US Government's NSF

3010 LBJ Freeway Suite 1550
Dallas, Texas 75234
Tel: 800-468-3578
customerservice@getaroom.com

People interested in Getaroom are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

chasey

I had the customer service call the resort and get me a confirmation number, which she did. (in 35 reviews)

carrier20

I read some very mixed reviews, but found a great deal for a hotel, so decided to take the risk. (in 95 reviews)

judyk12

No problem in booking the rooms, but I was surprised to find that they charged my credit card immediately! (in 29 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

bethd24
8/30/15

Very displeased with service I received. Booked a king room advertised as available. Checked in and discovered the hotel was overbooked. No king. Called getaroom but they refused to honour my reservation. As long as I had a room regardless of state they wouldn't help me. As well, I was pretty sure that I had booked with Travelocity and was quite surprise to received a notice after I booked that from now on, getaroom was in charge of my booking...very strange.

caroled6
8/25/15

Most of the reviews document others' unpleasant experiences with Get a Room. - I am in Australia. I booked on line, it took all my details and credit card details, I proceeded to process but it timed out. I went back in to re-do the booking and the price on the Motel had changed. I was a little annoyed and decided not to make the booking after all. Fast forward to several weeks later when I received my credit card statement where I was surprised to find a charge for the booking. At no time did I ever receive a booking confirmation or any emails confirming my booking. I have contacted Get A Room, who have refunded the second night of my two nights accommodation and advise that they cannot refund the first nights accommodation as I was a no-show on the booking. They seem to keep ignoring the fact that I was a no-show because I did not know I had a booking. I would have shown up if I knew I had the booking! That was my whole purpose of booking a motel. Been back and forth several times now but I am getting no where. I have lost half of my money and I guess I can take solace in the fact that I am obviously not the only one who has had problems. It seems that I am one of MANY.

chasityb1
8/25/15

Please review their cancellation policy. They are a rip off. You must cancel before 1:31 that day even if you don't book the room till after then. We will never use this site again.

andyo8
8/22/15

I JUST MADE A RESERVATION THINKING THAT I WAS GOING DIRECTLY THROUGH HOTEL.. I WAS WRONG.. IT WENT THROUGH THIS GET A ROOM .COM .. I WAS CHARGED 10.00 MORE PER NIGHT A ROOM PLUS TAXES AND FEES WERE 194.50 FOR 2 NIGHTS!!!!! THE REAL TAXES AND FEES FOR THE LOCATION I BOOKED WAS 44.50 FOR 2 NIGHTS!!!! SO THEY TOOK 150.00 FROM ME FOR NO REASON! I TRIED TO GET AN ANSWER BUT NO ONE KNOWS WHERE FEES COME FROM NOR ANYONE PROVIDES YOU WITH A PHONE NUMBER . NO DISCLOSURES WHAT SO EVER

chriss294
8/20/15

The other night my wife booked the travel lodge in Lethbridge Alberta through you guys (at the cost of 106.53 which was more than the 79.99 quoted to her) and we were unable to check in once we arrived. After a long time on the phone we were told that our purchase would be refunded. We have only been refunded 101.14. I have decided to email you this error to see what you will do to rectify this situation. Beyond the frustration of not being able to use our booking that we made through you, and having to wait around while this was sorted out when we simply wanted to check in a get some sleep, I find this difference in the refund to be insulting. Without this concern being adequately addressed I will certainly share my experience via different feedback modalities online. Please let me know as soon as possible whether or not you intend to make this situation right.

