US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

frankm64

We stayed in Hotel Sentral in KL Malaysia about a week ago. (in 228 reviews)

bobs85

Great site that is very customer service oriented. (in 68 reviews)

tb37

I recently needed to change my credit card information with booking.com. (in 52 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

phill327
11/25/14

Have been using booking.com for many, many years. I have never had a problem with their web site. I always compare their price with the hotels price. I find the hotel descriptions and amenities are generally the same. Also the extra information that booking.com provides has certainly been a help. So far so good and hope that it continues that way.

Tip for consumers: Always do your homework. Once you check the information on the booking.com web site I always check the information on the hotel's web site, if the price is the same and policy is the same than I book directly with the hotel. Many hotel's do not have a web site of their own and that is when booking.com comes in most handy. No problems ever.

princem17
11/24/14

This is a website for booking hotels online. I am writing this review after they put up my rating while strangling my review of the place they trapped me into booking. The problem is, the line between salesmanship and con-art is absent with this business. When I tried to book a hotel online, they showed one particular place as the cheapest option, and that there was only one room left. Once I booked, there was still one room left at the same price. When I made he trip I realized it was the crappiest possibile place to stay and other reviews confirmed that.
There was still one room left at the same price on the website!

The booking site is crappier than the place, because while the website would not allow me to change the booking without paying a large amount, the receptionist told me that it should not be a problem to change it as long as the booking agent was fine with it.

A few days after I checked out, they sent me a mail for review and today I got a confirmation that my review was published. I go to the review site and realize that they have erased the contents of my review and put "There are no comments available for this review", which confirms that their business tends more towards conning.

Tip for consumers: this site may be useful for getting the addresses of the possible places but by all means avoid booking through this site and go directly to the website of the places you have chosen.

jeannetteb2
11/23/14

This is the worst site I have ever used. I will never recommend it. I made a reservation, use the website to cancel it and it wasn't cancel according to the customer service representative. The strange thing is that when I look the cancelation online it says that I could make the reservation again (meaning it was canceled) I call customer service and told them about this and the lady said that their system didn't have the cancelation, that she was going to send me a link so I can send them the page where it says that I could make the reservation again. I used the same link 5 minutes later and know the page said that I never arrive at the hotel. This is a ripoff. I will never recommend this website, and I will make sure that every person I know will know how this company works. You earn 84 dollar, but I will make sure you lose more business than that stupid 84 dollars you made. This is the first time and the last time I will use this website.

Tip for consumers: Dont use it at all.

elenas20
11/22/14

The hotel has charged us more than was confirmed in our reservation through booking.com. While we stayed in the hotel the boking.com assured us that we should just take the payment invoice from the hotel and then they will reimburse us the difference. We sent the invoice to booking, and now they are saying that the hotel has charged us the OFFICIAL RATES and that they cannot do anything. Seriously? then everything written on booking.com is just a bull$#*! and you can just go the hotel and get a rack rate. Never ever use the again. Lots of friends around with booking.com (double charge, problematic cancellation even though rate is fully refundable, etc).

pauletteh4
11/19/14

Watch the small print. Tried to cancel my hotel reservations 24 hours in advance, as per hotel policy. However, hotel told me since I booked through booking.com I had to cancel through them but it would be "no problem" since I was canceling more than 24 hours ahead. Well, lo and behold booking.com had no options but to cancel electronically and they charged me the full cost of all four rooms booked because I didn't cancel 48 hours in advance. I attempted to call the customer service phone number listed but the call kept dropping and I could get no help. Moral of the story, I won't book through them again. Had I noticed they were out of the US I wouldn't have done business with them to start with.

Tip for consumers: Tip, don't use booking.com.

charlesc54
11/18/14

I put one star only because there's no option of 0 stars! Anyway, I was in some Canadian city and I had to stay the night there and head back to my city the following morning.
1. I booked my room at round 9pm and received confirmation email of the same.
2. arrived at the hotel around 12:15 am, with my wife and the two kids sleeping in the car
3. was told there's no booking under my name and the hotel was already sold out
4. called booking.com from the hotel and was told they would contact the hotel, to verify, and if it's true, what I said, it's the hotel's mistake but they would find me a hotel nearby.
5. after at least an hour and half they found me a hotel, and the truth I had already decided to drive the night to my city.
6. I told them they should accommodate me for free now since damage's already done but they say I can request this after my stay at the new hotel.
7. I felt insulted and followed through with my decision to head back to my city, which is 3 hours drive.
LESSON LEARNED. Stay away from booking.com

zaklinag
11/18/14

In october I made reservation in hotel Mirabeau,Bellagio Como lake. from 21.06 to 23.06.2015.It was free cancellation room before june 2015. I got confirmation booking number is 198415742.Later we noticed that the whole price of reservation was charged from credit card and contact the customer care service,send them bank statement..We spoke with the owner of the hotel who told us that he recharged the money and booking com. should refund us.Several e-mails send to customer relation service by they don't reply to us any more like we didn't exist

lynnp26
11/17/14

Don't go there booked.a.hotel through them and ended up in a dump.in another part of the city.this was in September have sent numerous emails.with.photos attached but keep getting told.they haven't received the pics!!, amazing when I've sent the email to 3 different people anf they didn't have a problem receiving it!, disgusting company and customer service. What was supposed to be a surprise birthday present for my fiance turned into our worse nightmare

Tip for consumers: Don't use these people

huseyink
11/17/14

Booking.com absolutely is not functional anymore. I'm genius customer and I am making near 4 reservations for month however last week I booked hotel in Baku they say they are overbooked and booking did not help us to solve this problem, we spoke with hotel and try to stay there. And two days ago again I did reservation in Chisinau again hotel was overbooked and I call to customer service 6 times to solve this problem. (They have just international customer service number so you have to pay 2 euro for each minute) They even did not help again. They offer awful hotels which is not in center. Again I found another hotel and stay there.

yvettel3
11/17/14

I used booking.com for my trip to Israel in November of 2014 and i should have checked tfull review of this site before using them. I booked a double room through them at En Gedi kibbutz and their description of the room booked was not what i say when i got there. They stated that i would be getting a room with a seating are over looking a garden but i got a jail cell box. Please see first two pics. For my stay in Jerusalem they said that i would get room with a mini bar and a fridge but all i got was a room with two single beds and a tv. Attempts made to contact them proved futile see third photo. Clearly there is no mini bar or fridge.

Tip for consumers: DON'T use your real credit card;instead use a disposable one that way if there's no money on it they can't charge excess. Use the site to view but call the hotels or Google their name and book through them

kimb386
11/16/14

I just went on a trip and used Booking for some of the rooms. Once home I am being charged for rooms where I did indeed stay as booked. They are saying I did not stay there. I have provided time date stamped pictures inside the room, and much more info. Nope not good enough. In reply to the email telling them I paid cash as requested by the hotel (It was in Mexico) they asked again for a CC receipt.. Don't do it, use another site. This is a scam.

Tip for consumers: My tip to using this site is DON"T!! If you do keep every receipt, as they will settle for nothing else and I am not sure that would even work, I have read where it won't.

juanitad3
11/14/14

I recently used booking.com to reserve 6 nights at what they referred to as a hotel on their website. It was actually a condo and booking.com gave the condo apartment owner my confidential credit card information. Although a one night's deposit was not charged to my credit card, as per the information on the website, I noticed the listing was removed from booking.com. I called to ask why and they said the lister chose not to deal with booking.com any longer. Seeing there were no reviews for this property, I asked if anyone had stayed at this property to date, to which they replied no. Then I asked if my reservation was still good and they said yes and told me other people also had future reservations for this place. I became suspicious and decided to cancel. A few days later I called my credit card company to make sure no deposit went through and to my surprise they informed me there was a fraudulent charge for over $300 for a Target purchase from New York. Guess where the booking.com listing I cancelled was for-- New York!!! It appears because booking.com gave my personal credit card info to the person who had listed their condo unit, this person was able to use it to make a purchase!!! The property was Laguna in New Jersey. Is there anyone else out there who had this experience and if so can you write about it here as well. Thanks

ayshaz
11/13/14

Worst site ever...cheaters. Dont trust this website. They actually dont give you any discounts. I recently booked a hotel in dubai thinking that booking.com discounted price was lesser than the hotel rate but when i went to the hotel i found out that hotel rates including breakfast was more cheaper than the rate i had paid for booking.coim which didnt even include breakfast nor any free cancellation policy whereas booking directly at the hotels is much more cheaper and can be cancelled any time and free upgrades too. I even checked at many hotels with their rates and they were actually more cheaper than booking.com. So dear all please book your hotel rooms directly instead going through booking.com. I will never ever book through this rubbish fake site. I wil make awareness of my experiences with booking.com to the entire world throughinternet, newspapers, magazines and word of mout. Pls share this message with all u love so that they wlnt be cheated too like how i was.
Thanks.
For any proofs please email me on aysha.zer077@gmail.com
Thanks

