US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

colleens11

A lot of people were saying negative things about shipping, customer service, etc. (in 57 reviews)

natam74

Every order has been filled perfectly, packaged well and shipped promptly. (in 125 reviews)

tg37

I ordered from iHerb and started to get emails from them saying that they could not process my credit card. (in 13 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

aruno
2/10/16

Indian customers please never never order from this company. i ordered 2 creams from this website and paid 3500 Rs with delivery. I paid for this with my credit card and next day i got call and emails from DHL to upload some documents for the custom clearance. after spending ridiculous amount of time preparing this documents and wasting a lot of my time i uploaded them and waited for my product. when the product came to me, to my surprise there was a extra amount of 2500 Rs for custom duty which was never mentioned while placing the order on their website. when i call the DHL agent and told them that it was never mentioned on the website about the extra cost while ordering, he started arguing with me that its my fault not to find all the details. he started arguing that custom duty is always extra and they dont know about the exact amount while the order is placed. but since i have a import export business i know that custom duty can only be 30% of the product cost and not more than that and that means there is really a fraud involved in this. here they are charging me almost 75% of the product cost which is a big scam and fraud. after reading all the reviews on this website i am convinced this company is nothing but a fraud and I dont know why reputed courier company like DHL is also involved in this fraud and making their image terrible. please dont order from this company.

ghermaouib
2/4/16

I did my order and paid with my card order and shipping but after when they send already they send me email I have to pay 25€ more for shipping ,or if I cancel they take money for ship it back !so shipping cost me the half price of my order!dont believe in first price !!use other websites there is a lot of alternative! And they telling it's not there mistake ,so they just don't care about costumers!be careful

sv428
2/1/16

Okay, whatever happened was part of my fault. I used frequently Puritain.com and vitacost.com for all my supplement and cosmetic purchases, then, I came across iherb.com....and decided to give it a try. Well, that was a big mistake. My husband and I have residences in Mumbai and Hong Kong, so we fly between BOM and HKG frequently. I placed the order with iherb.com in Hong Kong few days back, thinking, easy enough.....Next day, I received an email from iHerb.com saying I have to go to their website to verify a random deposit amount into my bank for verification. Okay, no problem. Checked my bank online, found out the amount in Indian Rupees (our bank card is from Mumbai), BUT they want the EXACT US Dollar amount! And iHerb.com people said, YOU JUST NEED TO CALL YOUR BANK AND YOU CAN FOUND OUT THE EXACT US DOLLARS AMOUNT. On my online banking statement / balance, they only state in indian rupee amount, and it is a pain to call my bank in India from Hong Kong, so I emailed the CS to found out what the problem is? Usually, when we use our card online, the payment gateway, usually asked for the transaction verification code during the actual transaction, but with iherb.com this step was missing. They asked either the random amount withdrew from you bank account (without any prior permission), or your transaction verification code!!!! Really, if I give you my transaction verification code in the email or to your staff, you can use my credit card online to buy anything! Seriously!?
Also, not only they withdrew a random amount from my bank account separately, they also charged the order amount from my bank. And they stated that the amount is only authorization and NOT REALLY a charge. Not according to my bank, IT IS A DEBIT AND NOT AUTHORIZATION OR A HOLD, NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAID.
Anyway, cancelled the order now. Really hoping that they refund my money soon enough.

marka139
1/31/16

Items were well packaged and received promptly. Very happy with the whole experience

patw89
1/31/16

I am very pleased with all my purchases from iherb

rachelm79
1/30/16

Warning! iHerb take payment for postage but have packages arrive with you that have not had shipping taxes paid and say that they can't help what our government charges nor what shipping company you choose (I choose?) £20 for two bottles of vitamins and they say, " Please note that the refund for returned orders may take up to 2 months to complete as shipping companies bring back packages to iHerb in bulk only six times a year. It is really better just to take care of the taxes than to have the package denied."
Forwarding this and all the other nonsense in their email to Which?

hanik
1/30/16

Ordered for the third time from this place, and I have not been disappointed. Each time I got the "Sodium Ascorbate" (Vit C) and it was shipped fast, no hassles and easy to modify your order before it's shipped. Loved it! Ordered from D.C. so I'm not sure if it's the same for international orders.

beek10
1/29/16

My product was detained by Malaysian immigration - didn't realise there's a law against importing supplements. Anyway, they said that many supplements in the USA according to National Geographic are mass produced in China n sold as if made under quality processes in USA. What do u say to that.

gauthierb5
1/29/16

After ordered from the site in £ ! And not being told that you are ordering from America ! The site is not clear enough , and you end up paying duty on top ! What a rip off ! STAY AWAY from their site if you order from Europe !

aliciad28
1/24/16

iHerb is awesome! All other companies should follow their business model. They offer great products, great prices and AWESOME customer service, down to the detail in how they ship the products. I will continue to do business with them.

rachelr34
1/23/16

I ordered from NZ and was quoted in $NZ on their website. I paid NZ$398 plus shipping. When customs returned the order I was given NZ$169 as Iherb claimed the order was worth $US150. Nowhere in the world does this exchange rate exist! I was quoted in NZ and expected NZ back. Be very careful with this company. I spoke with them again and it turns out they also charged over $200 in return postage even though it cost $29 to get it here. Couldn't/wouldnt provide me with an invoice

davida227
1/22/16

I am very pleased to have been informed about iherb and have had many years of enjoyable shopping. The products are excellent, the prices are amazing and the company is a great one to deal with. I can't say enough about iherb and suffice it to say, I plan to be telling everyone I know about iHerb.

joshuad35
1/22/16

Hi, I shop with iherb fairly often. The prices are the best I've seen anywhere, my local health food store charges almost triple to what iHerb charges. Also they have a huge selection of many many different items. I think iherb is great and I'll keep coming back. Thanks!

ilenep
1/21/16

I ordered three 16 ounce jars of peanut butter on 1-20-16. They surely arrived fast. With an expiration date of 2-23-16?!!! Really? Never again. Shame on them.

fredr362
1/19/16

Service is excellent. Good prices. Items are delivered so quickly. I have been shopping at Iherb for almost 5 years and never had a problem.

janetd29
1/19/16

One of my items was damaged by the shipping company but iherb support got me a replacement item shipped out within 24 hours. I've been their customer for several years and this was the first time I had to contact their customer support. Great products, prices and service.

mc448
1/13/16

Don't buy from this company internationally. Customs is an issue. They don't even warn you when you order. No refund! Total rip off.

rabiaa1
1/11/16

I still have not received my parcel and it has been 4 weeks. The confirmation email sent from iherb has tracking info and when i clicked on the link it took me to fedex. i called fedex and they told me this was a scam. when i checked out at iherb i chose hermes express delibery.

debbiem64
1/9/16

There was a problem with shipping, my package was supposed to arrive on Dec 29 2015 and now it's Jan 10 2016 and I have to deal with DHL directly and report back to iHerb. All iHerb customer service do especially if you use email, is that they send you a standard reply of how sorry they are but nothing they can do. Customer service hotline is US is a little bit better but they are also not very helpful at all. The best bit is that customer service tells me that if I cancel my order I will not get a full refund even though I still haven't received my order. I WILL NOT order from iHerb again.

lindad102
1/8/16

False information on their website, and not willing to solve any issues.Ordered for $164, but hey, customers are dumb and why bother...!

Idiots! Packed poorly as well, 4 out of 10 boxes are damaged. People WATCH OUT! When you want to order with iHerb.com !!

When you search on their page for information about import taxes, they state: 'you MAY have to pay import taxes' and 'you will be billed directly for them.' This information is FALSE. They don't charge, so you think you're order is free of charges... But then DHL shows up with the bill.

They just show up at your door telling you to pay €45.If you'd refuse they won't send the package back, iHerb doesn't allow that, so they will destroy it leaving you to loose the $ paid for the products!!!

shivanid1
1/5/16

They're a total scam. I've had the worst experience with these guys. Do not buy from them if you want to keep your money. This is my story, posted on their Facebook Page: I'm thoroughly disappointed with your lack of professionalism. You ought to be far more transparent about additional courier costs. I paid for a product, was shocked to see that I had to pay more than the product to DHL (not mentioned on your site at all) and am now told that I won't get a refund!!

mariae32
1/4/16

I use this site all of the time to order my organic spices, healthy body care items, and essential oils. Not the cheapest price but close (way cheaper than any health food store in my area) and you can't beat the free shipping after $20... Which makes it the cheapest then. Only had one problem and they refunded my money to my card, no problem. They're great in all of my experiences and I order frequently.

marimo

good

carmenv16
1/4/16

Excellent prices when you find deals. And pacjagibg is toughfully done. You get your items in less than 4 days with free shipping. Best place I purchase health and care.

tg37
1/1/16

I ordered from iHerb and started to get emails from them saying that they could not process my credit card. The wording was terrible, and I could not make out what they required of me.
I called my bank and they said the order had been processed. Today, I got an email from iHerb again saying that they had cancelled my order because they could not process the credit card.
Horrible service. They do not know how to process a simple credit card transaction. FYI, the credit card has an available balance well beyond the tiny order I tried to place.
I will go back to Amazon.
But now I know why their prices are so low. iHerb just can't seem to get together.
Good luck, iHerb. Once you get the bugs worked out of your shopping cart or processing system, the low prices "might" be worth it.

rosem248
12/30/15

They ship very quickly and the packaging is very thoughtful! The products I've ordered have been of excellent quality, and overall iHerb offers very reasonable prices!

ryant41
12/30/15

The items I order are of very high quality and the price is right. I have ordered every item several times and have recommended iherb to all my friends. Outstanding service, quality, and low price. I will continue to order my organic vitamins, protein bars and organic cosmetics - I love the one stop shopping.

janer48
12/30/15

My order came on time and just was as it would be described, everything was perfect, I got a good deal!

sarahm195

Worst customer service
Yet all other sites they have "this is not premited to country,can not be shipped"
You order they send the order and then your order do not enter the country so they do not refund what you paid and say should have known your country restrictions

anooshl
12/30/15

In very good faith I ordered 3 Solgar items to the value of £44.77 but to my utter dismay found that I had to pay £19 customs duty in order to receive the goods as it was not made clear on the website that the items would be shipped from the USA - had I known this I would not have proceeded with my order. I believe I was grossly misled by iHerbs and contacted their customer services who were totally unhelpful and gave me a lengthy account saying that it was not their responsibility that customs duty had to be paid as it was the law of the relevant country....well I know this, I'm not stupid - they totally failed to understand that I wanted a refund of the customs duty I had to pay because of them misleading me! I'm sure they do understand but are just not wishing to acknowledge their responsibility. So for all of you who are ordering from outside the USA, please be warned that you will have to pay a considerable customs levy before you receive your items....it worked out much cheaper for me to purchase the same items locally. Needless to say I will never be ordering from iHerbs again!

catherinem34
12/30/15

iHerb ordered DHL to destroy my order: value $189cda & then has the audacity to tell me i get no refund

Tip for consumers: here's my update - after cool headed polite persistence & lots of documentation I did get a refund from Iherb so if u can prove your case & maintain a nice demeanor it works ( as with most things in life - its all about the attitude)

eileenn12
12/29/15

I was dismayed to learn that my £150 order of supplements was subject to another £39 in customs and excise duty! I have received an email from DHL this morning requesting payment before they will deliver. I will not be ordering from this site again. For people ordering from the UK it works out cheaper to buy locally.

sm776
12/28/15

Stay well clear of this terrible website as you wont be pleased !
Please be warned they are rubbish !
I would never ever go near hat website ever again im totally disgusted the way they treat customers, there a disgrace to the industry !!!!!!!!!!!

janer46
12/21/15

The iHerb website was user friendly. I was amazed with the variety of organic products that were available and the shipping was unbelievably fast. Besides, you can save $5 on your first order if you copy/paste coupon code alo065 during checkout. And right now they have a free international shipping promotion going on. Overall I highly recommend iHerb to everyone!

jeffreyr31
12/18/15

I live about 40 minutes from the marina facility where I order from and it takes 4 days to ship it. I could get good prices elsewhere

ryant40
12/7/15

This is my second time ordering from iHerb and I'm very pleased with the service I've received. Ordering is a snap, the packaging/wraping is perfect and the products are top notch. They have excellent prices which will always bring me back.

rosem233
12/7/15

I love shopping at iHerb. They have most of the organic products that I am looking for, along with a great selection of vitamins. I order usually once a month to keep my items in stock all the time. iHerb's prices are well below the suggested retail that you would pay at a local store. Besides, it is easy to keep a list and reorder off that list!

jiroo
12/7/15

I am so disappointed in iHerb service. I am a repeat customer but they failed to even get my order out of the door because they could not complete the transaction with my bank in the UK. They tried some 'small charge' verification method that I was actually a real customer. However, repeated calls to my bank failed to trace iHerb's transaction requests. After days going around in circles I just cancelled my order and went with HealthMonthly.co.uk. I think iHerb should stick to their local California market and forget the international market until they have their business processes sorted out seriously.

brians178
12/6/15

three weeks, too expensive and then they label the box to attract the attention of customs, so another 20.00 BUYER BEWARE THESE PEOPLE ARE USELESS

elizabeths107
12/3/15

I save a ton of money by ordering items that are very expensive here in OZ such as 100% essential oils, natural organic skincare, certain supplements, natural based makeup and foods such as organic spices. I use the free Aust Post option and sometimes DHL if I need it fast (it's heavily discounted). Have placed over 10 orders no problems and once a item arrived damaged and I received refund for it after emailing photos of the damage (a cleaning product had leaked). I order on extra discount days as well to save extra $$. Use RHN527
To get $5 off your first order

bobl62
12/2/15

I've seen horrible reviews about iherb. I haven't had any problems with them yet. The only complaint I have is that the packaging isn't really safe. They just jam everything in one box with big air pockets around it, but if you have a mix of "crushable" items (eg chips) and "heavy" items (eg glass bottles), they will not have any individual protection to prevent damage. I'm used to having smaller/heavier items placed in a box within the big box to protect the bigger/more fragile items outside. I ordered "Dandies" marshmallows once and they arrived a bit crushed.

Besides that, the website has a great selection of items and amazing deals. International shipping is pretty cheap. Shipping time is as described.

stephenr58
12/1/15

iHerb is an amazing company in that I believe they really care about their customers and always deliver in a timely manner. It is so nice to get your shipment so fast every time. All I can say is keep up the good work!

sachink5
12/1/15

Dont buy if you are in India,Because of duty charges cost will double .Also they are not giving any detail about duty payment which should pay by end user.At delivery end user has to give charges to courier agency.

ianw41
11/28/15

do not buy from this company you will be hit with a duty and vat payment by the uk delivery company. they say in thier small print it says you may have to but they should make it very clear. You can buy the products from UK based companies for the same price.
I complained about this and all they could do is say have a nice and healthy day poor poor customer service DO NOT BUY from this company

sarahe37
11/26/15

The organic products I reveived were exactly what I wanted. Excellent and fast service. Only wish that I knew about Iherb sooner, but i am saving money now! Thank you!

janer42
11/26/15

I have been buying products from Iherb for several years. Lately I have noticed iherb has been more price competitive and their customer service better and pleasing than before. In a nutshell, I am a very satisfied customer, have no complaints, and would certainly buy from iherb again!

renatab5
11/23/15

Ordered from iHerb and product has not arrived, it has since been stopped at customs because iHerb shipped without the correct documentation.

When I asked them to assist, they told me that it is not their responsibility to ship but that of DHL, but DHL wouldnt be able to generate invoices and product info.

I did not order from DHL I ordered from iHerb and I expect them to at least have their documentation to DHL who is now completely confused from their client (iherb) where to get the correct documentation.

Zero customer service and places blame on their chosen shipping partner?

iHerb has my money and I have not received the product!

paolal3
11/17/15

It's my first time ordering something online abroad and i am satisfied to have had it with IHerb. I live in Iceland and I got my order after 3 days. I foresee regular transactions with Iherb. :)

ellend15
11/15/15

I LOVE this company!! I order the same article every time, and all I have to do is click on three buttons-- recent orders, reorder, send.
Done.

Shipping is fast ( the meds are critical for my dog, so I order in lots of time ) and the item arrives well packed.

iHerb, I am SO glad I found you!!

Ellen

abcx1
11/14/15

Anybody looking to order from Saudi Arabia, listen up! If you're ordering herbs and/or supplements, you will need SFDA approval. I went to Saudi Post before placing order and they said I won't need any of that but when the shipment arrived here, SFDA emailed me their clearance form telling me to fill it out. The point being - go to the SFDA website and get their personal import clearance form and send it in before placing your order. It'll save you much time. My shipment was stuck in customs for about 6 days 'cause of that.

Anyhow, DHL service was plenty fast and dirt cheap as well. Paid a mere 30 riyals. iHerb's prices were great; and no exchange rates was a big plus. Their customer service is good too. Packaging could have been better but my stuff arrived in good shape so I don't really care.

Oh btw, I didn't have to pay DHL brokerage/handling fee either. But then, my order was under SAR 375 ($100) so no customs duties/taxes. Worked out real cheap. Just take care of the approval thing and you're all set!

33 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the iHerb staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 weeks ago
Answer
aruno
A: well dont order from india. when the product will come to your door you will be surprised by the extra custom cost which is almost the price of your product. it happened with me i am from gujarat and i found out later that it happened with many others
1 day ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
3 weeks ago
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the iHerb staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

6 Photos for iHerb