US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

taniac3

It was the best deal I could find, Istanbul Hotel Dedeman 5*, made the reservation, no problems at all. (in 84 reviews)

joshd25

Great site - easy to use and customer service was excellent. (in 29 reviews)

judyk12

No problem in booking the rooms, but I was surprised to find that they charged my credit card immediately! (in 24 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

tonyp38
6/29/15

We went to Kayak and booked a room here. It gave us 2 options. King bed smoking or twin bed standard. We chose twin bed standard. We recIeved typical confirmation. We arrive at hotel to check in and they try to put us in the king smoking. I explained I have allergies and needed the room I booked. I showed them my confirmation where it stated twin standard. They said sorry only room we have is king smoking. We are stuck in Asheville NC at 8:00 at night with no place to stay. After riding around for hours we finally found a place. We called the kayak number on our confirmation and they switched us to GETAROOM.COM and I have never been treated so RUDELY! He absolutely did not care about our situation at all. Furthermore he refused to cancel or refund our money on the grounds that they did offer us a room. take note. If you have a problem with a booking they WILL NOT help you.!

karens113
6/28/15

I couldn't switch days, or they were going to penalize me a nites stay for it....I found the room at $ 95.00 through Hotwire.com and another company, both which were extremely cheaper! I paid $140 a night thru getaroom.com......NEVER AGAIN...........very rude on the phone and no help whatsoever!

susannar
6/26/15

I booked a room online through getaroom.com It gave me a confirmation number and charged my card, but never actually booked the room. I was backpacking in a foreign country and was looking forward to a night with a real bed and shower after sleeping on buses, to find I and my traveling companions had no place to go. When I emailed getaroom, they had no record and said they could help me. They said I had to call them with my credit card information to get a refund because they had no record. I could not call until I was back in the states and received the run around via email and phone. Today I finally spoke with a supervisor and she said she would put the refund in the works and call me back later today when the process had begun, but offered no compensation for awful situation the company put me in nor the time that I wasted trying to find a place to stay, and getting a refund.

carlost15
6/24/15

I booked a room in Gromada hotel in Warsaw from Getaroom for an unbelievably low price and was worried that it was too good to be true. Somehow surprisingly it was not! The hotel was great and the price was real. It was a 5 star experience (minus the "too good to be true worry").

davidf119
6/24/15

They have the worst customer service. I travel for work, and the opportunity existed to use them quite a bit. I had to make a small change (not cancel, but change) and they were dreadful. I will NEVER use them again. They even have a customer service number, where after hitting all the responses to get to a person, the recording says "please go to our website" and hangs up on you. Are you kidding me?!?

THEN, when I go to the website and type in the confirmation number from the email they sent me, the error message stated "confirmation number not found". You really can't make this stuff up. This one tops the list as the worst so far (I say "so far" because I am sure there is another more inept site coming down the pike)

I am done using third-party, third-rate sites like this. They are everywhere and far better to just use the hotel website and pay the difference. The piece of mind is worth the price.

hannahw17
6/9/15

May 2015: We had booked a room at Hibiscus Hotel in Ocho Rios, JA through Getaroom.com. We had paid extra for an ocean front room. We arrived they told us they didn't have any ocean fronts available, only normal rooms. I said that was fine, but that I'd like the difference paid back to me. They refused to pay the difference back to me and they were very rude and short. We ended up leaving and staying down the road at Rooms (awesome hotel, highly recommended!). It is now 4 weeks later and between Hibiscus Hotel and Getaroom.com they have STILL refused to refund me the $155 I paid for the hotel room. HORRIBLE SERVICE DO NOT STAY. Very upset and dissatisfied.

In summary - DO NOT BOOK WITH getaroom.com. They have been zero help and they do not advocate for their consumers.

ladonnah1
6/9/15

We were visiting family in San Antonio and decided to drive a couple hours down to Corpus Christi to stay a night on the beach. Called Getaroom.com to set up room. I requested a beach front room. Even asked to confirm before we got on the phone to make sure the reservation was beach front before we booked and ended call. If I am driving 3 hours to stay on beach I want to hear the waves and be ocean front. Booking through Getaroom vs. Holiday Inn was quoted to save me $70. $250 through Holiday Inn and $179 through getaroom. Well, imagine my surprise when $256.90 was charged to my credit card. The $70 I was supposed to have saved was charged as fees and taxes. But it just keeps getting better. We arrive and our room is a ocean side view. No balcony and absolutely not ocean front. I speak with the front desk and they tell me that they run into this problem alot with getaroom. Getaroom telling customers that it is ocean front when it really isn't. Then Holiday Inn tells me they don't even book the ocean front rooms through 3rd party because they only have 16 ocean front units. So, I call Getaroom to discuss the miscommunication. They tell me they will investigate and and get back with me in 24-48 hours. A week later I still have heard nothing so I call back. I speak to a lady in the escalations dept. and she tells me that they listening to my recorded conversation and that I agreed to side beach room and I denied the ocean front because I didn't want to pay the extra for it. I told her that was not the case and that I wanted to speak to a manager and have them listen to the conversation again because that was not the truth. I was told they wouldn't listen to it again. I asked to speak to a manager and I was told they would leave a message for them to contact me. Another week later and nobody has returned me message. I call again and am told that they will call me back in 24-96 hours. GUESS WHAT?????? A week later and still no call. I've just got off the phone again with them. It's like pulling my hair out. I've caught them in so many lies it's not even funny. How did I turn down the ocean front when they evidently can't even rent me one. They decide whatever they want to say and you really can't get anything accomplished with them. They were uneducated about what they could even offer and extremely unprofessional about returning calls and addressing complaints. I was offered a $30 credit was the next I book through them. I told them there was no way in Hell I'd ever book through them again.

krism34
6/8/15

I am really appalled at all the bad reviews on Getaroom.com. I listen to the KGO radio travel show every Sunday and hear what Bob Diener has to offer. He also mentions "great Deals" but apparently these deals don't happen. Shame on this company for causing a lot of grief to customers. I tried several times to book hotels with Get A Room in the areas I wanted to stay and was always told "no, we don't have any hotels in those areas/cities." I never had any luck using Get A Room. Bob Diener just talked about great deals this past Sunday, Like a hotel in Paris for $100 a night; one in Washington DC in Georgetown, and one in New York at the Chambers Hotel on the Westside. I wonder how many people who actually listened to the radio show have tried to get a "great deal" at one of these hotels. I don't like all the bad reviews I have read. Bob Diener, please give more respect to your prospective customers (your old customers will probably not use your site again).

jiannad
6/8/15

ABSOLUTELY dissatisfied! I wanted to upgrade....YES....UPGRADE and was told because of policy they could only cancel my reservation (losing my payment) and make a new reservation! So they refuse to apply your payment to a better room, total ripoff! I've used other booking sites and never had issues and always had a wonderful experience! Lesson learned....DO NOT make the same mistake! Go to Expedia or Hotwire, they'll never let you down!

marthaj15
6/5/15

Called directly to book with Hampton Inn & Suites in Nashville, Tennessee. We have stayed there each time in Nashville and is one of the best hotels in the area. An employee sent our call to GETA ROOM reservation service. Was told our suites were booked the two would be close together and Hilton rewards would be on the reservation. I was not given a conformation number because they would be sending all information by email.

When arriving at the hotel, we did have to suites, one on 4th floor one on first. There was no record of our Hilton Honors award, and the hotel was unable to print a receipt for our stay because RENT A ROOM keeps everything, including credit card information.

In talking to customer service at RENT A Room, was informed they take these calls because the hotels are too busy to handle customers calling direct and we are stuck with using them. I had the young lady place all the problems with the hotel and not the staff who booked.

If I didn't know different I might fall for this rip off.

robys1
5/27/15

I made reservations for a night in New Orleans. After reserving, I discovered I could have gotten a King for same money. I immediately started backtracking, hoping to find a page where I could swap rooms. I eventually hit a page that said "if you go any further, you will have cancelled and you will receive no refund". I stopped, did not click, decided a queen would be just fine! The next morning I get an email confirming reservation and another email cancelling. The activity times on email were less 5 minutes apart. I called customer service. I maintain I never hit the button on dialogue box to cancel, they said I did. I told them I wanted the room, they said too late. They essentially stole $321.

chasey
5/23/15

I booked a room through this website and after I did I read all the horrible reviews. My trip was schedule for Mexico so I was real nervous about this. I contacted getaroom.com and expressed my concerns with them. I then told them I wanted a confirmation number through the resort I was actually staying at and not just getaroom.com conformation number. I had the customer service call the resort and get me a confirmation number, which she did. A couple days later I called the resort and gave them my confirmation number. The number was legit. I also verified the confirmation a couple days before I left....still legit. I arrived in mexico and had no problems at all. In fact, the resort upgraded me (at no cost) to the penthouse suite on the ocean. By far the BEST deal I have ever had and I travel multiple times a year.

ellat7
5/19/15

I just booked a room via Kayak with this company. Get a Room charged my account immediately for the room but said they had no record or confirmation for the room I booked. I called my bank immediately and the bank confirmed that the funds were sent to Get A Room...but Get a Room claimed they did not have a reservation for me. I had to file a dispute with my bank to get the charge removed. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!

markg108
5/17/15

2 charges on my credit card a month ago. 2 non-existing reservations, both claimed to be "hotel's fault". Hotel says GetARoom reserved rooms....with last month's date. On hold 10 mins to get a human. 3-4 minutes to verify my name/address and explain the problem. Put on hold for another 15 mins with no updates by "Denisha". Front desk eventually received a fax, and then a phone call from Denisha 5 minutes later, all while I'm on hold with no updates from her. I'm just glad she actually did something instead of hanging up with my money.

Never again.

motherh
5/4/15

Like headaches? Book with Getaroom. Wanted to change my reservation by one day, not asking for a refund and they wanted to charge me $122!!! Um, no, I never agreed to that. I asked to speak to a manager. Ok, after 10 minutes on hold, they say they'll waive the fee. Oh, how nice of you. Can you change my reservation then? Sure. So, they change it and give me the same confirmation number from my original booking. What? Shouldn't it be a different number now? Can you email that me? Sure, I'll send it now, but it might take 3 hours to get there. I needed peace of mind so I had to call the hotel directly to make sure the changes actually happened. They sent me the email confirmation, with new numbers, by the way. That was 1 hour of my day. Gone. I'll never get that back.

judyk12
5/1/15

I thought I was making reservations through TravelAdvisor when it took me to Getaroom's website to make the reservation. No problem in booking the rooms, but I was surprised to find that they charged my credit card immediately! You need to read the fine print. The reservation was made one month prior to our stay, so maybe that's what makes the difference. There was no problem--we called our hotel directly the night before we were to arrive and they gave us confirmation #'s that our two rooms were booked already. I was initially quite upset when I read the reviews, thinking we had lost our money. I am happy I called the hotel which negated the upsetting reviews I had just read. Thank you Getaroom for not letting me down and for making my hotel reservations!

suzanneh12
4/30/15

I booked a hotel April 2015 with Get a Room through TripAdvisor to Mexico and immediately upon arriving to the hotel my friend, I, and anyone on or near the property was bombarded by the neighboring property's beach club party dj/electronic music. I tried numerous times calling before we even checked in, wanting somewhere, anywhere different, but there was no answer. The hotel could not reach them, nor could I for 2 days. The fact that the hotel hands out earplugs when checking in was a clue. I finally resigned myself to try and make the best of a bad situation and just stayed busy/away most of the time. Checked out early after finding another hotel and just paid extra on top of what I paid in advance to Get a Room, just to get the heck out of there. I've been calling them for 3 weeks to give them an opportunity to make good on matters, and they have done NOTHING. No one has ever returned a call, no one has ever got anywhere and I have to start from scratch with every call. No offer to refund us for the nights we NEVER USED, no discount on a future stay somewhere else, just a complete lack of any professionalism. DO NOT USE GET A ROOM!! If anything goes wrong, you are out of luck. In the future, I will always use a more reputible service, Expedia, or directly with the hotel. They have a complete lack of interest in making things right. Completely unprofessional service.

