US Government's NSF

276 Reviews for Booking.com

▼ Sort by: recent

cristinac11
10/1/14

I would give this website a minus if I could. They use false advertisement, are not organised and have no basic information about the hotel they book for. I made a booking for the Blakehouse Hyde Park Hotel in London, but then cancelled it a few hours later. At the booking stages I was assured that the card will not be charged for this booking and we will only pay when we stay at the hotel itself. However I was shocked to find out I WAS CHARGED!!!!!!! Even though we cancelled the booking and did not stay there. Neither booking.com nor the hotel took responsibility for that charge and I could not get my money back which was a hefty sum of £244 for one night!!! I had to contact my bank to try and solve this.
WEBSITE IS ONLY A THIRD PARTY! HAS NO POWER AND CLUE OVER THE BOOKINGS MADE. PLEASE LOOK AT THE HOTEL'S CANCELLATION POLICY BEFORE YOU BOOK because there is no information like that on the booking.com website. WILL NEVER USE THIS AGAIN!

Tip for consumers: check the website for the hotel for information on cancellation as booking.com does not offer this information.
The website also has no power over the booking so refunds have to be obtained from the hotel itself ( while the hotel itself sends you to booking.com so it goes back and forth..... !!!!

alanw25
10/1/14

Unfortunaly you have to leave a star its a shame you cant put minus.
Me and my wife book the prince of wales in southport for our 30th wedding anniversary through booking.com.
I was descusted at the fact when we got there we had a standard room when paying for a executive room. we got the executive room the next day but thats not the point i will never go with this company again.

Tip for consumers: dont go throuth booking. Com go to the hotel itself they have just as much as a deal then all these companys

joyced8
9/29/14

Don't use booking.com they are unorganized, dishonest and rude. The lodge we stayed at was great but working with booking.com was a terrible experience.

frankm64
9/27/14

We have used Booking.com on many occasions. We travelled to over 35 countries and we are pretty fair in our reviews as we're an elderly couple. I am also a very senior contributor for Trip Advisor.
We stayed in Hotel Sentral in KL Malaysia about a week ago. Prior to that we had a fantastic 12 days in Subang Jaya ( 4 nights at Grand Dorsett ), 4 nights in White Lodge Langkawi, 4 nights in Noordin Mews Penang. We only picked Hotel Sentral because of it's proximity to K
L Sentral. After the first night my wife was bitten by something and she was breaking out in rashes. I went to a Chemist nearby and explained the symptoms and he got me the medication from 1 spot in the front of the counter for bed bug bites. The location of the hotel is good and so are the staff. Breakfast was also OK but who would like to be bitten by bed bugs while on holiday. My wife wrote an honest review but Booking.com did not publish it. Even the Hotel Management apologized to my wife but not Booking.com. I would advise people to desert them in droves. They are dishonest. I read a review on Agoda where a customer complained about the same problem and got a refund. I would strongly recommend people who are travelling not to use Booking.com and also Sentral Hotel. After 10 days my wife has still not recovered.

Tip for consumers: Be careful when you give Booking.com your credit card details. You can read on this website that someone's had their details stolen in Germany. I'll rate them a big ZERO.

zinniaj
9/26/14

My complaint is about 1) truth in advertising, and 2) why we were not allowed to review the B&B in question through Booking.com

1) My husband and I, and another couple, booked a B&B through Booking.com which turned out to be a disaster. How does Booking.com check up on small, private outfits who offer such intimate accommodations as a B&B in a private residence? We booked these two rooms based on reviews and professional photos left on Booking's website. However, that could not have been more misleading. Does anyone ever go out to check on these places?

2) When I tried to review this establishment on Booking's website, I found that it was no longer on my list of bookings. It had been taken down because, I supposed, we never got to stay. However there is a reason we did not stay, and that is what I would like to report.

We had a disturbing encounter with the Inn's proprietor, who threw us off the property, leaving us stranded in the middle of a country road. We phoned our friends (who were on the road and had not yet arrived) to warn them to stay away and meet us in town because we needed a plan B. After some phone calls to Booking.com explaining our situation, Booking did not charge us for the room, but our friends were charge because according to the Innkeeper "the friend did not show up to see for himself". This is most bizarre. Our friends booked the room on our recommendation which was based on Booking's review. If Booking accepted our explanation and did not charge us for the room, why charge our friends? Did they have to drive all the way out there to see what we saw, and be subjected to the same treatment we were subjected too?

I would like to state that we have nothing to gain by discrediting this or any other outfit. We have traveled quite a bit and stayed at some very nice places, others not so nice, but we have never felt threatened in this way. In hindsight, we should have called the authorities.

williamp54
9/26/14

I am a bit frustrated with booking.com recently as I have been using it for years but last year after booking some German hotels my card details were stolen the next day and used on a bunch of German transactions which resulted in me having to cancel the card.
I just think the way they hand over the card details doesnt protect the customers from fraud.

Despite this I went back to booking.com and gave it another go but had two bad experiences with hotels and I wrote a genuine albeit negative review based on my experience, but it is yet to be processed which makes me suspicious of their tactic to filter out bad reviews because essentially a bad review could result in them losing a commission.
If they can't handle the reality of honest reviews then they shouldn't advertise their website on the ethos of it being genuine reviews by real people...because its edited to suit their own agenda.

evana10
9/26/14

Booked a room for Today the 26th of September, during the finalization online it changed my room to last friday the 19th of September. Now they will not do anything to help me, I dont want a refund just want a place to stay for the night before my wedding. As a business owner this is the most ridiculous customer service I have ever heard of.

Tip for consumers: Dont use this website

davidc166
9/25/14

First few times I used them I thought they were fantastic. Straight forward OK cheap accommodation. Then latest dealings terrible. If you need to change, cancel enquire or check something its impossible.
Ended up in terrible accommodation, cancelled just inside the cancellation period still been charged and no refund.
Not worth the effort. Saved about £20 on my successful stays. Lost about £90 in clerical errors and no 'customer service' to deal with problems.

Tip for consumers: Don't use if the slightest possibility you may have to change or cancel your booking. They will get some money from you somehow.

juliet69
9/18/14

We recently travelled in County Donegal in Ireland and for two nights landed at the Inishfree Bed and Breakfast just outside of Culdaff, County Donegal, Ireland. www.inishfreebedandbreakfast.com The entire tour around the Wild Atlantic Way, that is around the Inishowen 100 meter drive is beautiful, mysterious and unlike any area in which I've ever been, even in Ireland. The B&B is a real oasis, outside of a small town near the North East Coast, and unprepossessing at first glance, but beautifully well done with a library, home grown vegetables, quiet rooms done up with a lot of detail toward the comfort of the guests. We used it as a base to explore and there were even unexcavated stone circles within walking distance developed by prehistoric civilizations. The folks that run it love the area and taking care of weary travelers. A real find.

Tip for consumers: If you are a family, book the upstairs which is an exceptional space and value.

tathi-aner
9/17/14

Do not use booking.com if your are looking for a company that will respect your rights as costumer. I have used booking.com for countless times and here and there would post a review of the places I stayed. As a constant traveler I rely upon checking on costumers reviews and honest opinions than just on hotel's pictures and descriptions.
My last booking was over Labor Day Weekend. I booked through booking.com the Yosemite Westgate Lodge for 2 nights. Right at checking in they wanted me to charge another $45 even thought I had the online receipt of all the total taxes and fess included. Forward to our check out date. We spent all day out at the Yosemite National Park the prior day and when we started packing morning when we started noticing multiple missing items. Then I realized that the very expensive Camera and sunglasses that I left inside my room were also gone. Turns out the housekeeper went through all my luggage selected what was the most expensive makeup there was in there and took it around $150worth +$700 sony wifi camera and a pair of $400 dolce and Gabana sunglasses of which she left the case on the floor under my bag. I filed a police report and they checked the room for any signs of forced entry and there was none! They checked the computer to see exactly which cards were used in the room during the period the we were gone and it was only the housekeeper. They hotel couldn't care less about the whole situation and acted with most rude manner. This whole situation is unacceptable!! They are fully responsible for those who they employ. I feel unjustified and angry! The manager was even capable of saying that aren't responsible for anything that's lost inside the room- wait it was stolen! They didn't say a single word of apology and still charged me the full price. Please do yourself a favor and do not stay here avoid any headaches that would ruin your family gateways like it did to mine. Terrible hotel!! Shame on you Yosemite Westgate lodge!!!

I contacted booking.com about this very serious matter and wrote my honest and truthful review. Guess what?! They never posted a single word! I called about 8 times and sent numerous emails and absolutely nothing happened! Every time they would find an excuse of time, being backed up and all sorts to not post it. Finally they said they couldn't post it. Now my question is why wouldn't they inform or try to help their costumers somehow? Answer- they couldn't care less if they are still making profits from this hotel. So don't trust all the review you read either because for probably every 10 that's written maybe 1 or 3 makes the cut!

What a shameful practice booking.com! I'll never make business with you again!

Tip for consumers: Shameful practice and poor business!

brucec32
9/16/14

I recently stayed at the Dorint Wiesbaden which I had booked through Booking.Com and it was the worst hotel I had stayed at in many years mainly due to the facilities not matching the description on the Booking.Com website. I wrote a negative but professional review however Booking.Com will not publish it and one can only assume that they only make public those that are not too critical of the businesses that use them. The Dorint, for example had a 8.3 rating which did not come close to my opinion and it now makes sense that only the more positive reviews are published.

Tip for consumers: I always used to use Booking.Com but will never touch them again, use other sites.

davidg119
9/15/14

I have been using booking.com for ages as a reliable web but now I realise that everything was a fraud. When I gave positive reviews everything was fine, but last month I had a bad experience in France and I have been ignored by them. So I wont trust any longer on the comments or reviews about the hotels, they only publishes what they like or maybe they have an agreement with the hotels in order to give them the right to block undesired (although real) experiences. Its a shame. David

Tip for consumers: Not trust on the reviews as they only publish what they want

crystalm19
9/15/14

Booking.com is a horrible website that no one should use!! We had nothing but problems due to this third party agency who is there to make the customer experience better. To start with the hotel could not locate our reservation, so much time was spent online with Booking.com customer service reps. When we checked into our "double bed" room with 3 occupants we walked into a king. Another party in our group with four adults that also needed and indicated a "double bed" room was then placed into a king. The hotel indicated that because of booking.com's website we could not get double rooms. That even though the site specifically asks what room type, the customer ultimately has no choice in which rooms they get. In a sold out hotel after a baseball game, not many accommodations could be made. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE! Spend the extra 10 dollars and book direct with your hotels. It will save you in the long run

Tip for consumers: Don't use it

viviant4
9/13/14

I just booked a hotel on their website they state Cad and US amount. If you live in Canada never book from there as the CAD amount provided is truly a US amount that will be charged to your credit card. Therefore don't bother booking there stick to Website that actually states the currency and amount that will be charged to your card not an email confirmation that indicates amount without taxes and currency.

silval
9/9/14

Terrible site. I am a renter who removed my listing from the site because they did not leave our descriptions but rewritten them so that they do not explain the property as accurately as I wish and even worse is that they do not stick to the terms and conditions from the contract so it is bad, unprofessional and unsafe to deal with them.
Stay away

Tip for consumers: Book directly or throe some other site but not throe this site, you will be disappointed and your holiday ruined.

maritzae
9/9/14

I believe that booking.com needs to better evaluate their affiliates and place a more accurate information of the same. for example, many of the hotels i booked through booking.com the facilities did not resemble the description. the fotos were embelished and the star ratings ie 4 star ratings were inaccurate. i will bevery carefull using this service in the future. in fact, many of the hotels did not live up to the Garantees made or informed by booking.com. acuracy of the information provided on the affiliates is less than 35%, therefore, not reliable. do your homework to improve client confidence.

Tip for consumers: be very carefull relying on the information provided on the hotels they report on as i was deceived on three separate ocations while traveling through Italy.

anonymouss3
9/8/14

We booked an apartment on Booking.com in Morocco for four of our wedding guests (two couples). It was the worst accommodation experience I have ever had. The man in charge of the apartment (Appartement AbouTarik – do NOT stay at this place) lied to us about everything from the start. It all started from the moment we reserved the apartment, but I'll cut out some things to keep it brief. When we arrived with our guests, Tarik said we had to pay more money than on the confirmation from Booking.com because we (according to him) only selected two people for the reservation, but four people were staying there. However, it states explicitly on our confirmation that we reserved the apartment for up to 8 people – there was never an option to select the number of people. But he wouldn't budge and refused to call the Booking.com customer service. We couldn't back out of the reservation because then Booking.com would charge us the full price (if you cancel after the 7-day grace period before the start of your reservation, you pay the full amount). We were locked in. I contacted Booking.com after the fact, but they have done nothing but support Tarik. I have been corresponding with Booking.com customer service for over three months. They initially stopped contacting me, but then offered me a refund after I contacted Consumer Affairs. However, they still have not sent me the refund. Every email I received from Booking.com was from a different person who was not familiar with my situation (half of them in French and half in English). In the end, Booking.com has done nothing but prove to me that con-men can operate on their website and Booking.com supports them instead of their customers. If you have problems with Booking.com, they will do nothing. They will give you the run around and your correspondence will never be with the same person.

ig394
9/8/14

I completely agree with comments about review posting - a negative review of mine did not get published. I contacted Customer Service to request information if something was wrong with what had been written and they didn't even care to reply to me.

bulanm
9/8/14

I've been a good customer of booking.com over the years. Almost no complaints until this summer. I have a reservation to a hotel in Rome, B&B Ajroma for 2 days in July 2014, but for some reason, i have to cancelled it because i was ill and need to seek emergency attention. The email about cancellation from booking.com clearly stated that i only need to paid the first night. I understand the risk and no problem at all, until i look on my bank account and the hotel charged me the whole bill. In the first 2 weeks after i reported, booking.com and B&B Ajroma has understand the mistake and they promised me to refund the money. I waited patiently, but after 1 month passed, there is no money transfer at all. Then i asked again. Once again, they told me to waited patiently and they also said that in the day after they will send me the proof of transfer from B&B Ajroma. After 5 days passed, no news. Then i have to asked again. And still no news until now.

The problem getting more complicated for me, because i need to back for good to my country and i need to close my bank account in France. So i need to know when they refund my money.

and i really getting my nerves, and i feel betrayed since i am a really good customer for them :(

Tip for consumers: dont get problem with the cancellation fee. pain in ass

irinak7
9/7/14

I booked a hostal in Barcelona. It was described as a hotel (separate rooms with a shower) for $100 a night for two nights. The booking came for 200 euro. Unfortunately I didn't notice right away. And now it's too late.

rayn15
9/7/14

My booking with this company was a disaster. An employee at the front desk said "you paid more than just about anyone staying here". When I called to ask for them to honor their "guarantee" I got a well rehearsed run-around. I paid close to $60.00 more than than if I had just walked in off the street.

Tip for consumers: Call the hotel first and ask for a deal...

dequazh
9/6/14

Terrible service! They didn't take care of us at all! The first hotel was dirty,so the hotel attendant gave us another room,which had drugs in it. We winded up not staying in the room at all,and instead we winded up sleeping in our car. When we called booking.com to tell them,they refused to give us our money back. Mind you,the hotel doesn't get the money until check outso when we found out what the rooms looked like,we called and reported tI,but tI wasn't nenough for them. By the way,do not go to Western Inn hotel of Pensacola,Florida!

cindym38
9/6/14

My husband and myself have use booking.com for many years. However, a recent experience made us decided not to use or recommend this hotel booking site again.
I arrived Sea-Tac airport one night in Aug. at 10:00pm. When I arrived at Ramada Inn at Sea-Tac, the front desk said she couldn't find my booking. When I show her my confirmation from booking.com, she told me that I am one of the guests that they had contacted booking.com to message me about the overbooking situation and they will not be able to accommodate me. I then called booking.com to explain my problem, and the representative "D" called the front desk immediately. However, there isn't any room available so she called me back, and told me she will try to re accommodate me at a different location with similar price. After another 20 minutes wait, she called back and told me that the closest hotel she could find is 15 miles away. "D"also explained that booking.com will pay for the price differences between the two hotels, the taxi fare and other expenses incurred by this inconvenience. Well, it was past 11:00pm at night now so I took her words and took a taxi to the other hotel. Ended up this new hotel was 35 miles away! It took the taxi almost an hour to get there in no traffic. When I arrived at the hotel, I asked the front desk if there is a less expensive way to get back to Sea-Tac the next morning so I can meet up with my husband. Since the "D" at booking.com was nice and polite on the phone, I thought I would save them some money by taking a short ride on a taxi to go to the pick up point for a shuttle to the airport. The total cost of the taxi+shuttle was $26.50 (I paid the tips myself), 1/4 of the taxi cost.
When I returned home, I scanned the taxi receipts, the shuttle charge on my credit card bill because it was an online booking, and the hotel invoice and send it to booking.com's customer service according to "D"'s email. At first, the customer service will only refund the first taxi fee so I wrote them again. The second time they sent me an email thanking them for accepting the refund and another email will give me instruction of how to get the money to my credit card. So I wrote them the third time and explain to them the whole story again. They wrote back and added $16.50 (cost of the return shuttle) on the refund. I wrote to them the fourth time and explained and attached the first email from "D" which says they will refund the hotel difference and the $10 taxi fee to connect to the shuttle. No reply after a week except the email to the site for credit card refund and a couple more to tell them my experience. I then sent them the 5th email, directly to their customer service link on their website. It's been two days now and nothing. I was given 14 days from the day that they first offered me the refund for the taxi fare to complete the refund procedure, but I am not willing to accept half of the money that had costed me for my trouble. By the way, I had one 50 lbs luggage, one hand carry and a carrying bag on this trip. Instead the 4 load and unload with the free airport shuttle, I ended up with 10 load and unloads with my belongings.
Booking.com, please give me an explanation of why you are not honoring your words.

suem42
9/5/14

Agree with other reviewers - good reviews are posted immediately negative reviews just disappear. How does this give a balanced view?

ricahrda
9/5/14

DO NOT USE WWW.BOOKING.COM they remove your reviews on any hotels if your review is negative - This site has no credibility :(

Tip for consumers: AVOID

debbiep19
9/2/14

Do not use...it is a ripoff...they do not tell you until u cancell u are going to be charged whatever they want I booked a room in Destin fl. Within 15 min.a room with ocean view came available so I changed rooms n canceled the first one received an email I was charged 178.00 for cancellation. Did receive an email the next day after I replied that it was a ripoff that I was not being charged ok thank you...but now 24 hours later and n 6 weeks before arrival date I have had to cancel because of a family situation happening the week we were going n so I cancelled so somebody else could rent the room and now I'm being charged 216.00 for this cancellation the arrival date is 6 weeks away not like its this week...in my opinion its a ripoff I have used tripadvisor...bookit....vrbo...n yes sometimes things come up we cannot control but iwill say I have never been charged a full night rate for cancelling so I gues they double there money because I know it will book again....I would not recommend this site and from the reviews I have read after I did my booking not very many happy customers lesson learned stick with who know n always read reviews first!!

Tip for consumers: Do not use booking.com!!

nickw36
9/2/14

I made a number of bookings in Europe with booking.com including one hotel in Rothenberg ..the GASTEHAUS VIKTORIA which charged me much more than what was on their own website.(do not stay there unless you like cramped little places)
When I got home, despite the fact that I could not give BOOKING.COM a printout of the lower rate, they still honoured the Guarantee and refunded me the difference in price.
This goes beyond the call of duty and Booking.com Customer Service were great to honour this.!

Tip for consumers: Use Booking.com to book your hotels as they give you extra security with quality and prices.

evreng
9/1/14

Booked a hotel via booking.com. It was 4 stars hotel in London. My 1000 pounds, my two leather bags, my local currency all were lost in this hotel.
I had only 20 pounds in my pocket. Thanks God i had put my credit card in my travel handbag. So my credit card was not lost. All the others i was saving in my hotel room.
I had to cancel my holiday, had to buy another ticket to fly back to my country one week before . So i had to pay again for ticket.All my holiday in London was a trouble.
I had no idea how would i return to my country back, if i didnt have credit card with me. It is a big disaster.
When i told this to the workers of the hotel; they didnt do anything. They only said they were sorry. This hotel caused a big trouble but they didnt interes. I told the story to booking.com . But the person from customer service team closed the phone . I rewrote emails many times, but they wrote and showed me they were not willing to do anything for me.
I wrote my comment about the hotel, but Booking.com didnt publish it. They behaved as the lawyer of the hotel. They didnt want the other customers know the fact about the hotel. Because booking.com only accept the positive comments about the hotels.
The people choose the hotels according to this comment. So nobody will know even if this hotel is 4 stars hotel; there is no safety in this hotel. It is Rathbone hotel -London
Think twice about the hotel comments if You still want to book via booking.com which i cannot trust anymore.

Tip for consumers: THINK TWICE IF YOU WANT TO BOOK VIA BOOKING.COM!!!

barbarar28
8/30/14

Stayed at Bright Central Apartments Goswell Road London for one night in June this year. NEVER STAY THERE. The apartments were anything but bright! They were described and pictured on Booking.com Website as modern, clean and "serviced" but the apartment we stayed in was dirty and awful. I contacted Booking.com Customer Services on our return. They asked for details and pictures to support our complaint. I have sent pictures in every possible format. Booking.com don't respond. When I chase up the fact that they haven't they say they have not received my pictures and ask me to re-send them. I smell a very large rat. I will never use Booking.com again.

richardc83
8/28/14

Family inn of new Orleans on chief's highway stayed 8/21/2014 to 8/23/2014 many thanks to Joe carter Joyce Davis and their staff. These folks will bend over backward to treat you right so, let them show you southern hospitality Richard C from CHICAGO IL

mjp3
8/27/14

Booking.com does not have a customer service.

All the hundreds of complaints on this and other websites state, most of the time, that Booking.com was contacted when the problem arose AND THEN Booking.com does nothing most of the time leaving us to rant and rave on these websites and then a Booking.com posts a message for more information, info that they already have.
Why didn't they resolve the problem in the first place?