elizabethm64
11/10/14

Booked apt with booking.com cancelled within 24hrs and have had nothing but hassle trying to get my refund apts say they never charged my account but they took £356.96 the day after it was booked and are still saying they didnt booking.com are a nitemare to deal with you get cut off or put on hold and no one helps i have sent all the proof to them that they asked for
confirmation of it showing on my credit card statement email from paypal that it was paid and all i get is wait another few days money has been out my account since 23rd oct this is now 10th nov and still nothing i have never had such a terrible experience with a company before an would never go near them again so be warned

toms131
11/6/14

I booked a hotel (Gasthof 't Zweerd in Ypres) via Booking.com

It turned out that the hotel was not as described on the Booking.com website (dirty, smelly and damp). Obviously I had no choice but to find another hotel and so agreed with the manager that we would not stay.

On return to the UK I discover that the hotel had taken monies from my bank card (because booking.com had given the details to them).

Booking.com have completely failed to safeguard my family from an unscrupulous hotel that not only isn't as it describes on its site but has stolen money from me.

Avoid this company if you value support and online safety.

Tip for consumers: Be aware that Booking.com give your credit card details to the hotel directly! And that if anything goes wrong Booking.com will not help you.

samanthal24
11/5/14

Terrible. Booked a hotel for 4 nights for November. Cancelled 24 hours later. Received cancellation note. 6 days later they took my deposit money. Despite my complaints they have not returned it although full refundable as they cannot find the booking. Even though they have all details, emails, names, dates I just cannot find the reservation number. They have had my money for 5 weeks. Never again. Still waiting for the money back.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

maureena4
11/5/14

We have booked our hotel last Oct 31,2014 at Toyoko Inn Tokyo Shinagawa-eki Konan-guchi Tennozu, and we cancelled it today Nov 05,2014, for how many days can i expect the reversal of the charges to my credit card. Your soonest reply will be highly appreciated.

Maureen Ablaza
Booking Date: Jan 22-25,2015 for 1 family room.

despinat
11/4/14

I made a reservation for 9 nights at the hotel Apart'Observatoire Saint Jean in Lyon through booking.com.
On the website the apartment seemed to be for 4 people . I booked and paid 290 euros as a down payment by PayPal (I received a paypal invoice from the hotel) and then when I received the confirmation I found out it was for 2 people. When I called the hotel they told me this price is for 2 people and any extra person is 30 Euros per night. I told both - booking.com and the hotel that I can't afford it, it was not clear on the website and I want my money back (more than a week before the dates of checking in and the next day I paid.
Both, the hotel and booking refused to refund me. This is a scam and I want my money back.
Despina Tunberg

Tip for consumers: Avoid this website. You can loose your money as I did. I will NEVER use them again

sb97
11/4/14

Booking.com are amazing. During a stay in Thailand, our hotel had an emergency close down of their pool. Booking.com made the process so easy. Not only were we upgraded to a 5 star hotel, they also called during our stay to make sure we were happy and also have us a gift of 2 x hour massages at our hotel spa (which aren't cheap). Thank you to the staff @ booking.com

evgeniag1
10/31/14

Almost always dissapointment with this website!
The main negative point is that when you book a hotel with them they give your card details directly to the hotel. So the have it printed at the hotel in their files. Is not the safest way. Hotel can do with your card whatever they will want, and then to solve the problem you have to live the hell!
TExactly this situation happened to me now. And probably is the last time I book anything with that site. There are other sites, that dont give your card details to hotels, so if problem happenes, it is more easy to solve it. With booking.com you will solve it forever. Geting mails from their employees, that write like robots, but not humans and only ask and ask more and more details.
I booked a hotel in China, Shanghai. Reservation was non-refundable. So they charged my card, that is ok. BUT thats not all, they also blocked the same amount of money on my account. Price was 280 Euros approx. So, they took 280 and MORE 280 they just blocked. A booking.com employee was explaining that they first block money and than they charge from this block. So he said me to wait couple days. I was waiting for more than a week, nothing was unblocked. Totaly it is 10 days i have 280 euros just blocked on my account, that i cant use.
Booking.com now wants from me million documents, my account balance. I sent it. BUT its not enought! It must be in currence of the hotel. But how?????? I have czech crouns and I was charged in czech crouns too. So i think i will long have this money blocked still..... Thanks to booking.com!!!

