Xfinitytv.comcast.net reviews

Tel: +1 888-831-3337
comcast_privacy@comcast.com

roseh91
6/3/19

I started internet service with Comcast years ago when internet alone was not a plan, and you paid extra because you didn't want to sign up for cable TV services. I had paid somewhere around $59.95 for both internet and cable up to that point. When I unplugged, however, they said I had to pay $49.95 because I didn't want cable TV. This was before everyone hated Comcast, and had started cutting the cord.

(Originally, cable TV was a billed service because we were promised TV without commercials. That was the selling point. TV without commercials. When they started billing us to watch basic channels with commercials because it went digital, I unplugged in protest.)

As I stated before, I just kept the internet services, but I had to pay the basic cost of $49.95 every month for years because I refused the cable. Then all of a sudden they started inventing this idea of greater speed, but internet service never got any better; they just simply started trying to find ways to bill more for the same or less services.

For example, if you own your own equipment, you are able to stop them from limiting how many devices you plug into the internet because your equipment manages that service, not Comcast. You can even schedule service, and shut down internet according to your own timeline with your own router. However, if you lease their equipment they can go into the router and limit the number of devices and set schedules, and they call this a service because people do not realize it is part of the routers' menu options.

They never used to limit streaming to 1 TB either, but now they do, and they want more money every year to make these changes that limit services; but, thus far, none of their changes have improved services. Yet their prices keep increasing! And now they not only get dollars from the customer, but also from advertisers because of the commercials!

Every year, for the past few years, Comcast has tried to increase my bill, and I have had to call to negotiate the same price while they try to get me to sign up for cable again. This year it finally came to a halt because the representative that signed me up for new services lied to me. Had I followed his advice to take Xfinity Online TV services and cancel after the first month, and just keep my Internet, not only would I not receive the same $49.95 per month rate for internet, as he promised, but I would have had to pay a cancellation fee for the Xfinity Online TV service! This was explained to me in the email that I received detailing my new plan. Thankfully, I stopped to read it rather than trust the representative.

So, I called back and cancelled everything. According to their bills, they are billing for one month in advance, and I had paid for that month in advance. Thus, I only received one week of services, and according to the representative handling my cancellation, I would receive a refund for three weeks of service.

Instead, I received a bill! When I called to contest that bill, they credited the $28.44, but refused to give me a refund because the representative claimed that though the bills say we are paying in advance, we are not really paying in advance. I did not get my refund of approximately $37.00.

I was lied to, services were limited, costs went up, and I did not receive a refund due to me. Not only did I suffer those indignities, but the representatives today insulted me. They made personal comments about me and treated me rudely, such as by accusing me of just wanting to fight with them, by cutting me off and refusing to listen to me, and by insinuating that I was not intelligent enough to understand that when the bill says, "On your last bill you were billed in advance for services between May 08 to June 07" that it just meant I was really only paying through May 08, and I still owed them for the days from May 08 until May 16th when I cancelled. Lastly, they felt I should be grateful they were willing to credit the $28.44 that they insisted I owed! Well, they can keep the refund I am due, as it is worth it to get rid of them.

Buyer beware, when a company becomes so greedy that it looks for ways to make more money without providing more services, and looks for ways to limit services by creating new plans that limit, but charge more money, that is the epitome of greed, and they can no longer be trusted. Last time I went to an Xfinity store, I observed representatives insulting customers and laughing about it after the customers left; that should have been the day I cancelled, instead, I let them talk me into another year. What a shame!

Comcast should be broken up into small companies, as it is a monopoly. If it were broken up into smaller companies, there would be competition and we wouldn't have to suffer the indignities served up by Comcast Xfinity.

daled18
11/10/16

If you get the HD dvr they will give you the worst remote ever. Whoever designed this should be hot-waxed. WHOEVER APPROVED IT SHOULD BE WATERBOARDED. What's with making the buttons so teeny tiny only a 12 year old female text wizard can see and use them?? . The stupid thing is all black with black buttons. (It would have cost more money to make the important buttons different colors ,so of course they went with all black with elf writing on them!) SERIOUSLY! You need full light on the thing to use it. WORST REMOTE EVER

bobm182
10/1/16

Well after several years of use and finally getting used to the ins and outs, they changed it again. Huge pile of suck now.

lv28
9/29/16

Comcast (or XFinity) had a great TV programming guide. Among other things, you could list your favorite channels (not having to scroll through a gazillion channels you don't watch), set up a watchlist, many other features having to do with programming your DVR. The format was easy on the eyes, easy to read and navigate. Well, that's gone. Comcast decided to get fancy and give us a program guide that lacks the features that everybody liked best.....but boy, it looks real techy and snazzy! The customer forums are packed to the brim with customers complaining, asking for, BEGGING for, the old program guide format to be brought back. Does Comcast listen? Well, maybe. Do they cooperate? Nope. I haven't seen one posting in favor of this new claptrap they've foisted on their customers. Shame on them for continued lousy customer service.

Tip for consumers: If you're using it for the programming guide, use TVGuide.com instead.

aliab2
12/8/15

Why on earth did u put add in the movies on demand. Makes no sense HBO doesn't have commercials on the middle of network movie why force them on viewers on on demand. Y'all suck

darwins6
12/9/13

Worse service I have had with any cable or sattelite service ever, it's fast when it's working, but off and on constantly, zero stars

lindam70
6/7/13

This site has tons of shows to watch online for free. If you have a comcast account, and you have extra cable channels, you can watch shows from those channels as well. It is great if you accidentally missed an episode of a show you like. It is a great way to catch up. Sometimes a new season of a show starts, but you didn't set up a recording in time.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Xfinitytv.comcast.net staff and other customers.

Xfinitytv.comcast.net?