US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

rlongn
12/1/16

I have seen some bad reviews on this web. I was really nervous before I placed my order. Then I thought just give a try. I got a great deal for the purse and got 2 day free delivery . Everything went well.

nioamie
11/10/16

Too long to write whole story other than they tell you a bunch of lies and don't even know what they're on about! Spent £355 with this company, Still haven't received my refund after two weeks, due to the sizing being much bigger than expected, baring in mind I paid £62 just to send them back!! and now being told I have to wait another week and more before I can have my refund! Absolutely ridiculous. Avoid website.

mb170
7/26/16

I love it all!

bargainerl
7/1/16

Recently ordered a Mansur Gavriel Bucket bag from SSENSE. Processed within 2 working days and delivered to my house 2 days earlier than the expected arrival date. Thank you SSENSE and UPS!

lesliek26
6/25/16

I bought a Alexander McQueen shoe from ssense, it's a sales item with spike design on the shoe. After receiving the parcel and wearing the shoes out for only few hours the spike actually fall off and I am so so disappointed with it. I didn't expect a shoe that cost me SGD $680 to spoil after wearing it less than few hours.

Please email or call me asap to settle this issue. I don't mind changing to another design if not please refund me.
And I suspect you guys are selling a faulty good as sales item. Please if you guys are not going to handle this issue properly I will never ever shop at SSENSE again and I will inform my friends as well to never shop at ssense too.

Hear from you soon.

nazi40
6/23/16

When ordering an item you would expect it to be in stock. It took up until the day before my guiseppe zanotti trainers were meant to arrive for them to notify me that they suddenly ran out of stock. All they offered was a petty 10% discount. I am disappointed and outraged by such poor service.

victorh49
6/21/16

You can snag a good deal from Ssense however if your buying from UK or Europe the following should be taken under consideration: On the website they do inform that import duty/tax may have to be paid what they do not inform you about or educate their customer services about is that the items could be held for anything up to 1 month or more in a central hub until the local revenue customs agents have checked the goods, and then calculated from the shipping invoice what duty has to be paid, if there is a huge back log of items they have to check there is nothing to be done until the all clear is given and your sorting office has written to you to inform you about the duty to be paid before arranging delivery.
So if your ordering an item for a gift for some one or your self unless your prepared to do the ground work and wait up to a month,do not order from this company.
Customer services do not know anything they cannot even answer a simple question of what agent their local shippers/courier use in your country to receive information.
There are other sites whom use DHL, UPS etc for delivery either local or international where at least you no your items will be with you a lot quicker than Ssense.
Would I use them again or recommend them no its just not worth the hassel.
My Ssense invoice was £297, with an additional import UK duty of £59.70p..

jp166
6/15/16

SSENSE sells their products in Japan.
But they do not even have customer service agents.
The customers do not even understand what they ask to do because the messages are written in English.

They are not even capable to hire Jp, they never make efforts, this company...my Jp friends gave up buying their products.
GOOD CHOICE, I am proud of you !

lilw2
6/15/16

Im reposting this review because ssense has trying to reach out to me by sending me a private message but i didnt register a name so i am unable to view her message to me.

Customer Service - I didn't like the product that they've sent me so I went on to their website to get a pre-paid return label for the return. I shipped out the return package, and it was untraceable and it's been 2 weeks so maybe the package was lost according to SSENSE. After multiple emails with SSENSE about the return, they would just ignore your emails all together, so I had to call them after not hearing back from them for 4 days. Now they would need me to create a claim with UPS, but UPS said I would have to be the sender who created the return label, which I am not. I am confused because I haven't done this before, and SSENSE customer service is as confused as I am because they didn't even want to help me with this case, only to keep telling me to contact UPS about the lost package. I asked them to please contact me in case the package might still be in transit to SSENSE warehouse, but customer service (Benjamin) keeps insisting that it should be lost because it has been 2 weeks.

*EDITED*
Katrina reached out to me and told me she will have a rep to contact me to help me find a solution. After that message from Katrina, Benjamin emailed me that same day and said he will help me call UPS for a follow up and claim. After everything, Benjamin told me that they will refund me the money, and Paul was the one who helped me with the refund and updated me every step of the way and ensure that I will be getting back my refund. But note to buyers, make sure how much your item is, if it comes with free shipping or not because sometimes they will deduct the shipping even though I had free shipping with my order so I mentioned that to Paul and he refunded me for that too.

chereseg
6/14/16

I bought a pair of giuseppe zanotti's for my boyfriend's birthday and I originally ordered them for $555 but then 2 days later the shoe went on sale for $379. I called customer service and they gave me the sale price and the difference went back to my card. I will definitely order more from their website because everything was easy and customer service was nice.

yuenl1
6/14/16

Received a pair of Giuseppe Zanotti, Valentino Open Sneakers and a Kenzo pullover today. The items are so lovely and in perfect condition. The only issue is that International orders take longer to process as they require a security check on international credit cards. In terms of customer service, email responses are extremely slow. Best and fastest way to communicate with customer service is via phone. All in all, I'd still take it as a positive shopping experience.

lilw1
6/13/16

jessican38
6/8/16

I had kind of an amazing experience..! The online reviews were pretty rough so I had to share my great experience with SSENSE.

At first, I was really unsure about the site since I'd never heard of SSENSE but I was dying for this Alexander McQueen peplum sweater and it was cheaper by $150 than at Neiman's. I took the plunge and ordered the sweater from BOTH sites knowing that I could return the one to Neiman's if SSENSE actually came through with an authentic product and on time shipping.

