US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

niconal

We have loved everything we've ordered and received great customer service from all sellers on this site. (in 46 reviews)

athenae

(so no seller can steal your money without a punishment, and so no one does.)
(in 179 reviews)

jenj

I usually shop through the jewelry but its great to support an artist whos selling their own stuff. (in 123 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

leslies26
1/2/14

I ordered an infinity scarf from craftsbybeck and am very pleased. The scarf is beautifully made and arrived within a few days. I highly recommend craftsbybeck.

kellyl24
12/31/13

I have placed several jewelry orders with Etsy but, I am done with them because, I feel that it is too risky.

Many of the sellers have professional jewelry photos for their store and in this case the jewelry that they make rarely looks like the photos. They are using photos that are representing a similar product but, the photos don't depict the actual products that they are making, themselves. The stores that I have ordered from that have obviously, taken photos of the jewelry that they made, were fine.

I have also, received a silver ring when I had ordered a rose-gold ring. It wasn't worth it for me to send back because, they weren't a US-based store.

You can't trust that the metals used are of the composition advertised. KetiSorelyDesigns is very bad. I ordered what was suppose to be a "gold-filled" necklace and it was not! It was badly tarnished before it was even worn!!

I have a few orders that I was pleased with but, overall I find it way too risky. There is only one store I may order from, again as I was pleased with the products and she shows actual photos of the jewelry that she has made.

robertj45
12/23/13

My fiance told me that rather than buy her jewelery/clothes I can just get her an ETSY GIFT Card.

I have only used this service once and it was to buy her a purse. But I decided to get her a gift card so she can get herself something nice (along with the stuff i got her).

I did this 6 hours before I left town as I assumed ETSY is a remotely proffesional organization and i would get my gift card confirmation (for printing so I can wrap it up in a box; because 1/2 the fun of getting a gift is opening it) within a few minutes. EVERY organization I have dealt with that uses online transaction from Amazon all the way down to local community theaters and businesses usually have a turnover time of a few minutes. 6 hours later with 100 things to do I am checking my inbox for the stupid ETSY GIFT Card; it is still in processing.

Since I am literally out the door in 10 minutes I am just assuming ETSY took my money and will write her a note explaining how unproffesional ETSY is and that I got her a gift card (I have the processing email) but ETSY is SO SLOW that i do not have the actual gift card (hopefully she understands).

Sadly she wanted to get some gifts for wedding guests via ETSY but I am going to make sure we do not deal with them; the last thing I need is to deal with this BUSH LEAGUE organization again for our wedding.

So yeah. Thanks ETSY for disapointing someone I love at Christmas. I will make sure you do not turn our wedding into a farce ! ! ! ! If you can not handle a simple Gift Card Transaction one only knows how awful it will be actually dealing with you trying to get physical gifts.

I would reccomend people buy gift cards from reputable businesses like Amazon or a local jewelry or vintage store as ETSY is a picture of UNPROFFESIONALISM and WEAK CUSTOMER SERVICE (that do not even have a phone contact).

bonnieb32
12/21/13

Wonderful down home experience time after time. Etsy people are honest and from my experience professional and fast shipping. 5 stars on communication as well. I will never go to eBay again after finding Etsy

peterj46
12/16/13

Order an item from Twinnsie shop, i paid an additional £20 for priority shipping which should have taken 3-4 days from US to UK.....item still not arrived over two weeks later . Terrible service ..... never use again!

joem85
12/12/13

HORRIBLE. I requested to cancel and item with no response. No customer service AT ALL! Very frusturating. I luckily got ahold of paypal and they are refunding my purchase in 10 days if the seller doesn't respond by them. I hope paypal sticks it to them and charges them extra. It's the best personalized jewelry shop. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!! Stay away from this site people. Don't be fooled by the fake "good" reviews. It's etsy bots, and etsy employees trying to make themselves look good under the guise of "reviewers".

leel33
12/4/13

I was a seller on Etsy for 4 years, 4000 sales and 100% feedback. They shut me down for "infringement" for using the words "inspired by". I did not use images but used colors similar to characters. This happened while my shop was on vacation and items were unavailable to view to the public. I was a sucker for paying hundreds in fees every month when all these 20 cent listings with high shipping are obvious fee avoidance. Not to mention all the blatant copyright listings Etsy is making money off of each time an item is listed and each time an item sells. When I asked what I could do to reopen my shop they told me they take this issue very seriously. I hope they didn't type that with a straight face. Search "Minnie mouse" on their site and 49,000+ items come up......very serious I see.......what a joke!

lisah61
12/3/13

I paid for an item in the 7th November it was dispatched on the 21st and still not received it. I have sent various emails to them and they have ignored my messages. This present was for my daughters birthday.

mamaknowsm
11/27/13

I am a frequent buyer on Etsy, and also a seller. Much of what is shared in the way of reviews here and on other such review sites is the result of an organized group of disgruntled sellers who shout they are leaving to Zibbet if Etsy doesn't make changes. Of course, they go to Zibbet where it is 'friendly', and then realize they are making no sales. Then they bash Zibbet, and return to Etsy. It's all just a bit ridiculous.

rebeccak9
11/27/13

I ordered something on October 25. Says it was shipped on the 19th, but still hasn't arrived. I paid for 2 day shiiping service.

ellm
11/22/13

Ive ordered several things from several different stores and individuals on etsy. I LOVE IT. Ive never had any issues

msn2
11/13/13

BUYER BEWARE! lots of fake metals on etsy! some of the more thriving sellers falsely misrepresent their jewelry as being "copper", "silver", "gold" etc. when in fact it is only a zinc alloy or other fake that is the same color of the genuine metals. This isn't ok with etsy nor with the laws.
there is a Materials section on each listing, and they are supposed to tell what the actual metal or materials are. over the years I have seen MANY instances or whole shops that are full of the fake descriptions. yet these shops have high volumes and i can only surmise that it is because their buyers think they are getting real metals instead of worthless alloy.
I know whereof I speak as i am very familiar with the jewelry parts that are commonly on the market for designers to use, and i have easily identified or even bought some of them on etsy.
It isn't fair for honest sellers that disclose their real material, to have to compete with the dishonest liars who falsely state their materials. it makes a lot of difference as to whether someone will buy or not. The liars know this apparently and deception is their tool for more sales and high profit margin. The fake alloys are super cheap to obtain for parts. the real deal is not. The buyer will often not know the difference by sight. Some of the biggest offenders are "bronze", or "antique" metal colors. They are very often not the genuine metals at all but zinc alloys with fake colored outer layer.
So it's best to always send a convo to the seller to find out directly from them what the real actual metal is. If you pin them down they may sometimes tell you the truth. You might need to test your jewelry metals after you buy them too.

susand23
11/10/13

I have had mostly great purchases on this site. The format is user-friendly. The only drawback is that there is way too much on the site. A bit overwhelming.

amberg9
11/10/13

I'm pulling my store after 3 great years. I just had the worst buyer experience, Etsy has overturned my policies, and is confusing and upsetting the buyer.

Do not offer custom orders, there are no non refundable policies, only no returns sort of

Do not offer payment plans, there are no non refundable deposits and those paying late are so inexperienced at ordering they can't comprehend how this effects their deadlines

Do not give overt time and personal attention during customer service, Etsy does not factor it into disputes.

Sad that according to these disgruntled buyers, they are running into shady sellers. Sellers are running into shady buyers. It's neither fun for clients, nor worth it for sellers anymore. Let Etsy turn into a buyers direct version of Alibaba.com

cl5339
11/8/13

Etsy sellers are untrustworthy and etsy does nothing to patrol them. I bought handmade baby blankets for my new baby by MyWoobyandMe. Beware Buyers! The seller Chris didn't follow up after payment and then said she was behind on orders when she finally returned my emails. She then'sent' the blankets - but the shipping number was a fake. Because I was polite and waited I had missed the cut-off to complain. I saw in her feedback similar recent issues but i was shut out of leaving feedback. i left a message with Etsy as i feel its a systemic issue with the seller taking buyers money and not delivering products - but have never had a response from etsy. There is no recourse for the seller who took my money and got away with it! Others will be ripped off too if they are polite and waited like I did.

meganl10
11/8/13

Worst site. Next to no customer service. Sellers take your money than take their sweet time shipping. One seller managed to mess up my verified address. The item was being returned to sender. Seller Never responded to inquiries about the trouble with shipping. I had to open a case with Etsy to have my order refunded.

I am currently waiting 7 days for a seller to ship an item. I thought id give them one last try. This is it. I will stick to Amazon. Etsy needs to do a better job of holding these sellers to a higher business standard. I will blast this site everywhere I can until they change.

brendaw20
11/8/13

I;m a seller on Etsy and an artist that sells some original works of art as well as custom made crafts. I had my account suspended twice for selling what they called endangered animal jewelry (even though it wasn't on their list) , I tried to explain this but they suspended my account until the item was removed. Long story short , the item I was made to remove is still being blatantly sold by other sellers. When I asked about this , I was told they'd look into it and nothing was ever done to the other sellers. I was also told I could "snitch" on the other sellers if I wanted to , but what am I the Etsy police ? They banned my item and couldn't do anything to anyone else for the same thing. Shady site and as soon as the New Year comes in , I'm closing my shop there. Not a good experience, more stress than anything else and not from customers but from Etsy itself.

kayj6
11/8/13

CONSUMERS BEWARE! The last two purchases I've made on this site were never shipped. I spent so much time communicating with ETSY and Paypal just to get a refund. I'm still trying to get a refund for an item that was never shipped in which I paid for. I've decided this site isn't worth it. Consumers should not have to deal with poor service over and over again at this unprofessional and incompetent site.

ellenz1
11/7/13

I bought a $1100.00 dresses custom made from texas, the etsy store went out of business next day after I paid, contacted etsy and they did nothing other then telling me to open a case but were not responsible for the furniture store!Called my CC and open a dispute,
btw, the etsy invoice says shipped on sunday 11/3 and etsy tells me to wait 5 weekdays , contactes the seller several times never got back to me,
Scammmmmmmmmmmmmmm

annar25
11/6/13

Etsy has everything and everything you could ever need. Their sellers are very polite, and get back to you as soon as you need them to. They have the greatest items for gifts, decor, outfits, absolutely EVERYTHING! :) I would recommend Etsy to anyone and everyone. There are so many original pieces of work out there to purchase, I can't believe that this website isn't more popular!

angelaa14
11/6/13

COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT!!! I will never purchase from their website again. I purchased 4 items from a seller - my acct info said they shipped, but I never received them. I gave it sometime because I live in Hawaii. I sent 3 messages to the seller via the Etsy website and never received a response. I then discovered that the seller's page NO LONGER EXISTS! I emailed Etsy, and they responded A WEEK later saying that my option to open a case has expired. So, they are doing NOTHING about it other than "noting this matter in the seller’s account and investigating their practices further". But I get no refund. Wow. Sorry, but that's completely unacceptable.

michaels144
11/5/13

Still not quite there in terms of customer service and providing the information a customer needs when making a purchase.

sjc
11/2/13

they closed my shop down before I even opened my shop. I had barely made an account and they just shut it down. I have emailed them 5 times and not a single time have I received a response. this website sucks!!

lisaa36
10/30/13

Horrible. They close your shop for no reason instead of focusing their attention on the resellers. They make so much money and consider themselves "professional" yet they don't even have a contact number. Artfire and other handmade sites are WAY better. Also, I suggest making your own website.

michelek14
10/25/13

I contacted this shop on Etsy to have custom made earrings. They would have been exactly like ones shown but smaller. I did not here anything back so I wrote again and was extremely nice saying I understand if something unusual was going on & maybe that is why she did not get back to me. I received a reply that the seller had written me but never sent her response and she apologized so I gave her my business. We agreed on the size, stones, & the color of the silver. I would have gladly paid in advance but she did not ask for me to as she did not know how much she was going to charge yet because of the amount of supplies she would need. She never contacted me back & I was patient. I had explained that they were to be a birthday gift & I needed them by a certain date but because she forgot to send the original message I could give them for Christmas. I sent one last message canceling my order & told her that that was no way to do business. Not one word back! After reading what some sellers & buyers are saying on this forum I am not as excited about there products any more. I will definitely check out Ebay before I buy anything again. I am working with someone new who has been great so far but I still don't have my earrings nor have I seen what this new person has come up with so fingers crossed she is going to come through.

teat4
10/21/13

Etsy is a great site when it works, but be warned: it filters out bad reviews. And good luck finding any justice when things go wrong.

When I bought from a seller (etsy/shop/phunkyfresh), they promised to ship by a certain date and deliver by a certain date. After missing both deadlines, I emailed but got an automated "Vacation" response. They charged my credit card, didn't ship, and refused to respond to my emails until I opened a "case" with etsy. This case process sends your complaint to the seller and it's the next step after emailing doesn't work. Immediately I was given a refund by the seller. I guess they weren't on vacation. But still no message about what happened.

Here's the problem.

There's no way to review the seller if you cancel an order after having a bad experience. So if you get treated like dirt, good luck letting other users know about the seller.

Gee, I wonder why my seller has 5 stars. Could it be because Etsy doesn't allow negative reviews on cancelled orders.

lannea
10/17/13

Not a big fan~! Etsy is getting way to large to even navigate. Kinda discouraged and confused by the whole thing really.

theaf1
Apprentice Reviewer
10/14/13

Poorpoorpoor. I recently want a decoration ring. I googled and I went to etay. Bad experience with that! The customer service even did not want to talk to me. When I asked, "Do you have other pics of the ring from different angles?" She said yes. And then I waited, waited and waited. She did reply. Then I asked," Could you please show me ??!" Then she gave me one pic. eh.... I then asked again when I did not know how to make my payment," How shall I make my payment?"(I am the kind with no much online shopping experience) Shen then said, "Steps are clearly posted on our site." ... What have I done to deserve this? I just want a ring! This is ultra contrast to what I have experienced at Persundresses.com. They treated me like a respected guests. Custom services were so considerate. I thought I will never come back again, no matter how fabulous the products are. So depressed. Damn!

surenn
10/13/13

I am an artist Myself and all I do only original painting, honest and true art, never repeat the same painting second time and do not complain at all! Etsy is a great place tosell real art and I agree there are many "fake:" artists,,, You just need to read more about artist, can write emails... If you buy art you will never buy factory garbage... There is a real art too for people who knows how to find art.
Mys tore name is OriginalOnly
Best,
Suren

janinem1
10/12/13

I am a Top Rated Seller on Ebay with 100% positive feedback on over 800 sales. However, Etsy closed my shop erroneously and will not allow me to reopen it, even though I had 100% positive feedback. My craft is whole some. yet a member of their staff has a smut nudity shop on Etsy. How can they justify this? I hope they go bankrupt. I won't buy anything on Etsy and will never recommend it.

amyw41
10/11/13

Store name: Pinataville.

This lady is a scam artist. She doesn't meet her ship deadlines, then when buyers leave her negative reviews on Etsy, she has them removed. She lies to customers - period. Do not buy a pinata from this woman, no matter what she promises.

maryh48
10/7/13

I've been working with Etsy for awhile now and not doing too bad. Last month I needed to send a box to London. (I'm in the US)I needed to add $$ to my account to purchase the shipping labels ($154.00) After 3 attemps (2 were mistakes) I finally did it correct on the 3rd try. I then cancelled the 2 mistaken shipping labels, knowing that I would eventually receive my money back.
Well USPS returned my moneys to Etsy, But Etsy will not return it to me.
They are KEEPING my $154.00 and said it will be put on my credit.
I don't know what else so do.

johnad
10/3/13

As a former seller on etsy, I am vehemently protesting their corporate decision to allow mass manufacturers on the site. Unbelievably, they have decided to change the definition of "independent handmade" to include items designed and put together in a far-away factory that has not been vetted for child labor/sweatshop conditions. There are other sites that support independent artisans and have some ethics -- BOYCOTT ETSY.

x-etsys
10/2/13

Too many changes and rules now apply after Etsy used sellers to build their site, NOW, they want to eliminate most of their sellers who are trying to make it. It reminds me of Obama himself trying to do his best destroying this country and trying to take over the world. Well, I guess Etsy made enough money that they dont need most of their sellers anymore. The woman who has only been selling on Etsy for only 2 years who made that video I think she's trying to take over but, I know Etsy will lose many sales over this but, that's up to the CEO. That's OK because one day the rich will fall and I guess that lands Etsy in that category too.

If there was a place where I can leave only 1/8 of a star rating, that's the rating I'd leave for Etsy.

mattl28
10/2/13

In a word, dire. Of late they've resorted to allowing the sale of mass produced goods. It's lost its way and is a shadow of itself several years ago. Constant changes to the interface and procedures leave sellers and buyers alike confused and frustrated. We're closing our very successful store after the latest announcement and will not be returning. The current CEO wishes to take the site down what the vast majority of sellers (those who haven't been institutionalized) believe to be a very stony road. Hand made? Don't sell here, you're a bit late for boom time.

carolh19
9/30/13

Worst ever experience with etsy , they closed my shop , I am a craft-man i design and make bags originally but without any info Etsy closed my shop and they are not responding to me
Worst ever business tricks they use

jessicas39
9/18/13

I hear everyone disliking Etsy, but as a buyer I was fairly pleased. Shipping time varies and sometimes it's a little pricey, but that's what we pay for custom jobs. I have bought several things from several different people and I have been more than satisfied with each one. There was even one that caught an error of a tank top they made me before they even shipped it and just sent me both for no extra charge. It's really a matter of reading the reviews of the seller first rather than the website.

giob
9/18/13

Overpriced MADE IN CHINA, be smart there are millions of websites selling online same items cheaper price.

monicas12
9/14/13

I bought a product from these two stores .http://www.etsy.com/shop/4everstore?ref=l2-shop-info-name and http://www.etsy.com/shop/MasquerademaskStudio?ref=l2-shop-info-name paid a good amount for the two mask I bought for my High School Prom. As I was browsing through online I found the same sellers on Ebay and Amazon selling it for Half the cost I paid for it. I was Furious!! This website is a scam these two stores are not real artist they are SCAMMERS and should be banned for being dishonest to customers. BEWARE STAY AWAY FROM ETSY they do not protect us customers at all. They only care about making their millions and no customer support at all.

zoev
9/10/13

I have been a seller on Etsy since the beginning and for the last 2 years I have seen the implementation of a dictatorship like system, the coming of Chinese resellers with mass produced junk, muzzling of complaining sellers by repressive measures like banning from the forum and shops arbitrarily taken down.
Favoritism is rampant as well and if your are not part of the "privileged cast of sellers" you will suddenly and helplessly see your livelihood and years of hard work go down the drain with 60% or more of your monthly income disappear. Etsy manipulates your store visibility and control what you sell to the dollar. YES, THEY CAN AND THEY DO!!!
The new search engine is an enigma. The admin's favorite sellers are mysteriously and ALWAYS more relevant than the others in the search results, establishing an obvious dominance and by the same token enjoy the advantage of a free promoting tool while most sellers become invisible, no matter the "relevancy", quality and number of items in their stores. A bias search engine with an agenda?
These same privileged/favorite sellers can also infringe copyright laws with impunity and Etsy turns its head the other way.
Customer service/support is inexistent and limited to email but if and when you are lucky enough to be granted an answer to your inquiry, it is a condescending and/or mean one.
Recently Etsy has removed the dual feedback system and implemented a one way and arbitrary star review, leaving sellers at the mercy of dishonest buyers.
The last five months Etsy has multiplied its testings on thousands of unsuspecting stores and many sellers have seen their income slashed to nothing while the "privileged cast", under the Etsy protectorate, is enjoying an exponential multiplication of their sales.
For the past 2 years and particularly for the past months Etsy has taken away the livelihood of many, ruined families and destroyed lives without even a flutter of hesitation.
Etsy has become a heartless entity devoid of compassion and moral ethics. It has fallen to the level of the big corporations where bribery, corruption and repression are prevalent.
Wouldn't it be time for a class action lawsuit?

freda20
9/10/13

Uses hard working artisans as a front for their resellers and drop shippers. Many front page items are mass produced and found on Alibaba and DH Gates. Staff is immature and imconpetent. Valid concerns are dismissed. No customer service and I mean none! No one to call, emails are rarely answered. Often complaint issues are brought to the forums Etsy solution is to remove these concerns. They now deem every issue as against their TOU. They have a staff member named Rob White who shuts down threads on a regular basis with no seeming justification other than to save face for Etsy. Etsy has dessicated small shops owners for pointing out system/security flaws and administrative blunders. Fascism lives and it's new home is Etsy.

annetted3
9/9/13

It was an ok experience. For the most part all my items were great. I did have someone scam me out of $150 and they refused to help me. All they did was close the person's shop in an attempt to make them talk to me but the never did. I had to go through my bank to get my money back. If you need a refund, don't count on Etsy to help you. They're just a middle man who doesn't care much about their consumer base. They need to implement better protocols for these issues, or at least preventative measures.

terrym50
9/6/13

Etsy is nothing but a tidal wave of mass resellers selling factory pieces from China. Non-existent customer service, Nazi-like treatment of sellers, punishes sellers for free speech and even just asking a question. Bold face LIES. Etsy promotes Factories and ignores Handmade Artists. The new star system is broken (buyers can't leave any feedback since the change) and Direct Checkout Scam are just the iceberg we all needed to leave. Leave Etsy now if you are a handmade Artist. Leave them with the Chinese Factory crap. Indiemade and Zibbet are waiting for you with open arms.

jenniferd23
9/4/13

Stay away from Etsy!!!. I have been a seller or should I say had been a seller since 2009 and was growing my little side business slowly on Etsy until one day I could call it my full time job! This made me so happy that I could finally do what I love.

Well this all ended 3 weeks ago when they shut my shop down without even letting me know. I send multiple emails asking for help and received a response that I need to pay my bill and my shop would be reopened. I was so embarrassed that I had forgotten to do that and apologized and paid it right away. Well I have now sent over 15 emails saying that I paid my bill and they to this day have never sent anything back or reopened my shop.

I truly feel that Etsy is playing God and has no remorse as to what they do to people and their source of income. They are changing the way they do business and I no longer wish to be apart of that. I predict that this site will in the future only sell supplies and no truly handmade items.

Never open a shop with Etsy as if you do you will never really own your business, they will always own you!!!!

donnaj7
9/4/13

Too many unneeded changes and poor customer service. No phone support, not late night support, poor communication with sellers.

ms103
8/30/13

The Untold Truth about Etsy Etsy Inc. is NOT BBB ACCREDITED!! DO NOT BUY OR SELL from ETSY!!! YOU WILL REGRET FOREVER!!!! Etsy was a place to shop for handmade items, however, lots of things have changed since the day they opened in 2005. Lots of people has been experienced that Etsy has either shut down their shops or deactivate their account. They said they sent emails to you regarding copyright issues or no reasons at all. However, they never did, but they will never listen to what you have to say, no matter what. There are more than 30,000 items on Etsy as the same thing as they accuse you of copyright; however, they still allow those 30,000 sellers selling the items. WHY?..... Because most of them are resellers that make lots of sales by reselling items from China, India, Asia, etc. The more sales those resellers make, the more money Etsy will make. WOW, Etsy can't even match up on what their web site is for - HANDMADE NOT RESELL!!! You can't even call them either. There is a phone number on the website; however, there is not even a live person to answer your call, only the recording. You can leave as many messages to them. They will NOT return your calls at all. You can only email them - they will take FOREVER to return your email. You can send a email to their CEO - Chad $#*!erson (chad@etsy.com) but will never get a reply at all. He may be only reply on those who want to interview him and DO NOT CARE for his customers at all. WARNING: DO NOT open a shop at Etsy; otherwise you will never know when they will SHUT YOU DOWN!!!! They don't care this is your only job and only income to support your family for food, to pay rent etc. They will just SHUT YOU OFF FOR NO REASONS GIVEN!!! WORST WEBSITE COMPANY in the whole world. DO NOT BUY OR SELL THERE, you will regret FOREVER!!!! When they close your shop down, they don't even allow you to buy from them. Wow, they really don't want customers at all. If you sell there, how can you get more customers?? You can't even say anything bad regarding Etsy on their Forum on their website, they will mute you means you can't participate in the forum or they will shut down your shop to shut you off. Wow, can't even have your own opinion!! Just do a search on Google on "Etsy Complaints", you will see too many of articles regarding them. You can report those shops violate the "Etsy Policies", however, if they are power sellers - mean they make many sales, Etsy will not care, it will just let it go since Etsy is in it for the money not anything else. Here are some of the websites of many complaints and there are many more:
Please file any complaints regarding Etsy to the Attorney General in New York:
Or with the Better Business Bureanu
Http://www.bbb.org/new-y…

suhanaa
8/30/13

I am quite happy and satisfied with Etsy. I haven't bought much though....or rather I should say that I have till now bought hand made jewelery from one seller.

She is good and offers authentic stuff. Shipping too is on time, stuff is nicely packed and all jewelry comes in gift boxes (an extra bonus!!).

Her shop name is myglitteringworld and she also recommends few shops to buy other stuff like painting, paper decor, etc. Since shopping has been a good experience so i guess has some good sellers too.

noty
8/28/13

I was a seller, up until they instituted star ratings, released my buyers' information publicly, and decided to try to kill all payment options with the exception of DC.

I'm not a seller now. I moved on to a much, MUCH greener pasture--I built my own site from scratch. Namaste, Etsy.

ar4869
8/23/13

Ask me a month ago, and I was a prophet for ETSY. They made it easy for me to list my products, arranged my payments, brought in customers, and I could print my shipping labels from the site itself. I was okay paying their fees, because it was less work for me. I was a sucker.

I had a shop for nearly 2 years selling hand made crocheted items. I had 100% positive feedback, used all my own images for my listings, shipped every item and worked with my buyers to handle my own refunds so they would not bother etsy. Like all other shops, I paid my bills on time and really caused no trouble. I got a notice that one of the items in my shop was deactivated for copyright infringement (a white cat hat with big, colored eyeballs, but I put a red bow on it) from Sanrio. It's aggrivating, because I never used the search criteria for hello kitty, and my hat looked nothing like the cartoon character (it was modeled after my nieces cat, a hat I had made for her birthday!). Other searches for Hello Kitty brought up 1000's of listings. It was the red bow, I was told, was what was copyrighted. Shortly afterwards, my entire shop was deactivated and I was to provide proof, receipts and photos of my work in a certain amount of time. I provided all that they asked, and still never got access back to my shop.

I got tired of waiting, and created a sub account for myself to relist all my items on again, and within 24 hours, the new shop was suspended. I used a completely new email, new shop name, new credit cards linked to a new address, new paypal, everything. I even changed my name, to my married name rather than maiden like my previous shop. I was set up to being a whole new shop and lose my customer base and standing with ETSY just to be able to sell again. I got an email from legal that I had broken their terms of service and am now seemingly banned from both buying and selling on ETSY. There's an upcoming lawsuit against ETSY for using tracking cookies, and now I fully believe it. I left no trace that the two accounts were similar, even new IP addresses, because I did not want this to happen.

I will be taking my shop elsewhere. I could have set up my own shop on my own domain if I knew it was going to be this much trouble.

shelbym26
8/21/13

Etsy permanently terminates your shop without considering 100% positive feedback or your great selling stats, with no specific amount of violations given. This site is not worth the effort to list on. Etsy will charge listing fees, then terminate your shop with no refund or hope of reinstatement.