Tip for consumers: Look elsewhere.

akibm
8/20/15

I found this website off a link from trip advisor. I thought i was booking a 2 night stay for $540 Canadian. No where on the website did it say the charge was in US funds. So i ended up getting charged $740 on my credit card. Worst part is if i go directly to the site now and try to book i was still over charged $60. They would not refund my booking or even let me book at the current rate. Worst customer service experience i have ever had.

jenniferb126
8/16/15

Lost my dad's reservation, will not give him his money back. Don't use this company.

lynnb51
8/14/15

I thought I was calling the hotel directly. When I asked if it was the hotel (twice), the reservations person lied to me. Never said it was not the hotel. Apparently they do not need to tell the customer they are not the hotel, just an ambiguous "central reservations". Proceeded to overcharge me by 25%. The Worst customer service when I called to dispute. Zero satisfaction with their escalations department.

suzannea9
8/6/15

Thought I was calling Hotel directly but my Iphone connected me with this co.Worst experience ever. Booked a Hotel for 4 nites for 479.00. When got the reservation it was only 3 nites and 130.00 fees.Called these people said would investigate because all calls are recorded and after 5 days called them back ask for supervisor and said they would get back to me./ I called my credit card company to have them submit their charges for fraud. Also when talking to customer service they hung up on me 4 times.

tiffanyz2
8/4/15

Me and my boyfriend booked a trip to Charleston for the weekend. We found getaroom and seen good deals so we booked the day of. As I'm processing the transaction. A processing error happens and it directs me to call the site directly which I do. Now I don't like giving card information over the phone so I reprocess the transaction and same thing. The CSR explained it would not charge if you didn't receive a confirmation email. Next thing you know I'm checking my bank showing 2 pending transactions for $450. I was so pissed. Everyone gave me the run around oh its just pending unfortunately you have to wait for your bank to release.long story short I just book through the hotel for a CHEAPER price. The hotel explains to me that there are 2 pending rooms for Ingram. They also told me it was a process but once no one checks in that info they are notified and your funds are returned. So I wait 3-5 days to see if my bank releases the pending charges. I wake up Tuesday morning and they were charged to my account. I'm currently disputing the charges with the bank and get a room. This has been the worse experience ever!!! Please please please save yourself some trouble and don't book through them!!

kristiel2
7/31/15

I recently booked a room with get a room.com for a hotel in Sydney Australia. I live in Australia and didn't realise it was an American site. When booking it said my payment didn't go through and to try again. I tried again and that payment went through. What actually happened and happens all the time with this stupid company is that it glitches and takes double the payment. Their system had booked me two rooms and charged me $523!!!!!!!

Then I had to ring numerous times to try and get the money refunded!!!

They are horrible to deal with and so unhelpful!!!!!!!!

Avoid at all costs!!

rhondad4
7/31/15

If there was a way to give this site zero stars I would. I wish I had read the other reviews before I used this website. As with many others, when we arrived there was no reservation or room for us despite having a "confirmed reservation" that was fully paid. It was 1130 at night when we arrived. After three hours on the phone with customer service with someone in the Philippines we were sent to an office Plaza believing it was another hotel. We ended up finding a place to stay for the night on our own at 3:30 in the morning. I fully expected them to have a full solution for the issue the following morning. They absolutely had no intention of following up or fixing the problem. It took another two hours the following morning to even begin to get some sort of resolution. In a true stroke of irony, the acted like they were doing me a favor getting me a place to stay. I will never ever use this website again. The customer service was absolutely horrific.

kellyy8
7/27/15

On July 1st, I booked a room online with what I thought was the JW Marriott. I had no idea that when I clicked on get a room at a discount I would be lead to another site. I somehow ended up on getaroom.com and it has been a night mare dealing with them!

I was told I was being charged one rate but in fact, they charged me another rate which was much higher than the discounted rate they were advertising online. After continually calling getaroom.com and being placed on hold and talking to everyone under the sun, I still have not got this situation resolved.

jacks393
7/22/15

They book hotel room and charge my credit card in us dollars its a scam. they refuse to credit my card Avoid booking with Getroom.com bad company.

johns933
7/18/15

Several days ago, I booked a hotel through getaroom by way of kayak. Today, I received notice that the credit card I had used (which has not been used for anything else) had been compromised. I also found it odd that the credit card was immediately charged after booking. This website is a complete scam, I highly recommend you avoid using them at all costs.