They MORE than delivered! DHL shipped the sweater from Canada to Washington DC *overnight*. It was in better condition than the one from Neiman Marcus (SSENSE sweater was flawless and the Neiman's sweater had the MCQ tag detached in one spot and the item had clearly been handled in a store).

The sweater is 100% authentic. There's no faking this level of quality and fit. It's identical to the one from Neiman's, just in better condition, so I'm quite certain it's the real deal.

My only recommendation would be that SSENSE should put their items in sealed bags inside of the cardboard box. With the absurd amount of rain we are getting on the east coast, a soaked box would mean a ruined product :( It was left on my doorstep but thankfully it was a rare sunny day and the box was in perfect condition.

christiann19
6/7/16

So i ordered a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes (shipping is free) and i got them in less than 24 HOURS!!! Since i am from Ontario the shipping is quick because it is near Montreal. Excellent first experience and will most DEFINITELY buy off them again. THIS IS A LEGIT WEBSITE. INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!

aisteb
6/1/16

I love ssense they sell quality items service is really great especially Katrina is absolutely wonderful always helpful and friendly.They ship items really fast and all products are quality items and if there is a problem they are always willing to sort it out.Regarding return shipping these guys are still young company and still working on things and not all onlince store got return shipping labels but they got many other good things!!!!!

stephenw76
5/25/16

To cut a long story short:

Bought Costume National jeans on final sale (20/5/16)
their policy states they will not accept returns on final sale items (no mention of faulty goods in this statement)
cost -£196
On arrival i found the zip to be faulty - broke in other words
Informed Ssense within 1 hour of receiving the item
Asked to send photos by them - I did
their resolution? to offer me a 10% discount on a faulty item - thats £19.40 on the £196 i has spent!!

irrespective of whatever reply they post BELOW i have received no other satisfactory offer or resolution! AVOID!! AVOID!!! AVOID!!!!

UPDATE: thanks to the lovely Katrina i have now had a full refund and my faulty good was returned free of charge. My review now reflects this - nice to see a business listening to its customers.

markc201
5/24/16

Worst experience ever, sites like ASOS is way more better.

The sizing chart is super confusing and when I ask for returning, the return delivery fee is not covered.

I won't buy other things from this site again.

carolinew24
5/20/16

ssence website appears to be great until you want to return an item.
I purchased a pair of Saint Laurent Lolita boots in my usual size and received them they were beautiful but far too big (although the size guide advised to take your usual size) I had to unfortunately return them and then realised ssence do not provide any returns service from the UK so had to send the item back through Royal Mail at a cost to me of £70.
Be cautious when purchasing from the uk!!!!

rm89
2/4/16

I have been a loyal customer ,SSence always stands by there products every order I have placed,It's been a success ,I hope they will open a Store in Los Angeles, we need this Quality of shopping Excellent prices and selection... And of course great Team especially Katrina..

mr501
2/3/16

Ssense.com stated that i would have FREE shipping (because order was higher than 250 eur). But when I ordered, a couple days later i got a bill of DHL of 180 euro (200 dollar) for taxes and import costs..

Really disappointed, at least they couldve warned that there would be additional costs..

zeldax
1/28/16

I purchased a Faye small bag in red and I received it with defects, I sent pics thru email and asked them for a replacement, they told me tho color already sold out. When I called them, the guy who answered my phone said actually they received addition stock, and they told me they gonna put aside for me, I was so glad actually, but I waited for one whole, I haven't gotten more responds from them, so I made the phone call again, and the lady told me the addition stock already gone, I was like wtf? You suppose to keep one for me, but she said oh I contact to the person who works for the stock department, but he's too busy to see the email. $#*! U ssense, $#*! u

calvinz
1/15/16

Purchased a Thom Browne tie which came with defects. Contacted customer support who in turn replied with a 10% discount as a courtesy.

Told them that their offer was a bad joke, to which they said I should take that 10% to use at a tailor to fix the tie.

Are you for real? How do you guys have any business in this day and age? Mr. Porter, END, every other online retailer in this space has CS far superior to yours.

Get it together SSENSE. Or don't, I'm staying the hell away in the future.

Tip for consumers: Don't expect good customer service.

moez3
1/6/16

I placed my first Order for a pair of zanotti shoes on Monday and reached Dubai on Thursday which was great.
after then I have placed 2 orders that were delivered fast within 2 days only.

I haven't experienced their return . great company to buy from

jessr25
12/30/15

What I like:
First, I cancelled my order in Ssence a number of times, and I was not charged once. Unlike some other places, I still get charge even when my order was cancelled.
Second, customer service on the phone was not bad for me, it was a very straight forward return request.
Third, I received my refund 2 days after Ssence received my return, that was the quickest online refund I ever had. And this matters the most for me.
Forth, they are duty free with some really good prices for Canada, considering how hard it is to buy some of the luxury items in Canada.

What I thought was cons:
- Ssence bags never have tags attached.
- Their price fluctuate a lot, feels very much like a person who can't make up his mind.

danielab5
12/29/15

I recently purchased a beautiful Balmain Tshirt and can only say good things about Ssense. I shop online a lot from Luisaviaroma, Farfetch, Revolve Clothing, Yoox ....and this was just another nice online experience. Definitely, I will shop on Ssense again!

19 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SSENSE staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question