Review of Zinio

Zinio reviews

neilm127
9/23/18

40%off subscriptions "offer" turned into a bad deal as they Charged in usd despite the fact it was not stipulated and , any purchases in the past , have been cad charged. Their own policy states it will be charged in the currency of the cc . I have noticed a deteriation of both how it works and what works in recent years. They are ignoring my requests for a refund - this is now a cc co dispute item - what a pain. It is just a form of fraud. They have permanently lost a client .........

josep149
9/17/18

After finding that my magazines were not downloading I upgraded the apps on both my Android tablet and my Surface. Now magazines download but they freeze constantly and can't be read offline. Customer support is non-existant. Luckily all 5 of my subscriptions expire within 2 months. I will not be renewing .....

deanb86
4/7/18

If you have windows and a touch screen Zinio have made their reader unusable. I have been a subscriber for years and have recently been forced to upgrade from ZR2, which worked competantly with a touchscreen, to ZR5. When I say forced I mean there was no customer service email informing me that ZR2 would be discontinued. ZR2 is still current in the Microsoft Store. I only found out ZR2 was discontinued after I couldnt read my subscriptions for 3 weeks and began to investigate. ZR5 is slow even on my top-of-the-line MS surface book, can only be used semi-effectively with a track pad, and has nearly zero touch screen functionality. For example, no touchscreen pinch-to-zoom support! Cmon guys! Move into this century will you! What is the point of digital subscription if the reader is unusable? Sack your software development MANAGEMENT team (not the coders). I will be cancelling my subscriptions. Zinio is now awful. Don't even consider it if you want a comfortable reading experience.

rickb122
4/3/18

You can't call them with questions, and you will have questions about signing in and billing. They make you fill out long form with your question. They claim to have live chat but they are always "busy" so they are unavailable.

dominicg
9/25/17

A really good selection of magazines from around the world. Prices were pretty good and they have some ok viewing options.

brendam132
2/25/17

Google Music is an online music store and has a world collection of every genre I can think of. Im not a musician but they certainly have met all my music needs. Prices are average to high. But I can easily find what Im looking for and I have a subscription that gives me full access to listen to anything without buying it and play anything there over and over. Costs $10.61 per month, thats with tax. If you try it you will love the simplicity and ease of use they offer.

lisad190
1/22/17

Had Zinio pass for years. In past year, trouble swapping out magazines. Now have been billled for 4 months with no magazines. Now customer service tells me that they've actually discontinued the service, but no refunds because that's their policy. So.. they discontinued the service... didn't let customers know ... continue to collect for the discontinued service ... and now tell me that there's no refund because I didn't cancel!?! So dishonest.

terryc78
10/7/16

3 mags for $5 given other sites and options such as Texture this companies approach is a ripoff

erikg26
8/21/16

Kind of laggy

susanr109
Susan R.
5/13/16

Every subscription I'd want, including the celeb trash ones (haha) is available on Zinio. Who wouldn't want to just flip from magazine to magazine on your phone? I love it!

margaretg50
Margaret G.
3/2/16

Zinio is my favorite way to read all my magazines. It's so easy to use!

frankn32
Frank N.
2/24/16

I love having all my magazine subscriptions in one place. I travel a lot and I love being able to read magazines on my phone/laptop/ipad.

andrewn28
2/13/16

I have used Zinio for the better part of three years. Slowly but surely this site has Crept down the path of doo-doo-dumb. Their CC processor is total crapware. I don't know who manages their site but they should be fired. In the past four days, I have attempted to make purchase with FOUR different Credit Cards, and I keep getting: There was a problem with your Credit Card message. Perhaps I could understand that I put in the wrong information the First time, albeit maybe even the Second time... But when you follow the instructions word for word on a site on how to update your cc information, and you do it, then you would expect it to work right? Wrong, not with this site. Also, it used to be so easy to use Zinio, they accepted Paypal, now they don't. Anyway, I am so done with Zinio. Going to see if I can buy directly from the Magazines sites from now on or do without.

te4666
12/30/15

Zinio used to be much more flexible and now is far too restricted. App is very dissapointting.

robertl214
Robert L.
9/3/15

I used to get 10+ magazines delivered to my house monthly! Thats a lot of paper and a lot of waste! I love having my magazines as digital downloads now. I don't have to feel guilty about throwing away all that paper every month!

regd4
7/15/15

Nice content, I like it)

pedroc16
3/6/15

You can't download it directly from the Amazon app. store....yet. So what you have to do is go to the ZINIO website on your FIRE - NOT ON YOUR COMPUTER. Once at the Zinio website. In the upper right hand corner, locate the HELP tab. Click on the HELP tab to find directions for downloading and installing the app to/on your FIRE. From here on it's pretty easy.

charlotter6
10/2/14

From McDonald's Monopoly I peeled off the sticker and it said a 3 month subscription to Zinio. I chose the It girl mag for Oct, Nov and Dec. I have already got Oct and Nov. They are really good and interesting. But one con, it sent me an email and gave me a $10 voucher but I can't use it.

Tip for consumers: GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

charlesb61
6/14/14

I recently purchased a new android phone which included a $50 voucher for Zinio. I followed all of the instructions and submitted my request for the magazines and received a message that I would get an e-mail in 24 to 72 hours when the magazines were loaded and ready to view. The only e-mail I ever got was one trying to sell me more magazines.
I then called the tech support # in the brochure and got a recorded message that there were no tech reps manning the phones at this time. From there I tried the chat with tech support feature and received a message that the problem could not be resolved using the chat feature and the session was terminated.
In short, I'm stuck with a $50 voucher that doesn't work and no means of tech support.

rodg
8/12/10

Awhile back I got a free subscription to a Sound and Vision on Zinio for my laptop and I rarely ever used it. I didn't really see a need for it and I wasn't sure who would buy a subscription to a magazine for a laptop as it was so much easier to read a real version of it. 2 years later someone gifts me an ipad for my bday and Now I see the beauty of Zinio. I don't want any more paper magazine subscriptions...I only want digital downloads via Zinio... they even have ipad interactive content.

21 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Zinio staff and other customers.

Zinio?