US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

cindym38

However, a recent experience made us decided not to use or recommend this hotel booking site again. (in 209 reviews)

nickw36

This goes beyond the call of duty and Booking.com Customer Service were great to honour this.! (in 64 reviews)

tb37

I recently needed to change my credit card information with booking.com. (in 47 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

shellyc19
10/22/14

My partner and I booked our hotel room in Kandi, Sri Lanka, from the capital, Columbo, via booking.com yesterday morning.

When we arrived at the hotel last night we were presented with a bill for approximately double the confirmed price. Naturally we questioned this and were told to take up the matter with booking.com.

Upon calling them the agent was rather unhelpful up until the point I sent him an image of the confirmation page we received after making the booking, when he became extremely so and rather rude.

We booked our rooms in "Rs" and received a confirmation also in "Rs". After seeing the confirmation page the agent put me on hold to talk with his supervisor, and after several minutes returned telling me he'd resolved the problem. The "Rs" mentioned were Indian rupees which are of a higher value than Sri Lankan rupees. He went on to say that we must have chosen this denomination. We did not.

He went on to explain in a brusk manner that on their website they use "LKR" to denote Sri Lankan rupees and "Rs." to denote Indian rupees, so if you understand this there would have been no confusion. However, when you go to currency conversion websites, Indian rupees are never indicated in this way, rather they are denoted by "INR".

The agent went on to explain in a patronizing way that many countries use dollars as a currency, so the type of dollar must be specified, which I accept but if you're going to do this you can't just make up your own system of codes and expect the rest of the world to understand it!

Also, if you're in the US, Australia or Hong Kong, where the dollar is used, it is assumed you mean the local currency and not one or the same name but of a higher value. That's called fraud.

The agent said on more than one occasion that he was "perfectly capable of handling" the matter on his own. Clearly this was not the case and even his and his supervisor's efforts were deficient in resolving this simple issue.

You may have a reasonable experience booking through these people, but if, like us, you want to simplify your holiday and take things at face value, go to another site or better yet, book directly with the hotel.

I will never use this company again and will take great pleasure in advising others to do the same!

gordons23
10/20/14

I booked a room for an adult and child (my daughter) on the bking.com website. It came up with Sidney Hotel SW1
We arrived to be told the room was for me only- no child. The attitude of the hotel was appalling . It was the only room available and they said right there and then "you can stay but not your daughter" !!! Yes unbelievable! or we would have to find another hotel. After much fuss I said okay can you refund me and I'll try somewhere else. They refused. Phoned Bking.com and they tried to get me a refund. Two of the agents said they (Bking.com.) had many problems with their own website recently and they sympathised with me and confirmed the terrible attitude of the Sidney Hotel. One of them admitting the hotel could'nt do much about it regs rules etc. Clearly the booking made at the Bking.com website had mutated to a single person when it went through to the Sidney hotel.We left and after much trauma and walking around we found another hotel. Tonight 20/10/14 I asked bking ,com to get me a refund on this A very unsympathetic agent said he thought I had booked the wrong room and that was that. I pointed out that on this website (Booking.com) you can make the search RIGHT NOW for an adult and a child it it still NOW comes up with that hotel as a possible option room for an adult and child...Never again. I do book often for many people and everybody I know will now never book through them ... they'll lose more than the £85 I did. Unbelievable

borisv2
10/18/14

DO NOT USE THEM. BUT IF YOU DO, CALL HOTEL OR AIRLINE TO CONFIRM YOUR RESERVATION.
Got reservation confirmation 3 days prior to my business meeting. When I got To The hotel, They DID NOT Have ME Listed At all.
We drove for 8 hours to the destination. No rooms within 40 miles. Hotel clerk told me that it is very common with both Expedia and Booking.com not to inform hotels. They offered to reimburse me for gas driving 40 miles each way every day AS LONG AS I PRO I DE THE WITH GPS RECEIPTS IN TIMELY FASHION. Crazy....

Tip for consumers: Do not use them

job126
10/17/14

The email with the price I reserved is lower than the price I am being charged by the hotel. The customer service rep said that the reservation they sent to me doesn't reflect all of the taxes. As I was talking with the customer service rep, he repeatedly interrupted me.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site.

ronaldf10
10/13/14

So so bad made a booking with them on the strength of the pictures and info online by them only to get to the place check in and find the rooms to Be Not As Described And not fit to use I contacted booking.com and thay told me it was the hotel at fault but the hotel told me it was booking.coms error last time I looked it was the seller's responsibility to confirm the info not the consumer don't do it stay clear!!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't do it read the other posts stay away or ring the hotel yourself!!!!!!!

pauliner5
10/11/14

Absolute he'll, worst experience I have ever had. Staff made huge mistakes with change of booking even when we rang them direct. I will never use them again and they should be taken of the booking sites. So stressful, they obviously don't care as there is a huge number of
Complaints Already!

davidn45
10/9/14

I am so relieved that I have just taken our hotel off the booking.com site. I have never had so many problems and have had to deal with so many arrogant and useless people.

This organisation takes 15% on the hotels income (or their portion of it) but does nothing to resolve problems and is actually usually the cause of the problem. WE have a great reputation rated 5 out of 5 on tripadvisor etc but feel working with booking.com will tarnish this and be detremental to our long term success. I dont want to be dealing with problems due to lack of information, up to 18% cancellations and the resultant disputes. We want people to stay and enjoy themselves not be in disputes with them.

Goodbye booking.com, it really wasnt nice meeting you

Tip for consumers: Book direct, you will often get a better price, upgrades, freebies as the hotel will see you as their customer.

rachelg22
10/7/14

DISGUSTED with this company. I am an apartment owner and it was nothing but terrible service from the first booking, which was a scam booking, although they still tried to charge me commission. Terminated my agreement with them but said I would honour any bookings already made so long as clients paid in full. One cancelled - Booking.com still trying to charge commission. When there was a problem with an apartment their customer service was awful, and just got some woman shouting down the phone at me. Yet they are not meant to interfere the booking is between myself and the guest. Offered guests a partial refund, even though they threatened my property manager, and yet Booking.com took it upon themselves to give said client a full refund and then try and charge me for this plus commission.

Tip for consumers: DON'T

amandac32
10/6/14

EXCEPTIONAL home from home experience!!..My husband and I stayed in Kalyves, Crete in the most amazing accomodation - DIMITRA apartments and Studios.This was the most wonderful warm , comfortable, clean and homely place anyone could EVER stay in.Dimitra is a bubbly, vivacious, caring host who has charmingly created a beautiful,spacious, refined apartment to stay in.Not one thing was missing.WE not only enjoyed our stay, but made new friends.I shall most definitly recommend her glowingly to everyone who wants to stay in Kalyves, or the surrounds.Its a special experience.

Tip for consumers: Room 5 is with great view, little seating area with books in the front part of the apartment,seaview is spectacular and easy access to the pool.

marcor17
10/6/14

Simple, intuitive and flexible: in most of the cases you don't have to pay at the time of booking
Maybe for this reason Booking is the site number one when you are looking for an accomodation wherever in the world
Maybe the could improve the map because sometimes it doesn't work properly...

laurad40
10/5/14

Very disappointed in Booking.com, will not use again and recommend you don't either. My daughter booked a weekend in Stockholm. Then Air France went on strike and it was impossible for her to get there. Apparently this doesn't matter, the situation becomes a great way for Booking.com to take your money! The hotel said they weren't able to refund since the reservation was through Booking.com and Booking .com refused to refund the money. A 20 year old learned early not to use this service. Shame on you Booking.com, hope you enjoyed the money, you wont be getting any more from this family!

olgai4
10/3/14

I was shocked. Many times I booked hotels with booking.com and everything was ok. Until recent case. I booked a hotel again, booking.com confirmed that the room is booked, but a few days later I got an email that the booking is canceled!
I was lucky that I didn't miss this email. Because when after that I started to reed reviews and found that the situation is very typical! People who missed such an email often arrives to hotels after confirmation from booking.com and they don't have a room! I understood how lucky I was that I didn't miss the email. I understand, everything can happen, but they could at least call! Not just send an email!

Well, then it became even worse. I called booking.com and asked what happened! The person I talked to, Artur Skornikov, was extremely rude, then I asked him how can I talked to his manager, he replied that he has no manager, he is the main manager I can talked to, then he said that he has no interest in talking to me any longer and hanged up!! I see now, this is a typical booking.com reaction to any client problem!

What I would like to do now.
1. Find manager of Artur Skornikov and ensure that he receives adequate discipline action
2. Find a way how to get compensation from booking.com for such totally unacceptable behavior.

I would highly appreciate any advise how can I achieve these goals.

Tip for consumers: Never use it! Find hotel web site and book directly!
I will never ever book anything using booking.com.

jok22
10/3/14

Very unimpressed with booking.com. I booked 2 rooms at a hotel in Eastbourne 6 weeks in advance of the date. At 8pm the evening before we were due to go I got an email saying that the hotel was over subscribed so we had no rooms. They offered alternative rooms which were £88 more. They did offer to pay the difference but having already paid in full for the first booking, I then had to paying full for second one too. They then needed proof from me for all payments even though it all went through them, before they would refund. Very unimpressed,wdon't be recommending them or using them again. Avoid at all costs.

laural38
10/2/14

I have been faithfully using booking.com for the last 5 years to make all my hotel bookings. But I had a terrible experience with them, and will NEVER be using them again. I had made a booking for a hotel in Salzburg through them back in July. However the owner offered me a better rate than booking.com so I then proceeded to cancel my booking with booking.com. The owner of this hotel informed me that all transactions were to be done in cash, so I did not have to provide any credit card information for the reservation. However much to my surprise when I had to cancel with her due to a family illness 3 weeks after I had cancelled my booking.com reservation, she accessed the credit card information I had provided to booking.com 1.5 months ago and charged me a 200$ late fee! And what did booking.com do to help me, as I insisted that my privacy had been violated as she accessed personal information I never provided to her but rather had provided to booking.com, that should have been completely unaccessible to her after my cancellation with booking.com, they told me I was lying and that I had provided this credit card information to the owner. With a futile email exchange with them over 1 month to try to rectify the situation, not a single thing was done to help me. PLEASE AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS AT THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

Tip for consumers: AVOID- go with hotels.com

cristinac11
10/1/14

I would give this website a minus if I could. They use false advertisement, are not organised and have no basic information about the hotel they book for. I made a booking for the Blakehouse Hyde Park Hotel in London, but then cancelled it a few hours later. At the booking stages I was assured that the card will not be charged for this booking and we will only pay when we stay at the hotel itself. However I was shocked to find out I WAS CHARGED!!!!!!! Even though we cancelled the booking and did not stay there. Neither booking.com nor the hotel took responsibility for that charge and I could not get my money back which was a hefty sum of £244 for one night!!! I had to contact my bank to try and solve this.
WEBSITE IS ONLY A THIRD PARTY! HAS NO POWER AND CLUE OVER THE BOOKINGS MADE. PLEASE LOOK AT THE HOTEL'S CANCELLATION POLICY BEFORE YOU BOOK because there is no information like that on the booking.com website. WILL NEVER USE THIS AGAIN!

Tip for consumers: check the website for the hotel for information on cancellation as booking.com does not offer this information.
The website also has no power over the booking so refunds have to be obtained from the hotel itself ( while the hotel itself sends you to booking.com so it goes back and forth..... !!!!

alanw25
10/1/14

Unfortunaly you have to leave a star its a shame you cant put minus.
Me and my wife book the prince of wales in southport for our 30th wedding anniversary through booking.com.
I was descusted at the fact when we got there we had a standard room when paying for a executive room. we got the executive room the next day but thats not the point i will never go with this company again.

Tip for consumers: dont go throuth booking. Com go to the hotel itself they have just as much as a deal then all these companys

joyced8
9/29/14

Don't use booking.com they are unorganized, dishonest and rude. The lodge we stayed at was great but working with booking.com was a terrible experience.

frankm64
9/27/14

We have used Booking.com on many occasions. We travelled to over 35 countries and we are pretty fair in our reviews as we're an elderly couple. I am also a very senior contributor for Trip Advisor.
We stayed in Hotel Sentral in KL Malaysia about a week ago. Prior to that we had a fantastic 12 days in Subang Jaya ( 4 nights at Grand Dorsett ), 4 nights in White Lodge Langkawi, 4 nights in Noordin Mews Penang. We only picked Hotel Sentral because of it's proximity to K
L Sentral. After the first night my wife was bitten by something and she was breaking out in rashes. I went to a Chemist nearby and explained the symptoms and he got me the medication from 1 spot in the front of the counter for bed bug bites. The location of the hotel is good and so are the staff. Breakfast was also OK but who would like to be bitten by bed bugs while on holiday. My wife wrote an honest review but Booking.com did not publish it. Even the Hotel Management apologized to my wife but not Booking.com. I would advise people to desert them in droves. They are dishonest. I read a review on Agoda where a customer complained about the same problem and got a refund. I would strongly recommend people who are travelling not to use Booking.com and also Sentral Hotel. After 10 days my wife has still not recovered.

Tip for consumers: Be careful when you give Booking.com your credit card details. You can read on this website that someone's had their details stolen in Germany. I'll rate them a big ZERO.

zinniaj
9/26/14

My complaint is about 1) truth in advertising, and 2) why we were not allowed to review the B&B in question through Booking.com

1) My husband and I, and another couple, booked a B&B through Booking.com which turned out to be a disaster. How does Booking.com check up on small, private outfits who offer such intimate accommodations as a B&B in a private residence? We booked these two rooms based on reviews and professional photos left on Booking's website. However, that could not have been more misleading. Does anyone ever go out to check on these places?

2) When I tried to review this establishment on Booking's website, I found that it was no longer on my list of bookings. It had been taken down because, I supposed, we never got to stay. However there is a reason we did not stay, and that is what I would like to report.

We had a disturbing encounter with the Inn's proprietor, who threw us off the property, leaving us stranded in the middle of a country road. We phoned our friends (who were on the road and had not yet arrived) to warn them to stay away and meet us in town because we needed a plan B. After some phone calls to Booking.com explaining our situation, Booking did not charge us for the room, but our friends were charge because according to the Innkeeper "the friend did not show up to see for himself". This is most bizarre. Our friends booked the room on our recommendation which was based on Booking's review. If Booking accepted our explanation and did not charge us for the room, why charge our friends? Did they have to drive all the way out there to see what we saw, and be subjected to the same treatment we were subjected too?

I would like to state that we have nothing to gain by discrediting this or any other outfit. We have traveled quite a bit and stayed at some very nice places, others not so nice, but we have never felt threatened in this way. In hindsight, we should have called the authorities.

williamp54
9/26/14

I am a bit frustrated with booking.com recently as I have been using it for years but last year after booking some German hotels my card details were stolen the next day and used on a bunch of German transactions which resulted in me having to cancel the card.
I just think the way they hand over the card details doesnt protect the customers from fraud.

Despite this I went back to booking.com and gave it another go but had two bad experiences with hotels and I wrote a genuine albeit negative review based on my experience, but it is yet to be processed which makes me suspicious of their tactic to filter out bad reviews because essentially a bad review could result in them losing a commission.
If they can't handle the reality of honest reviews then they shouldn't advertise their website on the ethos of it being genuine reviews by real people...because its edited to suit their own agenda.

evana10
9/26/14

Booked a room for Today the 26th of September, during the finalization online it changed my room to last friday the 19th of September. Now they will not do anything to help me, I dont want a refund just want a place to stay for the night before my wedding. As a business owner this is the most ridiculous customer service I have ever heard of.

Tip for consumers: Dont use this website

davidc166
9/25/14

First few times I used them I thought they were fantastic. Straight forward OK cheap accommodation. Then latest dealings terrible. If you need to change, cancel enquire or check something its impossible.
Ended up in terrible accommodation, cancelled just inside the cancellation period still been charged and no refund.
Not worth the effort. Saved about £20 on my successful stays. Lost about £90 in clerical errors and no 'customer service' to deal with problems.

Tip for consumers: Don't use if the slightest possibility you may have to change or cancel your booking. They will get some money from you somehow.

juliet69
9/18/14

We recently travelled in County Donegal in Ireland and for two nights landed at the Inishfree Bed and Breakfast just outside of Culdaff, County Donegal, Ireland. www.inishfreebedandbreakfast.com The entire tour around the Wild Atlantic Way, that is around the Inishowen 100 meter drive is beautiful, mysterious and unlike any area in which I've ever been, even in Ireland. The B&B is a real oasis, outside of a small town near the North East Coast, and unprepossessing at first glance, but beautifully well done with a library, home grown vegetables, quiet rooms done up with a lot of detail toward the comfort of the guests. We used it as a base to explore and there were even unexcavated stone circles within walking distance developed by prehistoric civilizations. The folks that run it love the area and taking care of weary travelers. A real find.

Tip for consumers: If you are a family, book the upstairs which is an exceptional space and value.

tathi-aner
9/17/14

Do not use booking.com if your are looking for a company that will respect your rights as costumer. I have used booking.com for countless times and here and there would post a review of the places I stayed. As a constant traveler I rely upon checking on costumers reviews and honest opinions than just on hotel's pictures and descriptions.
My last booking was over Labor Day Weekend. I booked through booking.com the Yosemite Westgate Lodge for 2 nights. Right at checking in they wanted me to charge another $45 even thought I had the online receipt of all the total taxes and fess included. Forward to our check out date. We spent all day out at the Yosemite National Park the prior day and when we started packing morning when we started noticing multiple missing items. Then I realized that the very expensive Camera and sunglasses that I left inside my room were also gone. Turns out the housekeeper went through all my luggage selected what was the most expensive makeup there was in there and took it around $150worth +$700 sony wifi camera and a pair of $400 dolce and Gabana sunglasses of which she left the case on the floor under my bag. I filed a police report and they checked the room for any signs of forced entry and there was none! They checked the computer to see exactly which cards were used in the room during the period the we were gone and it was only the housekeeper. They hotel couldn't care less about the whole situation and acted with most rude manner. This whole situation is unacceptable!! They are fully responsible for those who they employ. I feel unjustified and angry! The manager was even capable of saying that aren't responsible for anything that's lost inside the room- wait it was stolen! They didn't say a single word of apology and still charged me the full price. Please do yourself a favor and do not stay here avoid any headaches that would ruin your family gateways like it did to mine. Terrible hotel!! Shame on you Yosemite Westgate lodge!!!

I contacted booking.com about this very serious matter and wrote my honest and truthful review. Guess what?! They never posted a single word! I called about 8 times and sent numerous emails and absolutely nothing happened! Every time they would find an excuse of time, being backed up and all sorts to not post it. Finally they said they couldn't post it. Now my question is why wouldn't they inform or try to help their costumers somehow? Answer- they couldn't care less if they are still making profits from this hotel. So don't trust all the review you read either because for probably every 10 that's written maybe 1 or 3 makes the cut!

What a shameful practice booking.com! I'll never make business with you again!

Tip for consumers: Shameful practice and poor business!

brucec32
9/16/14

I recently stayed at the Dorint Wiesbaden which I had booked through Booking.Com and it was the worst hotel I had stayed at in many years mainly due to the facilities not matching the description on the Booking.Com website. I wrote a negative but professional review however Booking.Com will not publish it and one can only assume that they only make public those that are not too critical of the businesses that use them. The Dorint, for example had a 8.3 rating which did not come close to my opinion and it now makes sense that only the more positive reviews are published.

Tip for consumers: I always used to use Booking.Com but will never touch them again, use other sites.

davidg119
9/15/14

I have been using booking.com for ages as a reliable web but now I realise that everything was a fraud. When I gave positive reviews everything was fine, but last month I had a bad experience in France and I have been ignored by them. So I wont trust any longer on the comments or reviews about the hotels, they only publishes what they like or maybe they have an agreement with the hotels in order to give them the right to block undesired (although real) experiences. Its a shame. David

Tip for consumers: Not trust on the reviews as they only publish what they want

crystalm19
9/15/14

Booking.com is a horrible website that no one should use!! We had nothing but problems due to this third party agency who is there to make the customer experience better. To start with the hotel could not locate our reservation, so much time was spent online with Booking.com customer service reps. When we checked into our "double bed" room with 3 occupants we walked into a king. Another party in our group with four adults that also needed and indicated a "double bed" room was then placed into a king. The hotel indicated that because of booking.com's website we could not get double rooms. That even though the site specifically asks what room type, the customer ultimately has no choice in which rooms they get. In a sold out hotel after a baseball game, not many accommodations could be made. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE! Spend the extra 10 dollars and book direct with your hotels. It will save you in the long run

Tip for consumers: Don't use it

viviant4
9/13/14

I just booked a hotel on their website they state Cad and US amount. If you live in Canada never book from there as the CAD amount provided is truly a US amount that will be charged to your credit card. Therefore don't bother booking there stick to Website that actually states the currency and amount that will be charged to your card not an email confirmation that indicates amount without taxes and currency.

silval
9/9/14

Terrible site. I am a renter who removed my listing from the site because they did not leave our descriptions but rewritten them so that they do not explain the property as accurately as I wish and even worse is that they do not stick to the terms and conditions from the contract so it is bad, unprofessional and unsafe to deal with them.
Stay away

Tip for consumers: Book directly or throe some other site but not throe this site, you will be disappointed and your holiday ruined.

maritzae
9/9/14

I believe that booking.com needs to better evaluate their affiliates and place a more accurate information of the same. for example, many of the hotels i booked through booking.com the facilities did not resemble the description. the fotos were embelished and the star ratings ie 4 star ratings were inaccurate. i will bevery carefull using this service in the future. in fact, many of the hotels did not live up to the Garantees made or informed by booking.com. acuracy of the information provided on the affiliates is less than 35%, therefore, not reliable. do your homework to improve client confidence.

Tip for consumers: be very carefull relying on the information provided on the hotels they report on as i was deceived on three separate ocations while traveling through Italy.

anonymouss3
9/8/14

We booked an apartment on Booking.com in Morocco for four of our wedding guests (two couples). It was the worst accommodation experience I have ever had. The man in charge of the apartment (Appartement AbouTarik – do NOT stay at this place) lied to us about everything from the start. It all started from the moment we reserved the apartment, but I'll cut out some things to keep it brief. When we arrived with our guests, Tarik said we had to pay more money than on the confirmation from Booking.com because we (according to him) only selected two people for the reservation, but four people were staying there. However, it states explicitly on our confirmation that we reserved the apartment for up to 8 people – there was never an option to select the number of people. But he wouldn't budge and refused to call the Booking.com customer service. We couldn't back out of the reservation because then Booking.com would charge us the full price (if you cancel after the 7-day grace period before the start of your reservation, you pay the full amount). We were locked in. I contacted Booking.com after the fact, but they have done nothing but support Tarik. I have been corresponding with Booking.com customer service for over three months. They initially stopped contacting me, but then offered me a refund after I contacted Consumer Affairs. However, they still have not sent me the refund. Every email I received from Booking.com was from a different person who was not familiar with my situation (half of them in French and half in English). In the end, Booking.com has done nothing but prove to me that con-men can operate on their website and Booking.com supports them instead of their customers. If you have problems with Booking.com, they will do nothing. They will give you the run around and your correspondence will never be with the same person.

ig394
9/8/14

I completely agree with comments about review posting - a negative review of mine did not get published. I contacted Customer Service to request information if something was wrong with what had been written and they didn't even care to reply to me.

bulanm
9/8/14

I've been a good customer of booking.com over the years. Almost no complaints until this summer. I have a reservation to a hotel in Rome, B&B Ajroma for 2 days in July 2014, but for some reason, i have to cancelled it because i was ill and need to seek emergency attention. The email about cancellation from booking.com clearly stated that i only need to paid the first night. I understand the risk and no problem at all, until i look on my bank account and the hotel charged me the whole bill. In the first 2 weeks after i reported, booking.com and B&B Ajroma has understand the mistake and they promised me to refund the money. I waited patiently, but after 1 month passed, there is no money transfer at all. Then i asked again. Once again, they told me to waited patiently and they also said that in the day after they will send me the proof of transfer from B&B Ajroma. After 5 days passed, no news. Then i have to asked again. And still no news until now.

The problem getting more complicated for me, because i need to back for good to my country and i need to close my bank account in France. So i need to know when they refund my money.

and i really getting my nerves, and i feel betrayed since i am a really good customer for them :(

Tip for consumers: dont get problem with the cancellation fee. pain in ass

irinak7
9/7/14

I booked a hostal in Barcelona. It was described as a hotel (separate rooms with a shower) for $100 a night for two nights. The booking came for 200 euro. Unfortunately I didn't notice right away. And now it's too late.

rayn15
9/7/14

My booking with this company was a disaster. An employee at the front desk said "you paid more than just about anyone staying here". When I called to ask for them to honor their "guarantee" I got a well rehearsed run-around. I paid close to $60.00 more than than if I had just walked in off the street.

Tip for consumers: Call the hotel first and ask for a deal...

dequazh
9/6/14

Terrible service! They didn't take care of us at all! The first hotel was dirty,so the hotel attendant gave us another room,which had drugs in it. We winded up not staying in the room at all,and instead we winded up sleeping in our car. When we called booking.com to tell them,they refused to give us our money back. Mind you,the hotel doesn't get the money until check outso when we found out what the rooms looked like,we called and reported tI,but tI wasn't nenough for them. By the way,do not go to Western Inn hotel of Pensacola,Florida!

cindym38
9/6/14

My husband and myself have use booking.com for many years. However, a recent experience made us decided not to use or recommend this hotel booking site again.
I arrived Sea-Tac airport one night in Aug. at 10:00pm. When I arrived at Ramada Inn at Sea-Tac, the front desk said she couldn't find my booking. When I show her my confirmation from booking.com, she told me that I am one of the guests that they had contacted booking.com to message me about the overbooking situation and they will not be able to accommodate me. I then called booking.com to explain my problem, and the representative "D" called the front desk immediately. However, there isn't any room available so she called me back, and told me she will try to re accommodate me at a different location with similar price. After another 20 minutes wait, she called back and told me that the closest hotel she could find is 15 miles away. "D"also explained that booking.com will pay for the price differences between the two hotels, the taxi fare and other expenses incurred by this inconvenience. Well, it was past 11:00pm at night now so I took her words and took a taxi to the other hotel. Ended up this new hotel was 35 miles away! It took the taxi almost an hour to get there in no traffic. When I arrived at the hotel, I asked the front desk if there is a less expensive way to get back to Sea-Tac the next morning so I can meet up with my husband. Since the "D" at booking.com was nice and polite on the phone, I thought I would save them some money by taking a short ride on a taxi to go to the pick up point for a shuttle to the airport. The total cost of the taxi+shuttle was $26.50 (I paid the tips myself), 1/4 of the taxi cost.
When I returned home, I scanned the taxi receipts, the shuttle charge on my credit card bill because it was an online booking, and the hotel invoice and send it to booking.com's customer service according to "D"'s email. At first, the customer service will only refund the first taxi fee so I wrote them again. The second time they sent me an email thanking them for accepting the refund and another email will give me instruction of how to get the money to my credit card. So I wrote them the third time and explain to them the whole story again. They wrote back and added $16.50 (cost of the return shuttle) on the refund. I wrote to them the fourth time and explained and attached the first email from "D" which says they will refund the hotel difference and the $10 taxi fee to connect to the shuttle. No reply after a week except the email to the site for credit card refund and a couple more to tell them my experience. I then sent them the 5th email, directly to their customer service link on their website. It's been two days now and nothing. I was given 14 days from the day that they first offered me the refund for the taxi fare to complete the refund procedure, but I am not willing to accept half of the money that had costed me for my trouble. By the way, I had one 50 lbs luggage, one hand carry and a carrying bag on this trip. Instead the 4 load and unload with the free airport shuttle, I ended up with 10 load and unloads with my belongings.
Booking.com, please give me an explanation of why you are not honoring your words.

suem42
9/5/14

Agree with other reviewers - good reviews are posted immediately negative reviews just disappear. How does this give a balanced view?

ricahrda
9/5/14

DO NOT USE WWW.BOOKING.COM they remove your reviews on any hotels if your review is negative - This site has no credibility :(

Tip for consumers: AVOID

debbiep19
9/2/14

Do not use...it is a ripoff...they do not tell you until u cancell u are going to be charged whatever they want I booked a room in Destin fl. Within 15 min.a room with ocean view came available so I changed rooms n canceled the first one received an email I was charged 178.00 for cancellation. Did receive an email the next day after I replied that it was a ripoff that I was not being charged ok thank you...but now 24 hours later and n 6 weeks before arrival date I have had to cancel because of a family situation happening the week we were going n so I cancelled so somebody else could rent the room and now I'm being charged 216.00 for this cancellation the arrival date is 6 weeks away not like its this week...in my opinion its a ripoff I have used tripadvisor...bookit....vrbo...n yes sometimes things come up we cannot control but iwill say I have never been charged a full night rate for cancelling so I gues they double there money because I know it will book again....I would not recommend this site and from the reviews I have read after I did my booking not very many happy customers lesson learned stick with who know n always read reviews first!!

Tip for consumers: Do not use booking.com!!

nickw36
9/2/14

I made a number of bookings in Europe with booking.com including one hotel in Rothenberg ..the GASTEHAUS VIKTORIA which charged me much more than what was on their own website.(do not stay there unless you like cramped little places)
When I got home, despite the fact that I could not give BOOKING.COM a printout of the lower rate, they still honoured the Guarantee and refunded me the difference in price.

Tip for consumers: Use Booking.com to book your hotels as they give you extra security with quality and prices.

evreng
9/1/14

Booked a hotel via booking.com. It was 4 stars hotel in London. My 1000 pounds, my two leather bags, my local currency all were lost in this hotel.
I had only 20 pounds in my pocket. Thanks God i had put my credit card in my travel handbag. So my credit card was not lost. All the others i was saving in my hotel room.
I had to cancel my holiday, had to buy another ticket to fly back to my country one week before . So i had to pay again for ticket.All my holiday in London was a trouble.
I had no idea how would i return to my country back, if i didnt have credit card with me. It is a big disaster.
When i told this to the workers of the hotel; they didnt do anything. They only said they were sorry. This hotel caused a big trouble but they didnt interes. I told the story to booking.com . But the person from customer service team closed the phone . I rewrote emails many times, but they wrote and showed me they were not willing to do anything for me.
I wrote my comment about the hotel, but Booking.com didnt publish it. They behaved as the lawyer of the hotel. They didnt want the other customers know the fact about the hotel. Because booking.com only accept the positive comments about the hotels.
The people choose the hotels according to this comment. So nobody will know even if this hotel is 4 stars hotel; there is no safety in this hotel. It is Rathbone hotel -London
Think twice about the hotel comments if You still want to book via booking.com which i cannot trust anymore.

Tip for consumers: THINK TWICE IF YOU WANT TO BOOK VIA BOOKING.COM!!!

barbarar28
8/30/14

Stayed at Bright Central Apartments Goswell Road London for one night in June this year. NEVER STAY THERE. The apartments were anything but bright! They were described and pictured on Booking.com Website as modern, clean and "serviced" but the apartment we stayed in was dirty and awful. I contacted Booking.com Customer Services on our return. They asked for details and pictures to support our complaint. I have sent pictures in every possible format. Booking.com don't respond. When I chase up the fact that they haven't they say they have not received my pictures and ask me to re-send them. I smell a very large rat. I will never use Booking.com again.

richardc83
8/28/14

Family inn of new Orleans on chief's highway stayed 8/21/2014 to 8/23/2014 many thanks to Joe carter Joyce Davis and their staff. These folks will bend over backward to treat you right so, let them show you southern hospitality Richard C from CHICAGO IL

mjp3
8/27/14

Booking.com does not have a customer service.

All the hundreds of complaints on this and other websites state, most of the time, that Booking.com was contacted when the problem arose AND THEN Booking.com does nothing most of the time leaving us to rant and rave on these websites and then a Booking.com posts a message for more information, info that they already have.
Why didn't they resolve the problem in the first place?

Booking rely on this shoddy customer service as most people don't have the time, energy or confidence to fight them and walk away out of pocket.

I am currently looking at my legal options but will be posting very actively my experiences.

Tip for consumers: READ THE CONTRACT.
They cover themselves for absolutely everything and screw you for absolutely everything.

bimlendus
8/27/14

Write yoWe made booking for a resort (Emarald Western Ghats Resorts) using booking.com.The company sent us a confirmation with booking no # 328592826. Our group of 10 people gathered from different parts (including from abroad).We traveled 8 hours and spend lot of money to reach there.Upon arrival the resort refused stay saying no booking is done. We called customer care of booking.com after discussion they failed to honor our booking.Then we had to again travel 8 hours to come all the way back to bangalore.The overall experience was horrible for my family and friends. Apart from financial loss we went through mental harrashment as wellur review to help others learn about this online business

Tip for consumers: Horrible. A nightmare of experience.

paulf44
8/23/14

Booked the Chateau De Siran in Siran, SW France through Booking.com for three nights and arrived at the hotel at 9 pm to discover it was not has described ( a dump) - flies, cob-webs, dirty and run down. Told the owner / manager we would checking out the next morning and we would pay for one night. Spoke to Booking.com twice on the phone to let them know we were leaving. Booking.com claimed they had no knowledge of my calls, a huge row ended up with police being called who spoke no English. I was threatened with arrest for 24 hours if I didn't pay for the entire three nights. I was travelling with my young son and had no choice but to give into the exhortation of my cash. Booking.com are not interested. Why use them if they can't provide even basic protection to their end customers from misleading hotel service providers ?

Tip for consumers: Why use them at all - book direct and save yourself a lot of trouble when things go wrong.

robertj53
8/23/14

Just booked a Hotel through booking.com and was told I would be paying in the local currency (EURO).
However I was billed in my own currency and was charged an extra 3%, on top of the quoted price, due to their made up exchange rate. Nice

After eight emails to customer services explaining the issue I gave up, My credit card company are investigating it for me.

shellam
8/21/14

I run my own guest house in the highlands of Scotland, and I was delighted when book com asked me if u would sign up with them...on numerous occasions Ive had double bookings, eg, 2,single rooms , and 3 people through booking dot com have booked them, so when I explained to BDC I don't have 3 single rooms , they said it was my fault and asked if I had arranged alternative accommodation and whatever the cost was they would take their cut, this left me out of pocket for their mistake. They will never admit to being in the wrong and won't entertain any complaint. Nor do they pay uk corporation tax. This is not a company I would recommend.

rickd27
8/20/14

I have been using Booking.com for a number of years with generally good results. The navigation between hotel details and the map view could be better and they could do a better job of targeting my results to room quotes of available rooms and the number of travelers I specify. If I search based on 2 people don't give me quotes for 1 person.

I made the unfortunate recent discovery that Booking.com is not being 100% honest when it comes to reviews. I recently posted a less than favorable review about a stay at the Novotel Hotel at Paris CDG and now, 6 weeks later, my review is nowhere to be found on Booking.com. That in itself is not a big deal but how can I NOT question the reviews and ratings I see on Booking.com. Do certain hotels buy favorable treatment?

1 Photos for Booking.com