Tip for consumers: Find somewhere else to book

sandraw49
7/15/15

After booking 2 rooms for 2 nights in Ohio at the Marriott using this site, we paid a total of $783. Upon departure from the Marriott I received my bill for the two rooms that totaled $722, a difference of $61. When I contacted GETAROOM customer service, she disclosed that I wasn't supposed to see the bill because it disclosed the rate that GETAROOM paid. Thus, as a consumer I paid $61 more for the rooms. Upon disclosure of this information, the customer rep cheerfully indicated that there was nothing more that could be done other than file the complaint internally. AS A CONSUMER, be aware that sites like this can mark-up room rates. I have learned a valuable lesson to work directly with the hotel to ensure that I receive the possible best rate. I am extremely disappointed - at the very minimum they could have split the difference or at least offer some kind of incentive despite the situation. In their minds, the customer is not their first priority. How sad.

Tip for consumers: Be aware of room mark-ups as they purchase in bulk and sell you a room at a rate that may be above the direct hotel room rate. Surprisingly, it is evident that they do not get deep room discounts as one might think.

seanm78
7/13/15

Spent 30 mins on phone, making reservations with Hilton Garden Inns, Ogden UT via GetaRoom.com, in order to secure 2 adjoining rooms.
Reason is, my mom, who was travelling with us has Alzheimer's. I was concerned about her waking confused in the night and getting lost in the hallway. Adjoining rooms with the door open would have allowed a light sleeper like me to awake and be able to assist.

The reservation experience was great! The person at GetARoom.com was actively putting me on hold as she spoke with the hotel staff making sure notes were applied, etc. to ensure I got the rooms I felt I needed.
I used GetAROom and chose the Hotel I chose, even though it was considerably farther from family we were visiting, because of the sense of confidence I had that my mom would be would be safer.

Needless to say - when we arrived the hotel had given away the adjoining room...NO NOTES...NO NOTHING...and above all - "nothing we can do"!

Of course, when I called customer service, I got "escalated" and all sorts of special handling with a commitment to "call me back with a solution" within 10 minutes.

An hour later, I call them back, going through the whole phone process again, only this time the rep knows nothing about the escalation!!!

There was no escalation process!
There was no attempt to deal with my botched reservation!
This place is a scam!

Needless to say, GetARoom.com refused to take any responsibility. And, get this, they supposedly "lost the recording" of the original call!

caridadk
7/12/15

booked 2 nights for my daughters birthday in sanibel island. get to RESORT and find out that Getaroom.com overbooked. We got moved to some nasty Motel that wasnt even on the ocean or even had any of the amenities that the resort had. room had roaches. then when i go to cancel, this guy James gave me the hardest time about refunding me after being on hold for 3 hours. my daughters birthday was ruined. DO NOT USE GETAROOM.COM!!!!!

alexd65
7/8/15

I thought I was booking through the hotel directly, but my confirmation showed I had somehow used get a room. I called and confirmed my room in Kansas City, and everything seems to be in order. The correct room is booked, and it shows paid in full. Only the amount I booked for came off my card.

tonyp38
6/29/15

We went to Kayak and booked a room here. It gave us 2 options. King bed smoking or twin bed standard. We chose twin bed standard. We recIeved typical confirmation. We arrive at hotel to check in and they try to put us in the king smoking. I explained I have allergies and needed the room I booked. I showed them my confirmation where it stated twin standard. They said sorry only room we have is king smoking. We are stuck in Asheville NC at 8:00 at night with no place to stay. After riding around for hours we finally found a place. We called the kayak number on our confirmation and they switched us to GETAROOM.COM and I have never been treated so RUDELY! He absolutely did not care about our situation at all. Furthermore he refused to cancel or refund our money on the grounds that they did offer us a room. take note. If you have a problem with a booking they WILL NOT help you.!

karens113
6/28/15

I couldn't switch days, or they were going to penalize me a nites stay for it....I found the room at $ 95.00 through Hotwire.com and another company, both which were extremely cheaper! I paid $140 a night thru getaroom.com......NEVER AGAIN...........very rude on the phone and no help whatsoever!

susannar
6/26/15

I booked a room online through getaroom.com It gave me a confirmation number and charged my card, but never actually booked the room. I was backpacking in a foreign country and was looking forward to a night with a real bed and shower after sleeping on buses, to find I and my traveling companions had no place to go. When I emailed getaroom, they had no record and said they could help me. They said I had to call them with my credit card information to get a refund because they had no record. I could not call until I was back in the states and received the run around via email and phone. Today I finally spoke with a supervisor and she said she would put the refund in the works and call me back later today when the process had begun, but offered no compensation for awful situation the company put me in nor the time that I wasted trying to find a place to stay, and getting a refund.

carlost15
6/24/15

I booked a room in Gromada hotel in Warsaw from Getaroom for an unbelievably low price and was worried that it was too good to be true. Somehow surprisingly it was not! The hotel was great and the price was real. It was a 5 star experience (minus the "too good to be true worry").

davidf119
6/24/15

They have the worst customer service. I travel for work, and the opportunity existed to use them quite a bit. I had to make a small change (not cancel, but change) and they were dreadful. I will NEVER use them again. They even have a customer service number, where after hitting all the responses to get to a person, the recording says "please go to our website" and hangs up on you. Are you kidding me?!?

THEN, when I go to the website and type in the confirmation number from the email they sent me, the error message stated "confirmation number not found". You really can't make this stuff up. This one tops the list as the worst so far (I say "so far" because I am sure there is another more inept site coming down the pike)

I am done using third-party, third-rate sites like this. They are everywhere and far better to just use the hotel website and pay the difference. The piece of mind is worth the price.

hannahw17
6/9/15

May 2015: We had booked a room at Hibiscus Hotel in Ocho Rios, JA through Getaroom.com. We had paid extra for an ocean front room. We arrived they told us they didn't have any ocean fronts available, only normal rooms. I said that was fine, but that I'd like the difference paid back to me. They refused to pay the difference back to me and they were very rude and short. We ended up leaving and staying down the road at Rooms (awesome hotel, highly recommended!). It is now 4 weeks later and between Hibiscus Hotel and Getaroom.com they have STILL refused to refund me the $155 I paid for the hotel room. HORRIBLE SERVICE DO NOT STAY. Very upset and dissatisfied.

In summary - DO NOT BOOK WITH getaroom.com. They have been zero help and they do not advocate for their consumers.

ladonnah1
6/9/15

We were visiting family in San Antonio and decided to drive a couple hours down to Corpus Christi to stay a night on the beach. Called Getaroom.com to set up room. I requested a beach front room. Even asked to confirm before we got on the phone to make sure the reservation was beach front before we booked and ended call. If I am driving 3 hours to stay on beach I want to hear the waves and be ocean front. Booking through Getaroom vs. Holiday Inn was quoted to save me $70. $250 through Holiday Inn and $179 through getaroom. Well, imagine my surprise when $256.90 was charged to my credit card. The $70 I was supposed to have saved was charged as fees and taxes. But it just keeps getting better. We arrive and our room is a ocean side view. No balcony and absolutely not ocean front. I speak with the front desk and they tell me that they run into this problem alot with getaroom. Getaroom telling customers that it is ocean front when it really isn't. Then Holiday Inn tells me they don't even book the ocean front rooms through 3rd party because they only have 16 ocean front units. So, I call Getaroom to discuss the miscommunication. They tell me they will investigate and and get back with me in 24-48 hours. A week later I still have heard nothing so I call back. I speak to a lady in the escalations dept. and she tells me that they listening to my recorded conversation and that I agreed to side beach room and I denied the ocean front because I didn't want to pay the extra for it. I told her that was not the case and that I wanted to speak to a manager and have them listen to the conversation again because that was not the truth. I was told they wouldn't listen to it again. I asked to speak to a manager and I was told they would leave a message for them to contact me. Another week later and nobody has returned me message. I call again and am told that they will call me back in 24-96 hours. GUESS WHAT?????? A week later and still no call. I've just got off the phone again with them. It's like pulling my hair out. I've caught them in so many lies it's not even funny. How did I turn down the ocean front when they evidently can't even rent me one. They decide whatever they want to say and you really can't get anything accomplished with them. They were uneducated about what they could even offer and extremely unprofessional about returning calls and addressing complaints. I was offered a $30 credit was the next I book through them. I told them there was no way in Hell I'd ever book through them again.

krism34
6/8/15

I am really appalled at all the bad reviews on Getaroom.com. I listen to the KGO radio travel show every Sunday and hear what Bob Diener has to offer. He also mentions "great Deals" but apparently these deals don't happen. Shame on this company for causing a lot of grief to customers. I tried several times to book hotels with Get A Room in the areas I wanted to stay and was always told "no, we don't have any hotels in those areas/cities." I never had any luck using Get A Room. Bob Diener just talked about great deals this past Sunday, Like a hotel in Paris for $100 a night; one in Washington DC in Georgetown, and one in New York at the Chambers Hotel on the Westside. I wonder how many people who actually listened to the radio show have tried to get a "great deal" at one of these hotels. I don't like all the bad reviews I have read. Bob Diener, please give more respect to your prospective customers (your old customers will probably not use your site again).

jiannad
6/8/15

ABSOLUTELY dissatisfied! I wanted to upgrade....YES....UPGRADE and was told because of policy they could only cancel my reservation (losing my payment) and make a new reservation! So they refuse to apply your payment to a better room, total ripoff! I've used other booking sites and never had issues and always had a wonderful experience! Lesson learned....DO NOT make the same mistake! Go to Expedia or Hotwire, they'll never let you down!

marthaj15
6/5/15

Called directly to book with Hampton Inn & Suites in Nashville, Tennessee. We have stayed there each time in Nashville and is one of the best hotels in the area. An employee sent our call to GETA ROOM reservation service. Was told our suites were booked the two would be close together and Hilton rewards would be on the reservation. I was not given a conformation number because they would be sending all information by email.

When arriving at the hotel, we did have to suites, one on 4th floor one on first. There was no record of our Hilton Honors award, and the hotel was unable to print a receipt for our stay because RENT A ROOM keeps everything, including credit card information.

In talking to customer service at RENT A Room, was informed they take these calls because the hotels are too busy to handle customers calling direct and we are stuck with using them. I had the young lady place all the problems with the hotel and not the staff who booked.

If I didn't know different I might fall for this rip off.

robys1
5/27/15

I made reservations for a night in New Orleans. After reserving, I discovered I could have gotten a King for same money. I immediately started backtracking, hoping to find a page where I could swap rooms. I eventually hit a page that said "if you go any further, you will have cancelled and you will receive no refund". I stopped, did not click, decided a queen would be just fine! The next morning I get an email confirming reservation and another email cancelling. The activity times on email were less 5 minutes apart. I called customer service. I maintain I never hit the button on dialogue box to cancel, they said I did. I told them I wanted the room, they said too late. They essentially stole $321.

chasey
5/23/15

I booked a room through this website and after I did I read all the horrible reviews. My trip was schedule for Mexico so I was real nervous about this. I contacted getaroom.com and expressed my concerns with them. I then told them I wanted a confirmation number through the resort I was actually staying at and not just getaroom.com conformation number. I had the customer service call the resort and get me a confirmation number, which she did. A couple days later I called the resort and gave them my confirmation number. The number was legit. I also verified the confirmation a couple days before I left....still legit. I arrived in mexico and had no problems at all. In fact, the resort upgraded me (at no cost) to the penthouse suite on the ocean. By far the BEST deal I have ever had and I travel multiple times a year.

ellat7
5/19/15

I just booked a room via Kayak with this company. Get a Room charged my account immediately for the room but said they had no record or confirmation for the room I booked. I called my bank immediately and the bank confirmed that the funds were sent to Get A Room...but Get a Room claimed they did not have a reservation for me. I had to file a dispute with my bank to get the charge removed. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!

markg108
5/17/15

2 charges on my credit card a month ago. 2 non-existing reservations, both claimed to be "hotel's fault". Hotel says GetARoom reserved rooms....with last month's date. On hold 10 mins to get a human. 3-4 minutes to verify my name/address and explain the problem. Put on hold for another 15 mins with no updates by "Denisha". Front desk eventually received a fax, and then a phone call from Denisha 5 minutes later, all while I'm on hold with no updates from her. I'm just glad she actually did something instead of hanging up with my money.

Never again.

motherh
5/4/15

Like headaches? Book with Getaroom. Wanted to change my reservation by one day, not asking for a refund and they wanted to charge me $122!!! Um, no, I never agreed to that. I asked to speak to a manager. Ok, after 10 minutes on hold, they say they'll waive the fee. Oh, how nice of you. Can you change my reservation then? Sure. So, they change it and give me the same confirmation number from my original booking. What? Shouldn't it be a different number now? Can you email that me? Sure, I'll send it now, but it might take 3 hours to get there. I needed peace of mind so I had to call the hotel directly to make sure the changes actually happened. They sent me the email confirmation, with new numbers, by the way. That was 1 hour of my day. Gone. I'll never get that back.

judyk12
5/1/15

I thought I was making reservations through TravelAdvisor when it took me to Getaroom's website to make the reservation. No problem in booking the rooms, but I was surprised to find that they charged my credit card immediately! You need to read the fine print. The reservation was made one month prior to our stay, so maybe that's what makes the difference. There was no problem--we called our hotel directly the night before we were to arrive and they gave us confirmation #'s that our two rooms were booked already. I was initially quite upset when I read the reviews, thinking we had lost our money. I am happy I called the hotel which negated the upsetting reviews I had just read. Thank you Getaroom for not letting me down and for making my hotel reservations!

suzanneh12
4/30/15

I booked a hotel April 2015 with Get a Room through TripAdvisor to Mexico and immediately upon arriving to the hotel my friend, I, and anyone on or near the property was bombarded by the neighboring property's beach club party dj/electronic music. I tried numerous times calling before we even checked in, wanting somewhere, anywhere different, but there was no answer. The hotel could not reach them, nor could I for 2 days. The fact that the hotel hands out earplugs when checking in was a clue. I finally resigned myself to try and make the best of a bad situation and just stayed busy/away most of the time. Checked out early after finding another hotel and just paid extra on top of what I paid in advance to Get a Room, just to get the heck out of there. I've been calling them for 3 weeks to give them an opportunity to make good on matters, and they have done NOTHING. No one has ever returned a call, no one has ever got anywhere and I have to start from scratch with every call. No offer to refund us for the nights we NEVER USED, no discount on a future stay somewhere else, just a complete lack of any professionalism. DO NOT USE GET A ROOM!! If anything goes wrong, you are out of luck. In the future, I will always use a more reputible service, Expedia, or directly with the hotel. They have a complete lack of interest in making things right. Completely unprofessional service.

ewat
4/10/15

We booked by getaroom Gloria Yassad Apartaments in Dubai. When we arrive (2 at night) we had no reservation int the hotel - my credit card was charged. We had to pay for the first night and the reservation was confirmed in the afternoon the next day. We didn't get the first breakfast as we booked on getaroom. So I do not recomend getaroom.

