US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

amandak10

the customer service is not that bad as the reviews above lol x (in 72 reviews)

mimil5

I got my wedding dress from here, and I am delighted with it! (in 45 reviews)

jossl

I got my daughter's prom dress from them and it was so lovely and stunning given that the dress is not that pricey. (in 15 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

robertap4
4/25/15

I ordered a satin evening jacket which is very cheap looking and does not fit right. I have spent so much time trying to find out how to return it. I have submitted 3 so-called tickets, had online chats, and sent multiple emails, along with photographs that they insisted on. The final straw was the email I received this morning. They sent me detailed directions for how to take multiple measurements of the jacket. I have filed a complaint with the FTC but am pretty much resigned to accepting the loss. I am just so angry but cannot waste any more time trying to resolve this. Seems like that's their strategy and they have succeeded.

dawnh26
4/14/15

I have NEVER had a worse online buying experience!! Please RUN don't walk from this company they are a TOTAL SCAM!! It is a sweatshop in China and that is THE TRUTH!! I ordered a dress from them with a month to spare that arrived a week after my event. i would not even call what arrived a dress, it was a satin NIGHTMARE that in no way shape or form resembled the dress i ordered! YOU CANNOT RETURN their dresses (that is using the term "dress" VERY loosely) because they put NO RETURN info in the shipping BAG that comes from somewhere in China!!!

kellyb91
4/14/15

I bought a dress that looked absolutely gorgeous in the pictures.When it arrived I was horrified. The dress looked nothing like it did in the pictures! The material felt extremely cheap and the fabric looked like it was thrown together in a hurry. The worst part is that it was delivered in a box with no papers at all so I cant even return it. Biggest waste of money I have ever spent.

taraj9
4/12/15

I just purchased a lavender dress and it was supposed to be a thick flowy polyester fabric. ......BUT IT IS BLUE SATIN!!!!!!

RUN MY FRIENDS RUN away They are scam artist tryna to feed off the insecurities of American women!........I probably will never see my money again but I will warn ppl!..

RUN

leslies35
4/9/15

Dressale.com is the worst company I have ever dealt with concerning purchases online. Although their return policy states that they will return for problems, it is completely not true. The item I ordered was a totally different color than the one they sent. It is for a wedding, and so must match. It is not the color of the swatches that they say to order from, but they will do nothing to help, exchange or refund the item. They offered a "10% off coupon" for my next purchase. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! They really think I'm going to continue to order from a deceitful company who will not stand behind what they make or send? DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I just wish I had looked at the reviews before I did! I wish the ratings options included a "0"!!!

Tip for consumers: My tip for others---Don't use this site!!!!

susanj41
4/9/15

I was worried because of previous reviews.. They are all crazy! My dress is fabulous. Well made... Thick quality material. Fits like it was personally made for me. Well beyond my expectations . Seams are tight, zipper is perfect and jewels are amazing.. I'm telling everyone. I didn't need to talk to customer service.. Dress arrived on time as expected, even though it was Easter weekend,, nice surprise

dianad24
4/6/15

I order a lot of stuff online, including clothing. I have never had someone refuse to let me send the product back. When I got the dress it was made too small, couldn't even get it zipped. The shoulders were not even so the dress would not lay down - and the lace they used was so itchy, even if it did fit I would be miserable all evening at my daughters wedding. I tried working with customer service and their only answer is ' it passed their quality check' - I would hate to see the ones that don't pass their check.

BEWARE - do not order from here as there is no way to return if it doesn't fit or isn't what you thought you ordered. The price may be cheap but I'm stuck with a dress that I can't wear.

lizh16
3/28/15

They sent my dress, I honestly had no issues with it. Months went by and I got a strange email saying they reimbursed my account (which they have not) and now want me to mail the dress back to China. I have now received three threatening emails that they are going to post my personal info on social media if I don't mail the dress back. FRAUD!!!!!

yvettet3
3/24/15

BEWARE!! I made a big mistake ordering from dressale.com!!!!! The dress looks nothing like the picture. And I asked Benny several times if the dress had sequins. I was told there would be NO! sequins! This dress has rows of cheap, ugly silver sequins!!!! Also, I ordered a IVORY dress!! The dress I received is WHITE!!!! Horrible!!! Benny responded to my frantic emails about the sequins and continues to tell me the dress doesn't have sequins.....I'm looking at the ugly dress!!!! IT DOES HAVE SEQUINS!!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THIS SITE!!!

susanh99
3/19/15

I ordered a gown on Feb 6th... it arrived on March 17th. The gown picture and description was exactly what I wanted but, what I received was a hot mess!!!! The color I chose was fuchsia in a chiffon fabric. The gown I received was two colors, fuchsia and purple!! What a scary combination!! The fabric was crisp and hard not filmy and flowing the way chiffon is supposed to be. The workmanship was the worst I have ever seen, gathers where there should not be gathers, puckering at the base of the back zipper which was extremely difficult to open or close because of fabric getting in the way. The edges of the ruffles were full of machine stitching snags.. it was without a doubt the worst mess I have ever seen. I would not wear this dress anywhere!!! The $170.00 is gone,, I don't have a hope of getting any of it back! Before ordering anything, make sure it is not coming from the People's Republic of China!!!! Lesson learned for sure.

Tip for consumers: Find another dressmaker, one who answers correspondence and perhaps more local would be a great idea!!

elizabethe25
3/16/15

I read some bad reviews about dressale and also some good reviews, too. Though hesitate for some time, I made the order after livechatted with Jick. He guarantee me the quality and the delivery and offer me a coupon code 2SSALE in this case my order was treated in priority. After receiving the dress. The women in my family are excited and overcome with the high quality of the dresses. I don’t know how you can supply such excellent quality products for the price and also manage to supply the product in such short time. We are looking forward to the next time we have to order clothing from you, keep the excellent work up and thank your staff for us. If anyone wants to contact me, please email to elizabeththepretty@outlook.com. I am real!

es702
3/16/15

Never purchase from dressale.com
They will cheat you out of your money at every chance they get. You have no way to protect your purchase because paypal will say they do not cover the purchase from dressale.com and the dressale.com customer service personel can tell you anything they want and then decide to do something totally different just because they can. We ordered dresses after talking to one of their so called representatives ahead of time about the flexibility to cancel. They agreed to give us flexibility supposedly but it was an empty promie. They ended up taking 17% or better of our money when we were rightfully due to receive a full refund. If you want to safely purchase items online through this website, we highly suggest you look elsewhere because dressale.com will take your money without so much as a second thought and they will do it without a justified reason. I will never recommend dressale.com. In fact, save yourself the headache and find a site that actually cares about helping you fairly and safely order dresses online.

Tip for consumers: Never purchase from dressale.com

valeriev6
3/10/15

I purchased what looked like a beautiful dress at Dressale.com. The dress arrived in a timely manner and with great excitement I opened the package. There is only one word to describe the dress. NASTY!! The top of the dress did not match the bottom of the dress in color. The lace used looked like it was an old yellowed curtain taken off of Grandma's windows back 60 years ago. There were runs in the material where they stitched all the way through and shouldn't have. The satin under layer was doubled and than sewn together at the bottom, but they wouldn't even lay flat due to the material not being of the same length. The lace hung over the bottom in an uneven mess no side matching the other. The back straps of the dress were unevenly put on so one strap hangs off the shoulder while the other stays on. The sash for the dress is over 15 foot long. And the dress drags on the floor by about 3 inches. A total disaster of a dress!! The only response I have gotten to my multiple emails is "on your next purchase we will give you a discount." NEXT PURCHASE? Are they out of their mind? I will never buy from them or recommend that anyone else do so!! If there was a rating of 0 stars dressale.com would deserve it!

Tip for consumers: Do not purchase anything at dressale.com. Customer service is horrible as is their workmanship and the quality of their materials.

dinag2
3/3/15

I have only written one bad review, I have always believed in leaving positive feedback not negative. I had such a bad experience with this company that I felt compelled to write the second one. I ordered a dress which to start with arrived late and damaged. I asked for a refund on the dress and my request was denied. I then requested a discount for the damage seeing as I would have to have the dress fixed on my own. That as well was denied. A 10% discount was offered for the late arrival and a 10% discount for a future purchase. I was told in an email that

"About the compensation,since we are custom made and the cost which included the materials,workers salary ,all kinds of handling fees,etc. is a bit high,the profit is quite low.Besides,it takes more than 10 days to make a dress and the workers' wages is not as high as that in your country,they live an uneasy life,hope you will understand."

Why would I shop again with this company? The customer service is horrible and the quality of the dress was unacceptable. If you want to waste your money and get aggravated purchase something from this company. I had to dispute this charge to get my money back. The $30.00 I spent to ship it back to China was the best money I have spent.

angelp15
3/2/15

Just received my wedding dress today. Took longer than I thought to arrive, but my wedding is not till sept so I'm still way fine. Ordered my dress, then found these reviews, which turned me in to a big mess believing my dress would be junk. Thankfully my dress is outstanding, good workmanship, fits like a glove, beautiful crystal embellishments sown on, I am so relieved. There are are what appears to be minor differences , but I actually like them better. The dress was on sale and it cost me $200, I couldn't have bought the material for that much. Not only that, when I ordered the dress I did so on my tabletand did not notice that the flowers were pink until almost 2 weeks later. Not going to work with my cream, green and brown wedding. Customer service worked with me quickly to make the change.

whitneya5
3/1/15

I have to give them a one, but if it were up to me I'd give them negative 1 million... I ordered my daughter's flower dress from here. I paid $145 for it. When it came in the mail it was not the correct color. With being strapped for time due to the shipping taking over two months, I hurriedly contacted a private bridal shop that can dye delicate fabrics. Upon arriving to the shop, we turned the dress right-side out (it was shipped inside-out) and it was HORRID. Looked absolutely NOTHING like the picture. The most hideous dress I have ever seen. They HOT GLUED flowers made of ribbon onto the dress which left hot glue residue everywhere on it. Horrified, I decided to just order a new dress from the store I was standing in, she opened her catalog and on the first page was the EXACT SAME PICTURE that was on Dressale.com! They were advertising this beautiful dress and sent their own version of it. The real dress is a Jordan design, which they just stole the picture from their catalog. I just ordered a the Jordan design for only $20 more. Give me a break. The prices are not EVEN reasonable for the terrible quality I received. When they fiy responded to my complaint they told me, "customers with high expectations will always disappointed" uhm no! Do not advertise something beautiful when yoh will send something terribly hideous in its stead. I'm currently in contact with the company that they stole the designs from, the BBB, and PayPal, who are all cooperating wonderfully. Luckily PayPal guaranteed me a full refund, just waiting for the company to let us know if they want the dress back. If anyone would like comparison pictures to dissuade you from ordering please feel free to contact me!

jessicar36
3/1/15

After ordering my dress i decided to look at the reviews because the ordering process was a little strange.. The review freaked me out and I sat here nervous about what was going to show up in the mail.

It is flawless. Better than I expected before i read the bad reviews. I got mine custom fitted. It was perfect. It is not cheap material, it is a beautiful color and is one of the most comfortable dresses ive worn. Its strapless and there is no problem with it not sliding down all over the place. I couldn't be happier with it.
The emails were sketchy.. Written in broken english with weird sales and discount codes and stuff and they all went into my soam folder but hey, I was pleasantly surprised with what came out of the whole thing.

lisaa68
2/27/15

I ordered a dress that looked fine on their website. When it arrived, the skirt was made from fabric that was a different color from the top. The fabric was very cheap. I had ordered it to wear to my son's wedding but that was impossible. When I tried to return it they would not send me a return address. They gave me the runaround, demanding pictures ( which I sent), then thinking up excuse after excuse not to take it back. I returned it to the address on the box it came in. Now they will not refund my payment. I am currently making complaints to PayPal, the Better Business Bureau and the US Consumer Protection Agency. This company should not be doing business in the US. DO NOT USE THEM.

laurier11
2/16/15

THIS SITE IS A RIP OFF. DO NOT SHOP HERE. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY...THEY LIE ABOUT SHIPMENTS. THEY DO NOT PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR DAYS. THEN TELL YOU TO UNDERSTAND. THIS IS A WEDDING DRESS AND THEY SAY THAT THERE IS SOME SORT OF CHINESE FESTIVAL AND I NEED TO UNDERSTAND. IF THEY DIDN'T ALREADY HAVE OUR MONEY I WOULD CANCEL.

Tip for consumers: DON'T IT'S A RIP OFF

melissae10
2/16/15

Dove right in and ordered a dress before reading reviews.. I know, I know... shame on me. Once I had read some really bad reviews I decided to cancel since it was within the 24hrs of placing my order. Talk about unprofessional!! Begging me to keep my dress and saying they'll talk to the manager about CONSIDERING refunding my money. I demanded my money and bombarded them with emails threatening to contact my bank over the matter. I recieved an email back saying "we are refunding the money for you. Don't contact the credit card company plz. Thx. Best wishes, Jewel." Got an email from paypal this morning saying my full refund was sent via paypal, just waiting for it to show on my account. They are a scam. Their fear of me calling the card company validates that. DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE SKETCHY $#*!ES!!!!!

kymmb
2/15/15

I WOULD ADVISE ANYBODY TO NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! I WISH I HAD READ THE REVIEWS FIRST!!! THEY DO NOT HONOR THEIR POLICY!! THEY ARE OVERSEAS!!! WHEN I TRIED TO CANCEL THE DRESSES BECAUSE I WAS NOT GETTING MARRIED...THEY STILL TRIED TO SELL THEM TO ME WHEN I DIDNT WANT THEM. THEY TRIED TO MAKE DEALS WITH ME WHEN I DIDNT WANT THE DRESSES. I WENT THROUGH MY BANK TO TRY TO FILE A DISPUTE TO GET MY MONEY BACK. THIS COMPANY SAID THAT MY BANK DID A CHARGEBACK AFTER THEY FINALLY SENT THE DRESSES TO ME. THE DRESSES WERE HEAVY AND NOT LIKE THE PICTURE AND I DIDNT WANT THEM ANYWAY. I SENT THE DRESSES BACK AND NOTIFIED MY BANK OF MY ACTIONS TO CONTINUE THE DISPUTE. I FIND OUT THAT THE COMPANY VALIDATED THE TRANSACTION!!! SO NOW THEY HAVE MY $300+ AND THE MERCHANDISE...AND I SPENT $60 TO SEND THE STUFF BACK...AND I AM NOT GETTING ANY OF MY MONEY BACK!!!! I AM VERY ANGRY AND I FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE FCC AND NEVER HEARD ANYTHING BACK...SO I FILED A COMPLAINT ON MY BACK AND DRESSALE.COM WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!! IT MAY NOT HELP...BUT I WANT TO BE HEARD AND THEY SHOULD READ THE COMPLAINTS ON THIS COMPANY AND SHUT THEM DOWN FOR ALL THE COMPLAINTS. I WONDER IF I WROTE THE PEOPLE IN THE GOVERNMENT...WILL THEY INVESTIGATE THE RIP OFFS AND ISSUES WE HAVE HAD WITH THIS COMPANY???

christinap12
2/11/15

PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE!! IT IS A SCAM!!! I ordered my dress from them about a month ago and when I received the box it was half way open. When I opened the dress it was WORSE. The stitching was HORRIBLE. The material was NOT THE SAME AS ADVERTISED and the craftsmanship looked like I had made the dress MYSELF WITH NO SEWING ABILITY! Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT ORDER from them! And they do NOT have a freaking phone number and give you the run around also. I was offered 10% back on the freaking dress and they asked ME to come out of my POCKET to get their poor craftsmanship skills corrected "locally". I am still trying to get my money back! All of the good reviews on this website are a SCAM please DO NOT DO IT!D

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE!

daisyh5
2/10/15

DO NOT BUY A DRESS FROM DRESSALE.COM!!!!! I read the reviews and most were bad but some were good so i decided to go ahead and spend $130 on a dress i wanted vs $290 for the same dress on a different website. I ordered a shear, black, dress with slits and it was suppose to be a stretchy material and i knew what the dress looked like in person because a friend of mine had the same one. When it arrived in the mail, the box was torn and beat up. This showed that no care was taken in the shipment of the dress. THE DRESS WAS SO CHEAPLY MADE AND THICK MATERIAL.it was not shear at all and looking nothing like the picture displayed. I was so bulky and ugly so i emailed them demanding a refund and i wanted to send the dress back. they told me that they " put a lot of hard wok and labor into it" MY $#*!!!! There was no hard work and labor in that uGLY ass dress. They told me they would give me a 10% discount if i kept the dress and i was like "huh uh" i aint keeping this piece of $#*! ass dress." They said their material and supply are different so their dresses don't resemble the pictures displayed. WHY THE $#*! WOULD THEY DISPLAY A DRESS AND SEND A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CHEAPLY MADE DRESS!!! I honestly advise you not to buy from them. The few good reviews you see of dressale are probably scams. Don't waste your time an money on dressaLe at all. THEY ARE ALL $#*! ASSES WHO DESERVE TO $#*!ING BURN IN HELL FOR THE UGLY $#*! THEY SENT ME.

nancyl50
1/26/15

THEY DO NOT HONOR THEIR RETURN POLICIES. I attempted to cancel an order I placed within 24 hours. According to their websites return policy, they state you are entitled to a full refund. They are not honoring their own policy. I also received several voice messages from them trying to work something out so I either keep the dress or exchange it through them. They left no return number. The caller ID number doesn't work and you cannot find a number on their website.

We are going on a week now of trying to get them to cancel my order and here is their response:

Dear customer,
Thanks for your shopping with Dressale.Sorry to hear that you want to cancel the order, if you do , there will be a series of fees ,such as Paypal Transaction Fees,Order Information System Processing Fees,Product Procurement Operation Fees etc, which will be certain economic loss for you.Thus , we do hope that you can reconsider it .For cancellation ,several options are offered to you so that we can handle the order in a better way .
If you can keep the order, you can enjoy one of the following promotions:
A1.We will send you an extra gift. You can choose any item(which must be lower than 15% of your original product’s price) from our website ,such as clothing ,jewelry,shoes and so on.
A2.You have the right to exchange the item you ordered.Feel free to choose any other item,just make sure its price is lower than 115% of your original item’s price.When you are ready ,tell us the item code ,then we will change it for u .
A3.If you keep the order , a partial refund of 7.5% will be returned to your original account or 15% refund will be returned to your dressale account,which can be used for your future purchase.Which one do u prefer?
A4.The order will be cancelled and 110% refund will be done to your dressale account ,in this way ,you won’t be charge for any fees.
If you insist on canceling the order, all the fees you will have to bear is as follows:
B1.(cancel the order less than 24 hours)Paypal Transaction Fees(4.4%+0.3$)+Order Information System Processing Fees (3.7%)

Plz tell us your final decision asap so that we can handle your order in short time.If you have any questions about the above options ,Plz send email to customer_service@dressale.com to consult our after sales Department .

Regards ,
Gina

Tip for consumers: This does not appear to be a legitimate business. A legitimate business cancels/ returns orders without issue. They are very responsive via email but it's apparently the only way to get in touch with them unless they call you and you are available to take their call.

charlenes10
1/23/15

Horrible customer service! I ordered my wedding dress on this website a month before my wedding. I knew it was last minute and the est. time of arrival was in 2 weeks. I paid with my paypal account and when it was a week till my wedding I started to worry. Since there is NO phone number to talk to anyone I had to use the 24/7 chat room where an associate told me that my wedding dress could not be filled and they canceled the order without emailing me. Although they claim to have sent me one, they tried to send me a duplicate of the email, nothing in my inbox that day or the next. I complained via email to their customer service email and demanded all my money be refunded to paypal. They then claimed that I CANCELED the dress and would take "handling fees" from my refund which amounted in $45!! I am outraged with this service and encourage NO ONE to ever use this site.

jenniferm102
1/21/15

When I wore it to my party. It was very uncomfortable because the shoulders kept falling off shoulder, the hips where they took it in had thick seams under the liner because they did not cut out what they took in... and I was seriously embarrassed when I happen to look down and on my left breast it looked torn . Upon further inspection I notice that it was the fold on my breast.... it was not sown under that pleat and only had 3 tact's holding the pleat over it down. one tact on each breast and one in the middle... the raw seam kept poking out since it wasn't sown under the overlapping pleat... I would think paying over $208 for a dress I would get better quality... It was very embarrassing. I spent the rest of night hiding under my shawl since it looked like my dress was ripped on my breast and the shoulders kept falling down, not to mention the V for the neckline was puckered and not a clean seam. I contacted Customer Service for them and they wanted me to take all of these pictures I have shown below. It took several attempts to send them

S Support to me 3 hours later--- Dear customer, Really sorry that you are not satisfied with the dress we made.We made the dress by hand instead of machine,which sometimes may result in the imperfect stitching.But this won't affect the whole dress.Would you mind fixing the dress locally?This is the best way for both of us . We are willing to give you a big discount for your next order, thank you Regards, Jewel

A BIG DISCOUNT for my next purchase? There will not be another purchase from them... how is that going to pay for the defects in this "custom" made dress. Really!?! WOW!! My advice to anyone thinking of ordering from these people..... DON'T!!! RUN!!! It's a waste of money!

Sincerely,
Jen

Tip for consumers: DON'T!!! RUN!!! It's a waste of money!

marisah1
1/18/15

I previously bought a gown from Dressale during the New Year holiday. The dress shown on their website was beautiful and I fell in love with the look. I was very excited to order my dress. Only to find out that when my package arrived and I opened the bag, the embellishments fell off one by one. The company used a glue gun to apply the embellishments instead of taking their time to sew it on. The glue residue was all over the entire black dress. This made the dress unwearable. I have sent over a dozen emails and photos of the poor quality of the dress and Dressale has refused to refund me my money. The audacity of them to offer me 10% of a $200 plus dress was just an insult to me. They have not made any other offers to satisfy the customer. PLEASE do not order any of Dressales's gowns because they are a company that makes poor quality of clothing, they are unwilling to refund you for their poor craftsmanship and you will be a very unhappy customer.

tifj
1/11/15

Do not buy from them! The dresses they advertise are not what they send you. Like an idiot, I bought a wedding from them. It was supposed to be a custom measurement order & it still didn't fit. Which I'm sure was partly my fault. I've never measured myself for an article of clothing b/f. Other than that issue, the dress I received barely resembled the dress I had ordered. They refused to allow me to return it. Even after I followed all of their ridiculous instructions of their return investigation procedure. The only compensation they were willing to give me was 10% off my next purchase. As if I will ever buy from them again. Their website says dressale.com London, but it's really somewhere in China. Their customer service was the worst when I was attempting a return. Chatting with an online representative was close to impossible due to their inability to properly form a sentence in English, and to the fact that I was never allowed to chat with the same person. It was always a "Jewel" or "Ester", conviently opposite the service I received while placing my order. The dress was just awful. I never wore it, and ended up donating it away. Maybe some young girl will buy it as a Halloween costume. Luckily I paid for it with my credit card, and not my debit.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it!

anneo4
1/9/15

I was so disappointed with a dress for my son's wedding that I ordered from Dressale. It did not fit despite sending custom measurements and there was far too much stiff padding in the bodice/bust area .The waist was too big, the lining was showing in parts and the dress was unwearable. They suggested having the dress remade by a tailor!!! I requested a refund and sent at least 15 photos of the poorly made dress and was only offered 15% off my next order (ha ha) or 10% refund which I finally reluctantly agreed to. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! Their workmanship is poor and their customer service is substandard when the customer is not happy!

Tip for consumers: Do not buy a dress from this company!!

donah2
1/9/15

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. i would give a -o rating, however this is not an option. They sent me the wrong dress and told me to take it to get it altered. they will not give me a return address so i can send back. Customer service is really bad. Does anyone know of an address I can return to??? they said the one on the website is wrong! Oh my gosh, very disturbing. I paid a lot of money fro the dress and it is not the right one :(

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

carolynw14
1/9/15

Well I had a Different Experience..
I ordered my dress on 12/18/14 and received it January 5, 2015

THE DRESS IS FABULOUS!
THE Material is of High QUALITY!
It FIT BEAUTIFULLY!
I Love it and Can't wait to WEAR IT!
I would recommend you Site to Others!
THE PRICE was VERY VERY REASONABLE
The Turn AROUND time for Custom Made is UNBEATABLE!

Tip for consumers: When getting a Dress Custom made.. Be sure to WATCH the VIDEO on how they want you to do the measurements :)

I also appreciated that they ACTUALLY called me to go over my measurement request.

eml5
1/4/15

I can't express my hate for this company enough. I ordered a dress for my niece. I should have known better since my computer warned me about opening the link. We got the dress and it was made from a really cheap material and did not fit at all. In the photo on the website, it was a cute mini-dress. However, on my niece (who is tall), it came way beneath her knees. The waist was also 4.5 inches too big and the bust was too small. I had to "chat" with an operator first since no return address was listed on the site, and, in broken English, I was told I had to email customer service. This was where the horror begin. I was then told that they has spent a lot of time and money on the dress, and that it fit perfectly - and that I had to take PHOTOGRAPHS of the dress while I MEASURED it (bust, waist, hips). I was incredulous - but it was like talking to a brick wall. Finally, I measured the dress and took pics, and, in fact, it was not even made according to the measurements on their own stupid charts listed on their website. When I sent the pics, they still wouldn't believe me. I also sent a pic of the model on their website, in which the hem of the dress ended a foot above her knee, as well as the "Satisfaction Guaranteed" sign on their website - I even included a photo of me holding the dress up to my body. I am a 6.1 man, and the hem of the dress comes down to my knees. In addition, I pointed out that the material is already fraying, and that there is no label anywhere that states what kind of material was used. What followed was a lot of back and forth, with them maintaining that they made the dress correctly, and that it was custom made - even though I just ordered a size 4 - and that it took over ten days to make. I then pointed out that that was a lie since there were only 8 days between the time I ordered the dress and the time it was shipped. They even had the gall to say I should take the dress to have it fitted. Finally they offered a 15% refund - at which I scoffed - and then 20% - at which I still scoffed. I am still dealing with this fiasco. I have lodged a complaint with PayPal and told them they shouldn't let this company use their service. AVOID THESE THIEVES AT ALL COST!!!

johns811
12/29/14

Your follow up service sucks. To not refund for a dress that does not fit - or to offer a replacement option. To put the onus on the consumer that THEY have to PROVE to you that the item does not fit.

You are the absolute worse experience and no wonder....you're an ocean away so why do you care?

Tip for consumers: Read the reviews first. They only have a 57% approval rating. Should have read the reviews first.

suep21
12/22/14

Do not order dresses from China.. DRESSALE- JJ HOUSE AND IZIDRESS
The dresses are NOTHING LIKE THE PICTURE!!
The quality is crap- There is NO RETURN SERVICE!!!
BEST THING TO DO IS CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND FILE A DISPUTE CLAIM.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD!!!!
DISPUTE WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD CO.

godivav
12/17/14

If I could give a zero I would as well. I ordered a dress for our company christmas party and the sales lady was very helpful. She double checked my measurements and helped with the ordering process. HOWEVER, when the dress arrived, I knew before even putting it on that it was gonna go downhill from there. The dress was stiff, very uncomfortable, the waist was too big, and the hip area was so tight I could sit down. But the worst part was at the stomach and back area. the way they placed the beading it bent and bunched into rolls. It was horrible. I submitted a claim to return the dress and get a refund. I emailed them pictures of the defect and they still refused to give me a refund. They tried to give me some sob story about their costs and overhead. WTH! After several emails back and forth, they only thing they would do for me was a 10% refund or 15% credit on my account. Like I would ever buy anything from them again. I will be taking the dress to a tailor and getting a professional opinion and then seeking legal counsel.

Tip for consumers: DON'T EVERY BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!

amaurit
12/12/14

Deceitful business. Terrible customer service. Terrible product

If there was a way to give zero stars i would...
My wife ordered an evening dress on 11/21/2014 for my company's holiday party. A Dresssale customer service representative called to confirm the measurements.
The dress arrived and at first it looked fine. However, when she tried the dress on it was about a foot longer than the measurements. the back of the dress was very wide and sagged. in other words, it was impossible to wear the dress.
I contacted their customer service, complaining about the dress and requested my money back.
Their response was to send pictures of the dress for verification. I did so, their response was that the dress in the picture "looked" like the one in their webiste, but if I really wanted a real dress it would have cost thousands of dollars... which in my mind I thought I was paying for a real dress. They also argued that the people that made the dress got paid peanuts and their profit was very low.
I answered back one more time saying it was not really my problem and that now I was concerned that they used child labor to make the dress.

Today 12/12/2014, i opened a complaint with the Best Business Bureau, Dresssale already has 6 complaints with them, now 7 with mine and all about the same problem.
I did a search for reviews for their site and found sitejabber, which where I am right now writing this review and also see dozens of the same type of complaints against Dresssale. Next week, I will contact my credit card company to try to get my money back.

Tip for consumers: I should have done my research before buying from dresssale.com

mb84
12/12/14

I truly wish I had found these reviews before placing my order with Dressale. I ordered not one - but three dresses and all are poorly made and a terrible fit, despite the detailed measurements they asked for and which I carefully gave to them. Before ordering I called and spoke to a man whose English was very understandable to me. He clearly stated that they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee and that any purchase would be accepted for a return and full refund if not satisfied. He LIED. Many of the complaints I see from other customers worst experiences are the same as mine. They refuse to take any accountability, they ask for photos to 'prove' that they have any ownership for the customer concerns. They are NOT willing to accept a return - especially NEVER would they refund any money - because" the dress is custom made and only will fit you". The dresses are ridiculous and I am out a LOT of money - AND I still need to go out and find a dress to wear! Robbery. I am one more person taken advantage of. I wish there was a way to warn others BEFORE they buy!

Tip for consumers: Beware - the quality is terrible and you will have NO RECOURSE - do not risk wasting your money!

shenam
12/7/14

Dear Whom It May Concern,

I purchased three bridesmaid dresses from Dress Sale on 19 Feb 2014 for AUD $361.52. Words cannot really explain how shockingly dodgy and unprofessional this company is. The hem of the dress was accidentally sewn, lifting the it up to see your butt, the sizes were all incorrect despite them calling me at 2am to confirm measurements, the dress quality and design is of very poor standards (from the material to the hem to the ribbon to the zipper -EVERYTHING) and lastly, it is straight up deceptive advertising as the dresses we received looked NOTHING like the photos. They are indeed Chinese make, designed and sewn by inexperienced 10 year olds. See attached photos. The 1st photo is what I ordered but in pink, the other photos is what they made me!

PLEASE note that the dresses advertised on their website is NOT their dresses, it it another company's, which they steal and intend to imitate. Their refund and exchange policy is fictional and is only there to ease the buyers into thinking the Company is legitimate and honest. They are not. Do yourself a favour, spend an extra $500 to buy from quality and reliable dress companies. I gave these dresses to the Smith Family.

When I asked for a refund, it went back and fourth (ten emails), they said (to all three defected dresses and that looked nothing like what I ordered):
"Since the dress is custom made,it is inevitable to have some deviation...the whole design of the dress is still very well,right?we are willing to give you a jacket or shawl for free for the next order as compensation,OK?". Hahaha DODGY! I hope this company gets investigated by consumer affairs (if there is any in China!)

STAY AWAY FROM THIS DODGY CHINESE ONLINE COMPANY.

Regards,
S

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY FROM THIS DODGY CHINESE ONLINE COMPANY.

deannag2
11/19/14

Do NOT BUY ANYTHING from these people!!! They are a cheep Chinese knock-off company. They show pictures from legitimate gown company's, then sell you a worthless rag. I bought a wedding dress from them, and when it came in I opened the bag it was sent in and it STUNK LIKE FISH!!! I called them and they only offered to sell me another one at a discount price. The fabric has stains all over it. My whole house smells like fish every time I take it out of the sack. This dress is absolutely useless. Save yourself a lot of heart ache, money and time, ONLY BUY from a legitimate LOCAL store,
that will take care of YOU!!!

Tip for consumers: STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!!

joshb39
11/18/14

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS WEBSITE. I purchased a dress from this website for the military ball. I paid $30 for expedited shipping and the dress was still late. I told them I wanted my compensation and she said she could give me a big discount the next time I buy. I told her there would not be a next time so she proceeded to offer me a sash to my dress, which I told her, "no thank you and I wanted a monetary compensation." Their website says that they will reimburse you 30% of your purchase if they deliver late. When I brought that to their attention, they claimed the best they could do was give me $10, which is about 5% of what I paid. Also, she pleaded for me to just take the $10 because they were a little 3rd party company when there website clearly lies and says that they are not. I have taken this issue up with the legal department of the military so that they can hopefully handle this situation. Even the military told me by just looking at the website some things already is questionable. Their phone number is not reachable because it is a Skype number and becasue they are chinese they act like they don't understand one word you are saying when they do call you. This company does not hold up their end of the bargain even if their website says that they will. The military is also reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.

anad7
11/16/14

This is an update on this company. I submitted a claim to get my money back and I did. I offered to send it to them if they agreed to refund me. They didn't want to give me a full refund and told me that it would be too expensive to return the item. I won the case with PayPal and now they are threatening me...

Dear customer,

This is the third and the last email from dressale about your dress order.It seemed that you didn’t pay much attention to what we talked about in the email .

If you don’t ship the dress back to us in one week ,we will post your personal information,like address,phone number,email address and your dirty action in public website,like Facebook ,Trustpilot ,Twitter,Tumblr ect.

Also ,we will ask our layer to work directly with you.We will call your local police to expose your action and send your case to BBB,FBI in US.They will work this out as well .

Once again,ship the dress back to us !!

Our return address is:

Li Yin

Floor#2 Building49 Changhuajituan,Huqiu Road NO.58

Jinchang District

Suzhou

Jiangsu Province 215008

China

Telephone 15151501502

Wait for your reply!If there is no info ,we will start to call you time after time until you ship it back.Please understand that .

Regards,

Jewel

Dressale.com

Tip for consumers: Avoid at all cost

patriciao14
11/6/14

I'm not sure what all the negativity surrounding this business is all about but I am glad that I didn't let it deter me from ordering my wedding dress from them because I loved it!! I was extremely hesitant and oh so nervous but decided that for the price, I had to at least try. I paid the $20.00 more for the custom sizing and it was perfect- a teeny tiny bit too big but that is better IMO than too small. A small tip though- order your dress a little bit longer than you might think because I did find that mine was a little bit shorter than I would have preferred and I took it to an alteration place and it was a pretty quick fix. My dress was beautiful and I don't feel that anyone could tell the difference between a $1,000+ and this less than $300 dress. I also don't feel that shipping took extremely long, I think I got mine in about 3 weeks which is very good considering they had to make it and ship it overseas. Very pleased with my dress :)

Tip for consumers: Pay the $20 extra for custom sizing and order a little bit longer than you might have originally thought you should...

karenl47
10/29/14

I ordered an evening gown for a formal dinner on a cruise that we recently took. I ordered the gown in July. I needed it for October. My daughter took my measurements. I wish they would have required all of them in the very beginning. It kind of scared me when I received an email telling me that more measurement were needed. We added the additional measurements. Around the underarm, from tip of shoulder to tip of shoulder. Believe me when I say these were very important. Also height with and without shoes.
When I received my dress I was sooo excited. When I took it out of the box and laid it out, it was beautiful. The material was beautiful. The sequence looked all hand stitched. It was lined, which I didn't know it would be. When I put it on, it fit like a glove. It made me feel wonderful. My husband told me how great it looked and I looked with it on.
On our trip, my family remarked how nice the gown was. I even had complete strangers tell me I was stunning. Another said that my dress was beautiful. Once again I felt great. I would recommend this dress sale site and I have already told friends. Thank you DresSale. You made my cruise.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you get measurement of everything right away.

tanism1
10/27/14

I think I got lucky... I ordered a hoop skirt from them and not only did I receive it promptly (like, 5 days before they said I would, I was super impressed) but the quality was also just fine. I don't know if it's just because it was a relatively basic item, but hey, I have no complaints about everything. I was worried after reading all the bad reviews, but everything turned out fine, to my relief!

Tip for consumers: I would err on the side of caution and order more elaborate items from other retailers, but they seem to be just fine for simple things like hoop skirts and petticoats.

fionab7
10/17/14

Big success!!
Thanks dressale for my gorgeous dress, it was a big success at last nights wedding Gala.
I also bought a clutch and wrap in the same color. The dress was truly amazing!!
I'm searching the site at the moment to purchase one or two $#*!tail dresses which I need in a month or 2.
Again, dressale, thank you so much!!!

jennaw11
10/8/14

Ordered this dress for my mother in size 16 on color clover. It fit perfectly. It was very long for her, but we were expecting the length of dress will need some alteration. There was just one little piece that made me not giving 5 stars, the little silver beads of the dress seen in the picture on the right side of the screen (left side of the dress) were not as expected. It seems in the picture they are all silver, however, the dress came with little lime green beads around the silver beads in the middle, they were just around the contour of the shape, but that´s what made the dress look cheap, now we are gonna have to ask out tailor if she can fix that. Overall great quality and price, if compared with local mall stores that will probably sell the dress for twice the price of Dressale. I think we are gonna to keep ordering from Dressale.

cjh4
10/4/14

I'm glad that some people had a great experience with this site. I did not. The dress was not the material pictured. The hemline was lopsided. The top of front slit was binding in the thigh. When I complained, they told me to take it to a local tailor!! But, what truly tells me that the site is shotty? When I gave my review, it never posted. Of course they don't want anyone to read anything bad about them. Although they have very unusual designs, they are usless if you can't wear them.

Tip for consumers: Stay clear unless you have money to gamble. No refunds!

anniem39
10/3/14

I got my dress today after 3 weeks of waiting the quality is awful, the dress looks like a dress you get at the flea market, quality of fabric so bad.... I spent over $150 for a dress like this.................... what a dissapointment.

Tip for consumers: It seems

jo-anng
10/1/14

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE!!! Awful customer service!

I wish I had found these reviews on this site before ordering from DresSale.com.

I went to place an order for a flower girl dress and during the checkout, the cart cleared and my order was no longer in the cart. So I started over again and ordered the identical items. I completed the order with no problem the second time around. Shortly after, I received an email saying that the payment information didn't go through, so I needed to resend the payment information. I did.
About an hour later, DresSale customer service reached out to me (to their credit) to say they noticed the duplicate order. They wanted me to confirm the duplicate or if I didn't want it, they would issue me store credit. I immediately responded to say the duplicate order was an error (with their system), and to just refund my money to my bank card. They keep trying to get me to take a store credit.We have had more than 12 emails going back and forth as they keep saying to refund my money, they would need to deduct a PayPal fee and an Order Information Processing Fee. Their own website states full refund if order is cancelled within 24 hours. In my case, I cancelled the order within about 2 hours.
This company has no workers in the US. There is no way to call them. The people I've dealt with through email have been resistant to resolving this matter. For example this is the most recent correspondence from them:
"Dear Customer ,
As there will be handling fee happened if transnational money transfering through paypal or credit card .
The handling fee is for bank ,but not for us.we paid it immediately when you make the order,so ,if you want to cancel the order and refund through paypal or credit , You need to pay for the charge,because we don't earn from this order , we can not let us loss too much .
As for the Order Information Processing System fee. it cost by system operation .
We never find excuse for the inexistent reason .Your understanding will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards
Gina
Dressale GROUP"

I am now going to dispute this charge through my bank.

And now I see reviews about the bad quality, so I may just order a dress through a reputable site, as the scheduled delivery date is a week before my event, so I won't have time to get a replacement if the order is delayed or the quality is bad. So even with the order that went through, I have lost all confidence in this company.

michellem64
9/30/14

I ordered what looked like a beautiful lace dress from this site. The dress did get delivered on the day they said it would however, it did not come delivered in a nice box they way they said it would. My dress came in ripped up bag that looked like it came from a grocery store. Then when I started to look at it I found how incredibly poorly it was made. Besides being the itchiest fabric ever there are areas all over the lace that are frayed or cut. There is a hole big enough for me to fit three fingers in in the top layer. I got custom measurements but apparently they don't know how to do that because it was so tight around my legs that I couldn't sit down. I asked for (and paid for) extra length to be added because I am already tall and want to wear heels. The dress satin lining doesn't touch the top of my feet, so there is no way I could wear heels with out them showing. The illusion neck line has way too much fabric and goes way up my neck, almost like a turtle neck. The buttons and zipper are not put on straight. For that matter the dress isn't straight and sits ever so slightly off to one side. The sash they made is a complete joke. It wasn't sewn together all the way, plus the beading looks like something a kid did at summer camp. It looks nothing like the antique beading that the picture on the site showed. When I submitted a ticket to complain I was told to email them only to have each email I sent get an undelieverable email message back. I submitted another ticket and I am waiting to hear back. If it's like other reviewers I don't want to pay to ship it back and pay a restocking fee. This is just ridiculous. I wish I would have found these reviews before I bought my dress.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DresSale staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: whats the return policy?
5 days ago
th3884
A: With all due respect, it doesn't matter what they "say." This company is so dishonest. When they get enough bad reviews, they change their name. My order arrived after the promised date and we returned it COMPLETELY UNOPENED, still sealed! When I disputed it, because they would not refund (even though it was their fault it arrived late) they told my credit card company that it arrived worn and smelling like perfume. That was a complete lie! She never even saw the dress bc we did not open the container. I wish I would have looked at the reviews before purchasing. They received the unopened dress to resell and kept my money!!!!
5 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the DresSale staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

87 Photos for DresSale

DresSale?
Click here to post a review