US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

frankm64

We stayed in Hotel Sentral in KL Malaysia about a week ago. (in 273 reviews)

bobs85

Great site that is very customer service oriented. (in 80 reviews)

jackies35

I entered my credit card number because one always has to do that while reserving a hotel. (in 63 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

tonys83
4/19/15

If your reservation is for an important event in a location where the hotel might fill up, the hotel may ignore your booking.com request and take a full price patron. Booking.com has no contractual agreement with hotels and can only offer to look for another hotel. If your hotel is full, it is likely the others in the area will be as well requiring you to stay at a higher priced hotel far from your desired location.

tonys82
4/18/15

in a nutshell, i booked a hotel through booking.com in goa india, the full amount of the booking was taken, i queried this with booking.com but received no answer, when we arrived we found out that the hotel had been taken over and there was no record of our booking. obviously we had to go elsewhere at more cost. on our return we requested a refund from booking.com due to the hotel changing hands and not having our accommodation, after months of emails from me to them but hardly nothing in return i decided to ring them to find out what was happening, the customer service (if you can call it that) lady who i spoke to hung up on me after i told her i could not produce a statement going back to april 2014, i suppose i could of requested one from the bank which would of charged me but booking.com would not guarantee they would refund the cost of that let alone the original cost.

julianec
4/15/15

I booked accommodation in Europe for myself and nine work colleagues. I collected the money for a deposit on a chalet and flights, €5,000 in total. I booked the chalet through Booking.com, entering my credit card details, which according to the website “guaranteed” my booking. I then put the deposit money on to my credit card. After this I booked ten flights which came to €2,500 approximately (unrefundable). Next thing, I find the accommodation through Booking.com has been cancelled. According to Booking.com, the so called owner “emailed” me asking for the deposit to be wired to him and because he didn’t hear back immediately he/she went ahead and cancelled the booking.
I check my emails very carefully and saw nothing that requested such a payment. Just previous to this I had telephoned Booking.com and enquired how I could pay the deposit, which at that stage was almost fully collected, as I wished to pay sooner rather than later. Booking.com said they weren’t sure how I could pay it but I should ring back when I had collected the money and they would see if they could contact the owner of the accommodation for me. However I never go that far as the booking was cancelled soon after, despite the full deposit sitting on my credit card ready for collection by the owner if he/she so wished.
I don’t believe any emails were sent. Otherwise I would have seen them. I received my booking confirmation email without a problem. I check my junk mail carefully. Surely if the owner were that keen to collect his deposit he would have perhaps rang Booking.com or even rang me with the phone number provided on the booking? I then rang Booking.com and tried to pay there and then stating that I had no problem paying the deposit and that there was €3000 sitting on my credit card, which I could wire immediately if necessary. Customer service was unhelpful. All they would say in parrot fashion was that this so called owner said he had emailed me and that I didn’t respond and that was that. My belief is that this owner simply got a better offer and took it before cancelling my accommodation. Just be careful. Do not think that because you have a so called guaranteed booking that it is in fact guaranteed. I have since found out that if you book hotels through online agencies like Booking.com, they can wash their hands of you, claiming that your contract is with the individual hotel, not with them. I am now in a horrendous position. There is no accommodation left in the area concerned. Whereas I can return the accommodation money no problem, the flight money is unrefundable. I will never use Booking.com again and I will (hopefully) never to be so gullible again as to trust such an agency in the future. I learnt the hard way.

williamc90
4/15/15

Booking.com touts the "Best Price Guaranteed" for their hotel reservations. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. I booked an Ibis Hotel in Amsterdam for approx. $168 per night. I then found it on Accorhotels.com for $122. I called customer service pointed, out the difference in price and was advised by a nice gentleman that it would have to be reviewed by someone else but both he and his supervisor agreed that I would get a price adjustment. Guess what happened? I didn't qualify because it was a non refundable reservation and it is in the small print. After doing some research I believe that well over one third of on line reservations are non refundable therefore the lowest price claim is a blatant lie. This is a poor way of doing business and should be taken off of the web site. I will never do business with this company again even if they have the lowest price. I will also contact the Better Business Bureau that they prominently feature on their sites. Buyer Beware

qutaibaha
4/8/15

reader beware of booking.com site
even if you get the first result in searching .. stay away

i have booked room in Barcelona throw this horrible site and then decide to cancel as it my right and comply with free cancellation policy. however the hotel did not refund and when i contact booking they keep sending email after email with promising they will resolve the issue and make the refund.. up to 2 moth now i didt receive any refund and booking stop sending any email and they just kept silence

bear in mind that i was a continuing customer to booking.com site as i am a frequent traveler and they did not appreciate that. they just chose not to response!!!!

so even if its not happen now to you or before.. one day you will find yourself in this situation and the booking agent who suppose to take responsibility will leave you and they will not care about you

SO BE CAREFULL AND INFORM ANY ONE WHO USE THIS SITE TO STOP USING IT .......ITS A BUNCH OF CROCKS WHO RUN THIS SITE!!

piotrk3
4/7/15

If you want to experience same flavour of communism and to feel how stasi was operating years ago try to book your vacation by booking.com.
I have booked a room in Prague for Easter 2015. I have come to the hotel (Villa Revova) with my booking.com reservation and discover that hotel is booked and I had been told that can go away. Just like that without any explanations, they did not care. (it was a French company). Booking.com took about 3 hours to book a new hotel in totally different location for twice more money. That how companies were operating during communism. No people were important during this period.
I have finally managed to find same alternative in about 5 minutes without booking.com help.
I have lived for many years during communism in Poland just to discover that we are living in same corporate communism with is far more worse and danger.
Lets promote small honest business caring about people. Get rid of mafia style companies. Stop using them.

eda28
4/5/15

The is the worst Company you could ever but your trust into. You see a nice, Queen room with 2 queen beds and pay a hefty price for it....only to get to the hotel and find that all they have is a room with 1 full bed and a sofa with pull out bed (I use the words "sofa" and "bed" loosely here). The pull out "bed" was basically a set of bed springs with a thin piece of material wrapped around them. You could feel the springs piercing you in the side as you tried to lay on it. The hotel blamed booking.com and booking.com blamed the hotel. The hotel (Microtel by Wyndam @ Sea World San Antonio) refused to provide any compensation and booking.com "reluctantly" said they would give us a $50 refund. Well, that hasn't happened and from what other reviews I've read, we never will get our refund. I blame both the hotel and booking.com: one for selling us sonething we did not receive and the hotel for allowing booking.com to book their rooms. They both are at fault. Each booking.com representative I spoke to lied to me. Each one promised to send an e-mail to confirm our conversation and our forthcoming $50 refund. We never received one. We got one phone call from a guy saying "We sent you an e-mail. You have to fill it out to receive your refund." It was a survey to fill out about the hotel, not a survey for booking.com. We filled it out and we still have no refund. DO NOT USE THESE LYING $#*!S EVER!!

irenap2
4/4/15

I booked 5 star Sari Pacifica resort for eight days .It was a big disappointment when arriving.My villa was advertised as a lagoon villa.The lagon was old blue color plastic.The rooms are big,but need renovation.All resort area, rooms,pool,garden,breakfast room and breakfast are far away from 5 star resort and very overpriced.The breakfast was very poor for 5 stars.No fresh sea food on the island.At the dinner we had the last bottle of red wine,and then had to wait the next delivery.The only good,is a beautiful beach and amazing staff. Mr. Ryan,mr.Shan,mr.Osvaldo,served with great hospiality.

Tip for consumers: Dont go to Pulau Redang,go to Pulau Perhentian.

joamk
4/2/15

I will suggest not to use Booking.com for booking hotels because before booking, rates show different and free cancellation message appears. But after booking they say you have booked non refundable room that can not be cancelled, charges will apply. I have very bad experience with Booking.com

Tip for consumers: Expedia is trustworthy for stress free stay anywhere.

serenab4
4/2/15

I made a reservation online back in January 2015 for a one night stay in May. It is not April and I get a call from the hotel that booking.com overbooked and I do not have a room. Every other hotel in the area is booked now a well so I am completely out of options. Booking.com offered to put me up in a $#*!ty hotel miles away - geeze thanks. Not only am I inconvenienced by location but with the need for a rental car. They never once offered to refund my money or make it up to me in anyway. This is a pathetic way to run a business and I will NEVER use booking.com again. They are unreliable! And when it comes to hotel reservations and travel arrangements, I cant afford to use an unreliable source. _Sincerly, a livid pissed customer

tinaj19
4/2/15

I booked the fritz hotel for my vacation based upon the fact they had ocean view rooms with balconies. The picture clearly shows a bed with doors leading out to what appears to be a balcony. I called booking.com to verify and was told I had a balcony, only to find I was on the first floor with a partial view and no balcony. I asked for Ryan Ford the manager to call me back. He did not. Instead had a CS rep email me a replay of a completely different conversation not even referencing the balcony. They have completely ruined my vacation with nothing but a reply there's nothing they can do. Their advertising is deceiving and their CS not knowledgeable at all. The manager ( IF that's what you want to call him ) Ryan Ford is insulting. When I ask to speak to a manager- I want to SPEAK to a manager. When you make a mistake you need to fix it. Don't replay an entire conversation that has nothing to do with my actual problem. Don't book off of booking.com. I've booked off of expedia, tripadvisor and hotels.com and have never had a problem.

lanio
3/29/15

The location is very accessible. The room I stayed was well maintained and very comfortable. The outdoor grill options made my stay even more enjoyable. Great ambiance and respectful staff. I will definitely refer to friend.

Tip for consumers: You should try the grilled fish and karaoke at the Loft on the first floor of the hotel.

garyf38
3/24/15

OUTSTANDING, Great location-Beautiful Apartment with Court Yard---24 hour gated security. Within minutes walking of all the best restaurants, clubs, Sea, and Potemkin Stairs just around the corner. Newly remodeled. All new furniture, lots of space, very clean, jetted tub and shower. All new kitchen furnished. Large smart flat screen TV, Washer/Dryer, Balcony viewing the court yard. Quite, wonderful neighborhood. Manager was just a call away and very accommodating, always pleasant if I had questions. I would recommend this apartment to everyone. WOW!!!

Tip for consumers: very professional

tapv
3/19/15

Booked for 4 rooms: 2 adults, 1 child, breakfast included. Party of 8 adults and 4 children. See the attached picture.

The hotel charge extra saying that Booking.com only pay them for the adult breakfast. I called up Booking.com the customer service and the manager refuse to honour their agreement as stated in the booking.

veronican5
3/12/15

The 1 bedroom at Arlington Court Suites hotel, Arlington, VA, was of good size and comfortable. We would have left with good impression and return to stay on our next trip but these two very poorly handled things by the Front Desk mean we will not return to stay: (1) important and confidential documents faxed by staff at Front desk cannot be found and returned until after a lot of anger and frustration (2) taxi ordered in advance to go to the airport was not done. We discovered when the taxi ordered for the specific time did not turn up. Another taxi was called and delayed our drive to the airport by half hour where the current driver has to make up for it. Totally unacceptable when there is a plane to catch!

jackies35
3/10/15

I have used Booking.com for 5 years of trips to Europe & I never had a problem with them. But this year, when I reserved 2 nights at Jaeger's Hostel in Munich, Germany, I did not realize that I was paying for the hostel at the moment that I booked it. I entered my credit card number because one always has to do that while reserving a hotel. I had no intention of paying for the hostel at that time.When my plans changed a few days later, & I tried to cancel my reservation, the Hostel refused to let me cancel. I wrote to Booking.com & they were pleasant in their e-mail but they did nothing to help me. The reservation with Jaeger's Hostel in Munich was for a date 3 1/2 months in the future, & the hostel is usually fully booked, so it is certain that the hostel would have been able to rent the room I had reserved 3 1/2 months in advance. Booking.com doesn't care about helping their regular, steady customers, & I will not use them again.

chellee
3/5/15

I don't normally use booking.com maybe that's why I was unsure that when you get a confirmation email saying 'your going to...' allowing you to believe all is done and dusted with the amount paid all you need to do is go, means you may possibly get an email hours before your arrival explaining a problem with the payment. Although they managed to get the cancellation fee wavered I think it's a bit of a joke to use the word wavered as they were so misleading. We ended up not being able to go and ended up very disappointed.

ozanb
3/3/15

I never seen something like this. They are really unprofessional. I don't recommend anyone. Their is no manager or supervisor if you need to talk to and they don't even give their name to you. Think twice before you book anything with them....

vickis21
3/2/15

Booked with booking.com and will never book with them again!!!! Tried to cancel a booking four months in advance they would not help whatsoever. I then email the hotel who where happy to change the booking however when I informed booking.com they informed me the price had gone up and I had to pay at the hotel after discussions booking.com said they would refund me I sent email after email and proof of receipt that they requested, still have never received a refund POOR CUSTOMER SERVICES TO SAY THE LEAST! I even emailed asking them to reply as they have not replied to previous. VERY UNHELPFUL TRYING TO RESOLVE ANY QUERY. Book direct easier

victoriac24
2/28/15

Very unhappy! I booked with them a week ago, checked their web site before checking in and it was cheaper, I tried to get the cheaper rate they argued with me for 15min wouldn't allow me to cancel wouldn't charge me the cheaper rate all they would do if I emailed them their cheaper rate and proof I paid more they "said" they would issue me a refund.

bojann
2/26/15

Really useful site, already used them like 20 times. Competition is huge, but Booking.com has always been a reliable partner for my trips. Keep it up!

Bojan

billi221
2/23/15

Last August I made arrangements thru Bookings.com for a room at Daytona Beach, Florida for this past weekend Daytona 500 Nascar race.
Upon arrival, the hotel gave us a room with 1 bed and a pull out sofa. There were 5 in our party. The room we booked was to have 2 queen beds and a pull-out sofa.
There were no more rooms available at this hotel or any other hotel in town. The hotel said it was Bookings.com fault and they told me it was the hotels fault. Bookings said I made the arrangement for only one guest. Now why would I want 2 queen beds and a pull out if it was only me who was staying there. Not smart!!!
We ending up staying for again we had not choice and 2 people had to sleep on a blow up mattress on the floor.
I will not trust either the Bookings.com or the Extended Stay Hotel ever again. Will not use there services again.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site !!!!!

jimg49
2/20/15

Had to cancel a room, the fees were not shown unless you clicked an icon. so we said we would keep the room, sorry you canceled and the charge stays. The room was booked and no loner available. First and last time I will use this site.

joes461
2/18/15

Booking.com is running flawed system as far as reservations are concerned.
IE. you are able to book dates/rooms without any obligation and from Hotel Extranet https://admin.booking.com/hotel/hoteladmin/?lang=en
you are not able not cancel reservations which are neither confirmed nor deposit payed, thus leaving number of rooms which are booked for certain period.

This is perfect opportunity for fraudsters and/or competitors to request booking for as many rooms as they can, using bogus aliases and/or email addresses, thus leaving your property marked as fully-booked!

Further to that, Booking.com is unable to cancel some of the dubious booking on direct request, yet recommending to wait and report as NO-SHOW(s). As a consequence properties are left with high-season dates marked as booked and becoming available only after NO-SHOW reported.

Ridiculous

Tip for consumers: Don't use it

fernandop11
2/17/15

Probably works somewhat ok for hotels in cases where they cannot rely on their own online booking facilities. However, way too bad for the holiday rentals market: I've booked in one place, 1 month later the owner of the place decided to cancel the booking, offered an option outside of booking.com (dodgy at the very best), then Booking.com began harassing me with "alternatives" nowhere near to the original booking, including the alternative that was completely outside of their system. They just wanted a quick buck on the booking and me to sort out the moronic response from the owner of the property. Never again, booking.com

Tip for consumers: Do not use booking.com

jang29
2/9/15

Do not use booking.com. We had a reservation for an apartment in Lima (secured payment by card). KLM missed the connection so we were 11 hours delayed. We phoned twice to the host and it was no problem before we arrived to the house. Due to "no show" the apartment was rented out to someone else. We had to accept another apartment without some of the facilities that we expected. Short after our installation in the new apartment we got an invoice from booking.com for "no-show". We have tried to be compensated by booking.com but they don´t take any responsibility.

saras64
2/8/15

I have two rooms of "Classic Triple Room with City View" which costs 1973 Dhs per room for two nights , I want to change it to " Deluxe Twin Room with Partial Kaaba View " which costs 1709 Dhs . So the current room i have is more expensive ( 400 Dhs aprox more for both rooms ) , yet they asked for extra money from me if i wanted to change !

I’m also extremely disappointed of the customer service where they closed on my face as soon as I said hi . Then I was talked to in a very disrespectful way by an employee called Bishr who refused to give me his full name claiming its non of my business.

fionaw9
2/6/15

Never ever ever use this website!! I booked to stay in a hotel in Valencia, the Monday before I arrived I was moved to a different hotel, which was a disgusting, dirty, $#*!roach infested hell hole. I contacted booking.com who TOLD me if I paid the bill, they would organise me a refund, so I did. When I got home, I rang them, and apparently there is nothing that they can do about it. So I was lied too.

The advert booking.yeah, more like booking.hell no!!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: A tip, DON'T USE THIS EVIL WEBSITE, THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THEIR PROFITS

erict42
2/4/15

BEWARE THEIR NON-REFUNDABLE POLICIES. DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!!!! They lie and say the hotels are not allowing changes if you mistakenly book non-refundable and want to change your reservation.

hatems
2/3/15

This is the worst site .I will never recommend it. I made a reservation, then i canceled it then they have took my money from my credit card ( 1700€) when i contacted them and asked about they treated me badly and played by me like a ball between them and the hotel that i choosed to go to .the hotel tell that booking.com who stolen my money and the bookin.com saying that the hotel who stolen .$#*! the money but not good at all to do things like this and no protected from the law to customers form thieves like those . i ask how they are still working with closed eyes of a serious law ????

Tip for consumers: This is the worst site .I will never recommend it. I made a reservation, then i canceled it then they have took my money from my credit card ( 1700€) when i contacted them and asked about they treated me badly and played by me like a ball between them and the hotel that i choosed to go to .the hotel tell that booking.com who stolen my money and the bookin.com saying that the hotel who stolen .$#*! the money but not good at all to do things like this and no protected from the law to customers f

gustafp12
2/3/15

The site with their cancelation policy is really bad, stay away from this site.
Use it to find the hotel and then contact the hotel directly to get a deal that is equal to booking.com prices

Tip for consumers: The site with their cancelation policy is really bad, stay away from this site.

suzanm1
2/1/15

Booking.com. Beware. Traveling through Spain, cancelled a property before I left and cancelled again a week before arrival. Magically I am charged for a "no show." So I cancelled my Iother properties remaining on the trip made through book.scam and they pop up again after I'd seen the confirmed cancellation on the website! How sad I dont have a printer. Take a screen shots folks of cancelation notice because somethimes they work and somtimes they don't. Out 200 euros. Their word against mine. Well the word is getting out booking.com, your code system is antiquated at best, at worst you are dissing your customer purposely. I SEND MY BUSINESS TO HOTEL.COM OR TRIP ADVISOR.

Tip for consumers: Take pictures of your cancellation in case they magically no longer have a record of it.Or print and scan! Can't trust their platform. You need solid evidence because they trust their website. Ha! What a joke.

linka1
1/30/15

Through booking.com I have found hotels that I would not have found otherwise. I appreciate this. However, I believe their reviews are rigged. When I leave an honest review, with the good and the bad, it does not get posted. I think the consumer should be aware that the reviews that are posted are not giving a fair review. They seem to be slanted toward posting only the best reviews. Not fair to the consumer, for sure.

Tip for consumers: Reviews can't be trusted.

niamhf1
1/28/15

Booking.com claims to beat the standard prices of a room, I actually got charged more than the prices quoted on their website. What they claimed to be a four star hotel with free wifi, was actually a two star hostel with no wifi at all. After reading the reviews I am now worried about money being taken from my account, I don't know how to stop this happening :(

kevinm107
1/26/15

booking.com saved me loads of money on a recent trip to paris. i was able to book an amazing apartment right in the centre of paris that cost me the same as i would've paid for standard b&b without sites like this.

atnos
1/24/15

This is a scam operation, they put false photos up of the establishment and get you hooked for a non cancellation and exorbitant fee. Beware donot make reservations on this site.

Tip for consumers: Booking dot com makes establishments look great on their site, but they are really dumps. They said the empress Hotel in New Orleans was a clean establishment and it turns out to be a dump

pats79
1/17/15

Be careful using booking.com in a foreign country. I booked an executive suite at the Best Western Kinabalu Daya in KK Malaysia and on arrival (after flying over 15 hours) was given their junior suite which is their best available suite. That suite is only $90, both on their website and as a walk in. My suite cost me $160. When I realized I was overcharged, neither the hotel or booking.com would reimburse me. The hotel did give me a free upgrade from a standard room to a suite on my next stay a week later (after a jungle trip).

Tip for consumers: Be sure to check the hotel website before you book a "deal" with booking.com

araa
1/16/15

I booked my reservations Paid in full CC was Charged , Then a week later after making additional arrangements with work , Home and people , Paying for flights, Booking .com Calls and Saids Sorry they Can Not Honor my Reservations . They said they made mistake and gave wrong price ! And they were not willing to help or even Compromise . So Beware Or you too Will Lose Hundreds of Dollars or more !!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Skip this site

suhaila
1/13/15

booking.com cheaters and not careing at all about their customers. even customer services not helping you at all during any problem with hotels and also most of the hotels information about services and star rate not correct. what happened with me several time and i will add the booking number for your review .

my name is suhail from UAE i book a otel in dubai the hotel name was golden sands with booking # 752903539 when i reach the hotel i found that this reservation for 3 hotels not only 1 hotel golden sands 3 , 5 & 10 and the best one of them they which i book golden sands 3 they said its fully booked and they send me to the worst hotel is in my life i refused to take it , then i cancel the booking because they cheating me by changing the hotel. the booking.com they said we can not do any thing about this problem because the hotel not agree to cancel the reservation without penalty first night payment should be pay.

i send many email to booking.com but they answear me that we explain to you many time that the bank policy like that we cant do any thing to them they not accept.

Tip for consumers: dont deal with booking.com to save your money and to injoy your holiday.

BOOKING.COM ONLY LOOKING FOR THEIR BINIFITS CHEATERS

jocelynf1
1/13/15

If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Sliema, Malta, look no further than the Sliema Marine Hotel on the seafront, with everything you need on your doorstep.
The manager Pierre and his staff are all so welcoming, helpful and the hotel is spotlessly clean and the rooms comfortable.
The views from the eighth floor whilst enjoying breakfast are superb and one is spoilt for choice in choosing a good restaurant for dinner. ATM, hop on hop off sightseeing buses, taxis, ferry to Valletta right on your doorstep! I'll be returning!

brendah21
1/13/15

I had made two reservations, but had to cancel both of them. Booking.com confirmed my cancelation; however, I was still charged for both hotels. To make matters worse, I was also charged for another hotel that I had never made a reservation, I had only looked into the hotel through the booking.com website. I have been on the phone with customer service at least 4 times, and have written at least 5-6 emails. My bank account is really messed up now.

lisec2
1/11/15

I had booked a room through booking.com December 8 for the night of January 10 (for my sons hockey tournament). I was driving to the town when a lady from booking.com phoned me on my cell phone. She said the hotel was overbooked and asked if they could they move me to another hotel. I told her I didn't care where I stayed but it better have a pool because I had promised the kids a pool for a month now. She said she would find out and put me on hold for what seemed forever. So at this point I am on hold forever driving and talking on a phone which is illegal, it was snowing, the unfamiliar roads were twisting and turning and I just didn't feel safe driving while on the phone so I hung up. I was expecting her to call back and when she didn't figured they must have figured it out amongst them. When I got to the hotel they said booking.com had cancelled the reservation. Luckily they got me another room but it was not what I had reserved (two queen beds). I knew someone else at the same hotel that had the same thing happen to them.
When the lady called me it was 6 hours to check-in. Completely ridiculous! I would like to know how it is a hotel gets overbooked in the first place, who's fault it actually is, and how they decide which people lose their reservation. Is it the booking.com customers? Sure doesn't make me feel confident to book through them again.

williamj39
1/9/15

To all my military people and friends do not use www.booking.com They are frauds. They charged me for twice for rooms they overbooked. They relocated me and refuse to give me my money back. Do not use this website.

sa10804
1/8/15

Don't use Booking.com - their Best Price Guarantee is a total scam!

I found my holiday apartment £225 cheaper on Expedia so contacted Booking.com and asked them to honour their Best Price Guarantee offer. The customer service advisor agreed that I'd found an identical quote, and therefore was eligible for the £225 refund. She told me to expect an email from her manager.

A few hours later I received an email from Booking.com stating that there would be no Best Price Guarantee because my claim did not fit their Terms and Conditions. This is a blatant lie. Their Terms and Conditions clearly states that they will refund the difference if the other quote is identical - which mine is.

I emailed them asking for clarification on which specific Term or Condition my claim was falling short, but unfortunately, they have chosen to ignore that email, and are refusing to acknowledge my claim.

DO NOT use Booking.com. It is not worth the risk.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT use Booking.com. Their Best Price Guarantee is a gimic. They have no intention of honouring it.

fernandob16
1/7/15

Using it for few years, the best hotel booking website I ever used! The prices are usually better, than if you'll book the same hotel "from the street" or from the hotel's website

Tip for consumers: If you just need a hotel booking for a visa (like shengen for example), you can find the hotels without extra charge for canceling and without any pay in advance.

davidt99
1/7/15

WARNING when using Booking.Com as your booking Agent. If the hotel is unsuitable for whatever reason, which in my case related to a physical complaint my wife suffers being exacerbated by the hotel environment. They will hold you to paying the FULL amount of your booking if outside the cancellation period. This means in reality that if you arrive and discover the hotel is unsuitable or not as described, and you have booked for two weeks, you will have to pay the full amount, or try and negotiate some reduced charge with the hotel.

Tip for consumers: I advise using Booking.Com to look at hotels in the area you wish to visit, then booking direct with the hotel yourself. Or booking one night only with Booking.com and extending your stay if the hotel is as described.

loris126
1/6/15

I was traveling when I canceled a room reservation on a mobile device due to an itinerary change. I canceled the reservation 2 days before the reserved date. Booking.com charged a $50 cancellation fee. In my extensive travels, I have never encountered a 48-hour cancellation policy. Every hotel and booking agent I have dealt with has a 24-hour cancellation policy. I canceled on January 1 for a January 3 late check-in, and I was charged a $50 cancellation fee. I feel totally ripped off, and I will never deal with booking.com again.

Tip for consumers: Watch out for usurious cancellation fees!

claudiap4
12/30/14

Just had to pay almost 600 USD due to some "technical" issues on their behalf. Booking.com does not take any responsibility for their mistakes and does NOTHING to resolves issues. I feel cheated and scammed! Thanks for ruining our family holidays!

Tip for consumers: Use another search engine or be ready to loose money!

anniea9
12/29/14

Don't use booking.com. I had to find the hard way how they proceed. Their website states upon making the reservation the hotel/car rental,etc. would charge your card on the day of the reservation made. Well that is not the case. I book a hotel through booking.com for 2nights in Athens. Not only I did not get charged on the day I made the reservation, but I got charged 1 month after, or a day after I checked out. To top it off I got charged for international transaction fee. The whole purpose on booking my hotels prior from the states was to avoid the international transaction fee. And not only that but now it gets really hard for me to find out how much more I got charged. The exchange currency trade changes every day.... How stupid is that?!?!?! Not only that but you enter your card information for booking.com and they release that information to the hotel......
Don't book thorugh priceline nor booking. Pricilene is now actually booking.com. Better go to a different website if you want to save yourself hassle. My best bet now is when I call my bank to be reimbursed for the additional charges. I regret so much using booking.com!

alanc44
12/22/14

I was ripped off

Transacted $2200.00 against my credit card two days after my booking was cancelled.
Refunded the initial $'s but I incurred international & exchange rate charges of $66 which they wouldn't pay.
Dodgy.

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Booking.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: When I left Crossroads Best Western Motel in Indianapolis in I gave the hotel a good rating, other than the average breakfast. When my credit card bill came I had been additionally charged $219. for a room I did not use. They first said their auditors would look into it. Nothing. Then they said it was a Booking.com problem. Nothing. I called back ten days or so was told he would look into it. A third call with anger in my voice got action. I have been refunded my money. It took too many weeks and calls by me. All the manage wanted was to get his $20 fee back from Booking for the reservation, and put my need at the bottom of his list. Was it indeed a Booking.com mistake? You took the blame.
9/11/13
guyp9
A: We booked a 4 star hotel in brugge through booking .com on arrival at hotel and after sitting around for over 2 hours we were told the hotel had over booked.The recepionist then called another local hotel which we had no choice but to stay in even though it was a 3 star in not as good a location for the same price.Surely we are entiltled to a full refund?
2/11/13
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: how can I organize flights too
5 days ago
lynnp26
A: Couldn't make out your question linda if you'd like to repost I'll do my best to help
4 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Booking.com staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

1 Coupon for Booking.com

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Booking.com to save!
Go to Booking.com
Booking.com

21 Photos for Booking.com

Booking.com?
Click here to post a review