patriciag34
4/9/15

I made a reservation with the Marriott Spring Hill in Kissimmee.Fl. When we arrived the hotel was closed for renovations.Imagine 11 people including children with no place to stay. After spending 5 hours on the phone with get a room and driving around for five hours we went to the Hampton Inn next door to see if they had a room the manager told us that he thought the hotel in the back of the Marriott was making good on the reservation so we went there and yes they were. Don't you think 5 hours on the phone and the employee of get a room should have realized that.so we checked in and get a room refunded our money. in the mean time when it came time for get a room to pay the calypso cay where we stayed their card was rejected for payment. calypso cay charged us over $300 for a cancellation fee and get a room refuses to pay them. When they pay we can get our money back. well the bottom line is they refuse to pay calypso cay. So we are still out over $300 dollars..This was truly a very stressful vacation .Please never use get a room.They have no idea what they are doing Making reservations at a hotel that is not even open.

brewb
4/8/15

I booked it but I did not get a room. Did not get money back.

stevew117
4/4/15

Getaroom website showed types of rooms and prices. When we got to our hotel we were given a different room than requested. When we called getaroom we were told that room types were not guaranteed. There even could have been a possibility of getting a smoking room and are non-smokers

ps78
3/31/15

Booked a room for $74 dollars and ended up with a total bill for $112.14
Wasn't told that the "service" fees would be half the cost of the room..
Avoid...deceptive practices..I was also billed by getaroom.com and
the hotel...Avoid. I see a nightmare for everyone here.

sanans
3/23/15

Desonest, indifferent to customers, and are a scam at worst. That is what I think of a company that hide cancelation and modification policy terms. They share cancelation policy in the email and website, but only on their website and 30 terms below of cancelation they have "more terms" to cancelation and changes .... What?!?!? I've called on time to make some changes to my room dates. I tried to cancel my last night of my 3 night stay well within the cancellation window for the hotel.I didn't buy a packet, I bought a nighty rate and should not have been a problem, it was never a problem with other sites ... I was told that in order to do that, we would have to cancel the reservation entirely and re-book... with a totally new price. When I also mentioned that it was an absurd policy, they offered nothing except to say, repeatedly, that it is "impossible" to change a reservation.

kristynt
2/20/15

I see that many others have had a bad experience using get a room. I however, had a different experience. I had planned a weekend trip to DC that I was forced to cancel because of the severe winter weather of 2015. The lady on the phone couldn't have been nicer. She was extremely helpful in canceling my trip. I also got a 100% refund back into my account the very next day. I will use them to book a room again.

briane24
2/19/15

Apparently, it is impossible to change your reservation without getting charged, no matter what their policy says. We tried to cancel the second night of our two night stay well within the cancellation window for the hotel. We were told that in order to do that, we would have to cancel the reservation entirely (thus incurring a charge for the first night), and re-book...making one night cost the same as two no matter what. When I mentioned that it was an absurd policy, they offered nothing except to say, repeatedly, that it is "impossible" to change a reservation. At best, they are indifferent to customers, and are a scam at worst. Go to a more reputable site to make your third-party travel reservations...these guys are not worth it.

dona568
2/18/15

I booked a room and within 4 hours tried to cancel, and their refund policy was that I had to cancel the day BEFORE I even booked the reservation ???(Not sure how that is even possible) so they charged me for half the reservation amount. It would have been a great deal. But I will never use this site again.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!

kima42
2/7/15

NO STARS !!!!!

BE AWARE - AVOID - WATCH OUT -RIP OFF - MIS LEADING - NEGATIVE - UNDERHAND - WARNING

Totally agree with majority of others - I have just had a similar experience & have written their customer services the following - why as others have said are Trip Advisor still allowing them to use their site is beyond me! I shall be sure to contact our hotel booked to make sure the reservation is still in place - GetARoom needs to be run out of town - total scammy rip off merchants!!

THE CHARGES ARE NOT TRANSPARENT!

