Review of Treeium

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

erins71
2/24/17

Treeium must have near 100% labor fees and are afraid to list them when asked.

Quality of work? Who knows?! Never got that far. They refused to give us a detailed cost breakdown of our project. The most we got from our projected project manager (PM) writing down the work...still nothing regarding the cost of labor, materials, etc. He flat out refused to include demo as most contractors do when asked. When my wife asked again, the cost with the minor changes we asked for went up $25,000.

Could our refusal to sign the Arbitration Agreement (by law we are not required to sign) have had anything to do with it?

I don't think some of this stuff is the PM's fault so much...it seems like company policy. Of course, he does choose to work for them.

Have a moment? Here's what happened:

We negotiated an agreement with Treeium 2 or so yrs ago but weren't ready to do the work. They told us to take our time, they'd be ready with our file when we were. My wife liked they are eco-friendly & we really liked the guys they sent over...and we said we'd call them when we're ready. We like to keep our word so we did. However, they didn't keep our paperwork or they "couldn't find it." Regardless, We wanted to change out a couple of the more expensive projects for some other work.

The new rep or PM kept telling us to forget the original even though we told him that it was important to us that with the work the only different is that those 2 projects were being replaced. He wanted to forget it because those projects were very costly (over $20k) & what we were replacing them with were not at all but he still was charging us the same price. Actually, he was telling us there was no way Treeium could do all the work for under an additional $10-$15k.

After we took off 4 projects and agreed on the cost, he left but my wife was unhappy that over the course of the meeting she and the rep had yelled at each other twice to come to the agreement over cost. She doesn't like having to raise her voice to get her point across especially to someone who should be here to hear what she has to say without doing so. Much less being yelled at by someone she may be having to making decisions with like this in the future.

Should've known then: Treeium's more for their bottom line than honesty & fair prices. Anyway, my wife couldn't get it off her mind and emailed him and told him that she was still uncomfortable about 2 points...1 of which he snuck in as she was signing the last page. He said he understood. So without making us use our 3-day out, we'd meet the following week and to go over everything again. We did.

Changes:
1) increase the price per countertop slab that the rep snuck in last time
2) to include floating cement, (cement baseboard & other under flooring as necessary should have already been included as it was on the original...not sure what all that money was going to otherwise) initially he only wanted to allow for a specific sqf
PM removed during the 2d meet without my wife's knowledge:
3) Insulation between the garage ceiling/bedroom floor (the very thing we asked for in the 1st place as 1 of the replacement projects)
The things we overlooked:
4) faucets for the kitchen sink and bathtub
5) permits, (taxes, & fees included...already covered)

Everything else was or should have been part of it. We just spelled it out to cover ourselves such as if gout came with tile and carpet padding came with carpet. To be fair and we did give the project manager a heads up on this: We were going to ask for 2 Addendum to the agreement:
A) If no asbestos were found in our ceilings, (our house was built in 1 year before the 1978 cutoff) Treeium would Supply and Install 10 Recess Lights in the Bedrooms as the project manager (not us) removed those from our scope of work and
B) Any monies saved in any other projects can be moved or utilized in other projects

With the above minor changes & what should have been far less than $5k work (maybe breaking even depending on the actual cost of material,) agreement went up $25K...this after removing original $20k+ of work for <$5.

Are they passing the cost of opening 2 new offices down to their customers through labor costs?

PM knew we didn't have another $1k much less $25k, they just wanted out of it...because we had their #? I guess we could try to make them stick to it. We do have a signed agreement for the lower price but they are not the type of company we want to do business with. The work would be crap. They would constantly come up with things that wasn't in the scope of the agreement just to be jerks. We're better off without these people who can't keep their words and who don't appear to be an honest company.

Oh...look them up on BBB. They have an action against them that is very hard to get. And yes, I understand it is in appeal.

bens146
10/29/16

After contacting a few different contractors I finally found Treeium, and I'm so happy I did! Their representative was super professional and knew what he was talking about. My bathroom came out even better than expected. I would recommend to my friends and I'll definitely be using them again.

larrym82
5/5/16

May 5th, 2016, 10:30am appointment for free estimate for a patio/deck rebuild. After having three previous estimates from three reputable contractors a Treeium representative a (what I thought would be a knowledgeable contractor) showed up with his notepad and measuring tape clipped to belt. I told him the patio would be 17'X18', he measured never writing anything down. I explained to him the same things I told the previous contractors and without a beat told me it couldn't be done. I told him I have had other contractors come and have disgust what needed to be done. After taking measurements and notes was told in 2 or 3 days I would receive an estimate from them. Treeium Rep. Michael immediately started being very arrogant and condescending telling me all other estimates could not be true or correct. He then started trying to sell me on him company showing all kinds of paperwork and telling me that the sub-contractors that they use are professionals. I said to him " so you use sub-contractors and don't do the work yourselves"? He didn't like my questions. He than told me that I would need to pay him 10% of an amount he wrote down on a piece of paper so he would set a date to come back with someone to take measurements so they could give me an estimate. I then asked him "so you don't give free estimates"? He then got irate and said no engineer would come for free. At that I was very upset. I told him I needed a knowledgeable person to come to give me an estimate and not a salesman. He continued to talk down to me and I then told him to collect all his paperwork and that the conversation was over. He continued to argue with me and again I had to tell we were done. I then told him I was getting mad and wanted him to leave. I believe that this is false advertising, telling me our appointment was for a free estimate and not a hard sale from a salesmen. I had to select one star to be able submit this review, I wouldn't even give that that if I didn't have to. Larry Montano

jessical90
10/26/15

Treeium started off as a promising venture for me. After signing with another company, they were helpful and honest in outlining for me the grave mistake that I had made in doing so. The representative with whom I spoke, who's name was Elad, was incredibly eager to sign a deal, promising that I would pay slightly less than the other company was willing to do the job for. If you are reading this, I am here to tell you not to believe a word these people say. Half of the work done was ineffective and entirely unnecessary. He wasted my time beating around the bush with complicated language that was meant to make me feel like I should trust him, while keeping me in the dark as to exactly why. I didn't understand, but I believed him. My mistake.

patriciam39
8/1/14

I am very unhappy with Treeium. The prices for the work is way out of line with other contractors. They charge way to much. Be Very Careful and check them out.
They are not what they seem to be.

tinac8
9/3/13

I had some cabinet and counter top work completed by Treeium. The refaced my cabinets and replaced my counters in my kitchen and sink. I am thoroughly pleased with the workmanship and the short amount of time it took them to complete the project. I would recommend Treeium to anyone and everyone.