Tip for consumers: use another websites if you dont want hotels to play with your card. and if you want to safe time from solving problems and sending booking.com documents that you hardly can get, to prove that you are not the idiot!

christinau1
10/28/14

I used booking.com to make a reservation at Comfort Inn Gaslamp San Diego, and a day later I had to cancel it. I clearly remember clicking on the link to cancel the rooms, stepping through the transaction, and hitting the final 'confirm' button. After my trip, I noticed that Comfort Inn charged my rooms to my credit card, even though I had cancelled my stay and had not used the rooms. When I called in, booking.com claimed I had never cancelled, and in fact, the hotel had informed them that I apparently called at 5am on the day I was supposed to check in to say I would be a day late. I never called the Comfort Inn. My guests never called the Comfort Inn. We were in the air with our cell phones off when this suspicious call came in. The hotel could not give them a name or a number of the person that called, nor were they willing to admit someone had written the note under the wrong reservation. After calling me a liar repeatedly, both the Comfort Inn and Booking.com refused to refund me the full amount. According to them, that call meant I had never cancelled, so I was charged $470 for the rooms.

-Update: After this review, I was contacted by Booking.com. They reopened my case, but were ineffectual as negotiators. I supplied call records and flight itineraries proving that I never made the call to the hotel, but the hotel refused to provide a refund, claiming I forged everything.

Tip for consumers: There are many websites like it. Choose another.

francesb26
10/27/14

Booked in to this filthy hotel on sat could not have slept in the allocated room it was disgusting iv never smelt anything like it asked for money returned was meet with a very abrupt receptionist/manager 3 star I wouldn't give it 1 waiting on Booking.com to answer why this slum is on there web site

Tip for consumers: Beware do not book this

shellyc19
10/22/14

My partner and I booked our hotel room in Kandi, Sri Lanka, from the capital, Columbo, via booking.com yesterday morning.

When we arrived at the hotel last night we were presented with a bill for approximately double the confirmed price. Naturally we questioned this and were told to take up the matter with booking.com.

Upon calling them the agent was rather unhelpful up until the point I sent him an image of the confirmation page we received after making the booking, when he became extremely so and rather rude.

We booked our rooms in "Rs" and received a confirmation also in "Rs". After seeing the confirmation page the agent put me on hold to talk with his supervisor, and after several minutes returned telling me he'd resolved the problem. The "Rs" mentioned were Indian rupees which are of a higher value than Sri Lankan rupees. He went on to say that we must have chosen this denomination. We did not.

He went on to explain in a brusk manner that on their website they use "LKR" to denote Sri Lankan rupees and "Rs." to denote Indian rupees, so if you understand this there would have been no confusion. However, when you go to currency conversion websites, Indian rupees are never indicated in this way, rather they are denoted by "INR".

The agent went on to explain in a patronizing way that many countries use dollars as a currency, so the type of dollar must be specified, which I accept but if you're going to do this you can't just make up your own system of codes and expect the rest of the world to understand it!

Also, if you're in the US, Australia or Hong Kong, where the dollar is used, it is assumed you mean the local currency and not one or the same name but of a higher value. That's called fraud.

The agent said on more than one occasion that he was "perfectly capable of handling" the matter on his own. Clearly this was not the case and even his and his supervisor's efforts were deficient in resolving this simple issue.

You may have a reasonable experience booking through these people, but if, like us, you want to simplify your holiday and take things at face value, go to another site or better yet, book directly with the hotel.

I will never use this company again and will take great pleasure in advising others to do the same!

gordons23
10/20/14

I booked a room for an adult and child (my daughter) on the bking.com website. It came up with Sidney Hotel SW1
We arrived to be told the room was for me only- no child. The attitude of the hotel was appalling . It was the only room available and they said right there and then "you can stay but not your daughter" !!! Yes unbelievable! or we would have to find another hotel. After much fuss I said okay can you refund me and I'll try somewhere else. They refused. Phoned Bking.com and they tried to get me a refund. Two of the agents said they (Bking.com.) had many problems with their own website recently and they sympathised with me and confirmed the terrible attitude of the Sidney Hotel. One of them admitting the hotel could'nt do much about it regs rules etc. Clearly the booking made at the Bking.com website had mutated to a single person when it went through to the Sidney hotel.We left and after much trauma and walking around we found another hotel. Tonight 20/10/14 I asked bking ,com to get me a refund on this A very unsympathetic agent said he thought I had booked the wrong room and that was that. I pointed out that on this website (Booking.com) you can make the search RIGHT NOW for an adult and a child it it still NOW comes up with that hotel as a possible option room for an adult and child...Never again. I do book often for many people and everybody I know will now never book through them ... they'll lose more than the £85 I did. Unbelievable

borisv2
10/18/14

DO NOT USE THEM. BUT IF YOU DO, CALL HOTEL OR AIRLINE TO CONFIRM YOUR RESERVATION.
Got reservation confirmation 3 days prior to my business meeting. When I got To The hotel, They DID NOT Have ME Listed At all.
We drove for 8 hours to the destination. No rooms within 40 miles. Hotel clerk told me that it is very common with both Expedia and Booking.com not to inform hotels. They offered to reimburse me for gas driving 40 miles each way every day AS LONG AS I PRO I DE THE WITH GPS RECEIPTS IN TIMELY FASHION. Crazy....

