US Government's NSF

domain@booking.com

215 Reviews for Booking.com

▼ Sort by: recent

7/29/14

Terrible customer service. We stayed at a dump in London called the Carlton Hotel. We had no idea it would be so bad. We paid for two nights, but when we saw the room, we knew we could only stay one night. We called Booking.com to complain, they called the Carlton and then contacted us again saying that the Carlton was fine with us checking out after the one night. But in the morning when we told the Carlton front desk we were leaving, they said we'd have to pay for two nights. When we called Booking.com back, they acted like they never spoke to us the night before. DO NOT use Booking com.

7/28/14

They are not to be trusted. Used to use them for booking hotels, but no more. When they say that there is "NO CANCELLATION FEES", it actually means that the cancellation fees are about 25% of the booking's total value. You only realize this after you have made the booking and received their confirmation.

Also, I have booked rooms in Intercontinental directly cheaper than their advertised rate on their web site. Will not use them again.

7/27/14

Some years ago I had visited Boussetil rooms in Tinos island in Greece and I was satisfied. So I chose again to book there. Unfortunately, this time I was disappointed. First, the room was too small, not clean enough (there were tiny pieces of hair on the bedsheets), the wc was smelling piss (the toilet was broken and rejoined with af if with glue on its basis), and the flush out of order. Second, the yard outside of our room was crowded, so we had our window and door always closed (not fresh air). Besides, in the yard, there were $#*! not picked away smelling too bad, and on our arrival, the big trash can was turned over with the garbage out. At the other end of the yard also, there was a big gap towards a wild dingle, which is dangerous for kids and pets as well. Many cats were around the yard and the laundry was hanging around. In the end, the icing of the cake; after we had payed Manthos and we asked for a lift to the port, he refused with the excuse that he had to go out with friends. Therefore he suggested us to take a taxi (while on our arrival he came and picked us with his van). In a few words when he hear "Boussetil" we run away!!

7/23/14

We booked a room in Nags Head, NC. The booking site showed various rooms and we booked a Queen room. The photos on Bookings should a very spacious room that was remodeled, a water view and small kitchen. When we arrived our room barely fit the queen bed. The small kitchen was a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. There was barely enough room to turn around. There was no small table or even a chair to sit in. The staff at the hotel was great, although the free internet was down both days, and most importantly the room was clean---old and dated but clean. My problem is with the misrepresentation in the site for booking.com. For me, it is a site with little trust to use again.

7/22/14

It states cancellation no fees, however when you try to change the date they charge you 100% of the fee???the hotel says they are tied through booking?com, if we booked direct through them they would have changed.
Rip off! Book direct through hotel and ignore booking.com

7/21/14

Was visiting my daughter in Ayr Australia so looked on booking.com which only showed me 4 motels so I thought I'd look at b&b,but at this point it redirected me to Ayr Scotland. Whether it was I was on a small phone I did not notice or see anything to indicate this, so I booked immediately realised what had happened and cancelled. The ad said pay at hotel but the hotel (beechwood guest house ayr scotland) took the money. Booking. Com said nothing to do with them but always evaded directly answering the point of how I came from Australia to Scotland, tried 4 times and never got anything but contact hotel, the hotel whom I contacted a couple of times just completely blanked me no response what so ever. As with many large companies now they feel so large you get the 'what's one person syndrome' what's it matter to us if one customer goes elsewhere!

7/20/14

I booked a room for a weekend in NYC and selected the more expensive "refundable" room. When I called the hotel on another matter they told me that they had taken a $289 deposit (that I was unaware would be taken) and that if I were to cancel I would lose the deposit. I called Booking.com and they said that "each hotel has their own policy." I do wonder how I was supposed to know that even though they told me it was refundable up until the day before that is, in fact, not true. I would not use this site again.

7/16/14

I refuse to even rate booking.com or my experience at Apartamentos sol in Madrid. I will be contacting all forms of legal revenues in regards to the experience. First of all, we showed up to an apartment with no air conditioning the weekend of 7/11. We were told it would be fixed, of course it was never fixed. The apartment is literally falling apart. The owner SILVIA LAZARO LOPEZ is not maintaining the apartment in any way shape or form. Every shower floods, the shower heads are so rusted that they are falling apart.... I'm surprised the water is not getting to the floors below, you walk out of the shower to step into a lake...and in one of the showers the water doesn't even drain, so you're in a puddle of water through out the entire shower. Only one fan worked the other was literally in pieces, we paid for toilet paper and showed up to zero toilet paper. We were robbed on our first night there of 300 euros, someone went into the apartment while we were out and took money from everyone's luggage. We contacted SILVIA LAZARO LOPEZ and she screamed at us and called us liars. We asked who had access to the apartment aside from the sketchy maintaince guy, we also asked for his name which she refused to give us...mind you there are three doors one must open into order to get into the apartment, so clearly someone with access came in. She screamed and then hung up on us, terrible customer service. BOOKING.COM did not help out at all. We felt unsafe and couldn't checkout because neither the owner nor booking.com replied to us. The owner never answered another call or text until checkout day. She then charged our card 150 euros when asked why she never responded, only booking.com responded with the information, to then inform us they are not responsible for anything. It is pathetic to see a company so desperate for money that they would leave such an unfit apartment on their site. Oh and when SILVIA LAZARO LOPEZ finally brought toilet paper, she brought it while we were gone and went into the apartment without our permission....wonder if she was the one who robbed us. It is scary and disgusting to know that we were being watched and that someone entered as soon as we left. She said she would call the cops to build a report, obviously never did, she was so guilty that she freaked out screamed and avoided us like the plague. Last time I ever use booking.com I will be sharing all posts on all social mediums to advise everyone of the terrible customer service we have received from all parties. The embassy was closed during my stay, I return to Madrid in a few days, I will be visiting and writing a report in regards to this thief.

7/13/14

I booked a beach front villa six months prior to travel and duly received confirmation. I was then told two weeks before travel that it was overbooked and offered lesser accommodation. It would seem that confirmation does not actually mean that it is confirmed. Booking.com prefer to blame the accommodation manager than take any responsibility. I have assurance from manager of accommodation that he did not receive the booking until six months after original booking was made. Who to believe. Does it matter I did not get my holiday as booked so will never use this website again and will in future book and confirm my own holidays.

7/10/14

Booking.com have blocked me writing a review on pousada Ebano that was uninhabitable. I had to fight fir my refund. Booking.com gave the excuse the booking was made by my wife----FALSE. I used my Booking.com account and my credit card!!
Booking.com then said I was too late to write a review----yet they did not send me the refund confirmation they promised. Who would write a bad review BEFORE getting their refund?!! Finally, Booking.com said that only one review per booking was allowed. Customer services refuse to give me contact details of a senior person at Booking.com I no longe ruse this web site as I cannot trust any reviews.

7/10/14

I initially booked a room in a San Jose Valley inn found out it was a little cheaper on booking.com turn around and didn't leave any comment on the place cuz it didn't let me give a zero. I look back and it says that my review is a 7.2 No-one ever would give this san jose Valley Inn a 7.2 go look up any other review it's a wonder how it gets 1 star.I email booking and now it is blended with someone else's name at the same 7.2 don't believe any review on booking.com I just don't use the website!

7/10/14

So far, so good! I just booked a room for my daughter and I down in Wildwood, NJ next month. Right away I got a confirmation. If you read reach individual hotel policies, you will see that booking is only following hotel rules/regulations. They do not charge your card, the hotel does. Some hotels require a 1 night deposit, whereas others will charge your full stay. Again, it's on the site, you just have to read everything. If you don't like reading fine print, I would call the hotel directly to reserve. Booking.com, however, does make it very easy to navigate what each hotel requires to reserve.

7/9/14

The worst booking site ever ....one minute booked next a problem .. can you actually speak to someone - No - as my parents use to say " don't believe everything you see on tv " .....waste of time ....

