US Government's NSF

DresSale reviews

51%
3-2 Hua Qiang Road, Tianhe District, ROOM 2401
Guangzhou, Guangdong, China

People interested in DresSale are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

amandak10

the customer service is not that bad as the reviews above lol x (in 78 reviews)

cathyb6

I got my wedding dress from here, and I am delighted with it! (in 45 reviews)

jossl

I got my daughter's prom dress from them and it was so lovely and stunning given that the dress is not that pricey. (in 15 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

tamid1
8/15/15

My dress was ordered one size larger than I normally wear. Still does not come close to fitting. I have been emailing them back and forth now for ten days. Their response is very rude and belittling. They will not issue a return ticket telling me it is my fault I ordered the wrong size. I ordered a premade size....not an individually tailored piece. If someone has the address to return please let me know as I want this dress to go back to them! I've filed a dispute claim with both my credit care and PayPal. Do NOT do business with them....this has been the biggest hassle ever!!

irmam5
8/6/15

THIS SITE IS A RIP OFF. DO NOT SHOP HERE. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY...THEY LIE ABOUT SHIPMENTS. THEY DO NOT PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR DAYS. THEN OFFER ONKY A 20 % OF MY NEXT ORDER. THEY SAID THEY WOULD SEND A FREE PAIR OF WEDDING SHOES IF I COMPLETD THE ORDERS SAME DAY. THEY ACCUSED ME OF EDITING THEIR EMAIL AND WOULD NOT ADMIT THEIR SALES REP LIED. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. HORRIBLE.

soniag7
7/25/15

i buy a dress and when i got it it was too small and i did not get my money back so i would not buy anything more that come from DRESSALE.com and i did not know that it did not make in the usa it make in china and i pay a lot of money for it

elaa1
7/16/15

Got a dress complete disaster. No way I could wear to a wedding. Top part did not align with the bottom part. Slit was too high and way out on side. Terrible customer service. Asked was to get it fixed locally. Nobody locally would even touch dress to fix it. Never order from them.

donnas75
7/1/15

i ordered a dress two sizes too big to make sure it would fit and when it arrived it was two sizes two small. I emailed the company and they said to lay it flat and measure it and take photos of it which I did and they said I didn't do it right. They also sent the wrong color so u wouldn't wAnt it if it did fit. They won't exchange it or refund my money. They said they would give me a discount on another dress but I don't want to take the chance of it being wrong again. So now I'm out $226 and have no dress. They didn't label the size on the dress or even include a packing slip in the box.

tashas5
6/9/15

This is the worst shopping experience I have ever had. DON"T DO IT!! I sent my purchase back. The emails back and forth for 3 months are so irritating and repetitive on their part. I give up trying to get my money back.

ciannem
6/8/15

I feel so stupid for not reading these reviews before using this company. The dress I ordered did not show up in time for my event. I tried to cancel the order and was told the dress was made and I couldn't cancel it without a BARRAGE of fees which were nearly 3/4 of the cost of the dress. I had countless email exchanges with them - they are the most crooked company I have ever dealt with. When the dress finally showed up it was the WRONG color!!! When I told them that they said I was wrong and to look at an attached color chart, but there was no attachment. I sent them photos of the dress which was supposed to be dark green and it was a teal blue. I sent them a copy of my invoice which showed my order to be DARK GREEN, and they still will not do anything at all. I am SO furious and feel SO frustrated that I am just stuck with this $185 dress that I will never wear. I will take it up with PayPal but I double I will ever see my money or the correct color of dress I ordered. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE - THEY ARE FRAUDS!!!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

christ2991
6/5/15

Company has no HONOR! Ordered a dress with major issues. Followed the directions for a return..23 emails back and forth with their Customer Service with they can refund me 10% for my troubles. Still fighting - Return Order # 173105. This return situation has gone from being an annoyance to MORAL IMPERATIVE.

diannep4
6/3/15

Came upon this website by accident. Pictures of the dresses very deceiving. Checked the return policy before I ordered. Guaranteed return if damaged - what a joke. First, the dress was 6 weeks in coming (from off the rack -- not a custom job). Finally received it only to find that the zipper does not move, up or down. Tried everything I could think of to move the zipper without ripping the dress. Attempted to return the item as damaged. Sent pictures. Was told by customer service that "from the pictures the dress looks fine." How can you tell that a zipper doesn't work from the pictures? Spent way too much $$$ for something I will never be able to wear. Do not waste your time here.

davidg157
6/1/15

Well I got a piece a $#*! from this people with one sleeve longer than the other . after them giving me a million excuses and not accepting my return and offering me only 20% . I dwny and I started a claim with my bank. I had to submit evidence of the emails and pictures but hey I got all my money back.and now dressale is harrasing me to send their dress back and telling me I have to paid for shipping. Which they can suck on it because I don't have to do anything. So if you are in the same situation go to your bank. Don't let this people steal your money.

shellyr5
5/26/15

If you would like to keep your sanity, just run away from this website. Ordering a dress for perhaps the most important event of your life should be enjoyable and exciting. I ordered a dress through dressale to save some money but I didn't check reviews for the company before I did so. Which was completely irresponsible. The morning after I ordered I came across this site and immediately went to dressale to cancel my order and get a refund. Their policy is a full refund if cancelled within 24 hours. I cancelled in 17. I won't get into the nitty gritty details of my numerous messages to them as after a week of arguing with them I did get a refund. They will not honor their policy, so just do yourself a favor and order elsewhere. I finally got my refund because I went to my bank and filled out a "disputed charges" form that was sent to Dressale. Make informed decisions about those you are giving money to for a product or service and protect your assets and information.

teresan7
5/26/15

This company has been the worst to deal with. After the dress showing up way to big, I have gotten no where with trying to get a return address. After reviewing their website, it says they pride themselves on having a REASONABLE return and exchange policy. When you try to open then link, the paged has suddenly expired. Trying to deal with the customer services incorrect grammar and limited insight into how bad they return policy is, has been a miserable experience. Do not order from this company as it will likely be a miserable experience for you as well.

Horrible company. Horrible customer service. Stay away from this company.

janh38
5/17/15

I ordered a 3 piece champagne outfit and got a 2 piece yellow strapless outfit. I bought through Paypal and am still fighting for a credit. Return shipping charges are mine to bear - roughly half the cost of my purchase. Don't buy from them!

kristinai
5/15/15

Please do not buy from Dressale! They will send you $#*!ty merchandise and then if you want to return it you'll have to pay hundreds of dollars. I can't believe I didn't research more before buying--this has been the worst online buying experience of my life. Customer service was terrible and now they are threatening to SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION. Filing a complaint with BBB. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! I guarantee any good reviews are being written by their cheating, scheming, horrible employees.

lorit15
5/11/15

I already submitted my review, but I want Pay Pal to get involved. They told me in a phone conversation that if there were enough negative reviews, they would not work with this company. Ok, I think these reviews say it all! This company needs to be shut down! Worst ever!

kellye16
5/8/15

The measurements I provided for a custom made dress were apparently ignored. The dress does not fit and I contacted DresSale for return instructions and got nowhere. They demanded "powerful evidence" photos showing the dress measurements, so I sent photos to them on several occasions - each time receiving absurd, illiterate replies. It's my own fault for not realizing DresSale is in the country that sent us poison formula and dog food, and rotten sheetrock. Bottom lines is that all sales are final regardless of whether or not they send you what you ordered.

jenniferw82
5/7/15

Please contact PayPal and issue a complaint about this business! I called and they are holding payment and refunding me! If Paypal gets enough complaints maybe they will not allow Dressale to do use them anymore. This will hurt their business in a very large way! In the US call 1-800-221-1161 outside US call 1-402-935-2050. Please everyone do this! Lets shut them down!

sarahm125
5/2/15

Don't order a dress from dressale.com, no matter how good the price is. No matter how much proof you have that they have made a faulty dress, they will not refund it at all. I emailed them around 20 photos documenting with a tape measure, and they still wouldn't refund the dress.

The dress they made for us was too large in the bust by 2 cup sizes, they said this is to be expected. The neckline was visibly crooked, they did not scale the proportions of the dress at all. Meaning, the model of the dress was a woman who was very tall, we had the dress made for my daughter who is at least a foot shorter and they did not scale it. So my daughter looked like she was playing dress up in clothing 2 sizes too big.

cierrahc
4/30/15

My mom found this website and I found a dress that I really liked, so not thinking anything I just went ahead and ordered and after receiving a weird email that looked like a computer threw together it scared me so then I went and looked at reviews. I was stressed out for 2 weeks until I received the dress. I bugged them like every 2 days on live chat! I'm happy with my dress, it fits and looks great. The beading does look different on the dress then it did in the picture but it still looks great.

kymmd
4/30/15

I am so sick and tired of fighting dressale.com...so I am going to every website that has complaints on them and pasting my complaint and any info that I have on them to shut them down and have people to stop being scammed and cheated by them.