ewat
4/10/15

We booked by getaroom Gloria Yassad Apartaments in Dubai. When we arrive (2 at night) we had no reservation int the hotel - my credit card was charged. We had to pay for the first night and the reservation was confirmed in the afternoon the next day. We didn't get the first breakfast as we booked on getaroom. So I do not recomend getaroom.

patriciag34
4/9/15

I made a reservation with the Marriott Spring Hill in Kissimmee.Fl. When we arrived the hotel was closed for renovations.Imagine 11 people including children with no place to stay. After spending 5 hours on the phone with get a room and driving around for five hours we went to the Hampton Inn next door to see if they had a room the manager told us that he thought the hotel in the back of the Marriott was making good on the reservation so we went there and yes they were. Don't you think 5 hours on the phone and the employee of get a room should have realized that.so we checked in and get a room refunded our money. in the mean time when it came time for get a room to pay the calypso cay where we stayed their card was rejected for payment. calypso cay charged us over $300 for a cancellation fee and get a room refuses to pay them. When they pay we can get our money back. well the bottom line is they refuse to pay calypso cay. So we are still out over $300 dollars..This was truly a very stressful vacation .Please never use get a room.They have no idea what they are doing Making reservations at a hotel that is not even open.

brewb
4/8/15

I booked it but I did not get a room. Did not get money back.

stevew117
4/4/15

Getaroom website showed types of rooms and prices. When we got to our hotel we were given a different room than requested. When we called getaroom we were told that room types were not guaranteed. There even could have been a possibility of getting a smoking room and are non-smokers

ps78
3/31/15

Booked a room for $74 dollars and ended up with a total bill for $112.14
Wasn't told that the "service" fees would be half the cost of the room..
Avoid...deceptive practices..I was also billed by getaroom.com and
the hotel...Avoid. I see a nightmare for everyone here.

sanans
3/23/15

Desonest, indifferent to customers, and are a scam at worst. That is what I think of a company that hide cancelation and modification policy terms. They share cancelation policy in the email and website, but only on their website and 30 terms below of cancelation they have "more terms" to cancelation and changes .... What?!?!? I've called on time to make some changes to my room dates. I tried to cancel my last night of my 3 night stay well within the cancellation window for the hotel.I didn't buy a packet, I bought a nighty rate and should not have been a problem, it was never a problem with other sites ... I was told that in order to do that, we would have to cancel the reservation entirely and re-book... with a totally new price. When I also mentioned that it was an absurd policy, they offered nothing except to say, repeatedly, that it is "impossible" to change a reservation.

kristynt
2/20/15

I see that many others have had a bad experience using get a room. I however, had a different experience. I had planned a weekend trip to DC that I was forced to cancel because of the severe winter weather of 2015. The lady on the phone couldn't have been nicer. She was extremely helpful in canceling my trip. I also got a 100% refund back into my account the very next day. I will use them to book a room again.

briane24
2/19/15

Apparently, it is impossible to change your reservation without getting charged, no matter what their policy says. We tried to cancel the second night of our two night stay well within the cancellation window for the hotel. We were told that in order to do that, we would have to cancel the reservation entirely (thus incurring a charge for the first night), and re-book...making one night cost the same as two no matter what. When I mentioned that it was an absurd policy, they offered nothing except to say, repeatedly, that it is "impossible" to change a reservation. At best, they are indifferent to customers, and are a scam at worst. Go to a more reputable site to make your third-party travel reservations...these guys are not worth it.

dona568
2/18/15

I booked a room and within 4 hours tried to cancel, and their refund policy was that I had to cancel the day BEFORE I even booked the reservation ???(Not sure how that is even possible) so they charged me for half the reservation amount. It would have been a great deal. But I will never use this site again.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!

kima42
2/7/15

NO STARS !!!!!

BE AWARE - AVOID - WATCH OUT -RIP OFF - MIS LEADING - NEGATIVE - UNDERHAND - WARNING

Totally agree with majority of others - I have just had a similar experience & have written their customer services the following - why as others have said are Trip Advisor still allowing them to use their site is beyond me! I shall be sure to contact our hotel booked to make sure the reservation is still in place - GetARoom needs to be run out of town - total scammy rip off merchants!!

THE CHARGES ARE NOT TRANSPARENT!

I searched on Trip Advisor UK for 3 rooms at Jurys Inn. BIrmingham UK - went to Get a Room co.uk - another UK site - I was quoted on the site the price for the room in UK£s which was the same price quoted on UK Trip Advisor site.

The page then went straight to entering the payment details - at no point does the page or site indicate there will be a US&$ conversion rip off exchange rate.

Calling the helpline to try to resolve the issue & cancel the booking is not at all helpful when I had to speak to a nasal, condescending call operator who suggests I didn't read the small print - 'James' you donut! There was no small print to read - booking a hotel room is straight forwards (thankfully the calls are recorded or so you say for James to receive additional training in that department.

GetARoom - you are a rip off - your charges and conversion are not transparent & if you are having to resort to underhand techniques like this no doubt you with any luck you will soon go under - fingers crossed on that one!

Tip for consumers: AVOID - SCAM - DONUTS & COWBOYS!! RIP Off

adriannas1
2/5/15

This is the worst site I have ever used to book anything. When I had gone through the checkout it had said that the final amount was in canadian dollars but when I looked at my Visa bill the company had charged me the rate in USD. I had called the company spoke to 2 different people and a supervisor, all confirming they in fact were an American company and they could not do anything for me. I was livid. Why would a site claiming to charge me in Canadian dollars charge me in USD. The site we looked at had 2 price amounts one in US the other Canadian, obviously why would I pay for a canadian hotel with my canadian dollars in USD when I knew there would be an exchange rate?! By far the worst customer service and the morons on the other end just did not understand where the problem lied. They kept trying to find an excuse to keep their asses off the line. NEVER book with this site.

Tip for consumers: NEVER book with this site.

boham
1/6/15

Worse website, they charge me $15 extra as resort free.
BE CARFUL

yuy7
12/29/14

worst hotel experience because of this site

Tip for consumers: this site told you one thing, and when I get to the hotel, they messed up everything, from room to breakfast.....I have to pay $109 extra per night. I contacted customer service everyday (from abroad) and got no response. they told me it would take them 24-96 hours to do research. and by the end of 96 hours, still no results.....The hotel seems to dispise this site too for some curious reason I don't know of. Horrible site, will never use again

sethf18
11/22/14

Rip off! Charged us twice for our room! Overcharged us and will not refund! You have been warned!

Tip for consumers: Try a different site..

tinat9
10/31/14

I have used getaroom.com on most of our recent trip to central Europe and have made at least 8 bookings for different cities and was very pleased with the outcome. We did not have any issues at all when we arrived to these hotels. My advised to anyone who will be using this site is make sure that you take a copy of your bookings as the hotel asked for verification. I found that if you ring them (getaroom) and talk to their customer representatives, they can quote you better and cheaper pricing. I generally had a pleasant experienced dealing with them and will likely use it again.

stelle
10/26/14

WARNING!! Do not use this site under any circumstance if booking outside of USA. The price they quote is a scam and exchange rates are a lie. You will be charged in US dollars and face a hefty fee from your bank for paying in a foreign currency as well as the exchange rate being completely different to the one you are quoted. The customer service is rude and unhelpful. Avoid at all cost (literally)!

veronicaw5
10/10/14

The only reason I even know about getaroom.com is because Kayak.com linked me up when I was trying to book a hotel room.
I had a couple of website glitches and was told that the the reservation couldn't be confirmed, did I want to try again- so I clicked retry. I did that twice (I have had connection issues with Kayak before so I didn't think anything of it), after the second time, I checked over my information, everything looked fine, I clicked retry and THIS time, it said "Oops, looks like that room is sold out".
And then I got an alert from bank letting me know that I had 3 charges from getaroom.com for the same amount all in about 5 minutes.
I called the phone number for getaroom.com and asked about it. I said I didn't actually have a room because they were sold out, and I had no confirmation number, so why was my card run three times- I had 3 pending charges. The gentleman I spoke with was SUPER nice and told me to speak with my bank and told me how to handle it. He said when charges are pending they can take 24 hours to a couple of weeks to clear. One charge, I probably could've waited on, but THREE? It wasn't a cheap hotel, it adds up.
After speaking to my bank about what I needed and how to go about getting the charges cleared, They couldn't take them out of "pending status" until they had a release code from the site letting them know that the charges weren't actually going to go through, so they could clear them. They gave me two ways to do that- I could just get a release code, or I could have the customer service rep call my bank in a 3 way call setting so everything could be verified with me on the line and they could clear it without the release code.
I called the customer service line.
This time, I spoke with Lisa.
Right away she basically called me impatient. After I explained the situation, she sighed heavily and said "You can't just wait for them to clear on their own? They take one to three business days"
I told her what the guy had said and she said he didn't know what he was saying. And then I explained that if it didn't get cleared up today, Friday, the second business day, then by waiting until the third business day, that actually pushed me over to Monday. And then the whole weekend that I had planned is ruined because my budget was screwed up due to these charges.
She then told me I had to call my bank again and get a fax number and call them back. I told her that I asked my bank about the fax number before because that's what the gentleman had told me, but they had given different options and they needed to go about it differently.
And instead of trying to help me find a compromise, or even just saying "I'm sorry, we can't do it that way" or using a nice tone, she was rude and dismissive. Everything I said was met with a sigh - and I imagine an eye roll.
It's rare that I feel the need to write negative reviews and call out someone by name, but she was the least helpful customer service representative that I have ever dealt with. I don't know if she was having a bad day or if she is always like that, but that was really unacceptable.
I will not be using getaroom.com because I can see from other reviews that I am not the only person who has received poor customer service.
I wish I had written down the gentleman's name I spoke to the first time, because he truly was very nice and very helpful and I feel like maybe he's an odd duck from the things I've read in other reviews.

Tip for consumers: DON'T

wernerc1
9/22/14

I booked a hotel one person, one night, one room. They charged my account twice. I asked them to rectify their mistake. I sent 3 emails, all answered with a identical replies, that they are not going to respond to any email. There appears to be no way to make them even respond, much less to reverse the charge.

Tip for consumers: DON'T DEAL WITH THAT MOB

pamelak8
9/21/14

My credit card company emailed me about a suspicious charge. (over $800,00) It was for a hotel room in Cape Town, South Africa!! I live in California and have never traveled abroad (and if I did it wouldn't be to South Africa. It was booked through Getaroom.com! My credit card company closed my account, refunded the money and sent me a new card. She also told me that Getaroom.com was a fradulent website. Be Aware!

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site!

franf1
9/20/14

My so called' confirmed' room did not exist. The uk hotel had no record of my booking, had never heard of Get a room booking service either. Do not use them if you want a bed for the night!

Tip for consumers: Don't bother

cassandrab3
9/16/14

getaroom.com is the absolute WORST!!!
I have spent HOURS on the phone with them because the first hotel I booked was apparently sold out, so they relocated me. Then thank god I noticed they never sent me a new email confirmation (when they said they would), cause when I called, they told me the second room they put me in was sold out as well!! They never called me to tell me that either!! Customer service is horrible!! Very condescending, and unapologetic. What a nightmare!!! Then when they were relocating me for the second time, all the hotels they were giving me were garbage!!! Nothing like the original hotel I booked. Save your time and stress and book with a reputable agency.

Tip for consumers: Avoid at all costs!

cheyannec1
9/10/14

TERRIBLE NEVER USE THEM. I didn't get the type of room that their confirmation email promised me. The hotel told me it is not a guarantee but a best effort situation. I also got delayed so missed my first night in the hotel and called Getaroom to have them inform the hotel. They told me it was not necessary and I should be fine, but I could just call the hotel myself if I wanted. I did so and the hotel told me that they would have sold my room if I hadn't called. When I called to report all of this to Getaroom they told me they would email me with a proposed compensation for the terrible experience and I have heard nothing.

Tip for consumers: don't use it.

cyndio
9/1/14

Getaroom,com is a scam, I booked a room with two double beds at a luxurious resort when I got to the hotel they said they didn't have any rooms with double beds and no roll away beds either. . My kids were going to have to sleep on the floor. The hotel said I could upgrade to a suite for an extra 200 dollars. It ended up costing me more money then if I would have booked with the hotel. When I called to complain to Getaroom.com they said oh well we don't guarantee the room. Of course they don't tell you that when they charge your credit card and give you confirmation on your reservation.

douglasp11
8/26/14

what a scam! they had never heard of me at the hotel I booked for me and my fiancee. who knows where my moneys gone

vjaggaturv
8/24/14

Buyer Beware! My husband, who I admit is not the most computer literate person, somehow booked through them thinking he was booking directly with the hotel website. This ended up costing us about $150 for... nothing.

They are actually "Consumer Club Inc", dba GetARoom.com and they have developed their own proprietary software that links to hotel websites. I guess they are good at making money because they were touted as "Entrepreneurs of the Year for 2014"( http://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-ceo/2014/july-august/entrepreneurs-of-the-year-ey-2014?single=1)

Tip for consumers: Don't use!

jonr29
8/22/14

BEWARE ... Ordered a "non-refundable" room at a NY hotel with a "king-size" bed. The reservation confirmation came back, moments later, stating that the room I ordered had two twin beds and that I had selected "king-size" bed as a preference. (Not true!) The confirmation amount was for the less desirable bed configuration, too, not the one I ordered. The confirmation notice also included a clearly visible disclaimer (first time shown) that GetaRoom cannot guarantee the kind of bed you get. I called the company immediately and said this was "bait and switch." The customer service person first tried to tell me that I had hit the wrong button, but when I went back to the still-open webpage, the correct "order" button was still highlighted. She called the hotel and they confirmed they had no more standard rooms with king-size beds. She got them to agree to refund me my money, but I would have to wait "5-to-7 days" for the credit to hit my bank account. Meanwhile, I was renting a room for early this coming week! So, I'm stuck. Don't make the same mistake I did. (The customer service person was helpful, but said her hands were tied.)

Tip for consumers: Know that, despite the bed configuration you select and pay for, the site does not "guarantee" you will get what you ask for, and, moments after you think you've reserved it, you will get a reservation confirmation adjusted downward (via tax, in my case) if the bed configuration is cheaper, but you won't get what you wanted and you won't get your money back for "5 to 7 days" if they even attempt to get you a refund.

michaelh108
8/7/14

NEVER use Getaway.com. They are part of expedia.com but far from service orientation as you can get. Here is the scenario: I called to get a room in Peabody, MA late afternoon on the day that I wished to stay. The agent was quite helpful but when I asked him for the address of the Peabody Marriott, he indicated that he would send it to me via email to my phone. No such email ever came. No confirmation number. Nothing. I found the Marriott in Peabody, went there and they had no record of my reservation. Since it did not come to my email address, I assumed that they had dropped the ball. They booked me at another Peabody Marriott. My credit card bill came today. I am being charged for staying in two different Mariotts for the same night. When I called today to getaroom.com, they indicated that their records showed that the reservaation was made online by me. I asked for the email address that they had for me. They could not produce that yet they insisted that it was made on line and not by phone. When I asked the person if our telephone conversation was considered to be online there was a long pause and then they stated that the reservation had been made on line.. Runaround. Never will they admit that their agent that I talked to did not send me confirmation. Never agian will I use Getaroom.com. They are not customer oriented.

aprilw9
8/6/14

DO NOT USE! This is the most scandalous company I have ever used. I booked a room through them and had to check out due to poor room conditions which include Saturated mattresses. I checked out a day early and in fact have the invoice in which the hotel I was in only charged them one day not the twos I originally booked and they still will not refund me my money. They are so unprofessional and I hope someone will investigate them.