Tip for consumers: Do not use them

job126
10/17/14

The email with the price I reserved is lower than the price I am being charged by the hotel. The customer service rep said that the reservation they sent to me doesn't reflect all of the taxes. As I was talking with the customer service rep, he repeatedly interrupted me.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site.

ronaldf10
10/13/14

So so bad made a booking with them on the strength of the pictures and info online by them only to get to the place check in and find the rooms to Be Not As Described And not fit to use I contacted booking.com and thay told me it was the hotel at fault but the hotel told me it was booking.coms error last time I looked it was the seller's responsibility to confirm the info not the consumer don't do it stay clear!!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't do it read the other posts stay away or ring the hotel yourself!!!!!!!

pauliner5
10/11/14

Absolute he'll, worst experience I have ever had. Staff made huge mistakes with change of booking even when we rang them direct. I will never use them again and they should be taken of the booking sites. So stressful, they obviously don't care as there is a huge number of
Complaints Already!

davidn45
10/9/14

I am so relieved that I have just taken our hotel off the booking.com site. I have never had so many problems and have had to deal with so many arrogant and useless people.

This organisation takes 15% on the hotels income (or their portion of it) but does nothing to resolve problems and is actually usually the cause of the problem. WE have a great reputation rated 5 out of 5 on tripadvisor etc but feel working with booking.com will tarnish this and be detremental to our long term success. I dont want to be dealing with problems due to lack of information, up to 18% cancellations and the resultant disputes. We want people to stay and enjoy themselves not be in disputes with them.

Goodbye booking.com, it really wasnt nice meeting you

Tip for consumers: Book direct, you will often get a better price, upgrades, freebies as the hotel will see you as their customer.

rachelg22
10/7/14

DISGUSTED with this company. I am an apartment owner and it was nothing but terrible service from the first booking, which was a scam booking, although they still tried to charge me commission. Terminated my agreement with them but said I would honour any bookings already made so long as clients paid in full. One cancelled - Booking.com still trying to charge commission. When there was a problem with an apartment their customer service was awful, and just got some woman shouting down the phone at me. Yet they are not meant to interfere the booking is between myself and the guest. Offered guests a partial refund, even though they threatened my property manager, and yet Booking.com took it upon themselves to give said client a full refund and then try and charge me for this plus commission.

Tip for consumers: DON'T

amandac32
10/6/14

EXCEPTIONAL home from home experience!!..My husband and I stayed in Kalyves, Crete in the most amazing accomodation - DIMITRA apartments and Studios.This was the most wonderful warm , comfortable, clean and homely place anyone could EVER stay in.Dimitra is a bubbly, vivacious, caring host who has charmingly created a beautiful,spacious, refined apartment to stay in.Not one thing was missing.WE not only enjoyed our stay, but made new friends.I shall most definitly recommend her glowingly to everyone who wants to stay in Kalyves, or the surrounds.Its a special experience.

Tip for consumers: Room 5 is with great view, little seating area with books in the front part of the apartment,seaview is spectacular and easy access to the pool.

marcor17
10/6/14

Simple, intuitive and flexible: in most of the cases you don't have to pay at the time of booking
Maybe for this reason Booking is the site number one when you are looking for an accomodation wherever in the world
Maybe the could improve the map because sometimes it doesn't work properly...

laurad40
10/5/14

Very disappointed in Booking.com, will not use again and recommend you don't either. My daughter booked a weekend in Stockholm. Then Air France went on strike and it was impossible for her to get there. Apparently this doesn't matter, the situation becomes a great way for Booking.com to take your money! The hotel said they weren't able to refund since the reservation was through Booking.com and Booking .com refused to refund the money. A 20 year old learned early not to use this service. Shame on you Booking.com, hope you enjoyed the money, you wont be getting any more from this family!

olgai4
10/3/14

I was shocked. Many times I booked hotels with booking.com and everything was ok. Until recent case. I booked a hotel again, booking.com confirmed that the room is booked, but a few days later I got an email that the booking is canceled!
I was lucky that I didn't miss this email. Because when after that I started to reed reviews and found that the situation is very typical! People who missed such an email often arrives to hotels after confirmation from booking.com and they don't have a room! I understood how lucky I was that I didn't miss the email. I understand, everything can happen, but they could at least call! Not just send an email!

Well, then it became even worse. I called booking.com and asked what happened! The person I talked to, Artur Skornikov, was extremely rude, then I asked him how can I talked to his manager, he replied that he has no manager, he is the main manager I can talked to, then he said that he has no interest in talking to me any longer and hanged up!! I see now, this is a typical booking.com reaction to any client problem!

What I would like to do now.
1. Find manager of Artur Skornikov and ensure that he receives adequate discipline action
2. Find a way how to get compensation from booking.com for such totally unacceptable behavior.

I would highly appreciate any advise how can I achieve these goals.

Tip for consumers: Never use it! Find hotel web site and book directly!
I will never ever book anything using booking.com.

jok22
10/3/14

Very unimpressed with booking.com. I booked 2 rooms at a hotel in Eastbourne 6 weeks in advance of the date. At 8pm the evening before we were due to go I got an email saying that the hotel was over subscribed so we had no rooms. They offered alternative rooms which were £88 more. They did offer to pay the difference but having already paid in full for the first booking, I then had to paying full for second one too. They then needed proof from me for all payments even though it all went through them, before they would refund. Very unimpressed,wdon't be recommending them or using them again. Avoid at all costs.

laural38
10/2/14

I have been faithfully using booking.com for the last 5 years to make all my hotel bookings. But I had a terrible experience with them, and will NEVER be using them again. I had made a booking for a hotel in Salzburg through them back in July. However the owner offered me a better rate than booking.com so I then proceeded to cancel my booking with booking.com. The owner of this hotel informed me that all transactions were to be done in cash, so I did not have to provide any credit card information for the reservation. However much to my surprise when I had to cancel with her due to a family illness 3 weeks after I had cancelled my booking.com reservation, she accessed the credit card information I had provided to booking.com 1.5 months ago and charged me a 200$ late fee! And what did booking.com do to help me, as I insisted that my privacy had been violated as she accessed personal information I never provided to her but rather had provided to booking.com, that should have been completely unaccessible to her after my cancellation with booking.com, they told me I was lying and that I had provided this credit card information to the owner. With a futile email exchange with them over 1 month to try to rectify the situation, not a single thing was done to help me. PLEASE AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS AT THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

Tip for consumers: AVOID- go with hotels.com

cristinac11
10/1/14

I would give this website a minus if I could. They use false advertisement, are not organised and have no basic information about the hotel they book for. I made a booking for the Blakehouse Hyde Park Hotel in London, but then cancelled it a few hours later. At the booking stages I was assured that the card will not be charged for this booking and we will only pay when we stay at the hotel itself. However I was shocked to find out I WAS CHARGED!!!!!!! Even though we cancelled the booking and did not stay there. Neither booking.com nor the hotel took responsibility for that charge and I could not get my money back which was a hefty sum of £244 for one night!!! I had to contact my bank to try and solve this.
WEBSITE IS ONLY A THIRD PARTY! HAS NO POWER AND CLUE OVER THE BOOKINGS MADE. PLEASE LOOK AT THE HOTEL'S CANCELLATION POLICY BEFORE YOU BOOK because there is no information like that on the booking.com website. WILL NEVER USE THIS AGAIN!

Tip for consumers: check the website for the hotel for information on cancellation as booking.com does not offer this information.
The website also has no power over the booking so refunds have to be obtained from the hotel itself ( while the hotel itself sends you to booking.com so it goes back and forth..... !!!!

alanw25
10/1/14

Unfortunaly you have to leave a star its a shame you cant put minus.
Me and my wife book the prince of wales in southport for our 30th wedding anniversary through booking.com.
I was descusted at the fact when we got there we had a standard room when paying for a executive room. we got the executive room the next day but thats not the point i will never go with this company again.

Tip for consumers: dont go throuth booking. Com go to the hotel itself they have just as much as a deal then all these companys

joyced8
9/29/14

Don't use booking.com they are unorganized, dishonest and rude. The lodge we stayed at was great but working with booking.com was a terrible experience.

frankm64
9/27/14

We have used Booking.com on many occasions. We travelled to over 35 countries and we are pretty fair in our reviews as we're an elderly couple. I am also a very senior contributor for Trip Advisor.
We stayed in Hotel Sentral in KL Malaysia about a week ago. Prior to that we had a fantastic 12 days in Subang Jaya ( 4 nights at Grand Dorsett ), 4 nights in White Lodge Langkawi, 4 nights in Noordin Mews Penang. We only picked Hotel Sentral because of it's proximity to K
L Sentral. After the first night my wife was bitten by something and she was breaking out in rashes. I went to a Chemist nearby and explained the symptoms and he got me the medication from 1 spot in the front of the counter for bed bug bites. The location of the hotel is good and so are the staff. Breakfast was also OK but who would like to be bitten by bed bugs while on holiday. My wife wrote an honest review but Booking.com did not publish it. Even the Hotel Management apologized to my wife but not Booking.com. I would advise people to desert them in droves. They are dishonest. I read a review on Agoda where a customer complained about the same problem and got a refund. I would strongly recommend people who are travelling not to use Booking.com and also Sentral Hotel. After 10 days my wife has still not recovered.

Tip for consumers: Be careful when you give Booking.com your credit card details. You can read on this website that someone's had their details stolen in Germany. I'll rate them a big ZERO.

zinniaj
9/26/14

My complaint is about 1) truth in advertising, and 2) why we were not allowed to review the B&B in question through Booking.com

1) My husband and I, and another couple, booked a B&B through Booking.com which turned out to be a disaster. How does Booking.com check up on small, private outfits who offer such intimate accommodations as a B&B in a private residence? We booked these two rooms based on reviews and professional photos left on Booking's website. However, that could not have been more misleading. Does anyone ever go out to check on these places?

2) When I tried to review this establishment on Booking's website, I found that it was no longer on my list of bookings. It had been taken down because, I supposed, we never got to stay. However there is a reason we did not stay, and that is what I would like to report.

We had a disturbing encounter with the Inn's proprietor, who threw us off the property, leaving us stranded in the middle of a country road. We phoned our friends (who were on the road and had not yet arrived) to warn them to stay away and meet us in town because we needed a plan B. After some phone calls to Booking.com explaining our situation, Booking did not charge us for the room, but our friends were charge because according to the Innkeeper "the friend did not show up to see for himself". This is most bizarre. Our friends booked the room on our recommendation which was based on Booking's review. If Booking accepted our explanation and did not charge us for the room, why charge our friends? Did they have to drive all the way out there to see what we saw, and be subjected to the same treatment we were subjected too?

I would like to state that we have nothing to gain by discrediting this or any other outfit. We have traveled quite a bit and stayed at some very nice places, others not so nice, but we have never felt threatened in this way. In hindsight, we should have called the authorities.

williamp54
9/26/14

I am a bit frustrated with booking.com recently as I have been using it for years but last year after booking some German hotels my card details were stolen the next day and used on a bunch of German transactions which resulted in me having to cancel the card.
I just think the way they hand over the card details doesnt protect the customers from fraud.

Despite this I went back to booking.com and gave it another go but had two bad experiences with hotels and I wrote a genuine albeit negative review based on my experience, but it is yet to be processed which makes me suspicious of their tactic to filter out bad reviews because essentially a bad review could result in them losing a commission.
If they can't handle the reality of honest reviews then they shouldn't advertise their website on the ethos of it being genuine reviews by real people...because its edited to suit their own agenda.

evana10
9/26/14

Booked a room for Today the 26th of September, during the finalization online it changed my room to last friday the 19th of September. Now they will not do anything to help me, I dont want a refund just want a place to stay for the night before my wedding. As a business owner this is the most ridiculous customer service I have ever heard of.

Tip for consumers: Dont use this website

davidc166
9/25/14

First few times I used them I thought they were fantastic. Straight forward OK cheap accommodation. Then latest dealings terrible. If you need to change, cancel enquire or check something its impossible.
Ended up in terrible accommodation, cancelled just inside the cancellation period still been charged and no refund.
Not worth the effort. Saved about £20 on my successful stays. Lost about £90 in clerical errors and no 'customer service' to deal with problems.

Tip for consumers: Don't use if the slightest possibility you may have to change or cancel your booking. They will get some money from you somehow.

juliet69
9/18/14

We recently travelled in County Donegal in Ireland and for two nights landed at the Inishfree Bed and Breakfast just outside of Culdaff, County Donegal, Ireland. www.inishfreebedandbreakfast.com The entire tour around the Wild Atlantic Way, that is around the Inishowen 100 meter drive is beautiful, mysterious and unlike any area in which I've ever been, even in Ireland. The B&B is a real oasis, outside of a small town near the North East Coast, and unprepossessing at first glance, but beautifully well done with a library, home grown vegetables, quiet rooms done up with a lot of detail toward the comfort of the guests. We used it as a base to explore and there were even unexcavated stone circles within walking distance developed by prehistoric civilizations. The folks that run it love the area and taking care of weary travelers. A real find.

Tip for consumers: If you are a family, book the upstairs which is an exceptional space and value.

tathi-aner
9/17/14

Do not use booking.com if your are looking for a company that will respect your rights as costumer. I have used booking.com for countless times and here and there would post a review of the places I stayed. As a constant traveler I rely upon checking on costumers reviews and honest opinions than just on hotel's pictures and descriptions.
My last booking was over Labor Day Weekend. I booked through booking.com the Yosemite Westgate Lodge for 2 nights. Right at checking in they wanted me to charge another $45 even thought I had the online receipt of all the total taxes and fess included. Forward to our check out date. We spent all day out at the Yosemite National Park the prior day and when we started packing morning when we started noticing multiple missing items. Then I realized that the very expensive Camera and sunglasses that I left inside my room were also gone. Turns out the housekeeper went through all my luggage selected what was the most expensive makeup there was in there and took it around $150worth +$700 sony wifi camera and a pair of $400 dolce and Gabana sunglasses of which she left the case on the floor under my bag. I filed a police report and they checked the room for any signs of forced entry and there was none! They checked the computer to see exactly which cards were used in the room during the period the we were gone and it was only the housekeeper. They hotel couldn't care less about the whole situation and acted with most rude manner. This whole situation is unacceptable!! They are fully responsible for those who they employ. I feel unjustified and angry! The manager was even capable of saying that aren't responsible for anything that's lost inside the room- wait it was stolen! They didn't say a single word of apology and still charged me the full price. Please do yourself a favor and do not stay here avoid any headaches that would ruin your family gateways like it did to mine. Terrible hotel!! Shame on you Yosemite Westgate lodge!!!

I contacted booking.com about this very serious matter and wrote my honest and truthful review. Guess what?! They never posted a single word! I called about 8 times and sent numerous emails and absolutely nothing happened! Every time they would find an excuse of time, being backed up and all sorts to not post it. Finally they said they couldn't post it. Now my question is why wouldn't they inform or try to help their costumers somehow? Answer- they couldn't care less if they are still making profits from this hotel. So don't trust all the review you read either because for probably every 10 that's written maybe 1 or 3 makes the cut!

What a shameful practice booking.com! I'll never make business with you again!

Tip for consumers: Shameful practice and poor business!

brucec32
9/16/14

I recently stayed at the Dorint Wiesbaden which I had booked through Booking.Com and it was the worst hotel I had stayed at in many years mainly due to the facilities not matching the description on the Booking.Com website. I wrote a negative but professional review however Booking.Com will not publish it and one can only assume that they only make public those that are not too critical of the businesses that use them. The Dorint, for example had a 8.3 rating which did not come close to my opinion and it now makes sense that only the more positive reviews are published.

Tip for consumers: I always used to use Booking.Com but will never touch them again, use other sites.

davidg119
9/15/14

I have been using booking.com for ages as a reliable web but now I realise that everything was a fraud. When I gave positive reviews everything was fine, but last month I had a bad experience in France and I have been ignored by them. So I wont trust any longer on the comments or reviews about the hotels, they only publishes what they like or maybe they have an agreement with the hotels in order to give them the right to block undesired (although real) experiences. Its a shame. David

Tip for consumers: Not trust on the reviews as they only publish what they want

crystalm19
9/15/14

Booking.com is a horrible website that no one should use!! We had nothing but problems due to this third party agency who is there to make the customer experience better. To start with the hotel could not locate our reservation, so much time was spent online with Booking.com customer service reps. When we checked into our "double bed" room with 3 occupants we walked into a king. Another party in our group with four adults that also needed and indicated a "double bed" room was then placed into a king. The hotel indicated that because of booking.com's website we could not get double rooms. That even though the site specifically asks what room type, the customer ultimately has no choice in which rooms they get. In a sold out hotel after a baseball game, not many accommodations could be made. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE! Spend the extra 10 dollars and book direct with your hotels. It will save you in the long run

Tip for consumers: Don't use it

viviant4
9/13/14

I just booked a hotel on their website they state Cad and US amount. If you live in Canada never book from there as the CAD amount provided is truly a US amount that will be charged to your credit card. Therefore don't bother booking there stick to Website that actually states the currency and amount that will be charged to your card not an email confirmation that indicates amount without taxes and currency.

7 Photos for Booking.com