US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

frankm64

We stayed in Hotel Sentral in KL Malaysia about a week ago. (in 315 reviews)

bobs85

Great site that is very customer service oriented. (in 90 reviews)

jackies35

I entered my credit card number because one always has to do that while reserving a hotel. (in 72 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ianb69
7/1/15

This was our second time at Panorma & it did not disappoint.Mavra, Nikki, Dennis, extended family & staff again looked after us very well. The breakfast was spot on, the rooms very clean & comfortable & the pool & sunbeds can't be faulted.Always available to all (no need to reserve with towel!). Everyone is welcomed with open arms. Highly recommended.

michelew15
7/1/15

Booked a self catering studio apartment in Cromer well in advance of the intended date of travel. I got an email advertising the same place and dates for cheaper with Booking .com, so I called them .
They said I had not paid the extra for the cancellation deal, so this deal was not able to be price matched in this case.
I said so why send me the deal at a cheaper price !
They had a chat and decided as I had booked with them a few times before ,if I sent them the invoice upon my return they would refund me £31.00 as a gesture of good will. I was happy with that.
I returned home on the 12/6/15 emailed them the invoice straight away. I received an email back saying they are dealing with my complaint ( it wasn't a complaint) and they would get back to me .
It is now the 1st of July and I have sent them 3 emails inquiring about the status of my refund and haven't had any response at all.
Will I book with them again...I don't think so!

growu
6/30/15

NEVER AGAIN with Booking.com they disclose credit card details in FULL. Plus they do not even care. Very big security issue they should be Shut Down.

sharonh44
6/29/15

Do yourself a favour and stay at this charming guesthouse. The hosts are most welcoming and extremely savvy. Their art collection is amazing.
We stayed in for dinner, a wise decision.
Believe me,you will not be disappointed.

jenniferh96
6/28/15

Rented an apartment in Hollywood for vacation. The apartment had no parking was located behind a bar. When we drove around the block, immediately behind the apartment building, there were 4 people. 1 girl was in an old ambulance and 1girl with 2 men were on the sidewalk. The men were dancing proactively at toward the girls, keep in mind it was during the middle of the day.
Homeless people were lying up and down the sidewalks, and bars covered windows and doors of all local buildings. None of this was disclosed. We worried about the safety of our children. Because we decided that it was unsafe and didn't stay, we were charged for the apartment and an additional no show fee, totalling $1000.00

Total misrepresentation of facilty, and no concern for others safety. All about the money. Don't use booking.com!!!

andyh44
6/28/15

use this site every time i travel, never has let me down

zeenata
6/28/15

Here is the response from them when the Hotel have charge me from debit card by mistake before 12 day response and 56 days response but to action has been taken yet and no sign of money refund , i am calling them n following up on them but they just give a chilled response blaming other departments ,which they called internal department and we can't talk to them .

12 DAYS AGO
Dear Z...

Thank you for choosing Booking.com.

We are writing to you regarding your reservation 640019945 at Mina Concorde Hotel, check-in date 2015-07-11, and check-out date 2015-07-14.

As per the phone call i advise you to wait for the next 3 days if the hotel did not refund the money fop you we as booking.com will refund this money for you but as i inform you we need a proof from your bank as bank statement showing the money and also your name and also the bank name so we can start to refund this money so you can reply for me on this email.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions.

Rasheed Elashry

6 DAYS AGO

Dear Z....

Thank you for choosing Booking.com.

We're writing to you about a charge Mina Concorde Hotel has made to your credit card.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this situation may have caused and would like to assure you that we’ll do our best to arrange a satisfactory resolution as quickly as possible.

In order to proceed, we would need some additional information within the next 4 days:

• A scanned copy of your paper/PDF bank statement or a screenshot of your online bank statement clearly highlighting the charges in question

You can send your documents as a response to this email, and with these documents we will be able to pursue the matter further if the accommodation does not provide a solution for your situation.

Please keep the following in mind:

• Your full name should be visible on the submitted documents
• Screenshots from mobiles apps or text messages are not accepted as proof of charge
• The last 4 digits of your credit card number should be visible

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this situation may have caused.

We look forward to receiving your documents and hope to be of service to you in the future.

Amanda Andree

ANOTHER AGENT 6 DAYS AGO
Dear Zeenat Ali,

Thank you for choosing Booking.com.

We’re reaching out to you about your reservation 640019945 at Mina Concorde Hotel. We’ve received the documents you provided and shared them with the accommodation.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this situation may have caused. We’d like to assure you that we’re doing our best to reach a conclusion and expect to come back with a resolution within 5 business days.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Jaslyn Ho
Booking.com Customer Service Team

REGARDLESS OF MY ALL REPLIES NO ONE REPLY ME BACK FROM CUSTOMER AGENTS AND EVERYTIME I CALLED NEW AGENTS COMES UP AND TELLS HIS/HER NEW STORY THIS IS RIDICULOUS .

sundarid
6/26/15

Three times I have check the box that allowed cancellation of a reservation and 3 times they mysteriously appeared as no cancellation reservations. It was a nightmare. Once, OK i thought it was my mistake. Twice, suspicious. Three times confirmed.
Watch out for this site.

mikeh158
6/26/15

Booked a flight,hotel,car rental all in one

joel558
6/25/15

Booked a hotel price different from site information. Cost more than I was led to believe, only booked for one person when all the information shown was for two, was asked for more money for extra breakfast. Just a rip off DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

journeyp
6/24/15

I got a hotel that is used as a hospital. The place is unsanitary and it is just awful. It was a terrible experience I wouldnt recomend this site to anyone. Specially for military discounts or local discounts. I found a 5 start hotel at the price of the one that I stayed in. It was disgusting. If I could rate -5 I would. Better off calling the hotel or going to a more reliable site

olavs
6/22/15

Be very careful when doing business with above company. Arrived in time at Gresham Hotel Bloomsbury. Due to an absolute horrible condition regarding cleanness and maintenance, we had to cancel and start looking for another hotel. Booking.com was informed, but detucted my credit card for the payment. The case is now sent to lawyer.

brettl10
6/18/15

What a truly terrible company to deal with hidden t&c's and strange trading practices avoid at all costs and quite literally COSTS!!!!

mayak3
6/17/15

I have booked accommodation on Booking.com for a holiday in July after months of research and 6 months ahead before our holiday to be safe and to take advantage of the cheap prices.
The Hotel that I booked via Booking.com cancelled my booking a month prior to my holiday due to some renovations happening there at the time. I have to mention that July is the peak of the high season in Greece with prices going up by at least 200 Euros for decent places. I called Booking.com who told me clearly that the process is: they contact the hotel and ask hotel if they can suggest any alternative accommodation. I asked the customer representative, what would happen if the hotel they find will be more expensive than what I originally booked because I have spent hours again looking for a decent place to stay, but all the well priced options have been booked out. He said to me, don’t worry, if the new hotel will be more expensive, we will cover the costs, but first we need to contact the previous hotel and ask them to offer an alternative. So they did, then they sent me(from booking.com not the first hotel) 3 alternative options, which were totally NOT suitable and definitely didn’t meet any of the criteria that was placed before when booking the first hotel. After the 3 cheap hotels they offered, I thought I should mention that there is alternative accommodation that can be booked, but now, because we waited for so long with emails back and forward, the cheaper options I have found later(which were already more expensive than the original option) are now gone as well and the only hotel that is left is the one with 210 Euros extra on top what I have originally booked for. Then, suddenly, booking.com wrote me that they are able to cover anything that has a difference of under 100 Euros. Which would have been REALLY good to know a week ago when those hotels with under 100 Euros difference were still available!!! Now, the only place that is left is the one with the 210 Euros and guess who will need to cover the additional 110 Euros- that’s right- me the customer!
This whole story is to LET PEOPLE KNOW that booking.com policy is to cover up to 100 Euros on any alternative accommodation in case yours was cancelled by the Hotel.
So DON’T WAIT FOR BOOKING.COM ALTERNATIVE CHEAP SUGGESTIONS THAT WOULDN’T MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS! Book something ASAP yourself as you will miss out on hotels you like AND WILL BE OUT OF POCKET thanks to Booking.com procedures. Apparently, when speaking to them second and last time, I was meant to know to mention the alternative Hotel that I had in mind. That’s when they specifically told me that THEY will deal with everything and I shouldn’t be worried about anything at all as its al will be covered by Booking.com – NOT.
Don’t get tricked! Be aware, don’t sit and wait, book what you like if its just a little bit more expensive and then ask for the difference to be covered by Booking.com.
Hope this helps someone.
A VERY unhappy customer that has to throw 110 Euros to the bin now because of how Booking.com operates.

genep13
6/16/15

They list "national chains" with no regard to how individual locations are managed. Thinking that a hotel's rating should be a general indication, I booked a over night stay in San Jose. BAD IDEA. the place was run down and dangerous. It had structural damage, window's busted out and a long history of criminal activity. I walked down the street to stay at another location, so had to pay for two hotels that night. When we complained to Booking we got "we'll make a note of it" but because it was a national listing they weren't concerned with pulling the listing.
Their interest is more in the quick dollar than the safety or repeat business of their customers.
I will never use Booking.com again and will make every effort to tell everyone I know to stay away from it.

javierj6
6/16/15

Ningunean al hotelero, si el cliente reserva con tarjeta falsa ellos no la revisan, despues te cobran el 16.5% de cada reserva
si vas a pagar 100 euros al hotel recuerda que 16,50 estas pagando a booking.com.
si tienes algun problema con el hotel, ellos no haran nada, solo enfrentan al cliente vs hotel. Ellos siempre quieren quedar como los buenos, para el hotel y para el cliente. Aunque ellos tengan la culpa de todo por la mala informacion en su web.
Si un cliente te amenaza , te rompe algo en la habitacion, trata mal al recepcionista, booking.com nunca defendera al hotelero, permitira a pesar de todo eso que el cliente (hdp) escriba en su web lo que quiera , si quiere decir que ha visto a un dinosaurio debajo de la cama booking.com lo permitira.

trabajamos con muchas mas , expedia, hostelworld, hostelbookers, agoda, fns rooms...per booking.com LO PEOR.

poco a poco le quitaran el mercado ya que abusan de su posicion dominante.

antes te amenazaban si veian que vendes habitaciones mas baratas en otras paginas, mandaban email diciendo que te bajaran el ranking , incluso te pueden quitar de su pagina si ves que no eres su esclavo...una verguenza que permitan esa posicion dominante.

johng203
6/15/15

THERE WEBSITE IS DECEIVING. HAD TO CANCEL RESERVATION DUE TO POTENTIAL HURRICANE. THEIR SITE SAY 24 HRS. FINE PRINT SAYS 48HRS. I CANCELLED 24 HRS BEFORE AND THEY BILLED ONE NIGHT AND SAID TOO BAD. BLAMED IT ON HOTEL. WON'T ALLOW YOU TO TALK TO SUPERVISOR!!!
THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE PROSECUTED FOR FALSE ADVERTISING!!!

sourabhb
6/15/15

What a misleading and fraud website. I booked a hotel today (15-June-2015) on their website, where it was showing final payment as SGD 661.50. I paid this amount. An hour later I got a call from my bank that there is a transaction of SGD 777. I called up Booking, they told me that taxes are included, but it clearly mentioned there that taxes will be charged by the hotel when I stay there.
the website is so misleading that you don't know that taxes are pending as those are mentioned in a consistent small font never added anywhere.
customer care is the worst.

Please do not book through booking.com

Tip for consumers: Only tip I would like to give using that website is "Click on Close button"

sians2
6/14/15

I booked a hotel in Tokyo seeing a very appealing photograph of a swimming pool on the first shot. in the small print it said that for a fee it could be used but this turned out to be extortionate at £600 for the family of the week. I had also attempted to book the option with no cancellation fee. I cancelled the booking but was charged for the first night. There was no transparency about this charge and I feel that somehow a booking with no cancelation fee seems to have morphed into one with a nights accommodation fee. I will never trust this website again and suggest anyone gives it a wide berth

sylviam11
6/11/15

Booked and cancelled a reservation with 15 minutes. The following day my debit card was charged for a nights stay. By the time I realized it, my account had accumulated over $200 in overdraft fees. Have spoken to Booking.com who assured me a credit would be issued. Three weeks later, I'm still waiting. Would completely advise against ever using this site for any reason. Ridiculous! If I could give it negative stars, I would!

kristik5
6/11/15

Disappointing. Why have the field special request when you ignore it? I used to use booking.com for booking all our business travels and would need the credit card authorization form sent by the property every time. I quit using Booking.com when 4/4 of the last bookings I made in the last month did only not get taken care of but did not receive any attention/feedback at all.

Add to that the fact that during our last business trip for 7 people, they had only notified the hotel of the 5 rooms that were needed, so we arrived in Paris and were 2 rooms short. As a solution, they said WE should get on Booking.com and make a new booking for the rest of the rooms that night....... Talk about non-existant customer service - just unacceptable..

I guess they think being the biggest, they can treat their customers like crap and still have business left... Well.. With all the negative comments I have heard on both the side of the bookers and the hotels lately... If they don't review their priorities, they deserve their business to do as crappy as their customer service.

davem114
6/10/15

There are so many reputable hotel booking companies, but Booking.com is not one of them. I was extremely unhappy with the way they conduct business and the harshness of the fine print for any cancellations. I know others have been similarly unhappy with them. Do business with companies that care about customers. I can assure you booking.com is not one of them.

jenniet2
6/9/15

My girlfriend lives 187 miles away.So needless to say,we stay in alot of hotels.The best part of this site is,the more you book the better your room rate.We have stayed in some pricey hotels and have gotton 50% of the rate.Never had an issue or problem with my bookings.Give it a shot! So worth it! Happy travels!

tracyb57
6/9/15

I booked 12 rooms in January in Spain I was sent info of the costs per room collected everyone's money to find out yesterday 5 months later every room has gone up in price as you can imagine it is a headache as I have booked for 28 pax is this right?? Tracy

hanaj
6/9/15

I don´t have much time to write the story here, I have used booking.com as a guest and also as a property owner, so I can compare both sides. While mostly there is no problem on the owner´s side, there is always terrible customer service on Booking.com side. And recently they just change what they call "a privacy". This means you will no longer see the contact e-mail to the guest. You have to call them and they have to call you, which I found disrupting. I am a business man and have no time to giving the personal info (date of birth, address, passport number etc.) over the phone and certainly I am not willing to send it to booking.com mailbox. Also the review system they use is a complete crap! You stay in an apartment and you suppose to answer questions related to hotel. If you do not answer, the system counts it as you gave zero points and dramatically lowers the final score to the property. So you either have to lie or your review will look like you were unhappy there, regardless you wanted to give 10 points... And on top of this, 15-20%% commission is what this site charges the owner!! Even on breakfasts... Awful. That is the reason why some property owners have to add some extra fees, to get this large chunk of commission back... Anyhow, Booking.com is not a company I would trust.

dianeh37
6/8/15

This flat is in a wonderful old building. It has high ceilings and large windows with fantastic views of "the bridges".
The standard of the fixtures and fittings are very high.
There is a great selection of DVDS , books and toys.
We had our 20 month old grandson with us and Carole the owner could not have been more helpful, supplying cot, bedding, high chair etc.
Our very pregnant daughter enjoyed the roomy bath and comfortable bed.
My husband and son-in-law enjoyed the large selection of whiskeys in the pub on the ground floor . The pub had a quiz night the first night we were there and live music on the second night. The noise of the music did not disturb us up on the second floor.
This is a great flat

kathryna9
6/8/15

We have used booking.com on many occasions with no issues but will not be using this site again after our stay at Gemelos 22, Benidorm in April 2015. We had issues getting the keys, first we were sent to a near by hotel only then to be sent to an office on the beach front. Once there we could not collect the keys without paying a 50 euro cleaning fee which pays to clean the apartment on departure! This was not made clear when booking the apartment as otherwise I would have booked through a different site which was cheaper.
When we got back home I tried to complain to booking.com who after a few emails offered to refund half the cleaning fee. Although they felt the cleaning fee was clearly stated (however it is not in what their own site calls 'the fine print')they did admit that with the cleaning fee added on to the total their website did not meet their best price guarantee. For speed I agreed to the refund of 25 euros only to then have not one but five emails ignored when I tried to arrange this refund.
In the end I had to contact Trading Standards who advised my to get in touch again and if I had no response to pass on all correspondence between myself and booking.com on to themselves for them to investigate. So sent another email and then I was offered a refund of the full 50 euros cleaning fee. This was dealt with in a matter of days once Trading Standards were involved and the refund credited back to my card, a big difference to the weeks and weeks where my attempts to contact them was ignored.

jimm872
6/8/15

I'd be very wary of using this shower! I booked a hotel in Vegas and cancelled it 3 days later as I changed my mind. They said on the site that no money would be taken and free cancellation. I checked my balance after I'd cancelled and the hotel had debited my card for nearly €150!!! I called them and they told me "this should not have happened and they'd contact the hotel". The next day they said they needed copies of bank statements, proof of address, virtually everything about me (statements had bic, iban, account number, name address etc. perfect for identity fraud!!!! ) I was very wary but felt I had to give then the info or I wouldn't get a refund. I gave them what they wanted and the refund came through. The problem then was I was left short on the refund because of the exchange rates and transaction charges. I pointed this out to them and asked for the difference but they basically told me where to go as I'd got a refund!!!! and it wasn't their fault. They admitted that the money shouldn't have been taken in the first place, therefore it's definitely not my fault so why am I still out of pocket??? In other words book at your own peril, be prepared to have money debited when you don't expect it and then be prepared not to get it all back after you've spent hours of your own time chasing their F**K UP!! Disgraceful!

viliamm
6/7/15

We had a truly excellent stay at Schwoagerhof. The place is very beautiful, easy access to a highway, room was very clean and the breakfast perfect. Alexandra was very kind and helpful, beyond any expectation. She helped us with a health problem, we are extremely grateful to her for that. We met very nice and hospitable people and we recommend this pension to everyone. If we visit that part of Austria again, we will definitely stay there.

monikal3
6/4/15

Booking.com seem to be very much in arrears complying with with their refund policies. I was offered to cancel a booking due to the information supplied by the hotel being incorrect on the site free of charge. I had paid a deposit of 70 Euros. I confirmed with booking.com that the refund would be made in March. Guess what... I am still waiting for the refund today!! I had lots of very friendly and helpful conversations with the Customer Services employees, but we are not getting any closer to a resolution. Todays reply was that Booking.com is now reimbursing me from their own pocket and that this kind of thing takes extra long... how long they could not say... I asked to speak to someone in charge and was fobbed of with the reply that any manager or supervisor in charge would tell me the same thing... I travel a lot and have so far used them exclusively with no complaints at all... Now I am having second thoughts.

deborahf12
6/2/15

You can be charged for a room before you even arrive at the place. We found out the hard way. We booked a room with "special conditions", that meaning that you cannot cancel this room once you book it unless you give 30 days notice. We booked less than a week before, but they STILL charged us the cost of the full reservation, even with 2 days cancellation notice. Read the fine print, not all hotels book the same way. booking.com does not make this information clear at all. Makes me feel unsafe when traveling, like thieves are allowed to steal from you with this site.

we finally got some of our money back no thanks to bookings.com. I will not be using them again. Best to jsut find hotels on there then contact the hotel yourself, better and at least you will find out the hotel policy.

demid2
6/2/15

I booked a hotel on their website booking.com. On arriving at the hotel, I was told that hotel is not available ?? WHOA

I was given option of alternative room which was not at all upto the mark.

This is completely unacceptable !! I did not wanted to spoil my holiday by creating a scene at the hotel, but surely Booking.com is loosing its sheen and quality.

dl63
6/2/15

Although I cancelled a booking WELL within the cancellation period, my credit card was billed for the stay. When my credit card was refunded, it was less than the original amount charged due to exchange rate fluctuations. Of course, it went in the property's favor. If the property had waited until the CANCELLATION DATE to bill, there would not have been a problem. Booking.com's response?
"The property is not liable for this loss, because they had the right to take the deposit and for understandable reasons they can't and should not refund you more then they have received."

Thanks for nothing, booking.com

jenniferp58
5/29/15

I reserved a hotel in San Francisco 6 months in advance. The advertisement said that I could book now and pay later. The full amount ($1200) was charged to my card immediately. The reservation also stated that I could not cancel or make changes. Two months after booking, I received an email stating that the hotel canceled my reservation. In order to receive a refund, I would need to provide a bank statement showing that I had been charged for the stay. I have provided this twice with all personal bank information blocked out and only the last digits of the card info and the actual charge showing. Booking.com still insists that this is not enough proof to provide a refund. I asked that they contact the hotel directly to confirm the charge and amount, and they are unwilling to do so. I will not use this site again for travel.

jaymeep
5/28/15

I have had the worst customer service experience with booking.com. I had prepaid for a reservation and then a month later it was cancelled. I have sent emails and called in to find out why I have not received any updates and all they can tell me is that the refund department is "very busy." Not an acceptable response. I will not book with them again.

josephm105
5/27/15

We purchased a new Ford Freestyle in 2004. In 2008 the transmission failed and Ford said it was out of warranty because it was more than 36 months old even though it only had 35600 miles on it.
Ford also said there were no recalls onthe car pertaining to transmissions. The dealer charged me $2200 to repair it.
The following april ford sent me notice of a recall on the transmission. Since I had it repaired Ford said send a copy of the receipt and they would reimburse me. I sent the information they requested and they sent me $1435. It seems the dealer overcharged quite a bit.
Ford balkegd at any additional payments.
One year later the transmission failed again and Ford said there were no recalls. The dealer charged me $1800. Ford refused any additional payments claiming now that any thing additional would have to come from the dealer. joemele8 @aol.com

tonys88
5/27/15

On the booking.com website they show the room price for $79.99 and the tax "TAX(12%" included $9.60".
When I rented the room they charged additionally for tax total being $89.59. Tax was not included. I received a confirmation email with the same information. :(
I called customer support and spoke with the rep and his manager. They both agreed their the website wording and pricing. They still refused to refund the miss charged tax amount. :(

I hope other's see this review before they rent from booking.com

heikes1
5/26/15

They state they have a low price guarantee, but they do not. I booked a hotel room with them, then checked on the hotel website before my trip for directions, and saw that the room's standard cost is considerably less expensive than the price booking has. I wrote booking with the information. I received an answer stating the low price guarantee does not apply for reasons 1 (inform booking after checking in), 2 (lower price is due to reward points), and 3. price advertised is not for same room, not for those dates, etc.. I replied stating that neither 1, 2, or 3 applied and that I would like them to honor the low price guarantee. I received another answer two days later with a screen shot that shows the price the same as booking's on the hotel's website. Only thing is, it was a screenshot from ANOTHER hotel and the price "list" was from 2014. I wrote them back again, and so far..... nothing.
Update: received an email from booking offering me to reimburse the difference. Waiting for details...

frankf26
5/24/15

My first impression was ok. I knew it was an old hotel before I got there, so I didn't expect perfection. The clerks at the front desk seemed courteous and polite enough. I wouldn't be writing this review if what accured on Sunday morning prior to my check-out never happened.
So first I'll start with the workmanship and quality of the renovations being done at Baymont.
Every unprofessional. No real renovations to speak of. Messy chalking around the sinks and tubs. 1970's furniture and carpet. Paint stains on the carpet in hallways and room. The elevators were a little scary. The elevator to the right, I pushed the button for the tenth floor. It started to go up, stopped at the fifth floor. then went down. I pushed the button several times before it responded.
Although the clerks at the front desk where polite, one fellow was quite rude. As I was exiting the elevator he stood right in the center of the opening to the elevator. To exit the elevator I actually had to walk around him. He is an employee of the hotel and he makes his quests walk around him? And that was not the only incident. Next the same fellow stood at the top of the entrance to the hotel. As I exited you would think he would step aside to allow a quest to other enter or exit. Not this fellow. We're your guests. Paying guests at that.
I tipped the housekeeper quite well considering I had the feeling housekeeping doesn't have much to work with. And I felt bad for the woman who prepaired the continental breakfast. I felt as though she was imbarrassed about the quality of it. Frozen bagels left to thaw in the display case makes for a soggy bagel.
Last but not least. And this is the very reason I chose to write this review. Check-out was 11:00am. At 7:38am, and I remember because I looked at the clock, a new guest arrived trying to enter my room. They gave him a swipe-key that worked on the door to my room. And if it wasn't for the safety latch he would have been able to walk right in to my room. That's a big, big problem. But to top it all off. The clerk never apologized for his mistake. That's a shame. If you think your above an apology in the hotel business, you won't get far.
Sincerely
A disappointed customer

janicer8
5/23/15

Booking.com receives no stars in my book. I booked a hotel through them and one month before my trip I receive an email stating that my trip was canceled and showed a zero balance. I had already paid up front for this trip and had not canceled. When I called they said that the hotel had gone out of business and that I had to prove that I'd paid the balance. It took several weeks before I got my money back and this was after sending my statements proving the charges. They had no problem taking the money....

carolw37
5/20/15

This is by far the worst booking.com reservation online service. I should have read the reviews before ever involving myself with them....Their representatives are clueless. Management is rude and even more clueless.

I was told two weeks ago when I canceled my reservation and the money was taken from account that it would be a week or two before I'd see any money..

A week or two later I'm being told a whole different story...We couldn't get a hold of the hotel or they had to see your bank statement....Just ploys to keep my money...and I still my money has not been reimbursed.

I told them my money should never have been taken in the first place and that's how I understood the booking process...You pay if you show up the day of the reservation and they take you money at that time..

I was called a liar...That's what the hotel stated...so all those hotels that say book now pay later was all in my imagination?

So I've been called a liar, lied to, and still my money, almost a $1,000 is still unaccounted for..The hotel doesn't want to give it back...Booking.com doesn't want to give it back...

Now what do I do...hire a laywer?

Please, please, please, anyone who reads this stay away from this booking site...horrible!!!!!

sherryj14
5/20/15

I went through booking.com for a 2 night hotel stay in Lubbock, TX for my son's graduation May 16th with 5 non smoking rooms!! I checked in I was given all smoking rooms my family has ASTHMA! All hotels of my choice were booked up when I made reservations in December 2014!! I will never use booking.com again!!

jonh43
5/19/15

anonymous guest reviews given with no thought for the hotel. It is just bad for everyone concerned we are seriously thinking dropping booking.com for having anonymous reviews of our establishment or any establishment. how do we know that they are real reviews because they say that they are? what a load of crap if you cant put your name to it then do not review it.what are you afraid of an email asking a question. that you can trash if you like how can a hotel improve on themselves if you just give a rating without being subjective.we the hotel are not anonymous

gilesl9
5/17/15

The best price guarantee is a sham. They do not have the best offer and will not match it either. I strongly advise you not to use them.

bethk10
5/12/15

We booked a hotel in Ocean City, Md. Had a serious problem with young college partiers all night. We contacted booking.com who was not very helpeful. We ended up threatening to contact American Express and reverse the charge. We finally got a refund. We left a professionally worded & honest review but booking.com scrubbed our review from the hotel website.
Then we looked at the actual motel website and found out that the motel was offering less expensive prices than booking.com. We sent booking.com an email asking please for the difference because they had a "Best Price Guarantee" and we were given a run around.

MY RECOMMENDATIONS:
1) Always use a credit card NOT a debit card to book your reservation. When you have a problem you can always rely back to your credit card to get a refund when booking.com does not respond.

2) Do not believe the pictures that are posted. In our case, the pictures of the motel room look nothing like the actual room, there was NO ocean view as shown in the picture. I believe that the picture was from a different property.

BOTTOM LINE:
In my experience, booking.com was a very poor reservation site, will not be using them again.

tanyav4
5/11/15

Using Booking.com has made planning a holiday nice and smooth. Look forward to using it for our next holiday

kristinac6
5/11/15

Attention Julio and Mr Terry.

From: Kristina Christie <kris@lawrencelawry.co.uk>
Subject: 14047508 Attention Tom
Date: 28 April 2015 15:16:38 BST
To: trustandsecurity@homeaway.co.uk

Hello Tom,
Thanks for your time today.
Just to recap the following are the issues with the property 895231.

The manager, owner was very slow in responding to any email or telephone queries.
The photographs that were sent me were a compilation of photos of a variety of apt and villas rented by this agent.
The apartment was not clean and light bulbs were out in the master shower room.
The door to the shower room was broken.
The stove/hob was broken.
The kitchen was not as advertised, fully equipped. It did not have a cooker or a kettle or a coffee maker. The BBQ was dangerous and broken.
There were no sea views as advertised and the private beach access did not exist.
Most importantly, the master bedroom external door was broken and would not lock.
The handy men who arrived to look at eh glass door did not have tools nor the parts required to make the door secure. Neither man was interested in looking at the hob as they were not electricians. Nothing further could be done until Monday. We arrived on a Friday and our flight home was on Weds.
I told Clara, one of Julio’s employees, that we would be leaving and moving into a hotel as we could not stay in a flat that was not secure. She indicated that she understood.

In terms of unauthorised payments on my card there were three. Two for 235 Euros and a further for 200 euros but I would like a full refund as the property was not as advertised at all.

I have forwarded you the emails where Mr Terry and Julio have agreed to transfer funds into my account, and request my details but as of today no monies have arrived.

Cheers,
Kristina Christie

roberts238
5/9/15

My second most favorite booking site. I really don't understand all the negative reviews. Booking.com is a VERY reliable site! Period!

benh60
5/9/15

I've used booking.com for at least two years, and I always check out their deals first. The reserve now, pay later deal is great, and the choice is very good, allowing you to widen the search area with ease.

nerov
5/7/15

and here we go, now I show you the indecent customer service of booking.com by posting some emails... I REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT A NON SHOW AND ABOUT A REVIEW THAT i GET FROM A BOOKING THAT i DECLARED NON SHOW and this is what they respond... 13 hours after my contact...

'Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for working with Booking.com.
We are writing to you regarding our mutual guest XXXX with reservation number XXXX, check-in date 2015-05-05, and check-out date 2015-05-09.
Could you please kindly inform the booking number which is no show, but guest give you a review?
Please kindly note that reservations from booking.com can mark no show after 12:00P.M of the arrival date.
There are 2 ways to minimize your loss:
Option 1, we make a setting in our shared system, require guest provide credit card information for the booking. If guest is no show, you can charge guest credit card.
If you can't charge credit card, you may refer to option2:
Option 2, you can specify on hotel brochure that "guest should pay prior to arrival and guest will be reached within 24 hours after the booking, hotel will send email to guest for prepayment."
If you need any support please don't hesitate to call us at any time.
Booking.com customer service phone number in Thailand is: 02 78 73 013, you may request to have a Italian speaker.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Kind regards'

THEN I DECIDE TO KEEP GOING AND ANSWER THEM WITH THIS EMAIL

"The booking number not shown is XXXX I got already a email from you was sayng I have to pay the commission about this booking and it's not a problem for me, I'm not soon of 50 Baht, the problem for me is the review of this customer, because she did not check in, they arrived here at 9:00 AM and pretend to check in when my check in time is after 1 PM, I was working in a room and they asked me the wi-fi password, I gave them and they booked another hotel and also asked me the phone to call the Hotel for a free pick up, of course I said no and I ask them to pay the first night as the cancellation rules but they refuse, so I kept going on with my job and ignored them, they left and I forgot to mark as non show the booking, I realize that I did forgot when I saw the review... I cancelled the booking but I immediately get this email form you customer service that was saying that the guest has contact you to confirm she did checked in...

Anyway I'll use your service until the end of the low season and if you don't start to work in the right way and I mean you get paid by customer and you pay me and keep your commissions, there is no chance at all that I'll work with you during the high season... I wondering what I pay you for if the booking are not guarantee...

best regards. XXXX'

AFTER ANOTHER 15 HOURS I GET THIS REPLY, PLEASE DON'T DIE LAUGHING...

'Dear XXXX,
Thank you for working with Booking.com.
firstly, we did not see any review left by this guest.
secondly, we have advised you to make a set up to minimize your loss:
however, we understand that your hotel only accept cash, therefore, option 2 will be a good choice. please noted that as your hotel do not take credit card, there is a high chance that guest could make booking without turn up. as a business partner, we hope that you could maximize your profit by a well operation.
thirdly, as the booking has been cancel, we did not charge any commission.
we hope above information could helps you understand better.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Kind regards,'

NOW YOU TELL ME IF THIS CAN BE CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE OR BUNCH OF IDIOTS...

Tip for consumers: USE AGODA! ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE AN HOTEL OWNER!

12 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Booking.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: When I left Crossroads Best Western Motel in Indianapolis in I gave the hotel a good rating, other than the average breakfast. When my credit card bill came I had been additionally charged $219. for a room I did not use. They first said their auditors would look into it. Nothing. Then they said it was a Booking.com problem. Nothing. I called back ten days or so was told he would look into it. A third call with anger in my voice got action. I have been refunded my money. It took too many weeks and calls by me. All the manage wanted was to get his $20 fee back from Booking for the reservation, and put my need at the bottom of his list. Was it indeed a Booking.com mistake? You took the blame.
9/11/13
Answer
deank8
A: After making your 3rd reservation you qualify to join the so-called "Genius" program, which entitles you to an additional 10% discount on each reservation from then on.
5/3/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: how can I organize flights too
4/20/15
Answer
atnos
A: Trevago is hooked into Booking.com don't make a mistake and let trevago send you to booking.com go to Hotel.com which is more professional. I had to go to American Express customer serviced to complain and they gave a dead line for explanation. They had no explanation for crappy service and had to repay me.
4/29/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Booking.com staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

1 Coupon for Booking.com

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Booking.com to save!
Go to Booking.com