Li Yin

China

Telephone 15151501502

robertap4
4/25/15

I ordered a satin evening jacket which is very cheap looking and does not fit right. I have spent so much time trying to find out how to return it. I have submitted 3 so-called tickets, had online chats, and sent multiple emails, along with photographs that they insisted on. The final straw was the email I received this morning. They sent me detailed directions for how to take multiple measurements of the jacket. I have filed a complaint with the FTC but am pretty much resigned to accepting the loss. I am just so angry but cannot waste any more time trying to resolve this. Seems like that's their strategy and they have succeeded.

dawnh26
4/14/15

I have NEVER had a worse online buying experience!! Please RUN don't walk from this company they are a TOTAL SCAM!! It is a sweatshop in China and that is THE TRUTH!! I ordered a dress from them with a month to spare that arrived a week after my event. i would not even call what arrived a dress, it was a satin NIGHTMARE that in no way shape or form resembled the dress i ordered! YOU CANNOT RETURN their dresses (that is using the term "dress" VERY loosely) because they put NO RETURN info in the shipping BAG that comes from somewhere in China!!!

kellyb91
4/14/15

I bought a dress that looked absolutely gorgeous in the pictures.When it arrived I was horrified. The dress looked nothing like it did in the pictures! The material felt extremely cheap and the fabric looked like it was thrown together in a hurry. The worst part is that it was delivered in a box with no papers at all so I cant even return it. Biggest waste of money I have ever spent.

taraj9
4/12/15

I just purchased a lavender dress and it was supposed to be a thick flowy polyester fabric. ......BUT IT IS BLUE SATIN!!!!!!

RUN MY FRIENDS RUN away They are scam artist tryna to feed off the insecurities of American women!........I probably will never see my money again but I will warn ppl!..

RUN

leslies35
4/9/15

Dressale.com is the worst company I have ever dealt with concerning purchases online. Although their return policy states that they will return for problems, it is completely not true. The item I ordered was a totally different color than the one they sent. It is for a wedding, and so must match. It is not the color of the swatches that they say to order from, but they will do nothing to help, exchange or refund the item. They offered a "10% off coupon" for my next purchase. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! They really think I'm going to continue to order from a deceitful company who will not stand behind what they make or send? DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I just wish I had looked at the reviews before I did! I wish the ratings options included a "0"!!!

Tip for consumers: My tip for others---Don't use this site!!!!

susanj41
4/9/15

I was worried because of previous reviews.. They are all crazy! My dress is fabulous. Well made... Thick quality material. Fits like it was personally made for me. Well beyond my expectations . Seams are tight, zipper is perfect and jewels are amazing.. I'm telling everyone. I didn't need to talk to customer service.. Dress arrived on time as expected, even though it was Easter weekend,, nice surprise

dianad24
4/6/15

I order a lot of stuff online, including clothing. I have never had someone refuse to let me send the product back. When I got the dress it was made too small, couldn't even get it zipped. The shoulders were not even so the dress would not lay down - and the lace they used was so itchy, even if it did fit I would be miserable all evening at my daughters wedding. I tried working with customer service and their only answer is ' it passed their quality check' - I would hate to see the ones that don't pass their check.

BEWARE - do not order from here as there is no way to return if it doesn't fit or isn't what you thought you ordered. The price may be cheap but I'm stuck with a dress that I can't wear.

lizh16
3/28/15

They sent my dress, I honestly had no issues with it. Months went by and I got a strange email saying they reimbursed my account (which they have not) and now want me to mail the dress back to China. I have now received three threatening emails that they are going to post my personal info on social media if I don't mail the dress back. FRAUD!!!!!