I searched on Trip Advisor UK for 3 rooms at Jurys Inn. BIrmingham UK - went to Get a Room co.uk - another UK site - I was quoted on the site the price for the room in UK£s which was the same price quoted on UK Trip Advisor site.

The page then went straight to entering the payment details - at no point does the page or site indicate there will be a US&$ conversion rip off exchange rate.

Calling the helpline to try to resolve the issue & cancel the booking is not at all helpful when I had to speak to a nasal, condescending call operator who suggests I didn't read the small print - 'James' you donut! There was no small print to read - booking a hotel room is straight forwards (thankfully the calls are recorded or so you say for James to receive additional training in that department.

GetARoom - you are a rip off - your charges and conversion are not transparent & if you are having to resort to underhand techniques like this no doubt you with any luck you will soon go under - fingers crossed on that one!

Tip for consumers: AVOID - SCAM - DONUTS & COWBOYS!! RIP Off

adriannas1
2/5/15

This is the worst site I have ever used to book anything. When I had gone through the checkout it had said that the final amount was in canadian dollars but when I looked at my Visa bill the company had charged me the rate in USD. I had called the company spoke to 2 different people and a supervisor, all confirming they in fact were an American company and they could not do anything for me. I was livid. Why would a site claiming to charge me in Canadian dollars charge me in USD. The site we looked at had 2 price amounts one in US the other Canadian, obviously why would I pay for a canadian hotel with my canadian dollars in USD when I knew there would be an exchange rate?! By far the worst customer service and the morons on the other end just did not understand where the problem lied. They kept trying to find an excuse to keep their asses off the line. NEVER book with this site.

Tip for consumers: NEVER book with this site.

boham
1/6/15

Worse website, they charge me $15 extra as resort free.
BE CARFUL

yuy7
12/29/14

worst hotel experience because of this site

Tip for consumers: this site told you one thing, and when I get to the hotel, they messed up everything, from room to breakfast.....I have to pay $109 extra per night. I contacted customer service everyday (from abroad) and got no response. they told me it would take them 24-96 hours to do research. and by the end of 96 hours, still no results.....The hotel seems to dispise this site too for some curious reason I don't know of. Horrible site, will never use again

sethf18
11/22/14

Rip off! Charged us twice for our room! Overcharged us and will not refund! You have been warned!

Tip for consumers: Try a different site..

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Getaroom staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Thankfully I read this website before deciding to book anything. After all the above scams, how come your trading standards people let them continue to practise ?
4/28/13
Answer
angelb34
A: hi friends, unfurtunatelly my husband had bought yesterday a room to stay in Dubai, i tried to get to our reservation page we can not find any reservation. so i sent a email asking why such and the reply is that-
~Elia Compton, Apr 15, 8:02 AM:
Dear xxxxxx
Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com Customer Care.
The reservation was just booked yesterday for arrival Wednesday, Jun. 10, 2015
Depending on your arrival date, in some cases, your name may not appear at the hotel until 72 hours prior to your arrival date. Rest assured, getaroom.com guarantees your room is booked from a pre-negotiated block of inventory.

I sent a confirmation to email address: xxxxxx@hotmail.com.
You can also access the reservation on Getaroom.com. Click on the reservations link and enter the information to look up the reservation. Enter first and last name, and the confirmation code with the letter R in front of it. Once you access the receipt you have the option to print the receipt for your records.

Kind Regards,
Elia Compton
getaroom.com
Well, friends hope we are not wrong and everything goes fine in Dubai.
4/16/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: Today , I try to book a room in the hotel from Getaroom. But at the last step, I pressed "book". The system showed the book is unsuccessful owing to some problems and indicates me to try to book again. But the same time, my credit card company inform me that my credit card has been charged And authorized number is 993180. Now I don't know whether Gataroom really charges the money ? In addition, if I cancel a room, how long the charge will refund to my credit card ?
5/1/15
Answer
angelb34
A: HEY, friend send them a email. o try to call them. good luck!
6/5/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Getaroom staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
Getaroom?