US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

colleens11

A lot of people were saying negative things about shipping, customer service, etc. (in 57 reviews)

leov3

The order was delivery in time, and I received it. (in 156 reviews)

tg37

I ordered from iHerb and started to get emails from them saying that they could not process my credit card. (in 15 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

be12789
5/1/16

I have also been charged import duties and tax of £20 to the UK on an order for £40. iHerb really should mention this on their website, very misleading...

scoute1
4/30/16

This company is a scam. Their deceptive checkout system and sneaky emails basically stole $20 from me. If it was more money, I would describe the details, but its just not worth my time. Long story short: DON'T SHOP HERE.

patw99
4/30/16

iHerb is definitely the best store, out of many that I buy from. Their prices and shipping rates are the most affordable among natural food stores. Shipping is free for US orders over $20 and just $4 internationally. They carry lots of trial products and almost always send free surprise samples. Orders usually ship within 24 hours and so far all of my packages have arrived in perfect condition. By the way, you can also get $5 off your first order with promo code alo065.
iHerb has been named #1 online supplement store by ConsumerLab seven years in a row: from 2008 to 2014. They have such a variety of quality products to choose from it's grocery shopping right from home! What could be better?

jasona83
4/30/16

iHerb got the job done, exactly as I expected. Way to go! Looking forward to ordering more stuff in the future.

marka158
4/30/16

Items were well packaged and received promptly. Very happy with the whole experience.

joshuad50
4/30/16

I love shopping at iHerb. They have most of the organic products that I am looking for, along with a great selection of vitamins. I order usually once a month to keep my items in stock all the time. iHerb's prices are well below the suggested retail that you would pay at a local store. Besides, it is easy to keep a list and reorder off that list!

jennag9
4/29/16

iHerb is amazing! Often cheaper than retail prices, fast shipping and quality products! Use the coupon code VMN410 to get $5 off your first order!

amandaf46
4/29/16

There is no indication on iherb UK's website that you will have to pay Duty and VAT at British Customs for your goods. I've had a very unhelpful note from DHL arrived with no indication how to pay the £41.00!!!!!!!!! Duty on my shipment and, to adult insult to injury, have just had to spend the last hour holding the line, visiting various menus and transfers to call centres to pay this and organise delivery. Ordering from iherb has turned into a very expensive and time wasting debacle and I couldn't be more displeased.

sharonr56
4/28/16

If I could give them ten stars I would. iHerb is an awesome company to shop. They have just about anything you could want and the customer service is great. It seems like the prices are always better than anywhere else!

raneems
4/27/16

Amazing service, products and VERY affordable delivery! I ordered products all the way to Dubai, it came within less than a week AND in amazing condition. Very happy with my purchase and will definitely purchase again!

zdravkod
4/26/16

When you choose the items and delivery options not a single word about import taxes and extra charges.
Actually you get an invoice and 10% credit for your next order.
You pay it and everything is OK

UNTIL several days later DHL texts you the following RANSOM message:

DHL would like to deliver a shipment with Waybill No 1234567890, however, £ XX is payable for Duty and VAT. Please make payment at www.dhl.co.uk/epayments.

Everything they do is legal but it is NOT professional.
Would not recommend iHerb to UK customers

suer41
4/25/16

I couldn't find anywhere on their website that I would be charged an extra £15 for VAT and DHL delivery, therefore, I won't be purchasing from IHerb again. To add to my annoyance, DHL have had my purchase for 3 weeks and I still haven't received it. They said they have tried to deliver 3 times, but I had no notification that they had tried to do so. They wouldn't leave my package in the secure place I specify on a note on my front door - every other company leaves packages, but not DHL without, I discovered after phoning them, a signed note giving the waybill number. It would have been so much cheaper and quicker to have purchased from Amazon!

huberg
4/16/16

Very disppointed with the customer care of this company. Does not disclose properly or give you any warning about the huge additional charges asked by the shipping company! Happily take the money for the order!

zh194
4/15/16

very unhappy with my whole experience with iherb- as summarised in the title. I will not be ordering for them in the future!

rachelt49
4/13/16

After buying two lots of herbs at £10 each, already paying £8 for delivery then told to pay an extra £16 by customs the item became so expensive. I was told by their courrier on a web chat if I no longer wanted to pay then customs they would be returned free of charge so I agreed to do that. Nievely not knowing Iherb were charging me £30 for delivery. When Iherb told me there would be a charge I messaged them and contacted their courrier saying I would keep the herbs and pay the duties. The herbs were at my local depot 10 minutes away but Iherb for some reason then contacted them asking them to be returned to US. Now I have no herbs even though I paid for them. And Iherb are taking no responsibility over their part in this problem. With a web address of uk.iherb.com I did not realise nor feel the need to further look into seen if they were not based in the uk. For a big companie like Iherb I think a little customer service on this issue would have gone a long way! The value is not a big loss but I am upset at how things have not been resolved.

heleng4
4/8/16

I've ordered from iHerb on many occasions, always the US one and once on the UK one (it forces it now if you're in the UK), and all of my orders via the US iHerb did not warrant any customs charges. I order the Crazy Rumor lip balms (8 to 10 at a time), but my order through the UK iHerb was £26 and I was told to pay £12.44 for delivery of the items (£8 charge to Royal Mail) as a customs charge. I'm not pleased about this and I shall not be ordering again, especially since there is no information on the iHerb website alerting customers about any possible taxes and charges.So do I risk these items being returned and then iHerb not refunding me any monies because the return shipping costs were higher than the original order, or do I just bloody pay this ridiculous fee and get the items. On this occasion, royal mail wins, but it's not right.

jacobp32
3/30/16

I have placed many orders through iHerb over the past few years, and they always have good prices on their products with very fast free shipping (available with $20+ orders). Their selection is good, although not perfect (but who has EVERYTHING you are looking for?) it is the best I have found. I like that I can rely on great value with the products that I get from them and it is shipped very quickly and packaged well every time.

stevenf48
3/29/16

Very happy with the free shipping for orders over $20 and the quality of shipping and packaging. The selection of products is great and the expiration dates are excellent. Will definitely order from iHerb again.

aliciad34
3/29/16

iHerb is awesome! All other companies should follow their business model. They offer great products, great prices and AWESOME customer service, down to the detail in how they ship the products. I will continue to do business with them.

larryj41
3/29/16

This is one of the best websites if you're looking for any supplement or vitamin product.
The site is very well arranged, so it is easy and quick to order even if you are not a computer genius.

shelleyg9
3/25/16

Placed and order, it came. (I'm in the US, no shipping problems.) Everything was fine except for one product, which was incorrect. (The Frontier Foods Bac'Ums had two products: Vegetarian, and Bacon Flavored Soy. I ordered the SOY, got the vegetarian.) Went back to the website, explained the problem, and was told a new one was on the way.
It arrived and it too was incorrect. This time I was told I needed pictures! So I did that, and got an email saying the replacement was on it's way.
This product, for the THIRD time is still incorrect. Sent another email with pictures, and called- more hoops to jump through on my end as they want the bad product back, while it still remains if I get a corrected order or not. It makes me real leery of ever ordering from them again.

This review was updated after receiving a FOURTH incorrect product in a row. I finally cancelled my order and downgraded the two star rating to a one. It doesn't get any worse than this, if you can't get the product you ordered because some moron on the other end keeps hitting the "repeat" button instead of actually looking to see what is wrong on their end.

chantali
3/23/16

My order took 6 weeks to arrive, because it was held up at customs. I emailed iherb and they said there was nothing they could do. When I finally received the order, I had to pay 30.00 customs duty. It's not worth ordering from them if you live in Europe and I won't be doing it again. Waste of time and money and very disappointing.

sherryld1
3/23/16

This was my first time buying from them. After 3 weeks of waiting, they could not tell me what happened to my order. I chatted several times with them and they were indifferent, never offered to re-ship until I finally told them to cancel the order and credit my card.

janer55
3/22/16

I have been buying products from Iherb for several years. Lately I have noticed iherb has been more price competitive and their customer service better and pleasing than before. In a nutshell, I am a very satisfied customer, have no complaints, and would certainly buy from iherb again!

brucec58
3/22/16

I am very happy with iHerb. Very prompt, professional company.

sharonr51

rickyr12
3/22/16

Quick delivery and happy with the products. Well recommended.

anno80
3/22/16

Excellent and accurate service, and the best prices too. I appreciated the free shipping for orders over $20. Great site.

fredr367
3/22/16

I have been purchasing my vitamin needs from this company for a couple of years - they generally have what I need in stock and have shipped within a few days. I like it that there is a history of what you have ordered online for you to see.

joba9
3/22/16

A very bad experienced. I checked first my savings visa balance before I decided to purchase. Now after completing filled up those informations and payment. A day after upon checking my remaining balanace I found out that they already deducted the said amount. So i was thinking the transaction is valid. Also on that day I received an email from them saying they hold my product for some verification regarding my account. As to make the story short they already deducted the said amount and now they've said that they did not made any deduction with my account. It is very clear in my part coz i have the receipt before and after the transaction was made. I am strongly believe that I am one of the victim's of online syndicate. Ò

Hope that this message will serve as a lesson to put an extra careful by purchasing online.

iHerb if you are legitimate online website our Customer's Protection is your primarily concern..

karimak
3/22/16

Well I wrote them a complaint on an expired supplement and trying to send back the stuff so they could replace with a new one, I was shocked to learn the how expensive I have to pay for the shipping. Their answers are very condescending and rude.
Last time I ever deal with this company. It was a mistake in the first place to placed orders from them.

laurar81
3/21/16

The site is seriously misleading. No refund if you decide to return your orders. Tax and handling are way too much (up to 80 % of the actual price) .

antoinettek2
3/21/16

I herb looks cheap at first but they dont highlight the cost of taxes and amazon is often just as cheap if not cheaper plus they offer rewards scheme that operate like a pyramid scheme except you dont know the person whose code finds its way onto your order and who benefits from your purchase to the tune of 5% every time you order.

aishwaryak1
3/21/16

I placed an order without looking into the custom clearance price.. as i was already charged for shipping. This is simply pathetic! Was charged a bomb for clearance.. n t worse part is you cannot get a refund as the product will not be returned if you don take it!

Just sad

hazemf
3/20/16

even if u order with them through DHL transporation it never arrives on time .
besides when i ordered one time the vitamen was marked in stock and then they sent to me after making order that its out of stock !!!
the customer service is horrible and definitely waste of money
i use bodybuilding.com and am happier with it

rosem289
3/18/16

Very easy purchases, great product lines, reasonable & competitive pricing and fast 2 day free shipping. Always a pleasure to order from their store. Additionally, there are plenty of daily, weekly and monthly promotions on their specials page so check them out as well.

reidm18
3/17/16

basically this is the e-mail they sent me after I request for a refund:

I mentioned in my previous email that if your order is returned to us due to a banned/restricted products policy, a wrong address, refusal to pay customs fees, refused to accept the order or because no one was there to accept delivery of your order, we will refund your credit card as follows: You will be refunded the total amount of the order, minus the shipping charge and the return cost. Also, refunds will not be issued until the returned package is physically in our warehouse. However, since the total cost to return the package, including the duties and taxes is more that the amount of your refund, iHerb requested to DHL to abandon the package, hence, no refund will be processed.

If you have any additional questions or you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

fayc29
3/17/16

This is their respond after 6 weeks.
Upon checking, it shows that the DHL return cost was $42.95, and we have requested to have the package to be abandoned. Therefore, there is no refund to be processed. I do apologize for that.

Should you have any questions, please do contact us.
Now you decide if this company is trustworthy.
They ignored all my emails the phone was never answered, and I never received the goods, they never paid me my money.

sarahe44
3/15/16

Whenever I order an item it's always available and iHerb has some great discounts. The delivery service is the best I've ever seen anywhere. I can't believe that I receive my orders within a couple of days.

jasona74
3/15/16

Accurate order, best prices, superfast delivery, excellent inventory to choose from.

davida234
3/15/16

Always efficient, always good prices and excellent products, I love this company

pcc6
3/13/16

I bought two supplements from their site for UK delivery paying international shipping charges. Their rates were the same as some other competitors selling on Amazon but decided to give them a chance. After order was placed and shipped, I receive an email from DHL saying delivery has been scheduled however i need to extra GBP 17 for other charges and VAT! HUH! These charges are 70% of the cost of my products ordered.

Since I need these supplements urgently went ahead and paid for them, but will NEVER order again and want to help other fellow shoppers from getting scammed.

STAY AWAY.. P.S. If i could give them 'ZERO stars' would happily do.

sages
3/10/16

1st 2 purchases from iherb.com through shipping through local singpost - all was fine. Suddenly nightmare on iHerb street.... 3rd shipment - Singapost could not find the address, then could not find the addressee even though i was here all the time. Sent a complaint to iHerb...they didn't really bother but asked me to check with the courier who gave me a hard time. Thought maybe my next shipment will be ok since they had delivered to goods one month after dispatch from iherb. Tried again...again they screwed it up. Informed iHerb about it... and again.. they said ...call the courier company..
It seems like i have to change to another online store.....
very disappointed... :-(

davida232
3/8/16

The organic products I reveived were exactly what I wanted. Excellent and fast service. Only wish that I knew about Iherb sooner, but i am saving money now! Thank you!

patw91
3/8/16

I am very pleased with all my purchases from iherb! They are the best in the business and far ahead of their competition. No other health food company offers free US shipping over $20 regardless of the weight of your order and free international shipping! I would not comment on the negative reviews since I have my suspicions on where they are coming from. iHerb also has a very nice, easy to navigate website with lots of great products!

erikav6

IHERB
May have attractive prices however, they do not inform their consumers about the extra costs for international delivery even when they have local website. And if you refuse the package..You can read the message that I received from IHERB.
Please understand that if you choose to deny the package, the shipping company will send it back to iHerb.com's facility where you will be refunded the full amount minus the shipping costs. In addition, the refund may take up to 2 months to complete as shipping companies bring back packages to iHerb.com in bulk only six times a year.
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!

tammyb50
3/7/16

My shipment was lost in transit. Called IHerb and spoke to Leslie. She said I needed to call FedEx and the local Post Office, which I had already done before I called IHerb. She said that I would need to keep checking with my Post Office. Really!!! I told her just cancel my order. Leslie said that she couldn't do that. Again Really! I was getting really stressed and she finally said she would refund my money. SO STRESSED FROM THIS!!!
DO NOT USE THEM

janet847
3/6/16

I love iHerb! They are my supplier for most of my organic products. They also pack everything neatly and shipments arrive extremely fast.

tylerl22
3/6/16

iHerb has an enormous selection of natural products, prices are amazing and delivery is speedy. What more can one ask? I believe I've saved hundreds of dollars over the past few years by shopping with iHerb.

daphnep6
3/5/16

Everything was as expected... Got all my products and the shipping was good too despite not being able to track it. Customer service was prompt to reply and very kind. Will shop again.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

40 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the iHerb staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
5 days ago
Answer
robertr177
A: You may have to pay import taxes, Customs duties and/or a brokerage (handling) fee for your order. Unfortunately we do not know how much these charges will be. These charges are applied by your customs office and you will be billed directly for them. Please check with the Customs Office of India to see if you will be subject to any fees or taxes and if you can import the items you wish to order without any additional licenses or permits needed.
4 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
1 week ago
Answer
robertr177
A: We apologize that you were unaware that we were located in the United States and your package would be considered an import into your country..

Unfortunately, iHerb.com cannot control these additional costs since they are brought by the government and not by iHerb.com.

Please understand that if you choose to deny the package, the shipping company will send it back to iHerb's facility where you will be refunded for the cost of the items minus any return shipping fees. If the return shipping cost is more than the amount of the shipment, the package will be abandoned and their will be no refund available.
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the iHerb staff and other customers.

7 Photos for iHerb