Review of Textbroker

Tel: 1-702-534-3832
clients@textbroker.com

hiltons
9/19/17

Overall it has been a good experience with some bumps that are hard to forget. My actual rating would be 3.75 stars.

Here is why:

1 - I think some writers should have their work prescreened for quality by Textbroker at various author star levels because at the three star level for example, you will frequently receive texts that will either require various revisions or heavy editing on the clients behalf before using the texts due to a great number of gramatical errors, factual errors, structure of phrases, etc.. Increasing the star level of the authors will decrease the need for corrections, but that seems no not be a good excuse to be allowing authors who are not yet ready for a comercial environment, on the Textbrker platform.

2- The UX design needs some work because of the problems stated above. It would be important to me to have access to the ratings given on each individual order, directly on the past/current order list, and maybe even provide a function to allow authors who I have rated 5 stars for previous work, to either be notified I have set up a new open order and have a period of 6 hours for example, where one of them could choose to take it before it goes in to the "public" area where "new authors" can "grab" the order. The "new authors" are like a lottery, and can be very good or horible.

I could go on, but then I would have to invoice someone for consulting fees. ;)

Congratulations for the following:

"Thanks for donating to help impoverished children in Africa"

gabriellas11
9/7/17

We have been using Textbroker off and on for a few years. When we find the perfect writers, it's a love affair, but it's a matter of finding the right one. The service is great, turn around is awesome.

ryanr99
8/22/17

Loved dealing with textbroker. Great service and fast writers willing to accommodate my needs. I can't think of another service that does what they do in the same manner

richardr180
7/14/17

The support personnel over the chat support program was really helpful. Probably one of the best support assistance out there in the market. Thank you for your services.

erics234
7/14/17

This is a great service that we have had a lot of success with. Staff is very helpful and quick to resolve issues.

brittanym72
7/11/17

I have worked with Textbroker for years on both sides of the spectrum: as a content manager needing content for my certain projects on the job and as a freelance writer looking for work. No matter what position I'm in, I know I can always count on Textbroker to deliver an assortment of highly-qualified writers for my project's specific needs. Their writers are skilled in a variety of different subject areas and also do additional research when needed. I have always gotten my articles on time, and in many cases, early. Plus, the price for content is fair based on the quality and length of the article. And if you do run into an issue, their content managers are there with you every step of the way to resolve any problems. They can help you set up a content project, find the right writers, and even assist in managing the project to ensure you stay on track and meet your content goals. Textbroker is definitely a resource any content company and/or professional should have in their arsenal.

Tip for consumers: Use the author search feature to narrow down writers by star-quality level.

andrews286
7/9/17

You get what you pay for, and the bar is set low. We've had an unbelievable amount of highly rated writers completely fail the most basic of articles. We are planning to start paying two writers for the same article just to be able to get some quality. There is something wrong with the rating system for sure.

paulw243
7/4/17

I clearly asked a writer to write a story for me.
When the article came back it was written completely wrong. They even wrote the story as if I was a woman but I am a man.
I corresponded with them and asked them to correct the problem and they said yes and they asked me to send the article back to them. I did (twice) even though they had it anyway. after 3 days and my deadline was almost up to get the article published, they had still done nothing so I rejected the first version. My rejection was taken to review and they rejected me and paid the writer for a useless article. I lost my money and have no right of reply. THe site is very hard to navigate especially for a newbie

ewelinar2
6/30/17

1. The passport registration is just horrible - long, very insecure and not understandable.
2. The process of accepting/reviewing the order is so misleading! I wanted the author to just make few corrections to the order, so clicked - Revise and gave feedback. Out of the sudden, the whole article is gone and I got completely new one, which is a piece of *, then review all over again, and again, complete waste of time :/
3. The user interface is super confusing, visibly not tested nor created with UX in mind. Is that even a technology company?

*Language redacted by admin

marcov17
6/21/17

Great first experience. Found a friendly and professional writer. I will definitely continue ordering via Textbroker.

anthonyf83
6/14/17

There is too large of a skills gap between 4 star and 5 star authors. An article from a 4 star author usually contains poor flow, flawed logic, and takes several hours of personal editing to get into a final state. A 5-star author generally has post-ready material. Considering the fact that a 5 star article costs 3x what a 4 star article costs, there is a huge amount of stratification in ordering. I would like a happy medium between the two ratings - I am happy to do some touch up editing and am willing to spend more than a normal 4 star article to get it, but think the nearly 3X jump between 4 and 5 star is too much.

tracym142
6/14/17

Easy process like I had hoped! Excited to start writing! Glad to see a variety of topics and pay for specific assignments as well.

keitha50
6/5/17

Hard to get 5 star authors to pick up, but busy equals good.
So if you want something done find a busy person and you get what you need.

samk115
6/5/17

I had a great professional services for my web content. I had 4 projects for my website content and all the four authors did a GREAT Job! A++++++

louisv24
5/24/17

Customer service is always pretty quick and professional. When I have a question, it is answered or handled within the day or 24 hrs.

riversb
5/17/17

Our company has used Textbroker for many years and they continue to be our go-to source for help in creating content for our clients. From Webpage copy to whitepaper content across many different industries, we find Textbroker has the best writers. We have tried other content providers as they enter the market, but always return to Textbroker. They were one of the first content providers and continue to be the leader in this area in our book.

juliea106
5/17/17

My only qualm is having to code things in HTML to format assignments. Lalala need to get to 100 characters to submit this disregard this sentence.

johnh696
5/5/17

Textbroker provides great value with it's large amount of content writers ready to develop engaging material.

sarai28
5/5/17

In the past I have used Upwork for projects but had been referred to textbroker by someone who has many articles written. I felt very removed from the process when using textbroker, like I had no say in who would ultimately write my article. I felt like the price was somewhat high considering we had the article written, just need a more businessy tone... they maybe added 50 words and moved a paragraph or two and it cost $46...I will be using upwork in the future or another site.

joe4615
4/27/17

I've worked in the content marketing world for nearly a decade. I've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly - from Blackhat SEO practices back in the day, to the repercussions of Panda- and Penguin-gate. Textbroker has been a valuable resource for me to find and vet authors, building relationships that, with some authors, have spanned 8+years. While the biz model of Textbroker is set up for turn and burn "set it and forget it" content needs, what I appreciate most about them is their ability and overall willingness to create a system that works for me. Putting out content needs to the general public makes it difficult for me to get quality work...I have too many specifications and specs on my orders, so TB has allowed me to work with authors one on one, which in turn establishes a system that works for all of us. Above all, I appreciate their prompt, IMMEDIATE, and thorough response time. I get email and chat responses in minutes and their team goes above and beyond to help me, every time.

Tip for consumers: You get what you pay for...only wiling to pay .02/word? Expect your content to reflect that. Author bonuses go a long way :)

stephanien39
4/27/17

It took me THREE attempts to reach Textbroker to get an answer about a transaction being run twice on my business bank account. When I got frustrated and said that if I didn't hear back from someone, I'd be forced to dispute the transaction with my bank, I was threatened with account suspension and/or closure. I've been a Textbroker client for almost 6 years. I get calls all day, every day from other content providers, looking to take my business from Textbroker, yet I've stayed loyal to them. So please. Close my account. I'll save tons of money, and I'll guess that I'll not get these threats and that the next company may actually appreciate my business.

hw43
4/24/17

The writer I work with is on point, gets what I'm asking for and the tone requested, and fully understands SEO. Feeling blessed to have found this service! Makes my life much easier!

edh41
4/15/17

Very reliable high quality.. Our clients have a wide range of niche industries. The amount of niche-specific research the 4-5 star authors do is wonderful. Very happy client

jims251
4/6/17

A bit of a slow turn around if you use the Open Orders pool, but great quality and customer service!

yj16
2/6/17

I tried this service out and write accepted an article over and over and never delivered. I reached out to their Customer Service for help and were extremely rude and unhelpful!

Tip for consumers: Go somewhere else!

Helpful answer

Hello Sherryle. When you sign up with Textbroker, you essentially become a ghostwriter. You'll need a PayPal account as that is how the company pays on a weekly basis. You don't get personal credit for the content because you're writing on the behalf of clients. Jobs are placed in the queue that you can accept if you wish. Once you complete the job and the client accepts the work, you are credited the money. Every Thursday night, you manually accept payment into your PayPal account and are paid on Fridays. You will need a valid form of ID - since it is a legitimate company operating out of Las Vegas. Some people have a problem with that, but they file taxes and send 1099s just like any other US business. It's no different than applying for a job in your local town - if you live in the US. They have a trial period when you first sign up to determine your skill level. If you're an exceptional writer, you can start at level 4 - which makes more money per word. Personally, I started at level 3 and worked my way up. The best way to maximize the experience is to be picky on the jobs you take and sign up for any active teams you can. Team Orders usually pay higher and have a greater volume of work. Some can keep you busy until judgement day. If an order is too confusing or has questionable requirements, move on to something else. You'll experience less problems that way. If you develop a good report with Open Order clients, you can attract Direct Orders. These are some of the most lucrative orders you can get because you set the pay per word. In the time I have been writing with the company, I've attracted quite a few Direct Order clients. I've been working with Textbroker since 2012 and have completed more than 4,000 orders. On average, I make around $15 per hour when I actually sit down to write. Working from home has a lot of distractions :). With one particular team, I can make $50 in less than an hour, but those orders go pretty quick as there are more than 100 authors in that team. Keep your profile updated and filled out completely. When clients and team leaders search the database for authors, your skills and interests will be how they find you. I hope I was helpful and good luck. Take advantage of the author forums. There's a lot of good people that can help you out - such as myself.

By Michael B. on 4/7/15
Helpful answer

Because TextBroker sadly deserves it. I used them a number of years ago, when they appeared honest and gave a good wage for a reasonable effort. I was initially very pleased with theie turnaround and pay, even though I was rated a 3, low for my skills with an M.A. in journalism and many professional writing jobs under my belt, But I took the evaluation, confident I could easily pull it up on my next review, and worst case, get up to and maintain a 4. And once they saw my range and level of skills, I thought surely I could reach a 5. .But I never got any higher no matter what effort I put into it. And then the pay rate got cut across the board, and then got cut again and again. Further, the editors I worked with were horribly unqualified and would return my work to change minor things they should have changed themselves. For example, one editor kept returning my work saying to delete a space between words!! I had accidentally had two spaces in a few places. And a few very minor corrections that she should have not only seen but CORRECTED HERSELF. There were no typos or any grammar corrections. I checked with a Wellesley college grad who'd been a professional editor for Houghton-Mifflin, and I asked her to review THEIR comments on my work. She was appalled. She said they did not know what they were talking about, and they were clearly sending back my work for minor things that they should have taken care of themselves. One TB editor and I played ping pong so long on insignificant things that I lost my deadline on a job! I warned her we would lose it, but she continued to take 2-4 days to turn around a 500-wd article, with only minor changes she should have made as an editor. I think they saw their profit margin dwindling at some point and made some changes that wrecked it for the writers. I finally got fed up and left.

By Cheryl T. on 3/14/16
Helpful answer

Hi Carmin, Thank you for your question! Our author rating system uses an algorithm to select authors for rating, so we have no way of knowing when an author will be rated or which order will be reviewed. However, authors who write more often and are very active on the site will be rated more frequently. I hope this helps!

By Carlene P. [Textbroker Rep] on 7/29/17
Helpful answer

Hi Valerie, This means that we require further information from you before you will be able to access and use our site. If you are an author, please reach out to Author Services for assistance at authors@textbroker.com. If you are a client, you may email Client Services at clients@textbroker.com.

By Carlene P. [Textbroker Rep] on 7/10/17
Helpful answer

Hi Julia, If you are an author, please reach out to Author Services for assistance at authors@textbroker.com. If you are a client, you may email Client Services at clients@textbroker.com.

By Carlene P. [Textbroker Rep] on 6/22/17
Helpful answer

Hi Rosalinda, If you are an author, please reach out to Author Services for assistance at authors@textbroker.com. If you are a client, you may email Client Services at clients@textbroker.com.

Helpful answer

Hi Chelsea! We can't wait to have you start writing for our clients as well :) Welcome to Textbroker!

By Carlene P. [Textbroker Rep] on 5/22/17
Helpful answer

Hi Rina, If you are looking to work as an author for our site, please direct any questions about being an author at Textbroker to Author Services at authors@textbroker.com. If you are a client looking to purchase content, please contact our Client Services team at clients@textbroker.com.

By Carlene P. [Textbroker Rep] on 5/18/17
Questions? Get answers from the Textbroker staff and other customers.

Textbroker?