111
5/9/16

Complete rip off!

brianw108
5/3/16

I live in Boston and the mayor just banned flavored chewing tobacco. I have ordered from their website twice now and it arrived quick and fresh. Only drawback is having to be home to sign for it. They will not leave the package unless someone over 18 is there to sign. Which I completely understand.

justing55
5/1/16

I have a total of three emails and no responses my order now is almost a week late when I first emailed them asking for a tracking number they told me there is no tracking number on regular mail now I have sent three emails and not a single response I've heard from many sites and forums not to order from them and bow I see why and you would think in the amount of time they have been open they would figure it out I thought it was fishy why they don't have a number to call well I've requested a refund well see what happens

garys118
3/15/16

Living in England, there are no shops that sell what i want, yes it takes a while but ive only ever had one order that didnt show up and they resent it, If there was an option at a reasonably quicker delivery here im sure id go for it!

mb143
3/9/16

Northender logistics are moving as a snail or as a darker comparison "as dead man eyes".
When you make an order it takes minimum 3 and 5 days of processing. What a big proccesing...?!!!? If products are in stock you are lucky and they delivers in 1-2 weeks in UE. If the products are not in stock, they cancel order. So again 1 week for processing...and so long.
And the website has big problems...
As a loyal customer for about three years, only now I noticed that Northerner are a big cabbage.
Now I try other competitor with lower prices, without extra charges, free shipping and great discounts and I see this big deep difference (money and time).

felixm34
3/5/16

tried ordering chewing tobacco some time in 2013/14 to germany. payed the bill, nothing ever arrived. customer support claimed it was a customs issue. i contacted my local customs. they didn't have anything (and if they did, they'd have to contact you).
when i confronted customer support about this, they simply broke off contact.
2016 after hearing that some "issues" were worked out at the company i gave it another try and ordered a medium amount of american chewing tobacco. however, again, i payed my bill and nothing arrived. and again northener claimed it was probably a customs issue. i checked with customs who, again, knew of nothing.

summing up: 0 out of 3 orders arrived and i payed 80 euros in total. so i concluded that this company is obviously fraudulent.

evanw22
2/16/16

I had ordered the grizzly mint
The order I placed took forever and the product came in very dry and almost flavourless. I'm very dissatisfied with the quality it came in.

ichiband
1/26/16

Gold member here with northerner.com, I've bought a ton of chew, snus pipe tobacco and dip.

northerner.com have always had an issue with delayed orders, slow shipping and awful reply time from customer service, we know this.
We also know that at some point, 3 weeks, a month, the order should arrive.

You end up getting to the point when again you have trouble, this time half an order arrives, and you wait another month, nothing arrives so you contact customer services who take 5 days to reply with a generic email.

This means again, your order is either lost or been sent back to them, oh, and they don't re send!!!.

Its all become far too much hassle to order again, the long drawn out wait, the zero tracking on orders, no care attitude from customer services I have come to the conclusion its time to move onto another vendor.

It feels great to finally say that!

barryl31
1/21/16

I placed an order on Dec 30 and today is Jan 21st still nothing delivered. I sent an email to customer service, I received a response back about a week later telling me it was basically out of their hands that it had shipped already. I have ordered 3 other times previously and the shipments normally showed within a couple of weeks but now who knows. Looks like I will be moving to another company for future orders.

arctics
1/16/16

No problem whatsoever. Very contactable. Snus was great ~ (nuuska oli ihan o-k) ~ bought the Christmas Frosted Thunder and loved it, spread the love with my brother, and recommend this service.

ew594
1/14/16

I read a lot of reviews about the company after I placed my first order. 90% of the reviews were bad, mostly I heard "scam scam scam scam". At that point I was 99% sure i wasn't going to receive anything in the mail. I contacted the Northerner through email, I got a prompt response saying that they could not refund my money because they already shipped it. This was a lie because it was an hour after I had ordered! Today I was pleasantly surprised to see the package at my door, 4 weeks later. It did come though! I am in Canada by the way!

mathieul10
12/19/15

After 1 month they finally said they do not send my "complete" statue order. They stole my money, stole my credit card number (need to change of credit card) and ship nothing. Never order on this website!!

rachelh56
12/14/15

I was apprehensive after reading other reviews, however, order placed from Japan and within 10 days I have snus! Thanks! Fast and efficient!

mohammeda86
12/10/15

Rubbish company, poor customer service and money collector stay away. When i kept chasing to them for my order and requesting cancellation this is what i get from customer service "If the package is returned, we will not refund or reship the package, snus is a fresh products that can't be reshipped or resold. Returned order are thrown away."
This statement is coming out of blue where they dont have any reference on their website. Is just a leeway for them to not refund.
Stay away ,

Tip for consumers: Stay away , product quality is excellent but customer service is poor, they through at you policies out of blues. Really rubbish, they took my money and they didnt at least refund or offer a replacement shipping for an order i've never received. .

jot28
11/6/15

Hi,
Made a order a week ago order still processing.paid for express shipping,not even shipped yet,no replay from costumer support,Northern used to be the best in the biz!hope they will get its $#*!h together,

Took some time for northern to come back to me,but when they did they sorted my issue in a fast and profesonel way,Northern are stil the best,just slow some times,
Thanks!

go1568
11/3/15

What happened to Northerner? They used to be very good, now not so much. Recently I was targeted for a marketing campaign aimed at gold members. I put in an order at a discount. Three days later they had further reductions as part of a seasonal sale, the discount was far higher. The difference in cost to me was significant enough that I got in touch with customer support to complain. The attitude was atrocious, and I was left with no illusions that the rep could care less. The whole episode has been a big change from my dealings with Northerner before. Sorry Northerner you lost a long time customer, I don't appreciate being ripped off and dealing with ignorant customer service reps.

zenf
11/2/15

Placed an order with this site for some Dip over a month ago.....Am still waiting...Given that Dip has a shelf life of about a month or so this is unacceptable...Customer service is non existent. Do not order from this site!!!

tomb162
11/1/15

I have made several orders from Northerner to Germany over the past 3 years, with very mixed results, I ordered General snus and Copenhagen long cut in tins to Kassel, the arrival was punctual, got a call from customs, went and picked it up and everything was hunky dory. Ordered to Berlin...nothing. No call from customs, no order in the mail, nothing. When I sent an email to complain, they said it must have been seized by customs(odd, since in Germany it is illegal for customs to open mail, you have to open it in their presence). So whatever, tried again in Nordhausen, worked like a charm. Tubs of Longhorn showed up right at my doorstep without so much as a call from customs. Moved to Freiberg, got my first order of Longhorn there and then 2 consecutive orders disappeared without a trace, again with the explanation that they were apprehended by customs(again, completely impossible unless customs was breaking the German constitution to seize my tobacco). Haven't tried with them in about a year, been using terrible Makla ordered from the czech republic. Trying to decide if I want to give them another shot. I would really appreciate some kind of guarantee or better tracking service to Germany, because like I say, it is impossible that it was seized by customs without them notifying me.

sandrow6
10/26/15

I ordered 2 months ago I received emails first few weeks that they didn't have my order in stock but after waiting patiently for 2 months I never received anything yet so I mailed them about it. And they claim they never received payment but they did I have credit card bills to prove it! Don't buy from them they are scam

jordanw20
10/25/15

It's been 16 business days. No product. No response from the company. Basically a scam.

jann126
10/22/15

I waited for 2 weeks for the package to arrive and after couple more days after I asked the support where it was, they told me they hadn't sent it yet!

Refund is probably never to be seen. Luckily for them, they're not an EU company, because this business conduct would cause them some serious trouble...

Tip for consumers: Don't shop at northerner, you will only lose money...

nickm70
10/19/15

Yeah so the website is a bit jerky, shipping times can be erratic and their customer support service dates from the middle ages etc, but if you love snus as much as i do, and you don't live in Scandinavia...what ya gonna do? Just make sure you reorder way before running low, then you can stop watching the dammed mailbox! N.M.

lenaj1
10/18/15

I am hesitating to buy some candy. I live in France and dont really know if the northerner is a trustworthy site because of the reviews...Can someone help me fast please?!!! I need to order it today!!

pt32
9/5/15

Any positive review here is a lie. I doubt very seriously that they are truly Swedes....Swedes do not conduct business in this way.

pieterj6
9/2/15

i have been trying to get on the website for the hole week. all it does is load for 10 min then nothing. all i want to do is order dip plz help

tims88
9/1/15

Have nothing bad to say about this company, used them for years. Only website that are actually located in the US. Low shipping cost compared to other international sites.

robertd136
8/28/15

I ordered 20 cans from northerner.com to Asia close to a month ago and have yet to receive anything. They shipped it in two packages of 10 so I guess I have a 50/50 chance of getting anything. A month goes by and I have yet received anything or any notifications. It was my first time ordering with them so, up to this point, they aren't a reliable tobacco source.

