Review of Xtralights

Tel: 888-954-4482
admin@xtralights.com

angelod15
2/18/15

No support from the customer service at XTRALIGHTS. Just towed the party line with the 90 day warranty. Very disappointing after having spent close to $400. Plus they are LEDs and they never burn. These did. Very poor quality product.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your money on buying from XTRALIGHTS. They are a waste of time and hard earned money.

wesa4
2/12/15

They are misleading, Subzero is not a company in California not even registered. they sell product they claim is made in USA or Assembled in the USA not true. I paid extra for made in the USA and when I received product it was just like the rest of the imported stuff and twice the price. even the instruction book was exactly the same as the imported stuff. They claimed to us Philips lumileds but the product had Cree LED's just like the imported stuff. They are fake and misleading to consumer buyer beware.

Tip for consumers: Remember if they send you wrong thing you have to pay a 20% restocking fee. also look up the return address, it is a house in a residential area not a business. Scammers

mattp35
12/30/14

BY FAR the WORST customer service experience I've ever had!!

I ordered a set of headlights on Nov. 5 and ended up cancelling the order the same day. Even though the product never left their warehouse, I was still charged for the order. It is now Dec. 30 and I just now received my money back thanks to PayPal. I had to file a claim through PayPal in which they ruled in my favor and had to physically take the money back from them in order for me to receive my refund. Absolutely ridiculous!!

I was assured by their customer service dept. AND even a couple of "supervisors" about 8 different times that the refund would be processed in 1 - 3 business days. Nothing ever came of this. I then emailed everybody listed on the website asking for help with this and was assured, yet again, that it was being handled. As you can guess, nothing came of this either.

If it wasn't for PayPal, I wouldn't be receiving my $300+ back. DO NOT BUY FROM XTRALIGHTS!!! EVERRRRRRRRR.

Tip for consumers: If you're silly enough to still order from them after reading this review, then be ABSOLUTELY SURE that you're not going to return the product because you will not get your money back, I promise.

stevenr64
12/22/14

The initial purchase and delivery wentry great, but after only 5 months of use my left headlight went out. After investigating, the left headlight socket melted. The cheap parts in production aren't the issue though, it was the lack of support, I contacted the support department in regards to my issue, I got good correspondence until they saw the melted socket, from that point on I never got an email returned. Two support email requests later I still haven't head anything. I ended up getting a replacement socket and splicing it in myself...now my headlight works....no thanks to xtralights....

esarm
12/13/14

Like the majority of reviews on this site against Xtralights, I too have been dealing with unprofessional rude customer service on the phone after my request for a refund on a product they failed to mention was on backorder. I didn't find out that it was on back order until I called inquiring about the staus on a product that was scheduled to arrive a week earlier. When I called a girl who at first sounded as if she was stating her name as "Jes" but quickly changed it to "Nicole" said nobody was available because everyone was out to lunch except her and another customer service/sales rep. I told her I wanted a refund and explained I used two credit cards to make the purchase on a product and "Nicole" said she will transfer me to accounting. However, the transfer lead to a straight disconnection. I called back thinking it was an honest mistake but she began giving me attitude claiming accounting is out to lunch too. I expressed my concern about no solid information (confirmation or reference number) reassuring me that a refund was indeed noted but her attitude escalated to rude and unprofessional telling me "don't interrupt me" when I was expressing my concern about lack of reassurance. I did not raise my voice and did not curse. I can understand if I had then it would be expected to be told "don't interrupt me." Now, I intend to report this issue to BBB and warn the public about 'Xtralights' very shady side and very poor customer service when the customer is requesting a refund. Furthermore, even when receiving follow up email from this company regarding email they hide their name. The sender is simply listed as "cs" As for the current staus on my refund they have only sent notice about one of the two cards I used obviously the least amount approximately $27.00 but no notice on the $250. I had also received a call from a girl stating her name as "Valerie" who sounded very much the same as "Jes" / "Nicole" as she annunciated her words exactly the same tipping me off that it was the same person. "Jes" / "Nicole" / "Valerie" said she was calling to confirm the refund was completed but I asked what about the remainding $250? "Valerie" paused covered the phone spoke to someone and then said "please allow one hour" it's going on 24 hrs later still no refund on my $250. "Valerie" even provided a reference number. I just tried calling the same number "Valerie" had called from before typing this review. I followed the automated menu instructions leading me to straight disconnection again. I immediately called a second time and the person who answered sounded as if he was just waking up. I asked who am I speaking to and he at first did not want to state his name. I asked again and he said his name is Peter. Peter is the same name as the person who took my order by phone. I tried explaining to "Peter" about the issue and my request for refund and "Peter" cut me off stating I will have to call back on Monday then said he can't help me. PLEASE BEWARE XTRALIGHTS.COM IS NOT A RELIABLE COMPANY AND EMPLOY SHADY RUDE STAFF!

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY FROM XTRALIGHTS.COM THE COMPANY IS VERY SHADY!

omarb37
11/7/14

The headlights look beautiful on my truck, they are much brighter than my factory halogen ones. Installation is pretty simple DIY, all you need is to remove two metal clips, screw them, pop them out, and then put the new ones in, that's it! Nice for their free shipping. Only thing was waiting for them, took about 5 days for UPS ground, but defintiely worth the wait to get these cool headlights.

royg24
11/2/14

The headlights looked good out of the box, installation was simple and perfect fitment, every thing needed was in the package, shipping was real quick and arrived in great condition, now that my car is completed, wish I spent a few more bucks and got another better style one but my headlights are working wonderful now. Will shop again for tail lights for my X'mas this year!

harryr18
10/31/14

I ordered a set of projector headlights for my Ford F150 with a HID kit a few months back from this website. I placed the order through phone and the sales rep was very helpful by answering all my questions before the purchase. These are auto parts so they recommended professional installation and I don't want to mess up the car or product by installing the lights myself. It took about 3 days for delivery from the day I order it. I consider that a really fast processing/shipping time. And free shipping??? I can't complain.

Their technical support rep was extremely courteous by communicating with my mechanic during the installation to make sure everything went smoothly. The HID kit was a perfect match for my car. It is a lot brighter than the regular halogen bulbs I used to have. Great for driving in the dark and the halo rings are really nice in my opinion. The quality of the HID kit is a lot better than those cheap kits you buy on ebay or other websites. I inspected everything when the product arrive to make sure UPS didn't break it during transit. The lights were well-packaged with a thick layer of foam pads and foam peanuts to protect it from bumps and drops.

I did read some of the reviews on here and it seems like a lot of y'all are having bad experience. I did some research before I made the purchase and so far their customer service seem pretty friendly to me. I'm very anal about my car and the accessories I buy for it. My lights are still working fine and I drive around a lot so they're pretty sturdy to me. Thanks Xtralights!

lewisg21
10/25/14

The headlights surely upgrade the look of my GMC Sierra. With no wire slitting and modification, they fitted perfectly. I will definitely shop here again. Thanks for making a nice product and shopping experience for me!

bills104
10/23/14

Dont waste your time with this company. I placed my order a week ago and my order still shows as processing. This would be tolerable if they would have at least responded with an explanation to my inquiries for an update. Upon e-mailing them however, all youll receive is a canned response that says We will look into this matter for you, once we have confirmation on your order status, we will update you with an email. If you have any additional questions, please reply or contact customer service. So now I am stuck in a nightmare trying to cancel my order. Lesson learned but rest assured, I will never deal with this company again.

UPDATE: There are no words to describe just how BAD the customer service is for Xtralights. I ultimately had to open a PayPal claim to retrieve my refund. After reading many other negative reviews from people with similar experiences as myself, I find it difficult to believe that any of the 4 or 5 star reviews are from actual customers.

walts1
10/18/14

I was pretty satisfied with my shopping experience at Xtralights. I forgot to include my full shipping address and got a call from their shipping department to correct it in 24 hours and my package arrived in the next 3 days well packaged. I will use them again for sure!

dannyw18
10/14/14

I had a great experience. The product was exactly what I wanted and arrived very quickly. The price was also fabulous.

quentinp4
10/13/14

Two times order head lights for differnt cars and both times light ajustment broken.Junk from China.Very poor products.Will never order junk from them again. Stay away from them if you not deal with crap products.Xtralights have many bad reviews.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from them if you not deal with junk from China.

darrylm13
10/8/14

Xtralights robbed me. They took my money easily enough over 1 month ago and have given me the run around ever since. First they claimed my billing and mailing address did not match (lie) so they were holding my order. Then, they agreed to send it but again placed it on hold because they claim to have sold out of the product I ordered. Sounds like they sold it twice to me if that is true at all. They offered me something I did not want so I told them to just refund my money. No problem they say, it should be in your account in 3 days. 3 days later , no money. They apologize and say somehow it didn't get sent to accounting. 3 more days and you will have it. Well, that has been going on for over 3 weeks now. They are rude on the phone. Afraid to give their names and just keep making the same promises with no delivery. STAY AWAY FROM THIS CRAP COMPANY!!! Now I am just waiting on AMEX to complete their investigation.

Tip for consumers: Go anywhere else to get your product. Or else, have it sent COD.

bretts16
8/29/14

Write your review to help otDO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! The sent me the wrong part after waiting over a week. Then, i call and tell them and they tell me it will be another 2-3 weeks before they can get me the new one. I told them i wanted a refund and they wouldn't issue me one because i "hadn't given them a chance to fix the issue" then hung up on me. so now i'm stuck with these pieces of crap that are just sitting here because they won't fit my truck. Save yourself the time! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!hers learn about this online business

Tip for consumers: Save yourself the pain of using these people. Cut your fingers off instead. You'll be much more satisfied.

dons43
6/17/14

Stay clear of this place. Customer service sucks as they constantly lie to you when you call to ask about your order. They also are located in New Brunswick Canada, not California as they claim. I ordered headlights for my truck that said were in stock. That was on 5/15/2014 and have not received them yet. Again steer clear from these people.

maryk48
1/31/14

Got a set of halo headlights for a 99 dodge 3500 did not fit properly sent them pictures of the way they fit and after a few emails it was agreed they would take them back for a full refund even emails stated no 10% inspection fee or $40.00 re stocking fee since they did not fit and guess what happened I got charged the $40.00 restocking fee with some story their tech said they were not installed right followed what directions were given

fredr318
1/9/14

Delivery was a little longer than expected, but not too bad. Products purchased from them were of good quality. It was nice deal.

lewisc18
12/24/13

Good price and shipping, excellent selection for older cars.

randyp14
12/9/13

I bought a pair of foglights for my Audi from them. It was good experience as they provided me with quality lights at genuine rates. I compared their prices with some other auto parts websites and found them to be the one charging minimal for these lights. So it was good feeling of getting lights at such price.

ericb60
12/3/13

The product was delivered on time and the quality was good. Would buy some more again.

juliusa11
11/28/13

I have purchased many products from Xtralights and they have delivered genuine and good quality products every time. Because of outstanding quality and remarkable customer support, I suggest it to my acquaintances too.

rodolfom14
11/21/13

I am quite glad with Xtralights because they have made it convenient for me to shop online. I didn't face any problem regarding security or delay. They do extremely well in every section.

delilahg
11/14/13

The first word that came to my mind when I received my order was. "Wow"..my order was packed so well that I could not help complementing them. Usually the online sellers forget about taking care of customer's goods once they receive money but Xtralights has changed my perception now.

aylind
11/7/13

Authentic branded products at levelheaded rates from the market have attracted me to shop from Xtralights. It is most wonderful experience of all online purchases I have so far in my life.

3 LEDS burnt in the first 5 Months.

By Angelo D.

Yes they are but service sucks.

By Angelo D.

I honestly don't know how this horrible company survives!!

By Colin J.

Questions? Get answers from the Xtralights staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Xtralights