US Government's NSF

23%
7 Market Street

Stamford, CT 06902, US
Tel: +1-978-451-0771

People interested in Kayak are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

sheilar2

The first customer service rep i talked to said he wasn't able to refund my money. (in 32 reviews)

dakotaf

I don't recommend using only kayak for hotel booking. (in 64 reviews)

audreys

It scours a ton of travel sites to deliver optimal combinations of itineraries and low prices in an easy-to-use display. (in 10 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

leof12
7/24/15

Cheap flights, hotels and travel deals.
Compare hundreds of travel sites at once to find cheap flights, the best flight deals and cheap airfare. Used it to book the cheapest flight tickets for direct flights, last minute flights and business travel.

joec111
7/6/15

Kayak is the first site I go to for air travel. If you have time, go to as many search sites as you can. If not, Kayak is your best bet. Great interface on both computer and phone. Great results.

jeffh83
6/18/15

I booked on 6/14/15 for 6/20/15 and the weather is keeping us from making it on the trip. I contacted them on 6/18/15 to either try to move the reservation to the next weekend and was told that I had to cancel before 6/14/15 or be charges $210 . That would be the exact time and day I made the reservation so basically they have no cancelation optio. Sorry way of doin business and I will never use kayak again and hopefully keep anyone I can reach from using them also.

walterp13
5/31/15

This was the best travel service out there. But now that they got bought out, I hope they stay that way. However, if history and past experience is any indicator, most big companies buy the smaller "great" companies to either drive them into the ground and wipe out the competition, OR to skin them alive, take out the best parts, and dump the remainder. The big company will NEVER try to remake itself in the image of the smaller, better, company.

simonh59
5/22/15

On many a trip in past years, I used Kayak.com and got some pretty good deals. Then all of a sudden the ad's on tv stopped for Kayak and then it was Trivago.com, well...they all either have the exact same software or something else is up. I'm not sophisticated enough to figure it out, but the good deals are far and between now on Kayak, and yet I can get some good deals, albeit occasionally on sites LIKE Trivago. Considering I am extremely cheap when I travel and the fact that I like to stay in nice hotels (I know...), I am searching multiple sites from the ones mentioned to hotwire.com to the actual Marriott or Hyatt ($#*! Hilton) sites trying to find a deal that makes sense with price, promotions, points, etc.) It really gets down to where you're going. Deals are out there you just need to shop multiple avenues to get the best deal, never just check one site like Kayak or any other.

marthak17
4/29/15

I booked a car on kayak thinking I got a great deal. Upon searching for the deal, choosing the car from Budget Rental, and entering my CC #, NOWHERE was there mention of possible charge for miles ontop of the rental. No mention of it, did not lead me to look for it after receiving my confirmation email. Had I seen anything that said, here is the estimated price and cost per mile is such and such, I would not have booked the car. Neither Budget or Kayak is taking full responsibility for what feels like a surprse charge. Kayak is willing to cover some of the cost, which I appreciate, but I still feel like they mislead me in what I was getting. I use them to find flights etc, but honestly, $300 is not cheap and I will never use them again!! So disappointed that a company could do this. It should say next to each price offered, but instead they blame Budget and Budget blames them. No one is actually looking out for the customer! Bad business!

balwantb
4/1/15

I have used KAYAK for flight comparison and have used their companies, without
any problem. However, recentely I booked a flight through one of their company,
Bravofly and the price was £945.57, but their confirmation showed £1,075.75. They have taken this amount from visa debit card.

Now I wish to request KAYAK to get me a refund of £130.18 as I find this to be unfair, and it is one of the companies on their website, which would give them a bad name.
Booking ID 363998579‏

Tip for consumers: Well look at this. I have not booked through KAYAK, but this is one of the companies on their price comparison website. I feel they should be responsible for this.

jamier38
3/31/15

I used Kayak to help find my spring vacation. At first, the amount of pop up windows frustrated me, and I was not convinced I had been given a good deal. However, I spent an hour or so looking online on my own and the best deal I found was through Kayak originally. Definitely worth using.

tinaf17
3/25/15

Miles Motel in Mesa Az, at 5911 E. MAIN ST. Husband and I arrived into Mesa tired from our drive and spotted the miles which looked nice at first glance. We gave the manager $100 and filled out the usual paperwork . The lady hands us a key ,then drew us a map to some dumpy apartment complex 2 miles away from room, apartment was a dump with a filthy stained matress. We went back to ask for our money she refused and said no refunds , set us up in a room there and worse than the first, nothing but filth. She still refused a refund gave us a 10 dollar key refund and pocketed the rest . She was rude and used stabbing words.

Tip for consumers: Health department should board this place shut.

nickm59
3/20/15

Perfect place to compare flights, hotels, or cars.

Truly a one stop shop. I'm so sick of popup and other ambiguous travel sites. Kayak's price predictor is top notch and the interface is bold but simple.

I like that you can set up alerts for price points

nicolec31
3/18/15

My husband and I accidentally booked 2 rooms last night for the holiday inn winter haven. I used kayak and he booked through the hotels website. The price was the same amount. So when we found out today we both booked a room I called to see about canceling my room. And I spoke to a Teresa on the phone who said kayaks policy was that I can cancel the room but they would not give me back a refund. What am I going to do with 2 rooms? That's a lot of money to waste. I'm very upset that I cannot get this room refunded to me. My husband is calling the hotel now to see what they can do to help. Needless to say I will not be using kayak for anything ever again.

joseec
3/10/15

Always the cheapest flights posted

steveg60
2/15/15

I always use Kayak for my flight plans and car rentals

main97
2/2/15

Good website to compare prices and saves money too!!

ralphc19
1/19/15

In Nov 2014 I booked a room at a Palm Springs hotel for 1 night (Jan 17, 2015) at a price of $88.18. KAYAK replied with a confirmation #.

I arrived at the hotel at 6:50pm on Jan 17, and was informed they had NO RECORD of my reservation and had NO VACANCY!

I phoned KAYAK and spent 90 minutes on the phone and was told at least 4 times it had been resolved and I would indeed spend the night at that hotel as planned.

After 90 minutes, I was then told it might be another hour and still may not get me in, so I hung up the phone and had to seek any available room for the night.

It was then past 8:30pm on a holiday weekend. I ended up spending $167.24 to stay at an absolute dump down the street.

They obviously have no follow up to live up to their end of the deal and should NEVER be trusted.

davidk114
1/17/15

Use Kayak to search for flights BUT NEVER EVER BOOK THROUGH KAYAK. WHEN YOU PUSH THAT BUTTON YOU ARE HEADED FOR BOOKING HELL AND A COMPLETE RIPOFF. Just went through this. Somehow got sent to AA for UA flight one way and the return on Alaska. I discovered 30min after booking that I was overcharged $300 compared to booking directly with those airlines. And of course AA refused to cancel reservation when I called back in less than an hour. Kayak's response was that "AA must have a data feed problem".
Insult to injury is that every leg of the trip was difficult because of different locator numbers, inability to choose seats, etc.
NEVER BOOK THRU KAYAK. THEY ARE DISHONEST, UNRESPONSIVE, AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THEM

dipeshp
12/5/14

Always the best deals and easy search feature to get you what you want and where you want without the high prices!

ar5432
11/11/14

This company also goes by Vayama

Tip for consumers: This site is a scam as I found out - do not use them!
I booked what appeared to be the cheapest ticket. When my itinerary changed, I had to shell out $1200 to make a change in the tickets. I paid the money and they sent me an itinerary with the cities mixed up and asked for another $1200 to fix their mistake.
I will never do business with them again - if you see this stay away from them. I will tweet this to my 7000+ followers as well.

jamesya
11/4/14

I have been a regular user of Kayak reviews and I would like to say that it is excellent and more useful. As far as I am concerned it has provided me a lot of knowledge on my inquiry and given more assessment to the questions that I used to raises. So it’s useful and directive as well.

liveandlearnt
10/22/14

I was directed to an airline website from kayak to purchase a flight package. I submitted my ticket purchase on the airline website and a phishing note came up from the bank that issued my card requesting security info on my credit card. It is made to look like you have to fill out the form to complete the transaction so I did (stupid me) and the total came up as the original price listed on kayak without the additional charges I incurred for my tickets so I knew I had been phished. Kayak opens a new tab when they send you to the airline site. I would close down the kayak tab at that point or better yet, not use kayak.

stephenm73
10/4/14

Friends - My strongest warning to you in doing business with Kayak and recommendation that you utilize a different service such as Priceline. I booked a hotel through Kayak and received confirmation on it; however, the hotel did not receive the information as Kayak and the 3rd party it utilized did not send it. I attempted to contact Kayak but their phone support was closed. I wanted to contact the 3rd party but it was an international number to Singapore and would have cost me $2.90/minute to call. I wrote them an email but did not receive contact so I had to pay again to the hotel directly (otherwise I would have to leave at 10pm at night and look for another hotel or hope that a miracle would happen and the booking go through). Both workers asked if I used Kayak and then stated that Kayak is non-reputable/inconsistent and to utilize other services such as Priceline as they handle all bookings themselves and actually have a phone number you can call for support 24/7.

luvk1
9/30/14

No accountability or responsbility of the websites they have listed. Booked a fare through the site they listed "airfare.com" which has No customer service, you need to communciate everything with email plus very rude and unprofessonal. I had a change request for my travel date, their website said " 350 + difference in fair", sounds fair enough !! But when you get the quote its "350 + whatever they want to charge" as the new quote was more than the ticket available on their own website. When I asked fro explanation of "differrence in fair" I did not got any response, just a plain blunt "take this or u will lose all your money". Reached out to Kayak, but they simpley said "its not their business" and have nothing to do "Even though they acknowledged they had recived complaints and they should explain what is the difference in fair"

Tip for consumers: No accountability or responsibility of the websites they have listed. Booked a fare through the site they listed "airfare.com" which has No customer service, you need to communicate everything with email plus very rude and unprofessional. I had a change request for my travel date, their website said “350 + difference in fair", sounds fair enough!! But when you get the quote it’s "350 + whatever they want to charge" as the new quote was more than the ticket available on their own website.
Airfa

beckyg3
9/30/14

Book a room for the same day and was transferred to Easy Click Travel when I wanted to make the reservation. Was charged $95.20 for one room at Super 8. Super 8 accidently also charged my account since they didn't realize I had booked through a travel site. Super 8's charge....$71.40!! It would've been cheaper for me to book directly through Super 8. Will never use Kayak again! What a rip off... Tried calling Easy Click Travel to get an explanation and they said Super 8 must've made a mistake. Super 8 debited my account with no questions asked.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from Kayak and Easy Click Travel

marks185
9/29/14

this site worked ok for the first few times - then we hit one of their listed websites and received nothing but a rubbish run around - no confirmation of flight and no reply...lucky we could cancel one of our credit cards...then we got a call!
.stay away from this site.... with any of these sites remember to check for budget lines like ryanair that dont take part....

megz1
9/29/14

I am very disappointed when booking through this site. I booked three hotel rooms at what was supposedly the best rate. I found two rooms exactly the same on the Marriot website for more than $100 cheaper. They would not budge on my rate, or refund me the difference because the rate did not show up.

Tip for consumers: read the fine print. They will not budge. price guarantee is really not

leahb8
9/28/14

This is my favorite travel site!!!!!! It's so easy to use and you really do get the best deals! I have probably booked 10 or so trips through them. One time my flight was cheaper buy renting a car at the same time, so check out their deals.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you check out surround flights and different days to get the best deal.

davidr111
9/22/14

I booked a car rental at Enterprise at the Tyler, TX airport. I got the booking confirmed and a confirmation number. I drove all the way to the airport and Enterprise told me they had no cars. I showed her my confirmation number from Kayak and she said, "What are you and idiot? Do you think we really care about reservations made through Kayak. It's worthless."

Certainly my last time using Kayak

Tip for consumers: Don't believe it when they tell you that you have a reservation.

ts57
9/21/14

I can get the same price quotes from the airlines websites as I can from the worthless Kayak and Cheapoair etc. No discount from them. what a f##king waste of time.

kristalo
9/15/14

We are deciding to planning a trip to malaysia.Then we are went to the travel trip site kayak.com for the travel guidelines and tips. They gave map, climate details and other details like expense, vehicles, tourist place, food and cottage etc.But we are very struggling for reaching and staying there because of the bad guidelines and the trip advice.

aliciat3
9/10/14

I went to kayak to look for hotel rooms, after I found the hotel and price I liked I clicked on it & it automatically connected me with getaroom.com. Since I thought I could trust kayak I made my reservation through them and fully pre-payed for my room.Fast forward to my check in date- I showed up with my family and was told by the manager of the hotel that this company had not been paying their bills for the past 3 months and had stopped doing business with them. In order to stay I had to pay with another credit card. I was told by getaroom.com that they would refund my money however they wanted to return about 20% less than what I payed. I had to contact my credit card company and initiated a dispute. Still waiting for my money. I would never use them again!!!

rickm66
9/9/14

I booked a room through Kayak and cancelled within 10 minutes of arriving at hotel because they said it could take between 30m and 1hour for the reservation to hit their system. I was so tired that I decided to pay a bit extra and checked in through the front desk. I received an email from Kayak stating the room was cancelled within the allotted timeframe for a full refund. The problem is the refund never showed up. The email instructed me to contact Get-A-Room.com which handled the reservation through Kayak. I have contacted them three times and sent them the email showing the time and date and the refund has not been credited close to a month out from the cancelation. Get-A-Room now tells me they have issued the credit but it could take two (2) billing cycles to hit my bank. I called Kayak customer service and the customer service rep looked up the reservation and said that was close!! As if to imply that somehow I could have avoided this by not canceling so close to the deadline even though it met the criteria for a full refund. Unbelievable! She informed me that Kayak is a meta-search company and does not take responsibility for what their partners do. Buyer beware :))

Tip for consumers: Be careful when canceling reservations. While you may meet the criteria for a full refund, if it doesn't come Kayak will inform you that they take no responsibility and that it is between you and the reservation company that your room was booked through. Sad but true :(

warrene5
3,676 helpful votes
8/31/14

Wow I almost used these clowns . . .
There is a HUGE amount of angry customers here. NO WAY would I use them!!

Tip for consumers: run away!

sarahm85
8/24/14

Kayak.com...your commercial with the teacher who shaved the back of his head stinks...my advice...find a new advertising company cause that commercial is a TURN-OFF!

samp199
8/6/14

I wish i saw this website before.

kayak is the worst so called service provider.

I have a problem with tripsta a company they recommend, they havent responded to me so ive got in contact with Kayak they have basically washed there hands and said its not there issue. Yet we are there customers???????? We have used there website for a service surely as a reputable company you would expect them to know what shoddy companys there promoting!!!!

So unhappy!
Disgusting customer service

eileenm9
7/31/14

don't book through kayak. I was scammed and they took no accountability and didn't even respond. I booked a hotel for 6 nights through them. I showed up at the address and it was not a hotel ! It was an apt. building and the woman in the kiosk at the entrance said they were not a hotel and they had had other people show up with the same scam and they had also booked through kayak.com. I called the phone number for kayak and first I was disconnected 3 times (or hung up on?) and then left on hold for one hour and 7 minutes. I literally left the phone on hold for one hour and 7 min. after "James" had said "I would like to help you with this, let me put you on hold for a minute while I look into this." He came back one time and just repeated what I had already said and said again, "let me put you on hold while I look into this.". After one hour and 7 min. I hung up. I also emailed the company and got no reply. Meanwhile, I had to call my credit card company to cancel the credit card because the hacker had my card info. and I called my neighbors to alert them that some hackers may have been searching for addresses of people who were out of town to rob the house. I am wondering if kayak is run by scammers they way they responded !

jimb119
7/29/14

I recently used Kayak to secure a hotel reservation in Greenville SC. The Kayak site reviewed the hotel as reasonable and a good buy. Nothing was further from the truth. The owner of the hotel had let the site go down hill and it was disgusting. The hotel employees were empathetic and offered me a refund. When they found I had bought on Kayak, they let me know I was out of luck. This is a sham and should be outlawed. This is outright theft and Kayak and the hotel owner should be prosecuted. When I went back to the Kayak site to post my review of the hotel, I was not allowed to post a review.

kathf1
7/26/14

Absolutely awful customer service! They use third party booking service so you never know who to complain and all they do is point fingers at one another. They change your flights, has happened to me twice already. I booked my flights on a set date and once I receive the confirmation email the date is different and there is no way around it because they have a no refund policy. Also I booked a non smoking hotel room through them once and they never passed on the message of smoke free room on to the hotel staff. Terrible, kayak is full of scams! A bunch a thieves and they must be stopped. Stay away!

orito
7/18/14

Don't book hotels through Kayak. You will regret it.
Kayak provides the worst customer service in the industry. Modifying reservations is not allowed (they hide that detail by having a cancellation policy and not a word about modifying reservations).
Kayak also uses 3rd party companies to complete the booking. They say that only at the last stage of the booking. You'd think Kayak would assist you if there's an issue, since you are making the reservation through your Kayak account, but nope! Not at all.
These 3rd party companies are very low level. You'd never do business with them had they not been masked by Kayak branding.
Sorry. That's the way it is. Proceed at your own risk...

aulat
7/6/14

I absolutely hate kayak with a passion now. They ruined my whole entire trip, to the point where I was crying because the customer service was horrible over the phone and they wasted one hour of my time helping in NOTHING. I requested a none smoking room, but apparently on kayak they only put it as a preference not securely. Best Western offered to transfer me to another hotel as long as they transfer the payment but kayak wouldn't transfer the payment and said i would have to cancel and rebook but they would not give me the same rate. Therefore i had to stay in a smoking room. Best Western gave us free drinks (beer, wine, etc) to compensate for the lack of service from Kayak.

marias62
6/22/14

PLEASE READ THIS... NEVER USE KAYAK nor VAYAMA they are just a plain NIGHTMARE.

This is the absolut worst way to plan your trip!! horrific experience, unprepared staff, hour-long calls without being able to get any help at all.... our tickets we recieved an mail (money had already been debited) stating that our tickets had been cancelled and that we would have to take a different airline (about 14 hours longer , because of longer connection times) and paying a lot more money. This was completely unacceptable and we are still thinking of a lawsuit against this company..however, sadly, that was only the begginning... it started off really bad because after we bo about 45 days BEFORE OUR TRIP we tried to change the departure date (we had very flexible dates and practically any day within a 10 day period worked for us) however, VAYAMA staff kept telling us that we had to call the airline directly, and then they said that no dates were available, we just kept recieving emails (automated responses) stating that our requested changes were not possible and so on. It was really frustrating, HOWEVER, after all these try outs, my husband had to have and unexpected spinal surgery, therefore it was a MEDICAL EMERGENCY, and regardless of how well I explained the situation to Vayama (I offered to send medical records, hospital surgical report, dr´s medical letter, and anything else I could possibly think of- or Vayama could possibly ask) and still, the only thing we received was a standard- automated response ( the same we had recieved before) stating that our change was not possible. The whole thing happened again when we tried to change our return flight (calling several times after being told to call different numbers, airline directly, and so on) but ultimately not being able to do anything at all.. also important to state that we were never asked whether we wanted to use VAYAMA, to which off couse we would have said NO, but we were automatically redirected through KAYAK. Its really unbelievable that we recieved so little help and support, considering that as I told them, my husband had recently had cancer and undergone surgeries, chemo and radiation and therefore we had to have extra care with his spinal surgery and really needed to change that flight. We ended up taking the risk and flying because we did not want to loose USD2500 which is what we had payed for our tickets.

ronaldb36
6/20/14

I booked a reservation the same day I needed the room. An hour later my scheduled changed and needed to cancel the room. The first customer service rep told me I needed to speak with the specific hotel. Then patched me over to the wrong hotel. I called the right hotel and they told me I needed to speak with getaroom.com. I called them back and they said I could cancel my reservation but would be charged the full amount. It had not beer more than an hour since I booked the room. Total scam. Never using either sites again. Stay away

phillipk18
6/9/14

I used Kayak to find a good rate on a hotel in Los Angeles. I was able to book a decent rate and all went well until I had to change a date on the reservation. There is a big disconnect between Kayak and its affiliate getaroom.com Kayak at this time can't update your trip record with anything changed on getaroom.com. Kayak still displays the old cancelled reservation with the title of the new reservation. The information between all these entities is not updated. The problem with a site like this is all the middlemen touching the reservation. Me -> Kayak -> getaroom.com -> Hotel. I had to call the hotel directly to make sure the reservation existed because I didn't have a valid confirmation number from any system.

janiceb10
5/25/14

Oh my, I'm not sure why I couldn't find this site before booking with them, but BAIT AND SWITCH IS WHAT IT SHOULD BE CALLED, if I could give a minus one, I would. That is illegal, isn't it. I made one reservation based on THEIR reviews that must be MADE UP, because when I reviewed it on another site it said EEWW!! stay away.. so I cancelled that reservation, and made another, which I reviewed prior to making the reservation they did have the best price and it was a holiday weekend so the prices were quite high as it was. But, I've been having a lot of financial troubles for the past 2 years, and haven't been able to take my son on a vacation for 2 years. So we made the reservation for 2 nights at Pensacola beach.. At the Best Western Blue Angel, had great reviews on and off their site, and great pictures on many sites.. so ok we had a reservation. I got up at 3 am to drive down. I was going to go directly to the beach but something told me to swing by on the way to the beach at the hotel even though it wasn't check in time. They immediately handed me a fax from kayak and said that they had received a phone call, that they made an error and they would have to send me to another hotel. Days Inn in Pensacola 5 miles away. When I called them they said I could cancel the hotel altogether if I wanted, they were giving me an UPGRADE?, after driving 7.5 hours to another state, holiday weekend, I decided to take it. It was getting later, so I decided to go on to the beach and deal with the hotel later, I mean we had an upgrade, right and sometimes the Days Inn are nice, not typically nicer then a Best Western but you never know. I was on vacation right?
After a few hours at the beach, we (my 10 year old son and I) to head on to the hotel, not wanting to be overly burned at the beach. When we got there, we were sorely disappointed. The lobby was DRASCIALLY DIFFERENT then the other hotel, the Best western had a couch set with carpet and floral garden, we had to use the restroom which was great. NOT DAYS INN, it was a sterile small standing area approximately bathroom sized. The breakfast that was supposed to be a full breakfast at the Blue Angel Best Western the Days Inn was going to be cereal and yogurt up to 9am, if we woke up on time, we were planning on sleeping in... but it was a room right? So we checked in anyway, it "was" a room on a holiday. We got up to the room, my son noticed in the bathroom that there were splashes of poop on the wall, the tub was dirty, to room smelled like something? mold something. the carpet was falling apart, there was a 10 inch TV. My 10 year old said he wasn't going to shower even with sand in the bottom of his bathing suit. Outside I didn't notice when I pulled up was scary... I read a review on that hotels website that said. Eeww!! It was described pretty accurately "Crack house Haven". I was afraid my car would be vandalized or bedbugs were a great possibility. So I called the kayak people to get a refund, but I was tired, if I wasn't getting a refund I was going to crash there anyway, I was exhausted.. My son was hungry but the fast food in that area was pretty nasty looking, so while I'm on hold, I looked for a new area for him to eat a fast food, while I'm holding for kayak to get whoever needs to authorize a refund, the girl said she'd get someone who said she was from the escalation department. after 35 mins.. another 25 mins, later she said yes, check out from this hotel and they "would" refund the "entire amount". another 10 mins later I'm on the way home.... after I told her I was in the middle of checking out when I was, she said, she called the hotel and because I had checked in and been in the room for an hour they wouldn't refund my money.. she told me to check out.. she knew I had been on hold for an hour and they are keeping my money. I'm sure the Days Inn re-rented my room, it was Memorial day weekend. So no room, no money, no fun!! I got home about 1:30 am after being up at 3am for the trip down to FL. 1st vacation in 2 years

andrewg41
5/21/14

From our complaint to Kayak:

My girlfriend and I realized that instead of starting our vacation in Athens, that we should have started in Hungary/Romania. We looked to see if we could make this very simple switch and saw that according to your policies it was possible. When I called, not only did I find out that it was not possible to switch but that the tickets were completely non-refundable. The man on the phone said that we were completely locked in and there was nothing that we could do about it. If we had booked directly with the airlines, we would likely not be in this position. Because we made the mistake of booking with Kayak, one which we will NEVER repeat, we are completely screwed, as your representative so callously pointed out.

They have not responded. Bastards!

jamesh114
5/16/14

Anytime I need to book a business trip, kayak is the first place I go to compare rates. They've always delivered exactly what I booked/needed. I have no intentions of discontinuing my use of them.

stephanien3
4/21/14

I use this mainly for airfares. It is usually my starting place to compare different airlines. The only down side is that it does not capture ALL airlines, most notably, Southwest does not come up. That's why it gets only 4 stars.

davidw145
4/7/14

This has been the worst experience I have ever had in booking a flight in 20 years of using the Internet. My flight has changed at least 10 times since I booked the flight in November for a June trip. Everytime the flight changes I have to call their so call customer services. It usually two to three calls of 30 minute hold time before I reach a person who doesn't understand English and then I'm on the phone for another 30 minutes before they can re-ticket my flight. Sheer incompetence. If I could give them zero or negative stars I would.

kathys30
3/21/14

I rented a car from enterprise at the Denver airport through Kayak. We arrived at the airport location only to find that Kayak had reserved a car at a different location. I guess this happens more than we would like to think. We had to take the bus back to the airport and then a $40 shuttle to the other Enterprise location. I rented another car for April, and now that I had this experience, I checked my reservation and sure enough they did it again. So, clearly not just an accident. Enterprise said the outside sites like to be able to post the best rates, so they book you elsewhere. Be careful!

ryanh52
3/3/14

Kayak.com compares pricing of a variety of flight information for you and is convenient in that aspect, but the navigation of the page, the prices offered, and the overall quality of the experience was less than stellar.

jjj6
2/27/14

I agree with everything said on this forum. I booked flights through Kayak for my family and me for a trip this June to the World Cup. Booking the tickets was easy enough. Everything was very simple until I received an email from Travelocity that my flight itinerary has changed and to call the Customer Support Center to confirm the changes. It took me five phone calls each lasting over 30 minutes to fix my flight itinerary. The first four times I was told by "Dennis", "Katie", "Ricky", and some other made up name for their overseas support person that they could not get through to the airline to fix my flight. Finally, on the fifth try, I was able to arrange my return flights so that they worked for my travel dates. Great! Done! Now I can get on with my life!! Except, when I get the confirmation email the next day listing my new flight itinerary, I notice that they also changed a flight on the last leg of my outgoing trip so that I am now missing a connector flight to my final destination. This was never reviewed with me during my five phone calls so I have no idea why they changed it to begin with. Now I am in the process of getting this flight fixed. I'm two calls in. The first time, I got the same response, "We're having a hard time connecting to the airline. Please call back." This morning, I just got off a call with "Nancy" where I was on hold for over 30 minutes before my call was picked up. When I explained to her the situation, she said that I'd need to contact the airline directly. What?!! I was very adamant that I would not be doing that since this was their mistake and that they need to own it until it's resolved. After a few minutes of back and forth, "Nancy" finally realized that it is indeed an issue that they need to fix. So, she calls the airline and guess what? She's having a problem connecting and I'm asked to please call back in a couple days. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER EVER WILL I BOOK THROUGH KAYAK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Kayak staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I booked a two night stay at hotel through kayak and it is a dump. Is there anyway to get my money back?
6/29/12
Answer
mariom3
A: I did a direct search to the actual airline sites, and I found a flight cheaper than 100 bucks , so is it just me or does kayak only list flights up to 100 bucks and up ?
4/19/12
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Kayak staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

8 Photos for Kayak