US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

59 Reviews for iHerb

▼ Sort by: recent

7/30/14

Don't waste your money at iHerb. I have spent in excess of $3000.00 over the past few years and only once did I ask for anything in return: Cancel an order that was placed over a weekend when they are CLOSED because I ordered the wrong item. I canceled it 8 hrs after placement, @ 9 hrs I received word from ARLENE - the most sarcastic rep I have EVER encountered ANYWHERE, indicating the product shipped the day before - but the order wasn't even placed the day before. Order shipped 3 days after I canceled it. Is a $3000.00 customer worth losing over forcing a $53.00 order on them? I emailed the CEO, no response. iHerb used to free ship overnight. Now free ship takes 4 days; they ship through bulk postal snail mail. I replaced iHerb with WonderLabs, great people, assured me they wouldn't treat me that way, and give 10% off every order - unlike iHerb who only gives 10% to first time customer orders. If you want to be a valued customer, don't shop here.

6/26/14

I NEED A FULL REFUND OF MY ORDER. WHY WOULD IHERB ALLOW YOU TO PURCHASE SUPPLEMENTS THAT ARE NOT IN STOCK THAT IS FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. I TRIPLE CHECKED EVERY SINGLE ITEM IN MY ORDER AND IT SAID EACH AND EVERYONE WAS IN STOCK. AS SOON AS I PLACE MY ORDER ALL OF SUDDEN MY RAW HONEY AND EXTRACT ARE NOT IN STOCK. THIS WHY I DO NOT BUY FROM VITACOST THEY PULL THIS CON GAME. PLUS ON TOP OF IT I PAID FOR NEXT DAY AIR EXPEDITED FOR MY ORDER TO COME TOMORROW MORNING NOW CROOKED IHERB SAYS IT WILL NOT SHOW UP ON TIME BUT WILL BE VERY LATE. I PAID FOR TO IT ARRIVE ON FRIDAY 6/27/2014 NOW IT WILL DELIVERED ON MONDAY 6/302014.

5/30/14

$10 off first purshase - coupon/code♥♥♥SFT777♥♥♥

I really appreciate the ease of shopping at the iHerb website. Being able to create and save a list of items that I purchase on a regular basis is a wonderful tool. It makes shopping every month so much easier. I am grateful for all of the information available for each vitamin or supplement giving detailed ingredients and usage as well as reviews. The extensive catalog provides lots of options and comparison shopping is easy. Every order has been filled perfectly, packaged well and shipped promptly. All communications through the website and email have been clear and helpful. Oh and did I say how much I appreciate the sales?! Thank you, iHerb! Great quality and wonderful customer service.

5/28/14

Dont know if the product is good as I NEVER received it. I contacted them and all I got was a template answer. I kept writing them and all I got was the same answer, all copy paste. I lost my 65 dollars and my order. It has been 2 months and nothing. Very bad service and bad proficiency.

5/17/14

IHerb Best Store! $10 off Coupon/code ♥♥♥SFT777♥♥♥

Use the code iherb ♥♥♥sft777♥♥♥ to get $ 10 discount for orders of $ 40. The discount is valid for your first order. You will also receive a discount of $5 if your purchase is less than $40. Enter the code in the during checkout. The store was founded in 1996. It's about 35,000 different products of famous brands. The store sold only natural organic products: cosmetics, perfumes, household goods, household chemicals, vitamins, pet products, food, etc. Free shipping U.S. 1-3 Day + Zero Tax for orders over $20.00, international orders - $4.
iHerb has been named #1 online supplement store by ConsumerLab.com 5 years in a row 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012!
The prices are very reasonable, excellent service, fast delivery!

5/17/14

Well, they said they shipped my order 3 weeks ago, and there is no sign of it. They haven't returned my queries, so I assume I am out of pocket in addition to being out of tea. I won't order from them again. Wish I had read the reviews before ordering. Anyone know where I can get some Yogi tangerine positive energy tea? I will send Yogi Teas an Email to let them know what is going on too.

5/16/14

I received an email advising that you would get a VIP discount for life if you ordered over $200 in products. I ordered $212 in total and did not get the discount. Today I spoke with loralei who advised it is over $200 with the discount taken off. I advised it was very a misleading email but still no VIP discount. Advised I would be taking my custom elsewhere. Will be reporting to relevant consumer board in US
AVOID

5/12/14

iherb customer service lied to me

I had this dialog with Rhosalie in customer support. A week later I didn't get the credit I was promised. I contacted customer support and was told to basically go away. So, I am committed to logging bad reviews on 20 review sites.

Me: Hi Rhosalie. I'm looking at this: http://www.iherb.com/product-reviews/Now-Foods-5-HTP-100-mg-60-Vcaps/37831/
The price shows as $7.64. When I add it to my cart it shows $12.73.
Rhosalie: I do apologize for that. Let me pull out your account. Just give me a moment.
Me: Sure.

Rhosalie: Regarding your concern we will manually adjust the sale price to your account.
Me: Thank you. What do I need to do?

Rhosalie: It will automatically appear on your account.

Me: Ok. Thank you.

Rhosalie: You are very much welcome. Have a great day ahead!
Me: I'm logged in. I'm about to place my order. I still has the higher price. Is that correct?
Rhosalie: Yes. I have already raised this concern to our senior agents. And the adjustment will reflected within 2 business days.
Me: Ok, so I should submit the order and expect to see a credit issued to my credit card later?
Rhosalie: Definitely, just give us sometime.

Me: Ok. Thanks.

Rhosalie: You are very much welcome.

5/6/14

SUMMARY: Stay away from iherb for orders to Canada.
The details: I requested a delivery to Canada. iherb only offers an untrackable shipping method for Canada. Still waiting for my package four weeks later, I contacted iherb, and started a rather confusing email communication with Customer Service. One month later, they offered a partial refund, referring to their return policy (restocking, etc.). I argued that their return policy did not apply here since I never returned anything - nothing was ever delivered to me. Customer Service kept on copying and pasting their return policy.
This site may do legitimate business for the US, but it looks like a SCAM for Canada deliveries.

4/7/14

Interestingly, the reviews listed here that contain coupon info and 5-star ratings tend to sound as if they were possibly placed by the company itself or by a shill, whereas the 1-star reviews sound as if they were written by actual customers.

Why is that?

3/28/14

this company has the worst customer service there scammers send out products that are damaged then when you contact them they give you nothing but attitude stay clear of companies like this use vitacost or puritans pride there much better at handling complaints plus the shipping companies they deal with like DHL they charge you at the door for a 27.00 item I paid another 19.00 customs and for another 23.00 item they charged me again at the door 19.00 wow got wonder who is behind this that's like god dam double the money for shipping with a crappy company

3/28/14

Do not order from iherb. DHL-their courier- is a rip off and iherb does not remotely understand the meaning of customer service. There is no real refund in reality as thier fees are structured in such a way as to make it meaningless.

3/26/14

I should have read the reviews before I place my order. They do not reply promptly to the email and forget about calling.

3/23/14

Worst customer service experience ever by folks who have no idea what customer service is. Sent back an unopen item and was charged a so called 20% restocking fee.

Their website does not advise against any re-stocking fees! Rip Off! Great companies are measured on great service, this site does not come close!

3/22/14

I never got my package, checked the tracking, found out that ups had returned it without any attempt to get in touch with me. Told I herbs customer service, they had suddenly refunded my purchase, not my shipping, and said they couldn't do anything. When I said that this was ups fault and that I wanted my package (that costed $1.50, shipping was around $5) they said that was impossible. I am still gonna try and get my shipping money back, wish me luck with them $#*!ups.
Johan

3/6/14

I've been buying from iherb for years and have always had great service until about 4 months ago. Apparently they have built a second warehouse and are having a lot of problems. Historically, if I ordered early in the day, the order would get shipped that same evening. My most recent order was ordered early on Tues., and I paid for the two day shipping. On Thurs morning I got an email saying that order had shipped. This actually means that the order has been loaded into a UPS tractor trailer van and will be picked up that evening.

So I called, was told they did not guarantee that orders would be shipped out in any specific time frame. I asked that they change the order to overnight, and was told that they could not do that. So I asked when I would receive the order. Mon. Was the answer, which meant that the order would be sitting in an unconditioned UPS warehouse or truck over the weekend. So I cancelled the order (had to talk to a supervisor to do this).

Iherb: You really need to get act back together. I've been recommending iherb to friends for years, but can't do that any longer given recent very poor customer service.

3/4/14

So I found iherb and they had a bunch of stuff I wanted to try for pretty good prices, even one bottle of supplements that I was looking for was discounted to $0. I read a lot of reviews and saw very mixed things. A lot of people were saying negative things about shipping, customer service, etc. and I was hesitant to place my order. There was of course a mix of positive reviews, and nothing about overcharging/credit card fraud which is what I was most worried about. In the end I decided, for about $22 for 5 different supplements I had to give them a try. When you place your order as well a free option through Google Trusted Stores pops up and tells you if something goes wrong with your order that iherb isn't fixing to contact them. That seemed reassuring.
I placed my order on Thursday and it told me "Expect 1-3 days for shipment". By the time I checked my email on Friday I had already received confirmation that my packages (shipment was split into 2 but the price was the same) had been shipped and I was given tracking numbers. One package arrived to my apartment complex on Monday and the other arrived Tuesday(today). I got everything I payed for plus a magnet in 1 package and a plastic shower cap in the other. Both of course have to iherb written all over them but it was a fun surprise.
I live in the US, in Michigan, so I don't know if a lot of the issues other people had with extra charges, or slow shipping are because they are out of country orders since people don't specify well. All I know is I'm really happy with how it all went, I wasn't expecting my stuff to arrive until at least Thursday since all these posts assured me that the site is slow.

TL;DR CHEAP PRICES, FAST SHIPMENT, NO EXTRA FEES, 10/10 WILL SHOP AT AGAIN.

2/11/14

Absolutely the worst company I've ever dealt with. They respond to emails every 3 days, horrible customer service. They shipped me an item and charged me double for duties and extra taxes and shipping charges which is absurd. This is their response: Please Note: If your order is returned to us due to a banned/restricted products policy, a wrong address, refusal to pay customs fees, refusal to accept the order or because no one was there to accept delivery of your order, we will refund your credit card as follows: You will be refunded the total amount of the order, minus the shipping charge, and 20% of the value of the order, (as a re-stocking fee). We will also subtract any other outside charges i Herb has incurred during shipping, such as warehousing fees, return postage fees, etc.

If the cost to return the product to us is larger than the cost of the refund due, we will instruct the carrier to abandon the order and there will be no credit for the order. If the product(s) is seized by customs, there will be no credit processed for the product(s).

what a fkn joke these losers are

2/6/14

I've been buying supplements and health care products from them for many years. At the beginning they were great, lowest prices and fastest shipping by far but in the last 18 months things have degraded big time. Slow slow shipping, my stuff now takes almost 2 weeks and they are no longer the lowest prices on many things. I have now discovered Vitacost which is super fast and has great cust. service. I no longer will use iherb except to read the reviews on some products as some of them seem legit and can be helpful.

2/6/14

We were wary since we read reviews about delivery problems overseas. We arr in Hong Kong and have ordered twice. Bith rimes the order was shipped out within hours and we recieved the packages in 2 days. Inexpepnsive shipping by DHL, perfect service. I highly recommend this company.

2/4/14

This site used to ship on time but for several months have been very late on orders even those requested as next day expedited.
This used to be a customer reliable site with good prices.
Now with their "expansion" is a greedy $#*! hole.

1/30/14

iherb MISLABELS PACKAGES thus you are incorrectly charged duties ad taxes. Buyers beware - regardless of what you buy, they will put supplements - therefore TAXABLE DUTIES AND BROKERAGE FEES WILL BE LEVIED.

In my case, $20 for a $30 order.
WTF?!!

1/26/14

In many years of shopping online, this is the very first review I've ever left about a company. I usually just wouldn't waste my time. However, my experience was so horrific, I really just believe others need to know about it.

1) I ordered a $100+ shipment with 1-3 expedited shipping from iHerb. When I didn't receive it in about 5 days, I checked the shipping tracker and it said that the shipment had been returned to iHerb. So I emailed iHerb to find out what was going on. I didn't hear a response in 2 days, so I tried their Chat feature on their website. Here is what I was told:

- They get too many emails to respond to them in a timely fashion
- It's not their responsibility to notify me of shipment issues
- They will reship the order (I received no credits, apologies or compensation)

I changed the shipping address on the order because the delay in shipment meant that I'd no longer be at the old address.

2) The next day, when I saw that the shipping confirmation was still showing the old address, I dialed back into Chat.

I was told that the shipping address was corrected, but that one of my products was on backorder. (Why didn't the first rep I spoke with tell me about this?) So I chose to proceed with the order without that item.

When I shared my disappointing experience so far on my first order with iHerb to the rep, his response was that he "is not focused on my emotional well-being." Hmm...I wondered to myself, "Is he focused on my repeat business? Because they sure aren't putting in any effort to secure that."

3) I received the order in 3 days this time and it was missing a 2nd item...one that they didn't tell me wasn't available when I spoke to either of the 2 reps.

4) So I checked my bank statement to see if I had been credited for it. Not only did they not credit me for the additional missing item, but when I looked to see if I was credited for the first, original item I was told was on backorder, they only credited me a portion of the original price I was charged! I was charged $4.80 and they only credited me $4.56.

Yes, I realize that the difference is a measly $.24, but what upset me was the principle, not the amount. I waited for a total of 13 days to receive an order I was supposed to get in 3 days, the customer service was quite indifferent to my experience (and one was even a bit rude), my order was missing 2 items and I wasn't even fully credited for them.

I submitted another Chat message offline and I'm hoping to get a response.

Seriously, how does a company like this stay in business?

1/21/14

Very poor customer service, tried to apply the first time customer discount, because of a website bug with my previous order cancelled it would not take the discount. immediately sent them a mail telling them the code and to apply the discount. They never responded. Contacted them online and they refused to apply the discount even with documented proof that i tried to apply the discount and contact them then brushed me off.

Will not order from them again and recommend staying clear of them,

1/16/14

After 12 WEEKS ordered not yet arrived.
Customer Service asks me to "BE PATIENT" and says this delay is on the the customs (and dare tell me I should call customs before future orders..")

Point is customs always contact clients in order to clear package or inform them it is kept. They NEVER CONTACTED me and I called them to confirm that.

Then after 12 weeks, the package hasn't even reached Europe which makes me think it NEVER LEFT the US.

Of course NO REFUND.

I would add that customer service is IMPOLITE and DOESN'T READ fully emails.

AVOID AT ALL COST FOR INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY !!!

1/15/14

IHerb charged me shipping fees, duty fees, and on the top DHL brokerage fees. When I tried to contact them via the phone number provided on their website and my call was forwarded to their voice mail that is set up in Chinese!!!!!! Be ware of fake product!!!! I refused to receive that parcel and I asked DHL broker to send it back. The refund I have got was 40% less than the amount I paid to them!!!! NEVER BUY FROM IHERB!!!! FAKE PRODUCT, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, SCAM AND FRAUD.

1/12/14

Terrible customer service - just ignore you when there is a post-sale problem - they have your money so what do they care? A $50 order went missing - on tracking website saw it was sent to another country completely - iHerb don't even respond to my queries - very disrespectful of customers - after years of buying from them won't be doing it again. Rude and unethical so how can you trust them with your health?

1/12/14

I herb used to be a great company, however they are not any longer. Their prices continue to climb and their delivery just gets worse and worse. They have made clear through their customer service that they are fine with this decline. There are better sites, Vitacost is one that I would recommend.

1/8/14

I placed an order with iherb, and chose expedited 1-3 shipping. I never received any email either confirming the order, or notifying me of shipping.
After 4 days I went back to the site to check the shipping status, ( I should also mention that this order was being shipped within the same state), and I noticed that they had changed the shipping to 5 day shipping. So, I did a live chat to see what happened. The customer service person I was speaking to said that, "yes, they changed the shipping to 5 day". I said that that is not what I had agreed to when I placed the order, and that they can not change the terms after a customer checks out. The following is the response I got, (cut and pasted directly from the chat) ..." we can do whatever we please with that. I am not going to argue nor waste time to try and justify it. You are ordering from us and we have decided to change the information from 1 - 5 days instead of 1 - 3 days." And then he ended the chat.
That is not how any company should treat it's customers, and frankly there are lots of other online drugstores that I would much prefer to do business with.

12/28/13

iHerb is a rip off artist - a recent first order for Mrs Meyers bar soap - unknown to me the size had been reduced from 8oz to 5.3oz - SRP (suggested retail price) of the 5.3oz bar verified by Mrs Meyers correspondence is $3.99. IT'S NOW 5.3 oz rather than the previous 8oz size but iHerb charges the same $4.99 price - $1.00 more per bar than SRP. You can go down to Target and get the same 5.3oz bar for the actual SRP of $3.99. Total rip off artists. FYI- the soap is great, but I will never shop iHerb again.

12/12/13

The worst customer service experience I have ever had EVER! I ordered 6 items from iHerb.com and only 3 of them arrived. When I asked about it (thinking maybe the package had been separated into two) they claimed "We do not re-ship orders internationally" (I am in Australia)
1) No where on there website does it state this as a policy for international orders
2) Technically it's not re-shipping if the item has been forgotten in the first place.
They then stated that they would be refunding me in 'store credits'. I advised that this was ABSOLUTELY not okay and could they please either send me my items or refund my credit card.
They then sent me a confirmation email for the amount i was owed advising it would be refunded. Was that the end!??! OF COURSE NOT! A few hours later they sent ANOTHER confirmation email advising that a different (lesser) amount would be refunded.

This amount WAS actually refunded (to my surprise) but they still owe me the remainder which I have now enquired about FIVE times, the first being almost two weeks ago now. So far they have been ignoring me. Really immature and pathetic. Strongly recommend staying away!

12/10/13

Great products. Good Prices. Slow shippers. My last order took 12 days to arrive. The web site claimed 1-3 day expedited shipping via UPS. Due to the slow shipping two of the items froze and had to be discarded. This order may be my last.

12/4/13

Awful customer service. They make you prove their mistake by taking a picture of it and then they offer to refund the product in approximately 4 weeks or more if you ship it back to them.
I ordered 2 products and they got one of them wrong! I suggest going somewhere else, it is a gamble if you want to take a chance on getting what you ordered and another gamble as to whether they will rectify the problem for you in the end. Here's my advice, don't bother shopping here. They are incompetent.

11/23/13

Like many people have said their customer service is horrible and if you receive defective product like I did they won't take care of it. worst company that I have ever dealt with ever. other companies will at least work things out but not Iherb, I really don't know why they have any customers/business at all.

11/15/13

It's a scam. There is no explanation or proof as to why your order never arrives and you are still being charged.

Read from their website: Please Note: If your order is returned to us due to a banned/restricted products policy, a wrong address, refusal to pay customs fees, refusal to accept the order or because no one was there to accept delivery of your order, we will refund your credit card as follows: You will be refunded the total amount of the order, minus the shipping charge, and 20% of the value of the order, (as a re-stocking fee). We will also subtract any other outside charges iHerb.com has incurred during shipping, such as warehousing fees, return postage fees, etc.

There is NO proof that the product was ever shipped. They are making money based on this claim. Charging you for the order and then credit return you -20% and shipping.

11/12/13

Horrible horrible customer service. Ordered for the first time and my package never arrived. They blamed customs in my country, however in the 10+ years I have been ordering products online this has never happened. Had customs had a problem - they would have contacted me.they refused to reimburse me, this is a SCAM!!!

11/11/13

Rubbish customer service. They suspended my account because my friend forgot to remove my address as her delivery address before introducing me to the site. They did not ship my goods and did not even inform me. It has been a month, there have been multiple emails with customer service, which then referred me to the manager Robert who does not respond to emails. Go figure.

10/22/13

I've yet to order anything from iherb because I've read far too many horror stories and I've noticed a very annoying and unethical practice that this company indulges in - they spam review sites with coupon codes and fabulous reviews about the company. Go to any community that is devoted to reviewing makeup, vitamins and the like and you'll likely encounter a "review" written in terrible English that always ends with the reviewer suggesting to get the item from iherb and offering a "very cool" coupon code.

This company has basically overrun a very reputable site that I am a member of with these fake reviews. Ask yourself - do you want to deal with a company that hires people to write fake reviews about their company (yes, there are companies - generally dubious ones - that hire people to post on forums and message board talking a company or product up)? If the company was on the up and up, they would not have to do this. Take the glowing, five star ratings here and anywhere else you see them with a very large grain of salt. If you can, check the person who left the review out to see if they reviewed other items or if they can string a coherent sentence together. If the person has less than five reviews and the reviews are short and terribly written, chances are high they're a shill working for the company.

This fake review thing has become an epidemic. I've fallen for it myself a time or two because so many business sites are overrun with these scammers. Take the time to look before you spend your money online!

10/2/13

I live in New Zealand and took at face value the iherb website's claims to provide fast and reliable service. I used their recommended shipping method, DHL Global Priority Mail. My first order, in July, arrived promptly and safely. I repeated the order at the end of August and that second order has not arrived. I had to send four emails to iherb before they replied to me.They suggested the delay was due to "International Shipping; Local Customs Regulations or your Local Delivery Provider."

As a retired journalist I have the time and some idea how to research this. The NZ Customs hold comprehensive records of packages sent to New Zealand residents which are currently being held for inspection or have been returned to sender or destroyed. My contact there told me that under my name and address, there is no record of a package from iherb.com falling into this category. The local delivery provider (New Zealand Post/DHL Courier Post) also have no record of receiving the package and referred me to DHL Global Mail headquarters in Frankfurt.

DHL Global reported: "We find only the DHL World track system following package status and can tell you that the packet was not sent from the USA since 30.08.2013."

I passed on this info to Customer Service at iherb and they have repeated their previous response, adding: "We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and we appreciate your patience."

Well, frankly I need the product and my patience has run out. I'd advise international consumers to be very wary of this company. They appear to have little idea about how to conduct an online or mail order business. They say there is no way to trace a package once it has left the US, but in this day and age that is not true. My first package arrived with no less than four bar codes attached at various stages of its journey. All these will have left a footprint, even if it is not readily accessible to the general consumer. In this case, I have DHL's report that the package never left the US.

9/26/13

Specifically when you browse from canada the url swaps over to ca.iherb.com giving you the false impressions! Do NOT order from them if you are outside of the USA or DHL will be calling you telling you that you need a broker and then have to send you a "power of attorney" form which you must fill out with your credit card number to deal with customs!!! Other companies already set up this brokerage service within the shipping /duty fees, whats the point this is such a hassle they should not offer to send to canada this is essentially we will send to your customs and then let them deal with it AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS

9/25/13

DO NOT USE iHerb.com for outside US!!

Purchased some supplements which total to $25. iHerb.com charges an additional $8 shipping and uses DHL with NO tracking, which I guess is ok since we were made aware of this before we placed the order anyways. HOWEVER, when the package arrived Vancouver, Canada, DHL charges $10 processing fee on top of the $6 duty and $8 shipping! That is $24 (or almost 100% of our products)!!!!!!!! A $25 order is now a $50 order!!!

iHerb failed to inform their customers how steep of a processing fee their customers will have to pay by using DHL. Instead, iHerb only talks about how low their shipping fee is. That is just misleading and unacceptable.

9/23/13

Five stars because everything was fine. The order was delivery in time, and I received it. I had no problems.

9/18/13

My first order arrived in 6 days ...great; I placed three more orders, none of which arrived, even though I kept with the required weight, contents and value they recommended. I herb refused to reimburse me for two of the three orders....Worth 120 dollars

9/12/13

Worst service I have ever received anywhere. They have a customer support number that does not get answered, they do not respond to emails. They sent my order, apparently, to the wrong address and a week and half later it is still not here and they don't seem to care about responding to my emails. 1 to 3 day expedited shipping is a joke. Will be contesting the charge on my charge card and will not be doing business with them ever again.

9/12/13

I bought some herbal medicine which cost me ~$20, and I got them shipped to Canada! I ended up paying ~$18 for duty and taxes. Big Surprise!!!!!

8/12/13

After reading about its effectiveness in warding off unwanted rodents and critters, I purchased one 16oz bottle of peppermint oil from this company online to be shipped to Canada (total cost was under C$50.00). One the very first screen under the "shipping" for international customers, it clearly stated with regard to shipping time and cost: "....average delivery time of 10 days (including weekends). Also, chances are high that you will not pay any additional Customs import taxes." At checkout I selected that "recommended" DHL shipping preference by iHerb.com. When the package come, the DHL guy said I owed an additional $19.45 for 'customs and taxes'. When I called DHL about this, they stated it was a combination of 13% Canadian sales tax PLUS DHL charges an additional $10 for "custom's handling fee"! This was all in addition to the shipping charge of $10.10 I paid upon checkout!! So, my total shipping fees were $29.55 for a $48.00 bottle of oil!

It is inexcusable that the iHerb.com website doesn't detail this fact when consumers are choosing the 'preferred shipping' method of DHL. When I called iHerb.com they brushed me off referencing the small print stating there 'may be other charges'. Then I contacted their customer service via email and got the same response. I expected custom import charges and taxes (around $9 at the most), but not the $10 DHL "handling fee" which are not disclosed when picking this as the "recommended shipping" at checkout. I think this is bad business practice with iHerb.com. I urge Canadians not to buy from this online company without being well aware of these additional shipping fees.

7/24/13

HORRIBLE SERVICE FOR CANADIANS!!!

I ordered a couple of items from them and after the promised 10 business days for Canadian orders, I still had not received it. I contacted them as the DHL tracking number was invalid (when entered on DHL's tracking system) and I was told by herb.com rep that airmail tracking numbers are never ever able to be traced. I then was told that my order could take up to 6 weeks and the 10 days was only a guideline. I was also informed that if I never receive my order, no luck on getting my money back through them. I order a lot of stuff from the US and have never had a problem with tracking numbers never able to be traced or 6 weeks for something to arrive, even if Canadian customs is backed up. I have already initiated discussions with my credit card company for my money back, should the 6 weeks not result in my order. Very, very disappointed - STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

6/15/13

I have bought mountains of stuff from iHerb over the years and have always supported them by spreading the word among friends - an excellent customer by any standard. They are cheap, fast and reliable.

But be warned that if they send you a faulty product they will keep your money and not only refuse to put things right, but will actually refuse to communicate with you! I have had jaw-droppingly bad service from them that leaves me absolutely shocked. If you can't go and knock on their door to demand they resolve the problem they will literally just ignore all communication from you and keep your money. They could not care less about customers or their legal responsibilities as a retailer, and I am incredible shocked to have discovered that. I have been stolen from by a company I have supported for years.

Unfortunately they have no PayPal option, so as a consumer you have no protection or other way to get your money back if they choose to ignore your pleadings. So you have been warned!

Fortunately Vitacost have improved their service markedly of late, so I will go back to them. What a shame though.

5/16/13

I like products of this site, they are really good! The assortment is large and prices are reasonable.
The only thing I dislike is shippment. I choose standard shipping and it always delays and sometimes it even comes broken... It is much better to choose another methods of shoppment, you will pay more but it will arrive in time.

4/27/13

Products were either stale or defective. I attempted to initiate a return and for over a month sent e mails and tried to reach their "customer service" via phone. I lost my money and I hope to prevent anyone else from going through this. I wish I had researched and read their reviews. I would have saved money, time and upset.

The Best Supplement Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber