Review of Xyron

Suggest Category

1 Review From Our Community

roseannz
4/25/18

Xyron makes a sticker-maker machine that makes edge to edge adhesive on any flat sticker you put into the machine. The machine works without batteries or electricity-just by turning a handle. The roll of adhesive is 18 feet long. WHEN IT WORKS, it is a great machine, but in my experience with the Xyron 500 EN 5" (the width of the machine), it works less than 67% of the time. If you buy the machine, GO TO AMAZON TO DO SO-DO NOT BUY FROM XYRON! If you buy from Amazon, you have some hope of a replacement or solution if the machine or cartridge breaks (right away). I purchased a machine from Xyron, and immediately, on the first turn of the handle, the cartridge tore. There is no way to put it back together. I contacted Xyron, and it was equivalent to a Federal Investigation for me to attempt to get a new machine! I took pictures of the defect and had to email the representative in customer service numerous times, with things like lot numbers, etc. Finally, after about a month, they did not replace the machine, but they did give me a new cartridge. I make handmade greeting cards and use stickers a lot. All that month, I couldn't make one sticker. It was unbelievable all the fuss I went through when obviously at least the cartridge was defective. Amazon gives much better service than Zyron gives! I have found that these sticker maker machines' cartridges or the handle of the machine do NOT work (or they tear) in over 30% of the machines and/or cartridges. They tear right away most often. I'm a college graduate and an RN, so I know how to insert a simple cartridge which only goes in one way.
As I said, when the whole thing works, it puts adhesive on the bottom of whatever piece of paper you want to use as a sticker. Too bad it often doesn't work. If you want a fair resolution of the machine's breaking down, buy it from Amazon.

Questions? Get answers from the Xyron staff and other customers.

Xyron?