daneb6
8/4/14

Absolute SCAM, dishonest people and terrible customer service ! Do not use. I can't believe TripAdvisor refer to them..

debm12
7/30/14

AWFUL!!!!! Do yourself a favor and DON'T USE THIS SERVICE!!! If you have a question or need any assistance, you are on your own, as they are NOT HELPFUL at all. We paid for a room and then had to adjust the arrival time, so they cancelled the room and still made us pay. Seriously poor customer service and management. If I could give negative stars, I would.

cathys14
6/13/14

well i booked 2 rooms with getroom.com, and i asked 1 room needs to handicapped, for my mom, and i need a room right next to her, well we went on our car trip went to s.d, and wanted to stay at the Harrah's, well I did call 1 week rior, and they had no record for my request the guy never put it in the system, so the lady I soke to said she would , well we get to the hotel it was a zoo, my room was in a different tower and it the elevator to the rooms is like a 2 mile walk, my mom cant walk, they did not say anything, the room was not handicap,and it was right next to the pool, w/loud parties going on, so we went and complained they gave me a room down the hall, they wanted to move my into a smoking room (not), they said they dont have another room for about an hour or so, so said no and I dont want to stay here at all, i was crying and very,very upset, I will not go here again, and will not book thru getaroom again,

kelseyb2
6/9/14

Horrible!!!! You dont get to use your rewards points, but they dont tell you that. They tell you that you have to talk to the hotel about it. Then the customer service peole and not knowledgable, they put you on hold then hang up on you.

natashan3
5/29/14

Horrible experience!!! wish I had read reviews before booking with them. We were going to Hearst Castle and I booked a room through their website. When we got there, receptionist told us that they have no vacancies, nothing in their records shows that a room was booked on my name. We wasted over an hour while a hotel manager was trying to help us...Luckily, we found another hotel nearby. Called getaroom next day, they offered NO APOLOGIES whatsoever, spent another hour with them on the phone..to hear later that some Victor can't reach anyone in a hotel (a lie! anytime I call - they answer right away). That Victor promised to call me back same day after he talks to a hotel's receptionist. He never did! Now I have to get on the phone to waste some more time with this company in order to get credit charge taken off. DON'T DEAL with this company. It's a total scam. Hotel people told us that no rooms are ever booked through this site.

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Getaroom staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Thankfully I read this website before deciding to book anything. After all the above scams, how come your trading standards people let them continue to practise ?
4/28/13
Answer
angelb34
A: hi friends, unfurtunatelly my husband had bought yesterday a room to stay in Dubai, i tried to get to our reservation page we can not find any reservation. so i sent a email asking why such and the reply is that-
~Elia Compton, Apr 15, 8:02 AM:
Dear xxxxxx
Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com Customer Care.
The reservation was just booked yesterday for arrival Wednesday, Jun. 10, 2015
Depending on your arrival date, in some cases, your name may not appear at the hotel until 72 hours prior to your arrival date. Rest assured, getaroom.com guarantees your room is booked from a pre-negotiated block of inventory.

I sent a confirmation to email address: xxxxxx@hotmail.com.
You can also access the reservation on Getaroom.com. Click on the reservations link and enter the information to look up the reservation. Enter first and last name, and the confirmation code with the letter R in front of it. Once you access the receipt you have the option to print the receipt for your records.

Kind Regards,
Elia Compton
getaroom.com
Well, friends hope we are not wrong and everything goes fine in Dubai.
4/16/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: Today , I try to book a room in the hotel from Getaroom. But at the last step, I pressed "book". The system showed the book is unsuccessful owing to some problems and indicates me to try to book again. But the same time, my credit card company inform me that my credit card has been charged And authorized number is 993180. Now I don't know whether Gataroom really charges the money ? In addition, if I cancel a room, how long the charge will refund to my credit card ?
5/1/15
Answer
angelb34
A: HEY, friend send them a email. o try to call them. good luck!
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Getaroom staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
Getaroom?