7/6/14

Basically, we booked numerous rooms for a motorcycling trip of Europe. We couldn't make our hotel booked for July 3rd so booked another (through Booking.com) and cancelled the original booking. The cancellation policy for this hotel on my Booking.com app clearly states no fee if cancelled two days before arrival. We cancelled on 1st July. Initially Booking.com charged us the whole amount for both rooms. When I complained they reduced it by 50% and directed me to the conflicting small print in the email confirmation that I had received months earlier. The customer services just appear to be working for the hotels and not the customer. I'll be going through my credit card company and requesting a chargeback for the remaining 50%. If that's how Booking.com deal with customer dissatisfaction, I, and my travelling companions will not be using Booking.com again.

7/3/14

The absolute worst customer service experience ever. I will never use this site again and discourage anyone from using them. Priceline makes reservations through them, avoid at all cost. They agreed, in writing, to reimburse me after having to change my hotel. I emailed them documentation 5 times over two weeks with no response. Then I called them and was promised a response within 24 hours. That was 4 days ago. Today I spent an hour trying to get through to follow-up only to have my call 'dropped' seven times. Once I actually got a person on the phone I was promised an email...with a link...that would take me to a webpage...where I could request reimbursement....So instead of saying, "yes, we will get you a check out today" or "we will credit your card immediately" they essentially told me to start over at square one.

7/3/14

I paid $40 dollars more a day for a room compared to the people staying next door, in the same exact type of room. I called booking.com and they could do nothing about it. I am very disappointed and will not use their site anymore.

7/1/14

I had booked the super 8 in Ticonderoga, NY.... but ended up having to cancel 5 days before....after I canceled it with Booking.com....the next day, I get a call from another motel telling me that Super 8 was overbooked and I was being sent to their motel.....to make a long story short...I decided to look up reviews about Booking.com and found out that they never cancel the hotel when you asked them to...well....so I called the hotel direct and lo and behold....they still had a room booked in my name....so I would have gotten charged for the one night...I will never use this company again and certainly won't recommend them to anyone!

6/30/14

very happy with the service that I received from the Customer Services Dept at Booking.com,They got us 100% refund from a problem with our hotel booking for our short break in early June at a well known hotel in Blackpool,cant thank them enough,does what it says on the tin,special mention to Ricky kept in constant touch with us,Thanks again Booking.com

6/27/14

I recently booked 5 rooms at a hotel in Manila where I stay EVERY time I go there. I belong to the rewards program for that particular hotel chain, so I don't even know why I was stupid enough to book through booking.com. The 5 rooms were to be used by my wifes family who would be visiting from the neighboring islands. Unfortunately an emergency arose and the family will not be coming. I contacted booking.com and told them of the situation and they told me I had an no-cancellation policy booking. I told them I understood that but the reservation was still 30 days away and we had an unfortunate incident that was out of my control. They contacted the hotel manager and they refused to cancel it without a penalty. The penalty was the full price of the rooms, about $ 4000 US. Are you kidding ? If I have to do that, I'll take some homeless people off the streets and put them up for 5 days. Booking.com told me it was out of there hands since it was up to the hotel manager, who, they say, said No. When I tried to approach the hotel manager directly, they told me to contact booking.com. The good old run around. Booking.com receives a commission from the hotel, that's why they don't want you to cancel. The hotel will not let you cancel because they have to pay booking.com no matter what. I will NEVER use either booking.com or this hotel again. The shame is, it's a hotel that I've really grown to love, but I guess making that one time bang on the customer is worth more than one who keeps coming back. Bottom line is, don't use booking.com. Go directly to the hotel site and make sure you read the fine print because even in an emergency, they don't care.

6/25/14

I booked a disabled room 3 months in advance of our trip to a Para Sporting Event. 2 weeks prior to the event I received an email from booking.com saying that they had amended my booking to a family room without asking myself if this was ok! Of course it was not ok as the room is for a full time wheelchair user who can not stand or walk. I was very annoyed with them and asked them to change the reservation back to the disabled room. After being on hold for over 10 minutes I was told that the hotel had no disabled rooms available now. The rep apologised and said I don`t know what else I can do about it now. I asked to speak to a superviser who was hopeless and eventually told me to find another hotel and they would pay for it as they had made the error. After many phone calls later to various hotels I mananged to secure a hotel with a disabled room. When I informed booking.com they say they will now only pay 20% of the cost. I am now seeking legal advise as they broke a contract and shouldn`t be able to get away with it. Needless to say I shall never book with booking.com again and I am spreading the word far and wide!!!!!!!!!

6/24/14

When my friend and I were planning a trip to Yosemite National Park, we discovered that all of the accommodations within the park were booked solid. Therefore, I used Booking.com's search engine to locate a hotel within a 30 mile radius of Yosemite Valley and booked a lovely cabin in June Lake. Imagine our surprise when we discovered that our cabin was actually located 90 miles from Yosemite Valley, not 30 as indicated on Booking.com. We had to drive an extra 4+ hours round-trip on a daily basis to visit our actual destination. Who in their right mind would book accommodations THAT far away and add THAT much driving time to their trip (not to mention the added cost for gas)? We wound up altering our plans on the last day of our vacation to skip a visit to Yosemite because we didn't want to drive so far yet again. When I wrote to customer service to complain, they stood by the distance noted on their website (because apparently it IS 30 miles as the crow flies) and they blamed ME for not double checking the DRIVING distance. Apparently, we were supposed to pack wings to fly directly over the mountain range, rather than using actual roads to get to the park. I will NEVER use Booking.com again and I will be spreading the word about their lousy and deceptive business practices.

6/24/14

Continuously popping up messages like "pay when you stay!" "no rezervation fee!" etc. But when you got a reservation, it says it cannot be cancelled without a charge. Moreover, it requires users to fill all information about the credit card. This means they could charge you in many ways, whenever they want. I was surprised, how dare they could request such important info. In case of any problem like that, booking.com does not allow the users and hotel to solve problem. It intervenes and makes money. NEVER TRUST BOOKING.COM!

6/23/14

Booked a boutique (91 rooms) hotel in Eilat through booking.com. and when we arrived at the hotel we were diverted to their sister hotel which was a very large 1,000 room family hotel. Not what I signed up for. We were told by the hotel that they were upgrading us. Rubbish we were given exactly the same type of room we should have had at the boutique hotel. It ruined our holiday. We couldn't use the pool due to it being overrun with kids and it was like stepping out into a kindergarten every day and night besides the noise at night in the corridors and next door bedrooms. My son was trying to do some revision (that is why I originally booked a 'quiet' business type hotel). On return I contact booking.com and contacted booking.com and contacted booking.com and contacted booking.com.....get the idea. Eventually after anothe 2-3 e-mails, phone calls and constant e-mailing the same requested information, they finally put me onto customer relations who up to today have not contacted me. I phoned again this afternoon and they have decided not to compensate me (they tell me they are impartial but have taken the word of the hotel who say they upgraded me...joke!!) the only monies they are willing to pay back are the costs I incurred from internet usage which I should never have been charged for in the first place. I have used booking.com for many years BUT NEVER AGAIN. If you want to book a hotel check them out on trip advisor then book it yourself.

6/20/14

I am a B&B owner , today I received a booking at1.30am for arrival that day when I tried to process it the credit card was rejected, I rang booking.com and asked them to contact the guest and sort out a new credit card , if they could nt do this by 12 noon then I wanted the booking cancelled so I could relet , they refused any form of cancelation before 6 pm and gave me a load of policy rubbish. I rang back at 12 and had another heated conversation where they threatened me with over booking charges if I cancelled and relet etc . I have 5 rooms and 20% of my stock was being blocked , the guest had entered into a contract with me by booking , my terms are very clear on b.com site , false card details , false phone no and an auto reply e mail in native language. They did not turn up and I am out of pocket for the 2 night stay, booking.com not interested , take you money and give nothing back. We the providers who pay their wages are treated as second class citizen . If an alternate booking system was around everybody would jump ship and your flash offices in Amsterdam would be vacant .
I don't expect any compensation from booking.com because they refused to cancel the booking and stopped me from having a reasonable amount of time to relet

6/19/14

Reserved apartment during May 2014 for September 2014 with offer of free cancellation up to 7 days prior to stay. Tennyson took 20% deposit the following day. Had to cancel apartment 2 days later. Raised issue of no deposit refund with booking.com on 7 June 2014 and their Ray Ali, Customer Services, advised that Tennyson should refund with 7 to 10 days. No refund received to date. One star rating for both Tennyson, Lincoln and booking.com

6/19/14

asked me to review 3 of my recent 4 stays
I have not been asked to review the 4th stay for some strange reason so will contact booking.com to query why
strangely the one they have omitted deserves a really bad review

6/18/14

I've not had a problem with this site. However, I just booked a hotel for 5 nights down in Florida and I found the same room for about 50 bucks cheaper on Priceline. I want to use the best price guarantee and I have submitted about 8 requests but no one has gotten back to me. Starting to get frustrated.

6/16/14

as a hotelier i never had any kind of problem with their customer service, they are always ready to support us, and our account manager is always replying our emails
i agree that they have to give us an opportunity to reply to the reviews i would like to advise all customers to make a lot of searches about the hotel before they book a room
and always read the policy
there is a lot of reviews about the cancelation and credit card charges, before you book your room there is an information about your room type and cancelation policy, they are not cheating you the fact is your are lazy to read, you are choosing the lower prices which is assigned for non-refundable reservations type without reading the big sentence ( pay now non-refundable )
if you are not sure about your trip dont choose this type of reservations policy

6/15/14

I cancelled a room a month in advance through bookings. They did not alert the hotel and we were charged. Bookings will not take responsibility for their error and said we have took take it up with the hotel. Horrible customer service.

6/13/14

I booked 2 hotel stays tonight, but realized almost immediately that the second one was in error and within 5 minutes I cancelled the 2nd booking well within the time limit. I received an email cancellation confirmation, noting that I would be charged the full price of the cancelled 1 night stay. Disgraceful! I immediately called the hotel (Fairfield Inn in Vicksburg) and the desk clerk confirmed the cancellation and said the charge wasn't theirs, but was Booking.com's. I then called Booking.com and the rep claimed it was the hotel's charge. When I stated that I had already called the reputable hotel and they had denied this, he put me on hold for a minute then came back on the line to say I wouldn't be charged. i will be looking at my credit card statement very closely to make sure that I'm not! I felt that he initially was refusing to refund my money, and for this reason alone I would not recommend booking.com.

6/13/14

I depended on the star rating to book a hotel in Virden, Manitoba through booking.com.

The star rating was 3; when I arrived and stayed there, it was obvious that it was a 1 to 2 star hotel with a gravel parking lot full of potholes, the front window of the room had a hole in it patched with peeling transparent yellowing tape, the towels were blue (generally easier to see if white towels are clean), the room decor was 1950's or 60's, etc. The 'breakfast' consisted of a loaf of bread laying on a table, with some boxes of cereal, paper bowls, and a jug of milk. I didn't bother.

I relied on 4 things to make my booking at booking.com.
1) The star rating which I assume is going to be generally accurate plus or minus 1/2 a star rating
2) The reviews from previous customers
3) The price
4) The photos (which are often misleading)

So I didn't expect the Taj Mahal, but I thought that a 3 star rating would be reasonably accurate and so I risked booking through booking.com

NEVER AGAIN.

My experience with customer service showed me that all they are permitted to do is mouth platitudes, and parrot the party line.

"The star rating is supplied by the hotel owner, sir"

O.K. But hotwire asks me if the star rating is too high, too low, or just right. Could you do that in future?

"The star rating is supplied by the hotel owner, sir...you should have relied on the guest reviews, not the star rating'

Yes but could you post information to that effect beside the star rating? Something like 'the star rating is supplied by the hotel owner, and booking.com does not verify whether this information is correct or not'.

"The star rating is supplied by the hotel owner, sir"

THANKS. I GIVE UP AND WILL NEVER USE YOUR SERVICE AGAIN.

Thank you sir. Have a nice day.

6/12/14

I booked a hotel in Orlando, Florida called Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort through booking.com. It looked very nice and we really liked the fact that they had a lazy river to relax in. I couldnt believe what i saw when i arrived there, it was like joining in on a hurd of cattle. The line was horrible waited 30 mins. to check in. Then we finally got the room, had to jump back in the car and drive 11/2 mile down the road. the building numbers were horrible to spot, it was a maze to try and find the room. get to the room to find out it was dirty, had food on the floors and table, stains on the sheets. i was totally disgusted with this place. by that time i just really wanted to go back home! called the desk, they said they would send someone, we sat and waited for an hour still no one...we then left and went to get our refund for the room. get to the desk they tell us that we have to call booking.com to get our money back. I said it clearly states that you are the ones that charge my card so i want my refund now. 2 weeks later no refund...call the bank and clearly shows that they charged my card, the hotel....called them gave me the run around saying it shows we stayed the night and that they had no other information. disputed through my bank. now going through an investigation. so i hope they realize that fraudulant activety only goes so far. i know a lot of people in florida word of mouth goes a long ways!! Never again will i book through booking.com or think of even staying in that disgusting place.

6/11/14

My family and I were traveling through Pierre, South Dakota and did not expect deluxe accommodations. However, we booked a suite at one of booking.com's recommended hotels, Capitol Inn and Suites, for $165/night. We did not even enter the room. This is not a hotel. It is place for prostitutes, drug dealers and other derelicts who "live" in flea bag motels. The stench coming from the check in desk was disgusting. We did not feel safe. We were so revolted and were getting so many strange looks from the crack addict residents that we departed the property immediately. I called booking.com to let them know of my experience and they told me that they could not help me other that to ask the place to refund our money. Of course, they said no. Booking.com essentially told me they were sorry and could not help me. I have never had an experience quite like this one and I am really disappointed that booking.com could not find us another place and/or refund our money. They also asked me to send photos. I could not really take photos of the clientele without permission and you cannot photograph stench. Seth, the person who took my call, told me the photos on the website looked fine to him. I also emailed booking.com and they asked me to submit photos. If they were to look at my history with them, they would see that I have booked numerous hotels through them and I am a regular customer who has never complained. Poor customer service from booking.com. Never again will I use their site.

6/11/14

I recently posted about a refund for charges that I shouldn't have accrued. You will see that booking.com immediately responds to every and all complaints on this review website. An agent for booking.com always states that he/she would like to investigate further, blah, blah, blah. Upon "investigating further" for my issue, they kept contacting me asking for the same information I had already sent more than once. They then responded with a lengthy email stating how the fault is with the hotel (and booking.com washes its hands of the situation). Now, I only use booking.com to see how people review the hotels and what rooms are available. I highly recommend anyone to do as I do; book a hotel by finding its website and contacting the hotel directly.
Right before traveling in November, I clicked on the hotel where I was planning to stay to view the most recent reviews. I was nervous seeing a message on booking.com that stated in red letters saying <Unfortunately it's not possible to make reservations for this hotel at this time.> Upon arrival, the hotel owner made a joke saying that he was glad I was officially the last guest that they would have who had used booking.com to make a reservation. They no longer associate with booking.com. The hotel had even upgraded my room and after my week's stay, they drove me to the airport for no extra charge.
Book directly with the hotel. The small "mom & pop" hotels will be grateful.

6/11/14

The hotel site says FREE CANCELLATION UNTIL (date listed is a month away). BUT once I received confirmation, the booking.com email says NO CANCELLATION accepted.
So now, I pay for a room that will be re-booked and both the hotel and booking.com make money while I pay for a room I cannot use. This is clearly very dishonest business practice and served up with an expressed of care and concern that is only surface deep.
BEWARE of hotels using booking.com and BEWARE of booking.com

6/11/14

NEVER BOOK THROUGH BOOKING.COM EVER!!!!
We booked a room in a Florence, Italy hotel. The A/C went out in the whole hotel and had been out for 4 days before we got there. It was 95 degrees outside and even hotter in the room. There was a line in the lobby of people trying to leave! This wasnt a question of luxury. The rooms were unbearable. Booking.com offered only 20 percent refund and no help paying the difference for another hotel that we had to move to. Another girl at the same hotel booked through EXPEDIA and was refunded, they helped her pay for the next hotel AND gave her $125 CASH. This is no joke. And what does booking.com offer? 20 percent? And they say it was because Expedia works differently well obviously they work better. I will never book with Priceline or booking.com ever again. I am now in a foreign country out hundreds of dollars and unable to afford nice luxuries like food. I hope this review turns away as many of you as possible. I can't believe that booking.com can't afford to refund two college students.

6/8/14

we were booked in to a hotel in Vienna and we discovered through reading reviews that it was complete trash. We then decided that we wanted to cancel our booking, however when we pressed cancel booking it came up with this rubbish about how you had to sign in and even when we did it gave no instruction what so ever about how to actually cancel without speaking to the hotel itself. This website is a swindler, lier and the biggest load of rubbish ever to be connected. Do not book anything from this, or you will suffer the consequences

6/8/14

I was advised that my hotel in Prague would be charged according to the daily rate. But my card was charged on the day of the booking,and considerably higher than the exchange rate could have been. When I complained to Booking.com, they replied that I needed to understand the Hotel had bank fees. But my bank fees were an extra amount again. I have gone from a good customer to someone who won't use Booking.com again due to lack of transparency and publishing of false or outdated exchange rates.

6/3/14

My sister used booking.com to enquire about staying at the Levy Hotel in Israel for a 10 days and gave her credit card details. Neither booking.com nor Levy Hotels sent her any confirmation, so she assumed that the reservation had not been finalized.

Next thing she knew, the hotel was calling her asking why she was not there and her credit card was charged FOR THE FULL 10 DAYS as a "No Show". This was the first time there was any confirmation that she even had a booking. She thought her request was only an inquiry.

It is understandable that an hotel charges for the night you didn't arrive or even 2 nights, but for booking.com to charge her for 10 nights is ridiculous, unfair and a rip-off. Shame on you booking.com!

5/30/14

Booking.com is biased in favour of guests. Despite the guidelines, guests can post outright lies and owners have no recourse or means to respond. This is simply unfair. I had one guest post that we had no wifi which is totally untrue. Same guest claimed we provided no sheets. But apparently, lies do not breach booking.com's review policy so they can say what they want.

Despite reporting it, booking.com said there is nothing they can do and have left the review posted.

5/28/14

They offered a very unclean and tacky hotel , felt like 3 world country hotel. We got stock because holiday weekend.

dirty bath rooms and pools with bugs in and out...

Very rude workers...

5/28/14

Very vague and hidden policies in an attempt to get people to make reservations. Good luck ever getting a refund from this place. I tried cancelling my order through my phone (traveling) and assumed it went through before I found out I got the full room charge. I'm pretty sure they don't even send confirmation e-mails for cancelling or reminders on booking which would alert you to either case. It also appears you can't even cancel on the same day either....

Afterwards they point to their actual policy hidden by hordes of lies and flashy buttons and exclaim no refunds.

Don't bother with this one.

5/24/14

Very dishonest in how they present the terms. My reservation was plastered with big print saying I could cancel it. I just learned the fine print said: if I cancel, I'll be charged the full amount. In fact, my card was charged by the hotel even though booking.com gave the impression that wouldn't happen.

5/23/14

Used booking.com for the 1st time recently. Due to inclement weather, couldn't make it to the hotel but cancelled in plenty of time, booking.com charged me anyway and now won't give me my $$$ back unless I produce all this paperwork that I can't even get. Ready to get an attorney to resolve. BUYERS BEWARE of this company. See consumeraffairs.com for over 300+ negative reviews.

5/21/14

Although I've had a few positive experiences with booking.com, the not-so-positive are racking up.
I recently needed to change my credit card information with booking.com. For my trips this summer, I had already been charged in full from 3 of the hotels. (Meaning I didn't have to pay anything else since 100% payment was taken at the time of the reservation.) For some reason, the 3 hotels re-charged me as a result of what the booking.com agent did when I called asking for help with editing my credit card details. Since these 3 hotels double charged me (telling me that booking.com had made this error sending my info. a second time as if payment was not yet made), I had to prove that I had already paid in full months ago. The hotels reimbursed me although since the exchange rate had fluctuated during the time it took me to show documentation, I lost out on around 8 USD. Not a lot of money although I'm not the one who should be losing out on these eight dollars.

5/16/14

I booked a Hyatt hotel in February, planning a family trip. The only email I ever got was the confirmation and the "no show" email. I had completely forgot about the reservation and was unable to make it. Every...single...other...site, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hilton, Marriott, etc sends reminder emails about your upcoming trip, but I was told by a Booking.com rep that they don't do that. I think this is done on purpose, in hopes that people will forget to cancel and the hotels and Booking.com get their money. Now I'm out $645 with no hotel stay to show for it. Ultimately, it's my fault, but the rep I spoke to seemed to have not one concern in the world about my plight. Booking.com should really revisit this policy because it's screwing a lot of people over. I will NEVER use them again.

5/13/14

As a hotel manager I find this site as a rare opportunity to shout out my issues with Booking.com and find a way out of the "Blah-blah, we don't care as long as you pay your commission" attitude! Our property is participating in the "Preferred hotels program" and has the overall score of 9.4/10! But if you think that we have any other benefits, rather than paying additional % commission, you are wrong! I have to deal with a case where a guest has mistakenly marked the worst ever 2.5/10 and at the same time has posted a perfect score positive review on Tripadvisor. I have addressed the issue to the customer care but there is no reply of any kind. I very much doubt that the representative has contacted the guest with my query as he promised, so I feel like I got my mouth shut, having no feedback from Booking.com. I few occassions I was told that the site is 100% customer-oriented and will NOT undergo any action in defence of the hoteliers (so called "Parthers"). Even if the guest would present an invalid/false/empty Credit card, the customer service will advise you that there is nothing that can be done and will not contact any customer with any such request from the hotelier! Booking.com can at least enable the option for the hotelier to reply to guests' comment and present their Partners with the right of an unbiased and honest reviews and thus put the guests' blackmailing to halt! I know that someone on duty will reply with the usual "So sorry to hear that", but thank you anyway!

5/12/14

NEVER EVER USE BOOKING.COM
Dear Booking.com
I have contacted you before and have not received any resolution. I made a reservation for Lodge Cordillera on your site. Immediately following the reservation I received a call from your customer service saying that there had been a problem and that the actual rate for the room was not what was advertised but about 3 times higher. They also told me that I could not have booked the room for just one night and that the minimum stay was 2 nights. My position was that you had to honor what was advertised on the site. The lady said she would email me back which she never did. Later on I received a message that my credit card hadnt gone through, despite the fact that I have more than enought credit to cover for the price of the room. I proceeded to update the credit card information. Twice. I also offered an alternative card (I though Well, maybe they don't take american express). Got a message that the second card didn't go through either. Very convenient I am thinking. These guys do not want to honor the advertised fare so they are telling me the card isnt going through. Since I did not hear back from you I decided to contact the hotel directly to see if they could tell me what was wrong and maybe provide the information needed directly to them. I never heard back from the hotel either. My reservation got cancelled. I must say I am extremely disappointed, I will never use your booking engine again. It is a joke.

5/9/14

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!
They have very fine print and will charge your card well in advance (regardless of what it says). They will charge you the FULL Amount even if you cancel and you play hell to try and get your money back. We used them a lot in 2013 and the places we found were pretty lousy, dirty and had horrendous service. The Customer service representatives are arrogant and don't give a damn about your issues.

5/9/14

I was looking for a hotel in St. Johns NL and booking.com stated that the one I booked said it was regular $498 for two nights or so and was on for $398 for two nights. I booked it as I was excited to get a little bit off, as I am fresh out of college and have next to no money. I later went on the actual hotels site and found out that I did not get a deal at all. If I had known this I would not have booked it. Beware of booking hotels through this site and always check the actual hotels prices first!!!!

The Best Hotel Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber