US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

frankm64

We stayed in Hotel Sentral in KL Malaysia about a week ago. (in 496 reviews)

elenik

The customer service was rude and no reassuring at all. (in 140 reviews)

jackies35

I entered my credit card number because one always has to do that while reserving a hotel. (in 95 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ionam1
5/29/16

My dad has a business on booking.com and I am sick and tired of having to hear him phone and complain about their diary system!! They are constantly double booking his customers and which is their fault and then expecting him to fix it himself. When ever he tries to complain about this they tell him a manager will phone back but never do. The people on the other end of the phone are extremely rude and refuse to take responsibility. This is my dads income and they are the most popular accommodation site at the moment unfortunately. So just remember when booking with them that they treat the little guys, that actually make their company, like crap!!

frankeh
5/29/16

When you read that Booking.com is a scam IT IS!!!! If I had not experienced it for myself. They DO NOT OFFER refunds or credits. If you book directly you would so much better off.

I say use Booking as a search engine to simply find a hotel of your choice and call the hotel directly. I assure you the price will be lower or cheap AND if you have a delay in your plans or even need to cancel the hotel will work with you much easier.

In this case why even deal with the middle man schmucks! I see ppl have lost thousands I lost $333.49 but still who wants to pay for crap they never used???

In a nutshell DO NOT USE BOOKING! For those who are use to the days of old use a freaking rodary phone and call up the hotel for crying out loud and BOOK!

rayh69
5/28/16

We booked a hotel in New York through Booking.com and lost a little over $2000.00. This is a result of policies buried deep in hypertext links, rollovers, and omissions, all in their site by design, and Booking.com's shady business partners who are totally unreachable by phone and refuse to respond to emails. Working with Booking.com has been a real nightmare for us.

jonnyb6
5/27/16

I recently booked the herods hotel on tel aviv Israel through BOOKING.COM
The day after making the booking I got an email from booking.com saying that an upgrade for my room was available for approx $US260. The upgrade was for a room with a balcony and a view of the Mediterranean. I took the upgrade.
On checking into the hotel I asked whether I had a room with a balcony and a sea view and was told that all rooms have a balcony and a sea view.
I complained that I had been charged extra and her answer was I should take it up with booking.com.
I've called booking.com several times in the last month and emailed several times. I got a reply from booking.com saying that indeed they agreed that the room I got was the same are similar to my original booking and they would talk to the hotel about a refund.
Tonight I got an email from booking.com saying that the Herod hotel will not refund the amount as the upgrade was for an extra child. Why on earth would I pay for an extra child if I don't have one.
My advice is never ever book a hotel through this company. They are scammers!!
Disgusted that they wouldn't refund me.
They offered me the upgrade they should refund me.
My booking number is 713462991.

rachaelc9
5/26/16

Don't use Booking.com they are a sham, misleading their customers through false advertising. Avoid at all cost. If they are going to advertise a best price guarantee they need to honor the best price if an equivalent is found cheaper elsewhere, and of course they won't. Their communication on the matter has been exceptionally poor, poor English with some sentances unreadable. We have referred them to the advertising standards agency so they can investigate the legality of their best price guarantee advertising and hopefully they will be made to remove this from all of their advertising as it is untrue and misleading and so no one else will actually be conned it to booking with them under the illusion they will be getting the best price and don't shop around. Shop around Travel Republic are way better, much easier to deal with and often cheaper!!

larryb108
5/25/16

I had the worst experience I have had at a hotel that was booked using bookings.com. I sent a valid and truthful review of the hotel to bookings. They notified me that they had posted the review which I verified. A few days later I went back and the review for the hotel was removed from the bookings site. Bookings.com is dishonest don't trust their reviews they manipulate them the show what they want.

linb4
5/24/16

The advert for Chailey Court Basingstoke
Says

Since your dates are a while away, choose free cancellation to stay flexible. A change of plans is no problem when you have free cancellation!

FREE cancellation - PAY AT THE PROPERTY

Prepayment: The total price of the reservation will be charged at least 7 days prior to arrival.
=============================================================
I was booking 40 days in advance , nearly 6 weeks away..
When my credit card statement came I found that
On the day I booked I was charged the full £520 .
Nearly 6 weeks in advance.

I had booked 2 apartments
I sent 3 emails asking questions about the accommodation
I had no replies , so I cancelled on 24 April and 8 may .
After receiving my next credit card statement with no refund
I phoned Booking.com on 22 May and they got me a refund.

I found their advert very misleading and I do believe booking .com
Should make it clearer that all the money is taken on the day you book.

Instead of sayingThe total price of the reservation will be charged at least 7 days prior to arrival. They should say all money will be taken the day you book.
But will not be refunded the day you cancel.

To me it seems like for Chailey Court Basingstoke with booking.com
Should be avoided . They did not answer any emails I sent and they took
£520 for six weeks.

benjaminb53
5/20/16

So my wife and I booked an apartment for 3 nights to celebrate our wedding anniversary here in Hungary, Budapest.
Our experience with using booking.com was a nightmare. The guy from Emerald gave us a different apartment which was 3 times smaller than the one we were supposed to have. He was very rude and even told us we can cancel the booking if we want. (the cancellation costs is equal to the price for renting the apartment which for him was an excellent deal)
We decided to stay in the smelly, ugly and very dark apartment rather than staying on the street...
I definitely do not recommend booking.com I think they should be responsible for the service of those businesses that are using their website.

jc212
5/19/16

I stayed at a hostel at an outer suburb of rome "Thousand Sunny", i paid in cash and was later charged for cancellation. I showed the owner which then got violent (threats, shoving et). I notified booking.com instantly of the situation, and provided evidence too (including references from other roommate of the situation and of the double charge though i actually stayed the night). They charged me the cancellation and is due to me staying the day after, however, how could ive stayed the day aftee the agreed date when i lodged the complaint on that day????!!! I find that booking.com doesnt care even with all the evidence (references, logic-breakdown et). Ive used booking.com for a long time, but this situation was a definite highlight. I am now motivated to share this injustice to everyone in my circle and more (Aus, Asia, US, Europe) to warn them of booking.com and their scamful acts

arkadyl1
5/19/16

We rented an apartment in Sarlat via booking.com and faced a brutal scam orchestrated by the apartment landlord Alex Chemel. The apartment was rented for 3 nights and paid by credit card 440 and as a standard condition we provided a security deposit of 500 for case of damage. We left the apartment in the allotted time and the concierge handed the keys, leaving all in order. On the same day in the evening we received a mail from booking.com which said that the owner has requested 500 for damages yet no evidence of the damage was provided. The owner did not respond to our calls, moreover soon came a new mail from booking.com stating that the owner complains about harassment and they ask us to stop calling him. On the next day 500 was withdrawn from the credit card. Our attempts to find out any details have failed, Alex never not answer direct phone calls, only when we called from Skype using US calling number. The booking.com sent us a mail that in the future we have to deal directly with the owner of the apartment and was eliminated from involvement in this process. Thus we have not received any support from booking.com, despite the fact that for many years were his clients and had a flawless history of tens to stay in different parts of the world.

renep23
5/17/16

Stayed at a 2 bedroom apartment in downtown Vancouver advertised as good for 6 guests! Actually a one bedroom corner unit wth small dining room converted into a second bedroom with flimsy plastic wall material.3rd couple couple has to drag extra mattress from main bedroom to small living room! Arrived late in the day yet cleaning lady still in premises packing pizza boxes and trash of prior guests. Pick up and drop off keys two blocks away- perfect time wasters looking for address if unfamiliar with city! Even if you paid me, won't book this listing in booking.com as 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT IN DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER! Beware. This is my 3rd booking at Booking.com and proving to be unreliable so far. We have two cities to visit and anxious about next disappointment !

vladsd
5/16/16

I trust them and use this website for a long time. They do provide good discounts on hotels and client service, although sometimes when you address them an issue the official procedures consume a lot of time and are so annoying. Would wish them to personalize their business more towards their visitors, not hotels.

