Review of Textbroker

Tel: 1-702-534-3832
clients@textbroker.com

nikolais4
10/23/17

Within some years I ordered 8 articles. Orders were done in time and the quality was at the higher level. I plan to use Textbroker services in the future.

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
HI Nikolai! We're happy to hear that you intend to continue using our services! Thanks so much for being a valued client!
danielh191
10/16/17

Great overall experience, from having my initial questions answered by the customer service team to final dleivery of my well written quality content. I will be back for more!

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Daniel! We're so glad to hear that your first experience has gone so well! Please feel free to reach out to us again if you have any additional questions or concerns.
jennifert158
10/13/17

I needed help in the next step of posting my article. The associate helped me through the process. When I completed it, he did a followup to confirm the article was posted.

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Jennifer! We're so glad to hear that we were able to assist you. Please reach out to us if you require anything else!
nicolet148
10/12/17

I appreciate being able to get the content done quickly but I use Textbroker as a last resort. My work is very research-intensive and many writers do not fully read my instructions, which is frustrating. Some writers take the articles in completely irrelevant directions. It often takes a revision or two to get the work right. Overall, though, the work is satisfactory with some edits.

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Nicole! Thanks so much for your honest review and feedback! We are always looking for new ways to improve our site, and we will take your feedback into consideration.
bryanw42
10/11/17

Ive been using Textbroker for probably 5 or more years now, and I still find it to be one of the best services out there. And the prices are very competitive compared to what a freelancer would cost. Id highly recommend the service.

Thanks for donating to help impoverished children in Africa

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Bryan! Thanks so much for your comments! We appreciate your continued use of our services over the years.
hiltons
9/19/17

Overall it has been a good experience with some bumps that are hard to forget. My actual rating would be 3.75 stars.

Here is why:

1 - I think some writers should have their work prescreened for quality by Textbroker at various author star levels because at the three star level for example, you will frequently receive texts that will either require various revisions or heavy editing on the clients behalf before using the texts due to a great number of gramatical errors, factual errors, structure of phrases, etc.. Increasing the star level of the authors will decrease the need for corrections, but that seems no not be a good excuse to be allowing authors who are not yet ready for a comercial environment, on the Textbrker platform.

2- The UX design needs some work because of the problems stated above. It would be important to me to have access to the ratings given on each individual order, directly on the past/current order list, and maybe even provide a function to allow authors who I have rated 5 stars for previous work, to either be notified I have set up a new open order and have a period of 6 hours for example, where one of them could choose to take it before it goes in to the "public" area where "new authors" can "grab" the order. The "new authors" are like a lottery, and can be very good or horible.

I could go on, but then I would have to invoice someone for consulting fees. ;)

Congratulations for the following:

"Thanks for donating to help impoverished children in Africa"

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Hilton! Thanks so much for your honest feedback! We definitely understand the frustration of needing to send multiple revisions back to authors. However, we wouldn't be able to implement a review of orders before they go through to clients without a large price increase on our self-service pricing. We do offer Managed Services if you are interested! This would take the workload off your shoulders. In lieu of this, I would recommend that you consider either going up to the 4-star quality level, or perhaps putting together a team of your favorite authors to work with going forward. If you would like more information or assistance building a team of your favorite authors, please email us at clients@textbroker.com and we will be happy to help you with that!
gabriellas11
9/7/17

We have been using Textbroker off and on for a few years. When we find the perfect writers, it's a love affair, but it's a matter of finding the right one. The service is great, turn around is awesome.

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Gabriella! Thanks so much for your comments! We agree that we're a little like a matchmaker for clients and authors here at Textbroker, and finding "the one" is key :)
ryanr99
8/22/17

Loved dealing with textbroker. Great service and fast writers willing to accommodate my needs. I can't think of another service that does what they do in the same manner

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Ryan! Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with others! We're glad we've been able to help meet your content needs!
richardr180
7/14/17

The support personnel over the chat support program was really helpful. Probably one of the best support assistance out there in the market. Thank you for your services.

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Richard! Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback! We're happy to hear that our support team has been able to provide you with excellent service, and we hope to continue to do so for years to come!
erics234
7/14/17

This is a great service that we have had a lot of success with. Staff is very helpful and quick to resolve issues.

