US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

brandonm45
12/11/14

I have purchased many refurbished products in the past. Typically you expect some wear and tear, but for the most part like new condition. in my past experience, there is a stark difference between used and refurbished. I saw an ad indicating a refurbished WiiU w/ Nintendo land for a great deal so I purchased it. When it arrived the box that was INSIDE the shipping box was incredibly beat up. It looked worse than a box you would find at a yard sale, and again this was INSIDE the shipping box, so that means that is how the package left their warehouse. I opened up the box to find ONLY a wii U and gamepad. When I say ONLY a Wii U, I don't mean a full console and no game. I mean it was just the black box that is the Wii U. not a single power cable, video/audio cable, any of the games or wii motes that the box indicates come with the console, nor the advertised game. On top of that the console was heavily damaged. Again, from experience, when I purchase refurbished products they either clean up the casing, or completely replace it (as the plastic casing is usually very low cost to them) I contacted support and they couldn't care less. They informed me they do not guarantee what will come with their products and at that point the ad was taken down, so I could not verify that their ad offered the additional game. They told me my only recourse was to mail it back to them for a refund. The customer service was less than pleasant.. I asked if I could return the console to a Best Buy since they own cowboom but was told I must send it back. I did some pricing, and had I purchased all the cables needed to actually USE my system it would have cost me more than a new console.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

maureenr4
10/4/14

Bought my son a reburbished Dell. It never worked and after many calls to the company with conflicting information, after 2 months we were asked to send the computer back to the company. Well after a bizarre series of customer service agents who mysteriously left and dropped the ball, the computer being shipped to the wrong address.....they finally said it was being fixed. It has now been 4 months and after many more calls it has supposedly shipped on Friday according to the first CSR then Tuesday according to the second CSR who provided a tracking number. Well what a surprise we entered the tracking number, no such tracking number. DO NOT EVER BUY FROM THIS SITE

robertb120
3/4/14

Bought a refurbished Ipad 1. Great price, but the wifi connection is useless if you are not standing directly in front of your modem/router. Told them about it, but they could care less. You get what you pay for, once again.

stevenk36
2/12/14

They cancelled two of my auction and said no replacement available but the same items is on there site for sale at a higher price

ms113
11/22/13

I purchases a laptop from Cowboom. It was a refurbished product. I have purchased many refurbished products in the past. This is the first one that wasn't as advertised. The battery lasts less than an hour. When I turn the computer off for the night and return the next day the charge is about 38%. Also, the left mouse button is broken. It feels like a spring is missing or something. Lastly, the laptop is well worn. A part of the plastic "grill" that allows air into the case by the fan is broken. I emailed customer service about the battery and the broken button. Unfortunately, the computer was a gift and it sat over 15 days. Customer service told me that because it was beyond the 15 day return limit they would not support it. I don't think I'll be buying from them again. The money I saved I'll end up spending to fix the computer and I'll still have a well used machine.

geneg9
5/17/13

Have purchased a couple of items from the site.
Even though the last one purchased was not delivered, we were refused a replacement or money refund.
You are purchasing a used item, I would suggest other sources.

jamesi9
2/28/13

Cowboom's shipping policy is ridiculous!!!!
They require a signature (no you can't go after work to get the package), and they will not allow the package to be held at UPS for you to pick up. So basically you have to take a day off of work and sit there and wait for the package to be delivered. And FYI, no they won't allow a building manager to sign for it either.

jesseg
EXPERT
2/2/11

Ever wonder what happens to items when they are returned to Best Buy? Well Cowboom has the answer, they sell them. Best Buy will recertify the products and offer them to us the customer at discount pricing.

Cowboom is run and maintained by Best Buy. You can buy new and used but good items on this site. It's a must for the bookmark folder for any online shopper or electronic junky. Feel free to browse the site for deals and items that you might be looking for. Find one and order it. It's that simple you like and you buy. I have personally ordered two "returned" but good items and love them. I have no problems with these items and of course loved saving the money.

Can you go wrong saving money? Give this site a look and you might find yourself just the deal you need to spend a little hard earned money. I highly recommend this site and rated it 3 out 4 only because they may not have something for everyone. Feel free to shop with the confidence of buying good products from a good company. Thanks Best Buy!!!