monikap3
5/16/16

This was my first time booking through booking.com and I made couple of "non refundable" mistakes. After reaching out to booking.com for money back and talking to the most helpful stuff member(Krzysztof Zbudniewek ) i was refunded all my money.
As far as hotel goes, i am surprised that people who left negative reviews, didn't research their hotels through trip-advisor and such to make sure that the place has excellent reviews form other sources.

emilyr53
5/16/16

Tried to book a hotel in Glasgow with the site but the website crashed before confirming the room and said it was not available to book at the time. Did not receive any emails to confirm a booking but was still charged for the room! Contacted the hotel who said I needed to speak to booking.com and was then sent an email by booking.com to say my room had been cancelled but what being charged the full room price. Emailed them twice to explain what happened and had no reply after 4 days.

aklilut

Stay away from Booking.com
On May 10, 2016, I booked a Hotel in Dubai for 7 nights through Booking.com and same day I received a confirmation no. 160052777. But the next day I received an e-mail from Booking.com that says that the price of AED50 is too low and it was an error committed by the Hotel and requested me to increase the price to AED190 or cancel the booking. I replied that I will not agree to new price and on May 13, 2016, Booking.com cancelled my booking unilaterally and they wanted to get off the hook without giving me any further remedial action to mitigate my problem. This is a very bad business practice and potential Booking.com customers should know that they can never be sure that their booking will be honored as they can cancel it at any time under any pretext written in their terms and conditions that seldom customers care to read.
Aklilu

davids521
5/13/16

Do not trust promises made by booking.com

I booked a furnished 2 bedroom suite in at Furnished Suites in Corporate Center in Santa Monica through booking.com As I subsequently saw from other reviews, they often double book. They did so to us (see full story below). Booking.com promised in writing to reimburse us for the additional cost. It is now 2 weeks later and I don't have my reimbursement of over $800 and they won't even respond to my emails!!!! I thought they were a legitimate company.

I showed up with my kids to get the keys. I called and left messages. I finally got through to someone and they said the apartment was no longer available. They said they had another location available. I considered it because I had no choice but they didnt tell me where it was. After calling them at least 6 times and asking for Sarah Avery who seems to work an "affiliated" company called Pelican Executive Vacation Suites, (I spoke with someone who said her name was summer who said Sarah would call me back and then said May would call me back), and consistently being told that someone would call me back, it was clear that they had nothing for me. I called booking.com and they called them on my behalf and they admitted that they had nothing for me!!!! Booking.com then tried to find me another suitable location (it was more expensive as we were paying a little over $300 and this new location was about $1200 but they said that they would make sure we would be reimbursed) but tried to get me to go to a different town which didnt work for us. So they authorized me to go to a location that I found myself in Santa Monica (which was cheaper than the alternate location they had proposed $831 as opposed to over $1200). They said I should pay for it and send then the receipt and they would reimburse. It is now more than 10 days later and 4 unanswered emails and I do not have my reimbursement and no reply from booking.com!!!

nigelb28
5/11/16

I have been using this company for 2 - 3 years and have only had a problem of being sent to a double booked hotel once ( and even then we were taken by the owner to another hotel ). I like it because you can read the reviews of people who have stayed in the hotel recently and check the rating from 1 - 10. I try for something around 7.5 plus. When you sign on with them you get cheaper deals as well.

Tip for consumers: Read the reviews of others before you book.

disgruntledc10
5/11/16

I was just at the Firehouse Inn on this week. I booked this hotel based on the ratings set by booking.com. Cleanliness was the highest rating for this hotel. Truly a deception. From the restaurant to the rooms upstairs the carpet, area rugs, & floor was filthy. The end tables in the room was dusty. From the restaurant to the room their was a musty smell. I am baffled as to how this place got such a high rating on cleanliness. Makes me wonder if the ratings are legit.