benj954
8/5/15

I have been ordering from www.northerner.com for a few years. I always order the large bags of refill Snus. On my last order, all 3 bags i ordered, have been awful quality. The snus portions are not stuck together properly. The ends are open or the seam accross the bag is open and half of each bag has gone straight in the bin. I am in England, so i pay extortionate Tax/duty on tobacco anyway, and then to receive the bags and have to throw half of each bag away is VERY disappointing. My mate orders from the same site, and the same Snus and has had the same issue with his last 2 orders. I have sent a complaint message on the site, but i have not had a reply. Awful quality now and poor customer service. my email is furiousjammin @ hotmail co uk

bobs161
6/19/15

In the "additional information" section, it says "quantity: one roll equals 5 cans". Thus when I placed my order for quantity "10", I naturally assumed I was ordering 10 rolls. Imagine my surprise when I received a package with only 10 cans in it and was charged $96 for this! This is a total rip off. I have contacted customer service regarding their fraudulent practices and am awaiting a reply. I have already contacted the Better Business Bureau and have consulted with an attorney. Anyone else have this problem?

petrs1
6/18/15

I was afraid after reading some of those reviews on this site, so when my order was 3rd day just "processing", i left a message on the helpdesk, when will my order arrive. I got response within 10 minutes, with an apollogy, that they had lots of orders, so it takes time to complete it... My order was dispatched shortly after that, via the express delivery, (i ordered the regular), with no extra charge, and it's on its way to me now, since it should be delivered today, it will be 5 working days to complete... I was really thinking that I made huge mistake after reading the reviews here, so I'm really pleasently surprised... I'll definitely order again

alanh57
6/10/15

Placed my order May 31st 2015, my order arrived 9th June 2015. Was a bit sceptical on ordering from a website, but this site is genuine and my order arrived within 7 working days of the order being confimed for delivery. If anyone is wondering, when you track your order and it is stated as being complete, i took that as being in transit to my address, can be slightly confusing if you mis interpret this as actually supposed to be delivered. But don't worry your order should arrive within the 7 working days of this (if you opted for the standard delivery). My overall impression is that this is a great service and i'll definitely be using them again to order more suns.

scottm107
5/14/15

I've been ordering from this company for awhile. My orders usually came within a few weeks. I last ordered March 28 2015. They finally sent me a shipped email April 6 2015. Today is May 15 2015 and still haven't received my order. I emailed them twice. The first response they said, did you check with Customs? I'm a government worker in Japan and have connections in a lot of places. I called Customs and they told me no shipments from northerner.com have enter the country besides my previous order. I emailed again and told them my findings. I got a second response asking, did you contact your post office. In Japan I need to pay a $70 duty on packages from northerner.com so there isn't any way for it to enter the country without going through Customs. Why would it be at the post office! They are so quick to accept your payment yet offer no tracking or proof of receipt that they sent it. Perhaps they never sent it and I lost my money or the U.S. Postal Service stole it, don't know however without tracking it's hard to trust any company. I give up on this company. Maybe if they offered tracking I would keep doing business, after all they do provide a pretty good service. Use caution with northerner.com or any company not using a way to track what has been paid for.

leeh51
4/28/15

dont buy from them if you live in canada. you will get it checked over at the border due to the company not caring about trying to keep it secret from our customs. you will pay out the ass for the product. my bill was 321.76 for duty. i told the post office to send the package back. thanks but no thanks. i will stick to my other service. it may be slower but it works and i get package everytime. no duty owing.

christophery5
4/27/15

You know before ordering from this website I read nothing but bad reviews. But I decided to place an order anyways. And I'm glad I did because it got here exactly when it said it was supposed to and I didn't have to wait around all day for it (because you have to sign for it). I am pleased with this company and definitely will be ordering from your website again. Very easy to place an order and excellent shipping service.

brandono10
4/21/15

I received an email saying my order was received on March 25th, it is now APRIL 21 and I still don't have my order and they said it was shipped out the day I ordered it... This is ridiculous.... Unless you want your order to take a month to get to you then I don't suggest this site at all. I will never order from them again. EVER.

alexs252
3/29/15

i ordered a shipment on march 12th, its now the 29th and i still haven't received an email saying that it has even been sent out yet. the money for the order was taken out of my account, and the one time i ever heard back from customer service they told me "we don't have any order in your name, give us the order number.'' after providing them with the order number multiple times, i have not heard back from them in over 2 weeks. I'm VERY frustrated with the lack of customer service. How can the company take the money out of my account, but then say "we have no order in your name". Still waiting to even hear if my order is being sent or not. Thought id take a shot in the dark and order from this site but that won't be happening again if this is how ill be treated.

fatihx
1/6/15

I am appaled by the lack of business sense of this company. I've made an order on 23 of december and since that day it is has been "processing". Now i am not an unreasonable man I know those day were close to holidays so i didnt bother with at first. On 31st i opened the ticket on the status of my order. On 3rd of january i updated my ticket again. Today is the 6th and i've been waiting more then enough so i have opened yet another ticket to cancel my order. I bet i wont see my order or my money ever again. To sum it up horrible company, horrible service, horrible customer care. Stay As Far As You Can From
This Site!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't bother buy somewhere else.

rustys12
11/23/14

The website is so glicthy, slow, and poorly designed it is almost impossible to use. Items are completetly missing from their proper categories and search parameters. It emptied my cart numerous times, including just for logging in. Finally when I tried to pay, their third party credit card processing service declined me without explanation and of course my cart was totally emptied again. When you contact their help desk you get an immediate bot reply that they are "currently experiencing a high level of emails." If you want to torture yourself try placing an order with them.

Update 6/15: I have since made a couple of successful purchases. Difficult and time consuming but it can be done. I've increased rating from one to two stars.

richardj39
10/30/14

Placed my first order with Northener last Friday. Had the delivery with me yesterday! Really smooth and quick service! Thank you northerner.com

mikeh126
8/22/14

Simple. Bad service, slow service. overpayment, split-up orders sent because of low inventory , thus adding to shipping and handling. stay clear of these incompetents.

Tip for consumers: stay clear

nicka30
5/23/14

Living in the UK i took a risk placing my first order. After 20+ days the order finally arrived. Now its been 25 days, still havent recieved my order. The help desk said 'call customs, we shipped it, so we have done all we can do'. $#*!ty customer service. WIth no tracking info to prove the shipment was actually sent, all i can surmise is they just took my money and never shipped anything.

tawfika
2/25/14

first time i ordered from theme it took 6 weeks to get my delivery, the 2 time i got only a portion of what i ordered and after contacting them keep getting the same answer ,its on its way ,it has been 2 month now and still nothing ,stay away from this bogus company.im getting my snus now from snusline ,always on time and free shipping ...sorry to say that but the northerner are ripping off people ....

deanj15
12/20/13

I ordered a package of 20 cans Grizzly wintergreen over $60. The order was placed well over a month ago, and I sent in a trouble ticket with my concerns about the package. All I got back was that my package was on the way. It is to my understanding that they have no way of tracking there shipments or they just do not care. There was never any talk of reimbursement. This establishment is unprofessional and hands down the the worse company I have ever used.

andrewt32
11/20/13

The site must have had some kind of hickup at the time of the bad reviews here. I have used Northerner in 6 months with fast flawless deliveries and responsive customer support.

fredj15
7/1/13

I ordered General snun with free shipping to my US address and got it the same week without any hazzle. Friendly customer support!

axelh16
2/11/13

This is a total ripp off. Very simple.

I ordered a package of snus at snus.com and payed immediately. 2 month and 7 messages later it is obvious that the company does not want to deliver the snus. All I have heard up to now are ridicolous excuses.

Don´t ever buy there. It´s a scam

mattiasj
1/5/13

The worst company i ever dealt with! I will never order from them again, and I suggest no other human being buy from them unless you want to set yourself up for big trouble. No reply back on the "help desk" tickets. I have now sent 7 tickets with no reply and they have my $150. They have the next day delivery option - but never ship out within 2 weeks - so you pay 60 dollars and get your package 2 weeks later if at all. Currently waiting for my beginning of December order. Enough is enough! Dont order from them!!

oytunp
1/2/13

They charged me for an order but neither the order is shown in 'my orders' nor the shipment has arrived. They also do not answer to opened tickets about this issue. They practically robbed me.

fredk10
11/13/12

I placed an order for Jakobsson Melon and got it in 3 days together with a coupon with discount for my next order. Definately satisfied!

tomasm
6/1/10

I ordered snuss tobacco from this website which needs to be kept in fridge because it may go wrong. I paid them to get it delivered within! 3 days. I did not received it after 4 days. When I emailed them to cancel order or resend new stuff I was told to wait for this delivery because there might be some delays. After a week I found out that they put wrong delivery adress. They even change the delivery adress in my profile on their website that they can blame me for putting wrong adress. Now they don't want to return my money back. i have never had a problem before with delivery.
I will never ever be shopping with them again.

12 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Northerner staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question