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Eric! Thanks so much for your review! We're happy to hear that we've been able to provide quick and efficient support.
brittanym72
7/11/17

I have worked with Textbroker for years on both sides of the spectrum: as a content manager needing content for my certain projects on the job and as a freelance writer looking for work. No matter what position I'm in, I know I can always count on Textbroker to deliver an assortment of highly-qualified writers for my project's specific needs. Their writers are skilled in a variety of different subject areas and also do additional research when needed. I have always gotten my articles on time, and in many cases, early. Plus, the price for content is fair based on the quality and length of the article. And if you do run into an issue, their content managers are there with you every step of the way to resolve any problems. They can help you set up a content project, find the right writers, and even assist in managing the project to ensure you stay on track and meet your content goals. Textbroker is definitely a resource any content company and/or professional should have in their arsenal.

Tip for consumers: Use the author search feature to narrow down writers by star-quality level.

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Brittany! Thanks so much for your detailed review! We're happy to hear that our Managed Services have been so helpful in meeting your content goals. We hope to continue providing your company with exceptional service for years to come!
andrews286
7/9/17

You get what you pay for, and the bar is set low. We've had an unbelievable amount of highly rated writers completely fail the most basic of articles. We are planning to start paying two writers for the same article just to be able to get some quality. There is something wrong with the rating system for sure.

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Andrew! Thank you for your feedback. It looks like you are working with the same two authors. If you feel you are receiving content that is below the quality level of the authors you are using, we encourage you to find another author to work with. In addition, please always feel free to reach out to Client Services at clients@textbroker.com with your concerns so that we may do a quality check on the author!
paulw243
7/4/17

I clearly asked a writer to write a story for me.
When the article came back it was written completely wrong. They even wrote the story as if I was a woman but I am a man.
I corresponded with them and asked them to correct the problem and they said yes and they asked me to send the article back to them. I did (twice) even though they had it anyway. after 3 days and my deadline was almost up to get the article published, they had still done nothing so I rejected the first version. My rejection was taken to review and they rejected me and paid the writer for a useless article. I lost my money and have no right of reply. THe site is very hard to navigate especially for a newbie

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Paul! I'm sorry to hear that your most recent experience wasn't a positive one!

It looks like your refusal reason given was based on your experience using our site and not on the content that you had received. Please note that per our Terms of Services, valid order refusal reasons are the author not following your order briefing or writing the content to the quality level selected. Unfortunately, we are unable to uphold refusals based on use of the site as the author had completed the order per your order briefing specifications, and therefore, must be compensated for their work.

In the future, if you are having trouble using our site, please contact Client Services for assistance. Please feel free to contact Client Services at clients@textbroker.com if you have any additional questions!
ewelinar2
6/30/17

1. The passport registration is just horrible - long, very insecure and not understandable.
2. The process of accepting/reviewing the order is so misleading! I wanted the author to just make few corrections to the order, so clicked - Revise and gave feedback. Out of the sudden, the whole article is gone and I got completely new one, which is a piece of *, then review all over again, and again, complete waste of time :/
3. The user interface is super confusing, visibly not tested nor created with UX in mind. Is that even a technology company?

*Language redacted by admin

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Ewelina! Thank you for your feedback! Our verification process is in place to protect yourself, account holders and Textbroker from fraud, and has proven to be quite successful! I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive the content that you wanted from the first author you worked with. When you send a revision request, the author will have 24 hours to comply. If they do not submit the revised text within the 24 hours, the order will automatically be returned to the order pool so that another author may complete your order. If you ever have any questions about how to use our site, please feel free to reach out to Client Services at clients@textbroker.com or via live chat from within your account!
marcov17
6/21/17

Great first experience. Found a friendly and professional writer. I will definitely continue ordering via Textbroker.

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Marco! Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. We're glad to hear that your first experience with our services went well!
anthonyf83
6/14/17

There is too large of a skills gap between 4 star and 5 star authors. An article from a 4 star author usually contains poor flow, flawed logic, and takes several hours of personal editing to get into a final state. A 5-star author generally has post-ready material. Considering the fact that a 5 star article costs 3x what a 4 star article costs, there is a huge amount of stratification in ordering. I would like a happy medium between the two ratings - I am happy to do some touch up editing and am willing to spend more than a normal 4 star article to get it, but think the nearly 3X jump between 4 and 5 star is too much.

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Anthony! That's a really great point! We'll be sure to pass along your feedback to upper management. Thanks!
tracym142
6/14/17

Easy process like I had hoped! Excited to start writing! Glad to see a variety of topics and pay for specific assignments as well.

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Tracy! We're glad to hear you're enjoying our services so far!
keitha50
6/5/17

Hard to get 5 star authors to pick up, but busy equals good.
So if you want something done find a busy person and you get what you need.

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Keith, thank you for taking the time to post a review! We're glad you were able to find an available 5-star author to work with and were happy with the result!
samk115
6/5/17

I had a great professional services for my web content. I had 4 projects for my website content and all the four authors did a GREAT Job! A++++++

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Sam, thanks so much for your review! We're happy to have been able to provide you with A++++++ authors!
louisv24
5/24/17

Customer service is always pretty quick and professional. When I have a question, it is answered or handled within the day or 24 hrs.

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Louis! Thanks so much for your review. We're glad to have been able to provide you with quick and professional service :)
riversb
5/17/17

Our company has used Textbroker for many years and they continue to be our go-to source for help in creating content for our clients. From Webpage copy to whitepaper content across many different industries, we find Textbroker has the best writers. We have tried other content providers as they enter the market, but always return to Textbroker. They were one of the first content providers and continue to be the leader in this area in our book.

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Rivers! Thanks so much for your review! We hope we can continue to be a leader in the content creation industry and appreciate your continued use of our services.
juliea106
5/17/17

My only qualm is having to code things in HTML to format assignments. Lalala need to get to 100 characters to submit this disregard this sentence.

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Julie! Thanks so much for your review! I'm sorry you had to "lalala" to get to 100 characters to submit it :)
Regarding the HTML issue, if you could reach out to us at clients@textbroker.com to explain what you are trying to do a bit more, I can see if there are any suggestions that I can offer!
johnh696
5/5/17

Textbroker provides great value with it's large amount of content writers ready to develop engaging material.

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Thanks so much for taking the time to review our services! We're glad to have been able to help provide you with content that meets your needs!
sarai28
5/5/17

In the past I have used Upwork for projects but had been referred to textbroker by someone who has many articles written. I felt very removed from the process when using textbroker, like I had no say in who would ultimately write my article. I felt like the price was somewhat high considering we had the article written, just need a more businessy tone... they maybe added 50 words and moved a paragraph or two and it cost $46...I will be using upwork in the future or another site.

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Sara,
Thank you for your review of our services! I'm sorry to hear that you felt removed from the process. Should you continue to use our services in the future, we would recommend using the Author Search feature to locate a suitable author of your choosing. This allows you to choose the author you would like to complete your order as you would place the order with only that author as a Direct Order. Please reach out to us at clients@textbroker.com if you would like further instructions on how to use the Author Search feature or place a Direct Order!
joe4615
4/27/17

I've worked in the content marketing world for nearly a decade. I've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly - from Blackhat SEO practices back in the day, to the repercussions of Panda- and Penguin-gate. Textbroker has been a valuable resource for me to find and vet authors, building relationships that, with some authors, have spanned 8+years. While the biz model of Textbroker is set up for turn and burn "set it and forget it" content needs, what I appreciate most about them is their ability and overall willingness to create a system that works for me. Putting out content needs to the general public makes it difficult for me to get quality work...I have too many specifications and specs on my orders, so TB has allowed me to work with authors one on one, which in turn establishes a system that works for all of us. Above all, I appreciate their prompt, IMMEDIATE, and thorough response time. I get email and chat responses in minutes and their team goes above and beyond to help me, every time.

Tip for consumers: You get what you pay for...only wiling to pay .02/word? Expect your content to reflect that. Author bonuses go a long way :)

Response from Carlene P., Textbroker Representative
Hi Jo! Thanks so much for your review! It's always great to hear how Textbroker has been able to make a client's work life a little easier. We're glad to have been able to work with you through the years and look forward to many more years of meeting your content and customer services needs!

Hello Sherryle. When you sign up with Textbroker, you essentially become a ghostwriter. You'll need a PayPal account as that is how the company pays on a weekly basis. You don't get personal credit for the content because you're writing on the behalf of clients. Jobs are placed in the queue that you can accept if you wish. Once you complete the job and the client accepts the work, you are credited the money. Every Thursday night, you manually accept payment into your PayPal account and are paid on Fridays. You will need a valid form of ID - since it is a legitimate company operating out of Las Vegas. Some people have a problem with that, but they file taxes and send 1099s just like any other US business. It's no different than applying for a job in your local town - if you live in the US. They have a trial period when you first sign up to determine your skill level. If you're an exceptional writer, you can start at level 4 - which makes more money per word. Personally, I started at level 3 and worked my way up. The best way to maximize the experience is to be picky on the jobs you take and sign up for any active teams you can. Team Orders usually pay higher and have a greater volume of work. Some can keep you busy until judgement day. If an order is too confusing or has questionable requirements, move on to something else. You'll experience less problems that way. If you develop a good report with Open Order clients, you can attract Direct Orders. These are some of the most lucrative orders you can get because you set the pay per word. In the time I have been writing with the company, I've attracted quite a few Direct Order clients. I've been working with Textbroker since 2012 and have completed more than 4,000 orders. On average, I make around $15 per hour when I actually sit down to write. Working from home has a lot of distractions :). With one particular team, I can make $50 in less than an hour, but those orders go pretty quick as there are more than 100 authors in that team. Keep your profile updated and filled out completely. When clients and team leaders search the database for authors, your skills and interests will be how they find you. I hope I was helpful and good luck. Take advantage of the author forums. There's a lot of good people that can help you out - such as myself.

By Michael B.

Because TextBroker sadly deserves it. I used them a number of years ago, when they appeared honest and gave a good wage for a reasonable effort. I was initially very pleased with theie turnaround and pay, even though I was rated a 3, low for my skills with an M.A. in journalism and many professional writing jobs under my belt, But I took the evaluation, confident I could easily pull it up on my next review, and worst case, get up to and maintain a 4. And once they saw my range and level of skills, I thought surely I could reach a 5. .But I never got any higher no matter what effort I put into it. And then the pay rate got cut across the board, and then got cut again and again. Further, the editors I worked with were horribly unqualified and would return my work to change minor things they should have changed themselves. For example, one editor kept returning my work saying to delete a space between words!! I had accidentally had two spaces in a few places. And a few very minor corrections that she should have not only seen but CORRECTED HERSELF. There were no typos or any grammar corrections. I checked with a Wellesley college grad who'd been a professional editor for Houghton-Mifflin, and I asked her to review THEIR comments on my work. She was appalled. She said they did not know what they were talking about, and they were clearly sending back my work for minor things that they should have taken care of themselves. One TB editor and I played ping pong so long on insignificant things that I lost my deadline on a job! I warned her we would lose it, but she continued to take 2-4 days to turn around a 500-wd article, with only minor changes she should have made as an editor. I think they saw their profit margin dwindling at some point and made some changes that wrecked it for the writers. I finally got fed up and left.

By Cheryl T.

Hi Thressi! If you are looking to work as an author for our site, please direct any questions about being an author at Textbroker to Author Services at authors@textbroker.com.

By Carlene P. [Textbroker Rep]

Hi Carmin, Thank you for your question! Our author rating system uses an algorithm to select authors for rating, so we have no way of knowing when an author will be rated or which order will be reviewed. However, authors who write more often and are very active on the site will be rated more frequently. I hope this helps!

By Carlene P. [Textbroker Rep]

Hi Valerie, This means that we require further information from you before you will be able to access and use our site. If you are an author, please reach out to Author Services for assistance at authors@textbroker.com. If you are a client, you may email Client Services at clients@textbroker.com.

By Carlene P. [Textbroker Rep]

Hi Julia, If you are an author, please reach out to Author Services for assistance at authors@textbroker.com. If you are a client, you may email Client Services at clients@textbroker.com.

By Carlene P. [Textbroker Rep]

Hi Rosalinda, If you are an author, please reach out to Author Services for assistance at authors@textbroker.com. If you are a client, you may email Client Services at clients@textbroker.com.

By Carlene P. [Textbroker Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Textbroker staff and other customers.

Textbroker?