US Government's NSF

Tel: +1.7188557955
dns-admin@etsy.com

265 Reviews for Etsy.com

Review Highlights

I cannot even leave feedback to my last customers.

I closed my Etsy shop - they treat their sellers like cr@p.

Sent conversation to the seller asking about the item and no reply.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

7/31/13

Etsy is awesome. I often find prettier & more unique items on etsy than on regular retailers. I guess the only thing is the experience sort of depends on who on etsy you buy from, but so far it's been good! :)

7/30/13

Don't waste your time or money on this site. Another seller that never shipped the item and never responded to emails. Etsy.com provides zero support.

7/30/13

Etsy does nothing about sellers that scam customers. I bought an item that was blatantly NOT what seller claimed it to be (she even inadvertently admitted so when I asked to return it -- her reply "maybe you can fix it") but Etsy did nothing to hold this seller accountable. I guess the site doesn't care about its reputation. Also the process to deal with these issues is time consuming and confusing. Horrible experience.

7/27/13

I ordered a phone cause from etsy because my previous one had broken...the website told me i would receive it in 5-10 business days. I received confirmation of shipping on July 19th...I still have yet to receive my phone case and i have been waiting approximately three weeks for it.. I spent a good deal of money for a phone case that is taking an extremely long time to get here. I know for sure I will never order anything from this website again and I would absolutely not recommend it to anyone.

7/25/13

I recently purchased some stickers for my baby's nursery through Etsy. The product was as described and arrived at the time promised. The website is cool and there is a wide variety of products. I only wished that the shipping was free, since I spent a lot of money on the product.

7/15/13

Etsy was once well known for giving artists the ability to get their work noticed. This site has become a safe haven for individuals selling works that blatantly infringe on copyrights. I do not want to open a store on their site if they can't even protect well known copyrights from being infringed upon. Etsy's policy allows the company to turn a blind eye to completely obvious copyright infringements. A user can even come forward with information that Etsy should care about, but the site's stance is they will not move forward on the matter unless contacted via SNAIL MAIL by the original artist. This means, as long as the original artist or copyright holder never finds out, then Etsy profits.

7/12/13

So much better than Artfire. At least if you order from this site - you actually get the merchandise you pay for.

7/5/13

My wife and I ordered from this shop on etsy called "funfashionsetc", a shirt for our sons first birthday. We received confirmation that the order was complete and the bank account detailed that payment had been taken out but the woman said that she never received the payment and she was not giving us anything in return, no money, no shirt, no nothing. Although we sent her the verifications of the payment taking place. It is a shame that because of her our son cannot have wear something birthday related for his first birthday since it was so close to his birthday in finding this out. A decent human being would have approached this situation differently seeing as how we had proof that the payment in fact took place.

7/4/13

This shop "Fabulous Rocks" on Etsy, is a liability to their entire site, sellers like this should be taken off Etsy....here is all you need to know, just read the feedback they leave for their customers here

6/25/13

I love to make crafts and sell them online. This is the most popular site for selling crafts and is great if you are shopping. As a seller though, it can suck. It is hard to get started and they charge you for everything. I am not pleased.

6/24/13

I have been a buyer on Etsy.com for some time and have probably purchased over 200 items there. In general the sellers are nice entrepreneurs running their small businesses in a friendly and fair manner. Beware though, there is NO back up if you run into a dishonest seller!!!!

The Etsy team supposedly backs up buyers if there is a claim and the site even boasts that
Etsy will refund money for buyers who order items from sellers who don't ship them or if the item doesn't match what you order. NOTHING COUND BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH!

If you happen to purchase from a dishonest seller on ETSY my experience in both cases where this happened is that the ETSY staff did not support me (the buyer) at all and I ended up with a financial loss in addition to not having what I ordered.

The latest issue I had was that a seller there, Cultural Display (http://www.etsy.com/shop/CultureDisplay?ref=seller_info) sold me an antique heavy glass jadeite bowl. It arrived as shattered glass which I could hear clinking when I lifted up the box. I went to the post office and asked for help in collecting the insurance in the package which the seller had paid for. USPS opened the box in front of me and found no protective padding around the, now shattered, glass bowl. I obtained a receipt from USPS stating that they would not cover the insurance because the merchant had not used protective packaging on the item and was advised to 'refuse delivery' so that it would return to the seller.

The seller was really angry with me that I could not get USPS to cover the insurance and refused to give me a refund. So... I submitted a dispute claim to ETSY. Here is their response:

"This is Eva from Etsy's Trust and Safety team. I have reviewed this case, and it seems that the items in question have been damaged by the shipping service.

Unfortunately, in this scenario, we are not able to mediate this dispute using the case system. For this reason, I am going to close this case. "

So... the situation is that
1. the seller made a mistake in packaging resulting in a broken item
2. the post office will not cover the breakage since it obviously was not their fault
3. despite proof in the form of a USPS receipt and letter the ETSY team still found them at fault and decided I am the one that is stuck with this

Buyer beware on ETSY!!!!! And one of the sellers to stay away from is Cultural Display.

6/24/13

My daughter's store was shut down for no good reason. She has followed guidelines and knows how to give good customer service. This store is her only livelihood and no one at etsy will respond to her emails and there is no phone number. I believe from all of the complaints I have heart that etsy is making money off these sellers then yanking the stores and that is that. It's pretty shady. I think all the sellers who have had this problem with etsy should get together and sue them for a class action suit. I have advised my daughter to contact a lawyer. She is upset as she has orders still to fill and has no way to contact her buyers. This is ridiculous. And word of mouth is the best advertisement, I have nothing good to say about etsy.

6/13/13

Etsy needs to be taken down in the worst way possible. They have absolutely no regard for their sellers and shut down shops without notice or reason. I have spoken with dozens of ex shop owners whose shops were shut down without notice or reason and were never able to make contact with Etsy. There is absolutely no way to contact them other than e-mail and they hardly ever answer. They allow people to sell things such a ivory and taxidermied endangered animals yet they will shut down a shop who has one item that has the smallest chance of not being vintage (item stopped production within 1 year of being considered vintage but was made for almost a decade before that). When I sent them an e-mail they literally treated me like a criminal, putting me and my shop down and acting as if I were dirt, not a hard working shop owner who's profits were her sole form of income. Please, do not sell through Etsy, they are cold-hearted rotten money suckers who only care for themselves. There are plenty of other online marketplaces who will be much kinder to you.

6/6/13

I had a store on Etsy. I made handmade hemp jewelry, headbands, beaded jewelry and recycled old magazines and made them into buttons, keychains, bottle openers and compact mirrors. Explained in my listing that the pictures are from old magazines and that I was "upcycling" them. In each listing, I went on to explain that I was not the owner of the picture and that they were from old magazines. However, Etsy said they received way too many complaints about the pictures, I received a total of 3 emails from Jason about the pictures, they closed my store. I reopened it with new store name, new shipping information, etc. I received an email from Jason stating that they closed my store, without notice because of my previous store and all the complaints that were received.

Contacted my attorney who looked at a previous listing and said that since I explained that since I added this, "Note, all photos have been cut out of old magazine issues as a way of recycling them. I claim no credit for any images posted on here unless otherwise noted. Images on here are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing in this listing that belongs to you and do not wish for it to appear on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly be removed" I was pretty well covered. We both then tried contacting Jason, through emails, asking for all of those emails that were sent complaining about the pictures that I had listed and have not heard from him. I never had a problem with being a buyer or customers, just with Jason. Guess I will be looking for a new site, any suggestions out there?

5/29/13

I got scammed! Etsy doesn't require sellers to send tracking info with shipping confirmation! I have been waiting 5 weeks for an item and the seller keeps giving me the run around! Etsy has no phone support just email, which does little to no help. Bad site.. Stick to ebay!!

5/7/13

This is a hard one to review because shipping, pricing, items, are all the sellers doing, not the site.
So with that said, the site ETSY.COM itself is rather user friendly (until you get to paying). The shopping cart feature is nice to store stuff so you can keep shopping instead of doing 500 one-off purchases, you can come back and go through what you've added and remove what you don't need (or when your husband puts a limit to how many Doctor Who pillows or prints you need).
Four stars for the site because at checkout, if you are using paypal, it will not allow you to toggle between your payment menthods easily. It's an additional 10 steps which gets super annoying.

I wish they offered some type of etsy.com rewards program for buyers to get points or discounts, but they dont.

5/6/13

I order a custom made table by HomeByHandChic that arrived broken, poorly assemble, poor quality. I contact both etsy and HomeByHandChic, send them pictures and explaining my issue. Etsy told me to try to resolve my issue with the seller first. The seller will not reply to my e-mails. Etsy closed my case without any notifications. I attempted to log in into my account and was not able to. I even wrote an e-mail to the support system without results. Etsy does not support their client at all. I will never buy anything from this website

5/4/13

Etsy is run by jerks! Jason Seger, one of the owners and in charge of Legal has no brains and no integrity. The Integrity team is just set up to hassle sellers and ignore buyers. I was a seller until 10 days ago with three shops and making a full time living off of Etsy. I bent over backwards to help my customers. Etsy allows customers to leave negative feedback for items a shop can prove were received with no recourse for the seller.

Etsy shut ALL of my shops down with no warning in two of them because they claimed Pandora.com was complaining I used their name in listings for jewelry. I had Pandora write to Jason Seger at Etsy legal giving me permission but Jason will not even respond. He left all my shops closed and even pretended to have further complaints and to 'remove' offending material a week after the shops were closed. He will not answer emails at all and the Integrity team will not either. I cannot access my orders to fill those that had paid before I was shut down abruptly.

I had someone 'complain' my items were not handmade and had to go through a huge process of taking pictures while making some lace gloves with a deadline on EASTER!! Finally the rude person closed the complaint but she was so stupid, she did not understand enough about sewing to know I was making the gloves by hand even with 47 photos.

As a buyer, Etsy will not help you if you do not get an item. You have to file a chargeback with your bank. I had two shops shut down and never got a product but Etsy did nothing about it. They are very dishonest and do not follow up with good customer relations both for buyers and sellers.

5/3/13

I have been dealing with a scam artist store on Etsy named NEOLE. She promised a dress delivered with plenty of time for my daughters prom at the tune of $165. The dress arrived the very day of my daughters prom, of course we had to run out and buy her a new dress the day before knowing it wasn't going to arrive in time. I refused delivery and the post lady returned the dress, the post office shows that she (NEOLE) received the dress and signed for it, aside from the insulting, harassing and abusive messages she has sent me she is saying that she never received the dress and her "attorney" is looking into it. Still no refund. Oh and she has lied to the admin telling her that I sent the dress back to the wrong address and that she has never received it, I contacted the post office and they sent me the paper that she received AND signed for it. The admin has already told her twice to refund me but so far nothing and only her refusal to do so. Her shop is still up and running. Unbelievable

5/3/13

Worst online marketplace ever! Not only are the items ridiculously overpriced but Etsy is run by complete morons. Customer service is non-existent. And sellers also need to avoid this site at all costs. There are numerous horror stories out there about people having their shops suspended even after complying with Etsy's Intengrity Team's intrusive requests for sellers to disclose their trade secrets then having their items reproduced. Etsy also rips seller's off with listing fees as they don't refund them even if they suspend a seller's account. Tons of sellers are leaving this site because of Etsy's harassment and also their lapses in privacy such as disclosing sellers' full names on promotional e-mails instead of their shop name. It won't be long before Etsy is shut down for their shady business practices. Forcing out the people that keep Etsy up and running is a sure way of ensuring that this site will never be a successful marketplace.

4/24/13

I had a shop on etsy for over a year and they shut my shop down. I e mailed them before and after they closed my shop with no responce from etsy! customer service is just awful!!! I am selling the same items as dozens of other sellers on etsy not sure why they would shut my shop down and no one else's. again they never e mailed me back with a reason. I had all positive feedback from customers and now have my customer base using eBay and artfire! Etsy went downhill!!

4/19/13

I purchased a "vintage" dress for the first time on Etsy last week at Born to Shop Vintage. You will have a wonderful experience with the seller when you buy it, but not if you want to return it for half the price. The dress was labeled a "1930s glam dress." I was desperate to have something for an event so my mistake in not educating myself better. Dress could have come straight from Linda Evans on Dynasty-huge shoulder pads that if removed would have left tons of extra material to deal with. Could not use the dress, totally not appropriate and I asked if I could return it at a discounted price. I did not write within the two day time frame (two days-not so flexible after you have been involved with an event for 6 months). Seller was totally inflexible-wouldn't even consider taking it back at half the price. She could have made a double sale. Subsequent conversations certainly indicated she doesn't know fashion or dresses even though she has been selling for 30 years. To label this dress as "30s" style is just wrong. Talked about Art Deco which was part of architecture int he 30's, not fashion. It is the first and last time I will shop on Etsy. I think the shops are so small and sales so infrequent that they want to make a sale no matter what.

4/17/13

Customer Service is crappy- it took them 3 days to get back to me regarding a product I never received. Even then, my money was never refunded.

Bad experience, but they have some pretty nice products. I guess it depends on the seller you buy from as well.

4/17/13

You may want to check-out Storemate.com and artfire.com as good alternatives.
If you want something different try out storemate.com, I registered on storemate.com and seen some sharp increase in the traffice directed to my website.
Unlike easy and artfire they are not restricted to handmade, I get to promote to a bigger audience (all design buffs).
The best about storemate is, I get to help out my customers in real-time using their 'Talk-About' feature. Helping out with questions on custom options, shipping queries etc in realtime.
I even passed on exclusive discounts to them during these help-out sessions, which turned casual enquiries into quick sales and followers for me.
I have been Storemate's "Featured Designer" for 3 weeks, straight! ( My proud moment!) :D
Your review will help others learn about this website.

Please do not review if you are affiliated or have a conflict of interest with this website.Your review will help others learn about this website.

4/13/13

Love this website and the regular seller clinics. It's reasonably priced and a much friendlier environment than other similar web services.

4/11/13

I am obsessed with etsy and everyone on it! I love do it yourself projects and crafts so when I see the creativity that goes into some of the etsy shops out there I just get giddy.

I would have given it 5 stars but I have been having problems with the app crashing on me which is obviously frustrating.

4/9/13

I have ordered a few items from this site and I'm sure it won't be the last time. this site is amazing. A great way for crafty merchants to sell their precious handmade goods to the mass market. It can get pretty pricey, but the quality of the items are great. (depending on the store) Etsy should have store reviews.

3/26/13

It just keeps getting better! I have nothing but glowing praise as both a shopper and a retailer with 15 years of experience.

I adore this site. I have 3 storefronts on Etsy currently, and with each passing season I have seen dramatic improvements and innovations.

I first tried Etsy several years ago with only passing flirtation, not completely convinced, but with time it has become my #1 favorite for both buying and selling.

The site design is easy to use and attractive, but not overbearing as some retail sites can seem. I love the interactive potential that it offers, so people can window-shop and "favorite" items, show support of their favorite things, without feeling pressured to buy, and without feeling overly confidential about everything or worrying about a "big-brother" presence, which I have not seen any other retail site quite match up to.

Etsy seems to effortlessly straddle that fine line between retail shopping and social networking that so many other retail sites seem to stumble over and collapse. They copy but cannot seem to capture the magic of Etsy.

I sell my own handmade, up-cycled furniture art there with great success and positive atmosphere. On other sites, I felt as if I had to mask or make excuses that I was selling old stuff turned into something new, for fear of big brother's disapproval. On Etsy, this kind of artistry is encouraged. Years ago, sites like ebay had restrictive rules about selling custom goods or handmade, which are now mostly prohibited there. Etsy has become my refuge for my old-become-new art without having to write my own website, and I get immediate, fast support and search engine status just by listing something wonderful, artistic, and unique. I am not scared to put my own personality into it in public forum.

I also set up my mother with her vintage collections of pottery, glassware, collectibles, and interesting objects. And then I set up a 3rd storefront to sell my own collections of vintage toys and ephemera, which I also shop for to purchase on Etsy. And all of the storefronts we have tried there have been successful. All the sellers I have bought from there have been wonderful to deal with.

Years ago I fled ebay after being scammed terribly, which ebay only worsened and provided no support for over 2 months. I fell through the cracks there and abandoned an ebay store with great reputation of over 10 years! I would go so far as to say that other retail sites, especially ebay, through their terrible misguided corporate policies, only worsen problems and risk for buyers and sellers alike. It makes for a negative atmosphere that discourages business.

Since I have come to Etsy, it's been completely problem free. Ebay and Etsy are like night & day. Ebay is nothing but problems and a lack of support, and Etsy has been totally problem free with wonderful support. It's not just the availability or speed of support, but rather the quality of the response- on Etsy, the support is well trained with rational thinkers who treat everyone fairly and ethically. I never got that from ebay.

I had one problem as a buyer on Etsy, which was quickly resolved dealing directly with the seller. It was a case of simple mail loss, which can happen anywhere you buy or sell.
I had one claim as a seller, which was also quickly resolved through Etsy, and Etsy provided courteous, unbiased, and reasonable help and intervention. Etsy backed me in that claim by seeing that the shipping carrier's insurance was going to cover the damage and not forcing me to repay a sketchy claim in advance. The insurance did cover it, the buyer got a refund and thanked both me and Etsy, and all parties were happy. I could not be more pleased.

Compare that with ebay, who once attempted to debit my bank account without my consent for refund money that a buyer had never even paid to begin with. Ebay is SCAM CITY in my experience. I've never seen those problems on Etsy.

Aside from fair, unbiased, and conscientious dispute resolution, their payment practices far exceed what other sites offer. Since Etsy put the new creditcard shopping cart in, my sales soared! Providing customers a choice of payment methods, including old-fashioned checks/MOs, the ever-popular (but sometimes risky) paypal, and also letting them pay directly through Etsy's own creditcard shopping cart system has made a huge impact on my selling and buying there.

Many online shoppers prefer to simply enter a creditcard for payment. People do not want to have yet another account just for paying. Giving people open choices for payment has made a positive impact on Etsy. Sales over the x-mas season were fantastic and far exceeded my expectations, and many of them were direct creditcard sales through Etsy's shopping cart system, deposited directly into my bank within 2 days. It was easier and cheaper than paypal, and the buyer's loved it.

And lastly, the costs are extremely reasonable, FAR cheaper than sites like ebay or amazon. The ability to print reduced-cost postage right there on the site is extremely convenient and helps with the bottom line as well.

Tracking numbers are automatically generated and sent to the customer, and yet I can still do my postage, fedex, UPS, or freight delivery arrangements off site. Navigating sales history and receipts is a breeze.

I have nothing but good things to say. I feel safer. I feel supported. The atmosphere is open and accepting.

I have 15 years of experience with internet retail, and in my opinion Etsy has fixed a lot of the problems caused by other internet retail sites. Many of these other sites could learn a thing or two from Etsy. Thumbs up Etsy!! and THANK YOU!

3/25/13

There are good sellers and bad sellers on Etsy, but when it comes down to it, the BAD sellers out weigh the good ones. I, do have to say in the defense of a few of the good ones...they do put their heart into their product and the treatment of their customers. They would do much better by getting their own site.
As for the other Sellers, who think customers should bow down at their feet because they CLAIM to be an artist....................

This is the worst site when it comes to customer satisfaction and customer service. I strongly believe because some of these people think they are an Artist, it gives them the right to abuse customers....WRONG! I think this is where the term, "Hungry Artist" comes from! They are hungry because they lack knowledge in customer service, and they wonder why people aren't return or knocking down the doors at Etsy.
BUYERS BEWARE...do not shop here. So many of these, so called Artist, have no manners and have the attitude that they are a gift to society...WRONG AGAIN.

3/16/13

I have made about a dozen purchases from Etsy over a two-year period. In every case the product was good, but in almost every case the customer service was quite poor. I often have to wait two weeks or more for the seller to put an item in the mail, sellers argue with me when they don't like the feedback I have left (and Etsy actually encourages this!), some sellers routinely ignore correspondence, and nearly all of them blame their service failures on "a death in the family." And Etsy doesn't want to hear about any of this. My advice to anyone using the site is to pay with PayPal - they will protect your rights, whereas Etsy will not even get involved.

3/15/13

closed my shop without proper notice. 1 email in 7 days saying they are over whelmed this all over a perfume bottle,

3/6/13

I'm a seller of my own handmade jewelry on Etsy. The problem is that there are so many shops now that they claim their merchandise is Handcrafted but, if you Google some of those items you will find them on Ebay for chipper than Etsy and the worst thing is that they are mass produce in China. It's very disappointing to see that Etsy is just looking to make a buck and don't care about all hard working people.

2/18/13

rather than 5 stars for etsy this is for felicesereno who sells the most amazing vintage items. Great customer service. i am a repeat buyer and he always send out a small gift

2/16/13

Etsy Harbors Nutcases

I've had some woman who sells only "baby items" in Etsy message me via the Etsy conversations to tell me she will be reporting every item in my shop as she also sells vintage and that my items are not vintage.

I've had no dealings with this woman, I don't even know who she is, she never bought anything from my shop.

Keep in mind I sell only vintage and I have 100% excellent feedback.

The next day I can't log into my shop cause Etsy suspended it with no reason.

I responded by emailing (Etsy) to at least have them tell me which items they have an issue with and I will remove the item/s since I can easily sell them at other marketplaces with no fuss.

It's been weeks and they haven't responded as yet and I'm sure if they reinstate the account I will have to pay again to relist all those items, all because of a nutcase seller.

Why deactivate every item if you only have an issue with one or two?

If an Etsy seller can cause trouble for another Etsy seller without proof and Etsy doesn't have the balls to at least investigate this seller to see if she/he is lying because of hatred or whatever underlying reason, I guess I can return the favor too and sit in wait, buy something from this seller then later leave them negative feedback as payback.

Must I stoop to such a lowly act?

Etsy is harboring some real monsters who have nothing better to do than to cause trouble for other sellers.

I may simply shut down my account and move to another marketplace as I don't have the time to participate in such negative behavior.

Etsy is childish and so are some of these other retarded hateful sellers.

2/10/13

I had recently sent 3 seperate sellers emails about their products. I received NO responses in 10 days!! I even purchased cardstock and it was 7 days ago and have not received any communication from the seller. I am unfortunately not happy with my experience. I am planning my wedding and I am willing to give people my business, it just doesn't seem like they want it.

1/31/13

I was looking for some unique Christmas gifts and a friend referred me to Etsy. While browsing on Etsy I saw a shop called Bead A Little Bead. The shop has a lot of different jewelry pieces in it. I had ordered some angel earrings and a necklace as gifts. The jewelry was mailed out the next day with a delivery confirmation number so I could track its progress. It was well packed and came with a free gift. I would definitely recommend this shop to anyone looking for some cute inexpensive handmade jewelry pieces.

1/12/13

There are many talented artists on Etsy but also tons of resellers who make the front page every day. Big sellers bully smaller sellers and get away with it regularly. I've had both good and bad experiences buying and selling there. Bottom line, get your own website if you are a seller. Etsy owns their site and your store. NOT you. I don't know why sellers don't understand this. As a buyer, I would rather deal directly with a business on their own website and not have to give Etsy any of my money. Tons of sellers copy each other and accuse each other of doing. The sellers sound petty every time you visit the forums. Doing business there reminds me of being in high school.

1/4/13

I suppose that your experience with Etsy might depend on the people who sell the specific goods you want to buy. Personally I have only had really good experiences with Etsy.

I have mainly bought small pieces of jewelry for my teenage daughter, who loves the types of handmade things that are offered on the site. In that respect, they are better than eBay, because they are more "boutique-y." Every single thing I've bought on Etsy has arrived quickly and has been even better in-person than in the photos.

I think it's a nice alternative to eBay, and generally I have found their items to be high quality.

11/21/12

I'm kinda "Meh" about Etsy. There is so much just crap that people claim is handmade that I can tell is being pumped out of a factory oversees.
I have bought two things from Etsy and one was great and arrived and the other one the seller closed their shop and Etsy pretty much told me, "Oh well sorry no refund".

11/20/12

I just read a couple of the reviews on here and I can't believe there are people from Etsy commenting on peoples bad reviews trying to defend themselves! That right there should show you what kind of site they run! Anyway, my experience. My friend ordered customized bracalets from here for me for my birthday, it was supposed to say something to the effect of best friends and it was two bracalets that when connected spelled that out...simple right? WRONG. They stamped a t where there was supposed to be an i and then just dotted it....okay, so I get it they made a mistake, but then my friend let her know about it and asked her to just send a new half...she recieves the new half, GUESS WHAT, THEY DIDN'T EVEN FLIPPIN LINE UP! ISNT THAT THE POINT OF A FRIENDSHIP BRACALET? My friend then emailed Etsy a THIRD time saying hey I'll give you another try ya know make a whole new one and ill send you back these and do you know what they responded to her? They told her no they wont try again told her to send back the bracalets and they would refund her full price! THEY WERENT EVEN LIKE SURE WE WILL FIX THAT FOR YOU AND REFUND OR SURE WE WILL TRY A THIRD TIME TO KEEP YOU A CUSTOMER, they straight told her to send it back and they will refund. Are you FU*KING KIDDING ME! NOW IM WITHOUT A BIRTHDAY PRESENT THAT I LOVED BECAUSE OF THIS POS BUSINESS!!!!!

NEVER EVER EVER WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS WEBSITE TO ANYONE EVER!

11/20/12

Etsy is an amazing site. It has the best products especially for military family's. Orders are always completed in a timely manner correctly and respectfully. Orders have exceed my expectations.

11/6/12

Etsy has allowed me to leave my job and become a full time work at home graphic designer. I've had great experiences from my customers. Good communication is key! Thank you Etsy!

10/16/12

First, I am a seller. I have had only postive experiences in my over 200 sales. Every customer is so complimentary and easy to work with. I am paid immediately and have never had a problem in 4 years.

I have loved every item I have purchased on etsy. When buying, check sold section to see comments from other buyers. Communication with seller is easy and custom items can be accomodated. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

10/10/12

My wife ordered: Alphabet Set -Wooden Letters -Alphabet Wall-ABC Wall- Unfinished 12" to 6" letters various thicknesses from aworkinprogress off Etsy.com. The product was promised to be shipped no later than 10 weeks upon purchase. The company NEVER initiated any contact to inform us they were behind schedule. It has been 23 weeks since the purchase was made. Each time we asked about it we were told another 4 weeks or another 2 weeks. Needless to say the third time we again had to contact them and were pushed back even further. At this time, we canceled our order and requested a refund. Sherri the owner of the company was rude, and unprofessional, in one email she told my wife “to get a life”, Every time we contacted her she was rude and made excuses as to why they didn’t have our order ready. They are not only way over priced, but you may not ever receive your purchase. If you like this product it would be in your best interest to find a more reasonable vendor! They are sold at Michaels for a reasonable price!

Veteran Reviewer
9/30/12

If your looking for handmade items its great.
if your a seller then its ok , ok in the terms thats listing is cheap , but the site has little traffic , so your not going to sell a whole lot unless you have been on a while or have MANY things listed , i admire those people who sell more than 5 items a day .

9/19/12

well ... cannot even give stars ... if negative stars allowed

ETSY has no support for sellers. They send lots of messages remind you to pay bill ... but when it comes into HELP ... no reply.

ETSY loves to suspend sellers's shop without any message ... but if seller complain about buyer, they said they cannot help/

Poorest selling site ever used. I rather stick back to my ebay(although a bit expensive), and Dawanda //

9/11/12

I've been selling on etsy for about a year, have over 3000 sales 100% positive feedback. I didn't realize I have a few items (about 8 out of my 400 listings) have infringment problems! Without warning, my shop was shut down. emails or convo take 3 to 5 days for them to reply and it is short and copy directly from their "DO and DON'T" which is sometimes hard to understand. They don't even have a phone number to call if you need help. Even ebay has a customers service hotline. When I try to ask advice in the forum, they shut me down immediately! Horrible service!

8/21/12

Zero seller support from Etsy itself. They shut down our shop over a $6 discrepancy without any notification and refuse to respond to emails begging for an appeal. No info, no response, they just ignore us completely. We were top sellers last year, and they don't seem to care about the profit loss for their company or the fact that we may be on the street in a month because they completely eliminated our sole source of income. How nice is that? This is a pretty common story, apparently.

8/20/12

I LOVE ETSY! So many awesome handmade items. I've had nothing but Positive transactions from Etsy. Highly Recommended!

7/31/12

Etsy is a website where you can browse and buy mostly handmade and vintage items from various shops.I love this website and can get quite lost looking at all the very unique and amazing items for sale. If you're looking for one piece of jewelery or decor that is unique and not everyone has then this is the place for you. The only issue I've ever had with Etsy is that I had to self-ban myself from going on their website because I spend too much money. Etsy does accept Paypal (or at least all the vendors I've purchased from) and I do recommend you pay through paypal, because similarly to Ebay, I'm sure there are dishonest vendors on Etsy as well, however I have never run into it. ll in all, I think it's a great website, although quite addicting and if you're like me you may have to lock up your wallet somewhere.

The Best Art Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber