US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

frankm64

We stayed in Hotel Sentral in KL Malaysia about a week ago. (in 249 reviews)

bobs85

Great site that is very customer service oriented. (in 74 reviews)

tb37

I recently needed to change my credit card information with booking.com. (in 60 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kevinm107
1/26/15

booking.com saved me loads of money on a recent trip to paris. i was able to book an amazing apartment right in the centre of paris that cost me the same as i would've paid for standard b&b without sites like this.

atnos
1/24/15

This is a scam operation, they put false photos up of the establishment and get you hooked for a non cancellation and exorbitant fee. Beware donot make reservations on this site.

Tip for consumers: Booking dot com makes establishments look great on their site, but they are really dumps. They said the empress Hotel in New Orleans was a clean establishment and it turns out to be a dump

pats79
1/17/15

Be careful using booking.com in a foreign country. I booked an executive suite at the Best Western Kinabalu Daya in KK Malaysia and on arrival (after flying over 15 hours) was given their junior suite which is their best available suite. That suite is only $90, both on their website and as a walk in. My suite cost me $160. When I realized I was overcharged, neither the hotel or booking.com would reimburse me. The hotel did give me a free upgrade from a standard room to a suite on my next stay a week later (after a jungle trip).

Tip for consumers: Be sure to check the hotel website before you book a "deal" with booking.com

araa
1/16/15

I booked my reservations Paid in full CC was Charged , Then a week later after making additional arrangements with work , Home and people , Paying for flights, Booking .com Calls and Saids Sorry they Can Not Honor my Reservations . They said they made mistake and gave wrong price ! And they were not willing to help or even Compromise . So Beware Or you too Will Lose Hundreds of Dollars or more !!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Skip this site

suhaila
1/13/15

booking.com cheaters and not careing at all about their customers. even customer services not helping you at all during any problem with hotels and also most of the hotels information about services and star rate not correct. what happened with me several time and i will add the booking number for your review .

my name is suhail from UAE i book a otel in dubai the hotel name was golden sands with booking # 752903539 when i reach the hotel i found that this reservation for 3 hotels not only 1 hotel golden sands 3 , 5 & 10 and the best one of them they which i book golden sands 3 they said its fully booked and they send me to the worst hotel is in my life i refused to take it , then i cancel the booking because they cheating me by changing the hotel. the booking.com they said we can not do any thing about this problem because the hotel not agree to cancel the reservation without penalty first night payment should be pay.

i send many email to booking.com but they answear me that we explain to you many time that the bank policy like that we cant do any thing to them they not accept.

Tip for consumers: dont deal with booking.com to save your money and to injoy your holiday.

BOOKING.COM ONLY LOOKING FOR THEIR BINIFITS CHEATERS

jocelynf1
1/13/15

If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Sliema, Malta, look no further than the Sliema Marine Hotel on the seafront, with everything you need on your doorstep.
The manager Pierre and his staff are all so welcoming, helpful and the hotel is spotlessly clean and the rooms comfortable.
The views from the eighth floor whilst enjoying breakfast are superb and one is spoilt for choice in choosing a good restaurant for dinner. ATM, hop on hop off sightseeing buses, taxis, ferry to Valletta right on your doorstep! I'll be returning!

brendah21
1/13/15

I had made two reservations, but had to cancel both of them. Booking.com confirmed my cancelation; however, I was still charged for both hotels. To make matters worse, I was also charged for another hotel that I had never made a reservation, I had only looked into the hotel through the booking.com website. I have been on the phone with customer service at least 4 times, and have written at least 5-6 emails. My bank account is really messed up now.

lisec2
1/11/15

I had booked a room through booking.com December 8 for the night of January 10 (for my sons hockey tournament). I was driving to the town when a lady from booking.com phoned me on my cell phone. She said the hotel was overbooked and asked if they could they move me to another hotel. I told her I didn't care where I stayed but it better have a pool because I had promised the kids a pool for a month now. She said she would find out and put me on hold for what seemed forever. So at this point I am on hold forever driving and talking on a phone which is illegal, it was snowing, the unfamiliar roads were twisting and turning and I just didn't feel safe driving while on the phone so I hung up. I was expecting her to call back and when she didn't figured they must have figured it out amongst them. When I got to the hotel they said booking.com had cancelled the reservation. Luckily they got me another room but it was not what I had reserved (two queen beds). I knew someone else at the same hotel that had the same thing happen to them.
When the lady called me it was 6 hours to check-in. Completely ridiculous! I would like to know how it is a hotel gets overbooked in the first place, who's fault it actually is, and how they decide which people lose their reservation. Is it the booking.com customers? Sure doesn't make me feel confident to book through them again.

williamj39
1/9/15

To all my military people and friends do not use www.booking.com They are frauds. They charged me for twice for rooms they overbooked. They relocated me and refuse to give me my money back. Do not use this website.

sa10804
1/8/15

Don't use Booking.com - their Best Price Guarantee is a total scam!

I found my holiday apartment £225 cheaper on Expedia so contacted Booking.com and asked them to honour their Best Price Guarantee offer. The customer service advisor agreed that I'd found an identical quote, and therefore was eligible for the £225 refund. She told me to expect an email from her manager.

A few hours later I received an email from Booking.com stating that there would be no Best Price Guarantee because my claim did not fit their Terms and Conditions. This is a blatant lie. Their Terms and Conditions clearly states that they will refund the difference if the other quote is identical - which mine is.

I emailed them asking for clarification on which specific Term or Condition my claim was falling short, but unfortunately, they have chosen to ignore that email, and are refusing to acknowledge my claim.

DO NOT use Booking.com. It is not worth the risk.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT use Booking.com. Their Best Price Guarantee is a gimic. They have no intention of honouring it.

fernandob16
1/7/15

Using it for few years, the best hotel booking website I ever used! The prices are usually better, than if you'll book the same hotel "from the street" or from the hotel's website

Tip for consumers: If you just need a hotel booking for a visa (like shengen for example), you can find the hotels without extra charge for canceling and without any pay in advance.

davidt99
1/7/15

WARNING when using Booking.Com as your booking Agent. If the hotel is unsuitable for whatever reason, which in my case related to a physical complaint my wife suffers being exacerbated by the hotel environment. They will hold you to paying the FULL amount of your booking if outside the cancellation period. This means in reality that if you arrive and discover the hotel is unsuitable or not as described, and you have booked for two weeks, you will have to pay the full amount, or try and negotiate some reduced charge with the hotel.

Tip for consumers: I advise using Booking.Com to look at hotels in the area you wish to visit, then booking direct with the hotel yourself. Or booking one night only with Booking.com and extending your stay if the hotel is as described.

loris126
1/6/15

I was traveling when I canceled a room reservation on a mobile device due to an itinerary change. I canceled the reservation 2 days before the reserved date. Booking.com charged a $50 cancellation fee. In my extensive travels, I have never encountered a 48-hour cancellation policy. Every hotel and booking agent I have dealt with has a 24-hour cancellation policy. I canceled on January 1 for a January 3 late check-in, and I was charged a $50 cancellation fee. I feel totally ripped off, and I will never deal with booking.com again.

Tip for consumers: Watch out for usurious cancellation fees!

claudiap4
12/30/14

Just had to pay almost 600 USD due to some "technical" issues on their behalf. Booking.com does not take any responsibility for their mistakes and does NOTHING to resolves issues. I feel cheated and scammed! Thanks for ruining our family holidays!

Tip for consumers: Use another search engine or be ready to loose money!

anniea9
12/29/14

Don't use booking.com. I had to find the hard way how they proceed. Their website states upon making the reservation the hotel/car rental,etc. would charge your card on the day of the reservation made. Well that is not the case. I book a hotel through booking.com for 2nights in Athens. Not only I did not get charged on the day I made the reservation, but I got charged 1 month after, or a day after I checked out. To top it off I got charged for international transaction fee. The whole purpose on booking my hotels prior from the states was to avoid the international transaction fee. And not only that but now it gets really hard for me to find out how much more I got charged. The exchange currency trade changes every day.... How stupid is that?!?!?! Not only that but you enter your card information for booking.com and they release that information to the hotel......
Don't book thorugh priceline nor booking. Pricilene is now actually booking.com. Better go to a different website if you want to save yourself hassle. My best bet now is when I call my bank to be reimbursed for the additional charges. I regret so much using booking.com!

alanc44
12/22/14

I was ripped off

Transacted $2200.00 against my credit card two days after my booking was cancelled.
Refunded the initial $'s but I incurred international & exchange rate charges of $66 which they wouldn't pay.
Dodgy.

cynthiak5
12/21/14

Very disappointed, second time to book a hotel with them in a month. Rooms not up to standard won't be using them any more will be checking hotels from now on by phone and word of mouth

matta18
12/21/14

Trust the 1.5 stars that booking.com has. They are deceitful in the reservations and reservation confirmation descriptions. Online my reservation said that there was a $25 cancellation fee. Then I go to cancel and the rep on the phone, their supervisor and manager tell me that there is a nonnegotiable $50 fee. This website needs to clean up their act before I will use them again. If I were you I would not trust them with my credit card information.

Tip for consumers: If I were you I would not trust them with my credit card information.

jr104
12/21/14

Do not ever use booking.com. They booked us a room in Memphis that didn't exist. Then sued us for not showing up. I am during them for the full cost of my vacation and every dime I can come up with. They are a horrible company and should be sued by everyone till they go bankrupt.

Tip for consumers: They suck

reallyn1
12/20/14

I made a reservation at Hotel Cervantino using booking.com. When I arrived at the hotel, the receptionist had my reservation but claimed there was no record of my payment. The hotel also claimed that their credit card machine was not working. They required that I pay in cash. Since I had just arrived in Mexico, I did not have enough pesos with me. They sent me out on foot to find an atm machine. Once I paid for the room in cash and got to my room, I found the hotel had already charged my debit card. When I reported the problem to booking.com, they required my bank statement and copies of my receipts from the hotel before they would even make a call to the hotel to resolve the issue.This level of customer service is unacceptable. I will never use booking.com again.

Tip for consumers: Don't use booking.com. Their customer service is the worst on the planet. No company with service this poor can stay in business for long.

jonathanj20
12/17/14

I won't be using them again because they sold me a room that the hotel did not have when I arrived and it was not because they sold out of the rooms the hotel did not have them period! I will call and book direct from here on out

Tip for consumers: DONT USE BOOKING.COM

catherinev3
12/17/14

I booked a Euro5,000 holiday to Megeve for a week for my family in a "new" ski-hotel called Chalet Salomon. I searched it on TripAdvisor and did not see any reviews so I spoke to Booking.com. They said because the apart-hotel was new, so their were no reviews. The "hotel" had sent me the booking forms to confirm the reservation, but I decided to search for press coverage of this new hotel - nothing, Then I realized that the whole hotel was a FRAUD.
I contacted Booking.com to tell THEM that they had a fraudulent hotel on their site. They were still taking bookings!
I was furious (although thankfully had not confirmed or paid for the booking), I insisted that Booking.com find me an alternative.
Now for the really maddening part - they made another suggestion - this time a legit hotel. There are 6 of us, my husband and I and our four children. The apartment-hotel they suggested looked good and when I booked the site gave us the option to have one double bed and four singles, or three double beds. I clicked on the four single bed option. Confirmed and paid the deposit.
The hotel just emailed me to say that the website (Booking.com) misrepresents the room and actually it is only 2 double beds that cannot be split. The third "bed" is actually the sofa in the living room!!!!!
Yes you are reading all of this correctly. Booking.com is THE WORST booking agency I have ever come across and I cannot imagine how many people are experiencing miserable holidays because of them. DO NOT USE them without complete and full understanding from the actual hotel about what you are booking.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you contact the actual hotel directly as Booking.com totally misrepresent the truth.

lorik75
12/16/14

The room rate given to me when i made the reservation was fair, but when i arrived at the Ramada East in Houson they made me wait 2 hours before putting me in the room. There were 7 of us in our group waiting for 2 hours for vacation to start. Why? because the booking.com reservation wasnt sent to the hotel. They had no reservation for us at all. Thank God i brought the paperwork. Then they put us in the dirtiest most dilapatated room ive been in. BULLET HOLES IN THE GLASS DOORS! black mold in the bathrooms, and broken everything. Ugggh. next time i may have to go back to trip advisor. This sucked.

Tip for consumers: Just book the room yourself or go through trip advisor. Easier. Faster and at least you will know you A.) wont die from gunshot wounds. & B.) Will have the room you thought you reserved when you arrived.

philipn7
12/15/14

Booking.com gives all your credit card information to the property owner!!! What does it mean? it means you are giving your card information to people you have never seen and you do not trust them. I experienced money fraud from my account after using booking.com. AVOID THID TERRIBLE WEBSIE; otherwise it cost you a lot....

Tip for consumers: AVOID BOOKING.COM it is really TERRIBLE

itmm
12/15/14

Overpriced the hotel. Had problems with abuse of credit card used to hold booking. Money refunded eventually. Stressful and time consuming experience, never to be repeated.

Tip for consumers: Check hotel web site on prices/offers before using booking.com

ruhik
12/14/14

A totally useless site. I booked a room through this site for the first time. Just fell into the trap of them advertising cheaper options. first got a booking confirmation then say booking could not be processed due to problem with the card. and top it all it says booking cannot be cancelled without losing all the money.tried calling up their number not in use. called the hotel to confirm they say ask booking.com. Tried calling booking.com next day and highly accented guy says will take another 24 hours to tell u whether its confirmed or not and then while am still talking to him says thanks and hangs up on me!! N I still dont know whether the booking is there or not.whether i shall try booking any other hotel or not.
guys just spend lil more money and go the hotel website itself and book. atleast u can be assured of a room.Not wasting precious time calling up outright rude people.

Tip for consumers: Just don't use this site..go to the hotel website and book. maybe lil more expensive but definitely peace of mind

hifzurr
12/14/14

One of the worst services. I booked for the End of the year family stay at Atlantis Dubai.
First booking got canceled and when I called Booking.com there representative (Anna) promised to come back to me about the reasons for booking cancelation.
For 3 days they never came back and when I called them again, they informed that now rooms for the earlier prices are not available and they can not do any thing.
I feel cheated.

Tip for consumers: Please be careful with them whilst book as I have heard similar stories from other customers

bookingd
12/14/14

Dear Hotels around the world.

I am the owner of the hotel who need to express my feeling after using booking.com service by selling rooms onlines

Booking.com has a VERY RUDE SERVICE from Elegant Staff ESP.Customer Service.staff and Credit Control staff.

Why ? : they NEVER prove the situation although we have an evidence.

ex. Mr.A did NOT check in but they judged Mr.A checked in because Mr.A said he checked in. So we ask more information about check in time, room number, check out time and receipt. They reject to give more information and ask for commission although we have evidences which can prove. I think this is called " CHEATING ".

I feel like the elegant staff who trained from Huge Company like Booking.com NEVER care the hotel. Because they always think they are big.

I will tell you this is a high profile company but give LOW services, LOW investigations LOW hotel partner protection by LOW people they trained elegantly for service industry.

Booking.com also has a Problem with Review Investigation.

They never know the truth but Liar can write a misleading message on the hotel page without the best investigation from them ( Booking.com ). I mean the best responsibilities and compensations ???

Anyways I think, Many thousands agent sites which ALWAYS READY TO WELCOME HOTELS as below CAN SOLVE THESE PROBLEMS IN THE BETTER WAY and this is not gonna be the problems for hotel marketing if hotels will not care Booking.com same as they did not care to hotels.

Some of Distributions Channels :

Asiarooms
AsiaTravel
Atrapalo
AustraliaBedBank
Australian Accommodation Data Exchange (AADX)
Bali Hotel Guide
Venere
Viajes Olympia
VIP Backpackers
Weekendesk - Coming Soon
Welcome to West Cornwall Centre (Penzance TIC)
Whistler.com
WorldBlue
Worldview
Wotif
YukTravel
zanadu

and More +++

I hope Booking.com solve these problems in an effective ways !

Why ? : Because Booking.com works with hotels not slave partners.

Tip for consumers: Dear Hotels around the world.

Why ? : they NEVER prove the situation although we have an evidence.

maxl26
12/13/14

Totally dishonest service. They clearly say that your card will be not charged
and they charge you at short as you add your Credit Card.
I was on troubles with my Bank and on unhautorized Overdraft.

Please avoid this service. Go to Xpedia or other provider.

torim5
12/9/14

i just love booking.com. i use it for all my travels - around the world! i reached some kind of Genius level and it gives me even more discounts. very pleased.

ericl54
12/8/14

Worst experience ever, this is the first time I use this website, and it tells me my booking can not be cancelled. I was not aware of that at all!

sherylm6
12/2/14

do not book with this company.800 pound has been taken from my credit card and i do not go to hotel well 30th dec.it went out on 4th nov and as still not been refunded ,they keep threatening to return it but its been 2 weeks and its still not returned.nobody should be able to take money without your consent.credit card bill is due for payment today so interest will go on this anount .customer service is nil its like speaking to programed robots they dont want to know when anything goeas badly wrong,so 4 phone calls 3 emails later still not goy my money back.do not book with this company bad

Tip for consumers: do not book with this company no customer service if anything goes wrong

joelp21
12/1/14

it's easy to find hotel with them but not cheap, I traveled to London and booked through booking.com found good hotel but letter I found the same hotel more cheapest.

khans1
11/29/14

This is the first time I've booked a hotel through Booking.com and it has turned to be the worst nightmare ever. After making the bookings, I received an email from Booking.com 5 days later to say that I have to make changes to my credit card details. I did so immediately and also called the hotel and Booking.com to confirm. A hotel personnel returned my call and informed me that he will wait for the changes to be updated on their system. Since then no more correspondence was made to me from the hotel or Booking.com. so I thought that everything is confirmed. 2 days before going to the hotel, I received an email from Booking.com that my reservations have been cancelled. This really made me upset because I've made all the arrangements and knowing that I'll still be charged for the bookings. When I spoke to the personnel of Booking.com, she mentioned that it was my fault for not replying to the email which I have obviously done so. She mentioned that there's nothing she can do about it and again said that I did not reply to their email. Only after I threatened to take legal action did the lady call the hotel to reinstate my booking. However after putting me on hold for 30 mins she said that she'll have to call me back as she couldn't get any answer from the hotel. I immediately called the hotel myself and spoke to the manager. He looked up the system and told me that they did not receive the updated credit card changes from Booking.com. Within 30 mins of him sorting out this mess, he finally managed to reinstate my bookings which I'm really grateful for. Let this be a lesson to me and to others not to trust Booking.com or any other online companies to do the bookings for you. The best thing is to book it with the hotels directly. Avoid 3rd party transactions.

phill327
11/25/14

Have been using booking.com for many, many years. I have never had a problem with their web site. I always compare their price with the hotels price. I find the hotel descriptions and amenities are generally the same. Also the extra information that booking.com provides has certainly been a help. So far so good and hope that it continues that way.

Tip for consumers: Always do your homework. Once you check the information on the booking.com web site I always check the information on the hotel's web site, if the price is the same and policy is the same than I book directly with the hotel. Many hotel's do not have a web site of their own and that is when booking.com comes in most handy. No problems ever.

princem17
11/24/14

This is a website for booking hotels online. I am writing this review after they put up my rating while strangling my review of the place they trapped me into booking. The problem is, the line between salesmanship and con-art is absent with this business. When I tried to book a hotel online, they showed one particular place as the cheapest option, and that there was only one room left. Once I booked, there was still one room left at the same price. When I made he trip I realized it was the crappiest possibile place to stay and other reviews confirmed that.
There was still one room left at the same price on the website!

The booking site is crappier than the place, because while the website would not allow me to change the booking without paying a large amount, the receptionist told me that it should not be a problem to change it as long as the booking agent was fine with it.

A few days after I checked out, they sent me a mail for review and today I got a confirmation that my review was published. I go to the review site and realize that they have erased the contents of my review and put "There are no comments available for this review", which confirms that their business tends more towards conning.

Tip for consumers: this site may be useful for getting the addresses of the possible places but by all means avoid booking through this site and go directly to the website of the places you have chosen.

jeannetteb2
11/23/14

This is the worst site I have ever used. I will never recommend it. I made a reservation, use the website to cancel it and it wasn't cancel according to the customer service representative. The strange thing is that when I look the cancelation online it says that I could make the reservation again (meaning it was canceled) I call customer service and told them about this and the lady said that their system didn't have the cancelation, that she was going to send me a link so I can send them the page where it says that I could make the reservation again. I used the same link 5 minutes later and know the page said that I never arrive at the hotel. This is a ripoff. I will never recommend this website, and I will make sure that every person I know will know how this company works. You earn 84 dollar, but I will make sure you lose more business than that stupid 84 dollars you made. This is the first time and the last time I will use this website.

Tip for consumers: Dont use it at all.

elenas20
11/22/14

The hotel has charged us more than was confirmed in our reservation through booking.com. While we stayed in the hotel the boking.com assured us that we should just take the payment invoice from the hotel and then they will reimburse us the difference. We sent the invoice to booking, and now they are saying that the hotel has charged us the OFFICIAL RATES and that they cannot do anything. Seriously? then everything written on booking.com is just a bull$#*! and you can just go the hotel and get a rack rate. Never ever use the again. Lots of friends around with booking.com (double charge, problematic cancellation even though rate is fully refundable, etc).

pauletteh4
11/19/14

Watch the small print. Tried to cancel my hotel reservations 24 hours in advance, as per hotel policy. However, hotel told me since I booked through booking.com I had to cancel through them but it would be "no problem" since I was canceling more than 24 hours ahead. Well, lo and behold booking.com had no options but to cancel electronically and they charged me the full cost of all four rooms booked because I didn't cancel 48 hours in advance. I attempted to call the customer service phone number listed but the call kept dropping and I could get no help. Moral of the story, I won't book through them again. Had I noticed they were out of the US I wouldn't have done business with them to start with.

Tip for consumers: Tip, don't use booking.com.

charlesc54
11/18/14

I put one star only because there's no option of 0 stars! Anyway, I was in some Canadian city and I had to stay the night there and head back to my city the following morning.
1. I booked my room at round 9pm and received confirmation email of the same.
2. arrived at the hotel around 12:15 am, with my wife and the two kids sleeping in the car
3. was told there's no booking under my name and the hotel was already sold out
4. called booking.com from the hotel and was told they would contact the hotel, to verify, and if it's true, what I said, it's the hotel's mistake but they would find me a hotel nearby.
5. after at least an hour and half they found me a hotel, and the truth I had already decided to drive the night to my city.
6. I told them they should accommodate me for free now since damage's already done but they say I can request this after my stay at the new hotel.
7. I felt insulted and followed through with my decision to head back to my city, which is 3 hours drive.
LESSON LEARNED. Stay away from booking.com

zaklinag
11/18/14

In october I made reservation in hotel Mirabeau,Bellagio Como lake. from 21.06 to 23.06.2015.It was free cancellation room before june 2015. I got confirmation booking number is 198415742.Later we noticed that the whole price of reservation was charged from credit card and contact the customer care service,send them bank statement..We spoke with the owner of the hotel who told us that he recharged the money and booking com. should refund us.Several e-mails send to customer relation service by they don't reply to us any more like we didn't exist

lynnp26
11/17/14

Don't go there booked.a.hotel through them and ended up in a dump.in another part of the city.this was in September have sent numerous emails.with.photos attached but keep getting told.they haven't received the pics!!, amazing when I've sent the email to 3 different people anf they didn't have a problem receiving it!, disgusting company and customer service. What was supposed to be a surprise birthday present for my fiance turned into our worse nightmare

Tip for consumers: Don't use these people

huseyink
11/17/14

Booking.com absolutely is not functional anymore. I'm genius customer and I am making near 4 reservations for month however last week I booked hotel in Baku they say they are overbooked and booking did not help us to solve this problem, we spoke with hotel and try to stay there. And two days ago again I did reservation in Chisinau again hotel was overbooked and I call to customer service 6 times to solve this problem. (They have just international customer service number so you have to pay 2 euro for each minute) They even did not help again. They offer awful hotels which is not in center. Again I found another hotel and stay there.

yvettel3
11/17/14

I used booking.com for my trip to Israel in November of 2014 and i should have checked tfull review of this site before using them. I booked a double room through them at En Gedi kibbutz and their description of the room booked was not what i say when i got there. They stated that i would be getting a room with a seating are over looking a garden but i got a jail cell box. Please see first two pics. For my stay in Jerusalem they said that i would get room with a mini bar and a fridge but all i got was a room with two single beds and a tv. Attempts made to contact them proved futile see third photo. Clearly there is no mini bar or fridge.

Tip for consumers: DON'T use your real credit card;instead use a disposable one that way if there's no money on it they can't charge excess. Use the site to view but call the hotels or Google their name and book through them

kimb386
11/16/14

I just went on a trip and used Booking for some of the rooms. Once home I am being charged for rooms where I did indeed stay as booked. They are saying I did not stay there. I have provided time date stamped pictures inside the room, and much more info. Nope not good enough. In reply to the email telling them I paid cash as requested by the hotel (It was in Mexico) they asked again for a CC receipt.. Don't do it, use another site. This is a scam.

Tip for consumers: My tip to using this site is DON"T!! If you do keep every receipt, as they will settle for nothing else and I am not sure that would even work, I have read where it won't.

juanitad3
11/14/14

I recently used booking.com to reserve 6 nights at what they referred to as a hotel on their website. It was actually a condo and booking.com gave the condo apartment owner my confidential credit card information. Although a one night's deposit was not charged to my credit card, as per the information on the website, I noticed the listing was removed from booking.com. I called to ask why and they said the lister chose not to deal with booking.com any longer. Seeing there were no reviews for this property, I asked if anyone had stayed at this property to date, to which they replied no. Then I asked if my reservation was still good and they said yes and told me other people also had future reservations for this place. I became suspicious and decided to cancel. A few days later I called my credit card company to make sure no deposit went through and to my surprise they informed me there was a fraudulent charge for over $300 for a Target purchase from New York. Guess where the booking.com listing I cancelled was for-- New York!!! It appears because booking.com gave my personal credit card info to the person who had listed their condo unit, this person was able to use it to make a purchase!!! The property was Laguna in New Jersey. Is there anyone else out there who had this experience and if so can you write about it here as well. Thanks

ayshaz
11/13/14

Worst site ever...cheaters. Dont trust this website. They actually dont give you any discounts. I recently booked a hotel in dubai thinking that booking.com discounted price was lesser than the hotel rate but when i went to the hotel i found out that hotel rates including breakfast was more cheaper than the rate i had paid for booking.coim which didnt even include breakfast nor any free cancellation policy whereas booking directly at the hotels is much more cheaper and can be cancelled any time and free upgrades too. I even checked at many hotels with their rates and they were actually more cheaper than booking.com. So dear all please book your hotel rooms directly instead going through booking.com. I will never ever book through this rubbish fake site. I wil make awareness of my experiences with booking.com to the entire world throughinternet, newspapers, magazines and word of mout. Pls share this message with all u love so that they wlnt be cheated too like how i was.
Thanks.
For any proofs please email me on aysha.zer077@gmail.com
Thanks

elizabethm64
11/10/14

Booked apt with booking.com cancelled within 24hrs and have had nothing but hassle trying to get my refund apts say they never charged my account but they took £356.96 the day after it was booked and are still saying they didnt booking.com are a nitemare to deal with you get cut off or put on hold and no one helps i have sent all the proof to them that they asked for
confirmation of it showing on my credit card statement email from paypal that it was paid and all i get is wait another few days money has been out my account since 23rd oct this is now 10th nov and still nothing i have never had such a terrible experience with a company before an would never go near them again so be warned

toms131
11/6/14

I booked a hotel (Gasthof 't Zweerd in Ypres) via Booking.com

It turned out that the hotel was not as described on the Booking.com website (dirty, smelly and damp). Obviously I had no choice but to find another hotel and so agreed with the manager that we would not stay.

On return to the UK I discover that the hotel had taken monies from my bank card (because booking.com had given the details to them).

Booking.com have completely failed to safeguard my family from an unscrupulous hotel that not only isn't as it describes on its site but has stolen money from me.

Avoid this company if you value support and online safety.

Tip for consumers: Be aware that Booking.com give your credit card details to the hotel directly! And that if anything goes wrong Booking.com will not help you.

samanthal24
11/5/14

Terrible. Booked a hotel for 4 nights for November. Cancelled 24 hours later. Received cancellation note. 6 days later they took my deposit money. Despite my complaints they have not returned it although full refundable as they cannot find the booking. Even though they have all details, emails, names, dates I just cannot find the reservation number. They have had my money for 5 weeks. Never again. Still waiting for the money back.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Booking.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: When I left Crossroads Best Western Motel in Indianapolis in I gave the hotel a good rating, other than the average breakfast. When my credit card bill came I had been additionally charged $219. for a room I did not use. They first said their auditors would look into it. Nothing. Then they said it was a Booking.com problem. Nothing. I called back ten days or so was told he would look into it. A third call with anger in my voice got action. I have been refunded my money. It took too many weeks and calls by me. All the manage wanted was to get his $20 fee back from Booking for the reservation, and put my need at the bottom of his list. Was it indeed a Booking.com mistake? You took the blame.
9/11/13
guyp9
A: We booked a 4 star hotel in brugge through booking .com on arrival at hotel and after sitting around for over 2 hours we were told the hotel had over booked.The recepionist then called another local hotel which we had no choice but to stay in even though it was a 3 star in not as good a location for the same price.Surely we are entiltled to a full refund?
2/11/13
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Booking.com staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

1 Coupon for Booking.com

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Booking.com to save!
Go to Booking.com