Review of ZillionDesigns

Tel: 877-525-5646
support@zilliondesigns.com

angryd3
4/17/19

I signed up for the site to submit a logo to a competition only to find that you can't submit to existing competitions, only to new competitions. What's the point of that? I signed up specifically to submit a logo to an existing competition. Their customer "service" people say this is not something they will change and is to "protect" designers, but I fail to see how. Their product and website is a joke riddled with typos and confusing UX. Lots of reports of designers not getting paid after participating in a contest, even if they somehow managed to submit a design in the first place. Save yourself a lot of time, money and aggravation by using https://99designs.com/ or https://www.designcrowd.com/ or really ANY company other than this one!

srgv1
6/30/18

I'm a designer and I've joined zilliondesigns wayback when it was still mycroburst. Things seem to have changed since then, especially when it comes to abandoned guaranteed projects and in keeping up with some of their supposed policies favorable to designers. They used to strictly implement their policy of awarding abandoned guaranteed project to designers who got the best ratings from the client or the choice of zilliondesigns panel, after the timeline for the project holder to choose a winner has expired. But in recent times, totally abandoned guaranteed projects are simply closed and no awarding to designers. It's a guaranteed project and yet when they do this, the money simply goes to zilliondesigns, not to the designer(s) who worked hard on the project. Absolutely unfair. It's time for them to re-look at this policy and be fair to the designers not only to the clients. Without the designers, zilliondesigns would have no business.

justisr
12/13/16

I was referred to zilliondesigns.com by another individual, within minutes of creating a project and turning down the upgrades, I received a call from a rep. He said if I purchase anyone of the upgrades, then I could get all of them. Of course I went for the cheapest upgrade the $15 guarantee. Nothing was addressed over the phone about policy and it doesn't state on the site next to the guarantee while you are checking out that this means you will not be able to get a refund. But it does state you can get a refund.

For 7 days we got flooded with 323 submissions. Of the 323 submissions ONLY 5 designers took note of our requests and guidelines. We are a dog food company. Contestants issued numerous designs with CATS in the logo. All of the designers were addressed with stars and comments from me personally. I gave not only individuals guidelines to follow but also left 2 messages on the community board. However that never seemed to work. How more specific can Font type: MODERN, BOLD, FUN, Non-CURSIVE nor Curved ... can be? More submissions with cursive and curved fonts appeared in the competition.

I gave star ratings from 1 to 3.

During the contest I received a call from my rep, he asked how the contest was going. I told him we were not happy with the submissions. The quality of work is amateur and the community are not complying to our requests. He actually agreed with me and said if we extended the competition, he would reach out to designers who have won multiple contests. Well, that never happened. And he also said if we are not happy then a refund would be issued.

Upon the end of the competition, I called and mentioned how unsatisfied my company was with the submissions and the fact that the community did not follow the guidelines we requested.

He said well we can't issue an refund because it's a guaranteed contest. Meaning you guaranteed you would select a winner. And you must. I repeated why we wouldn't be selecting a winner ... NONE of the designs were of the quality we were looking for and out of the 323 submissions only 5 designers attempted to follow the guidelines and of the 5 designers only 1 took respectable notes however it still wasn't up to the standards we were hoping to achieve.

The site guarantees that it offers the best designers and we will be happy. It failed in providing our company with those designers and we are not happy.

Beware of rating stars. If you rate stars like the suggest, they use that against you when you say you didn't like the designs. If you do NOT rate with stars, they also use that against you saying you didn't communicate with the designers if their design was good or not.

I did everything:

1. Rated STARS
2. Left personal messages with more direction with designers (good or bad)
3. Left 2 messages on the community board for new designers and old designers to review before submitting
4. Supplied the community with very simple and helpful directions to try to achieve the logo we wanted.

Non of that worked!

The Manager Syed Ali sent us an email and this is what was stated:

Hi Justis,

Its sad to know you did not like any of the designs. I can fully understand your concern and apologize for any inconvenience caused. However, I have noticed that you have received 323 designs from more than 40 designers. Also you provided high star ratings that shows likeness towards designs. Our design community worked so hard and followed your instructions throughout the project.

Unfortunately, as per our terms and conditions http://www.zilliondesigns.com/terms section 3 clause H (a) Guaranteed Contests. Contest Holder/Client agrees to select a winning draft if they opt-in for a guaranteed contest, within seven (7) days from the end of their project. Refund will not be issued for a guaranteed contest whether it is just launched or created new.

Since it was as first time you used our services therefore, we can make an exception in your case and can offer you the following.

1. We can offer you a new project with the same prize money.
2. You can keep this amount as a store credit for six months.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed further so that I can inform the relevant department.

Also find below email that was sent to you from John about your project which also included explanation about guaranteed upgrade.

--------

NOTE again ... the Guaranteed policy is listed on the TERMS page of site. I was in the checkout page and the sales rep manipulated me into purchases a guaranteed upgrade.

The email sent to me ... after I already paid and it says even in the email cannot get a refund if it was just created.

-------------------

This site is more concerned with collecting money and running than truly providing customer satisfaction and assurance.

DO NOT USE

shakeelv
5/12/16

I found this site through Google and within 5/10 minutes of my registration someone called me from 9852833038 claiming he was calling from US. He started offering me addons, which I promptly refused. I further suggested to the man if the site could take 50% now and 50% when I'm done with the contest. Suddenly he became arrogant and the tone changed. He started telling me that they are in business for 15 years and I shouldn't question their policies. I told him it's just a suggestion. I'm based in Kuwait and it was past midnight, the guy started saying "why are you on our website if you want something free?" I never said anything about freebies during my conversation. Later on the guy turned racial and said that he knows I'm an Asian and was looking for something free. I asked him how can he make that assumption? I've never touched Booz in my life and the guy accuses me of being drunk. I disconnected the line. He call me again in 5 mins from another number 9012001919 and asks me why did you disconnect the phone? I told him it my phone and I decide if I should talk or disconnect. He goes to the extent of telling me that I don't have guts and wasn't brave enough to face whatever nonsense he was talking.

During my first call I asked him if the call was recorded? He said yes. I told him I want to register a complaint against him. He tells me why should I tell you my name? You're not our customer.

I'm sure with this attitude, you'll not be getting many customers.

aweh
4/25/16

i have two times not getting paid,client said no problems about source files,and i think no problems about the source files,it works.i have already proof it..but i never know,why this site decline and did not pay my designs..no response anymore,no email reply..
how can this happen i don't know.
For the peoples who submit designs in this contest,please beware for your source files.
if you don't pay attention, you will got lost your money..

regards

daves161
2/11/16

I initially found zilliondesigns.com via a search engine, and started an application for a custom logo presentation. Within 1-2 minutes of creating my customer profile, I had a gentleman calling my cell phone (7:45 EST) offering me special discounts and asking for my credit card number! I declined, and he was nice enough to send me a URL link for payment 30 seconds later. However, I felt the need to do more research given how quickly his approach went from "hello" to "I'm ready for your credit card information..." and it seems there are several unhappy customers. it has been 5 hours since I spoke to them, and I have already received two additional reminder emails asking for payment.

It seems as though their priority is collecting payments... I will pass on this company, but seemingly with ALL online "logo creation" companies, it seems the are high pressure to buy, but low pressure to actually deliver. Buyer beware.

Questions? Get answers from the ZillionDesigns staff and other customers.

ZillionDesigns?