meganm54
5/10/16

I WILL NEVER BOOK THROUGH BOOKING.com AGAIN. They double charged me after they were supposed to remburse me they ended up charging me again

kirstenf1
5/10/16

I booked a room on March 13 and tried to cancel it on May 8. The reservation is for June 8. I was told I was going to be charged for the entire stay. I called the hotel they said they cannot access reservations made through booking.com as they are bought in blocks. I called booking.com and they said that it was the hotel refusing to cancel that they did not accept any fees. After putting me on hold for 10 minutes pretending to be calling the hotel. I called the hotel back and they said booking.com is known for doing this and that they are lying. After reading all these reviews, I guess I believe the hotel.

charless129
5/7/16

Went to book a refundable room for a visit 2 months in advance. The fee was only $20 on a $380 two night visit. The event was moved and when checking my email I somehow got a non-refundable confirmation. Springhill Suites took the money and ran. Booking.com looked the other way. Stay away from booking.com and Springhill Suites must be hard up as well. Charley S.

mahleta
5/7/16

Worst

chadl27
5/6/16

Hotel that we booked at with booking gave our reservations we made 5 months in advance to someone that booked after we did. We were told that 20 or so people had the same thing happen to them at this hotel that weekend. Booking notified us minutes before check in on this. We had went by the hotel earlier that day & were told that we had reservations but couldn't check in till 3pm. We told them it would be late before we could check in due to being at a concert. Lady we spoke with at the hotel said that was fine. Booking was no help at all in this matter. They don't hold the hotels responsible for bookings made through them!

maurac3
5/6/16

Because hotel condo is owned by a third party I cannot get hotel services. We have two people and one blanket, among other lacking amenities. Hotel won't sell , rent or lend me blanket. I called Booking.com nine hours ago. Never got blanket, office closed now. They did not even supply facial tissues. There is one little bar of soap for two people for a week. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. What a shame !

jackys6
5/6/16

we booked a wellness hotel in Belgium on 5.8 km from a village where we wanted to go shopping.
My husband forgot his swimwear so we bought a pair during shopping and looked forward to go to the hotel for some nice hammam treatments and bubble bath.
However The hotel was not 5.8 km away but 48 km!!! When we arrived there was nothing!
The hotel owner had a daughter with a beauty center on 2 km distance.

After calling booking.com they wanted to relocate us and offered us another hotel.
After reading the reviews and seeing the pics it was really not attractive. Because of the holidays there was nothing available. Booking.com offered us to pay the costs of the hotel as well the gasoline (400km to Belgium and 400 km back to Holland)
We arrived home at 23:00 and the next morning I checked my mail.
They told us that we had to contact the hotel owner ourselves to get a refund of 40 euro's!!!
The hotel costs were 95 per night!!!! And what about the gasoline for 800 km?? We sent all the pics and bills to booking.com and still hope to get a refund!!! Horrible vacation!!

teresad24
5/6/16

The booking.com site said we had up intil 10 hours before checking in to cancel but when our airport was closed down and we had to cancel 2 days before check-in the site charged us a whole night's stay. The hotel apologized and said they did not charge us and got nothing of the fee. We were unable to contact booking.com

kentonk6
5/3/16

We have used this service few ties and they have screwed up badly twice. The first screw up not even getting us a reservation. We showed to the hotel with confirmation in hand and didn't have a reservation. Fortunately the hotel was able to get us in at a rate that was better than Booking.com provided. Next time my wife booked something through them they made the reservation for the day she booked it on the site not for the date 2 months in the future she wanted, then they refused to help her with the charge she got from the hotel when she didn't show up on the date she booked. Stay away from these people.

peterw80
5/3/16

I am amazed at the number of negative comments and 1 star ratings there are here for Booking.com. I have used the website on numerous occasions and never had any issues with any aspect of the booking or cancellation processes. In reading some of the negative comments I am would venture to say that the issue is not with Booking.com but with the individual making the booking or cancellation. If you take the time to review your booking it is hard to go wrong. Make sure you understand the cancellation policy. Some hotels have different cancellation policies for different rooms or even the same room depending on the terms of the booking. The cancellation process is fast and easy. Notification comes in the form of an email but is also easy to check on the website if you are a registered user. Some reviewers here have complained that the hotels they have booked are not as represented on the Booking.com website. Be guided by the comments of people who have taken the time to post reviews of hotels on the Booking.com website. Booking.com relies on the good will of the hotels listed on its site to provide accurate information. It cannot possibly verify the accuracy of the information provided by the 1000s of hotels it lists.

gregp40
5/3/16

Just now on 5-2-16 was looking for a room in Chicago for 6-24-16 for 2 days. Booking.com shows the Courtyard Marriott Downtown for $216.00 per night without taxes. Claimed to be normally$370.00 per night without taxes. I am pretty familiar with Chicago hotel prices. $370.00 per night seemed Very high. I go over to the Marriott web site and find the Exact same room for the same dates listed at $197.00 per night without taxes... Wow,, what a scam!!! May the buyer beware. I won't even bother to check Booking.com in the future. The room at $370.00 is a blatant lie..

kalmanf
5/3/16

On February 2016 we made reservations for April 30th, at the Residence Inn by Marriott at Aventura , Miami Florida for 3 suits accommodating 5 people each, for a family party of 13.
Upon arrival we were told that the hotel is overbooked and only one single room is Available, and we should drive over to another Marriott inn at hich rooms will be available to us.
When arriving at the alternate hotel we were told that they are overbooked as well and will be able to provide only 2 single rooms which are with double bed each.
We were further told that they are constantly experiencing overbooking with Booking.com system , as their system will not show overbooking and will confirm regardless of availability.
On top of the great inconvenience caused we had to book a much more expensive hotel out of choice at a very late hour with a large family.
We are looking into the legal aspects of the situation and are considering our next steps

bryanl48
5/1/16

I saw a lower price four days before my stay and instead of booking it and cancelling my booking.com reservation, I sent them an email asking for a price match. Big mistake! They responded 2 1/2 days later and said the hotl was full. Not surprisingly, Booking.com waited until after the cancellation period before responding to my email and prices went up on the other website. Not a big deal for me and booking.com because the rate difference was $10. I just wanted to check their price match guarantee and now know it is a scam!

katm25
5/1/16

Please stay away from Bookings.com All they care about is taking your money and do not
provide support or customer service. When you call you are talking to a outsource company
mostly located in China I had the experience they charged for two nights for three rooms in Calistoga
which I had cancelled two weeks before because I still do not know how three different rooms
for the same night was even booked. When my charge bill arrived they had chaged my credit card for two nights I immediately called my credit card company and they credited my account after looking into the bookings. Stay away call direct mostly the numbers on Bookings.com
are their number not the hotels. They do not give that out, Proceed with upmost caution.

michaelm415
5/1/16

I have been using Booking for ages and I never had any problems whatsoever.

brianb171
5/1/16

Because of the low cost, this site is paying for your room booking to the hotel, they nor the hotel will provide you a receipt. This is common in the wholesale discount industry and I encourage you to just book through the hotel. Also, Hilton Garden Inn Ponte Vedra and Bookit.com customer service is very rude and unproductive. They charged more than quoted. Total ripoff!!!!!!!!! Both of these companies need to get on the same page and look out for the customer and not themselves.

pattyh14
4/30/16

I emailed them about price and of coarse they now claim they never received email. Customer service is outsourced or is not an American company and I asked to please speak with someone I could understand I was told no you can hang up and call back as she laughed and hung up. Stayed at the hotel wyndam central park was given price of 164. They showed it for 89. 2 hours later. Was charged 190.30 by wyndam. Terrible because wyndam ,Neil said to bad and good luck getting your money back. Will never do business with either companies again and urge you to not either.

mikem377
4/28/16

computer generated responses to request to change booking after 3 days got nowhere , local office in Thailand very helpful and sorted out for an additional cost. Give them a miss and save yourself the hassle

jeng32
4/28/16

My traveling friend and I were both very pleased with our experience! The whole family treated us like friends and provided such clean, beautiful rooms with many special touches. The very best part was their kindness and willingness to do everything in their power to help us have a great experience! I can wholeheartedly recommend this hotel as a wonderful place to stay-they are only a couple of blocks from the train station and surprisingly, the trains didn't disturb us. Without a doubt I would be thrilled to stay here again. Thank you!!! Jen G.

davew94
4/28/16

Advert says all about the large 8th floor pool, sounded great, when we arrived it was closed and had been for over 2 months which ruined our stay. Nobody informed us at time of booking our in the weeks leading up to our stay...and now we are back the Booking.com advert is still using this pool as a major selling point which is completely inaccurate and misleading

alv1202
4/27/16

I intended to book with booking.com for the first time yesterday. I had everything filled out right, but when I purchased the booking, the date was wrong. I immediately tried to change/cancel the listing but the option was not available. I requested a change to the booking but booking.com insisted that the hotel refused the refund (which I now realize wouldn't matter because the website charges a 90-100% cancellation fee. They still refuse to give me the right date or help making it right.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM BOOKING.COM OR EXPEDIA

On another note: Anyone want to buy a night in Salzburg on May 12?

elyae
4/26/16

I can not rate a hotel on booking.com!!! Booking com writes about Akra Barut Hotels in Turkey Antalya only amasing reviews and misleads everyone about this hotel. The service is sucks, front desk workers are snobbish and rude.

tonyf43
4/25/16

Incompetence knows no bounds. They advertise shyster accommodation such as Drumnadrochit Lodges. A more condescending , sanctimonious, parsimonious individual I have yet to meet, I think there's a scam going on between the two.

soniah8
4/24/16

I filed a complaint about the hotel overcharging more than the booking.com reservation price, on my first trial use of booming.com, and received an ignorant overly bureaucratic reply from someone obviously from an overseas call center and only made the matter worse. I won't be back to booking.com for any more torture, and would only recommend to true sadists

robertg191
4/23/16

First experience. They cancelled my reservation for a family vacation late the night we were in route from different cities on the other side of the country. Offered 2 replacements that were not close in quality or location to the original, then did nothing more. Cost me time, money & stress to take care of my family.
I've sent several emails to Customer Service & gotten no response.
Dreadful in every way.

luisg45
4/22/16

I reserved a room through booking.com big mistake. Never got a confirmation on the booking. I missed my hotel stay and was still charged for the room. They did send me a survey after the fact which was totally useless.

stevens139
4/19/16

I booked a hotel stay for myself and 3 friends at the Saharan Motor Hotel in Hollywood California through Booking.com. We were attending a concert at the Hollywood Bowl and this hotel was walking distance from the venue. Three hours before check in, I received a call saying that our reservation could no longer be honored and that they had found new lodging for us....16 miles away.
I told them that was unacceptable and they would have to find something closer. They eventually found us a place in Burbank, 5 miles away. At this point you would think they would say, "here is your confirmation #, you are all set". But no, it was, "you have to call this place and pay the difference yourself and then send us the receipts for reimbursement". I am now on vacation and took care of all the planning well in advance and now this site is going to put me to work because of their mistake? Totally unacceptable!!
I asked many times how this could happen and never received an adequate answer.
The only reason I gave them two stars instead of one is because they did issue a prompt refund of the cost difference. The only thing they did right!!
I understand that in this business, overbooking is common due to the many cancelations they receive. However, when the overbooking comes back to haunt you, as in no one cancels, then you need to go way above and beyond to remedy the situation, which Booking.com clearly did not do!!
I will never use them again!!!

charnes2
4/18/16

We use to make all of our Leisure bookings through Booking.com. And we always made use of Booking.com for all our business accommodation. Unfortunately we wont use this booking agency again. And we will not recommend it to anyone.
The agents in the call centre, are incompetent, rude and not very helpful. The guarantee that the rates are the best rates that one will find is not true, and the policy that you will refund the difference if there is another agency that has better rates than Bookin.com is a hoax.

Last week we decided that we want to go to Sun City for our wedding anniversary. We had two options to book with our Holiday club credits or to book via Booking.com. We chose the latter.
I went online to search for accommodation using Booking.com. So I made the booking at the Cabanas Hotel at Sun City Resort, and paid R3956.
While searching online for activities to do in and around Sun City, I came across the website http://www.go2africa.com/ and saw they advertise accommodation as well. Fully knowing that Booking.com guaranteed that they offer the best price I ignored the advertisement and went ahead searching for activities. I then read that on a Tuesday they have a whiskey tasting evening but I have already made a booking for Wednesday April 20 Friday April 22. I realised we are going to miss it, so I thought maybe we should book an extra night that includes Tuesday April 19. Imagine my surprise when I saw that Go2Africa are way cheaper than Booking.com. So I went ahead and typed in April 20 April 22. And then I got a shock. R2140!!!!!!!! I just paid R3956 at Booking.com. I immediately emailed Booking.com, telling them I found exactly the same accommodation with lower rates than that what I just paid at Bookin.com.
I emailed Booking.com on Thursday April 14, 2016.
Friday late afternoon, Booking.com has still not phoned or emailed me any reply. So I phoned the calling centre and spoke to one of the agents. He admitted to receiving my email.
Why hasnt Booking.com followed up on my email with the other agency?
Why havent I received any communication from Booking.com regarding my enquire.
The gentleman that I spoke to (Zaijneb) went and check the link of the website that I have forwarded containing the evidence that the rates are a lot cheaper than Booking.com and agreed with me on the price on the website that it stated clearly R2140 for the exact same accommodation.
And then he told me that he is not sure but he thinks that they have not included taxes. And if I add the taxes of 14% and the amount of R2140 it will be much more that Booking.com. Now if you ad 14 % to R2140 you get the total amount of R2439.60. Still way cheaper than Booking.com. Anyway he told me to go and find out if the total amount includes taxes.
I then emailed the agency Go2Africa and enquired about the costs of the accommodation. The agency emailed me back, and assured me the following:

Sun City Cabanas Hotel
Dates: 20 22 April 2016
Room: 1 x Standard Twin Room with shower can accommodate 2 adults

Daily room rate from: R 1 070.00
Total for 2 nights: R 2 140.00

The amount below is what you will pay, it includes Tourism Levy as well.

Rates include the following: Breakfast at the Palm Terrance Restaurant, entrance to The Valley of the Waves and a complimentary shuttle service within the resort to the various hotels / activities.

I then forwarded the email to Booking.com. No one at Booking.com contacted me.
Today I made a follow up call and spoke to another (very unhelpful) agent. She opened my communication that I have send to Booking.com and went to check on the link of the accommodation that the other agency (Go2Africa) offered. She told me the price on the website has changed and it is not R2140 anymore. She then told me the policy is not valid. Because the amount displaying today on Go2Africa is much higher than the amount I paid at Booking.com.
I was very upset because :
No one from Booking.com communicated to me from Thursday April 14 either via calling or emailing up until today when I made contact again.
The agents arent helpful at all, they didnt even went to check whether the other agency has a better price.
Zajneb the agent cant do maths. And assured me that 14 % adding to R2140 equals much higher than R3956.
My first communication regarding the better offer I found was on Thursday and not today. I told Booking.com on Thursday that I found a better offer. I also told them on Friday. The agent agreed with me, but told me he THINKS (not know) it doesnt include taxes, and that I must go and make sure, and phone back with the proof. Well I did. I went and emailed Go2Africa and I forwarded the proof to Booking.com.
The Booking.com agent I spoke to today went and check and told me the price on the website is much higher today than Friday. But the thing is I already contact Booking.com on Thursday. My first contact was on Thursday and not today. So the rates that were on the website on Thursday April 14 and Friday should be valid. Today was a follow up (because none of the agents communicated back to me) so todays costs should not be brought into account.
The agency Go2Africa clearly states in the email (which I forwarded to Booking.com) that the amount of R2140 is still applicable and is inclusive of everything.
When I request to spoke to the supervisor the agent at Booking.com she refused. She upset me when she told me that the agent I spoke to on Friday afternoon (Zajneb) said that the amount displayed on the website of Go2Africa was more than the amount I paid at Booking.com. Indirectly I was called a liar. I was furious because he agreed with me on Friday that the amount is R2140 but he THINKS (not know) it doesnt include taxes. I told your agent that all phone calls must be recorded, thus Booking.com should go and replay the phone conversation between me and the gentleman. She then told me it cant be done.
Now it seems to me that Booking.com will use as many excuses as they can find to bypass the policy that they so eagerly advertised . Best price guaranteed what a misleading statement!!!!

matthijsf4
4/17/16

I was offered a deal at a discounted price and then found that this was the hotels standard price anyway so the discount offered by booking.com was purely fictional. What's more booking.com then take a cut out of the hotels charge

You may think you're getting a discount using booking sites but all it does is drive the hotels rates up to cover the fee that the booking sites take from them. Best tip use booking sites to find the best deal then book direct through the hotels own website - it'll be the same price.

annad63
4/16/16

We just had our second worst nightmare using booking.Com and our last. Fake pictures and great reviews of two terrible places made us realize we needed to some background checks on the website itself. Overpriced, cheap and protected and fake ratings is what the website lives on...

Take a look and see if you feel this place deserves an 8.6 rating.

tiffanyk10
4/15/16

HORRIBLE !!! Never using booking again !!! Get charged $40 cancellation fee for a hotel who decided to add fee & bogus charges after the deposit was paid for a vacation ! So much for the free cancellation. Such bull$#*! & can't even talk to a person

sonias36
4/14/16

I booked Pension Azahar, Calle Vidrio, 9, 41003 Sevilla, a hotel in Seville with a friend for 4 nights recently. On arrival at the hotel, the receptionist had no record of our booking through Booking.com. We showed her the printout of the Booking.com confirmation. We'd booked 2 en-suite double rooms. As there were now no en-suite double rooms available apparently, we were offered a room at the top of 3 flights of stairs with a bathroom across a terrace, a room downstairs, again with a separate bathroom down the corridor, both unsuitable due to health reasons. The last room offered to us we agreed to reluctantly share as there was an en-suite bathroom. We sat on the beds and the bedding was damp. The walls were damp and the room was freezing. I was recovering from a bad chest infection and could not stay in that room. We had no alternative but to leave and book into another hotel at short notice and at considerably more expense. I received an e-mail from Booking.com to say that we were a 'No-show' and that we had to pay the full price of the 444 Euros, even though the hotel could not find our booking and had offered us unsuitable accommodation for our needs. I contacted Booking.com and explained the situation to them. They were unsympathetic to say the least. They said they would contact the hotel, which they did, but unsurprisingly, the hotel was still going to take my money, even though it was their mistake in the first place! The hotel lied, even saying that we hadn't turned up at all, that they had rung me when they had found the booking eventually (I didn't have my phone with me and only picked up the message when I arrived back in the UK, but by that time we had booked in to the other hotel and were committed to stay there and pay them due to the short timeframe). They also said that we'd left at midnight, when we have proof of the time we checked in to the other hotel - 0947!. We have received no help at all from Booking.com, only 'we will contact the hotel'. If Pension Azahar won't refund our money, then Booking.com will do absolutely zilch for us. I would also suggest that you avoid Pension Azahar if taking a holiday in Seville. Booking.com's only concern is for their commission and not upsetting their cash cows, the hotels. I will never, ever use Booking.com again, and will be posting these comments anywhere and everywhere I can. As mentioned by other posters, do not ever let Booking.com have your credit/debit card details, give them false details and pay only when you have received what you have asked for and are happy with everything. Or better still, book through a more reputable, honest and ethical company.

68 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Booking.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4 days ago
Add your answer
1 week ago
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Booking.com staff and other customers.

1 Coupon for Booking.com

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Booking.com to save!
Go to Booking.com