US Government's NSF

4/21/14

1. they the site is no help/good (filters) you have to call in
2. they still have no info on rooms
3. double charge my credit card
4. I was told it looks like that one of the charges will fall off ... both charges posted
5. Call back to inform them that both charges posted REP act like something was wrong with phone and it hung up .... I called back and they are still saying that one of them was cancelled like I can't see that both of them posted then the REP said the money will be back in my account in 30 days....

4/16/14

These are cowboys. Avoid. They offer you a price on the screen immediately before confirmation in one currency, and then, after you confirm, the prices switches to US dollars, so you get hit by currency conversion fees. Their customer service is appalling.

4/9/14

I wish I checked these reviews before I used them!
Firstly the site quoted me in AU dollars (which I wanted) but then charged me in US dollars which cost me an additional currency conversion fee. Secondly after I was quoted the price in AU dollars, I entered my credit card details to pay, and then the receipt received showed an addition $200US admin fee that was never previously disclosed!
When I arrived at the hotel I was told that the booking had been made for 2 single rooms for one night, when I had actually booked 2 double rooms for 2 nights. Luckily the hotel accommodated us.
And finally I have been emailing complaints to getaroom over the last 4 weeks. at first the first 3 responses were cut a paste standard responses from their manual, even though it didn't address my actual complaint! After about 6 emails I was finally put through to a supervisor who is still disputing my complaint, saying they did everything correctly, site quoted in US dollars (i have screen print showing quote in AU dollars) and them saying they booked the correct details with hotel. NEVER again will I use this website

3/7/14

If I could put no stars I would have. These people are the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. My boyfriend and I booked a room for The millennium hotel in Glasgow, when we got there I handed over my confirmation email and the first thing the guy says is he has never heard of getaroom.com (lucky him). He says we are not booked into hotel and that the confirmation number isn't one of there's and the cancellation policy also isn't there's. The cherry on top was that there were no rooms left on that night so we couldn't even book another room. The hotel phoned getaroom and they were told getaroom hadn't sent over the confirmation of our reservation!! The hotel did what they could and we got put in an alternative hotel however we were downgraded and wasn't what we paid for.
Emails to getaroom have proved fruitless, their response was we were to pay for another room and if there was availability we could upgrade for free to an executive room. When I emailed back to say this wasn't the response we were looking for they didn't even bother to reply. 5 emails later and they have completely ignored me, they are the worst service to deal with, unhelpful and appear quite happy to take money from people without honouring their promises. I will never use them again an I really urge no one else to use them either.

2/14/14

I've used Getaroom without any problems a few times in the past. My inly complaint is I wish the best rates were posted online. Someone who reviewed before me had a problem finding the right number, this is the one that I called: 855-419-8187 with no problems booking or checking in.

2/7/14

Total scam of a company!! Do not use this company EVER!!
Booked the Pearl Hotel in NYC back in Oct 2013 for a 7 night stay during Jan 2014.
They offered what I thought to be a fantastic rate for that hotel.
A few days before my visit, I called the hotel direct to check that my booking was confirmed.
I was not booked in and the hotel had no knowledge of my booking!!
Called Hotel-Rates.com customer service number ( same company as getaroom.com ) only to be given a total run around!
Despite having an email confirming my booking with a booking reference number, they tried to convince me that I had booked a different hotel!!
It took me several calls ( from the UK ) before they eventually confirmed that they had made an error and booked the wrong hotel.
I can accept that people make errors, but the service I got after that was simply unacceptable.
As I was not due to travel for several days, I simply asked them to honour the booking and correct their error.
They refused point blank to do this, saying that the Pearl Hotel could not be booked for the price I had been charged when I initially made the booking?
When I pointed out that it was their web site had offered that price and ( in my opinion ) their confirmation email was a binding contract they simply blanked me completely.
I was forced to cancel my booking and rebook the Pearl Hotel using Expedia.
This new booking cost me an extra $573.
I was eventually refunded my initial charge of $1318, but as I live in the UK, I lost out to the sum of £93 GBP due to differing currency exchange rates.
I approached the company again, asking for compensation and after several emails they agreed to repay me the $20.99 booking fee they charge, plus a $100 "gesture" payment.
However this money has never been refunded and the company has stopped responding to my emails! I now realise that I am never going to see any further payment.
As I live in the UK, it is virtually impossible to sue a US company, so will have to give up on this really bad experience.
Had I lived in the USA, then I would definitely have sought legal advice in order to recover all my financial losses.
Keep away! You have been warned.

10/24/13

Customer writes:
To Whom It May Concern:
I spoke with one of your representatives at getaroom.com today about a refund for confirmation # R....... for my wife at the Travelodge Sacramento, June 19-27. My wife stayed only one night, June 19, which the attachment from the hotel confirms, because the room was not as ordered and was in very unsatisfactory condition.
My credit card was billed $532.44 for the entire stay on 5/6/13. I was told a refund was not issued because the hotel did not send a receipt. They would not give my wife one on the morning she checked out because they said it was an online booking and the receipt had to come from there.
My phone number is 970-.... Billing address: ...
Please let me know if you receive this, and if there is anything else I need to do in order to receive a credit back. Thank you.

I sent the above to Getaroom on Aug. 23, 2013 - today is Oct. 24, 2013, so I sent the following:

Hello. It has been more than two months since I sent this, and I have heard nothing. We paid for NINE days at the Travelodge Sacramento through your website, and stayed only ONE because the accommodations were so poor. The attached receipt from the Travelodge -- which both they and I sent to you on August 23, 2013, documents that my wife, daughter, and granddaughter stayed just that one night. We have not received a refund on our credit card. The last time I spoke with one of your representatives, someone from your company said they were corresponding with the manager of the Travelodge. I asked that you contact me if there was anything else needed and have heard nothing - yet still no refund. Is this your normal practice, hoping the complaint will go away and you can keep the extra $400? I would hope not, but without a response, what am I to think?

Before I (and Travelodge Sacramento) sent the attached receipt, someone left a message on our home phone that we needed to respond within a certain period of time. I immediately called one of your representatives and sent this receipt -- and was told that the escalations department was handling the request. Has a determination been made? Would you do us the courtesy of a response, please.

10/23/13

I am a new reviewer, but please take this post seriously! This is a completely unbiased view of getaroom.com

I read some very mixed reviews, but found a great deal for a hotel, so decided to take the risk. Since the website offered a full refund for cancelling (no cancellation fee either since I booked online) I figured it would be safe. There is a cancellation fee if you book it over the phone, but they do clearly state this on their website. SO people have no right to complain about that.

HOWEVER, I do believe this website is some sort of scam. I believe it has worked for a very few number of people out there, and they probably just got very lucky. Basically, their system doesn't connect to the hotel you are booking until 24 hours before you need it. Therefore, the hotel could technically be sold out, or give you the worst room possible. This is NOT the hotels fault- websites like Expedia etc connect you within hours, and your room is booked. Here's the catch- the full refund is unavailable on those last few days! How convenient for getaroom...

Anyway, I called the hotel to see if my room was booked, and they had no confirmation or any records at all from getaroom. I phoned getaroom and they tried to lie to me over the phone, saying the hotel had the records but lost them etc etc. I called the hotel multiple times, and this is a 5 star hotel so I side with them on this one. I was very unhappy, and cancelled my hotel. Legally, I am entitled to my money within 5-7 business days and I hope it arrives with no hassle.

If your room has a full refund cancellation, and you are willing to take the risk of finding out some last minute bad news, go for it. Maybe the deal is so great you can't pass it up. But I would advise everyone out there to stay away from this website. You will end up disappointed, and even if you don't, you will be worrying until the last moment that something will go wrong. Pay a little more and book directly from the hotel, or trusted sites like Expedia! Hope this helps!

9/27/13

ok, the website is not working like it should and some wrong phone nr on the top, than I used the one on the bottom. I had to call a few times, but no troubles. Finally I arrived at a call center in the US. It was the best deal I could find, Istanbul Hotel Dedeman 5*, made the reservation, no problems at all. Hotel fine, service at the hotel perfect,... no worries

9/27/13

SCAM, FRAUD, this $#*!ing site charge you full amount when booking and have a blinking cancellation button on top of the confirmation. Once you click it(one click, no confirmation at all), your nightmare will start. They will give you no refund. yes, they charge me $1200. now they give me no refund. When I ask them to rebook my hotel. no replies. Raised chargeback to VISA. VISA says their cancellation policy stated, you will get no refund when you cancel your reservation.

SO WHY THE $#*! THERE IS CANCELLATION BUTTON THERE?/????

9/25/13

WORST !!! DO NOT BOOK HERE !!
This is a SCAM !

DID NOT CONFIRM BOOKING. Then charged my credit card !!!!!
Confirmation sent after 2 weeks !!!!!!

9/19/13

Getaroom.com is a scam! beware. Getaroom.com means misery and headache for you. Do not do business with them! They put a hold on my account for the same amount three times! This is three times when I did not even book a room with them. Save yourself time and money. Don't even give your credit card number because they will try to get your money even though you did not authorize and did not complete your transaction with them.

And the people that work there needs a good overhaul on customer service and relations. They act like you are supposed to be grateful to them for helping you on your complaints.Well, of course, when they charge your credit card three times for the same room that you don't even get.... there will be a big complaint for them to resolve.

9/10/13

Waste of time... I used this site to save less than $10 and it cost me over an hour of phone time with useless customer service.

This is a division of Expedia except they use foreign operators that are not helpful. (I say Expedia... since I got transfered to Expedia when I asked for help).

They booked me in a smoking room but I reserved a non smoking room. The hotel got the reservation in a fax from "GAR" but could not accept it as they had no smoking rooms. Hotel called me... I called GAR and they told me they would take care of it but after many calls and promises... they never delivered.

The best they could do for all the wasted time was a $5 discount. SAD...

9/3/13

BOGUS & FRAUD website, your money will doom down the drain. They don't know what is customer service, hotel called in front of us to these website people and told not to book any room for their hotel in future. Something with website people take money from customers and don't pay the hotels. When customer arrives at hotel, customer don't get room. Do NOT use this website to book anything.

8/25/13

the most horrible experience ever.
the point of booking a room online its because you want a hassle free procedure
unlike what happened with getaroom.com, i booked a hotel in Tokyo for 6 nights i payed the full amount it was around 800$ . when i called tokyo to make sure my name is listed i was surprised that they told me they have no record !
i had to call international call to getaroom.com they kept transferring my call and told me my booking is confirmed and its nothing to worry about and they will fax the hotel to update their system. i called tokyo the next day still same answer no record of my booking ! i called getaroom.com for the 4th time and still same answer we will get back to the hotel !
it was such a nightmare how i kept calling them to know what was the issue with my booking as it says its confirmed !
i didnt get any help i needed and it was frustrating and confusing they kept telling me will update your record directly with hotel give us max of 2 hrs and it took them 24 hrs and still no record at hotel so i called AGAIN to see wat is it exactly with them but as expected no straight answer !!!!! they transferred the call again asking same stupid questions wats ur billing address and wats ur booking ref.
so i had enough and requested for refund am not sure if am gonna get my money back i just had the stupid and annoying experience today

plz watever you do DONT USE GETAROOM.com !!!!

8/19/13

We've requested a room for 2 adults and 3 children. They was supposed to be a sofa that a child could sleep on. They said they couldn't even put up a coat. One child slept on the floor. They did offer an up-stairs room but we needed handicapped.

7/26/13

Getaroom.com would get no stars if possible. In desperate need of a hotel room, we called this number looking for a room. After several attempts, they lied about the bed number and charged us double the price of what the hotel would have. They refuse to be of any assistance or give a refund. Do not use this site!!!!!!

7/23/13

After trying a room closer to where some meetings were being held but were booked, the super friendly rep told me of a place that he said wasn't exactly where I wanted to be but was maybe ten to fifteen minutes away. I knew the area in Vero Beach, FL and what he was describing was an area a little south of where I was looking but still close to US 1. I booked two rooms for two nights and when I got my confirmation I checked out the address on my GPS and found the property was another fifteen miles away, out next to the interstate. I immediately called to cancel and they said it was too late to cancel the first night but they would refund the second night. The time it took to retrieve my email and check the GPS was a matter of an hour or two. The "super friendly" sales rep had screwed me and even American Express hasn't successfully contested the charges. They said they have the reservation on tape and what the rep said but haven't produced anything so far. They lied, cheated and trapped me and are getting away with it!

7/18/13

Double charged CC for hotel room, will not respond to emails. Do not use this site, do not book through Kayak either, they book via getaroom. and they do not respond to emails either.

7/17/13

I was originally planning to book the hotel room directly from the hotel's website when the price jumped from $119 to $189. This was a very busy week for San Diego because of Comic Con, ball game, Summer time, and of course, it is San Diego! All of my hotel choices were now fully booked, when I accidentally ended up at getaroom's website. And I was very thankful I did! We had a mini family reunion, and needed a room around Hotel Circle the very last minute. I browsed the site for a few minutes and decided to call for the same day reservation. The getaroom representative was very helpful and knowledgeable. He answered all my questions, and also made valuable suggestions. I think his name is Mr. Jack. Surprisingly, their site was $25 less than the hotels price real time/actual price! Everything was great! The room even have a small dining table, stove, and furnished with kitchen essentials, which really we did not expect! Our room was close by the pool and dining area which was a plus! Thank you so much for your help Mr. Jack! (I hope that I have your name right).

6/29/13

I booked a 2 night stay at a Wisconsin dells resort costing $550 with Getaroom.com. When I arrived at the hotel they had to record of my reservation and had never even heard of getaroom.com. Luckily, the resort was nice enough to upgrade me to a 2 bedroom condo in the resort even though they had never received my $550 from getaroom.com... THIS WEBSITE IS $#*!

6/3/13

On Two separate occasions i have reserved with getaroom. The first trying to change my reservation. It was a nightmare!!! I was on the phone every other day for a week. On hold for very long period at a time. Even the hotel i booked with was perplexed. They said they have to cancel my reservation in order to drop one night and could be booked at a higher price!!
The second time called the hotel directly to cancel a night but did not call getaroom and now they are saying i will be charged a cancelation fee because i did not call getaroom to cancel.I am still fighting this.
Do not use this site! It is not worth the cheaper prices in the end!

5/20/13

Horrible experience. They claim to have a 48 hour price guarantee but do not honor it. Do not book with them.

5/7/13

It was a good experience. I booked the Millennium hotel in London and got a really good rate. The hotel gave me a decent room and no issues. I wish the site had a few more selection options, but it worked very well for me.

4/8/13

This is a scam. When I selected the room and dates and then made the non-refundable reservation, both the date and the number of nights were changed. The date was changed to a date I wouldn't have made because of a direct conflict. When I tried to cancel and get the correct date and three nights instead of one, I was told that was possible but the rate would be doubled, so I refused. Now they are saying my "reservation" was non-refundable even though it was two months away and Horrors! my credit card company will not back up my protest. I'll be damned if I pay them for something I neve received..

3/30/13

Do not book via this site! Worst customer service experience ever. They have no problem charging your credit card multiple times and will conveniently "forget" to send you email confirmations for the fraudulent charges. After an entire hour on the phone with a rep and the supervisor, I was told I booked multiple rooms and it was my fault. I stated that I booked one room, received an email confirmation for one room and was not aware of this second room I supposedly booked until I arrived at the hotel. I asked them if it was their policy to send email confirmations on all reservations. The supervisior said it was and she was sorry one wasn't sent, but it was my fault for booking 2 rooms (have I mentioned I only booked one room?). I am a frequent traveler and have used many travel sites to book flights, hotels, and cars with no significant issues. This is the first and last time I will ever use this site. I encourage those who have also had poor experiences to contact Kayak and urge them not to provide rates and links to this website.

3/19/13

I booked a room in vegas for $83 a night for 2 nights. I drove to Vegas arriving at 3AM arrived at the Super 8 only to discover getaroom had cancelled my reservation(according to the manager) who also advised getaroom did not pay them their commision and that it didn't matter anyway as they were completely booked. He went on to state never book with a third party.

I called get a room spoke with Jose, who advised they didn't cancel the reservation and to stay on the line and he would call the hotel. Jose comes back to state the hotel didn't have any more rooms and the good news was they were going to refund my money within 24 hours but it could take up to 7 days for my bank to refund it.

I explained to Jose that was not good news as I had been driving all night and would be running a marathon in less the 3 hours and I needed to sleep. Jose offered to get me another hotel for $198 a night which was unacceptable.(bait and switch)

While I was going through this with Jose and the hotel, 3 other customers who booked through get a room went through the exact same issue. Including a lady with a baby:(

3/5/13

Avoid this POS site at all costs. Made the mistake of booking a stay on NY through these amateurs, showed up and the hotel had absolutely no record of our reservation. Turns out getaroom had never forwarded them to reservation. Gets worse...after an hour of the worst customer support I've ever experienced, they finally get the reservation through, and when the hotel attempts to finalize the charge, the getaroom credit card (not mine, the getaroom reservation they use with hotels, getaroom had already successfully charged mine days before when I made the reservation) was DECLINED! What kind of shoestring operation are they running there? They should definitely not be in business, and absolutely no-one should ever use them to book a room.

1/20/13

I set up a vacation through Kayak.com, but the purchase went originally through Getaroom.com. I realized immediately I booked the condo a week later than needed, so I called up to change the date within 10 minutes of booking. Getaroom.com was going to charge me a cancellation fee for changing the date, so I then decided to completely cancel the booking since I would get charged 1 nights fee regardless. I cancelled and got a confirmation of the cancellation with in 5 minutes of the cancellation. A few days later I received a refund in my banking account for the purchase minus the 1 night fee. The problem occurred when Getaroom.com ended up refunding me twice. A few weeks later Getaroom.com called me up telling me to call them back since they had accidentally refunded me twice so that they could get that money back, but left a voicemail since I was at work. When I had the chance to call them back, I reached a representative, filled them in on the situation and they told me I owed nothing on the account. I had her leave notes on the account that I called in and to put a 'no contact order' on the account so that they would stop harassing me on this issue. Then a few weeks after that I received an email stating I was going to be sent to collections for this charge. I was baffled. I called up Getaroom.com and got another representative. They told me they didn't care what the first representative had said, they wouldn't honor what the first representative had done, weren't going to pull a call to verify my calling in, had no record of my calling in, didn't know what dollar amount I owed them. I asked them to get me to someone that did know what I owed them and they said they had no record of what I owed. I spoke with a supervisor during this entire part of the conversation, she told me I was wrong, could not give me a dollar amount to what I owed, told me she couldn't pull the recorded call, and then hung up on me when I continued to ask her questions she didn't have answers for. I was told that someone would call me on Monday since it was Friday with a dollar amount calculated for me to pay. No one ended up calling me on Monday. At this point I was so ticked off, I had my wife call in and deal with the representatives and was told we didn't owe any money. Since she was aware of how sloppy their business model is, she asked to speak to a supervisor immediately. This supervisor could not give her a dollar amount as to what was owed, but said she would call her back. When this supervisor called her back a few days later, she told her the dollar amount and my wife paid the charge through our bank account and asked for a receipt to indicate the charge was paid via email and confirmed the email. No email was ever received for the charge on the credit card from our bank but we could see the transaction went through. The next day, my wife called in and asked for that same supervisor again and was told she was gone for the day so she had a representative take down her email and request a receipt for the charge to the credit card. No receipt was and still has ever been received. Getaroom.com is by far the worst customer service we have EVER EVER EVER received. They have shady business practices. The customer service is terrible, the supervision is even worse, and they're business practices are unethical.

1/13/13

Wish I had read these reviews first. Tried to reserve a room in NY, and when I clicked "Book Room" an error popped up saying the rate was no longer available. Thinking..."wtf?" I tried it again. Same error.

Now here's the really bad news... They charged my card... twice! Maybe the clicking a second time wasn't the best idea, I'll admit that, but why the hell was I charged in the first place if the room/rate wasn't available?!? I called getaroom, and the lady told me these were "pending holds" that will fall off in 72 hours. I certainly hope so... all these 1-star reviews are making me VERY nervous though. I hate shady businesses.

11/13/12

By far the worst hotel site on the web, book a smoking kind bed room at hollywood florida, then when i got there i was told that the hotel is a non smoking hotel. called the company and ask to be moved to another hotel they charged me again and promised to return the credit onto my card. They never did, i've called them 4 times and they say the same thing, it is being processed. Tomorrow I will call my bank and place a claim on them.

10/12/12

GETAROOM.COM PRACTICES FALSE ADVERTISING AND FRAUDULENT ROOM RATES!!

On their site, they quoted a package rate at a hotel that included 2 nts' stay free at $202.14/nt. When I received the confirmation, the deductions had not been made. I called them immediately to tell them and the reservationist told me that the price shown per night was just an "average per nite". With the deductions, the cost was $283/nt x 5 nts - which equalled the cost of 7 nts @ $202.14/nt!! Where was the savings in that??

Neither the guy I spoke with nor his manager would budge on the cost, telling me I had confirmed it and there was nothing more I could do. Furthermore, the manager said that I should have reviewed the avg night cost before confirming. No such thing was shown on their site, or it would have raised a red flag if I had seen it.

In any case, I promptly cancelled the entire booking. I guess Getaroom.com would prefer to lose $1400 over $400 they should have discounted me because of their FALSE ADVERTISING.

Beware, fellow travelers! Stay far away from Getaroom.com!!

9/29/12

Absolutely awful customer service. Tried to book a room and when I hit enter, it said System error, please call or try your reservation again later. I waited a bit, tried again. Closed the browser and started from scratch, still got an error message. I didnt want to call, defeats the purpose of booking online! So I gave up and booked thru AAA for a little more. Now I look at my credit card and its been charged 4 times. Now spent an hour on the phone trying to get this worked out. Customer service rep was rude, after explaining the situation he asked what the reservation number was???- again repeated it NEVER went thru. He then argued with me that I must have hit enter multiple times- I said yes I did, the error message said try again!

9/8/12

Horrible! Accidentally booked the wrong day, through Kayak android application. immediately called to change the date and was met with the worst customer service ever. No help, rude, would not do anything to help. Would not refund my credit card either. Would just blame me. never use this site, do not use through Kayak, in fact don't use kayak...from now on will only ever call the hotel or go to the hotel website.

8/21/12

Just booked a room for the end of September at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel in New Orleans thru agent Marcia who was charming, efficient and very helpful. Actually, 5 other friends have also booked thru Getaroom.com for that weekend so I certainly hope the rest of the experience will be as good as booking with Marcia was. If not I will certainly post it here.

8/9/12

My booking in Russia seemed to go well -I was able to reserve at the hotel I had researched and wanted at a great price. Luckily, I double checked with the hotel before going - because the hotel reservation I had paid for in full was actually NOT the one that getaroom.com had confirmed - they told me they had a computer glitch and so they had booked me at a DIFFERENT HOTEL. One that I would not have picked, as it was not as nice and not in as good a location. And if I had not checked, I would have arrived at the hotel I thought I had booked with my booking confirmation in hand, and they would have turned me away. The saga goes on and on after this, but the bottom line is that I would recommend being very wary about using this company to book a room.

7/24/12

They were a disaster. We booked a room in Taos NM, but when we got to the hotel, we had no reservation and they told us the reservation number we had wasn't even one of their numbers. And they were sold out! When we got back, we found out that somehow our reservation was at another hotel in the same chain, but that couldn't have been our doing because getaroom.com gave us the address. We wouldn't have known any other place to go. When we tried to get a refund, we were told it was "company policy" at getaroom.com for us to have to do the leg work, to call the hotel and to get them to send a letter saying they wouldn't charge getaroom.com for the reservation. The hotel people thought this was nutty, but did it for us. When we sent the letter to getaroom.com, they didn't like it and wanted it worded differently. That same day, we got a call, six weeks after our original stay, saying a refund was being processed to our credit card but it might take as long as 60 days to show up. We're waiting to see what happens.

6/25/12

This is a scam. There will be NO rebate. I have called 7 times and spoke to 7 people and after 3 months all they say is "we see you are owed a rebate and we have escalated it". Imagine hearing that line 7 times. I have given up on this $25 rebate. Don't fall for their scam. I found there coupon in entertainment 2012 book. I will let them know not to allow getaroom in there next years book.

5/30/12

Quick prompt accurate and courteous service by my agent Mike! Booking this trip has been such a nightmare, but this last and final step was so seamless. I am so glad I called and booked through this site! I will now always book via getaroom.com!

5/26/12

Jeremy Wilson at get a room did a wonderful job at assisting us to get a room at MGM signature for Labor Day Weekend. He is one of the best that I have worked with.

5/15/12

I have had an absolutely HORRIBLE experience with Getaroom.com and would recommend this site to NO ONE.. What ever you do STAY AWAY!!! When we arrived at the hotel they were full and said that they had contacted getaroom.com and that we would be fully refunded.. After countless phone calls I have yet to receive the refund and now its been two whole months!!! They said that it takes up to ONE month to be refunded! This company is just aweful and if you're smart you will book your hotel from any other website! Just wanted to warn people about this fraudulent company..

4/22/12

The representative that I spoke with was so friendly that I felt like taking a trip to Texas just to visit her. The hotel in Times Square was just as described. Nothing special but clean with a perfect location. I will be using this site again. Thanks

3/27/12

I used the web and got a great price on a room in LA. There were not issue with that reservation. I then tried the number to call to get an even lower price. I was told I would save $25 off the published rate, which as actually the same rate offered directly by the hotel. I booked. No $25. I have called several times to complain but gave up as I was so annoyed. It felt like fraud. I haven't yet stayed using this reservation. Hope there are no issues as I hate calling these people. Well trained to pay no attention, or at least that is how it feels.

I travel a ton but will never use them again. Worse web experience with travel that I have encountered.

3/12/12

Booking a room with getaroom.com was a huge mistake , You wont get a room clean, No maid service because i book from this getaroom.com company. The hotel was told. This is terrible vacation if you book getaroom.com

2/8/12

Excellent price late in the day. Room was as advertised. Telephone reservations agent was polite and knowledgeable. I have used this service twice and would certainly use it again.

2/5/12

I was in the middle of an emergency with my son that was stuck at the airport. I had been trying to find a hotel around the airport that had a shuttle and could help us. I called Get A Room and the Customer Service Rep was so kind and accomodating. At one point I was crying out of flustration and fear and he told me to just hang on he would help me and it would all be ok. He put me on hold and actually called the hotel that we were trying to get into. He came back and told me the name and number of the hotel and the manager that he had talked to. We finished the transaction on the phone at finally at 4:30 a.m. I had my son taken care of. I know I couldn't have done it without the wonderful service I received from a great employee of Get A Room. Thank You

2/4/12

I was recommended to GetARoom.com by an article on Frommers.com about the best and worst websites for booking hotels. GAR was on the "best" list, and after my one experience, I'd have to agree. After looking around on the GAR website for rooms in the Los Angeles area, I decided to call them. Ryan suggested the Double Tree in Culver City. As I was speaking with him, I looked up the hotel's reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to go ahead with the booking. I think I asked about the cancellation policy rather than him bringing it up, but I was told there would be a $25 cancellation fee. I still went ahead with the booking. I received the amazing rate of $408 for six nights. Once I receive the $40 rebate which was promised, it will make the nightly rate about $60, which is much less than booking directly through the hotel. Also, by joining Hilton Honors, the $15/night parking fee was waived and free internet access was provided. It was a great hotel and a great stay.

2/3/12

was directed to getaroom.com through kayak,.com GAR had a better rate so i booked through them. the agent Jeremy was very friendly and helpful on all aspects of our stay, even offered his direct line if we had any problems, we saved over $300.00 on our room!!! our cost for a high end suite with a view of the Vegas strip on the 29th floor was only $75!! we will defiantly use this site again!!
our only problem was that we arrived at the hotel to early (9am) but the hotel staff held our luggage and when the room was ready delivered it and even called us to let us know it was ready.

1/20/12

This was the first time I ever used this website. Everything worked out really well, and I will definitely call them again. I booked two different hotels in Vegas with them. Getaroom later called me to tell me there was a problem with the second one and that they were moving me to a different location. It turned out to be a completely remodeled place which I considered to be an upgrade, and this made me very happy!

1/12/12

Jeremy, was very helpful in getting a room for myself and 2 friends who were going to a convention and wanted to make sure the hassel of having a good place to stay near the convention center was done. He even make sure that a rollaway was reserved for us in case we needed it. Very helpful.

About Getaroom