US Government's NSF

domain@booking.com

237 Reviews for Booking.com

▼ Sort by: recent

8/27/14

Booking.com does not have a customer service.

All the hundreds of complaints on this and other websites state, most of the time, that Booking.com was contacted when the problem arose AND THEN Booking.com does nothing most of the time leaving us to rant and rave on these websites and then a Booking.com posts a message for more information, info that they already have.
Why didn't they resolve the problem in the first place?

Booking rely on this shoddy customer service as most people don't have the time, energy or confidence to fight them and walk away out of pocket.

I am currently looking at my legal options but will be posting very actively my experiences.

Tip for consumers: READ THE CONTRACT.
They cover themselves for absolutely everything and screw you for absolutely everything.

8/27/14

Write yoWe made booking for a resort (Emarald Western Ghats Resorts) using booking.com.The company sent us a confirmation with booking no # 328592826. Our group of 10 people gathered from different parts (including from abroad).We traveled 8 hours and spend lot of money to reach there.Upon arrival the resort refused stay saying no booking is done. We called customer care of booking.com after discussion they failed to honor our booking.Then we had to again travel 8 hours to come all the way back to bangalore.The overall experience was horrible for my family and friends. Apart from financial loss we went through mental harrashment as wellur review to help others learn about this online business

Tip for consumers: Horrible. A nightmare of experience.

8/23/14

Booked the Chateau De Siran in Siran, SW France through Booking.com for three nights and arrived at the hotel at 9 pm to discover it was not has described ( a dump) - flies, cob-webs, dirty and run down. Told the owner / manager we would checking out the next morning and we would pay for one night. Spoke to Booking.com twice on the phone to let them know we were leaving. Booking.com claimed they had no knowledge of my calls, a huge row ended up with police being called who spoke no English. I was threatened with arrest for 24 hours if I didn't pay for the entire three nights. I was travelling with my young son and had no choice but to give into the exhortation of my cash. Booking.com are not interested. Why use them if they can't provide even basic protection to their end customers from misleading hotel service providers ?

Tip for consumers: Why use them at all - book direct and save yourself a lot of trouble when things go wrong.

8/23/14

Just booked a Hotel through booking.com and was told I would be paying in the local currency (EURO).
However I was billed in my own currency and was charged an extra 3%, on top of the quoted price, due to their made up exchange rate. Nice

After eight emails to customer services explaining the issue I gave up, My credit card company are investigating it for me.

8/21/14

I run my own guest house in the highlands of Scotland, and I was delighted when book com asked me if u would sign up with them...on numerous occasions Ive had double bookings, eg, 2,single rooms , and 3 people through booking dot com have booked them, so when I explained to BDC I don't have 3 single rooms , they said it was my fault and asked if I had arranged alternative accommodation and whatever the cost was they would take their cut, this left me out of pocket for their mistake. They will never admit to being in the wrong and won't entertain any complaint. Nor do they pay uk corporation tax. This is not a company I would recommend.

8/20/14

I have been using Booking.com for a number of years with generally good results. The navigation between hotel details and the map view could be better and they could do a better job of targeting my results to room quotes of available rooms and the number of travelers I specify. If I search based on 2 people don't give me quotes for 1 person.

I made the unfortunate recent discovery that Booking.com is not being 100% honest when it comes to reviews. I recently posted a less than favorable review about a stay at the Novotel Hotel at Paris CDG and now, 6 weeks later, my review is nowhere to be found on Booking.com. That in itself is not a big deal but how can I NOT question the reviews and ratings I see on Booking.com. Do certain hotels buy favorable treatment?

8/19/14

I did several bookings on booking.com, until today.

Because from now on I will never do another reservation on booking.com. I will tell you my story and you will understand why.

2 months ago, I booked some hotel in Greece via booking.com. With 2 days before start of the holiday I receive a mail from booking saying that reservation was cancelled. I was astounded, I never thought this could be possible. But it is. And booking staff informed me that hotel simply canceled my booking because they could not process my credit card.

Ok, lets rollback.

1. Booking.com scams people, by selling different products than are presented on their site.

I did a reservation with no prepayment. It is stated very clear that payment will be done at hotel and not deposed will be charged at all So booking.com presents and sells services - booking offer that are not real, are fake.
It was not a problem to pay the reservation at the moment of booking. But B.com stated very clear that is not necessary, and (pre)sold me a different service that presented to me.

2. Booking.com does not respect the booking contract.

A booking is like a contract between 2 or more parts that are come in agreement for the service of renting a hotel room for example. Like any contract, a booking also can that can be cancelled. But for that there must be some reasons and some sanctions. If i would canceled the booking i would have to pay half of the total amount. How come hotel cancelled the booking without any penalty. I don;t really care for that, i care why booking.com allowed that. They keep saying that is hotel fault, that the hotel cancelled. But wait, i entered on b.com website. i made the reservation - contract not with the hotel, but with the booking.com. Booking cancellation was operated by booking.com. More, when you operate this you must have a reason, and the reason was a fact forbidden by booking contract = the prepayment.
Not in a moment, booking did not say, stop, you can;t cancel the reservation for this reason, because it can;t. the booking contract says something else. But no, they cancelled without even considering this, and the booking contract.

In conclusion, you can anytime book a hotel on b.com and when you get there, after you travel thousands of miles, you find out you have to sleep under free sky.

So this being said, goodbye booking.com
I will still visit you, maybe, to see list of available hotels, but never again do a booking with you. You are reliable, you promise one thing and do another, you don't respect your customers

Tip for consumers: Book directly on hotel

8/19/14

I made a reservation in July and made a change close to the arrival date. When I arrived at the Sleep Inn in Wilmington, the desk said that the reservation had been cancelled by Booking.com. THIS was 10pm at night. I had an email confirmation for the new reservation and it was not honored. The hotel said this was a frequent experience with Booking.com. Since this was the night before orientation for the largest freshman class ever at UNCW, we were put in a terrible situation. Write your review to help others learn about this online business

Tip for consumers: Go directly to the hotel sites. Avoid Booking.com at all cost.

8/19/14

I've booked with booking.com quite often in the past, with decent satisfaction. And I did so because I believe in the power of online reviews to increase transparency in the hotel business. However, it just became clear to me that booking.com manipulates bad reviews. I booked two different hotels in the same week. The first one turned out to be wonderful but the second was just too bad. I reviewed both on the same day. The good review was published the next day. The bad review is still pending (several weeks have passed). I contacted them and they just gave me bla-bla-bla. Clearly, although they may end up publishing it to pretend they are transparent, they will wait as much as they can so that your bad review does not show up at the top. This company's good old days are gone.

8/16/14

I always book hotels via Booking.com. I always receive a survey to rate the hotel I stayed in. It only takes a day or two for the review to be posted. 15 days have passed and my review is still not posted. I emailed them several times and they gave me 4 business days as the estimated time of resolution. After 4 days i emailed them again and all they can tell me is sorry. They said they are still investigating the issue. The only reason why they wouldn't post my review is because I gave the lowest possible rating and explained what happened during my stay at a certain hotel.

They don't post negative reviews.

Tip for consumers: Do not trust the reviews.

8/14/14

I have used this site in the past with good results.....however, I recently booked a room and received my confirmation number.....(2 nights away with my wife, without the kids for the first time in 5 years!) Booking.com called the next morning to very bluntly state the hotel was double booked, that it was the hotels fault, nothing to do with them....and there was nothing they could do about it, regardless of my confirmation number! Now here's the hardest part.....we can't get any accommodation where we want to go! I will avoid this website going forward and advise as many people as possible to do the same. It's boycott.com for booking.com from here on out, it's not acceptable to treat people like this. I can only hope they go from worst to bust.

Tip for consumers: Avoid this website and encourage others to do the same......there's better, more professional sites available

8/12/14

We booked hotels in Buenos Aires through Booking.com and found it was a huge mistake especially for visitors who do not speak English. The hotels only provide a poor copy of map with black and white color. People at the reception desk do not always speak English. Moreover, it is not possible to change the reservation or cancel the hotel. We lost a lot of money because of the pilot strike today (12/08/14). We will never book hotels through this website.

8/12/14

I booked an apartment in Paros, Greece and they had put us literally in their stockhouse/laundry room and it had THE WORST hygiene conditions I ever experienced. I wrote my review of the place describing my experience but booking did not post it but it had posted all the good reviews I had written for other hotels/apartments in Greece during that period. Then I tried to contact them through e-mail but there was no reply. I am sorry but I do not consider booking.com's reviews and ratings of hotels/apartments trustworthy anymore. I think their review/rating system is very selective

8/10/14

Had dispute with Diamond Motel Owen Sound Ontario (DO NOT STAY THERE - total false advertising on motel website.) Management at Motel & Booking.com - Booking.com says on their website they verify reviews. Received e-mail stating they do not vouch for accuracy of listing or reviews. WHATS POINT OF USING THEIR SERVICES

Paul H - Toronto

8/10/14

We are a new B&B startup in Madeira Park, BC, Canada. Although using Booking.com is a tad expensive (15%!), we have been very happy with them. After all, 85% of a booking is better than none at all. We've had dozens of bookings through Booking.com, and all have been excellent - great guests who have been very happy with our new establishment, and who have given us very good reviews. We've had only one cancellation. As soon as I get a booking through Booking.com, I contact the guest to confirm their stay, provide our policies and website information, and generally, a more lengthy dialogue follows. Thanks Booking.com!

8/7/14

Deceptive. Watch miles from if you decide to choose a hotel "close" to the town you're looking at. Booking.com provides "straight line" distance; there may be NO ROADS.

What was 11.2 miles according to the Booking.com site became 28 miles (with roads) and a 45 minute drive.

Deceptive. You only see the straight line deal if you hover over the italicized miles provided, which does not look like a link. I will never book with them again.

8/6/14

I made a number of bookings in Europe with booking.com but one hotel in Rothenberg charged much more than what was on their own website.
When I got home booking.com wouldn't honor the guarantee as there was now no rate for that date as it was past.

8/6/14

We are not clients but so called "Partners"

We signed up less than a week ago as "Partners" with Booking.com, We are a 2 room B & B and we have worked long and hard and take great pride in our establishment. We work very hard to have happy guests.

Within 15 minutes of being told we were now "live" with Booking.com they emailed us 5 bookings - 3 for that night alone.

Whilst we were busy trying to get our heads around their booking calendar and contacting Customer Services to advise we were now overbooked because they wouldn't stop emailing us with bookings, they kept emailing. Apparently if you have a fax machine they send a confirmation fax but we don't have one.

We spent a lot of time contacting other places to accommodate these "overbookings" and sent a 5 day booking back to them to deal with as we had unavailable days during that period of time. We have now been advised that not only will they bill us the 15% commission but that we will be liable for any other costs to the client - i.e taxi's etc because we and they were unable to find anything equal to our B & B in our area. Even if we had found somewhere - they still charge us for the commission,!!

They also booked 8 people and 2 pets into our B & B despite our website stating we can only take 3 people per room maximum and we do not accept pets. They have advised that we will be invoiced for not being able to honour the booking and sent an email saying we had advertised THREE rooms as available at that time. We don't have 3 rooms (except ours and we definitely don't share that with anyone!).

We have written so many emails and had so many conversations with their "Customer Services" we have lost the will to live.

No one takes responsibility, no one directly answers our concerns about Booking,com's booking practices and we have had enough. We dread seeing another booking emailed through as we don't want to have anything more to do with them so we have now "Fully Booked" their calendar to just get them off our backs whilst we wait yet again for someone to tell us how to terminate our "Partnership" with these sharks.

They take 15% commission and NO responsibility for their agents mistakes.

It is clear that all they care about are their commissions.

We have now lost a lot of money and worked very hard to look after their guests and it has all been for nothing. We will stick with our website and Tripadvisor and AirBnB and our other advertisers from now on.

Ironically the CEO of Priceline/Booking.com is Darren Huston - the same name as mine unfortunately. We will send a formal letter to him but we know it will do no good.

We are at our wits end with their constant emails telling us we will have to reimburse this and pay for that with not one email or phone call to us to discuss our concerns. We are so angry we are looking at going to TV consumer programmes and websites and the EU Trading Standards as we are getting nowhere with this farce of a booking agent.

Even the mighty fall if they upset enough people and after searching the web, we wish we had read the feedback about them before signing up.

The stress they have caused us is horrendous in less than one week.

It is little more than fraud and it's about time people stood up to these behemoths.

They have lost us both as customers who always used them to book and as "Partners". If they lose enough people, maybe they will take note.

8/5/14

Why do they need a commercial touting a family vacay, and use the word "booking", like it is the f word? Disgusting.

8/5/14

I reserved a hotel through booking.com. I have never stayed in such a terrible hotel room before with such terrible service. I will never reserve through book.com again..

8/4/14

I booked for 2 apartments, es fumeral and can confite in ibiza, spain. I was charged this on my credit card:
7/26/2014 VS BM INMOBILIARIA EIVISSA ES $1,181.53

7/25/2014 VS BM INMOBILIARIA EIVISSA ES $556.36
7/25/2014 VS BM INMOBILIARIA EIVISSA ES $448.68

They're not supposed to charge customers until check in and i'm not sure why there are 3 charges like this. Anyway the 2 apartments were about that amount for the days i booked. Our flight was delayed, i notified booking.com and the landlords about the delay. Landlord said yeah yeah no problem lady we'll meet you there. And of course they weren't there. And sent some run around texts and emails saying they don't check in guests late etc, completely negating what they said on the phone.

Listings links below …

It's fraudulent pure and simple and i want the public to know. Thanks.

8/3/14

We booked two family rooms through Booking.com in B&B in Hythe, Kent to attend a social event. Reviews on Booking.com were fairly good. Arrived to find our rooms double-booked and were offered no alternative, despite have received email confirmation of booking and having checked the previous day by phone. Ended up returning to Devon same night as other venues full, leaving our weekend ruined and two extremely exhausted children. Read reviews on Tripadvisor.co.uk to discover many other guests put in the same situation as us, and those that have managed to stay at same B&B have posted terrible reviews.

7/31/14

As a host we get stuck with no-shows & many cancellations on our listing @ Booking.com they do not provide much for the fee they get compared to Airbnb.com, Expedia, Flipkey & ect.

7/31/14

I have recently made a hotel reservation at Booking.com with an option of free cancelation.
At the same day my credit card was immediately charged ($163 for the first night of my stay). Now I would like to cancel my booking and I want to get my money back (cancel this charge).
How can it be possible - to have an option of free cancelation and, on the other hand, charging my credit card?
What steps should I take now?
If I cancel this booking, will it automatically refund my credit card?
I usually make many reservations at Booking.com and it never happened. Now it makes me worried.
Waiting for your prompt answer.

7/29/14

Terrible customer service. We stayed at a dump in London called the Carlton Hotel. We had no idea it would be so bad. We paid for two nights, but when we saw the room, we knew we could only stay one night. We called Booking.com to complain, they called the Carlton and then contacted us again saying that the Carlton was fine with us checking out after the one night. But in the morning when we told the Carlton front desk we were leaving, they said we'd have to pay for two nights. When we called Booking.com back, they acted like they never spoke to us the night before. DO NOT use Booking com.

7/28/14

They are not to be trusted. Used to use them for booking hotels, but no more. When they say that there is "NO CANCELLATION FEES", it actually means that the cancellation fees are about 25% of the booking's total value. You only realize this after you have made the booking and received their confirmation.

Also, I have booked rooms in Intercontinental directly cheaper than their advertised rate on their web site. Will not use them again.

7/27/14

Some years ago I had visited Boussetil rooms in Tinos island in Greece and I was satisfied. So I chose again to book there. Unfortunately, this time I was disappointed. First, the room was too small, not clean enough (there were tiny pieces of hair on the bedsheets), the wc was smelling piss (the toilet was broken and rejoined with af if with glue on its basis), and the flush out of order. Second, the yard outside of our room was crowded, so we had our window and door always closed (not fresh air). Besides, in the yard, there were $#*! not picked away smelling too bad, and on our arrival, the big trash can was turned over with the garbage out. At the other end of the yard also, there was a big gap towards a wild dingle, which is dangerous for kids and pets as well. Many cats were around the yard and the laundry was hanging around. In the end, the icing of the cake; after we had payed Manthos and we asked for a lift to the port, he refused with the excuse that he had to go out with friends. Therefore he suggested us to take a taxi (while on our arrival he came and picked us with his van). In a few words when he hear "Boussetil" we run away!!

7/23/14

We booked a room in Nags Head, NC. The booking site showed various rooms and we booked a Queen room. The photos on Bookings should a very spacious room that was remodeled, a water view and small kitchen. When we arrived our room barely fit the queen bed. The small kitchen was a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. There was barely enough room to turn around. There was no small table or even a chair to sit in. The staff at the hotel was great, although the free internet was down both days, and most importantly the room was clean---old and dated but clean. My problem is with the misrepresentation in the site for booking.com. For me, it is a site with little trust to use again.

7/22/14

It states cancellation no fees, however when you try to change the date they charge you 100% of the fee???the hotel says they are tied through booking?com, if we booked direct through them they would have changed.
Rip off! Book direct through hotel and ignore booking.com

7/21/14

Was visiting my daughter in Ayr Australia so looked on booking.com which only showed me 4 motels so I thought I'd look at b&b,but at this point it redirected me to Ayr Scotland. Whether it was I was on a small phone I did not notice or see anything to indicate this, so I booked immediately realised what had happened and cancelled. The ad said pay at hotel but the hotel (beechwood guest house ayr scotland) took the money. Booking. Com said nothing to do with them but always evaded directly answering the point of how I came from Australia to Scotland, tried 4 times and never got anything but contact hotel, the hotel whom I contacted a couple of times just completely blanked me no response what so ever. As with many large companies now they feel so large you get the 'what's one person syndrome' what's it matter to us if one customer goes elsewhere!

7/20/14

I booked a room for a weekend in NYC and selected the more expensive "refundable" room. When I called the hotel on another matter they told me that they had taken a $289 deposit (that I was unaware would be taken) and that if I were to cancel I would lose the deposit. I called Booking.com and they said that "each hotel has their own policy." I do wonder how I was supposed to know that even though they told me it was refundable up until the day before that is, in fact, not true. I would not use this site again.

7/16/14

I refuse to even rate booking.com or my experience at Apartamentos sol in Madrid. I will be contacting all forms of legal revenues in regards to the experience. First of all, we showed up to an apartment with no air conditioning the weekend of 7/11. We were told it would be fixed, of course it was never fixed. The apartment is literally falling apart. The owner SILVIA LAZARO LOPEZ is not maintaining the apartment in any way shape or form. Every shower floods, the shower heads are so rusted that they are falling apart.... I'm surprised the water is not getting to the floors below, you walk out of the shower to step into a lake...and in one of the showers the water doesn't even drain, so you're in a puddle of water through out the entire shower. Only one fan worked the other was literally in pieces, we paid for toilet paper and showed up to zero toilet paper. We were robbed on our first night there of 300 euros, someone went into the apartment while we were out and took money from everyone's luggage. We contacted SILVIA LAZARO LOPEZ and she screamed at us and called us liars. We asked who had access to the apartment aside from the sketchy maintaince guy, we also asked for his name which she refused to give us...mind you there are three doors one must open into order to get into the apartment, so clearly someone with access came in. She screamed and then hung up on us, terrible customer service. BOOKING.COM did not help out at all. We felt unsafe and couldn't checkout because neither the owner nor booking.com replied to us. The owner never answered another call or text until checkout day. She then charged our card 150 euros when asked why she never responded, only booking.com responded with the information, to then inform us they are not responsible for anything. It is pathetic to see a company so desperate for money that they would leave such an unfit apartment on their site. Oh and when SILVIA LAZARO LOPEZ finally brought toilet paper, she brought it while we were gone and went into the apartment without our permission....wonder if she was the one who robbed us. It is scary and disgusting to know that we were being watched and that someone entered as soon as we left. She said she would call the cops to build a report, obviously never did, she was so guilty that she freaked out screamed and avoided us like the plague. Last time I ever use booking.com I will be sharing all posts on all social mediums to advise everyone of the terrible customer service we have received from all parties. The embassy was closed during my stay, I return to Madrid in a few days, I will be visiting and writing a report in regards to this thief.

7/13/14

I booked a beach front villa six months prior to travel and duly received confirmation. I was then told two weeks before travel that it was overbooked and offered lesser accommodation. It would seem that confirmation does not actually mean that it is confirmed. Booking.com prefer to blame the accommodation manager than take any responsibility. I have assurance from manager of accommodation that he did not receive the booking until six months after original booking was made. Who to believe. Does it matter I did not get my holiday as booked so will never use this website again and will in future book and confirm my own holidays.

7/10/14

Booking.com have blocked me writing a review on pousada Ebano that was uninhabitable. I had to fight fir my refund. Booking.com gave the excuse the booking was made by my wife----FALSE. I used my Booking.com account and my credit card!!
Booking.com then said I was too late to write a review----yet they did not send me the refund confirmation they promised. Who would write a bad review BEFORE getting their refund?!! Finally, Booking.com said that only one review per booking was allowed. Customer services refuse to give me contact details of a senior person at Booking.com I no longe ruse this web site as I cannot trust any reviews.

7/10/14

I initially booked a room in a San Jose Valley inn found out it was a little cheaper on booking.com turn around and didn't leave any comment on the place cuz it didn't let me give a zero. I look back and it says that my review is a 7.2 No-one ever would give this san jose Valley Inn a 7.2 go look up any other review it's a wonder how it gets 1 star.I email booking and now it is blended with someone else's name at the same 7.2 don't believe any review on booking.com I just don't use the website!

7/9/14

The worst booking site ever ....one minute booked next a problem .. can you actually speak to someone - No - as my parents use to say " don't believe everything you see on tv " .....waste of time ....

7/6/14

Basically, we booked numerous rooms for a motorcycling trip of Europe. We couldn't make our hotel booked for July 3rd so booked another (through Booking.com) and cancelled the original booking. The cancellation policy for this hotel on my Booking.com app clearly states no fee if cancelled two days before arrival. We cancelled on 1st July. Initially Booking.com charged us the whole amount for both rooms. When I complained they reduced it by 50% and directed me to the conflicting small print in the email confirmation that I had received months earlier. The customer services just appear to be working for the hotels and not the customer. I'll be going through my credit card company and requesting a chargeback for the remaining 50%. If that's how Booking.com deal with customer dissatisfaction, I, and my travelling companions will not be using Booking.com again.

7/3/14

The absolute worst customer service experience ever. I will never use this site again and discourage anyone from using them. Priceline makes reservations through them, avoid at all cost. They agreed, in writing, to reimburse me after having to change my hotel. I emailed them documentation 5 times over two weeks with no response. Then I called them and was promised a response within 24 hours. That was 4 days ago. Today I spent an hour trying to get through to follow-up only to have my call 'dropped' seven times. Once I actually got a person on the phone I was promised an email...with a link...that would take me to a webpage...where I could request reimbursement....So instead of saying, "yes, we will get you a check out today" or "we will credit your card immediately" they essentially told me to start over at square one.

7/3/14

I paid $40 dollars more a day for a room compared to the people staying next door, in the same exact type of room. I called booking.com and they could do nothing about it. I am very disappointed and will not use their site anymore.

7/1/14

I had booked the super 8 in Ticonderoga, NY.... but ended up having to cancel 5 days before....after I canceled it with Booking.com....the next day, I get a call from another motel telling me that Super 8 was overbooked and I was being sent to their motel.....to make a long story short...I decided to look up reviews about Booking.com and found out that they never cancel the hotel when you asked them to...well....so I called the hotel direct and lo and behold....they still had a room booked in my name....so I would have gotten charged for the one night...I will never use this company again and certainly won't recommend them to anyone!

6/30/14

very happy with the service that I received from the Customer Services Dept at Booking.com,They got us 100% refund from a problem with our hotel booking for our short break in early June at a well known hotel in Blackpool,cant thank them enough,does what it says on the tin,special mention to Ricky kept in constant touch with us,Thanks again Booking.com

6/27/14

I recently booked 5 rooms at a hotel in Manila where I stay EVERY time I go there. I belong to the rewards program for that particular hotel chain, so I don't even know why I was stupid enough to book through booking.com. The 5 rooms were to be used by my wifes family who would be visiting from the neighboring islands. Unfortunately an emergency arose and the family will not be coming. I contacted booking.com and told them of the situation and they told me I had an no-cancellation policy booking. I told them I understood that but the reservation was still 30 days away and we had an unfortunate incident that was out of my control. They contacted the hotel manager and they refused to cancel it without a penalty. The penalty was the full price of the rooms, about $ 4000 US. Are you kidding ? If I have to do that, I'll take some homeless people off the streets and put them up for 5 days. Booking.com told me it was out of there hands since it was up to the hotel manager, who, they say, said No. When I tried to approach the hotel manager directly, they told me to contact booking.com. The good old run around. Booking.com receives a commission from the hotel, that's why they don't want you to cancel. The hotel will not let you cancel because they have to pay booking.com no matter what. I will NEVER use either booking.com or this hotel again. The shame is, it's a hotel that I've really grown to love, but I guess making that one time bang on the customer is worth more than one who keeps coming back. Bottom line is, don't use booking.com. Go directly to the hotel site and make sure you read the fine print because even in an emergency, they don't care.

6/25/14

I booked a disabled room 3 months in advance of our trip to a Para Sporting Event. 2 weeks prior to the event I received an email from booking.com saying that they had amended my booking to a family room without asking myself if this was ok! Of course it was not ok as the room is for a full time wheelchair user who can not stand or walk. I was very annoyed with them and asked them to change the reservation back to the disabled room. After being on hold for over 10 minutes I was told that the hotel had no disabled rooms available now. The rep apologised and said I don`t know what else I can do about it now. I asked to speak to a superviser who was hopeless and eventually told me to find another hotel and they would pay for it as they had made the error. After many phone calls later to various hotels I mananged to secure a hotel with a disabled room. When I informed booking.com they say they will now only pay 20% of the cost. I am now seeking legal advise as they broke a contract and shouldn`t be able to get away with it. Needless to say I shall never book with booking.com again and I am spreading the word far and wide!!!!!!!!!

6/24/14

When my friend and I were planning a trip to Yosemite National Park, we discovered that all of the accommodations within the park were booked solid. Therefore, I used Booking.com's search engine to locate a hotel within a 30 mile radius of Yosemite Valley and booked a lovely cabin in June Lake. Imagine our surprise when we discovered that our cabin was actually located 90 miles from Yosemite Valley, not 30 as indicated on Booking.com. We had to drive an extra 4+ hours round-trip on a daily basis to visit our actual destination. Who in their right mind would book accommodations THAT far away and add THAT much driving time to their trip (not to mention the added cost for gas)? We wound up altering our plans on the last day of our vacation to skip a visit to Yosemite because we didn't want to drive so far yet again. When I wrote to customer service to complain, they stood by the distance noted on their website (because apparently it IS 30 miles as the crow flies) and they blamed ME for not double checking the DRIVING distance. Apparently, we were supposed to pack wings to fly directly over the mountain range, rather than using actual roads to get to the park. I will NEVER use Booking.com again and I will be spreading the word about their lousy and deceptive business practices.

6/24/14

Continuously popping up messages like "pay when you stay!" "no rezervation fee!" etc. But when you got a reservation, it says it cannot be cancelled without a charge. Moreover, it requires users to fill all information about the credit card. This means they could charge you in many ways, whenever they want. I was surprised, how dare they could request such important info. In case of any problem like that, booking.com does not allow the users and hotel to solve problem. It intervenes and makes money. NEVER TRUST BOOKING.COM!

6/23/14

Booked a boutique (91 rooms) hotel in Eilat through booking.com. and when we arrived at the hotel we were diverted to their sister hotel which was a very large 1,000 room family hotel. Not what I signed up for. We were told by the hotel that they were upgrading us. Rubbish we were given exactly the same type of room we should have had at the boutique hotel. It ruined our holiday. We couldn't use the pool due to it being overrun with kids and it was like stepping out into a kindergarten every day and night besides the noise at night in the corridors and next door bedrooms. My son was trying to do some revision (that is why I originally booked a 'quiet' business type hotel). On return I contact booking.com and contacted booking.com and contacted booking.com and contacted booking.com.....get the idea. Eventually after anothe 2-3 e-mails, phone calls and constant e-mailing the same requested information, they finally put me onto customer relations who up to today have not contacted me. I phoned again this afternoon and they have decided not to compensate me (they tell me they are impartial but have taken the word of the hotel who say they upgraded me...joke!!) the only monies they are willing to pay back are the costs I incurred from internet usage which I should never have been charged for in the first place. I have used booking.com for many years BUT NEVER AGAIN. If you want to book a hotel check them out on trip advisor then book it yourself.

6/20/14

I am a B&B owner , today I received a booking at1.30am for arrival that day when I tried to process it the credit card was rejected, I rang booking.com and asked them to contact the guest and sort out a new credit card , if they could nt do this by 12 noon then I wanted the booking cancelled so I could relet , they refused any form of cancelation before 6 pm and gave me a load of policy rubbish. I rang back at 12 and had another heated conversation where they threatened me with over booking charges if I cancelled and relet etc . I have 5 rooms and 20% of my stock was being blocked , the guest had entered into a contract with me by booking , my terms are very clear on b.com site , false card details , false phone no and an auto reply e mail in native language. They did not turn up and I am out of pocket for the 2 night stay, booking.com not interested , take you money and give nothing back. We the providers who pay their wages are treated as second class citizen . If an alternate booking system was around everybody would jump ship and your flash offices in Amsterdam would be vacant .
I don't expect any compensation from booking.com because they refused to cancel the booking and stopped me from having a reasonable amount of time to relet

6/19/14

Reserved apartment during May 2014 for September 2014 with offer of free cancellation up to 7 days prior to stay. Tennyson took 20% deposit the following day. Had to cancel apartment 2 days later. Raised issue of no deposit refund with booking.com on 7 June 2014 and their Ray Ali, Customer Services, advised that Tennyson should refund with 7 to 10 days. No refund received to date. One star rating for both Tennyson, Lincoln and booking.com

6/19/14

asked me to review 3 of my recent 4 stays
I have not been asked to review the 4th stay for some strange reason so will contact booking.com to query why
strangely the one they have omitted deserves a really bad review

6/18/14

I've not had a problem with this site. However, I just booked a hotel for 5 nights down in Florida and I found the same room for about 50 bucks cheaper on Priceline. I want to use the best price guarantee and I have submitted about 8 requests but no one has gotten back to me. Starting to get frustrated.

The Best Hotel Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber