Review of Zoosk

termsofuse@zoosk.com
2018 Customer choice award

jessicar6
1/2/12

Horrible site. fake accounts. and you have to pay to talk. Stick to the 100% free sites like pof.com or jacobphilips.com

davep10
11/30/11

In fairness to any business, you can't call it a scam unless it promises something that it can't or won't deliver when you pay for it. All Zoosk promises, as far as I know, is the privilege of messaging other members.
The fact that they charge much more than competitive dating sites for this privilege doesn't make them dishonest: just stupid.

darmons
11/29/11

Do not join zoosk.com. If you join zoosk, you can only legibly contact other PAYING members of zoosk only. When you send a message, there's a certain cut off point that only allows you to see 10 characters. The other person has to pay in order to see the rest of the message. Total scam. This website is a disgrace.

snowm
9/15/11

no support whatsoever, even for a paid member.

polksalada
9/6/11

It has taken me years and a lot of wasted paper to finally figure out the simple truth: dating websites are totally wack! I have met more losers, weirdoes, and enough diagnostic facility candidates on these cheesy rip-off sites to fill an entire city. These sites are filled with way too many single women with young children and mismatched baby-daddies nowhere to be found and too many Dexter-looking dudes who still live in Big Momma's basement. Just do it the way folks did it in the old times: meet people on the same dusty roads you travel. If you want to meet someone nice, go to nice, educational places. Stay out of clubs and happy hour; nothing but pot-bellied, pee-smelling drunks and floozies dressed like cheesy sexworkers with too much Ronald McDonald makeup. Dating websites like Zoosk, e-Harmony, and Match.com are just legalized organized crime units. Shame on them!

ianw5
7/25/11

I am a free user on zoosk, I think as other users have found out that zoosk.com is all a PURE SCAM and the whole think is geared up just to get your credit card details.

I had a user contact me, she has a attractive profile picture, but as a free user I could only read first 2 words of her message and to read the rest I need to paid.

Obviously I think she is attractive and would like to find out more, and this is how they get you hooked! I would need to pay to read her message. (I am guessing like someone on here said that if I did pay, soon after I do her profile will disappear from the site.

On clicking on her attractive profile image and reading her profile I soon had my doubts about it being genuine. The profile description did not sound right, with a poor use of english and dumb responses to questions, it did not sound like english was not her native language. Her answer for a first date was 'love and happiness!'

You want the person that contacted you to be real, you really do, but it does not stack up.

To confirm this I did a search on zoosk in my local area and found 2 profiles using the same profile image of the girl who contacted me.
Both profiles used the same profile photo of the attractive girl but they bothe had different dates of birth, different locations (same county) and different education details. One had degree, the other just college. I think they have slipped up here and this only confirms to me that the people working at zoosk create false accounts probably using peoples facebook images without their permission to lure people into subscribing so they can read and respond to the fake user.

I also found that the zoosk site lies about the status updates of users that appear on the sites home page. I have regularly viewed a profile I was interested in and that person has never updated their info yet the zoosk homepage says user has made an update to a part of their profile.

BE CAREFUL, ZOOSK seems bad news, I believe it is diss-honestly going about its business and do not think, like me that just because it has a TV advert it is safe, it is a SCAM business!

joell4
7/16/11

try to reply to a message sent to you and all they say is to subscribe ,i have a 6 month subscription,what gives,this site sucks.

suzannem5
7/15/11

It looked okay and I subscribed for 1 month. I made sure I selected the option for continuous payments NOT to be taken, having had my fingers burnt before I'd learned my lesson. Yet they still took THREE months payments without my permission. They wouldn't respond to any emails when I requested my money back. To test their system I sent an email asking about how to subscribe and I got a reply to that in 24 hrs.The fact that they didn't put 2 and 2 together in that one day I'm emailing for money back and the next about how to subscribe and they didn't realise this just goes to show how badly run this business.

lesterc1
6/19/11

Most of the people on this site do not even bother to answer letters (I didn't bother with those silly "flirts".) And good luck trying to leave, I had to go to my bank and have the nice lady there cancel the deduction from my checking account!

hoh
4/11/11

I think I will NEVER get near Zoosk every again! I did subscribe it as a trial. But even thought I have canceled my subscription 2 days before their system can auto-renew, I am still being charged for another 3 months!!!!! WTF! GET OUT OF THIS SITE! SCAM!

jims26
4/4/11

I subscribed, beleiving, according to their advertizement, that after I paid for a subscription, that I would be able to email and talk with others. Only to learn after paying, that The other person, also, had to be a subscriber as well. If not, no communication. this is wrong. There is no way to know this, until after one pays. Jim

laurenr4
4/1/11

Zoosk is a scam! Stay away!!! They add additional charges to your account and will not refund them. Their customer service is a joke and for all intensive purposes is non-existent! Scam. Scam. Scam. Save yourself a lot of hassle and stay away!!!

mariob1
3/21/11

This site is a totoal scam to get your money. Don't do it!! they block all your request and messages to people and when you finally meet someone they all of a sudden are no longer a Zoosk user and you can not contact them or even see past messages. Zoosk is a fraud. Stay away from Zoosk!!!!!

heidid1
3/7/11

They get you in with being able to start conversations then block you till you pay a start up fee and a month of service. they don't ask any personal questions, not even what you are looking for! I AM A WOMEN AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS SITE TO ANY WOMEN!

paulm32
2/12/11

Zoosk is a scam, plain & simple. Not just because you have to eventually pay if you find someone worthwhile. But there's plenty of decoy/fake accounts made by the Zoosk site to lure men into upgrading. When you finally upgrade and try to communicate you find out it's a decoy, (there's not really a pretty girl behind it). I thought I'd test the waters & insult several of these girls after not getting responses. What happened next proved my theory. I received winks from those phony accounts. Unbelievable!! STAY WAY PEOPLE FROM THIS SITE!! It's a ripoff. Also, if you sign up for a month only, make sure you cancel it before it's up or else they'll keep charging you until you do so. Another scam method by these crooks.

kaylav
2/7/11

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT go to this site if you think it is 100% free.
Why do things advertise that they are free when they're not. I signed up, created my profile, went searching, and during ALL of that, not once did this site tell me I had to pay anything. Until i found a guy i thought was cute...winked at him and he messaged me. When i messaged back it said i couldn't because i would have to subscribe?! WTF? And the guy message me his number because i didn't message back and it WOULDN'T LET ME SEE THE WHOLE MESSAGE!! I could have really connected with this guy...oh well, it's not important enough to pay $30 for a month. Are you kidding! Extremely unsatisfied with this site. It, sorry, SUCKS!

sarahl10
2/5/11

See the same people over and over - no way of simply saying "Not interested" - only option is to "report" the other person.

Matches don't fit search specs 100%, eg. people without photos kept appearing in my search.

WAY too expensive for what it is - doesn't even come close to Match.

Too many problems to mention.

And it's the only thing I've signed up to recently, and since I deactivated my account I get at least 50 spam emails EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They all mention zoosk or sex. Very annoying.

jc18
1/28/11

Don't Waste Your Time!!! Zoosk lures you in with their commercials, online banners, etc... letting you think that it's a FREE DATING SITE!!! IT MOST CERTAINLY IS NOT A FREE SITE... oh, it's Free to sign up and set up a profile... it's Free to browse the other profiles... It's even Free to send "Flirts" such as a "Wink"!! But, that's the basis of it... because if anyone sends you an email, well in order to read that email, you are prompted to Subscribe!!! Quite Frankly, I think their advertising is very DECEPTIVE!!

If you want a TRUE FREE DATING SITE.... check out Plenty of Fish!! That site is truly FREE and you can actually email back and forth without restrictions!! They even allow you to chat with others!! So again... if you want FREE.... go to plentyoffish.com

neill1
1/25/11

I signed up for zoosk to just see what kind of questions they ask for a profile. I never paid, didn't like it, never contacted anybody, and finally found the cancel account.
That was over a year ago. No matter how many times they spam me (and I'm not even single, for several months now) on my yahoo account I click unsubscribe and it never happens.
I goto Zoosk.com and hit contact and fill out a form... and am never answered (until today I got an auto reply after cursing in the subject line: Take me, my pics, my info, everything the ____ out of your databse).
I am seriously having heart pain over this. I would like to be violent with those who choose this spam-ology. Like I said, I did sign up, but before I was even done creating a profile I was like, "Not for me." They have never respected a "Leave me alone and lose my info request.
I'm hoping BBB will help (but it didn't with Zynga - which, notably, was also through FaceBook).

denisew6
1/16/11

Scammers galore! DO NOT SUBSCRIBE or go anywhere near Zoosk. I have been contacted so many times by foreigners who pretend to be local. They usually want to chat with you on Yahoo. They are usually "out of the country" for a few weeks, are VERY complimentary with the honey, dear and only a one-woman man crap. DO not subscribe. RUN

dmaca
12/25/10

These sites have many fake profiles submitted by employees, and they take pictures of other highly attractive people, and build too good to be true profiles
then post them. It is done to give you a false sense hope that these people are real and you may have a chance with them. Try finding a real attractive person, give them a flirt at a unusual hour. 7:00 in the morning, or during the time when most people are sleeping, and see how fast the automatic respose comes back. That is how they hook you. "It's an automatic program!" Also there are Scammers allowed to be on these sites with fake profiles comming from overseas to prey on desperate, and convince them to send personal info, and even money. For a plane ticket, or even to help them with a dying child who needs money for a kidney.
"BULL CRAP!" If you use these sites always get to know where the local profiles are comming from, and ask what part of town they live on, or quiz them on locations. and be aware of bad grammer, or answers that don't make sense to to your questions."SCAMMER!" And one more thing. Would a really attractive person that looks as if they could pass for a model, and have a masters degree, no children, never been married, age 30. be on a dating site. hmmm "BULLLL CRAP!"

jamest8
12/12/10

I THINK THEY STINK. THEY SENT A TEXT TO MY CELL PHONE WITH A PROMO CODE. I DO NOT BELONG TO ZOOSK AND THIS CAUSED A MAJOR TRUST ISSUE WITH MY WIFE AND I. IF I CAN SUE I WILL.

marka15
12/1/10

good idea but there are too expensive and charge for everythig
and they should work more on their design
the same facebook dating you can get at facebooklove. com
and its totaly free so why bother with zoosk

conniem1
11/15/10

I met a guy on this Singles dating sitesite who came across as a nice person until he came to dinner one night and Stole my pills and then just kept asking for money. I gave him a total of $400.00. I felt sorry for him until I realized it was all a scam. He preys on older, single, lonely women. Is there anything I can do to get my money back. I am disabled and on disability. I don't make enough money to make ends meet. Can someone please help me.

hiltonc
10/30/10

A rippoff! Everthing that anyone has read so far has happened to me."scientific matching" with trolls or obvious scammers that don't even have a basic command of the language. And every one wants me to contact them thru other email carriers, yahoo, facebook etc.Zoosk won't get another $30.00 from me. I can't wait to experience the abortion of unsubscribing.

1,170 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Most of the profiles are fake. PROOF: After 26 days, I deleted all of the information and pictures on my profile and canceled but my subscription still had 4 more days. Each of those four days, I had numerous messages from women wanting to talk with me and each message then had an overlay telling me that it wasn't too late to change my mind about cancelling. Zoosk IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Herman M.

NO MA'AM IT IS NOT. In fact I only used the coins when I could get them for free. Under the system that's no longer possible. Nobody takes that sort of thing seriously, and for a woman it's even less relevant.

By Kevin W.

They aren't really viewing your profile...Zoosk populates your Views with people to make you think you are popular, so you will frequent the site. Zoosk is deceptive and playing games with your emotions!

By Don J.

Most of the profiles in Zoosk aren't even current, so what you are seeing are basically phantom profiles. For instance, once you decide not to renew your profile, they keep your profile up anway [instead of taking it down] and they use it sending out mechanical greetings attached to your profile to unsuspecting members. In other words, don't be expecting anyone to even write back. Chances are you will be communicating with an old profile that has expired a long time ago.

By Ray S.

Chances are you're sending a message to someone that was a member long ago and isn't registered any longer. Zoosk is a total scam.

By tom r.

I believe it is. But how safe is the internet these days. Just don't be quick to give too much information too soon you will know when its right to share. Good luck

By Anthony H.

Yep, you gotta pay for the subscription!

By Mel D.

Just a damm good money making machine imho who the hell os going to go 300 miles plus for a date and the majority of profiles are expired but kept on to look like they are active save your money mate

By barry s.

I'm not sure. When I signed up, I thought it was only going to cost $29.99 for 3 months. When I got to the end they wanted to charge another fee, I think for processing or something. I backed out. Later I got an e-mail telling me that the fee was dropped. I did meet one man, he was nice, but wasn't for me.

By Debbie P.

I am a paid member and I keep getting the same thing. I don't get it either. It is usually after I message them and have have view my profile. I get a message at the lower left portion of my screen and click on it, and it takes to where you do the messaging, but there is NO WAY to accept the messaging. And I never get a message from that person! The Zoosk message that initially pops up saying that " " wants to chat with you just goes away and you are left wondering what the HELL just happened. I know your problem. It is infuriating!

By Justin B.
Questions? Get answers from the Zoosk staff and other customers.

Zoosk?