Booking rely on this shoddy customer service as most people don't have the time, energy or confidence to fight them and walk away out of pocket.

I am currently looking at my legal options but will be posting very actively my experiences.

Tip for consumers: READ THE CONTRACT.
They cover themselves for absolutely everything and screw you for absolutely everything.

bimlendus
8/27/14

Write yoWe made booking for a resort (Emarald Western Ghats Resorts) using booking.com.The company sent us a confirmation with booking no # 328592826. Our group of 10 people gathered from different parts (including from abroad).We traveled 8 hours and spend lot of money to reach there.Upon arrival the resort refused stay saying no booking is done. We called customer care of booking.com after discussion they failed to honor our booking.Then we had to again travel 8 hours to come all the way back to bangalore.The overall experience was horrible for my family and friends. Apart from financial loss we went through mental harrashment as wellur review to help others learn about this online business

Tip for consumers: Horrible. A nightmare of experience.

paulf44
8/23/14

Booked the Chateau De Siran in Siran, SW France through Booking.com for three nights and arrived at the hotel at 9 pm to discover it was not has described ( a dump) - flies, cob-webs, dirty and run down. Told the owner / manager we would checking out the next morning and we would pay for one night. Spoke to Booking.com twice on the phone to let them know we were leaving. Booking.com claimed they had no knowledge of my calls, a huge row ended up with police being called who spoke no English. I was threatened with arrest for 24 hours if I didn't pay for the entire three nights. I was travelling with my young son and had no choice but to give into the exhortation of my cash. Booking.com are not interested. Why use them if they can't provide even basic protection to their end customers from misleading hotel service providers ?

Tip for consumers: Why use them at all - book direct and save yourself a lot of trouble when things go wrong.

robertj53
8/23/14

Just booked a Hotel through booking.com and was told I would be paying in the local currency (EURO).
However I was billed in my own currency and was charged an extra 3%, on top of the quoted price, due to their made up exchange rate. Nice

After eight emails to customer services explaining the issue I gave up, My credit card company are investigating it for me.

shellam
8/21/14

I run my own guest house in the highlands of Scotland, and I was delighted when book com asked me if u would sign up with them...on numerous occasions Ive had double bookings, eg, 2,single rooms , and 3 people through booking dot com have booked them, so when I explained to BDC I don't have 3 single rooms , they said it was my fault and asked if I had arranged alternative accommodation and whatever the cost was they would take their cut, this left me out of pocket for their mistake. They will never admit to being in the wrong and won't entertain any complaint. Nor do they pay uk corporation tax. This is not a company I would recommend.

rickd27
8/20/14

I have been using Booking.com for a number of years with generally good results. The navigation between hotel details and the map view could be better and they could do a better job of targeting my results to room quotes of available rooms and the number of travelers I specify. If I search based on 2 people don't give me quotes for 1 person.

I made the unfortunate recent discovery that Booking.com is not being 100% honest when it comes to reviews. I recently posted a less than favorable review about a stay at the Novotel Hotel at Paris CDG and now, 6 weeks later, my review is nowhere to be found on Booking.com. That in itself is not a big deal but how can I NOT question the reviews and ratings I see on Booking.com. Do certain hotels buy favorable treatment?

marians3
8/19/14

I did several bookings on booking.com, until today.

Because from now on I will never do another reservation on booking.com. I will tell you my story and you will understand why.

2 months ago, I booked some hotel in Greece via booking.com. With 2 days before start of the holiday I receive a mail from booking saying that reservation was cancelled. I was astounded, I never thought this could be possible. But it is. And booking staff informed me that hotel simply canceled my booking because they could not process my credit card.

Ok, lets rollback.

1. Booking.com scams people, by selling different products than are presented on their site.

I did a reservation with no prepayment. It is stated very clear that payment will be done at hotel and not deposed will be charged at all So booking.com presents and sells services - booking offer that are not real, are fake.
It was not a problem to pay the reservation at the moment of booking. But B.com stated very clear that is not necessary, and (pre)sold me a different service that presented to me.

2. Booking.com does not respect the booking contract.

A booking is like a contract between 2 or more parts that are come in agreement for the service of renting a hotel room for example. Like any contract, a booking also can that can be cancelled. But for that there must be some reasons and some sanctions. If i would canceled the booking i would have to pay half of the total amount. How come hotel cancelled the booking without any penalty. I don;t really care for that, i care why booking.com allowed that. They keep saying that is hotel fault, that the hotel cancelled. But wait, i entered on b.com website. i made the reservation - contract not with the hotel, but with the booking.com. Booking cancellation was operated by booking.com. More, when you operate this you must have a reason, and the reason was a fact forbidden by booking contract = the prepayment.
Not in a moment, booking did not say, stop, you can;t cancel the reservation for this reason, because it can;t. the booking contract says something else. But no, they cancelled without even considering this, and the booking contract.