yvettet3
3/24/15

BEWARE!! I made a big mistake ordering from dressale.com!!!!! The dress looks nothing like the picture. And I asked Benny several times if the dress had sequins. I was told there would be NO! sequins! This dress has rows of cheap, ugly silver sequins!!!! Also, I ordered a IVORY dress!! The dress I received is WHITE!!!! Horrible!!! Benny responded to my frantic emails about the sequins and continues to tell me the dress doesn't have sequins.....I'm looking at the ugly dress!!!! IT DOES HAVE SEQUINS!!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THIS SITE!!!

susanh99
3/19/15

I ordered a gown on Feb 6th... it arrived on March 17th. The gown picture and description was exactly what I wanted but, what I received was a hot mess!!!! The color I chose was fuchsia in a chiffon fabric. The gown I received was two colors, fuchsia and purple!! What a scary combination!! The fabric was crisp and hard not filmy and flowing the way chiffon is supposed to be. The workmanship was the worst I have ever seen, gathers where there should not be gathers, puckering at the base of the back zipper which was extremely difficult to open or close because of fabric getting in the way. The edges of the ruffles were full of machine stitching snags.. it was without a doubt the worst mess I have ever seen. I would not wear this dress anywhere!!! The $170.00 is gone,, I don't have a hope of getting any of it back! Before ordering anything, make sure it is not coming from the People's Republic of China!!!! Lesson learned for sure.

Tip for consumers: Find another dressmaker, one who answers correspondence and perhaps more local would be a great idea!!

elizabethe25
3/16/15

I read some bad reviews about dressale and also some good reviews, too. Though hesitate for some time, I made the order after livechatted with Jick. He guarantee me the quality and the delivery and offer me a coupon code 2SSALE in this case my order was treated in priority. After receiving the dress. The women in my family are excited and overcome with the high quality of the dresses. I don’t know how you can supply such excellent quality products for the price and also manage to supply the product in such short time. We are looking forward to the next time we have to order clothing from you, keep the excellent work up and thank your staff for us. If anyone wants to contact me, please email to elizabeththepretty@outlook.com. I am real!

es702
3/16/15

Never purchase from dressale.com
They will cheat you out of your money at every chance they get. You have no way to protect your purchase because paypal will say they do not cover the purchase from dressale.com and the dressale.com customer service personel can tell you anything they want and then decide to do something totally different just because they can. We ordered dresses after talking to one of their so called representatives ahead of time about the flexibility to cancel. They agreed to give us flexibility supposedly but it was an empty promie. They ended up taking 17% or better of our money when we were rightfully due to receive a full refund. If you want to safely purchase items online through this website, we highly suggest you look elsewhere because dressale.com will take your money without so much as a second thought and they will do it without a justified reason. I will never recommend dressale.com. In fact, save yourself the headache and find a site that actually cares about helping you fairly and safely order dresses online.

Tip for consumers: Never purchase from dressale.com

valeriev6
3/10/15

I purchased what looked like a beautiful dress at Dressale.com. The dress arrived in a timely manner and with great excitement I opened the package. There is only one word to describe the dress. NASTY!! The top of the dress did not match the bottom of the dress in color. The lace used looked like it was an old yellowed curtain taken off of Grandma's windows back 60 years ago. There were runs in the material where they stitched all the way through and shouldn't have. The satin under layer was doubled and than sewn together at the bottom, but they wouldn't even lay flat due to the material not being of the same length. The lace hung over the bottom in an uneven mess no side matching the other. The back straps of the dress were unevenly put on so one strap hangs off the shoulder while the other stays on. The sash for the dress is over 15 foot long. And the dress drags on the floor by about 3 inches. A total disaster of a dress!! The only response I have gotten to my multiple emails is "on your next purchase we will give you a discount." NEXT PURCHASE? Are they out of their mind? I will never buy from them or recommend that anyone else do so!! If there was a rating of 0 stars dressale.com would deserve it!

Tip for consumers: Do not purchase anything at dressale.com. Customer service is horrible as is their workmanship and the quality of their materials.

dinag2
3/3/15

I have only written one bad review, I have always believed in leaving positive feedback not negative. I had such a bad experience with this company that I felt compelled to write the second one. I ordered a dress which to start with arrived late and damaged. I asked for a refund on the dress and my request was denied. I then requested a discount for the damage seeing as I would have to have the dress fixed on my own. That as well was denied. A 10% discount was offered for the late arrival and a 10% discount for a future purchase. I was told in an email that

"About the compensation,since we are custom made and the cost which included the materials,workers salary ,all kinds of handling fees,etc. is a bit high,the profit is quite low.Besides,it takes more than 10 days to make a dress and the workers' wages is not as high as that in your country,they live an uneasy life,hope you will understand."

Why would I shop again with this company? The customer service is horrible and the quality of the dress was unacceptable. If you want to waste your money and get aggravated purchase something from this company. I had to dispute this charge to get my money back. The $30.00 I spent to ship it back to China was the best money I have spent.

angelp15
3/2/15

Just received my wedding dress today. Took longer than I thought to arrive, but my wedding is not till sept so I'm still way fine. Ordered my dress, then found these reviews, which turned me in to a big mess believing my dress would be junk. Thankfully my dress is outstanding, good workmanship, fits like a glove, beautiful crystal embellishments sown on, I am so relieved. There are are what appears to be minor differences , but I actually like them better. The dress was on sale and it cost me $200, I couldn't have bought the material for that much. Not only that, when I ordered the dress I did so on my tabletand did not notice that the flowers were pink until almost 2 weeks later. Not going to work with my cream, green and brown wedding. Customer service worked with me quickly to make the change.

whitneya5
3/1/15

I have to give them a one, but if it were up to me I'd give them negative 1 million... I ordered my daughter's flower dress from here. I paid $145 for it. When it came in the mail it was not the correct color. With being strapped for time due to the shipping taking over two months, I hurriedly contacted a private bridal shop that can dye delicate fabrics. Upon arriving to the shop, we turned the dress right-side out (it was shipped inside-out) and it was HORRID. Looked absolutely NOTHING like the picture. The most hideous dress I have ever seen. They HOT GLUED flowers made of ribbon onto the dress which left hot glue residue everywhere on it. Horrified, I decided to just order a new dress from the store I was standing in, she opened her catalog and on the first page was the EXACT SAME PICTURE that was on Dressale.com! They were advertising this beautiful dress and sent their own version of it. The real dress is a Jordan design, which they just stole the picture from their catalog. I just ordered a the Jordan design for only $20 more. Give me a break. The prices are not EVEN reasonable for the terrible quality I received. When they fiy responded to my complaint they told me, "customers with high expectations will always disappointed" uhm no! Do not advertise something beautiful when yoh will send something terribly hideous in its stead. I'm currently in contact with the company that they stole the designs from, the BBB, and PayPal, who are all cooperating wonderfully. Luckily PayPal guaranteed me a full refund, just waiting for the company to let us know if they want the dress back. If anyone would like comparison pictures to dissuade you from ordering please feel free to contact me!

jessicar36
3/1/15

After ordering my dress i decided to look at the reviews because the ordering process was a little strange.. The review freaked me out and I sat here nervous about what was going to show up in the mail.

It is flawless. Better than I expected before i read the bad reviews. I got mine custom fitted. It was perfect. It is not cheap material, it is a beautiful color and is one of the most comfortable dresses ive worn. Its strapless and there is no problem with it not sliding down all over the place. I couldn't be happier with it.
The emails were sketchy.. Written in broken english with weird sales and discount codes and stuff and they all went into my soam folder but hey, I was pleasantly surprised with what came out of the whole thing.

lisaa68
2/27/15

I ordered a dress that looked fine on their website. When it arrived, the skirt was made from fabric that was a different color from the top. The fabric was very cheap. I had ordered it to wear to my son's wedding but that was impossible. When I tried to return it they would not send me a return address. They gave me the runaround, demanding pictures ( which I sent), then thinking up excuse after excuse not to take it back. I returned it to the address on the box it came in. Now they will not refund my payment. I am currently making complaints to PayPal, the Better Business Bureau and the US Consumer Protection Agency. This company should not be doing business in the US. DO NOT USE THEM.

laurier11
2/16/15

THIS SITE IS A RIP OFF. DO NOT SHOP HERE. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY...THEY LIE ABOUT SHIPMENTS. THEY DO NOT PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR DAYS. THEN TELL YOU TO UNDERSTAND. THIS IS A WEDDING DRESS AND THEY SAY THAT THERE IS SOME SORT OF CHINESE FESTIVAL AND I NEED TO UNDERSTAND. IF THEY DIDN'T ALREADY HAVE OUR MONEY I WOULD CANCEL.

Tip for consumers: DON'T IT'S A RIP OFF

melissae10
2/16/15

Dove right in and ordered a dress before reading reviews.. I know, I know... shame on me. Once I had read some really bad reviews I decided to cancel since it was within the 24hrs of placing my order. Talk about unprofessional!! Begging me to keep my dress and saying they'll talk to the manager about CONSIDERING refunding my money. I demanded my money and bombarded them with emails threatening to contact my bank over the matter. I recieved an email back saying "we are refunding the money for you. Don't contact the credit card company plz. Thx. Best wishes, Jewel." Got an email from paypal this morning saying my full refund was sent via paypal, just waiting for it to show on my account. They are a scam. Their fear of me calling the card company validates that. DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE SKETCHY $#*!ES!!!!!

kymmb
2/15/15

I WOULD ADVISE ANYBODY TO NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! I WISH I HAD READ THE REVIEWS FIRST!!! THEY DO NOT HONOR THEIR POLICY!! THEY ARE OVERSEAS!!! WHEN I TRIED TO CANCEL THE DRESSES BECAUSE I WAS NOT GETTING MARRIED...THEY STILL TRIED TO SELL THEM TO ME WHEN I DIDNT WANT THEM. THEY TRIED TO MAKE DEALS WITH ME WHEN I DIDNT WANT THE DRESSES. I WENT THROUGH MY BANK TO TRY TO FILE A DISPUTE TO GET MY MONEY BACK. THIS COMPANY SAID THAT MY BANK DID A CHARGEBACK AFTER THEY FINALLY SENT THE DRESSES TO ME. THE DRESSES WERE HEAVY AND NOT LIKE THE PICTURE AND I DIDNT WANT THEM ANYWAY. I SENT THE DRESSES BACK AND NOTIFIED MY BANK OF MY ACTIONS TO CONTINUE THE DISPUTE. I FIND OUT THAT THE COMPANY VALIDATED THE TRANSACTION!!! SO NOW THEY HAVE MY $300+ AND THE MERCHANDISE...AND I SPENT $60 TO SEND THE STUFF BACK...AND I AM NOT GETTING ANY OF MY MONEY BACK!!!! I AM VERY ANGRY AND I FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE FCC AND NEVER HEARD ANYTHING BACK...SO I FILED A COMPLAINT ON MY BACK AND DRESSALE.COM WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!! IT MAY NOT HELP...BUT I WANT TO BE HEARD AND THEY SHOULD READ THE COMPLAINTS ON THIS COMPANY AND SHUT THEM DOWN FOR ALL THE COMPLAINTS. I WONDER IF I WROTE THE PEOPLE IN THE GOVERNMENT...WILL THEY INVESTIGATE THE RIP OFFS AND ISSUES WE HAVE HAD WITH THIS COMPANY???

christinap12
2/11/15

PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE!! IT IS A SCAM!!! I ordered my dress from them about a month ago and when I received the box it was half way open. When I opened the dress it was WORSE. The stitching was HORRIBLE. The material was NOT THE SAME AS ADVERTISED and the craftsmanship looked like I had made the dress MYSELF WITH NO SEWING ABILITY! Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT ORDER from them! And they do NOT have a freaking phone number and give you the run around also. I was offered 10% back on the freaking dress and they asked ME to come out of my POCKET to get their poor craftsmanship skills corrected "locally". I am still trying to get my money back! All of the good reviews on this website are a SCAM please DO NOT DO IT!D

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE!

daisyh5
2/10/15

DO NOT BUY A DRESS FROM DRESSALE.COM!!!!! I read the reviews and most were bad but some were good so i decided to go ahead and spend $130 on a dress i wanted vs $290 for the same dress on a different website. I ordered a shear, black, dress with slits and it was suppose to be a stretchy material and i knew what the dress looked like in person because a friend of mine had the same one. When it arrived in the mail, the box was torn and beat up. This showed that no care was taken in the shipment of the dress. THE DRESS WAS SO CHEAPLY MADE AND THICK MATERIAL.it was not shear at all and looking nothing like the picture displayed. I was so bulky and ugly so i emailed them demanding a refund and i wanted to send the dress back. they told me that they " put a lot of hard wok and labor into it" MY $#*!!!! There was no hard work and labor in that uGLY ass dress. They told me they would give me a 10% discount if i kept the dress and i was like "huh uh" i aint keeping this piece of $#*! ass dress." They said their material and supply are different so their dresses don't resemble the pictures displayed. WHY THE $#*! WOULD THEY DISPLAY A DRESS AND SEND A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CHEAPLY MADE DRESS!!! I honestly advise you not to buy from them. The few good reviews you see of dressale are probably scams. Don't waste your time an money on dressaLe at all. THEY ARE ALL $#*! ASSES WHO DESERVE TO $#*!ING BURN IN HELL FOR THE UGLY $#*! THEY SENT ME.

nancyl50
1/26/15

THEY DO NOT HONOR THEIR RETURN POLICIES. I attempted to cancel an order I placed within 24 hours. According to their websites return policy, they state you are entitled to a full refund. They are not honoring their own policy. I also received several voice messages from them trying to work something out so I either keep the dress or exchange it through them. They left no return number. The caller ID number doesn't work and you cannot find a number on their website.

We are going on a week now of trying to get them to cancel my order and here is their response:

Dear customer,
Thanks for your shopping with Dressale.Sorry to hear that you want to cancel the order, if you do , there will be a series of fees ,such as Paypal Transaction Fees,Order Information System Processing Fees,Product Procurement Operation Fees etc, which will be certain economic loss for you.Thus , we do hope that you can reconsider it .For cancellation ,several options are offered to you so that we can handle the order in a better way .
If you can keep the order, you can enjoy one of the following promotions:
A1.We will send you an extra gift. You can choose any item(which must be lower than 15% of your original product’s price) from our website ,such as clothing ,jewelry,shoes and so on.
A2.You have the right to exchange the item you ordered.Feel free to choose any other item,just make sure its price is lower than 115% of your original item’s price.When you are ready ,tell us the item code ,then we will change it for u .
A3.If you keep the order , a partial refund of 7.5% will be returned to your original account or 15% refund will be returned to your dressale account,which can be used for your future purchase.Which one do u prefer?
A4.The order will be cancelled and 110% refund will be done to your dressale account ,in this way ,you won’t be charge for any fees.
If you insist on canceling the order, all the fees you will have to bear is as follows:
B1.(cancel the order less than 24 hours)Paypal Transaction Fees(4.4%+0.3$)+Order Information System Processing Fees (3.7%)

Plz tell us your final decision asap so that we can handle your order in short time.If you have any questions about the above options ,Plz send email to customer_service@dressale.com to consult our after sales Department .

Regards ,
Gina

Tip for consumers: This does not appear to be a legitimate business. A legitimate business cancels/ returns orders without issue. They are very responsive via email but it's apparently the only way to get in touch with them unless they call you and you are available to take their call.

charlenes10
1/23/15

Horrible customer service! I ordered my wedding dress on this website a month before my wedding. I knew it was last minute and the est. time of arrival was in 2 weeks. I paid with my paypal account and when it was a week till my wedding I started to worry. Since there is NO phone number to talk to anyone I had to use the 24/7 chat room where an associate told me that my wedding dress could not be filled and they canceled the order without emailing me. Although they claim to have sent me one, they tried to send me a duplicate of the email, nothing in my inbox that day or the next. I complained via email to their customer service email and demanded all my money be refunded to paypal. They then claimed that I CANCELED the dress and would take "handling fees" from my refund which amounted in $45!! I am outraged with this service and encourage NO ONE to ever use this site.

jenniferm102
1/21/15

When I wore it to my party. It was very uncomfortable because the shoulders kept falling off shoulder, the hips where they took it in had thick seams under the liner because they did not cut out what they took in... and I was seriously embarrassed when I happen to look down and on my left breast it looked torn . Upon further inspection I notice that it was the fold on my breast.... it was not sown under that pleat and only had 3 tact's holding the pleat over it down. one tact on each breast and one in the middle... the raw seam kept poking out since it wasn't sown under the overlapping pleat... I would think paying over $208 for a dress I would get better quality... It was very embarrassing. I spent the rest of night hiding under my shawl since it looked like my dress was ripped on my breast and the shoulders kept falling down, not to mention the V for the neckline was puckered and not a clean seam. I contacted Customer Service for them and they wanted me to take all of these pictures I have shown below. It took several attempts to send them

S Support to me 3 hours later--- Dear customer, Really sorry that you are not satisfied with the dress we made.We made the dress by hand instead of machine,which sometimes may result in the imperfect stitching.But this won't affect the whole dress.Would you mind fixing the dress locally?This is the best way for both of us . We are willing to give you a big discount for your next order, thank you Regards, Jewel

A BIG DISCOUNT for my next purchase? There will not be another purchase from them... how is that going to pay for the defects in this "custom" made dress. Really!?! WOW!! My advice to anyone thinking of ordering from these people..... DON'T!!! RUN!!! It's a waste of money!

Sincerely,
Jen

Tip for consumers: DON'T!!! RUN!!! It's a waste of money!

marisah1
1/18/15

I previously bought a gown from Dressale during the New Year holiday. The dress shown on their website was beautiful and I fell in love with the look. I was very excited to order my dress. Only to find out that when my package arrived and I opened the bag, the embellishments fell off one by one. The company used a glue gun to apply the embellishments instead of taking their time to sew it on. The glue residue was all over the entire black dress. This made the dress unwearable. I have sent over a dozen emails and photos of the poor quality of the dress and Dressale has refused to refund me my money. The audacity of them to offer me 10% of a $200 plus dress was just an insult to me. They have not made any other offers to satisfy the customer. PLEASE do not order any of Dressales's gowns because they are a company that makes poor quality of clothing, they are unwilling to refund you for their poor craftsmanship and you will be a very unhappy customer.

tifj
1/11/15

Do not buy from them! The dresses they advertise are not what they send you. Like an idiot, I bought a wedding from them. It was supposed to be a custom measurement order & it still didn't fit. Which I'm sure was partly my fault. I've never measured myself for an article of clothing b/f. Other than that issue, the dress I received barely resembled the dress I had ordered. They refused to allow me to return it. Even after I followed all of their ridiculous instructions of their return investigation procedure. The only compensation they were willing to give me was 10% off my next purchase. As if I will ever buy from them again. Their website says dressale.com London, but it's really somewhere in China. Their customer service was the worst when I was attempting a return. Chatting with an online representative was close to impossible due to their inability to properly form a sentence in English, and to the fact that I was never allowed to chat with the same person. It was always a "Jewel" or "Ester", conviently opposite the service I received while placing my order. The dress was just awful. I never wore it, and ended up donating it away. Maybe some young girl will buy it as a Halloween costume. Luckily I paid for it with my credit card, and not my debit.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it!

anneo4
1/9/15

I was so disappointed with a dress for my son's wedding that I ordered from Dressale. It did not fit despite sending custom measurements and there was far too much stiff padding in the bodice/bust area .The waist was too big, the lining was showing in parts and the dress was unwearable. They suggested having the dress remade by a tailor!!! I requested a refund and sent at least 15 photos of the poorly made dress and was only offered 15% off my next order (ha ha) or 10% refund which I finally reluctantly agreed to. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! Their workmanship is poor and their customer service is substandard when the customer is not happy!

Tip for consumers: Do not buy a dress from this company!!

donah2
1/9/15

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. i would give a -o rating, however this is not an option. They sent me the wrong dress and told me to take it to get it altered. they will not give me a return address so i can send back. Customer service is really bad. Does anyone know of an address I can return to??? they said the one on the website is wrong! Oh my gosh, very disturbing. I paid a lot of money fro the dress and it is not the right one :(

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DresSale staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: whats the return policy?
4/20/15
Answer
th3884
A: With all due respect, it doesn't matter what they "say." This company is so dishonest. When they get enough bad reviews, they change their name. My order arrived after the promised date and we returned it COMPLETELY UNOPENED, still sealed! When I disputed it, because they would not refund (even though it was their fault it arrived late) they told my credit card company that it arrived worn and smelling like perfume. That was a complete lie! She never even saw the dress bc we did not open the container. I wish I would have looked at the reviews before purchasing. They received the unopened dress to resell and kept my money!!!!
4/20/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: Just wondering how many of you ordered your exact dress size or sent custom sizes and was tge outcome positive or not? With so many terribke reviews i am interested in learning if this company does better with direct dress sizes vs custom sizes.
I am nervous to order. Thanks Ladies
Heather
5/1/15
Answer
tamid1
A: Do NOT order from this site....horrible merchandise and no return policy!!!
2 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the DresSale staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

87 Photos for DresSale