In conclusion, you can anytime book a hotel on b.com and when you get there, after you travel thousands of miles, you find out you have to sleep under free sky.

So this being said, goodbye booking.com
I will still visit you, maybe, to see list of available hotels, but never again do a booking with you. You are reliable, you promise one thing and do another, you don't respect your customers

Tip for consumers: Book directly on hotel

mh52
8/19/14

I made a reservation in July and made a change close to the arrival date. When I arrived at the Sleep Inn in Wilmington, the desk said that the reservation had been cancelled by Booking.com. THIS was 10pm at night. I had an email confirmation for the new reservation and it was not honored. The hotel said this was a frequent experience with Booking.com. Since this was the night before orientation for the largest freshman class ever at UNCW, we were put in a terrible situation. Write your review to help others learn about this online business

Tip for consumers: Go directly to the hotel sites. Avoid Booking.com at all cost.

pedrob19
8/19/14

I've booked with booking.com quite often in the past, with decent satisfaction. And I did so because I believe in the power of online reviews to increase transparency in the hotel business. However, it just became clear to me that booking.com manipulates bad reviews. I booked two different hotels in the same week. The first one turned out to be wonderful but the second was just too bad. I reviewed both on the same day. The good review was published the next day. The bad review is still pending (several weeks have passed). I contacted them and they just gave me bla-bla-bla. Clearly, although they may end up publishing it to pretend they are transparent, they will wait as much as they can so that your bad review does not show up at the top. This company's good old days are gone.

annileea
8/16/14

I always book hotels via Booking.com. I always receive a survey to rate the hotel I stayed in. It only takes a day or two for the review to be posted. 15 days have passed and my review is still not posted. I emailed them several times and they gave me 4 business days as the estimated time of resolution. After 4 days i emailed them again and all they can tell me is sorry. They said they are still investigating the issue. The only reason why they wouldn't post my review is because I gave the lowest possible rating and explained what happened during my stay at a certain hotel.

They don't post negative reviews.

Tip for consumers: Do not trust the reviews.

declanf6
8/14/14

I have used this site in the past with good results.....however, I recently booked a room and received my confirmation number.....(2 nights away with my wife, without the kids for the first time in 5 years!) Booking.com called the next morning to very bluntly state the hotel was double booked, that it was the hotels fault, nothing to do with them....and there was nothing they could do about it, regardless of my confirmation number! Now here's the hardest part.....we can't get any accommodation where we want to go! I will avoid this website going forward and advise as many people as possible to do the same. It's boycott.com for booking.com from here on out, it's not acceptable to treat people like this. I can only hope they go from worst to bust.

Tip for consumers: Avoid this website and encourage others to do the same......there's better, more professional sites available

findurs
8/12/14

We booked hotels in Buenos Aires through Booking.com and found it was a huge mistake especially for visitors who do not speak English. The hotels only provide a poor copy of map with black and white color. People at the reception desk do not always speak English. Moreover, it is not possible to change the reservation or cancel the hotel. We lost a lot of money because of the pilot strike today (12/08/14). We will never book hotels through this website.

petrosp
8/12/14

I booked an apartment in Paros, Greece and they had put us literally in their stockhouse/laundry room and it had THE WORST hygiene conditions I ever experienced. I wrote my review of the place describing my experience but booking did not post it but it had posted all the good reviews I had written for other hotels/apartments in Greece during that period. Then I tried to contact them through e-mail but there was no reply. I am sorry but I do not consider booking.com's reviews and ratings of hotels/apartments trustworthy anymore. I think their review/rating system is very selective

paulh104
8/10/14

Had dispute with Diamond Motel Owen Sound Ontario (DO NOT STAY THERE - total false advertising on motel website.) Management at Motel & Booking.com - Booking.com says on their website they verify reviews. Received e-mail stating they do not vouch for accuracy of listing or reviews. WHATS POINT OF USING THEIR SERVICES

Paul H - Toronto

dennisa13
8/10/14

We are a new B&B startup in Madeira Park, BC, Canada. Although using Booking.com is a tad expensive (15%!), we have been very happy with them. After all, 85% of a booking is better than none at all. We've had dozens of bookings through Booking.com, and all have been excellent - great guests who have been very happy with our new establishment, and who have given us very good reviews. We've had only one cancellation. As soon as I get a booking through Booking.com, I contact the guest to confirm their stay, provide our policies and website information, and generally, a more lengthy dialogue follows. Thanks Booking.com!

donnam39
8/7/14

Deceptive. Watch miles from if you decide to choose a hotel "close" to the town you're looking at. Booking.com provides "straight line" distance; there may be NO ROADS.

What was 11.2 miles according to the Booking.com site became 28 miles (with roads) and a 45 minute drive.

Deceptive. You only see the straight line deal if you hover over the italicized miles provided, which does not look like a link. I will never book with them again.

susanh74
8/6/14

We are not clients but so called "Partners"

We signed up less than a week ago as "Partners" with Booking.com, We are a 2 room B & B and we have worked long and hard and take great pride in our establishment. We work very hard to have happy guests.

Within 15 minutes of being told we were now "live" with Booking.com they emailed us 5 bookings - 3 for that night alone.

Whilst we were busy trying to get our heads around their booking calendar and contacting Customer Services to advise we were now overbooked because they wouldn't stop emailing us with bookings, they kept emailing. Apparently if you have a fax machine they send a confirmation fax but we don't have one.

We spent a lot of time contacting other places to accommodate these "overbookings" and sent a 5 day booking back to them to deal with as we had unavailable days during that period of time. We have now been advised that not only will they bill us the 15% commission but that we will be liable for any other costs to the client - i.e taxi's etc because we and they were unable to find anything equal to our B & B in our area. Even if we had found somewhere - they still charge us for the commission,!!

They also booked 8 people and 2 pets into our B & B despite our website stating we can only take 3 people per room maximum and we do not accept pets. They have advised that we will be invoiced for not being able to honour the booking and sent an email saying we had advertised THREE rooms as available at that time. We don't have 3 rooms (except ours and we definitely don't share that with anyone!).

We have written so many emails and had so many conversations with their "Customer Services" we have lost the will to live.

No one takes responsibility, no one directly answers our concerns about Booking,com's booking practices and we have had enough. We dread seeing another booking emailed through as we don't want to have anything more to do with them so we have now "Fully Booked" their calendar to just get them off our backs whilst we wait yet again for someone to tell us how to terminate our "Partnership" with these sharks.

They take 15% commission and NO responsibility for their agents mistakes.

It is clear that all they care about are their commissions.

We have now lost a lot of money and worked very hard to look after their guests and it has all been for nothing. We will stick with our website and Tripadvisor and AirBnB and our other advertisers from now on.

Ironically the CEO of Priceline/Booking.com is Darren Huston - the same name as mine unfortunately. We will send a formal letter to him but we know it will do no good.

We are at our wits end with their constant emails telling us we will have to reimburse this and pay for that with not one email or phone call to us to discuss our concerns. We are so angry we are looking at going to TV consumer programmes and websites and the EU Trading Standards as we are getting nowhere with this farce of a booking agent.

Even the mighty fall if they upset enough people and after searching the web, we wish we had read the feedback about them before signing up.

The stress they have caused us is horrendous in less than one week.

It is little more than fraud and it's about time people stood up to these behemoths.

They have lost us both as customers who always used them to book and as "Partners". If they lose enough people, maybe they will take note.

nancyb46
8/5/14

Why do they need a commercial touting a family vacay, and use the word "booking", like it is the f word? Disgusting.

veryd
8/5/14

I reserved a hotel through booking.com. I have never stayed in such a terrible hotel room before with such terrible service. I will never reserve through book.com again..

leahw4
8/4/14

I booked for 2 apartments, es fumeral and can confite in ibiza, spain. I was charged this on my credit card:
7/26/2014 VS BM INMOBILIARIA EIVISSA ES $1,181.53

7/25/2014 VS BM INMOBILIARIA EIVISSA ES $556.36
7/25/2014 VS BM INMOBILIARIA EIVISSA ES $448.68

They're not supposed to charge customers until check in and i'm not sure why there are 3 charges like this. Anyway the 2 apartments were about that amount for the days i booked. Our flight was delayed, i notified booking.com and the landlords about the delay. Landlord said yeah yeah no problem lady we'll meet you there. And of course they weren't there. And sent some run around texts and emails saying they don't check in guests late etc, completely negating what they said on the phone.

Listings links below …

It's fraudulent pure and simple and i want the public to know. Thanks.

Best Sites to Book Hotels Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber